What are Paycom users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Paycom software through verified user reviews

• icon"Paycom is an efficient and user friendly HRIS system that includes applicant tracking, on-boarding, payroll, and HR metrics. This is a wonderful, cost friendly tool for small non-profits."
  • icon"I love that it allows employees the ability to access and change their profiles and be responsible for their timecards."
  • icon"Paycom is a powerful yet very easy-to-use software. Their customer service is THE BEST."
  • icon"THE QUICK PUNCH SOMETIMES DOES NOT WORK AND DOES NOT REGISTER MY PUNCH IN OR OUT. WHICH THEN GIVES ME A MISSED PUNCH STATUS."
  • icon"Some of my staff have complained about the software not working correctly when downloaded as an application on their phones."
  • icon"This software is limited in the sense that when you are trying to do bulk uploading for time cards it will not let you do it if it's towards the end of a pay period."

Browse all Paycom Reviews

• Have you used Paycom and would like to share your experience with others?

Yasmine

Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Allows for easier and simpler processes and efficiencies

Overall Paycom seems to solve my problems before they arise; the integration between what would have been separate platforms allows for simplified processes and efficiencies that allows me to focus on the big picture rather than focus on the small tedious things.

Pros

Paycom is a one stop shop with one singular login. One of the key things that has been most beneficial is self onboarding, which reduced the HR workload, provides a 'mid-phase' to a prospective employee and active employee, and helps get drivers on the road 4-6 days faster than our previous process. In addition, the consistent monthly improvements are always an added bonus and I continue to be impressed with the developments

Cons

We wish there was a better integration capability to our third party platforms - though we primarily use Paycom, our industry requires use of many additional platforms. An integration outside of an API/SFTP would allow for an overall holistic view of our employee workforce and operations.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and we appreciate your feedback! We are happy to hear our software is helping simplify your HR processes

Replied July 2020

KIMBERLEY

Extremely Robust HR and Payroll Software!

Paycom representatives take the time to work with us on an individual basis to not only show us how to set up the features to our unique needs but they also performed training sessions with all of our staff.

Pros

The Paycom package has a multitude of different modules that you can either opt-in or out of making this completely customizable to your needs. Its integration with Great Plains to export payroll makes processing our payroll a lot less manual and saves us considerable time. The Employee Self Service feature puts the employee in control of their time off requests, direct deposit information, personal information, etc without the need to fill out manual paper forms. The employee's entry in the Employee Self Service updates their information immediately without interaction with our corporate HR department.

Cons

The setup of all of the features is a bit time-consuming but worth it in the end. The system is extremely robust and like all robust systems, it takes some time to get all of the features set to meet the unique needs of an organization.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

We switched in order to gain more features and to combine our human resources and payroll functions.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you are enjoying our customer service, and we're happy our software has helped streamline your payroll process. Feel free to share any enhancements you'd like to see with our team at feedback@paycomonline.com.

Replied July 2021

Ashley

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Company Change

Overall i had no problem with Paycom, it was just the system we used daily for clocking in and out, as well as editing time cards, and checking pay stubs

Pros

I enjoyed using Paycom for the short time my company used it, before switching back to ADP. It was easy to use, navigate, and teach.

Cons

Some companies offer different types of discounts, and "coupons" with their service like ADP. I can get cheaper hotels, rental cars, discounts at restaurants all different types of perks.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Pricing was better with Paycom, but eventually after switching after a year, we went back to ADP

Response from Paycom

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using our software, Ashley. Thank you for the 5-star review!

Replied November 2021

Dan

A Good Holistic HR solution, with a few tweaks it would be even better!

Paycom is the holistic HR solution we utilize on our campus.

Pros

The job application process/module is fantastic. As a hiring manager, I can see who applied, when, and automatically click on their resume and cover letter. This makes the process very easy and saves a lot of time. Time card management is also very easy. I can easily see the hours my employees have worked, and then either approve or deny particular days, or the entire time card.

Cons

I don't like that I have to have two separate logins -- one as a manager, and one as an employee. Particularly since I have to have two separate passwords. Additionally, while the performance review module itself is very easy and helpful, the fact that I have to manually push the review to the employee is unnecessarily annoying and should be fixed. It would also be helpful if reminders for timecard approvals would provide a link to the appropriate site in them. Instead, I have to manually go to my web browser and type in the URL -- it a little thing, but would make this much easier.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review, we're glad to hear you enjoy our single-database solution! We appreciate you sharing your feedback. Feel free to share any enhancements you'd like to see with your dedicated specialist or with our team at feedback@paycomonline.com.

Replied October 2021

Karissa

Bait and switch, twice

Bait and switch, twice now. Do not recommend.

Pros

Client specialist is excellent at responding.

Cons

Beware this is a company that seems to be having some internal changes to its policies and practices. The first sign is when our sales person quit. Upper Management and local sales team members blame others instead of focusing on customer service and doing the right thing. We were absolutely "misled". Twice. We should have gone with Paylocity which was considerably less expensive but chose this company because it had excellent reviews and we were told that our price point would not change, that Paycom does not raise their prices on existing clients. Lie. Just received a notice of a 3.8% after one year. We were told price would only increase if we opted to use any future add on features they developed. We were also misled and told that what we signed on for included all the modules they offered at the time of signing. Another lie. When we went to get training on some of these features, we were told we didn't have them activated even though we provided email proof with our sales person that we were expecting to have access to these modules when we signed on. I do not trust this company. A little over a year with them and we've had two major issues where we've had the bait and switch pulled on us. Software is ok once you're trained. We've experienced payroll glitches with incorrect amounts being shown as being removed from our bank but all three times it was caught and fixed in time thankfully. I cannot recommend this company.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

Price locked in, excellent reviews, we knew the sales person.

Response from Paycom

We're saddened to see this as your experience, as what you have described does not meet our expected standards. We pride ourselves on cultivating strong partnerships with our clients through our commitment to transparent communication. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your feedback and how we can help to improve your experience. Please reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com. We look forward to speaking with you, Karissa!

Replied February 2020

Dayna

The black hole that is Customer Service in Paycom

The experience has been bad. They don't support their small to mid-size customers. The people are nice but the business plan and structure is a mess.

Pros

The payroll portion seems to work well. We don't have to call for help often and it is pretty user friends.

Cons

The software is complicated and customer service is not available through Paycom. We have been working for 6 months to get the 401k feeds correct and we are still struggling. It may work but who knows if you can't get help.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

They sales person convinced me that their customer service was great and the structure put customer service first. She doesn't work there any more.

Wanted more functionality

Response from Paycom

Our support teams are dedicated to providing world-class service to each client. We connected with your client team to ensure your concerns have been addressed, but please feel free to reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com if we can be of further assistance. We're proud to be your HR provider and look forward to partnering with you on all your business's needs.

Replied August 2021

Fernanda

Industry: Think Tanks

Good days are over

Pros

I like that all information is housed in the individual profile.

Cons

Customer services have gone downhill. My company had 3 account reps in 2 months. They are always late, unresponsive, unprepared, and when you think a higher-up manager will help fix the problem, it gets worse.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

Because of the customer service, there was a huge promise on that front.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Because of the customer service

Response from Paycom

Our support teams are dedicated to providing world-class service to each client and we understand your specialist is actively working alongside you and your team to ensure your concerns are being addressed. If we can be of any additional assistance, please reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com.

Replied September 2021

Armaan

Industry: Restaurants

Paycom is Incredible and has the best support team!

Engaging with our employees has been so much more efficient with Paycom! They love the interface and once they got the hang of using it, we began to learn things from them as we made our transition.

Pros

There are so many features within Paycom that we utilize to make our operations smoother and mainly to communicate messages from the top level all the way to our team members.

Cons

There are still times where you have to jump through certain hoops to get to an end goal, or a particular report is dug down deep somewhere, but for the most part, Paycom has been user friendly and their support team is great.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

Our sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and her team were the best to work with and very knowledgeable about all of the products and features. We felt that was the best decision as this has turned into a great partnership where not only are we using what Paycom has to offer, but we are also able to provide our own suggestions which are coming to fruition for the whole company and this two way communication has been phenomenal.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review, Armaan! We're thrilled you have enjoyed working with our sales team and our support specialists! We appreciate your feedback, and we encourage you to continue sharing any enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated support team.

Replied May 2020

Susie

Outstanding Product and Support

The BEST Payroll, and HRIS system on the market hands down!

Pros

This product has high technology and excellent ease of use. It is ever changing and improving to allow you to keep up with the latest technology. Paycom also will customize your product for your individual companies use. The customer support is outstanding and they are always there to assist you!

Cons

There isn't much I don't love about Paycom. They have outstanding support and walk me through each portion of the program. The only issue I have had with Paycom is not having the Back Benefits automatically calculated. BUT this feature is coming soon!

Reasons for choosing Paycom

Product was better, their customer service team was much more personable, and the product was the most innovative. The company was more financially sound.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

ADP's Workforce was not an integrated system, but several individual products bolted onto their payroll software. Each product did not flow and work together. You were forced to enter the same information in each portion of the system. Their Tax filing services were terrible!

Response from Paycom

Susie, thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We are so thrilled that you enjoy using our products.

Replied November 2019

Frank

Paycom is truly full-service payroll software

Wouldn't want to be with anyone else. From the sales staff, to implementation, to our current reps, they know what we need, and provide not only quality customer service, but the software truly meets all of our payroll and HR needs, and has been thorough in every way.

Pros

The fact that everything is all together on one database, no moving between platforms for information. The same information for payroll is available for HR and vice versa. Also love the phone app, including manager ability to approve time via the app.

Cons

Couple reports not built-in to give us the ability to know allocated wages for a government program. Also, it is a bit costly compared to most payroll software companies.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

We had them before, but a CFO that is no longer employed decided on a cheaper product that didn't provide the things our business needed.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Multiple technical problems, and the need to have a more comprehensive software program for HR.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review! Helping streamline HR processes and eliminating manual tasks are some of our top goals. We're glad our software has been beneficial for your organization and we appreciate you sharing your experience!

Replied June 2021

Kristin

So far it's the best payroll company I've used

Great customer service. I haven't used all of the functions available yet such as onboarding a new hire but overall I'm very pleased.

Pros

Online portal & payroll processing, vast report options, mobile app, EE file management.

Cons

When researching Paycom the only negative review I seemed to come across was difficulty with the software. To a non-tech savvy person I can see how this would be true but the staff were absolutely great about scheduling times to train me and go over any questions I had. They also made sure to have me go through necessary functions rather than just sit & watch.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

I used these 2 services at my previous job and both had their own quirks and difficulties so after my Paycom demo I decided it would be best to try them instead and in the 2 months I've used Paycom so far I have not been dissappointed.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

PrimePay had terrible customer service, I had limited access in my online portal and the report center was confusing and never seemed to have the report I needed. Our payroll was incorrect and/or late more than once in my 1 year using them. They also double-billed me twice and it took 2 months of me repeatedly emailing, calling and following up until I found an employee willing to help that I finally got refunded.

Response from Paycom

A simple, easy-to-use software is our top priority at Paycom and we are glad our mobile app has helped you access everything you need. Thank you for the 5-star review!

Replied April 2021

Loved as an admin

Overall, I liked Paycom, it helped us consolidate HRIS and Payroll into one platform and upload mass employee data rather than having to enter it by hand.

Pros

As an Admin in the background I loved the reporting capabilities! You can report on anything and everything and customize the report however you'd like.

Cons

The team did not find it fully user friendly. It would take a lot of clicks to find what they were looking for. Also, by moving to Paycom, it made our 401k process a lot more manual. Having to enter employee rate changes by hand and upload 401k deductions by hand as well.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

The reporting features were better by far

Looking to combine HRIS and Payroll into one platform

Response from Paycom

We're glad to see you have enjoyed our software and customized reporting capabilities! We're interested in learning more about your feedback and how we can earn a 5-star rating from you. Feel free to reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com.

Replied January 2021

Cyndi

Don't waste your valuable time with this product

Paycom does not offer a demo account, like many of their competitors, so you have to rely on a quick 1 hour demo given by a sales person, which doesn't adequately capture the true functionality of this system. While the employee interface is decent, the HR and Admin management side is a nightmare. It's incredibly complex and it's just not possible to get it up and running easily. It will take a significant amount of energy on your side to get it functional. Additionally, many promises that were made in the sales pitch were not honored. The transition team and payroll team I had were not terribly experienced, lacked knowledge of payroll and their own system, and I had to walk them through several items that I didn't expect to have to do. Our employees weren't set up correctly. Products I paid for were not available on our account. I very quickly realized that this system was not going to work for our team and moved to cancel our account and the customer service was pretty awful, going all the way up to upper management. In the week I've tried to shut down this account, I got our company up and running with a different system that was everything I was looking for. All in all, I would not recommend this system unless you have A LOT of time to implement and train and you feel like learning a very specific system.

Pros

The time keeping modal was the easiest to use, however it still isn't super intuitive.

Cons

In 2020, with so many other INCREDIBLY user friendly options, Paycom is in the land of antiquated systems that are not intuitive or user friendly. * They use internal/proprietary language that isn't common or helpful. You have to learn how they say things before you are able to learn how to navigate the system. *System is incredibly complex and difficult to learn. Not intuitive at all. * Benefits Administration is non comparable with other platforms. If you are seeking a system to take that work off your plate, this isn't it. *Incredibly complex systems to managing HR documents. Again, it adds more work than other options and ends up not being worth it. *Overall, requires a pretty heavy time investment to train on this system. With so many other systems made to work easily from day 1, it's a big ask for a small company to sink that much time into training.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

Initially because of the service that was promised. That didn't pan out to be the reality of what was delivered, but the initial sales team was incredibly nice.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Paychex is antiquated and their service is horrible.

Response from Paycom

We're sorry you were unhappy with your Paycom experience. After researching further, we were able to determine our team worked closely with you to confirm the system was set up properly and because of our due diligence, we discovered there were issues with your internal data from your previous provider. Each question you posed to our team appears to have been promptly responded to with a helpful hand and with additional training materials. Based on our large volume of positive reviews, we are confident in the service our team provides and the ease-of-use of our software. However, we are always striving to get better. Each client's experience is important to us, and we will be sure to note your feedback.

Replied August 2020

Terri

Paycom is the Way to Go with all HR needs

As a startup business, using Paycom for all HR needs has been a blessing. The integration with our other platforms has been seamless.

Pros

Paycom is very user friendly for employees, having the manager on the go feature on the app is perfect for admins.

Cons

I haven’t found anything so far that I didn’t like

Reasons for choosing Paycom

Pricing was by far the best, and functionality. Paycom had what we needed all in one place, and great reps to help with the set up.

Response from Paycom

Terri, we're thrilled to hear of your experience and excited to hear you find our software user friendly! Thank you for the 5-star review.

Replied July 2021

A HRIS System That WORKS!!!

In February of 2020, we were introduced to our Transitional Specialist and that was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. WOW!! What an exceptional person and specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is. From the first meeting/training to the last meeting/training, she was able to teach, explain and get back to us on questions quickly which was always above and beyond. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very clear on what she needed up front and was never hesitant to clarify things that were not clear to her. The one thing that stood out was the system that we had was not user friendly when it came to pulling certain information out to send to Paycom but that did not stop her from making it happen. Her work ethic was always professional and positive. Trainings were easy because she always took time to explain why each step was important as opposed to just click here and move on. Her note taking while training was happening impressed us because she never started a new training session each week without handling last week’s questions. She always had the items fixed or had the questions answered. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is incredible not only on the trainings but she always gets back to our emails in a timely manner every time!! Turnaround time and getting straight answers from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was so refreshing since our old system did not offer that. We are confident that the Paycom team all follow this policy. Paycom is a phenomenal HRIS system!

Pros

In every aspect from payroll to recruiting to onboarding Paycom understands the importance of people's time. Paycom functions are quick and easy to use. The approval process from department to employee is simple and easy. The phone app is quick and employees do not have to spend time looking for what they need, everything is laid out in a clear manner. Applicant tracking is easy from start to finish. Our company also has the expenses part and for our team it is really easy to work from their phone and then submit. Payco definitely has many different components but each one is easy to use. This is a great investment because it is all at your fingertips. The last part is you don't have to get all the components at once you can customize the system to work for what is right for your company.

Cons

So far I do not have any cons. I am impressed with how the company runs.

Response from Paycom

We're thrilled our software has helped streamline your HR initiatives! Thank you for the 5-star review!

Replied November 2020

Paycom - Improving the Task of Running Payroll

Hard sales - it was not a comfortable sales process AT ALL. Lots of promises not all of which were fulfilled. Implementation team was great but I had to push really hard on some things that I knew must be there but my specialist didn't know about yet. BUT, we previously had a full time payroll manager and a part time recruiter, plus an HR generalist for our past system. Now we have one person doing all admin at about .75 FTE. We aren't maximizing the software but it's better than what we had before.

Pros

The employee self service feature and timecard management is fantastic. Their core philosophy is that employees enter, manage and approve their own time. There's a learning curve for sure, but ultimately - given my retail hourly workforce - this has been a huge sigh of relief over our prior timecard mgmt and the risk we had with managers entering employee time.

Cons

There are parts that are unnecessarily complicated - like the way that they have position mgmt set up, and how managers get access to open positions. The checklists and task management are also really complicated. There is no admin community or Special Interest Groups which is a huge miss. The peer sharing of best practices is something I miss very much.

Cost and usage options

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Did not like how complicated WFN was.

Response from Paycom

Thank you, we are glad you are enjoying our software and the convenience of employees entering their own information! However, we would like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. Please connect with our team at feedback@paycomonline.com, and we will share your feedback with our leadership team.

Replied October 2020

Tony

Industry: Oil & Energy

A really good system a couple of short steps from greatness

The software is progressing nicely and is very easy to use. Customer care at the account level is very good. Direct customer service sometimes lacks skills, but part of that is due to the fact that there are so many new features and add ins being released right now that their customer service team seems a little behind the curve of indepth knowledge. Overall the stongest product on the market for small to medium sized companies.

Pros

The UI and ease of use is at the top of the market. Large easy blocks and buttons to click on make daily use very easy. Reporting isn't perfect by at the top of everything I've used or seen so far.

Cons

The system still hasn't caught up to how employees think about HSA's. Employees think of contributions to their HSA's in terms of how much comes out of each paycheck and not how much they want to contribute on an annual basis, but the tool forces them to look at it in a yearly format. The request is in and hopefylly they'll fix it soon, but it's there.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

The complexity of ADP made it impossible to ever do anyting unusual without assistance. And sometimes even the simplest things became complicated quickly. In the end, not even the customer service reps could tell me how to do certain things without causing problems with data in other parts of the database. We decided to leave when this issue lead to data integrity problems.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear you find our system user-friendly. We also appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. We would love the opportunity to learn how we can create a 5-star experience for you. Please share any other enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated specialist or with our team at feedback@paycomonline.com.

Replied September 2020

Industry: Machinery

Best of the Best

Paycom is the corvette of HR and time management systems. We looked at many other products, and very few offered all native modules, and a nearly perfect user experience... Those that did would be the super-cars of the industry, they may be ultra performant, hyper tuned, or can do anything, BUT that often makes them expensive and hard to maintain. Paycom struck the perfect balance for our company.

Pros

Paycom pays their sales team and integrations people based on the success of the company they are selling to. The software is intuitive, web and mobile friendly, and most importantly all native to the paycom system unlike almost every other vendor we looked at.

Cons

A bit pricey, some modules are not included by default, not as flexible as some other tools we looked at.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

Paycom was the only provider that was 100% integrated with themselves. All others had multiple modules that were built or acquired across time resulting in poor performance, difficulty in training, and poor user experience. Paycom stood above all others in being the most intuitive, while maintaining the functionality and flexibility we needed. There were others with more flexibility, or features, but they did not stand up to what we needed from the user perspective.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Poor support, slow development of new features, all apps were silo'd.

Response from Paycom

Daniel, thank you for the review! We're thrilled that we can support your organization's needs!

Replied February 2020

One of the best solutions for HR

Using Paycom as an Administrator is a breeze. Easy to set up, great for reporting, payroll processing, and customer support (I have a designated representative). No more case numbers or long waiting calls. For employees, or standard users, the system is easy to navigate. The Paycom App is fantastic.

Pros

As Administrator of the system, Paycom is convenient/easy to use. The modules such as Benefits Administration, Time and Attendance, Document Management, Expense Management, Applicant Tracking, are very intuitive to use. The report writer is the best. Compared with ADP, Paycom is one of the most user-friendly HRMS out there. Customer support is great. Each account/company has a designated representative assigned.

Cons

Price. The products are wonderful, but it comes with a price. Every company/organization has its uniqueness. Finding a perfect HR software is not easy, but Paycom meets all the criteria I need.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Cost, Outdated version, representative never approached us even when the software we were using was outdated. Very disappointed with ADP.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the fantastic review! We appreciate you sharing your experience with Paycom! We're thrilled that you are enjoying our products and that you find them easy to navigate! If there are any updates that would improve your experience in the future, please let your dedicated support specialist know!

Replied January 2020

ANTONIO

Industry: Building Materials

It pays to use Paycom!

Paycom has made everything related to HR easier. Whether it's payroll, benefits, SOP's, document signing even business process tutorials, everything is in one place now and easier to access and interact with.

Pros

Paycom was, at first, difficult. Like any new software you want everything to be where it was before. It wasn't. However with just a few short uses and the tutorials I realized that it was easier, faster and better organized than the software we were using before, which was online based instead of app based. Thank god we switched to Paycom, which made all of our business lives related to HR processes faster, easier and more efficient.

Cons

Once I learned it I have not found anything to complain about. Okay, the fingerprint log in doesn't always work perfectly. :) There.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

We were using ADP and switched. Thought about staying with it because training 450 people is always a challenge. However, the benefits to change were to great.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Not enough flexibility. We with 450+ employees we needed more access to more information in one place so we could try everyone once on one software.

Response from Paycom

Antonio, thank you for the raving review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience!

Replied January 2020

Elaine

Paycom- From Manual Processes to the Modern Age

Overall our experience with Paycom has been very positive. Like any new system it has not always been easy, and some days I have really wished that hitting a computer did make it work better. However, if you take time to understand the system, and really think through your processes to mold them to what Paycom is designed to do instead of trying to may Paycom fit into your old processes, it always works out.

Pros

Paycom has been a massive change for my company. In January of 2019, we switch from a paper-driven, multi-system segmented way of running our HR and Payroll departments to Paycom, and we will NEVER go back! I worked with my team as well as Paycom's implementation team to get the system set up and then in training our Management Team as well as our employees in how to effectively use Paycom. After some bumps in the road, our departments are running smoothly, and we cannot begin to tell you how much of our time we have gotten back in our days because of it. My favorite thing about the system is how intuitive it is. Once you understand how the Personel Actions Forms work, you can easily understand the Performance Discussion forms. The things you learn from those programs will help you know how to interact with the other modules as well. We also really appreciate how often they create, advertise, and then released new features for free. Things that our team use regularly now did not exist when we first rolled out the system. It has made a massive difference in how we manage our people-data and administer almost every HR and Payroll function and several other processes besides.

Cons

The thing that we have struggled with the most is that the system is almost too customizable. Take a PAF (Personel Action Form), for example. On there is has an effective date feature that allows you to either back-date the pay-change or set it for a future date. We had been using that feature for months when an audit showed that the effective date was not working. When we contacted our Account Specialist, they said that they needed to "turn that feature on" before it would be working. There have been a few other features that we didn't know we needed to ask for them to be "turned on" and just assumed that they were.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

We did two waves of research before we choose Paycom. First, we called each company and asked them the same set of questions to see how each one addressed the needs we as a company felt should be most positively impacted by bringing on an HRIS system. We also asked for their rates, as it was essential that the system not only works well work us but that it fits into our budget as well. As a non-profit organization, budget is one of those things that are not very negotiable. We then took that top 4 contenders from that wave of research and scheduled live Demos at our office with all key-players to make sure that not only the HR and Payroll departments liked the system, but that every head of department saw the value and use in the system. Paycom beat out the others by a mile.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review and feedback, Elaine! We are thrilled that you and your organization are enjoying Paycom! Please let us know if there is any way we can improve your experience by either directly reaching out to your specialist or contacting our team at feedback@paycomonline.com.

Replied December 2019

Mary

Industry: Architecture & Planning

A good solution for the money

Overall we are very pleased with the scope and breadth of the system. We are finding that we are able to solve many HR challenges through this platform. And they are continually improving the product. Even in the last 10 months, some of the things that would have made to the "What do you like least about this software?" list have been resolved through new product releases.

Pros

We implemented Paycom after becoming frustrated with a much more expensive solution. We have been using it for about 10 months and are still amazed at how intuitive the software is. Our HR team has been able to go right into the system and begin using it with very little formal training which a plus when time is tight. But I would also recommend taking their webinar training when offered. I've picked up tricks that are less obvious but greatly enhance my ability to accomplish what I need to do in the system. I especially like the Personal Action Forms and the fact that they are customizable. We don't even need process documentation anymore. We create a custom PAF for each type of employee transaction that needs to be made and include all the relevant fields that may need to be changed or verified as a result of the change type. This is a huge time saver for us and keeps our data accurate. I also appreciate the many compliance tools and dashboards. We have been able to ensure Notice Compliance by using the Checklists functionality. You can assign documents to employees and get their signed acknowledgement and be completely paperless! A great benefit with six offices spread across the country and only one central HR department.

Cons

We are still hopeful that Paycom will come out with a more robust API that will allow us to share employee data bi-directionally. For now, you can export data from Paycom to share across other software systems but you cannot write into Paycom. Everything needs to be manually imported.

Reasons for choosing Paycom

We were attracted to the PAF (Personal Action Forms) that could be customized for each separate type of employee transaction. This eliminated the need to create process documentation that lists all the different screens you need to go to to find relevant fields to change/check when making employee changes. Paycom also offered a very competitive price compared to the other products we demoed.

Reasons for switching to Paycom

Other product was too expensive and was not delivering on promises made during the sales process

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review and feedback, Mary! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We will be sure to share your feedback regarding the API process with our product teams.

Replied October 2019

A well-rounded, feature rich HRIS

We use the Paycom HRIS similarly to most companies might us it; for payroll, employee management and talent acquisition. The system has decreased the amount of time we spend on every day tasks. It's simplified the payroll process, transitioned us from paper to digital in many ways and added value to the new hire process. The ability to on-board new hires electronically has been a vital time savings. Our reduction in paper cost is significant. Overall, our Paycom experience has been very positive. It's re-defined the way we handle HR tasks. It's brought our candidate experience to a new level and has resulted in immeasurable time savings. Any issues we have are overshadowed by the fact that we can always reach a knowledgeable account representative that is willing and eager to help us. Paycom continually proves themselves to be a partner who has a vested interest in our success. I would not hesitate to recommend Paycom as a full-featured HRIS or for any of their many specific modules. As someone who has used all of their modules, I can attest to their quality and accuracy. They should be a top contender for any organization shopping for an HRIS.

Pros

Paycom may not have the brand recognition of a larger HRIS, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be a front-line contender. The software is robust with capabilities that round out its fairly intuitive interface. If you have a need for an HRIS, chances are good that Paycom will be able to satisfy it. Our experience with their offerings includes Payroll, Employee Management, Applicant Tracking and other modules. While the modules differ in their complexity and sometimes require a modest learning curve, there's nothing inherently negative to say about any of them. Even with some time to adjust and learn the system, it can be credited for simplifying almost every aspect of our human resources administration. What's more is that Paycom is continually updating and streamlining it's software. Seldom a week or two goes by without a meaningful innovation to Paycom. I've taken notice that these updates most often the fruit of listening to customer feedback; something many companies aren't particularly well known for. In my experience, we've always been able to reach a representative at Paycom and they've always been willing to take our feedback. When practical, they've been able to implement some of the things that we've asked for. They've been quick to address any problems that we've experienced, either through software or user error. Simply put, Paycom is a responsive HRIS suite that continues to evolve while offering an outstanding customer service experience.

Cons

Paycom offers a bevy of features, but you won't find all of these enabled at the onset. As you dig through the manual, you will find interesting features that aren't present in your HRIS. This is usually because they're not enabled which doesn't always mean that they come at an extra cost. It only means that these specific features have not been turned on and that you need to request that functionality by contacting your account representative. This can be a bit frustrating at times, but it certainly makes sense not to enable everything in the system. I suppose that it is akin to training wheels. Paycom offers so many features and functionalities that enabling them all at once would likely be overwhelming to a new user. In this respect, it makes sense that certain, less popular features, might not be enabled by default. That's the case for some of the Paycom features, but you'll find it easy enough to have them enabled. It merely takes a phone call to your account representative who will have the feature enabled in relatively short order. Apart from that, not every aspect of the system is completely intuitive. There are some areas in Applicant Tracking, for example, that can be cumbersome and less than stream-lined. Some things are just harder than they should be - either due to the overwhelming feature set or ill-thought design. Having said that, Paycom is continually evolving and I've seen active changes to make all aspects easier to use.

Response from Paycom

We greatly appreciate your feedback and your review. Our team is constantly finding ways to improve how users interact with Paycom and we will pass our product team your thoughts. If you have any other thoughts feel free to let us know.

Replied April 2019

Ricky

Industry: Information Services

Human resource management simplified

Paycom is a wonderful tool for small to medium organizations looking for a single system to manage Human Resources related tasks and processes. Employees spend less time managing their time, information, and benefits which results in more productivity. Performance management has become more visible organization-wide

Pros

Performance management is a key feature that allows me to efficiently track and manage my team's performance. Instead of a one-time, resource consuming performance review cycle, Paycom allows me to add notes throughout the year so end-of-year performance reviews become a snap. We recently implemented Paycom expense which has streamlined submitting and approving team and department expenses. A key feature is the ability to create expense templates for monthly recurring expenses, saving valuable time and energy. Benefits management simplifies what could be a complex process to research, understand, and enroll in company sponsored benefits. In particular, a single dashboard displays all of your employee benefits making it easy to find what you're looking for and make changes along the way.

Cons

We've recently tapped into Paycom's My Learning module. I'd like to see an investment in content development areas like security and compliance to further leverage Paycom as the main source for employee training. Paycom's UI design and navigation feels outdated compared to similar software.

Response from Paycom

Ricky, thank you so much for your positive and detailed review of the partnership between your organization and Paycom. We will share your feedback regarding our training content and product development teams. We also recommend the resources on the Paycom blog and the HR Break Room podcast regarding the topics you mentioned. Please reach out to your Paycom specialist if you have any additional questions or feedback.

Replied September 2018

Paycom is the One Stop Shop!

Our previous vendor was built off bolt on modules, not products they developed. This vendor didn't allow for online signing of new hire paperwork, didn't have a built in electronic I-9, had separate time and attendance and PTO tracking. It became a full time job just to keep up with their time and attendance and PTO tracking. When we were shopping for new HRIS software we knew we wanted one system and Paycom was the only one we found that was truly one system. Since bringing in Paycom we have moved into the digital age! With all the efficiencies we have found utilizing Paycom we have been able to save on overhead and have maintained an open headcount for the HR department. Not only is the software top notch but we love having top notch customer service as well! Not only do we have a dedicated payroll specialist that we can contact for day to day questions and assistance but we also have a Customer Relations Representative (CRR) that is available for onsite training and overview of the system to ensure we are getting the most of the system and fully utilizing the products we purchased!

Pros

Paycom is the one stop shop for HRIS systems. From posting job opportunities, tracking applicants through the interview process, onboarding, and the entire employee life cycle, Paycom has it all. Just when you think it can't get better they do a monthly release that makes you go "wow!". They are innovative and always looking for ways to make the HR professional's life easier!

Cons

One area of focus I would recommend would be more content development in their new LMS module. The module itself is really user friendly but having content is the toughest part of building an LMS. Having more pre-built content would help utilize the module quicker.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to partner with you to be your ?one-stop shop? payroll and HR technology solution.

Replied June 2019