Waybook

Waybook Reviews

RATING:

• icon"This software helps you organize documents online for things such as SOP's and is a great resrource too."
  • icon"I like that you can train people using Waybook, with trainings, quizzes and more. The most important is I can store my manual on the site with permissions at every level."
  • icon"I haven't finished building everything out yet, so I am excited to eventually use Waybook for onboarding my team, tracking their progress, and testing out their knowledge."
  • icon"Features are quite limited and based on their roadmap it could take some time."
  • icon"I find it difficult if someone leaves us but uses the same email address."
  • icon"I was a little disappointed with the security features and limitation with using Waybook as a means to get staff's acknowledgement on new polices and processes."

All Waybook Reviews

Finally Have My SOPs Organized Thanks To Waybook

Overall, I am very pleased with my experience using Waybook. I've been able to really integrate it with my business and find it very easy to quickly open and take down my steps/notes as I work. This will be a great asset to have as I scale.

Pros

Before Waybook, I tried building out SOPs in Google Docs, Notion notes, ClickUp notes, and even had random ones floating around in Notepad when I needed to jot something down quickly. I knew I needed everything to be centralized in one place. Then came Waybook! I really like the layout, which allows me to have a nice overview of all my top-level processes, then drill down deeper when needed. Having all my SOPs in one location is way better than having a Drive folder with Google Docs spread out. I haven't finished building everything out yet, so I am excited to eventually use Waybook for onboarding my team, tracking their progress, and testing out their knowledge. I can see this tool being very helpful for years to come as my business continues to grow.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues or things I don't like about this software. Dark mode would be helpful so I'm not blinded by all the white, but that's about it.

Reasons for switching to Waybook

I needed one tool with the single purpose of housing SOPs, wikis, and internal docs with the additional training features.

Response from Waybook

John - thank you so much for your review and recommendation! Really pleased we could swoop in and help you consolidate your SOPs into a single source of truth. We can't wait to continue growing with you and your team Elle

Replied June 2021

Spencer

March 2022

Simple, quick-to-implement playbook/SOP software

The team behind the product seem passionate and responsive. The product stands for itself... we wanted something to train our team that was simple to deploy. Waybook definitely meets that requirement. I will recommend Waybook to my clients for sure.

Pros

It is super-fast to implement with almost zero training. The in-app support is responsive if you do happen to have a question. They keep the structure detailed enough to have the depth of indexing you might need, but also only three tiers or so deep. That straightforward menu structure helps it be more deployable.

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see, and may be coming soon. You can export, but I would like to be able to export more docs at the same time. I would like to be able to password-protect a public page.

Reasons for choosing Waybook

Liked the layout and the ease of use. It is a bit more price competitive as well.

Reasons for switching to Waybook

Nimbus Note is a great product as well, but just not as simple in design. I found it did not get used as often because of this.

Response from Waybook

Hi Spencer, Thanks so much for your review. So pleased you've found Waybook fast to implement and no training required. The dream review for us, as we've worked hard to get here! Some really great feature requests in there too and I'm pleased to confirm that they're on the roadmap already. I'll be sure to drop a tag on your account so we can invite you to early testing as soon as these features are available. All the best, Elle

Replied March 2022

Taleah

Waybook Review

Overall, we are very happy with this purchase. It is user friendly and easy to track progress of training and documents. Waybook can house documents such as handbooks and company policies. It's been a great addition to our company resources.

Pros

We chose Waybook to keep our team members aligned with sharing of documents, policies and procedures and most of all tracking training by administration of tests.

Cons

We have not found a specific feature that we like least or Waybook should incorporate.

Reasons for switching to Waybook

To make things easily accessible and orderly.

Response from Waybook

Hi Taleah, Thank you for your review. We're so pleased we can help you and your team stay aligned and also give you the ability to track your team's training. If you ever have any feature requests in the future, do not hesitate to get in touch - we'd love to hear them. Elle and the Waybook team

Alla

May 2022

Its OK at best

Experience is ok. Its easy to use and self explanatory

Pros

I liked that I have a lifetime subscription through APPsumo for a small amount to make it somewhat worth it. I like that we have a place to keep documents to refer to.

Cons

Its not meant as a functional process management system because you can't print from it. The documents are not formatted the way you would for printing so keeping letters to clients or employees is not possible unless you do it in pdf format, which is inconvenient because we always need to change the name, address, date, etc. We would like to keep templates in there for our processes but cannot.

Response from Waybook

Hi Alla, Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that and appreciate you sharing this insight. I have shared this feedback with our product and am pleased to confirm we do support PDF exporting of content, which can then be printed. Here is a link to our help center article on printing documents: https://help.waybook.com/en/articles/6119058-can-i-print-my-waybook-documents Again, thank you for sharing this with us, and feel free to reach out to support with any further feedback or questions. Elle and the Waybook team

November 2022

Waybook is easy to use with many features

Overall great product for manuals and permissions

Pros

Cons

I wish the trainings were more intuitive and easy to administer and manage.

Reasons for choosing Waybook

Waybook has nice features for entire manual

Response from Waybook

Thank you so much for your review. We're so pleased that you have been able to set up your team training and store your business manuals using Waybook. We'd love to learn more about how training could be improved for you and your team - I'll be in touch and would love to discuss this with you in more depth. Thanks again for sharing your feedback - we're excited to continue growing with you.

Replied November 2022

It's amazing and simple. Exactly what I was looking for...

Pros

I have been searching for a solution for documentation for a long time. Waybook is the highest value app I have purchased in a long time. I hope you guys plan to be around for a while. What I like: - We were using Notion for documenting our processes but after a while, it gets out of hand. It became a job to organise our stuff. Waybook has a built-in organisation. - Minimalist - I hate tools that have "too much going on". Waybook is simple. It does one thing very well. - Scale - Easy to add a new team member. - Testing - Testing was the main reason I wanted to move from Notion. To make things more official and track my team. Good job guys.

Cons

I hope they update the text editor to allow for shortcuts with creating headlines and adding images. Like a "/" command.

Minimalism. I like simple tools. There is zero distraction in Waybook

Reasons for switching to Waybook

I was looking for a place that had a built-in organisation for SOPs and testing capability.

Response from Waybook

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so pleased you find our UI to allow you to focus and not distract your readers. The product team will be really pleased to hear this too. Helping you to scale has been a big thing for us when building Waybook. At our core, we want to help businesses scale efficiently and supporting the evolution of your team within the tool is really important to us. Super excited to continue growing with you and if there's anything we can help with along the way, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Replied February 2022

Feras

A Great Knowledge Management Tool

I have an extremely positive experience with Waybook and I know that it is a continuously developed software that will keep on getting better and better.

Pros

Waybook is a great knowledge management software, I like the user interface and the overall positive user experience that Waybook provides me and my team with. Waybook provides a great structure when building SOP’s and guidelines.

Cons

I would love to see a smoother experience and format when exporting to PDF, this is something minor and doesn’t take away from all the great stuff that Waybook provides.

Reasons for switching to Waybook

Waybook provides me with the structure and handholding needed to create the guidelines and SOP’s I need.

Response from Waybook

Hi Feras, Thank you so much for sharing your review and for your recommendation of Waybook. I'm so pleased to confirm that we're working on some improvements to PDF exports. I'll let you know if we open this up to beta testers or as soon as it's rolled out to all users. Really pleased to hear that you've found our templated structures and guidance to be beneficial. Really excited to watch your Waybook grow and to continue supporting you and your team!

Sam

Excellent Process, Doc and Knowledge Management Platform. 5 Stars!

Really positive. Looking forward to rolling it out to my newer team members after good feedback from existing employees.

Pros

I use Waybook to organise company processes and store knowledge docs. Had a great experience with it so dear and I currently love logging into it - Lovely UX - Organised layout - Great document control - Excellent support team

Cons

No real criticisms here aside from a selfish request for an iPad app. That would be great for my own workflow.

Reasons for choosing Waybook

Cost was a big issue and the UI was preferential to me. I also wanted to customise the platform with logos and domains.

Response from Waybook

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I'm very pleased to say that app support is on the roadmap! Really pleased that you're loving Waybook and our UX - we've put a lot of love into it, so really great to hear this feedback. Also, personally very pleased to see that you're happy with our support team. You know where to find us if you need any help in the future. Excited to continue watching your Waybook evolve.

William

November 2022

Waybook is the backbone of business. It’s all there to help me scale

My overall experience has been fantastic

Pros

It’s a straight forward tool that allows you to show and build value in your business.

Cons

It’s not available as an app yet, which would be amazing as I would like to create more SOP guidance on the go.

Reasons for choosing Waybook

All the features you need in one place.

Response from Waybook

Will, Thank you so much for your review! We love working with you and your team, and are really excited to launch mobile support for you in the future to help your team access and collaborate on new SOPs on the go! I'll be in touch as soon as we open mobile support up to early testers and you know where we are if you need anything in the meantime. Elle and the Waybook team

Lisa

Excellent product

I have recommended Waybook to anyone who will listen. It's streamlined so many processes for us.

Pros

This has simplified our onboarding process so much. I like that there is a variety of ways of presenting our information as well so that onboarding isn't quite so dry.

Cons

I find it difficult if someone leaves us but uses the same email address. I wish I could reset their progress.

Response from Waybook

Lisa, Thank you so much for your review! I'm so pleased we've been able to simplify your onboarding process and help you to add some variety to it - onboarding can be fun after all! We love this feature request and I'm pleased to confirm that it is something that our product team is actively exploring. I've made sure your account has been tagged so you'll be the first to know when we open this feature up to early testers. Thanks again for your kind feedback and do not hesitate to get in touch if there's ever anything we can do to help! Elle and the Waybook team

Nuno Filipe

Industry: Machinery

A fantastic tool you can't miss!!

Very good, totally recommended.

Pros

I like the easiness of Waybook, it is a very intuitive app and has the flexibility of inserting all types of content. You can even take quizzes to make sure people understood everything and get a track record of who see the procedures. Very, very good app. Totally happy!

Cons

I did not find any point to be unhappy but I'd like to see a near future the multi-language feature. We run 2 countries and it would be awesome to be able to publish documents in 2 different languages and any given user would see it for his language.

Reasons for choosing Waybook

Waybook serves different purposes. We are using another tool to automate processes but Waybook is the tool where they get defined.

Reasons for switching to Waybook

We find Waybook more straightforward to be our single source of truth in that relates to company knowledge.

Response from Waybook

Hi Nuno Filipe, Thank you so much for your review and recommendation of Waybook. I'm so pleased to see that you're finding Waybook to be easy to use. We've invested a lot of time into making sure our UI is simple and easy for you to get started without any need for additional platform training. Also really happy to see that we've been able to help you to consolidate your tech stack and centralise your important business processes and documents. Really excited to continue supporting you and your team, as well as watching your Waybook grow. If we can ever help, you know where we are.

Jay

February 2022

Finally a cost effective tool to easily map out your systems and processes!

Pros

I loved how easy it is to set up and organize your systems and processes in an easy way that makes sense. I just started documenting our processes but what I love is its easy enough that once I learn the system, I should be able to delegate much of this to another member on my team to build out.

Cons

So far I' liked everything, especially the more I dive in. I would have to say when I first logged in the very first time, it was a little overwhelming to see all the preloaded templates but once I started clicking around I noticed they were just included to make it easier and see the range of uses this can be used to document. In fact, as a small business owner this showed me some processes that i need to develop that i didnt even know about.

Response from Waybook

Thank you so much for your review, Jay! I'm so pleased that you've found Waybook to be easy to set up and that you feel confident about delegating to another member of the team. We're firm believers in teamwork and encourage all Waybook users to share the load and invite collaborators to help them build out their SOPs and policy documents. Noted on your feedback regarding our template structures. I'm pleased to say that we're working on a new version of templates and actively trying to reduce any initial overwhelm when you first hop into the tool. However, good to know this also helped you to highlight possible gaps in your existing documentation and look forward to watching your team and your Waybook grow!

Replied February 2022

Your business, on the same page

I came across Waybook by chance as i was looking for a way to streamline my company's documents and processes. Now instead of having to send multiple e-mails or clarifications from staff, they can just access the platform at their own time to get the information they need. Being able to track if they actually have viewed the content is a great plus! Overall i love the product and it definitely has made an impact on our business in terms of productivity and time.

Pros

Customer service is top notch. I get proper and professional responses within 24 hours. I also appreciate their willingness to explore how issues can be solved as well as their transparency on the product roadmap. It is really easy to use and has the minimum features you need to start onboarding employees and getting them on the same page with your company's SOPS and other information.

Cons

Waybook is quite fresh. Features are quite limited and based on their roadmap it could take some time. I was a little disappointed with the security features and limitation with using Waybook as a means to get staff's acknowledgement on new polices and processes. That being said, i have been assured that these are features that are coming soon.

Response from Waybook

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! I'm so pleased to hear your interactions with our support team have been great so far. We're incredibly proud of them and as the Waybook community are core to helping our team direct product development, we're always open to your feedback, feature requests and suggested updates. As a growing business ourselves, we completely understand how frustrating onboarding new team members was before Waybook so I'm over the moon to know we're having a positive impact on your business' productivity and saving you time sending individual emails whenever something changes. You know where we are if you need anything along the way! Elle

Replied June 2021

Emily

Systems = Profits

Wow, this is the roadmap to your business success. It turns an amateur entrepreneur into a thought leader of your field of business. Assists with setting up and documenting each and every process of your business with ease. Get clarity about your business, get help to identify the weak areas, and focus on the ones which can help you grow.

Pros

Streamline systems and processes of your business Make employee training and onboarding easier Easy to set up and use Amazing guidance to document your processes

Cons

The initial templates may not be directly relevant to your business. Needs some guidance from the customer support team through 1:1 which are offered.

Response from Waybook

Hi Emily, Thank you so much for your review. I particularly loved this line: "It turns an amateur entrepreneur into a thought leader of your field of business". I'm so pleased to hear that you feel this way and that we've been able to support you in streamlining your systems and processes, creating the central source of truth essential for any growing business looking to scale efficiently and build an unstoppable team. We're actively working to improve our templates and I'd love to chat to you a little more about this. If you did have any ideas or had time to sit and chat templates, please get in touch and we'll set this up. Really excited to continue watching your Waybook grow!

Ankit

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Scale your business with Waybook

Overall - fantastic tool and can't wait to see how Waybook and their team evolve in the coming days.

Pros

First thing first, Hands down one of the best onboarding experience in a Saas tool i've experienced. Out of all the tools I have bought from AppSumo - their onboarding definitely stands out. The user interface is clean and slick. Very easy to navigate around. Moreover, after a bit of stalking, it seems like the team is good. I am in the process of having a bunch of how to's and SOP for my team to be created. Once its done - I want to have them not bug me anymore and just refer to the SOP, saving tons of times and resources in the mean time. This way user community can create editable SOP library covering various industries, sectors and trades and the library grows big, while attracting new users as well.

Cons

Nothing much of a Con, they are a relatively newer company. I suggested the team to make SOP's publicly shareable links if possible, which they're considering. Moreover, I would recommend the team to invest in 1) Have SOPs template library being shared amongst users of Waybook. 2) Consistently create other SOP's and template library.

Response from Waybook

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation, Ankit. I'm so pleased to hear your feedback on our onboarding - we're really proud of this and really glad you found it to be valuable. We're chuffed to know we're already saving you time and look forward to continuing to grow with you and your team! Elle

Replied May 2021