• Pros

• "Updated technology with wonderful fast service I would highly recommend this to my co-workers and Friends"

• "Image recognition removes all the boundaries of the automation, nice concept and a decent tool."

• "Good OCR and scaling feature for image based automation"

• Cons

• "It's very hard to find something. Occasionally we do have weird connection errors BUT these have always been resolved rapidly by the Eggplant Support team which is also absolutely fantastic. "

• "Takes a little bit to load, Search engine sometimes doesn't recognize what I want"

• "I have zero things that I dislike about Eggplant.."

Browse Eggplant Reviews

Jay from Wipro Ltd

Great UI Automation Tool

I used egg plant to automate some of our test cases for patient monitors that was not possible otherwise with other automation tools. Eggplant is a great tool if you have to do UI automation. But i would recommend to evaluate alternate tools as well since there are many tools available in the market today.

Pros

Eggplant is great. It is so easy to learn and use. Scripting syntax is easy to understand and master. Can be used for UI automation at multiple platforms making the tool very extensible . The test platform is robust and the support is great if you need help.

Cons

Its very easy to learn and create simple scripts in no time, but it requires some training and study to do complex scripting to achieve automation goals. Very rarely it might happen that the tool reports false positive since tool works based on OCR engine, Have not happened to me yet but i don't trust OCR engines a lot.

Jeffrey from Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Eggplant: Feature-packed Automation

We are reducing the amount of testing time spent on Epic integrated testing.

Pros

1. Support - If I have a question, I can ask via email and have an answer within 24 hrs. 2. Feature-rich - Eggplant is not just automation...it's also automation management. 3. Simple - Eggplant is very simple to learn, yet incredibly powerful.

Cons

1. Complicated installation - I understand why RFD/VNC is required, but I wonder if there isn't a more secure method of connecting to SUT's. 2. I don't have enough time to do everything I want to with Eggplant!

Reasons for Choosing Eggplant

Eggplant was the only solution that had a proven track record with automating Epic.

James from Language Services

Opinions from a Developer acting as QA

Overall, I am very pleased with the software and it has helped us to catch some bugs that would have went into production without it. Many of my complaints with it have to do with Eggplant not being a part of my main work and would be ironed out if I was given more time to give it a gold plating.

Pros

I liked that it allowed for direct screen capture of the SUT and gave us a way to emulate user interaction on multiple platforms with minimal code change required for each device type. But on top of all of that ease of capture, still had a robust scripting language in SenseTalk to allow us to make custom reusable code to really maximize the value.

Cons

The reporting in Eggplant Manager leaves a lot to be desired. I have tried a few times to create a report that will give me the failure/success ratio of my tests but am not able to figure out exactly how to do that without downloading the data and writing something on my own.

Reasons for Choosing Eggplant

Test RTC wouldn't have been testing the right thing for us and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] recommended against us purchasing it.

Kyoung Rock from Wisestone Ltd.

Almost perfect on MacOS, a little flaws on Windows

If it was not the ML-DL research level requirement, I could automate anything. It was much faster and more elaborate than me, a very experienced tester. The more I try to use it, the more applications I can have and the variety of techniques I can use. The downside is that the limits of my imagination are immediately visible. So that I had to learn more testing skills and domain-specifics.

Pros

Easy to use. But in fact, it's not easy for non-English people. For example, is really easy to read and understandable, but if there are more code lines like as conditional, comparison and repeat syntax, etc., most beginners who are non-English speaker seemed to give up learning.

Cons

1) It works much better on macOS than on Windows. Perhaps this is due to the completeness of the OS itself. However, the inconvenience caused by the lack of completeness of Windows can give the new user an experience that the products are not good. 2) I know the VNC-protocol is the heart of Eggplant Functional. But I look forward to providing faster, more up-to-date connectivity technology.

Sam from Studio

Without doubt the best automation software around!!

We could be here all day! Its excellent and I would and have not hesitated to recommend it to colleagues and employees at other companies. The support and information online is first class, the staff are friendly, approachable and accommodating and do not hesitate to set up calls if additional support is required.

Pros

We used Eggplant Functional and DAI to implement an automation framework for a number of different systems, after initially using a C# based Selenium framework. By making the move to Eggplant we slashed our delivery times and provided a more reliable, robust automated solution. What could have taken us 3 - 4 weeks to achieve in Selenium, took us 1 - 2 days in Eggplant.

Ankur from EBRD

This tool need improvement

Its a decent tool with image recognition concept thought hard to do some complex coding in this tool that is the limitation of sense talk.

Pros

Cons

1.They should have supported some other languages like python or java, sense talk is really limited and really hard to find help on the google. Trust me yesterday only i have spend my 1 hr of time just to find sub-string method in eggplant. 2.Improve you ocr tool bar, if you search any text it should get visible in the ocr tool, need improvement some times it becomes quite confusing.

Reasons for Switching to Eggplant

as selenium is only for web-based application

Prateek from Capgemini

Good image based tool

Great tool and have all the capabilities to automate any type of application which provide platform independent feature

Pros

Good OCR and scaling feature for image based automation

Cons

slow with other programming languages like Java compare to sensetalk

Richard from Hotwire Media

Previously Site Confidence Web Performance

The experience with Site Confidence was very positive one, the support team were second to none, very knowledgeable and always willing to go the extra mile

Pros

Having the ability to use synthetic or real user monitoring (RUM) gave a true "outside the firewall" understanding of user experience. Our belief was that if the lights were green internally there were no issues, however, our end users aren't within our firewall and calling us to tell us that the system was down.

Cons

The platform was slightly dated when we used it, however, they rolled out a new interface which although was better looking, took a little time to get to grips with. Within a few days the old interface was a thing of past as we adopted the new version.

Carole from Liam Web Solutions

Eggplant Review

Performance monitoring, which is both real and synthetic monitoring..

Pros

I like how Eggplant allows rapid advancement of AI-assisted for testing user experience in one location. Eggplant has a very intuitive interface. I like Eggplant because it is easy to search and sign up via any internet enabled device. Finally, Eggplant has a colorful design. That enables users to navigate the whole application.

Cons

I have zero things that I dislike about Eggplant..

Anna from Entrepreneur

So impressed by this company page

I would rate my overall experience 5 Stars I would highly recommend it to any office who wanted updated wonderful fast Tech

Austin from MCANTA

Austin's Review of Eggplant Software

I am impressed at how quick it is to get started with Eggplant Software.

Pros

I have used other automation scripting tools before but what I found set Eggplant out far away from those other tools is the ease of script creation and DAI modeling. I can see how modeling an application and the bug hunting in DAI can lead to better testing and more bugs being found. I have heard from peers that test frameworks that randomly crawl an applications UI find a 'surprising amount of bugs.' I REALLY like the video certification tutorials.

Cons

I have found a few bugs and sometimes the plain text language mixed with the coding scheme do not make sense to me. By this I mean, I would rather say myArray[2] vs get the third item of myArray. I sometimes have to look up how to say something in Eggplant even though I know how to do it in a coding way. I do get confused sometimes because some references to items are written much like in java or Python such as referencing a file and function like -- myFile.myFunction(). Overall I would say my experience is good.

Reasons for Choosing Eggplant

Ease of use and modeling.

Reasons for Switching to Eggplant

Easier to use and create test automations Modeling