• Pros

• "ease of use. I LOVE that your calcs are saved and anyone can access them at anytime in the event someone is covering your pipeline."

• "This software is easy to use and user friendly. "

• "The breakdown of sections for each type of income and for REO are fantastic!"

• Cons

• "There are no cons for this; however, the navigation can be improved further. Summary of borrower and co-borrower income can be placed side by side followed up by detailed analysis ."

• "Everything is good about the software.However it look great if we have less tab in the software"

• "As such there are no cons; however, would like the UberWriter to improve the navigation and provide analysis on certain line items which usually other worksheets do not use."

Browse UberWriter Reviews

Ankit from Better Mortgage

UberWriter -The Best!

Excellent tool

Pros

One of the best tool available in the mortgage industry. Instead of using worksheets, I prefer UberWriter as it provides a detailed description of item along with warnings for income which do not meet the guideline. Such warning are helpful in avoiding errors.

Kimberly from FirstBank

Great for new and seasoned underwriters

Pros

The team at Uberwriter are extremely responsive and great to work with. They keep up with the guideline changes made by all of the agencies and update the income calculator quickly. Because things can change a good bit, having the changes in red with the guide reference is extremely helpful. There is no kind of income that can not be consistently calculated with Uberwriter, regardless of the users experience level.

Cons

The only changes I would like to see made in Uberwriter are a net income calculator by state for VA loans, a calculator built in for more accurate percentage of non-taxable earnings when grossing up this type of income, and possibly an option for 80/20 meals & entertainment for over the road truck drivers. Overall, there is nothing I don't like about using Uberwriter. Keep up the great work!

Tom from NOVA Home Loans

Great evidence we thoroughly reviewed the income and debt portion of the loan file. So far every outside auditors have been impressed with our files.

Pros

Easy to use. Follows agency guidelines. System and income warnings appear to be updated regularly. Tutorials available to staff. Income trending - Makes it easy to compare to agency guidelines. Might consider including the income trending graph on/in the output.

Cons

Because we are post-closing, all our review documents are converted to a PDF and saved to a individual borrowers file. Sometimes the printed material on the report will be split between two pages. Also, at times there is a lot of pages printed with no information on them. Example - File number 457480/loan number 0922193901

Thomas from FirstBank Mortgage

uberwriter

worthless, don't know how to use it, tried to ask was told 'go watch a video'- not how you win customers

Pros

nothing, don't know how to use it and the training is nonexistent

Cons

lack of help to learn how to use it, the approach of telling me to go watch a video to learn is worthless

Best Tool in the Mortgage Business

100% satisfied and will be looking to purchasing a subscription at my new company.

Pros

I can't stop raving about Uberwriter. Way better than LoanBeam, way better than any FNMA/FHLMC excel tool. When I left my previous company the only thing I missed was Uberwriter. It's easy to use and most importantly if you look at what it does, you can learn how it calculates income so you can speak to it better. It handles everything on the taxes from Corp Income to Real Estate- anything on your Schedule E. And my favorite it calculates liquidity on balance sheets.

Cons

It was all great! May take a few tries to get it figured out but it's intuitive and easy to use after that.

Kushal from Better Mortgage

UberWriter - Amazing underwriting tool!

UberWriter is one of 'The Best' product I have ever used in my career in the Mortgage Industry.

Pros

The ease of use is no match with other sheets or software used anywhere in this industry. Additionally, it is helpful in taking an appropriate decision in terms of income as it minimizes errors and provides helpful pop up which indeed helps a lender avoid repurchases.

Jean from Heritage Bank NA

Uber Writer = Income analysis + Easy

This software helps us with compliance especially with regard to fair lending. It helps my lenders ensure that they look at income on every loan the same way.

Pros

I love that it consistently updates to the changes in rules and regulations for representatives. I love that I know that my income calculations will be the same no matter who on our team calculates it. That consistency is vital to fair lending, compliance and overall a strong loan portfolio!

Cons

One update made it so that you now have to change it every time you want to search all files. I was hoping that down the road I will be able to set my preferences. I review many people's work, so it would be nice to not just search the recent files.

Kapil from Better Mortgage

UberWriter

As per organization, this is a useful tool for the mortgage industry. We can do perfect income calculations from this tool including wage & self-employment as well. Also, UberWriter provides the perfect income calculation hence we need to do any second thought which is a best part of UberWriter.

Pros

This software is easy to use and user friendly.

Cons

UberWriter should change some graphical effects those will increase more interest to use this tool for the mortgage income calculations. Also, UberWriter can update with the income calculation formulas which will reflect into UberWriter.

Richa from Accenture

Overall the experience with Uberwriter has been very beneficial and has been a great tool in underwriting files.

Pros

It's helpful and easy to use. The income report is easy to read for both me and loan officers or processors that may need to read them. The layout of the input is great and follows most paystubs and tax returns for self employed borrowers.

Cons

Not too much of an issue. Sometimes documents are converted to a PDF and its shows some error and printed material on the report will be split between two pages.

Kelsey from Freedom Mortgage Corporation

Great at helping calculate income

Pros

I like that it breaks down monthly income for the last 2+ years so you can see the trend in income. I like that different types of earnings are separated. Very easy to use once you get the hang of it

Cons

I wish the website could calculate income if you enter it as a formula (similar to Excel where you can add a bunch of numbers together and once you press enter, the Sum is populated). When using paystubs to calculate earnings and the borrower has a bunch of "regular earnings", you have to open up your calculator and add all the earnings together and then type that number into Uberwriter.

Barb from Freedom Mortgage

Uberwriter Review

Pros

Cons

a bit cumbersome to start, but now that the learning curve is over it is good. There are only 3 true cons that I can think of, when you are inputting SSI, pension that type of income, Uberwriter defaults to grossing up which isn't used in all cases. For properties on the REO, if you have to delete an entry, it doesn't actually delete the entry you chose, but the one immediately below it and leaves the one you meant to delete. When you are inputting information that may have a tip that pops up in Uberwriter, it comes up every time you put data into that field. For example, other expenses under REOs when they have HOA dues. Not too much of an issue when there is only 1 or 2 other REOS, but when you have many more like 32 (yes that really happened) that is 64 times you have to click ok to acknowledge the message that pops up.

Tammy from Bay Equity Home Loans

Excellent Underwriting Tool

I am in underwriting and I have noticed a marked improvement in the accuracy of the income figures calculated by the front-end staff. They are being warned when their income trends are of concern, are given recommended income to use for qualifying, and are told when they are entering figures in a field that is not typically used.

Pros

I like the option to pick my loan product, the ability to annualize variable income types, the comparitive analysis and solvency calculator. I appreciate the pop-up warning boxes when entering things in the "less common" fields - it is a great reminder to all of our processing staff to double check what they are adding.

Cons

I dislike the fact that when using certain income options for 1065 or 1120S companies, the corporate income (depreciation, amortization, etc) do not calculate into the total and we have to do that manually. I also think it is odd that the software has rounding issues - sometimes the income is off by 1 cent, so we have to select "user override" and type the amount in that field in order for the total to be accurate.

Samad from Better.com

Income calculations

It is very useful to train the new underwriters and in case of any update or complicated situations provided video works great in solving the doubts.

Pros

It is very easy to calculate the income on uberwriter and the beautiful thing is you will get a detailed report generated which you and further reviewer of the loan can check.

Cons

It gets like a processing work mostly in rental income calculation.Underwriter always love the reverse calculation in rental income starting from the net rental income and then adding back the insurance,taxes, interest, and depreciation etc.

Pam from FirstBank

So Helpful

The customer service level is above and beyond what I would expect - while the website may not always function perfectly, I always get a timely and personal response when I email for help.

Pros

What I like most about Uberwriter is that it has so many different calculations available for me in one place.

Cons

There is no option for calculating income from assets for USDA loans. There is one that can be used for 401k type income, but when calculating Annual Income for USDA, that is not the only type of asset we have to look for.

Patricia from FirstBank Mortgage

Uber Use

I resisted using it at first because I had my set way of calculating everything but once I started using it, I couldn't believe how easy it is and how much time it saves me!

Pros

The breakdown of sections for each type of income and for REO are fantastic!

Cons

Calculations when there are gaps in employment can't be adjusted (#of mos to consider). Several times I've had a borrower who left a company and then came back in the same yr and there is no way to analyze but on the pro side, you can go in manually and adjust averages.

Cristina from Freedom Mortgage

UberEasy

In my opinion, it has really helped improve the UW process by making it more efficient.

Pros

I like report that is provided that shows the break down of the income calculation. I like all the features it provides and how Uberwriter can tailor to different loan products and customize each income calculation recommendations to coincide with the loan product. In addition, when a calculation has been inputted previously it's less work if the data is inputted correctly.

Cons

There's not much to say about what I least like, but I did not like that if I had previously input an income calculation, someone else can change it after me within the same calculation report; however, there is a new feature where the calculation report can be copied and worked on with out altering the original report.

Best Income Calculation software for UW

It provides us best Income calculation experience. This is very accurate software to calculate Income.

Pros

1. It is the best software so far I have used for Income calculation. 2. It provides all logics with the explanation, How Income should be calculated. 3. It explains all FNMA guideline related to Income with proper logic. 4. One can understand Income guideline better in Uberwriter then FNMA guidebook

Cons

As of now I see nothing which I like least in Uberwriter

Dawn from Freedom Mortgage

I Love UberWriter

Pros

I like from beginning of the process to the end the income worksheet is shared with all colleagues that have access to UberWriter. I also like that UberWriter stays up to date with guideline changes so if you choose the right program the application is set up for that particular program.

Cons

The only thing I wish had additional fields is the regular employed borrower. We have several employees that receive additional types of pay and there is no designated spot for that. i.e. Auto reimbursement. Night Diff. Longevity. etc.

Tamara from Freedom Mortgage

Uberwriter

Pros

The comments section. I use it a lot to explain what I did and what I had to work around in the system

Cons

The W-2 earnings calculations are great for someone who has been at their job for 3 or more years. But for someone who just started, or started within the last 3 years, it doesn't work unless you do NOT put a start date/hire date in the designated box. Often, based on the income type, an average over 2 or more years is needed, regardless of whether the borrower has been with the current employer all that time. OR, the UW wants to see earnings history average for prior years to support current earnings level (i.e. comparison of earnings year to year).

Rahul from Better Mortgage

Review for UberWriter

I am into the Quality Control profile and using UberWriter has helped me a lot in reviewing the loan files.

Pros

1. The ease with which the person can use the software 2. The guidelines preview while inputting any value is exceptional. 3. The updates received from UberWriter about the guidelines and other agency changes is foremost the best in the industry. 4. The video library provide an exclelent problem solving option.

Cons

There's nothing much I would like to change about this software.

BONNIE from FREEDOM MORTGAGE

FHA and VA - tax return analysis

benefits are conformity. easy to use. follow the instructions. I really like this.

Pros

love just following the steps, avoids errors

Cons

we need to be able to addback interest, insurance, and taxes on rental properties. Also, we need to be able to subtract meals and entertainment for self employed borrowers. then it would be perfect.

Yan from Mortgage Mavens

Awesome Software with Solid Results

I have been with Uberwriter for quiet some time. I have even asked for features that they added. The fact that the management and employees listen to their clients and then make the appropriate changes is a rare thing in business these days. This software and its employees will go a long way since clearly they listen and service their clients.

Pros

I love the fact that I can double check my number and the numbers of my employees in order to assure accurate income calculations. The best part is that I can add multiple employment calculations 1099, W-2's and K-1 then print out the calculations and turn them into the UW for review.

Cons

There is not much I dont like but i would like to see the ability for better reporting information on the print out sheet

Laura from Freedom Mortgage

Uberwriter from a Quality Assurance Perspective

I review loans prior to funding and post funding. I have found since my company started using Uberwriter that issues with income calculation have decreased dramatically.

Pros

I like Uberwriter because the software guides the user through every income scenario, provides recommended income analysis and Agency guideline warnings.

Cons

There have been times I will try to access the library through Uberwriter and I usually get an error message or it kicks me off of the page. This can be frustrating.

Rahul from Better

Income Analysis made easy and helps in comparing income trend

Great,Specially income section.

Pros

Make very easy to calculate the income and compare the trend through charts and tables. It helps us to ideal income for qualification.

Anil from American Heritage Capital

underwriter Support

Great experience while working on uberwriter, I am new in underwriting and uberwriter make my life easy.

Pros

User Friendly, And graphical representation make simple to understand.

Cons

Need to provide more details related to agency guideline for all situation. Whats the agency requirement and are we fulfilling agency requirement or more details need to be mention for calculation.

Candi from Bay Equity

I LOVE UberWriter!

I have loved using UberWriter. It is so much easier when my team also uses it, we rarely have disputes over income calculations anymore.

Pros

That I never have to wonder what I was thinking when I calculated income, it's right there!

Cons

That the feedback for a simple income calculation is 4 pages and that the income calculation as it appears on the screen does NOT print.

April from TDECU

Feedback

Pros

Pros: Ease of use, and warning messages to catch your eye in unusual income situations

Cons

Cons: Sometimes the rental income for rental properties is not accurate

Margaret from Freedom Mortgage

It has been great, 100% improvement over our previous income worksheets.

Pros

Easy to use, update and make changes. Already has guidelines for each product line, FHA, Conv, VA, etc.

Cons

Sometimes the search for existing file does not always come up by the loan number but it can always be found by ID or name.

RHEA from FREEDOM MORTGAGE

MY REVIEW OF UBERWRITER

Pros

It's efficient in calculating all types of income

Cons

The rental calculator does not allow for us to add back mortgage interest, taxes, insurance, etc for non subject properties, even though guides allow for this. I have to use an external site when calculating rental income.

Christie from Freedom Mortgage

So user-friendly!

I have had nothing but a positive experience. The one time I did need assistance, I received a timely and informative response. My issue was resolved quickly and easily.

Pros

I like that it is very user-friendly, especially with the aspect of changing calculation methods accordingly, per loan product type. It is nearly impossible to do an incorrect income calc with this software!

Cons

I can't say I have any complaints! I am a huge fan of this software!

My UberWriter experience

Overall, I had a satisfactory experience using the product, if the above cons could be fixed, it would be perfect I guess.

Pros

- Formating used for reports are very intuitive to go read and go over even for relatively inexperienced officers - The solvency calculator feature is a great plus - Automated warnings and pop-ups are really helpful in case of errors and for first-time users

Cons

- Doesn't seem to be optimised for self-employed entrepreneurs - Calculations for rental properties are a bit off in some scenarios - Search indexing for loans can be confusing. It doesn't seem to work with the loan identity number

David from Equitable lending

Best Software Program For Income Analysis

my overall experience is smooth and could not have asked for any other software program to be used in the mortgage industry

Pros

the Pros to this software are almost unlimited, you can do over 30+ income types, with income warnings depending on which agency you are using. the ease of the system and easy to understand the income is what every lender needs to be able to accurately calculate income

Cons

there is no cons to this program, because i cant think of any

Jennifer from Freedom Mortgage

UberWriter Review

LOVE. Training previously was excellent. keep up the GREAT work!

Pros

Cons

I wish you can add a type of income on the income screen vs going back to where you enter the borrowers information. I have had borrowers that have several 1120S and have to go back and fourth between screens.

Christine from Freedom Mortgage

Income analysis made easy!

I really enjoy using the product, it has taken a task that would take some time and streamlined it.

Pros

how it shows you immediately your options on what income to use.

Cons

the UREs I wish it would give analysis like what lines where from schedule A, ect. if add backs,

Kelsey from Freedom Mortgage

Fabulous Income Tool

Pros

I like that it shows the averages (base, YTD, YTD+12 months, YTD+24 months, etc.) for each type of income (Base, OT, Bonus, etc.) and recommends which income amount to use.

Cons

Cant think of anything & do not have any complaints.

Sara from Freedom Mortgage Corporation

Mortgage Underwriter

WONDERFUL!!!

Pros

I love the ease of using it. It walks you through all the line items on self employed borrowers. On variable income it offers all the averages for the income

Cons

So far I have honestly not found anything I don't like

Kim from Freedom Mortgage

Great worksheets!

Pros

I love how multiple income types are available for underwriters to use to calculate their borrowers' income. I also love the Help and Library tabs which offer additional training videos for the user.

Cons

So far it's been great in the time I've used the software. Perhaps additional "info" buttons throughout the worksheets may be helpful to show agency guidelines or tips.

Rohit from Better

One-Stop destination

You just have enter the values and get the multiple options of Income, that can be used. This is amazing thing about uber-writer. Secondly, pop-up explanation with fields of inputs is awesome.

Pros

Easiness to use. Overall speed of the software and navigation is easy to understand.

Cons

I don't see any cons in my field of work. I use Income calculation part of it only. And it is simply the one stop destination.

steve from freedom mortgage

Uberwriter review

Overall, income calculations have become more efficient and uniform.

Pros

simplifies difficult income calculations and includes helpful guidelines.

Cons

report page can have a lot of info that makes it difficult to read.

Kim from Freedom Mortgage

Ease of calculating income

I am able to calculate the income with ease and add with comments the reason I have not used the income the system has calculated.

Pros

It's pretty straight forward and easy to use.

Cons

The REO section can be difficult to complete.

Guyllian from Freedom Mortgage

Uberwriter Underwriter Review

Overall experience is great, it was definitely step up from our old income calculator.

Pros

It is very intuitive. Relatively easy to use as well.

Cons

There's many clicks needed to get to a certain function.

Charlynne from Freedom Mortgage

Uberwriter

Pros

I like most that the software is easy to navigate , and self explanatory.

Cons

I don't like that it has several tabs, if it was condensed it would make it extremely efficient.

Ginger from FirstBank

Uberwriter

I've been processing for many, many years and have always liked to do a lot of things manually but the ease of Uberwriter on both W2'd borrowers as well as self-employed, has won me over.

Pros

The ease and friendliness of the software.

Cons

Nothing that I don't like; sometimes it seems a little slow to move from screen to screen.

Tammy from Freedom mortgage

Senior Underwriter

Pros

able to see the over income trend and evaluate red flags

Cons

not able to swap borrower from borrower to co-borrower

Chandra from Freeom Mortgage

makes life easier

Great it stops the guessing and having to stop and look up the guideline to see what items can an not be counted for the specific program and product.

Pros

Makes calculating income easy. Mark the program box and it will show you what boxes need completed.

Cons

I wish it would keep you logged in longer.

Joshua from Freedom Mortgage

Helpful Tool

Helps to easily calculate income used for loan qualifications. Makes it in a easy format to read. Helps with better understanding of all income types.

Pros

easy to use and layout of information. Helps walk you through inputting income numbers

Cons

when inputting debt. Do not like using this feature.

Sonya from Freedom Mortgage

Underwriter review

Pros

Ease of use and ability to edit other users

Cons

Inability to swap borrowers names/information

joseph from freedom mortgage corporation

User friendly tool useful to all mortgage companies

I am content with the use of uberwriter compared to old income calc options

Pros

The fact that everything is all in one place. I am not flipping programs to do REO income calcs.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little glitch and the buttons don't always work on the first click.

cheryl from Bay Equity Home Loans

Income Review

I use it to calculate complicated income and I really appreciate that the customer support is always quick and accurate.

Pros

This program helps me do my job. It is easy to use and keeps up on the current guidelines.

Cons

I really have no cons. It is easy to use and any situations get fixed right away

Jennifer from New American Funding

Extremely Helpful

UberWriter is my go to for up-to-date changes within the industry. Not only have I found all of the information to be accurate, I've found detailed reasoning behind anything posted. UberWriter is also the only mortgage income specific calculator that delivers spot on results.

Pros

The ease of using the software is incredible. Very user friendly without being confusing or throwing too much at you at once. The tutorials are key in the beginning, shows you step by step how to properly input all needed information.

Cons

Nothing. Very straightforward- if I had issues, I was able to email and get a prompt response.