Thinkific

Thinkific Reviews

RATING:

• icon"That might be really important for people teaching code or other products. Then I'm glad I choose this one because others take a % of income AND you have to wait longer for money."
  • icon"Easy issues are easily resolved by referencing online documents, harder issues are easily resolved by connecting with a representative over the phone."
  • icon"I love the ease of use and the versatility of​ multi-media courses."
  • icon"There is no built-in email functionality aside from the notifications that can be sent to existing students."
  • icon"HORRID for anyone working with a few helpers... they want to rape you on fees for additional admins. Can't remove/archive past offerings."
  • icon"The price they were asking for was not convincing anymore. Slowly and slowly I lost interest."

Browse all Thinkific Reviews

• Have you used Thinkific and would like to share your experience with others?

Jonathan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great for Online Courses

September 2022

critique de l'application thinkific

Pros

cette application a plus de fonctionnalité dans la création des cours et leurs diffusion plus facile même pour le débutants

Cons

les intégrations sont plus couteux dans le logiciel donc elle est un peu plus chères que la moyenne

Richard

Industry: Architecture & Planning

October 2022

Suitable For All Levels

Thinkific has been perfect as a solution for my starting an online training product that also has spreadsheet tools included. My experience has been great. I have only once had to contact support and it turns out it was my error that was causing a visual issue, which was soon easily corrected, once I saw my error. They were quick to spot what I'd done and let me know.

Pros

That it's really comprehensive, yet still has a free to low-cost entry-level option. It's easy to use and looks visually great too with its customisable interface options. Oh and I love that you can i-frame other websites and URL's into your courses (this is great for spreadsheets and websites) - it saves a lot of time and energy, and updating! Oh, and it has / had a low payment processing fee structure.

Cons

I haven't hit any issues with it yet so to date there's nothing I don't like about it.

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

It's entry-level plans (including the free plan that was / is available at the time I joined) are fully featured. Certainly enough to get started and have to commit to a paid or more expensive plan. It looked great and also (at the time of joining and still I think) had a lower fee structure, etc.

Scott

September 2022

Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service. I never was able to communicate with a real person. They won't call me back and won't answer my questions.

Pros

Not much to like about this company. They don't respond to questions.

Cons

They didn't respond to my requests for help.

SherriLee

August 2022

Using Thinkific has helped me grow my business!

LOVE thinkific!

Pros

It's so easy to use, has great tutorials and their support is amazing.

Cons

It's gotten more technical over the years and really now a designer is needed to create beautiful landing pages unless you have time to figure it out.

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

Easier to use and no one critiqued my course to allow it to be on the platform

Lucky

May 2022

Thinkific LMS platform. An honest review

Thinkific is a great LMS with many inbuilt integrations. Even though most of the integrations are not free, they help in building a better LMS all round.

Pros

Other than being a good Learning management platform, students could upload video contents and gifs in the communities of a thinkific school. This isn't possible with other LMS I've used. I think this is a great advantage in my opinion as videos drives conversations better.

Cons

If I could upload SCORM/HTML5 contents it'll be a better product for me. Also, the course builder layouts are not as sleek as I expected in comparison to other products.

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

I didn't want to get involved in the technical stuffs involved in building an LMS from scratch. I preferred using a SAAS platform (in this case Thinkific) that would cater for the technical aspects of the platform while I cared about creating contents for my students.

Pamela

This is where I have my courses

Anytime I have a problem their tech support is great. And I haven't had any tech problems with the platform - my students are happy and use it easily.

Pros

When I was researching all the different software for course hosting, I liked that this had a place to upload documents in the discussions. That might be really important for people teaching code or other products. Then I'm glad I choose this one because others take a % of income AND you have to wait longer for money.

Cons

The layout isn't as clean and modern as others - I'm hoping that will be updated at some point. It's a little ugly.

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

Thinkific had the ability to upload docs in the discussion area of courses. And doesn't charge a transaction fee.

Joe

The Best Online Course Creator

We started with an idea to help colleagues and turned it into a course. Thinkific allowed us to get our idea out of our heads and into reality, and a usable product people could buy & use.

Pros

Thinkific made it easy to create & host our digital course for financial advisors. With any platform there is a learning curve at the beginning. Thinkific's support team was always quick to reply and help us learn the ropes.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. It would be nice if the WYSIWYG editor were as good as Apple Pages, and turned out prettier text layouts in the templates. But, it's good enough.

Reasons for switching to Thinkific

Because Teachable's support was terrible during the initial "learning the ropes" phase.

Kelwin

Industry: Information Services

August 2022

Great tool. It would be just better if you build a mobile App for students.

I'm really enjoying the experience.

Pros

Having an API that facilitates the integration with our back office.

Cons

Not having an app for the student experience.

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

Having an API that seamlessly integrated with our backoffice.

February 2022

Think About Using Thinkific

Pros

For me is it was the user friendly features of the program. I was able to train myself on the features in a few hours.

Cons

Our company has enjoyed using Thinkific and in comparison to to other programs we don't find any negative issued with Thinkific.

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

Thinkific was the first program we tried and once we tested others we just never found another program that was better for our needs.

Thomas

November 2022

Great product but there are cheaper options coming through.

Overall, a great experience and will continue to use it if updates are made. I've had emails from fresh learn as of late which are half the price for what seems to be the same features that Thinkific give.

Pros

I do really like Thinkific although the price seems a bit higher than some new online platforms that are coming through. I like the course layout and the amount that you can edit. It's a bit more tech-savvy than some which I don't mind. I've built fast courses with Thinkific and enjoyed being a user on a weekly basis. I do just hope that Thinkfics features get more modernised as time goes on as it can seem a little outdated at times. Just my opinion :)

Cons

It's a bit more tech-savvy than some which I don't mind, but even a tech-savvy person wouldn't mind more convenience every day. This could come from more drag and drop and more templates to use as there doesn't seem to be any help in building your courses. There may be tutorials that I haven't come across the mind. I would like to see the price drop down before I go elsewhere.

Yadah

Beautiful Course Platform for Online Education

A stunning product which I would have been happy to use (even with all the workarounds for certificates, email and quizzes). The support is quick with responses and the tutorials provided really are next-level amazing. A consistent and impressive LMS.

Pros

This is an absolutely beautiful platform. Thinkific has been in the elearning industry for years and it shows - the portal is easy to navigate and set up courses. The tutorials section is robust and detailed, giving step-by-step information on how to set up various course features and troubleshoot any issues that may come up. There is the ability to issue certificates of completion, add an assignment section for students to upload their work, basic quiz functionality, drip-scheduling as well as compulsory lessons which need to be completed before the student can move on. The lessons can consist of videos, text, PDF's (which can be downloadable or not), or quizzes. You can embed videos and links from other sites too. The course analytics allow you to see how much of a course/lesson was completed before a student drops off, giving valuable insight which enables the course creator to edit and adapt the courses to make them more engaging for the students. There is also a 'community' feature which gives students the chance to chat and give/feedback away from an external site (like a Facebook group). Thinkific does not take any of the course fees and allows the course creator to keep 100% of the profits earned. There is also a free version which has a lot of features included.

Cons

The certificates are quite basic and it's necessary to be design-savvy and tech-savvy to create a certificate which would be accepted in the upload process. The quizzes are very basic and do not support time-limits, limited retries or anything more robust than true/false or multiple choice. Should you want to integrate with a more robust quiz software, their native integrative party is quite pricey! There is no built-in email functionality aside from the notifications that can be sent to existing students. As email is becoming more popular among other learning management systems this is quite a big negative point against them. The option to whitelabel the site completely is only available on the 'Growth' plan which over and above the 'Pro' plan which is already $99.

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

Value for money and number of features offered. It's an established product with years of market research and expertise.

Reasons for switching to Thinkific

Option to do upsells and order bumps with Thinkific. Option for assignment uploads for students. All-round more robust LMS.

Lucas

Thinkific Rocks!

Excellent! I appreciate the outstanding product, fair prices, ease of interface and ability to easily build and delivery QUALITY courses. I haven't required customer service (that's a good sign!). I love the product and will definitely stay here!

Pros

The intuitive nature of your interface is extremely helpful for both course designers and students. As a site and course administrator, I'm exceptionally impressed with the ease of use. Thank you for incorporating finance management functions. Sleek design, ease of use, great price point. Don't change the price, it's one of your best market differentiators. I switched to Thinkific for the Pro Growth plan which was the key difference for me from other providers like Matrix.

Cons

I really need to market courses via social media with the least number of accounts and steps. It would be awesome if you could integrate some social media marketing tools into the site rather than link accompanying providers. The more I can do WITHIN thinkific, the better. The same applies for business functions like website management, sales of non-course materials (e.g., printed books, e-books), and perhaps QuickBooks

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

Price and ability to scale my costs via the Pro Growth plan. I really liked the Matrix site itself but couldn't justify the price as soon as I saw the Thinkific plans and the product. Your site is excellent!

Linda

With Thinkific as our Platform, we have successfully launched three very different online courses.

We are at the beginning stages of offering a high quality course to students from around the world.

Pros

We researched many Platforms before choosing Thinkific. We love that Thinkific is Canadian. We love the journey that students take from first encountering the site landing page, going to the course landing page and then immersing themselves in the course. I appreciate the helpful support from the Thinkific team. They do a great job of answering our many questions. I am fortunate that Thinkific rebuilt their course editing software quite soon after we began developing our course. Their new software is quite easy to use and easy to revise. I really like their flat-rate monthly subscription fee with no hidden costs.

Cons

I wish students could purchase this course in the currency of their own country. I wish we could pay for our subscription in Canadian funds instead of American. We have had to purchase a separate Discussion Forum because their Disqus Plug In is a social media plug in that is not confidential, and their built in Discussion Forum is very awkward and poorly organized with no ability to search, edit, or even manage posts. Thinkific focuses much more on supporting marketing than on supporting online course development. We were fortunate that we had already taken two excellent courses in online course development that we could apply to the Thinkific Platform. Thinkific is less responsive to good ideas for improvement than I would like them to be. For example, despite many, many requests from many course developers it is still not possible for the course author to copy, paste and edit quizes and so there is a lot of unnecessary labour involved in inputting quizes

Fills a gap in this space with enthusiasm!

Blackboard Course sites, Moodle, and Instructure Canvas are great products, but you have to invest in additional solutions to collect payments, etc. for selling the online courses. Thinkific does all this in 1 system with more options for site design than the big education players do. Some of the features could be more well-thought-out, but for a non-LMS company, it is incredibly easy to set up and allows you to design instructional sound materials.

Pros

I liked that you could design the access portal, the courses, and the payment methods all in 1 interface without any needs for additional products. I particularly enjoy how easy it is to set the courses up if you have your curriculum designed.

Cons

I wish there was an option to be able to have access to all the course features without fees. We are a startup and just are not in a position to charge for courses yet, meaning this would be a huge investment for us that we are not willing to make. It would be great if you could get a 6month burn-in period to test and market before going live.

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

Payment portal and customization features.

Reasons for switching to Thinkific

Easier to configure and set up and did not require additional setup or management.

WENDY

Affiliate is the Highlight

Overall, I would say Thinkific is a great software to showcase your courses online. The affiliate feature and membership feature are the highlights of our company's objectives for this year. We are trying to slowly move all our recorded zoom videos to upload to Thinkific. We also hope using this software would ease our students learning as well as helping our company to grow by reaching out to more people.

Pros

Just as the title has mentioned, my company came towards this software because of a recommendation by our consultant. After much difficult times to look for a proper affiliate software, we decided to opt in for Thinkific as it doesn't just serve as an E-learning platform but also provides affiliation feature for enrolled students. So far, it can create unique link for each student as a referral and we are able to set up commission percentage for them. It has cut off a lot of manual work which we were previously doing. Thus, subscribing to a Pro plan in spite of the price, it is well-worth to consider for anyone looking for affiliate feature which is this simple.

Cons

The themes available are quite limited, and I do wish Thinkific would provide more samples of website for us to refer to since not everyone is good at designing. I only manage to find a few on Google which helped a little. Sizes of the images are only limited to JPG file which I didn't know why after a constant struggle of failures to upload a PNG image. Perhaps you could label JPG file instead of telling me the SIZE would be more helpful. Since my webinar courses are in Chinese and English, I do hope you would allow more choices of fonts instead. Also, as most of our students are Chinese, it would be helpful if other buttons such as "sign up" , "register" , "free preview" would have an option of languages. The Video file size is limited as well. It wasn't much of a bother as I know it is trying to promote shorter videos for better students' engagement. But the uploading can be quite slow and my speed is 160mbps. So, I doubt it's my problem??

Michelle

Outstanding course-hosting platform that makes your life easy

Overall the experience has been excellent over the past four years. I have to add that the Thinkific Helpdesk is genuinely helpful, and their response time is lightning fast. They have an option for "how urgent is your issue?" when you submit your help ticket, and if you select "urgent," they actually get back to you very quickly, as in, within a few hours. This is essential when your income comes from your course website and you need help updating or fixing something!

Pros

I love that Thinkific is comprehensive so I get to focus on content creation and student outreach. Thinkific manages the payment portal and moves students smoothly through the course experience. In a lot of ways, it's set-it-and-forget-it, meaning - once you have a course set up the way you want inside Thinkific, students move through it beautifully and all you have to worry about is getting new students!

Cons

My only suggestion for Thinkific would be to provide a few more options for testimonials layouts on the sales/landing pages. I'd like more flexibility and options to showcase or emphasize certain student experiences... but otherwise, I wouldn't change anything.

Reasons for choosing Thinkific

I had experience with Thinkific as a student and as an affiliate for someone else's courses, and I like the dashboard layout for both. I already knew it was a strong product so decided to go for it!

Wendy