Podia

Podia Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Ease of use both for administrator and course/community members."
  • icon"Enjoyable user experience for my customers. Awesome interface in the student side, beatuiful and clear."
  • icon"AND the price is very affordable too. Great customer support with tons of tutorials."
  • icon"Well known competitors (which I won't name), have a ton of features but makes it a lot more complicated, not as intuitive and a bit more difficult to use it."
  • icon"At the begining I thougth the missing of some functions were a Con."
  • icon"Initially, I found some of the settings confusing and counter-intuitive."

All Podia Reviews

Frankie

The best tool on the market

It has been a dream product to use

Pros

By far the sleekest design UX experience I have had with any e-learning platform, and I have used others in the past. The team were able to migrate me from Failjabi in less that 24 hours and the support is so personal and caring. It's also great value for money and I could not ask for better updated as the arrive month by month, I have just committed to another 12 months with Podia by paying upfront and I would never have dreamed of doing this with any other service Thank you Podia for such a great product I look forward to what 2020 brings, please accept crytpo payments in the future ;)

Cons

No crypto checkout, I know this might be difficult to implement but would be a great feature.

Reasons for switching to Podia

I won't waste my energy on explaining why I moved, I'm just so happy I did.

Ryan

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

July 2022

Stress-free course commerce

Podia lets me focus on teaching, and I never have to think about handling payments or tech support. The WYSIWYG website builder has also improved tremendously over the years, which allows us to continue bulking up our marketing site without hiring a designer.

Pros

As a software guy, I'm used to spending a lot of time fine tuning features, fixing bugs, and troubleshooting issues for customers. Thankfully with Podia all of these tasks are non-issues. Within a few minutes of opening our first of 2 schools in 2019, we had Stripe and Paypal payment gateways configured and were already making money with the simple presale landing page feature. Over the last few years we've done multiple six figure revenue through Podia, and enjoy the "all in one" nature of the product -- email newsletters, community, courses. The referral program has also been a great avenue for us, as we've shared Podia with enough creators to now essentially have a free account for life. This means I can focus more on making good content, and less on weighing the pros and cons of a monthly bill vs our enrollment traction at the time. I've used a couple Podia competitors as well over the years, but overall this is my #1 recommendation for no-code LMS.

Cons

There are several features (both big and small) that would make me rate Podia a 10/10 instead of ~8.5 / 10. For starters, an open API. Currently the Zapier integration is too limited to help us achieve what we want, namely trigger based emails linked to specific lectures in the course. I'd also like better analytics, such as seeing which students are in a given "cohort" (e.g. who finished Module 1 vs Module 3), so we can better nudge them along toward completion. Lastly, there are a few improvement opportunities to the course editor itself. For us this would include more rich text options, as well as embedded code snippets.

Reasons for switching to Podia

Better design (both student- and admin-facing), better whitelabeling of the LMS and student checkout experience.

Nic

October 2022

Great if you want to be a social media platform with a paywall

Great at first, until mandatory updates vastly impacted our workflow. We were able to find a platform that suited our needs more directly and came with additional features that podia did not offer at the time.

Pros

It was easy to use and easy to set up. Payments were easy to collect

Cons

Many features were added that changed the workflow of our business and there was no way around it. Customer support understood our issue and said there was no way to reconcile the changes as that was the direction the company decided to go. Which is fine. But it felt like an unnecessary change.

Becky

March 2022

Highly recommend Podia

Pros

I've been a user since the early days of this platform. It has grown and changed a lot, and that's what I love most. They are incredibly responsive to their users, frequently adding new features based on what people ask for. It can replace several tools and at a really competitive price. And their customer service is amazing.

Cons

If you are looking for the most robust and highly customizable email platform, this isn't it. It can do basics, but I still pay for an email service.

Reasons for switching to Podia

The price was much more competitive for Podia at the time, and it offered more capabilities.

Tracey

April 2022

Podia

Because it is easy to use, you can have everything within one platform and the customer service is amazing. Every time I have a question someone gets back to me and the advice is spot on.

Pros

everything is in one platform, it is user friendly, I don't have to be tech savvy and customer service is excellent. It was the only product that offered everything I wanted for a good price. I moved to podia as I was over having a lot of different products and there associated memberships.

Cons

At this stage I have no cons as it serves my purpose and makes it easy.

Reasons for switching to Podia

I am a great teacher not a great IT person and with Learndash and all the plug ins I needed I was struggling to manage it. with podia I can do it all on one platform.

Jonathan

Easy to set up and use and the online help is fast, responsive and always helpful

Pros

Price was the most important factor initially. This is a reasonably priced product with the options to grow as budget and needs allow.

Cons

I often build landing pages on my own website using drag and drop software. I wish there were more options to build podia pages like this to give it that more unique and on brand look

Reasons for switching to Podia

Found teachable too expensive and not user friendly when building pages. Very out of date.

Response from Podia

Thanks so much for the great review, Jonathan! It makes our day to read these. We appreciate the product feedback as well and always have our ear to the ground on these things. We'd love to chat to you about how you use Podia and more than anything, about your story as a creator. We're always on the lookout to feature creator stories. Shoot us an email at hello@podia.com to have a chat?

Replied February 2022

April 2022

All the best tools for the best price

Podia excels at providing easy to use tools to set up my sales pages, products and automated emails. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH! Friendliest people ever and I model my own customer service after theirs.

Pros

I love how all the tools you need are right inside the platform. I don’t have to hook up 5 different tools from 5 different platforms to run my business. One place, all the tools, easy to use.

Cons

I would like analytics to track conversion rates.

Reasons for choosing Podia

It included everything I needed without have to buy and integrate more services from other providers.

Tanya

Industry: Writing and Editing

Want your sales pages, courses, and emails all in the same place?

I was already paying Convert Kit the same amount as Podia with no course options. Sure Podia's email is a little basic but the Podia Team has given me some great workarounds. For the price, you get so much more here than with the basic email platforms.

Pros

Just Do it! Should be Podia's slogan! These guys get you started on making life happen. Do you dream about making a course? This is the place to do it. The videos and chat help will help you make the course happen. And don't worry! You can go in and change things as you go along. So Just get started already.

Cons

With support, they do everything but come to your house and design the program for you. But that is truly what I wish they did. They have all kinds of great examples and challenges to get you started. I just wish they would send a maid and a nanny so I could clear my calendar to get on with it already.

Reasons for choosing Podia

More support. Better videos. On-demand chat service. Matt was really helpful in the one-one zoom call.

Reasons for switching to Podia

Tons more options for product sales. Plus since Convert Kit was purchased a couple of years ago their support has not been as good.

Norman

Podia Review by WOODSKILLS

Very easy to implement my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] web site.

Pros

How it is designed with the course developer in mind. I transferred from Shopify. which was more oriented towards physical products.

Cons

I can't think of anything at this time..

Reasons for switching to Podia

Podia is much more conducive to Digital Products, especially courses.

Response from Podia

Thanks so much for the great review, Norman! We definitely design Podia with course developers in mind, and you saying that makes our day :D We'd love to chat to you about how you use Podia and more than anything, about your story as a creator. We're always on the lookout to feature creator stories. Shoot us an email at hello@podia.com to have a chat?

Replied February 2022

Caitlin

November 2022

Cheaper than Kajabi but harder to use

Pros

Much cheaper than Kajabi, and does almost the same things

Cons

It isn't as easy to use as Kajabi, and doesn't provide as good of a user experience

Mary

June 2022

Wow incredible customer service & great product!

I absolutely love it! The price is great & the mobile version looks beautiful & the customer service is out of this world incredible! Thank you guys again for everything!

Pros

I am new setting up a paid membership community & I have asked tons & tons of questions & I always get a quick, friendly & helpful response! I am blown away & it's probably the best customer service experience I've ever had! Thank you Podia! The product is also fairly simple to setup & it looks great on mobile devices!

Cons

Theres some not so pretty looking aspects on desktop but it's not that big of a deal. The videos I uploaded are extremely zoomed in for some reason... but I was able to fix that by putting my videos on youtube unlisted first then pasting the links in the content section of the posts I create & it looks awesome!

Reasons for choosing Podia

Kajabi their mobile site looks like crap and I was having problems with them it wasn't letting me login and there was other things going on there was like three or four problems and I emailed Customer Service and they got back to me right away but they never answered my questions and they were more expensive Mighty networks I love the look and feel but they charge a transaction fee per member that joins so I went with you Podia & I'm so happy I did!

Reasons for switching to Podia

I actually got a trial of Kajabi but immediately it wouldn't let me log into the app and I was having problems with it and the mobile version looks like crap... they have an app that looks OK but when you go on the regular website on your phone it looked distorted

Marie

Podia Lacks Basic Features for Seasoned Creators, Great for Basic-only needs

For the most part, I like Podia. Their customer service is incredibly fast and your basic needs are covered. That said, their features are quite limiting. They seem like a solid deal up front, but once you really get in there, it's been my experience (twice now) that features fall short and you'll be recommended to use a third party that will cost you more money.

Pros

The fact that Podia hosts your videos and content for you is a huge win and savings. When I used Wishlist Member, I was stuck with Vimeo Pro and it's a lot of back and forth between softwares. Podia is all-in-one in that regard.

Cons

Say you offer a Coaching Call / Mentorship package for a 30 minute call, 1 hour, or a 3 month bundle of calls. Instead of creating one product, one sales page with 3 simple pay options... you have to create 3 full separate products and then create a separate, custom page as your sales page using columns. You can't have a simple dropdown menu to select the simple option. Want to create a membership with a startup fee? i.e. $75 join fee, then $29/mo. You can't. Want to add a countdown timer to your sales page? Great! Go spend another $49/month with Deadline funnel (that's legit their solution or make a video gif of a timer). No custom embed codes can be added to your sales pages. Have multiple email lists like I do? You can only integrate with one, so be sure to get Zapier at another $20/mo so your people can get on the right list. Want to put something on sale and have see the higher price crossed out so your customer sees the price difference? You can't cross out pricing and you can't put things on sale - you must create a coupon code.

Reasons for choosing Podia

I loved that Podia hosts your content right inside the platform.

Reasons for switching to Podia

I switched from SamCart and InstaPage, because Podia seemed to do both jobs at a much lower price. They do, but with lacking features. InstaPage was too shady to return to and Samcart is overpriced.

Rebecca

Podia Saved My Bacon

I wanted a place to seamlessly offer my courses and upsells to those courses. Podia lets me do that. Pure and Simple.. That is all I ask for from it, and it delivers.

Pros

PODIA hands down is SIMPLE to use. No muss, no fuss, SIMPLE. I have created WordPress websites for YEARS for myself and customers. Once you get to a certain point, being overwhelmed with tons of WP updates, crashes, plugin failures, and band width issues, it just makes you want to throw in the towel. I have used OTHER solutions to try get OFF the WP UPDATE HELL Induced Headache Train, you know, you log in to do something that you expect to take 10 mins and 3 hours later, you are still messing with something broken on WordPress. In my search for solutions I researched most of the well known LMS's out there. Some how I found Podia, I think on YouTube. I compared it to Thinkific in a side by side trial.. and Podia WON.. it didn't help that Thinkific changed their pricing structure to THEIR benefit in the middle of my test, so PODIA won by being totally INTO giving me MY money for MY Students. No Fees.. YAY.. Yes, I have tried other LMS's too. but you don't have all day to read about that.

Cons

I have been on line since 1999, so I have played with a lot of software in my day, from hand coding HTML websites , Dreamweaver and Front Page to the Drag and Drop ease of use we have today. While Podia is hands down far far easier then WP to use to set up a membership and sales page, it isn't perfect, but the PODIA staff are RESPONSIVE to suggestions.. and they implement them too. With WP.. good luck..unless you are a coder and want to make your own plugins, it can take years for WP to implement change. Sure Podia is not as "Flexible" as WordPress, but I also know that if I need to do something that takes 10 mins on Podia, it really will ONLY take me that long, and there are no surprise updates waiting for me, and dozens of Plugins that then also need to be updated along with it. Time is MONEY in my book and WP was COSTING me Money.. more than it was MAKING me money.

Reasons for switching to Podia

Word Press cost me too much time, for updating, and linking together simple courses along with security issues. I have used WP since 2005, and am more than an Intermediate User of the platform, having built a few hundred websites in my day, so I did not drop WP on whim..This took a YEAR of research before I moved all in with Podia.

Yann

Industry: Online Media

A solid platform for packaging and selling your knowledge into courses, memberships & more

I have had a good overall experience with Podia as I have used it primarily to sell video courses and access to the content of paid, pre-recorded, virtual summits.

Pros

There are a few features I really like about Podia. Firstly, there's the overall platform design (dashboard, course pages, etc.) and user interface. At first, it may take you a moment to familiarize yourself with the different things Podia does but each section is quite straightforward, making the onboarding process a smooth one. Additionally, I like the fact that Podia gives its users unlimited hosting of video content through one of the premium video platforms: Wistia. This means that you can upload all kinds of videos, as well as PDF and other types of learning materials, without having to worry about potentially "running out of storage". Some course platforms limit themselves to enabling users to create and sell courses, while Podia can be leveraged to offer other things such as memberships, challenges, and digital workshops, just to mention a few.

Cons

While I like the overall Podia concept and design, I feel that the landing and sales page customization power is quite limited. That's something I wouldn't mind seeing it change in the future.

Rachel

Powerful platform for delivering digital products & online courses.

I signed up to Coach about 5 months ago now and have NEVER looked back. I've used other solutions and online platforms before to host my courses and digital products and downloads, but I've never been fully happy with how they integrate or the interface. Coach was a breath of fresh air from my very first convo with the Founder of Coach, when he went above and beyond to tell me all about the product and see if it fitted my needs. And even though I knew it didn't have every feature I had at the time, I was confident they'd deliver on what I needed - so I signed up there and then. Since then Coach has consistently released new features - many that we customers have asked for and are highly anticipated (for example - they've just released their ConvertKit integration. Yay!!) and many others that have been a total surprise, but just as brilliant. What makes Coach for me, though, is the customer service - I really feel like the Coach team care about each of us as an individual and really want to help us succeed, by making the best product they can and giving the best support I've ever come across in an online platform. I don't feel like a number or a statistic - but a real person that the team at Coach are constantly happy to help out. On top of that, Coach is mighty beautiful to both look at (great for your audience!) and use (great for us!) - as a designer, it's important to me that I use tools that are easy to use and help me get the job done quicker. Coach helps me do that, and more. My conversion rates for my freebie opt-in on my site have gone from less than 1% to over 6.5% at last count and I've no doubt Coach has played a huge part in that. :) Tl;Dr; - Platform is so easy to use & launch with - New features are being brought out all the time - The customer support is incredible - Design is fantastic & converts well with my audience I recommend Coach now to everyone I know that wants to create digi products & online courses - and I'd never go anywhere else. :)

Pros

- Beautiful design - Wonderful support - Incredibly easy to use - Great for my conversion rates

Cons

I've sat here for 5 minutes and can't actually think of a con, imo. :)

Response from Coach

Thanks so much for your kind review, Rachel. Of everything you said, what makes me happiest is that your conversion rate improved by over 5% when switching to our platform. Your success is the most important to us. :)

Replied April 2017