Browse Built Reviews

Tyler from 800 Woodcrest LLC

Townhome Builder - Loan Servicing

Pros

The software was extremely intuitive and I really liked how our budget and essentially the AIA was loaded into the interface so we can select our draw items and easily see the progress we have made.

Cons

It could be a little challenging to understand at the beginning but after a couple construction draws I got more comfortable with the process.

Kelsey from Schneider Building Company

Highly recommend - Huge Time-Saver!

Onboarding was a bit shakey, but once we fully understand how the system worked, and worked out a few kinks in the first month, the time-saving element of utilizing this program has been through the roof. What was once a huge manual lift is now automated in numerous ways. My assistant and I are able to manage this aspect of our work remotely in a seamless way.

Pros

The key features are relevant and meet every use case our company experience. whether we want to pull information form ProCore, Quickbooks, or customize a lien waiver for a one-off scenario, Built can do it all. This has been a HUGE time-saver for our lean team.

Cons

Would be great to have a insurance certification tracker feature - which I hear is on the way.

Reasons for Choosing Built

LevelSet never got back to us, and still hasn't to this day. Built made it easy to get in contact with their team and made it happen, so we went with them.

Paul from Eichler Construction Group

Not our solution

We're canceling payments, but keeping the bridge and keeping waivers. The waivers tool is very helpful.

Pros

the waivers system is good and is easy to use.

Cons

money got lost. still hasn't been tracked down. once a payment is authorized, takes 5 days for money to land in payee's account, built did the technical setup of our account incorrectly.

Laurel from Delta Construction & Electric Co Inc

A great idea with some room for improvement

We haven't used it as much as we thought we would because most of our vendors have not filled out necessary documents to allow for ACH payments. If we could get more of our vendors to sign up to allow ACH payments I think we would have a lot more use for the software, which may just be something that comes with time. I do have to say though that customer support has been great anytime I have had a question and every person I have spoken to from the company have been friendly, professional and knowledgable about the software.

Pros

Built makes it easy to send lien release documents to our vendors for signing and saves them to the invoices which makes it easier to keep track of who has and has not signed release waivers. The ability to send lien releases directly from Procore has also made things a lot more streamlined.

Cons

Many of our vendors have not filled out the necessary documents to make ACH payments possible, so it would be nice if there was a way to time the sending of lien release documents with other methods of payment as well. A lot of the benefit of the software is that it is supposed to take a step out of the process by automatically sending the lien release with payment, but unless the payment is through ACH it still has to be manually completed, kind of defeating the appeal of the software.

Rachel from Peoples Bank

Built Review

Overall my experience with Built has been a positive one. The support team is fantastic and always responds quickly. That's really key in our success.

Pros

I like Built for many reasons but really the bottom line is that the way it works frees up a lot of manual time that we used to spend calculating and communicating back and forth with builders and borrowers on each draw. I like that it's transparent and all parties are hands on and involved in the process. It gives builders and borrowers the feeling of having more control and visibility on all aspects of the inspection and draw process. Another really key part I like about Built is their support team. They make it so easy and they respond almost immediately every time we need assistance or have questions.

Cons

I'd like to see the comments section updated so that when I look at a previous message that was sent out, I'd like to see who that message was sent to. For example; Did the message go out to both borrower and builder or just the borrower? I'd also like to see how many times notifications were sent out for draw approval. When we're waiting for an approval, I can only see when the last one was sent out. However, I normally only like to send out a maximum of three notifications and then if I still get no response, I reach out by a phone call to find out if something is wrong or what the reason is the draw is not getting approved. We don't wan to just keep sending notifications. So if Built could show all the times notifications have been sent out it would help a lot.

John from Profession

Medical

Overall pretty well there are however significant my functions when they hit they hit like a sledgehammer

Pros

Amazing to do what I can get accomplished and patient rooms

Cons

The moment malfunctions it’s a catastrophe to get it back running

Reasons for Switching to Built

Incredible difference service very amazed.

Diana from HiLine Homes

Built is extremely useful for General Contractors

Communication is the single most important factor--as soon as one person posts a comment, uploads a document, requests a draw or an inspection, everyone is informed.

Pros

The best part of using Built is the ability to have the homeowner, builder, and lender be on the "same page". All parties can see the current status of the loan, any open draws, all paid draws, and many other helpful items on a specific project. Communication is seen by all, documents uploaded are seen by all. When inspections occur, the photos are shared with all parties helping keep things very transparent. Transparency is huge in the building world!

Cons

I am not sure why I still see some jobs in my portfolio that were closed out a while back. I am not sure when they are supposed to drop off. It would be helpful if there were reminders to the Homeowner when they have not approved a draw after a certain amount of time.

Sally from Verity Home

Vendor Payments

We would have to say that it has solved the manual sorting and storing of in person waivers.

Pros

The ability for us for sorting by job or by vendor makes research a breeze!

Cons

Needing to have ability to pay vendor on multi projects with the ability to then sort by each project using the coding to do so. Should be a feature. Wish they could connect directly to our building Purchase Order system through App Integration, as we would instantly connect to remove manual work to create efficiencies.

Kent from Bell Homebuilders, LLC

Homebuilder and Developer Increases Efficiency with Built

Built has saved our organization a lot of time processing our draws. The product has shaved one to two days off the inspection process. I find myself sending more loan requests to the bank that utilizes Built because it makes me more efficient.

Pros

I love having complete control over our draws and inspections. Since Built is web based I can work order draws at my convenience.

Cons

There was a slight learning curve adopting the system to our processes, but Built support and our bank helped us adapt.

Denise from Mindful Designs

Lien Waivers

We have significantly reduced office costs by having this service. It is so easy to get them all sent out and remind people if they haven't signed yet. The download and archive buttons are great as well!

Pros

Integration was extremely simple and the customer service was great throughout the process!

Cons

The only thing I would change is the ability to upload lien waivers. Email is nice but it would be awesome if we could take a picture and text it!

Franco from Albarran Architects + Construction

Draw Requests Made EASY!

With Built, we're able to shorten the draw request process. In the past, depending on the bank, our draw request process would take up to 1-1/2 weeks to be approved and funded. With Built we've narrowed that process to 2 days - including funding!

Pros

The feature we liked the best was the online draw request and bank inspections. Built's online draw request platform made it extremely convenient for our clients to authorize and sign the draw request. Our clients would receive an email, review the draw request, then sign and authorize straight from their phone, tablet or computer. The bank would then receive the draw request, send their inspector and we would receive our funds within 24 hours of the inspection. With COVID-19, this platform made it very easy and safe for everyone. Our company is tech-forward and we're always looking for software to make the client experience seamless.

Cons

Integration into our business systems was easy.

Kelly from Keen Homes

Keen Homes

Overall experience is very positive. Seems like there is more of a learning curve for the banks in terms of how they set up each users accounts...Would imagine you share best practices among your bank customers. Surprisingly I have not heard any comments from other builders I know regarding this software but I know several use same lenders as me.

Pros

Software allows me to see most all my loans on dashboard. Most banks have different draw processes but Built requires they take consistent approach which benefits me. Would obviously like to see all my lending institutions go to this software.

Cons

If I fail to logoff when closing software I am required to basically login twice for the next session.

Megan from Southern Traditions

Works great

Pros

It is great to keep track of what we have been funded for our projects.

Cons

It is not user friendly on my mobile device. I need to be on my computer to get the most out of it.

lisa from Waltz Construction

saves time

helpful and makes my job easier

Pros

it cuts down on time for me: no cutting checks, waiting for them to be signed, mailing out then waiting for subcontractors to sign the unconditional waiver that I need.

Cons

people were wary of the link to sign up for this that I had to create an email regarding the process and the link to sign up. Did not look too professional-I got many calls asking if I sent it.

Krysti from Archerland LLC

Pros

Easy to use, efficient, and the fact that we can use it without having to call anyone.

Cons

seeing individual draws was hard to find

Melissa from Red Ledges Land Development

Great product

Pros

The product is pretty easy to use the customer support when we do have questions is pretty great as well

Cons

Not everything is user friendly and it takes us having to ask the questions to be able to use the software to its fullest potential

keegan from UBuildIt

Very Helpful

Pros

Built Has been great for managing the money for our construction loan and keeping track of where funds are going. Keeping us within our budget parameters and staying organized. It easily takes 8 to 10 hours of workload and organizing off your plate weekly.

Cons

Seemed Daunting at first and a lot to understand and tackle but got a handle of it.

Melissa from CMW Builders Inc

Construction

Pros

It's easy to use for requesting inspections and draws.

Cons

That I can't print out my budget out to review with the contractor.

Cory from Cp General/AC Burton Homes

So Simple!

I love it! I will recommend future clients to use the bank we set this up with, just to use this platform for the draw requests, inspections and payments.

Pros

The platform was very easy to navigate, has all the important information I need in one location for a draw request, and just very simple to use.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the platform