What are Procare Solutions users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Procare Solutions software through verified user reviews

1,439 Reviews

1,008

• icon"I love that this program helps me to do my paperwork side much faster and the auditors love it when they come to check records."
  • icon"The tech support is the best, they're (almost) always there to help with any situation. Everyone is so kind and supportive."
  • icon"I like how easy it is to learn and use. The layout is user friendly and easy to navigate through."
  • icon"Sometimes we have troubles after software updates and that causes some inconvenience."
  • icon"They seem to have server problems all the time. They blame firewalls when we know it is not."
  • icon"It has been having a few glitches lately. It's very frustrating when you can't access your information because server is down."

Browse all Procare Solutions Reviews

• Have you used Procare Solutions and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,439 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,439 reviews

Marlene

Great Software for Child Care Centers

We love this program. It provides us with one place to quickly find out so much information. Log-in and see total enrollment, enrollment by classes or ages. Tracks child information without searching through files or looking in multiple places. Tracks employee attendance and any other info you might want to add like: Date of Hire, schedules, vacation time accrued or used, etc. Many things a pre-programed, but you can personalize it yourself or request assistance from a fantastic customer service person. This makes my job so much easier, especially with continual changes to State Day Care Licensing regulations. You do have to enter each child's information when they enroll, but once and it's done. Can update any information with only a few clicks and everyone that you assign a role can see everything.

Pros

Simplicity of use. Saves paperwork. Can be used to create reports. Easily see everyone who is still in the building (children and staff members). Records many different types of information (attendance, immunizations, medicals, state required paperwork, Food Program info for the USDA CACFP, tuition fees, and other misc info.) You can program it to add user specific information such as allergies, restricted pick-up, authorized individuals for pick-up, etc. We even have a door unit that stores fingerprints of authorized individuals for pick-up and then allows the door to unlock for entry.

Cons

W e have had to replace the door unit after someone cracked the screen and someone just chipped the fingerprint reader which may need replaced (it is still working). This is the result of individual user misuse though and not an actual flaw of the program or hardware. There is an annual update fee, but it is well worth the cost for the time and paperwork it saves.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

This product best met our needs, allowed us to personalize it, was not as costly, (didn't have a monthly fee, and was not limited to the number of clients or users. We tried a few others but this was our favorite overall.

Linda

Make your job easier

I cannot imagine doing my job without Procare!

Pros

I love that it is cloud based. I can sign on anywhere to help my customers and staff. I like that all of my files are paperless. It is good for tracking when a something is coming due or is past due. It offers good reports. I like that everything is in one app. I also use the Kid Reports app for and I love that all of the data is transferred automatically.

Cons

I have been using this software since 2010 and there is always improvements that help make our job better.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Our management team researched several Procare competitors. Our team attended webinars for other products, but there was not any software that was able to provide us with everything that is offered with Procare. Other companies seemed good, but they were always lacking one or more of the platforms that are included with Procare. Our center uses the Family/Accounting, Employee Data, Vendors/Expenses, Time/Attendance Tracker, and Food Modules. The family communication Kid Report app is also used by our center. There is just not another software available that can provide the all in one service that Procare offers. I highly recommend it!

Kaley

LOVE Procare Solutions Software!

I have been using Procare Solutions for over 10 years, 5 years at my current facility. I love that there are adjustments made that continue to improve the software. When I first started using the software 10 years ago it was just the basics to be able to clock children in and out and now that I am in a Director role, I am able to use so many features as well as customizing the software such as adding allergies, schools for pickup and drop off, classrooms, tuition prices, etc. Being able to easily print or email a statement to a family is also nice. Tax season can be chaotic but having a feature to be able to send this over to families so easily is nice!

Pros

I would be lost without this software. I love all of the features it offers and being able to run so many different reports, see future enrollment numbers, run tuition, see who is enrolled, quickly see which birthdays are coming up, being able to track employee times and get time cards, and so much more. Love the ease of the check-in process for parents and staff.

Cons

Allergy lists can be improved by giving an option to print each classroom on a separate page but whole school at once. Currently have to run an individual report for each classroom to do this. Would love to have a mobile app to be able to access on the go or from a device. I do not like having to log back in so often because of the time out on the screen.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Haley, thanks for taking the time to leave us this great review and for your loyalty to Procare!

Jaime

ProCare Makes Life So Much Easier!

I have used ProCare for 15+ years and have been so impressed with the product. I have referred this software to other centers over any other software.

Pros

I love how user friendly this product is! I have used other child care management software that were difficult to utilize and lacked many features that ProCare provides. I am particularly impressed with the way in which ProCare has kept up with current technology and made upgrades such as the phone app.

Cons

Can't say there are any cons to this product except maybe the price. You do pay a little more for this software compared to others, however, the old saying you get what you pay for rings true with this product! it is top notch!

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

ProCare has always been #1 preference in child care management software. There is none other that compares!

Response from Procare Software

Thanks Jaime! We appreciate the amazing review and your loyalty to Procare all these years!

Replied September 2021

Andrea

Procare User/ Administrator

I love it . I can send parents messages immediately when needing to reach them, and they can easily communicate back quickly . We can upload pictures and videos to what the kids are doing in a day. Meals and diaper changes are easily uploaded .

Pros

The software has been very easy to use as a teacher and a parent . I can easily communicate with parents regarding their child’s day, mood, and activities .

Cons

It does not give notifications for diaper changes or upcoming needs that need to be met .

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Because of the convenience , and how easy it is to use

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

Easier system To use for parents and teachers

Response from Procare Software

Thanks Andrea! We're so glad you love Procare!

Replied May 2021

Sherrie

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Unfortunate investment of time and money

Overall I think the core and idea of procare is beneficial but ONLY if it works. Can't use a product if it is continually locking up.

Pros

This has a great foundation of ideas. Student check in/out, Employee check in/out, billings, time tracking, payroll, general ledger. Truly an all in one for a small preschool. Too good to be true for sure!

Cons

The cloud base software clearly has issues they can not fix. Our check in computers are constantly locking up since the last update in November 2019. After using the same computers and hardware for 5.5 months they ran an update and now problems. We manually key in employees and students often which is time consuming because the computers are locked up at the time parents are picking up or dropping off. Tech support is NONRESPONSIVE to emails and hold times are on average of 35-45 minutes when calling tech support. They said today it is because they are "swamped". That speaks volumes, that means their product ISN'T working. They have been "working on patches to fix this" but in the mean time they have used the excuse it was because I wasn't hard wired to the internet. After the expense of hiring someone to run the wire and hardwire all of the computers they still are locking up. Now Procare support wants me to replace the router because it maybe causing problems. Cutting my losses at this point. A lot of time invested in a software that locks up frequently through out the day. Training is horrible and much of my experience has been self guided. They do have an extensive online resource which is very helpful but yet time consuming as you navigate which article you really need. When training is scheduled it has been late and limited to one function of the software. When asking about other functions you are directed to schedule training for that specifically.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Because they gave me a discount on my first month so I could use it as a learning month before going live.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

We needed in integrated system for all aspects of the business.

Response from Procare Software

Sherrie - We're very sorry to hear about on-going issues with the check-in system at your preschool. This appears to be a unique situation and we will work with you individually to resolve it. It's true that January is typically the busiest month for technical support; it can be easier to reach us later in the day (after 2:00 p.m. Pacific) or to email a request to tech@procaresoftware.com. As to training, we are happy to get you whatever help you may need. We will reach out soon to see how we can help.

Replied January 2020

Karen

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Time Saving Billing & Payment

The choices of reports give us a lot of flexibility and meet all our needs in attendance record keeping and accounting. Customer service has always been excellent when we have needed assistance. When we added the Tuition Express option the online training was clear and a representative was super helpful in walking me through implementation, giving additional tips and support. I am planning to add the Parent Engagement system soon after seeing how well Tuition Express has worked for our families and the business.

Pros

Procare has long been helpful to us in organizing attendance lists for separate classrooms and keeping each family's financial account. We have just recently started using Tuition Express to streamline paying options and it has been a huge hit with parents and a time-saving way to collect payments on time for me. Wish we had done it sooner.

Cons

The shot record system is more detailed than is helpful to us. A simple way to show the expiration date of the child's annual medical is all we really need. Something like this to track when other forms need updated would also be helpful for children and staff.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

It is user friendly. It has been easy to use and train others to use. The customer service is excellent and the price reasonable for a small business like ours.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Karen, Thanks for the amazing review have a great day!

Brittany

Excellent Parent Connection

Pros

We love the availability to talk to parent at anytime of the day. If its about their child, items needed, billing and payments or just thanking them for choosing us as the provider. Helps keep the Director off the phone and hands on in the classrooms.

Cons

Parents not able to pay on the app, but I know the company is working on making this available.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Love the accessibility of our Desktop Procare connecting all information for each child as well as our staff.

Response from Procare Software

Thanks for the amazing review Brittany - have a great day!

Chandra

Good Program

It's a bit expensive for a part time program like what I run, but overall I am very satisfied and hope it continues to be worth the money as they are always making updates to their program.

Pros

It's easy to use and navigate. The updates usually add another useful part to the program. I love the layout and the easy on the eyes colors. Just about everything can be customized or added to to fit our needs. The reports section has just about everything I need to run. And the check in and out process with signatures meet my license specialists needs.

Cons

The messaging system is really my biggest complaint. It is not easy to navigate or stay on top of easily. I like that everyone in the info circle gets the messages, but it’s difficult to answer a lot of parents when you have to leave incoming to check sent for each message, and check dates to make sure you are not seeing an older response. If the messages were more like a feed or email run so that you could see sent and responses together for each child. Second issue I have ran into several times, is not being able to do newsletters through the desk top version on my tablet. I work a lot on the go, and don’t have access to a laptop. So, this is something I am only able to do from a desk top or laptop system. The only other thing that ends up quite time consuming is running log in and out reports for each child. At this time for licensing needs I have to run each child’s log separately. I wish we could run more at a time. That would be a huge time saver. Also, if a mistake is made to a not and sent to multiple accounts, if there is a mistake you have to go in and fix each note under each child rather than a master fix.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Aesthetically pleasing, ease of use, and their online registration was a huge one along with the option to have a signature for check in and out.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

This is a better program and offered an easier softwear to navigate.

Mo

Left Kinderlime but came back after 2 months!

It's got all the bells and whistles yet maintains a clean and uncomplicated design. We actually tried going with a competitor after issues with Stripe and dealing with Kinderlime's messaging system and came back after using the other one for 2 months. Kinderlime truly is so user friendly and if I ever have a question, I get a response within the hour. It's good to be home!

Pros

This software is so user friendly! The layout and design is easy to navigate through. The billing feature has been the greatest asset using this software.

Cons

Our biggest issues with Kinderlime have been over the messaging system. I don't like that it doesn't show the string of messages between the parents and staff. You can't see at a glance if a staff member replied to a parent's message and sometimes messages get missed and no one replies thinking someone else did. It makes us look unprofessional when we aren't sure if a message has been answered. Our other issue was with Stripe and almost $20,000 not being deposited into our account for 3 months until our accountant caught it. No one from Stripe or Kinderlime informed us that they were needing additional info for security, even though we had already been using the system for over a year. It was nearly impossible to speak to someone from Stripe with NO customer service. Another level of communication between the two would be helpful. Kinderlime was so helpful in getting the issue resolved.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

Their software was so difficult to navigate through. The billing was so confusing and the layout made no sense to the user. It would always default to listing every student who has ever been in our preschool and I would have to filter to our current students every time I clicked out and clicked back to that page. The customer service was very poor.

AMBAR

Everything I need, anywhere I need it.

Kinderlime has been with me since day one, from the moment I was licensed. Everything was in one place no need to have rosters and billing spreadsheets and have to enter formulas and hassle with paper sign-in sheets. It is always one of the first things I introduce parents to when they tour our home. I can't say enough great things about it. After the parents start using it they tell the family and friends about it and how they can see what the kiddo is doing, eating, learning, they truly love it. I get to share the milestones and happy faces from the daily activities in a way that it makes the time they spend on the phone all about their little one. Invoice Billing is one of the top things I love keeps me super organized.

Pros

I can access Kinderlime from my desktop, cellphone tablet. and so can my parents. It is super easy to use. It is designed to be paperless and it allows me to run my Home Daycare with ease, even when I am not in the office.

Cons

There is not much more I can ask of the features and functions of Kinderlime. I do participate in the Child Nutrition Program and I have to go to different software to enter my meals and attendance, it would be nice to integrate Kinderlime with the programs like KidKare.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

As I was just starting off with my new home daycare, Kinderlime price and features were the essential basics that I needed. Going on 1 year using Kinderlime they have added so many more functions. Customer support is always quick to help and the new webinars are a great way to be interactive with learning how to better use the software.

Kimberly

Intuitive software with many valuable features

Procare was quick and easy to install, and training on how to use the program was thorough and very helpful. I use the Procare software daily to streamline tasks and make my program run more efficiently.

Pros

The Procare software makes my job as a preschool director easier and more time efficient. I can do most everything with just 1 program. Online registration is one of my favorite features.

Cons

I wish scheduling was configured differently for when parents register online. I'd like to be able to set a cap on the number of students who can register for a class on a given day and have the software disable additional registrations when a day reaches the cap. The software currently doesn't have that feature.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

ChildCare Office Pro did not have connectivity to the internet.

Angel

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE-NO WORRIES

Over all Pro-Care service our needs and the customer service is outstanding. I worked with a customer representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he was amazing and very detailed. He allowed me to ask questions and he didn't make me feel like my questions were small.

Pros

The Batch payments was one of the most helpful.

Cons

The pricing during the COVID-19 DIDN'T CHANGE.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

When I first opened I invested in Pro-Care. I decided to come back because it fits our needs and I can actually process my own payroll without a third party.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

The parents weren't pleased with the way the billing was set up. We weren't happy that we couldn't select our own dates to bill.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Angel, thank you for the review. We appreciate you as a Procare customer! Let us know if there's anything we can assist you with!

Replied December 2020

Shanna

Procare Desktop for Procare App review

We have enjoyed it! I no longer have to walk around the school to see who is left at the end of the day! The dashboard tells me which children and staff are still logged in.

Pros

We love the dashboard ("at a glance") as well as the filter options. Parent messaging is great now that it has been privatized.

Cons

The toggle feature of "staff only" when a staff member does an incident report. That should be automatic, not something they should have to remember to touch after each report. The admin should ALWAYS know when an accident or incident happens. My staff does ok to remember, but a lot of times they don't and then we have to dig for the report to print it.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Because we already have the procare software and the integration and transition were nearly seamless.

Felicia

So Helpful!

Overall experience is wonderful. I am very pleased with Procare Desktop

Pros

I love the convenience this software offers. It is very user friendly and helps me save so much time throughout the work week.

Cons

Sometimes we have troubles after software updates and that causes some inconvenience. I do not like having to relog back in each time I leave my computer for a bit because I am the only one in my office, but I understand the reasons behind it for security purposes.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

I chose Procare over other alternative products because of the different tabs it had such as payroll, financials, family enrollment, etc. all in one purchase.

Debbie

Procare Cloud

I love Procare. The slow customer service can be a pain, but it is still great. The value is immeasurable for me. Our whole childcare center runs thru Procare, it is much more than a simple data base to take the place of QuickBooks. If Procare did not exist tomorrow, I would be in a world of hurt! I spend several hours a day on it, between bookkeeping, meals, lesson plans, attendance, and more. I am not sure how a daycare operates with out it.

Pros

The cloud keeps everything updated on all our seats. That is good to know, when you log in, that the attendance and accounts are up to date. We love having pictures of kids, parents, and people allowed to pick up children, it is a great feature. The modules we have work fantastic. I have been a procare user since it was a new company, and I still think it is the best program out there for child care centers.

Cons

GROWING PAINS! I believe Procare has grown so much, that they have lost a little personal service. It can take days to get in touch with someone, and several voicemails to get a call returned. It used to not be so. I do hope they can adjust and get the great customer service back.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

I looked online at a few competitors for the sake of my finance committee. I didn't see anything that offered what Procare does.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Debbie We really appreciate your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying Procare at your child care center! We are sorry that the customer service you have experienced has been less than stellar. Someone from our team will be getting in contact with you to speak with you about what we can do to improve your experience in the future. Again, thank you for your review. We appreciate you as a customer!

Replied October 2020

Kelly

We love Procare!

Overall I have a great experience! We have a large center with kids infant up to 13 years. We also are unique in that we use it for our swimming programs too. These range from 2 years old up to adults and the customer support to help us set this up was fantastic!

Pros

Procare does a lot for our center! We also love how there are additional features you can add on. It is great for tracking families, payments, and even adding activities. Overall we have had good experiences with the customer support. We also love the cloud so we can access this anywhere! The customer support is usually great as well. The people are willing to help and teach you learn more about Procare's capabilities!

Cons

Procare does a lot but some of the features are a bit updated. The texting feature isn't great. It still uses phone emails to send these and we always have problems with it working correctly. The emails are also not great. It can't be customized, images can not be added unless it is an attachment and it can only come from one email administrator unless your company uses Outlook. I also feel like the customer support overall is great but sometimes, I get someone who doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. After a long wait, this can be very frustrating.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

Procare does so much and can be purchased in pieces for exactly what you need.

Faith

Carpool function and Alphabetizing problem

Pros

In the two years of use of Kinderlime there have been alot of adjustments and learning of how to best use this product to meet our needs. The customer service is always very responsive even though we are in a totally different timezone. They have also sought to resolve issues as they come up as relate to our specific organization and help direct how to use things that we have trouble with.

Cons

I am reviewing two features as they are what I am currently working through in using the software. 1. We have been trying to implement the carpool feature to avoid individuals having multiple pins for different children they are picking up. The carpool feature is too difficult to monitor. When the caregiver is a parent, the next time that name is used as a carpool it must be added as a carpool to each sibling even if they are linked. Also, to use the carpool feature the individual must first be a parent or caregiver in the system on another child. If that status changes in any way (original parent or caregiver is deleted) the individual is also deleted from being a carpool entry in multiple other locations. There is no warning pop up indicating the individual being removed will also be removed from other locations. 2. The alphabetical sorting not traditional alpha order and does not match up to other lists causing confusion when making comparisons between other school softwares or reports that use normal alpha ordering. From what I have observed Kinderlime alpha order does not consider any commas or spaces thus greatly affecting sort order (for instance a traditional sort would consider the punctuation and spacing to show Su, John; Su, Joseph; Su, Lisa; Suki, Mary while kinderlime makes the order to be Su, John; Su, Joseph, Suki, Mary; Su, Lisa ignoring the commas and spaces looking only at the actual letters. In a longer list this is very frustrating & confusing.

Courtney

Using Kinderlime with Our After-school Program for New Americans

Using Kinderlime in our after-school program has been beneficial in the following ways: - It's allowed us to ensure that our staff to participant ratios are always met - It's allowed us to better know each and every one of our kids. We see over 120 children each week. The program allows us to more easily remember faces and names, siblings and parents! - It's given us peace of mind knowing that student emergency information is right on hand if needed. - It's given us one single platform to manage participant attendance and volunteer attendance. - It's allowed us to use one platform to manage our particpantion in the CACFP program and complete our meal tracking in one, easy place. - It's given us the ability to quickly pull student and program data for grant writing purposes and for logistics. For example, in seconds we ewre abel to get a list of student names and addresses for our new van driver, making pick up a breeze.

Pros

What we like most about the program is that it allows us to connect more meaningfully with the parents of the New Americans children we serve in our programs, through the messaging features and newsletter features. It's provided our parents, who are often not invited to participate in their children's care or schooling, with an accessible way to stay engaged with their children and with our program.

Cons

So many of our parents and children are English Language Learners, and are new technology users. It would benefit our program greatly if there were more opportunity to directly engage with parents and participants through the app. Specifically, allowing us to direct and mass message and text them consistently! This is because our parents are more apt to use a texting feature over an emailing or app feature. We've found this to be the truth with our grandparents as well. Our program provdes full transportation to participants, we pick up and drop off kids at home. Having the ability to text parents a notification when their child is on the bus, or about to be picked up, would be fantastic for our logistics, parent engagement and participant safety.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

We needed something that was more user-friendly and had all of the features we needed, with a focus on parent engagement and meal tracking.

Laurie

We needed HELP!

Our before- and after-school care service has realized a marked improvement in percentage of payments received due to the invoicing and statement features of Kinderlime. We are much better able to communicate about delinquent accounts and show parents and caregivers their records so that confusion or misunderstanding are eliminated and positive and cooperative customer relations are preserved.

Pros

Kinderlime allowed me and my staff to stay in real-time connection with our attendance, communications with parents and caregivers, and billing all in one platform! I am now able to keep records and communications at hand so that I provide efficient customer service to all stakeholders, including staff. I so appreciate that Kinderlime continuously improves the platform based on input from end users (like me) and always (ALWAYS) responds to requests for help or clarification before the day ends. (I am on the east coast so a time difference is expected.) Kinderlime tech support's prompt replies and interactions through the chat function have always been helpful and thoroughly clarifying. I recommend this service without hesitation or hidden concerns. You will be very satisfied!

Cons

The only challenge I have is that the theme and font colors are sometimes difficult to see. I have to angle my screen "just so" to see things well. The colors are very pleasant, though, so I wouldn't want them to change much.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

I never found anything that addressed our particular needs as well as Kinderlime. It was a perfect fit at first but, over time, Kinderlime has continually added functionality that addresses my program's needs.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

Those software applications were not developed for our particular needs and were being used as a basic means for record-keeping and communications. It was horrible: excessively time-consuming and not suited to purpose.

Debbie

Procare for Parents

Procare saves us many hours every week. We do not figure accounts or depend on spreadsheets, or even correct data entry. We do have about 5 parents that like to pay cash, but the other 50 or so families all pay with debit card or auto debit, which automatically posts to their account and updates. It helps us to look professional and current. It is also a great safety feature. Procare has a place for pictures of each child, parent, and anyone the parent authorizes to pick up their children. So we can quickly access who can pick up a child and what they look like. Everyone at my center loves Procare and it improves the quality of my business.

Pros

Our Parents are always impressed that we are set up on a computer system for checking their children in and out. They really enjoy the fingerprint option for the most part. Some of the grandparents and a few parents do not have fingerprints that can be distinguished well enough to use, but they do have the option of using a code. Being able to look at their account, pay their account, and get their receipt emailed to them is just genius. It works perfectly, and requires no time on our part at all. The only thing we do is update the accounts on Monday morning. It truly is a great program for child care centers.

Cons

I would have to say, for the parents that do have to use a code instead of a fingerprint, have to use 2 separate numbers; a code, and a pass code. They get used to it, but at first grumble a bit about it.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

I used Procare at a previous center, so when I became Director of this center almost 3 years ago, one of the first things I did was get approval from the Board to purchase the program.

Chalayne

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Procare is the best over other softwares I've tried

Collections and Tuition Express has been a blessing, almost EVERY parent Has been impressed with the idea that we can take a debit or credit card they can also login in the evenings after they've taken care of their families and pay their bill or check on tomorrow's schedule it's made our life easier. I like to work smater vs harder and thus totally fits in to with us.

Pros

I love just about everything in this software it is so efficient. Covers all my bases for the business side of things and customer service side of things. I've dealt with other softwares in my career at least 4 and this is the best. I can't see me ever changing software again. I use it for everything and there still Room to grow. I still need to learn things that I'm not using to the fullest, so I got more than my money's worth. I highly recommend that you give it a whirl. I don't think oe see anyone being disappointed. The support team there for us is truly AMAZING. THANK YOU Procare!!

Cons

Learning or trying any new software is difficult and a nightmare in itself. Y This was not a nightmare and I have more to learn and it's already doing so much for me. If that's what I like the least I'm doing really good.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

I have used crystal management before when I was doing optometry and a couple other software programs that were very difficult to navigate not user friendly. E Worked with them for over 10 years and became wary and more frustrated with what they couldn't do; pro care really is ALL that.

Connie

Procare Review

I really like that parents are able to log into myprocare.com and view their account balance, payment history, and make a payment without my assistance. It saves me time and energy and gets us the tuition payments quickly. Overall, I have had a very positive experience. Tech support is stellar!!

Pros

It is easy to use. When I have a question or an issue, customer support is very responsive and helpful both via the phone or online chat. I really like the online wait list module that allows prospective families to contact us. It allows the prospective family to enter their information and it is automatically integrated into the client database with a few easy steps, no re-entry necessary. I also really like the myprocare parent portal which allows parents to log into their account ledger, view and print statements, make payments and more. The payments made their are automatically posted to their ledger card and deposited into our account. It is slick and easy and saves me time! I also really like that I am the one that processes the ACH payments each month. This makes my relationship with my parents much easier versus our old system where a 3rd party processed them making error resolution sometimes a nightmare. This system gives me the flexibility to change the amount to reflect more accurately the amount owed as well as stopping payments easily when a family unenrolls from the program..

Cons

Creating certain reports, like a waiting list by age, can be tricky and took me some time to get set up. In a previous iteration of this software, pre V10, there was a labeled report already created that you just set date parameters of "waiting list" enrollment and voila, a waiting list was created for you. I also wish you could add a stand alone field to the client profile that designates a funding source for each client. It would help for enrollment and budgeting purposes. The only other draw back is the cost of the financial transactions, but those are inline with the rest of the retail industry. Just hard on the non-profit budget to spend money on convenience for the parents.

Lorraine

Top Notch

We had constant issues with our families understanding their billing and the emails they were receiving. With ProCare everything is clear, concise and I am in control of what emails are going out which has helped tremendously. Summer is our busiest time as we run a summer camp and this year has been so much easier than last year. I refer to ProCare as the "Cadillac" of child care software and it has run smoothly from the first drive off of the showroom floor.

Pros

Ease of billing for the child care services for our 120+ students.

Cons

That's tough because I really like the system. One piece I won't use is Tuition Express as I find it far too expensive (I have worked around it to keep our accounts receivable in a pre-paid status and all payments done by ACH which keeps our expenses down.)

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

It wasn't hard to find excellent reviews from people who were using ProCare. Another company I do the accounting for uses Brightwheel and we are moving that to ProCare as well.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

Parents, staff, administration and accounting functions were all very frustrating and we wanted a system that would serve our needs.

Kimberly

Great software but needs some tweaking

As described above, it has many perks and we do appreciate the flexibility it has given our school. I would absolutely recommend it to other people. However, we switched from an older version of Child Care Manager and lost some basic functionality for an "upgraded" software. Those issue need to be addressed to make sure this software stays as competitive as it needs to.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers the components we need. Helped us be able to use credit cards for our families and offer online registration. Great for tracking staff hours, shot records, etc. I like that this service is cloud-based and be accessed off-site. Makes my job easier.

Cons

It's missing some common sense elements - such as allowing families to enroll and complete all data for younger siblings. We have to do it on paper and enter the information manually. It is also missing some niceties such as preprogrammed signatures on emails - when you send them many times a day, it gets frustrating having to type a 3-4 line title each time. These are just two examples, but there are many small, yet inconvenient issues like these. Seems like these types of things were overlooked and could be easily corrected. We have called customer service with numerous questions and for the items that were not offered, we explained the need for them. NO CHANGES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED TO DATE. It's frustrating that customer feedback isn't a bigger priority.

Reasons for choosing Procare Solutions

I had used an older version of Procare (2003-2010) and loved it! I remember it being almost intuitive when using it! While I am happy we switched, what I found was that Procare was actually more like Child Care Manager than the older version of Procare. I was initially disappointed in the new software but I've since gotten used to it. However, as mentioned before, the niceties are missing and need to be added. Basic functionality and user-friendliness shouldn't be undervalued, especially when there are so many software companies to choose from.

Reasons for switching to Procare Solutions

Our software was out of date and didn't offer online registration for our families.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,439 reviews