• Pros

• "Very easy to use and has excellent customer support"

• "Versatile, well organized, easy to learn. Free until you get going."

• "The ease of use in creating course content - adding lessons, videos, images, and more. It is a great program to start with even if you are new to creating a course."

• Cons

• "There are no big cons with Thinkific. That said, the progress bar has been confusing for some of our students. Replaying courses can be slightly confusing for them too."

• "I don't really have any complaints. It would be nice if the WYSIWYG editor were as good as Apple Pages, and turned out prettier text layouts in the templates. But, it's good enough."

• "user statistics are (so far as I understand) not recorded with quizzes. this could have been very great. so that students would know the level of difficulty of the quiz. "

Browse Thinkific Reviews

Pamela from Lyra Sekmet productions Inc

This is where I have my courses

Anytime I have a problem their tech support is great. And I haven't had any tech problems with the platform - my students are happy and use it easily.

Pros

When I was researching all the different software for course hosting, I liked that this had a place to upload documents in the discussions. That might be really important for people teaching code or other products. Then I'm glad I choose this one because others take a % of income AND you have to wait longer for money.

Cons

The layout isn't as clean and modern as others - I'm hoping that will be updated at some point. It's a little ugly.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Thinkific had the ability to upload docs in the discussion area of courses. And doesn't charge a transaction fee.

Fills a gap in this space with enthusiasm!

Blackboard Course sites, Moodle, and Instructure Canvas are great products, but you have to invest in additional solutions to collect payments, etc. for selling the online courses. Thinkific does all this in 1 system with more options for site design than the big education players do. Some of the features could be more well-thought-out, but for a non-LMS company, it is incredibly easy to set up and allows you to design instructional sound materials.

Pros

I liked that you could design the access portal, the courses, and the payment methods all in 1 interface without any needs for additional products. I particularly enjoy how easy it is to set the courses up if you have your curriculum designed.

Cons

I wish there was an option to be able to have access to all the course features without fees. We are a startup and just are not in a position to charge for courses yet, meaning this would be a huge investment for us that we are not willing to make. It would be great if you could get a 6month burn-in period to test and market before going live.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

Payment portal and customization features.

Shane from K9 Education Dog Training

A great platform for the less technical

A really great platform that is easy to tailor to my business needs. Where I was unable to make a change to the system defaults, the customer service team made them with out any issues.

Pros

Very easy to use and has excellent customer support

Cons

For the plan I am on it is a shame there certificate functionality is not available

Price and functionality

Korinne from Thrive Coaching & Training

Customer Service Very Disappointing

Very frustrating! Not a customer-friendly service. While they are friendly and say they hope you are having a nice day, they do not answer questions (or apparently read email chains). There is no support for European customers I fed this back to them when I first signed up around 2 years ago and nothing has changed. I have given them all of the feed back given here but they do not take any action. Waiting at least a day for an answer is totally unacceptable. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). It just seems as though they work at their convenience, not the customer's. And yet they are happy to take the subscriptions when they are not providing an adequate service.

Pros

I was so excited to find this product and thought it would be ideal for my needs

Cons

The software is not user-friendly. I was hoping that it would be more straightforward and my staff have also commented that is it not user-friendly. There is nobody to call when you have a query and can only email. It takes them a day to get back to you. And we are based in the UK and with the time difference, we have to wait at least a day for an answer. What makes it even more frustrating is that, after waiting for a reply, they ask for information that was already included in your original email (and then you have to wait another day for a response). I sent a query on Monday asking how to do something and the reply said 'see instructions below' and there were no instructions there. In the same email, they asked me to confirm the email address (which I had emailed them on and they had clearly not tried this). I responded right away and just got an email asking how they could help me! (They clearly had not read the email chain). It is now 9pm at night on Tuesday and will be at least Wednesday afternoon with the time difference until I may get a reply and actually proceed.

Joe from ePaymints

The Best Online Course Creator

We started with an idea to help colleagues and turned it into a course. Thinkific allowed us to get our idea out of our heads and into reality, and a usable product people could buy & use.

Pros

Thinkific made it easy to create & host our digital course for financial advisors. With any platform there is a learning curve at the beginning. Thinkific's support team was always quick to reply and help us learn the ropes.

Linda from Abundant Mindset Limited

Best money for value for startups

Easy to use and set up. I am not a tech person and I set up a whole online course in 3 days so pretty cool.

Pros

There is a free function you can actually set up a whole program completely for free and they only charge a % of the sale. It’s perfect for start ups.

Cons

I found anything I don’t like so far. I am really happy with it.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

The free option got me through the door and that it’s so user friendly

tanya from thejoyousfamily.com

Wait, Free? Permanently Free? Whoo hoo!

Overall a great way to get started. Very helpful, does integrate with most platforms and has so really beautiful templates.

Pros

Thinkific will let you start producing courses for free and keep them free forever. Really, this is a great way to learn course development without spending a dime. Just you doing your stuff for your audience. No risk other than your time. Just get started already!

Cons

While the free version is nice you will quickly see how all the other features will help you build an audience. If you don't have an email list and a place to sell your course already you might want to rethink the free version. Who is going to see your course, how will you promote it? If you create it they will not come unless you find a way to get their attention.

Fun and valuable for online classes

Generally happy with the tool. We have used it a lot and our students loved it!

Pros

This is another of those tools that we began to use only during the Pandemic and it has been a life saver. Classes were more fun, entertaining and easy especially for our older students. Teachers loved using it to create their classes and share their content.

Cons

Some other similar software has been free to use, but Thinkific has a basic package that you have to pay for. The price is not crazy but considering circumstances I think prices should had been lowered.

Rose from Young Hearts Childcare and Learning Center

Solid program.

Pros

I like that I was easily able to take my idea, and turn it into a course with this software. It is an easy to use software, and I am able to showcase my courses with students and other professionals with absolute ease! I found that the you do have to pay a bit of money once you really start rolling with it, but in my opinion it is well worth it!

Cons

I have yet to find issue with this software, it has been nothing but good to me thus far!

Elitsa from Preply

Good product, bad sales and customer support teams

Pros

The product is good and easy to integrate to our website.

Cons

The customer support team is not responsive at all. We encountered several issues and couldn’t launch the course. When we contacted. The support/ account management team we didn’t hear back from them. It’s very difficult to work with this company. It’s a pity because the product is not bad, however, if you encounter any issues, you cannot rely on their support at all.

Linda from Inclusive Leadership Co-operative

With Thinkific as our Platform, we have successfully launched three very different online courses.

We are at the beginning stages of offering a high quality course to students from around the world.

Pros

We researched many Platforms before choosing Thinkific. We love that Thinkific is Canadian. We love the journey that students take from first encountering the site landing page, going to the course landing page and then immersing themselves in the course. I appreciate the helpful support from the Thinkific team. They do a great job of answering our many questions. I am fortunate that Thinkific rebuilt their course editing software quite soon after we began developing our course. Their new software is quite easy to use and easy to revise. I really like their flat-rate monthly subscription fee with no hidden costs.

Cons

I wish students could purchase this course in the currency of their own country. I wish we could pay for our subscription in Canadian funds instead of American. We have had to purchase a separate Discussion Forum because their Disqus Plug In is a social media plug in that is not confidential, and their built in Discussion Forum is very awkward and poorly organized with no ability to search, edit, or even manage posts. Thinkific focuses much more on supporting marketing than on supporting online course development. We were fortunate that we had already taken two excellent courses in online course development that we could apply to the Thinkific Platform. Thinkific is less responsive to good ideas for improvement than I would like them to be. For example, despite many, many requests from many course developers it is still not possible for the course author to copy, paste and edit quizes and so there is a lot of unnecessary labour involved in inputting quizes

Wendy from Retirement-Online.com

Thinkific works for me!

No benefits realized yet as I just got my first course up and published. I have several courses written but finding the right software for me and my students was my Catch 22... never considered that would hold me back. I kept working on the courses... and finally, the solution was presented to me. I have tried so many different teaching platforms already and never actually published. Just wasn't confident in knowing the site well enough -- but in no time at all, I am published on Thinkific and so thrilled I made the leap. Finally! Pure FUN!

Pros

Thinkific is easy to use. Add a new Module, one click to add content, module after module. So easy! Better yet, I LIKE how it looks to the user. I LIKE how the site can look like mine -- not another platform. It does look different, but MY site name is on top, visible, so users know where they are immediately. I've tried others and never quite liked the look as I work with seniors who have retired... and wanted simplicity. This time I found just that. AND YET -- very functional, with every content option I'd like to add. Thinkific has a great Facebook group too. Very active and helpful, learned how others are doing their classes so gives me new ideas. Some groups were full of people whining about what the software didn't do or needed to be corrected... that didn't work for me either, yeah, picky picky! :)

Cons

I only had to ask Support one question while adding my first course. My only question was: how to add a manual student who paid me privately (or complimentary class) if they didn't purchase through Thinkific itself. I know its there, just chose to ask instead of searching! :) I didn't even use HELP pages to learn how to use it... it was pretty intuitive for me and I love that! Please don't think that means its not a fully integrated teaching service, it really is. They simply "got it" where the user (me, the instructor) and the other user (student) is concerned. Someone did the work to think about how both users will interact with the software. Kudos!

Cheryl from BCM Family Enterprises

Great Option

I enjoyed Thinkific and may yet return to it when my current contract is up with the LMS I moved to earlier this year. It's certainly as easy to use, and the sales page option is better designed. Everything else is about the same, but Thinkific is slightly more expensive and the pricing model is confusing.

Pros

I liked most that there was a free option to get started and that there is a front end option that shows all courses owned by an account native to the program. Thinkific is easy to use and now that it has added a community feature it's almost perfect.

Cons

At the time I switched from Thinkific, I did so to get a native community feature so my students wouldn't have to go to Facebook for community. Now that Thinkific has added it, there's only one complaint I have, and that is that I need another layer of complexity for my courses. Unfortunately, I haven't found an LMS that has that, so Thinkific is no worse in that regard than any other LMS I've explored. I do have an issue with the pricing model, which is too complex and confusing. That makes it hard to compare with other options.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

In the end, I didn't. I switched FROM Thinkific, for the reasons stated above. If Thinkific had already had the community feature at the time, I might not have done so.

Anne from A to Z Pirate Booty

Thinkific is everything you need to publish online courses. There are different levels , even FREE!

It allows a person to publish an online course and customize everything, including the price you sell it for. Thinkific has everything you need to be successful. AND they offer lots of webinars and training as you need! I look forward to using it more as I grow my online publishing business!

Pros

I like that it is customizable. I like that Thinkific offers lots of webinars and help with all aspects of publishing online courses. It allows a couple ways to collect money for your courses. They spell out exactly what to do! For a newbie like me, I began setting things up months ago while I was working on my course. As I completed it, I began uploading the lectures and made some changes to my text and landing page and other info. Easy to make it your own. I am happy with how professional it all looks. Now I will get busy with the marketing end and Thinkific can help with info about that too! Customer service is awesome and they reach out frequently to see what they can do to guide you! I highly recommend this solution for getting an online course published. I am at the entry level, but am testing the waters until I need to go further and unlock more features.

Cons

As expected the free version is basic, so in order to get to some of the good stuff, you have to upgrade. Not a big deal really, since I am producing my first course and need to go slowly.

Dan from TUNE

Good for small, basic needs

Value for the money, attractive front end with little effort.

Pros

The way Thinkific presents content, from landing page to course completion page, is beautiful and appealing to the user. There are ample ways to connect with the user through various integrations if desired. It's also useful that you can customize the branding and even your own site theme if you have the available resources to do so! After switching from a sub-par LMS, our users are more engaged and more excited about signing in to consume our courses.

Cons

Reporting leaves much to be desired - best count on using Zapier to pull data into a 3rd party for analyzing user progress and completion rates. It's also frustrating that I have to wait for some reports to be emailed to me after requesting them. Perhaps the most frustrating part is that the front-end is designed using Liquid, which is difficult for a novice with basic CSS / HTML knowledge to navigate in order to make small text changes across the site.

Waleed from Khyber Medical college

Industry: Mental Health Care

No brainer choice of course management software

I researched so many LMSs out there and finally found my soulmate On Thinkific I am launching my first, course, the way I want it to be.

Pros

Free to get started Get paid via Paypal without being charged by thinkific Perfectly beautiful themes Add anything you can imagine, quiz, pdf, presentation, text, anything Support for Rich text e.g. make important words bold or italicized Available to anyone, not just Oxford or Harvard Professors boy, i am in love with literally every feature of thinkific

I already explained it.

Susan from Susan McVea Consulting Inc.

I've tried WP plugins for courses as well as Teachable. Thinkific has been phenomenal.

Pros

It's mobile friendly for my students. It's a very simple to use a system which means even if you're, not super tech you can make it work. I get awesome student feedback on how easy Thinkific is to use, especially on the go. It's got great reporting and you get paid right away instead of having your money held up. Even on the free account which is awesome to better manage cash flow needs. I also love that you can see how your students are progressing and where people might be getting stuck on your content.

Cons

Probably the only big negative for me is that is I want to include writing below my video training it doesn't show the student how long the video is or even that there's a video there at all. So sometimes people have missed training parts because of the formatting of their system. Not the biggest deal, but I like to streamline my lesson by putting a small blurb under the video and the easiest way to do this means it doesn't show up as a video on the sidebar for the student.

Katie from Katie McBrien The Sea Shaman

Love it!

I got leads into students who enjoyed this platform. I really loved setting up courses and I think this is a great product.

Pros

I really like how easy this system is; they have done a lot to make their platform easy to use. The free plan is good. Pro's: Easy to use & navigate Helpful tutorials Helpful webinars and manuals to help you get the most and market your courses Clean crisp look Responsive for mobile, tablet, and pc's

Cons

Pricing for me was the only con; I had purchased a lifetime subscription to another course building platform and decided to switch to that otherwise i'd still be using thinkific.

Enrrique from CANTV

Project your career by making your courses known on the net

An excellent way to place and sell your courses on the net, making you gain prestige in the online educational area.

Pros

A very easy to use application that projects your career as an instructor and educator, you can sell the courses to students or companies, allowing you to take better advantage as it allows you to enlarge your professional profile, showing the courses you have done and who and how many have seen, making you notice in the professional area, it is quite complete and easy to use, with an attractive cost for the market.

Cons

I think they should improve a little the visual and design area, to make it more pleasing to the eye, allowing you to customize more each course and let your imagination fly to catch a larger audience, doing this would improve even more this excellent application.

Heather from StorageMart

Great for out-of-the-box solution

At a previous employer, I chose Thinkific to build out a model for a course my CEO wanted to test before commissioning an app. While the final product wasn't quite as smooth as what we were working toward, it looked great for an ecourse and was light years beyond anything the competition was producing. It was easy to use and integrated beautifully with other apps through Zappier.

Pros

Thinkific was incredibly easy to use to create a professional course and corresponding website. It was well laid out and actually made the process enjoyable. I was especially pleased with how the website turned out and how seamlessly it integrated with the course.

Cons

There was very little I disliked about the platform. It was difficult to tailor the course quite the way I wanted it at times, but I could always find a workaround.

Linda from Inclusive Leadership Co-operative

Thinkific is a fantastic online learning platform

We are growing into an international learning community with the help of Thinkific.

Pros

Versatile, well organized, easy to learn. Free until you get going.

Cons

- Terrible discussion forum (we wish they would link up with website tool box). - Their pricing plans have changed in ways that don't work well for us and they have not been responsive to our feedback.

Monica from Learn By Design School

The best eLearning platform for beginners and experts

Pros

I have produced more than 200 online courses and used several platforms. Thinkific is my favorite. I have three schools there. It's easy to use, clean design, and the upgrades are customer-centered.

Cons

I don't like the new admin organization. It's text heavy and not intuitive. I prefer simple headers like courses, users, admin, etc.

Susan from Getting Out from Going Under Publishing

The answer to my prayers! Needed a home for a free flagship course. Thinkific has a free version!

I was able to easily launch a free flagship course. It enabled me to provide a needed service to students without having to charge them by giving me the option to host the course at no cost.

Pros

I searched and searched for an affordable way to host my free Fearless Budgeting training program for compulsive spenders. I tried a couple of sites before launching, but they all had problems and were difficult to use. When I found the free plan on Thinkific, I was blown away. It was so easy to set up and everything just flowed. I had one issue with the sort order of multiple download files. Customer service was great and helped me figure out how to sort them properly within a couple of hours. It was incredibly easy to set up the two courses (total of 50 lessons) and two additional products. My products and courses look professional. Oh, and I love the student discussion forum, which I've used to let students know about an update to one of the courses and an upcoming Q&A call. Plus, I was able to easily integrate my mailing list into the program. I couldn't be happier with the service and support. I heartily recommend Thinkific. For me, it blows away the competition!

Cons

Nothing. Not one thing. It's perfect for my needs. The fact is, I'm amazed at all the features I get with the free option. It's working out great for me and my students.

Rocky from Mirasee

For the non-developer who wants to create great online courses - go with Thinkific

It's just a great piece of software to deploy an online course without having to rely on a expensive developer (like myself.)

Pros

I deploy Thinkific to my clients who need to an online course, but don't have the expertise or resources to recruit someone with technology skills. It's really easy with a short learning curve. If building a website with drag/drop tools is easy to you - this is even easier. Their support is fantastic! Their response time is quick, their team is helpful, and their reply is always clear and coherent. I've spoken to them as both a user, and a developer - and they were always willing to find a way to help me solve things.

Cons

For the scenario of building a training program - Thinkific is great - no issues. If I had to say something, like anything - the only thing I can think of is, as a developer - I wish I can build add-ons to extend Thinkific's features. I'm probably in the 1% who wants it, which shows how much Thinkific really thought things

Abigail from PROVESTIA

Thinkific is easy to use, the interface is friendly both for the administrator and for the users.

I get to sell my courses to students directly and receive a hire percentage than I would on Udemy and Skillshare.

Pros

I needed to create online courses to sell directly to students rather than putting all my eggs in one basket... in this case 2 baskets; Udemy and Skillshare. I began looking for cheap or free LMS system, and after vetting my options I was down to two choices Thinkific and Teachable. Thinkific isn't as popular as Teachable so I was already partial, expecting less from it than Teachable. I was surprised that Thinkific was the better option. Thinkific is easy to use, intuitive and very user-friendly, they have lots of resources on how to create courses. I hit a snag in the video production phase of my courses and I was surprised when they reached out to me, I explained that I hadn't been online as I was still creating my course and they sent links to resources that would help. That was a biggy for me, as I really needed that. The staff and the software itself has been amazing.

Cons

Non really, at least for now. I'm on the free plan which has limited features, I'd need to upgrade to fully explore its capabilities but for now, I'm content

Jonathan from WalletWin

Great for Online Courses

I can easily and quickly get my online courses up and running and sell them easily to my students and corporate clients.

Pros

I LOVE all the features Thinkific has to support my online course. Completion certificates? Check. Achievements? Check. SINGLE SIGN ON FOR WHEN I SELL TO CORPORATE CLIENTS? CHECK! But really, the feature list is pretty long and extensive. And the price is pretty good compared to other platforms. Now, Thinkific won't host all your marketing needs, but it will nail your online course, and I'm a big fan of that. They also offer GREAT webinars and opportunities for professional development, which I really appreciate. I really do feel like they want me to succeed.

Cons

I wish there were more options for how my course pages are laid out. It's pretty much all standardized with the course online on the left of the page and the content on the left. That course outline is ALWAYS there. Now, that might be really handy for students, but I wish I had some options and maybe could make things a little prettier. (It's not ugly or anything, I just would like another option or two to choose from)

Brian Møller from A Mind For You IVS

Any school or academy will fit right into Thinkific

I love the team behind thinkific as well, the weekly information to use the software, to hint out what is working at the time. Designs tutorials on any of the tasks needed to launch a successful online course.

Pros

I love the drag and drop options. The ease of use and bulk importers. I have such a great contact to my students and abundant options to get my teachings across. The editors are functional and best of all: The designs are professional and looks like a Tesla ;) I have room for up to 2gb videos! That is hosting and being serious to support online education. Did I mention it is Per Video!!

Cons

There is one thing I'd like to see different on Thinkific. My ability to have more sub-modules in each Chapter of my courses. That's it. Otherwise, I have nothing to say.

Greg from Greg De Tisi Coaching

Blown Away!

The reason being is that the ease of use and sheer user friendly platform is a delight to work with. Being not the techy I am usually annoyed after about 10 minutes if any system but this is not only simple to operate and use but I created a course in just over a week. I am still in shock as to how I managed to do so much so easily and feel lucky to have found Thinkific. Thanks guys for thinking of us!

Pros

Ease of use, attractive platform, modern and slick.

Cons

None I can think of yet!

Response from Thinkific

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the great review Greg! We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us one and we're excited that you're finding using our platform a great experience. "...if you are thinking of Thinkific think no longer and get it," should be our new motto! Thanks again!

Kate from Vogue Media

Deliver Your Online Course or Digital Product With Ease

I think this is an ideal solution for someone just getting started with an online business.

Pros

I think Thinkific is super intuitive to use and offers regular, non-techy people the ability to deliver their digital products with ease.

Cons

I would like to see an integration that allows for making the internal dashboard as well as creating landing pages more customizable.

Just focus on creating content and leave the rest to Thinkific

Pros

If you're coming from WordPress ecosystem, you know the pain. Keep on adding plugins-after-plugins and keep paying for them yearly and keep maintaining them, patching security holes that pop up often. If then you get some time, then create content for your members. With Thinkific, you need not worry about the umpteen admin issues of WordPress at all; just focus on content creation and leave the rest to the Thinkific platform. Hassle free piece of LMS.

Cons

- They may want to look into the pricing structure. - For those educaters who can't accept Stripe for some reason, try to come up with a model whereby you accept payment on our behalf and then send our payments later on.

Daniel from Pencil Kings

Enabled to set up online art courses for 200+ students.

I've been able to sell multiple learning products to 200+ students. This has enabled them to learn and see their progress as they go. It has also allowed me to create and use quizzes for my students.

Pros

This software is quite flexible and enabled me to take over 200 students through 15 learning modules. Each module has multiple videos and pictures. Thinkific enabled me to include assignments, which I used Airtable to integrate with. Enrolling students in that course is extremely simple.

Darrell

How Thinkific Changed My Life For The Better..

Pros

The best thing about Thinkific is they push you to finish your course. I needed that extra push! There are some many things to learn in business that people want to learn and people want to teach what they know. I am taking a course to learn how to teach a course. Online learning is the future.

Cons

I think that their sign-up and sign in page could use improving. There is always going to be room for improvements, I hope people are able to get past issues, as nothing is perfect. There is a saying in the startup world that says " If your product is perfect you launched too late."

Krishna from Krishna Lou

Great interface

Intuitive and easy to use! They nailed the course creation experience, in my opinion.

Pros

User and admin interface are easy to use and very intuitive. I feel like it's much better than Teachable or Kajabi in terms of UI. Also very easy to design your curriculum and draft your courses. You can make a sales page with a countdown timer in minutes, which is great to use for quick launches.

Cons

Page blocks for sales pages are not as customizable as I want it to be, although honestly, it's very clean design-wise.

Natalie from Natalie Blais Consulting Inc.

The perfect platform

Super easy to use. User interface is simple so even people who are new to creating an online program will feel super smart and like they have the best tool.

Pros

I love the simplicity and ease of setting things up in Thinkific. You can have multiple courses in the platform, making it easy for your clients and students to keep their learning in one place.

Cons

There isn't anything I didn't like about Thinkific.

Superior online course building platform to others I've used

Pros

The Thinkific interface is so user friendly. The weekly trainings with Aaron have been critical to building my confidence in working with Thinkific and getting started. I love the left side bar menu - so easy to use for setting up and building landing page. The ease of integration is also well done.

Cons

I'm experienced at building websites with Wordpress and have a fair bit of experience with HTML coding, and yet, I find having to customize the landing pages with HTML (i.e. finding the line of code, etc.) way too complicated and time consuming. I'm looking forward to the upgrade that I hear is coming out soon. That is the only con I can think of at this time.

Brendan from Chex Consulting

No better way to help people grow.

Thinkific allows me to put down my idea from countless meetings and classes into a format that I can reuse time after time. You can easily add chapters, consolidate info, add PDFs and add videos. The testing and polling is a great way of ensuring you students are retaining the information. Being able to add the widget to your own website is extremely helpful to help you build your brand while utilizing what Thinkific does best. The fact that it is free while I work on monetizing shows that they are betting on the success Thinkific will bring. Great tool and I am excited for the success to follow.

Pros

I love the ease of use.

Cons

I wish they had stock photos right in the website. The do suggest free stock sites to use.

Response from Thinkific

Replied March 2017

Hey Brendan, thank you so much for the lovely review. So glad that we can help you and we're looking forward to your success too!

Fantastic Learning Platform

One of the best things about Thinkific is they have a totally free play, which makes it a very low-risk way to start building a learning platform.

Pros

All around the great platform, easy to use, and intuitive for both the end-user and course creator. Love it.

Cons

Not much bad I can say. One thing that is a bit of a pro and con is that it integrates with accredible.com. It's a pro if you are already using accredible.com, its a con if you want to offer certificates but aren't using accredible.com. I say it's a con because you have to manage it outside of the Thinkific platform which is a little less intuitive than being able to do it directly in Thinkific.

Thinkifc is a good starter LMS

Pros

I think its easy to use and I like the fact that they have a free option for course creators who are just getting started.

Cons

There are limitations with the functionality. For instance, there is not a full sales funnel integration like what kajabi has. But I think they are priced accordingly.

Ian from cipsonline.org

A Fortunate Find

I spent around 5 weeks full-time looking at possible platforms for my micro-business, and studied maybe 50-60 platforms. It was immediately obvious that Thinkific was what I needed based on dozens of reviews which I read carefully.

Pros

Easy to use; simple, customer service fast response.

Cons

There is nothing that I like least about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Thinkific

It was obvious that Thinkific was the one. The website message, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the company history, etc

Amazing Course Builder for new users

I’ve done a lot of online courses, so when it came to designing my own I had strong ideas about what I wanted it to look like for my students. Thinkific is easy to learn, has great customization and superb customer service. Even on the free plan they answer your questions immediately and incorporate feedback you give them in their updates.

Pros

Easy to learn. Amazing customer service. Frequent updates.

Cons

Some of the customization requires coding. The help library sometimes doesn’t have what your looking for.

Lisa from Know & Grow English

I haven't found a perfect elearning platform, but Thinkific is pretty close!

I haven't sold any classes yet, but that's due to a lack of marketing on my part. Thinkific has been great. The company made it easy for me to understand how to create a course and made itself very available to me whenever I needed help.

Pros

I think Thinkific is user friendly. I didn't have a problem setting my class up and understanding how the site works.

Cons

I wish I did Thinkific did some of the marketing for me. But, to be honest, sites that do that take a much bigger chunk of profits, so it's fair.

Akhilesh from Notes for IAS

A true delight for any starting edupreneur in every dimension

Pros

1) Thinkific is one of a kind platform that has something to offer to everyone. Even if you have zilch money to start with, thinkific has a plan for you. The free plan has so many features that one has to wonder at times if he needs to upgrade ever :) . Many other free plans try to give you a taste of the software and then nudge to upgrade. Not thinkific . They give you all the tools you need even on a free plan and then when you decide to upgrade , they add awesome value to your investment. 2) Ease of use is just awesome . They have explained the tiniest details with videos . Learning curve at best can be surmounted in a single day with the resources they offer. 3) The course player is just terrific and can host almost anything imaginable including content made on authoring tools . The interface is very mobile friendly. 4) Unlimited video hosting even on free plans ! This is as good as it gets . The video player is high quality . I suspect they use Wistia for playing videos . 5) Customer support is great and very responsive

Ionie

Why I use Thinkific

Pros

The turn-around time for feedback to queries was awesome. It ranged from a few minutes to a couple of hours. I received numerous links for support and resources which were really helpful. The support team is efficient and very resourceful. They are genuinely interested in your progress and success. Having engaged in an online webinar, I realised how easy the platform is to use. The Facebook Group is a great resource. The participants are friendly and I learn so much from them. I look forward to actually launching my first courses.

Irerinsola from Iredoyin Imports and Consults

Industry: International Trade and Development

Suits every level of expertise and usage is quite simple

Used for the online learning program I organize for my clients. It's so easy to setup, registration and links are easy to create

Pros

The price range, one could even get a free

Cons

No one on one training feature on thinkific

Steven from Upward Mindset

Great Course Creating Platform

I love Thinkific. In the very crowded space for course creation platforms, Thinkific is in the top 3 !

Pros

This platform does a great job providing an easy-to-use platform for designing and delivering online courses. The features for allowing all types of media, and the friendly UI flow is so pleasant for the loading content and for end-users navigating the training.

Cons

I would like to have more customization of the theme layouts.

Jessica from Enabler Concepts Entertainment

Not the best layout for the user

I think it is a good platform. I am in the process of building my own course and thinking of using Thinkific because of their overall design customization.

Pros

I am taking a course through the Thinkific platform. The layout of the course was easy enough to follow. I appreciate that I am able see my percentage of progress through the course.

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't have an easy-to-use built-in discussion area. We have to create another login with Disqus to leave comments or open a discussion. Instead of staying within the platform, this drives most of the discussions to the Facebook group instead.

Kate from Booming Eye Healing Arts

Excellent! Easy to Use! Responsive Support!

Pros

I really like how simple it was to create an online course. All I had to do was create the content and Thinkific supplied the platform to present it in a clarified and seamless way. Also, the customer support has been outstanding!

Cons

I haven't had too much natural traffic come across my course. Maybe upping the marketing game a bit so I have other marketing resources to connect with. Not necessary, just a thought.

Haydee from Construction

It's been great. Smooth. Like all experiences with all products SHOULD be.

Peace of mind. Great customer support.

Pros

Its customer service. Its friendliness. Its accessibility. Its genuine concern for the customer's success.

Cons

I wish you could promote more than you have so that I could have found you sooner. Maybe by using the leverage of big-name entrepreneurs. I think that you have a great service that can compete with any of the other ones on the market.

Sylvester from Tacto Infomedia Private Limited

Perfect for students

My knowledge is getting better and better with unimaginable speed

Pros

The pricing technology they used to determine my location and price accordingly. This did not affect any resource availability and provided with the best knowledge

Cons

There is no cons as such. I love the website and its user friendliness. SEO needs to be done better on the site to get more users for this.

Kofi from Unlimited impact Coaching & Leadership

In general a pleasant warm and positive experience

Further motivation to pursue the training and hopefully the course. I want to acquire the same customer relations skills that they seem to effortlessly have and exhibit. So far in my understanding . I am encouraged to pursue y search further.

Pros

The step by step guide is very helpful. Also the staff is all over you wanteing to give a helping hand. I am of the view that the software will help me develop a great course and to teach it or them

Cons

The software could do with some simplification and streamline oftions made available. The great thing is that it does not have too many negative characteristics. Also when members of the team contact audiences they could indicate their relationship with the rest of the team, in particular the individual one just contacted.