All TalentLMS Reviews

Positive review.

Colin

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

TalentLMS is a great learning management system

It is a fantastic low cost solution to getting online learning experiences to customers.

PROS

It is very easy to use and configure I was able to configure most of the system in only a few hours. The FAQ support is fantastic.

CONS

If I had to pick anything it would be the limited customization on the course catalogue page. It shows everything a potential customer would need but you have no control over how it displays the course lists, especially the bundles.

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

The other systems where very expensive and didn't offer any features critical to our needs.

Thanks for your review and valued feedback, Colin!

Replied December 2020

Alejandro

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Great platform to get your teams trained!

So far it's been great. We're already getting feedback from our users (sales people mostly from our customers) and regardless of the quality of the content, their experience compared to our previous platform is already better

PROS

How easy and simple creating courses and enrolling people really is. I honestly believe that any platform that benefits the user experience is good enough to give it a try but I was blown away by how simple getting things out there was.

CONS

Customization is a bit hard for beginners like me. This is the first time I'm the admin of a LMS, and they do have a great help / knowledge base system and sometimes I need to do some digging to get to the right answer. Luckily there's a very active community that usually points me in the right direction when I miss some of that help.

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

It's ease of setup and use, it's price point and the overall feedback we got from different people we consulted with just made it obvious that was the right platform for our customers and our business size.

Reasons for switching to TalentLMS

We needed a better customer/end user experience for our learners and TalentLMS is delivering.

Thank you for a very insightful review Alejandro. We love hearing that you find TalentLMS easy and simple. If you ever need extra help, don't doubt in reaching out to our top-notch support team!

Replied October 2021

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Lacking Features as Advertised

Very poor customer service, see above over six months or trying to work out issues with customer support, next step is Better Business Bureau.

PROS

The software is said to have many features at a low cost, this is clearly false advertising.

CONS

The software is advertised and marketed as a platform for selling online courses. For many issues users are required to enter CSS or Javascript for simple issues like a social media link. For over six months I have been trying to work with customer support, today I gave up. My next step is to report the company to the Better Business Bureau. As the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] wrote me: Hi Mark, Thank you for contacting me and for sharing your concerns. I can understand your frustration. It is true that our product development team has decided to focus more on Enterprise features, rather than e-Commerce related ones. We offer some integrations with payment gateways and specific eCommerce features allowing our customers to sell their courses through their TalentLMS portal but it is not our main focus. As far as your specific requirements are concerned, our support team offered you advice on how you could use our CSS / Javascript editors to achieve what you are looking for. We have decided to offer these editors (CSS / Javascript) to give our customers more freedom. Using these editors you have more options, but CSS and Javascript knowledge is required. We cannot provide customization services to our customers, according to our policy, but our software support engineers are always available to advise and guide you through. Please let me know if you need any further clarification. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Pioneer in eLearning solutions TalentLMS

Reasons for switching to TalentLMS

Was to be easier to use with additional features. False advertising on the part of Talent LMS

Dear Mark, we're sorry to hear that the follow up provided by our customer support team has not met your requirements. As mentioned in the email you shared, our team is on-hand should you wish to seek any further assistance. We wish you all the best in your future business endeavours.

Replied February 2020

TalentLMS

Overall it is good. Content creation pages is basic and could use more elemental tools to make them more appealing (like Word formatting)

PROS

I is very easy to use and to create basic content, and the working area is large which I like more than other alternatives. For beginners is quite easy to start creating content and courses. Has the ability to integrate more advanced external html and external resources

CONS

Lacks features in the design area. Integration of questions, test and graphic material could be easier. Needs more organizational tools. Needs more tips to integrate advanced html commands

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

I did not have time to test Learnworlds because we were on a time limit to launch a course, and I had already practiced with Talent

Reasons for switching to TalentLMS

Price, interface and ease of use

Thanks for your review and welcome to TalentLMS! Thanks for choosing us as your new LMS. We're glad to hear that you're finding TalentLMS easy to use and we've shared your feedback with our team. If you need any assistance when using TalentLMS, check out our extensive knowledge base or feel free to reach out to our support team. Thanks again for choosing TalentLMS!

Christine

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Simple, Robust, and Informative

Overall, our experience with TalentLMS is extremely positive. We appreciate how easy it is to get started with TalentLMS and how simple it is to develop courses quickly. Even with the simplicity is there, the features are robust enough to provide quality learning experiences. The support provided by the TalentLMS team is top-notch, and they are very responsive and helpful.

PROS

Our favorite TalentLMS features are its ease of use, learner analytics, and the ability to set up branches. As an education service agency, we use TalentLMS to offer microlearning opportunities to busy teachers and school administrators. Our course authors find TalentLMS to be easy to use and simple to learn. We use the reports and infographics to understand how and when our participants access their learning opportunities. We love that we can use branches to group users and establish a specific course catalog per branch.

CONS

Although we find more pros than cons with TalentLMS, we do wish there was a way to "drip" content to users via email. We also wish we could customize the storefront and course information pages (more than already possible) as viewed by learners.

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

We chose TalentLMS because the analytics were more flexible and customizable. The ability to set up and manage branches was also a deciding factor.

Christine, what a great review! It's fantastic to read that, as a learning specialist, you enjoy the vast array of features offered by TalentLMS. We love knowing that the reporting capabilities, along with infographics, allow you to keep an eye on how and when your participants access their learning opportunities! Regarding advanced customization, maybe you could check out this cheat sheet we recently created. It will help you take your portal to the next level, and remember that if you need extra help, our support team is here to back you up. https://www.talentlms.com/cheatsheets/elearning-css-hacks

Replied February 2023

Gilbert

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Excellent LMS that is good value for money

We have been able to move our courses online and provide a very good level of support and care to our students and seeking to expand our course offerings on the platform.

PROS

The ability to allow students to download courses into the app and study offline.

CONS

A bit more flexibility in how students are forced to complete courses.

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

Value for money, ease of use and free options.

Reasons for switching to TalentLMS

Value for money offering by Talent LMS and most importantly the fact that I could evaluate the product for as long as I want and have some courses on for free for as long as I want to effectively test the system without stress or pressure and start paying only when I was ready.

Gilbert, thank you for sharing your experience using TalentLMS. It's fantastic hearing that the platform allows you to provide online courses to your students while maintaining a good level of support for them.

Replied January 2022

Lorraine

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2021

My TalentLMS Experience

From my very first encounter with the TalentLMS team, I was extremely impressed with their professionalism and fantastic customer service! Every question was answered promptly with care and knowledge. Working in TalentLMS is a dream experience in that there are so many online learning resources available. It is so easy and quick to get up and running with it – most intuitive LMS I’ve come across so far. If the answer isn’t online, then a quick email to my customer representative returns a very quick response, and if it is a technical question in nature, it is forwarded to the TalentLMS Technical Support team ASAP for a speedy turnaround time. In my opinion, we couldn’t possibly be happier with any alternative LMS.

PROS

If I had to select three main reasons why I recommend TalentLMS, they would be: 1) exemplary customer service, 2) intuitive and fun application to work in, which integrated seamlessly with our existing business processes 3) abundance of online resources to leverage from.

CONS

If I had to select three areas that are not my favourite, I would select 1) it would be so much more beneficial to my creative side if I learned more HTML (you don’t need it, as it has a great editor, but I like to add a little extra sometimes than the editor offers – so I dive into the source code and keep my finger’s crossed :) – but at least I can do that! 2) sometimes there seems to be a minor delay in the group enrollment processes and I cheat and click a convenient button to hurry it along if I need to 3) we have implemented single sign-on and when I want to test a learner’s view rather then my super admin view, I have to log out of all my SSO systems before I can simulate the learner to see their view, so if I could come up with an easier way to be a test user, that might be nice (maybe more experimenting with cache clearing and browser incognito mode might help).

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

I did investigate this option, however, they had changed hands and I didn't warm up to their approach.

Reasons for switching to TalentLMS

We outgrew Moodle as we required the ability to publish training portals for our customers completely independently from our inhouse training portal, and that wasn't possibly with Moodle. TalentLMS is a nicer, fresher and more intuitive platform for us with the functionality we were looking for.

Lorraine, what an insightful review! Thank you so much for sharing yours thoughts and experience with us. It is very interesting and as we strive to improve TalentLMS, your comments really help us. You can be sure that we have passed them on to our developers team and they will look into it. We also love hearing that after thoroughly searching for the best possible LMS to fit your needs, it was TalentLMS that you chose! Thanks!

Replied January 2022

Reviewed October 2022

TALENT LMS - The best in class

PROS

I like that it's available on mobile devices and can be easily accessible when you're on the move. The interface is user friendly and it encourages learning. Interaction between learners and the tool are easily tracked and recorded.

CONS

I have not yet encountered any features that have been unfavorable

Price. Design. Functionality. User friendly interface

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much. You're right about the mobile app, it's a great feature for learners that prefer to take their training on the go!

Replied November 2022

Reviewed October 2020

Great option for scaling and control!

Exceptional. I love the platform and how easy it is to use.

PROS

That it's easy to scale along with your business growth and that you have so much control over how the courses look and feel to the user.

CONS

It took some getting used to the dashboard functions and features. It can sometimes be difficult to navigate to certain features, like the timeline.

Reasons for switching to TalentLMS

AccessAlly was too restrictive in course building.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the TalentLMS experience!

Reviewed November 2020

Good startup option

Overall, this has given us an easy platform for new employee training as well as Course training and purchasing options for freelancers.

PROS

Very easy to build, user-intuitive, and quick to deploy

CONS

Some options for training modules are limited, such as video embedding options and document embedding options.

Reasons for switching to TalentLMS

Wanted something much more course-like and offered more options.

Thanks for your review!

Jade

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2022

TalentLMS is simple to use and will assist your management team in developing an eLearning strategy.

It was easy to use and useful for creating our training modules, roadmaps, and progress tracking.

PROS

The TalentLMS software is simple to use and will assist you in managing learning and development. Our entire company works from home, making it difficult to send updates and trainings to specific employees and assist them in becoming more engaged and knowledgeable about our products and services. We use TalentLMS to create courses, assign them to employees, and track their scores and progress. Very straightforward and efficient.

CONS

The interface for creating your own courses is basic. It requires significant improvement. There aren't many editing tools. I strongly recommend that you use Canva for your slide, course design and content in order to make everything look pretty, colorful, and engaging.

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

Pricing and it can be integrated with BambooHR which we use for hiring new employees.

Hi Jade, thanks for your insightful and honest review. We're glad you find TalentLMS to be easy to use and manage. Your feedback really means the world to us as we strive to improve TalentLMS. Keep an eye out because some exciting new elements will be coming soon to make your experience on the platform even more enjoyable!

Replied November 2022

Marshall

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Everything you want for a reasonable price

It has been super easy to get my staff on board and set up. I have worked with our success manager and utilized the help desk as well and have had wonderful experiences each time. You couldn't ask for better service.

PROS

Right off the bat, I liked the look and feel of the UI. It was easy to use and customize. Once we purchased the product, the customer service was outstanding!! They are so responsive and easy to work with. Not to mention all the onboarding support you get. You can't beat the price either. As a non-profit, I searched over 20 different systems and could not find one with this many features, support and customization for the price.

CONS

It's honestly hard to find a con, but I do wish we could change the categories for the badges.

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

Because they has the best price to features and support ratio for the number of learners we had.

Marshall, thanks for your review of Our Customer service team appreciates your positive feedback! They are indeed a great team, and you can be sure that they will always be here to back you up when needed. Speaking of which, regarding your desire to change badges, here is an article to guide you through the customization. We hope it will help :)

Replied December 2021

jim

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Has been great experience

I'm developing courses to be licensed to facilities for them to deliver to their own clients. The dedicated support has been invaluable for helping someone with no previous experience take on this rather large effort. They always have good solutions for when I run into hurdles as I've been beta-testing this with prospective customers.

PROS

I entered this world with no experience in online training, and started at ground zero in just researching different options then learning how to create courses. I have no idea how it compares to other options, but the bottom line is I've been able to create a platform that impresses people. The word that comes to mind frequently is that it's "robust." The under the hood capabilities seem to be really good as far as administrative stuff that I heaven't even scratched the surface of yet. As far as a few particular things I like: The test options include attractive features like drag and match, fill in the blank, and ordering. The user's interface is fun and attractive for tests. The other thing I really like about it is the support. For the plan I have, I have a dedicated support person who works with me as closely as I need in helping developing courses, etc. And on weekends/off hours I email support and they always respond within a few hours and are really good about helping me solve any issues.

CONS

Every once in a while I bump up against a feature it doesn't have, or the text editor can be a little funky to get used to. The other thing is being based in Europe, the hours of availability with my dedicated support person is a bit limited—7am meetings. But there hasn't been any question that the pros outweigh the cons.

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

Sorry, can't really remember. I was learning the difference between programs for creating the courses but would still need the LMS. I think I decided that while I might be able to make slicker presentations with something else, the combination of being able to create the courses in its own dedicated LMS was the reason I went with TalentLMS. And as I said above, the capabilities for creating attractive course is meeting all my needs. And I don't think I've really scratched the surface as far as what all I can be doing with it.

Jim, for a first-time LMS user, it sounds like you have mastered TalentLMS pretty quickly and you're already impressing your clients! Thanks for giving our quiz/test functions, user interface and admin functions an extra thumbs up. Our Support team is also super pleased with your feedback, they really do make it their business to give customers the best support possible, regardless of the time zone. As always, our Support team is there to help you if you face any future hurdles. Thanks for leaving us a review!

Replied November 2019

Angie

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Excellent Customer Service

Absolutely a pleasure! I only converted my business over so that I could remain operating in response to the health and safety concerns related to COVID 19. I was absolutely terrified by converting my business over and was not sure how this would work. It has been a business saver! I am not a technical person the support available has been the best.

PROS

The absolute best customer service- most answers can be found in the help search, however all questions I have had sent via email have either been answered the same day or at the very latest the next day. Quick tracking of what training each "user"- my care providers have completed, documentation, and verification of each of their training, ensuring quality assurance. Training- the ease of creating specific training for each of my careproviders- the ease in creating courses with the flexibility to easily switch from either uploaded video training/ to uploaded documents/ powerpoints- endless possibility to help in the creation of course training. Branch/ group trainings- an excellent feature for a business like mine that supports numerous clients from different agencies this allows you to share course trainings specific to each agency (branch) and each department (groups)

CONS

I want to be able to have my care providers to repeat their course training annually. The only option available is to either reset their original progress (deletes it) or create all-new courses (clone). I wish there were a way to reassign the course annually. Electronic signature option- there is no option to integrate/ add on- electronic signature to the test. For quality assurance and compliance, I would love that as add on to the tests. Mobile App- is very limited in features, for both user and administrator, which defeats the whole purpose of the mobile ease. The inability to add any content, including a video with the mobile app, is a real bummer. I wish the administrator had the ability to add in a mouse hover or hover infobox- the site is easy to use; however, there are areas this would be greatly beneficial for a new user.

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

The ability to create unlimited courses, integration of video conferencing options, and the step-up plan option. The ability to start from a free trial to gradually move up. This took away the fear of what if this wasn't a good fit. I didn't have to commit to a pricey contract.

Angie, we're so pleased to hear that TalentLMS has enabled you to quickly and easily pivot to training your care providers remotely! Thanks for your feedback which we've shared with our team.

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Scalable from Free to Enterprise with support at every step

We have only been TalentLMS customer’s for a short time but the personal support is. Right from the initial system demo that convinced me and my partners that this was the eLearning platform for us. The fact that we could start for free with support and have the potential to expand to an enterprise-level solution was exactly what we were looking for. The Platform is very intuitive, the initial video tutorials and the in-platform knowledge base are all very concise and helpful. Further. the personal support from a nominated individual that gave us the demonstration has really elevated the service above my expectations. Knowing that, when i hit a problem that i can’t solve, i can email and thet will have a personalised solution that works for me within 24 hours is phenomenal customer service. In less than 2 weeks we have uploaded some of our content and shared with of our partners. The feedback has been that the platform brings our content to life in a way that we simply could not have achieved on our own. We will soon be linking to the e-commerce element and hope to be processing payments early in the new year. We plan to scale very quickly and i know that with the the TalentLMS support team, the technology will not be the barrier to expanding our business. Thanks again and please keep up the excellent support.

PROS

Loved the usability and time to implement. We are content creators and within a 2 days we have uploaded our content using nearly all of the features. Love the look and feel and simplicity. The different content types keeps it fresh and interesting and keeps learners engaged. As the admin i have great visibility of who is doing what on the system and that is excellent for tracking and audit trail of the learning journey. We provide compliance training so the certification is really important and it is simple to customise your certificates to your brand and words.

CONS

Sorting out fonts and pasting text into the system can be a little fiddly to start with. That being said the support is excellent and it appears the system is completely customisable. Other WYSIWYG systems i have used at a similar price point simply say 'you can't do that' and you have to accept the limitations. So far, every problem i have encountered or request i have made, has been met with a custom piece of code to paste into system within 24 hours. I did not expect this level of service at $120 a month!

Reason for choosing TalentLMS

Personal support, time to implement, scalability at a price tag that grows with the business.

Chris, thank you for your warm words of praise and encouragement for the TalentLMS support team! It's true, they do go above and beyond to provide solutions for customers, wherever possible. We'll be with you every step on the way on your business' growth journey!

Replied December 2020

Entertainment, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2017

Easy setup, intuitive design, basic yet satisfying UI & UX.

Collaboration with senior staff and trainers. Buy-in from all levels of the team. Compliance and understanding of our Standing Instructions. Review and re-writing of procedures. It goes on and on!

PROS

Let's start with the cost- easily the highest featured for the money LMS out there. We went with Moodle and really tried to make it work for quite some time. We were on the verge of hiring a Moodle expert to help us take the project live, but instead took one last look at the market. TalentLMS hits the sweet spot between self-hosting a Moodle site for free and paying a lot of money for a high-end LMS. We wanted an LMS that offered content creation built in, and not in a clunky fashion, but in an intuitive, well designed way. TalentLMS offers this. We also use Wix pages and embed them to produce the content we like. We wanted to create Branches for each of our centres in order to track compliance and learning scores per centre. TalentLMS offers this. We wanted easy gamification and a feeling that this is 'fun'. The feedback from our test group was amazing- they loved it and it just works. We wanted to host it originally, but TalentLMS allows us to map the domains and use our own URLs while still allowing all updates and content to be handled remotely on their servers. Brilliant! You can customise your LMS- we installed live web-chat functions to help our users. All colours and logos can be personalised. Great! In reality- how different is every LMS from each other? Talent works for us as its a fantastic price point and ticks all the boxes we need! It's cheap enough for you to try it (free at first!) and decide for yourself. We haven't regretted our decision once.

CONS

The only think I marked down was the Customer Support, but only because I would like something like a live webchat function for admins. It's perhaps a bit unfair as they have a ticketing function that allows users to create tickets for issues and they respond to you really quickly (less than 30mins in my experience). However, at the start of our implementation, I'd like to talk to somebody in real-time about issues and problems, so this is the only thing I would change. Using a system like Tawk.to (free!) would have been an idea for them. We've actually installed Tawk.to on our version of TalentLMS and it's great for our users.

Hi Mark, We're thrilled to hear that TalentLMS is such a great fit for your training needs! Our support response time is a metric we are constantly improving and it's great to hear that you've been receiving responses so quickly! Having said that, the quality of our responses is just as important. This is why we've chosen to go with a ticketing system since questions can be answered by the most suitable person on the team --something we wouldn't be able to do with a chat system. However, we haven't ruled out the possibility to provide chat support, it is something that we will definitely consider in the future! Thanks again for your feedback! It really helps us improve!

Replied December 2017