• Pros

• "It's a powerful product that I love using every day. Very, very happy."

• "The learning curve was easy and its very user friendly"

• "[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the tech support department was a great help and will be my go to when I need help with TMO. Friendly, professional and fast. It is greatly appreciated! "

• Cons

• "Tech support is wonderful but trying to find solutions to your questions on your own can be very difficult. The help functions are not thorough"

• "It's expensive, initial costs and monthly fees but it does so much of what we need. The only feature I have trouble with is the customized reports."

• "We struggled initially with a few features but utilized the vendor’s excellent tech support to resolve. Maintenance support is pricey but is top of the line."

Browse The Mortgage Office Reviews

Anisa from Advanced Capital Corp.

Long time user, first time reviewer. Stable, reliable tool. Strong support. Clean audits.

For what's out there, this tool works well. As far as I can see there is no holistic product that manages the lending side of a MIC, the capital side of a MIC, robust and standard accounting tasks (financial statement generation) and exempt market issuance. But this one works really well at getting me data that can be imported into the accounting system with minimal fuss and high accuracy. The more we use it and learn about it, the more time this tool creates for our MIC team.

Pros

Really like the ability to save customize fields and save query views as spreadsheets. Really like the ability to save reports and letters as spreadsheets (or .pdfs through the platform vs. via print to .pdf menus). Good audit trails for reports, changes, statements, etc. We're now learning how to better manage dates to result in reports that balance to our accounting program -- pretty good. Would have loved to have known that sooner. Support team are on site with the company and are well informed as to how the platform works -- pretty decent turnaround time for a company on the other side of the continent. I have a healthy respect for the support team's skills and knowledge.

Cons

Would love to have a hosted customer wiki or bulletin board where users could share tips and tricks. Would love to receive an email weekly with tips and tricks, did-you-know, or other implementation hints. Would love more information about stuff like how custom fields are added to the merge field list in custom letters -- using for years and just learned this. Tell us more about the nuances for customization and let us talk to each other and I think you'll have users for life.

Audrey from Community Lenders

No software is perfect...but this one is pretty close....and the customer support is top notch!

We have had a huge time savings using The Mortgage Office. ACH file is automatically generated at the click of a button. Loan payment input is simple. Monthly reports to our Lenders are generated and emailed right from the system. In the past we needed to scan the reports and e-mail them to the right people using our old system.

Pros

The software makes applying loan payments a breeze. We utilize ACH Express to remit monthly payments to our Lenders. That process is relatively easy. The creation of the NACHA file automatically by the system has saved us so much time. We used to have to manually load up that information, opening us up for human error.

Cons

The clickable items on the left had side of the home screen are a little clunky. We tend to use Tasks & Reports the most, and I find sometimes I have trouble finding it as it is a good way down the list and doesn't stand out.

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

The customer support people at LoanLedger were horrible to work with. The treated us as if they didn't need our business. They were rude and not helpful. I complained several times to their management and nothing changed. In addition to the lack of support, there were too many glitches with their product. (which is why we were constantly calling for support!)

Amy from August REI Holdings

Ease of Use for Servicing Residential Loans

Over the last 13years we have grown our business with The Mortgage Office. I appreciate the support team when we have questions or issues. We enjoy the Print & Mail service for 1099/1098s. The Custom Letters and Reports feature which utilizes Word's mail merge features.

Pros

From setting up a loan to applying payments and running escrow analysis. The software is full of features- Adjustable Interest Rates connected to WSJ - Not a Problem! End of Year Statements and 1099/1098s - Not a Problem! One of the Best Features is the Portal for both lenders and homeowners. Homeowners can make their payments on-line too!

Cons

It would like to be able to add the insurance information on the portal. The portal has continued to expand over the past years. I really like the 1099 and 1098 information being available on the portal.

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

The demo and the features!

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

We switched for the verbose options offered by TMO, the support team, the high quality reports and the credit reporting module.

July 2016

Joshua from Tideway Capital Group LLC

July 2016

Great Product / Weak Service

The sales pitch was outstanding. If you want to get someone on the phone from the sales team, boom - they're on. The software itself has been a godsend. We were doing all of our statements on Word and Excel, and we would spend ours getting everything right. As we've grown in size (we have over $150 million in loans outstanding now), we almost had no choice to buy software to help manage the behemoth we've become. We sampled some other cheaper software, but The Mortgage Office is clearly the best one out there. That doesn't mean it's perfect - I am not a big fan of the statements the software generates. For example, on an investor statement, the "interest paid in 2016" box at the top right of the statement shows the gross interest paid. I essentially want it to show the net interest paid (interest less servicing fees). There is an option to do that, but then the statement hides the servicing fees we charge our investors. I like to be transparent and show our investor what they are getting net, but also show them the servicing fees. To get this done The Mortgage Office wanted to charge huge sums of money to customize. I am also not a big fan of the investor statements in general, there are a lot of aesthetic issues that need to be fixed, but they refuse to do it unless I pay them. Regardless of the minor issues described above, the software is good and worth the money. My biggest gripe is with customer support. When you get the support team on the phone, they are incredibly polite and knowledgeable, and always solve my problems. I would give the 5 stars if I could. The reason I am giving them 2 stars is not because of them, they are great. They are just incredibly understaffed, and I've never gotten one of them on the phone. I have to leave a message, and they rarely get back to you same day. It usually takes 24-48 hours, which is just absurd in our business. I even told one of the owners that I am willing to pay a much higher monthly fee (it's about $175 per month for service) if they could staff properly and have people pick up the phone when you call. I would seriously pay about $500/month to make this possible. I am running a $150 million business, and I need to know that I can reach someone within minutes when I have a time sensitive question. This is the reason I would most likely not recommend this product. If they can resolve this issue I would give the company all 5 stars.

Pros

Great tool to track loans, monitor loans, produce useful reports, produce borrower statements that are accurate, produces decent lender statements, the customer service reps are very helpful and knowledgeable, the software is relatively easy to use once you really study it.

Cons

IMPOSSIBLE TO GET CUSTOMER SUPPORT ON THE PHONE - PLEASE RAISE MONTHLY SERVICING FEE IN ORDER TO HIRE MORE STAFF. I WILL GLADLY PAY MORE IF I KNOW I CAN GET SOMEONE ON THE PHONE RIGHT AWAY TO ANSWER A TIME SENSITIVE QUESTION, AS OPPOSED TO WAITING 24-48 HOURS FOR A RESPONSE.

Juanna from ACC Mortgage

Functional

The IT team is always happy and readily available to help resolve our issues. The teachings are also done in a manner that any elementary school kids should understand. We love the IT team!

Pros

The accessibility to navigate through the loans is easy. It's simple to understand and learn from.

Cons

Every time there is an update, they come with many glitches that impedes us to proceed with our normal workday. We spend several hours with the stupendous IT team.

Sohail from Sohail Badruddin/Home Key Servicing

TMO User

Pros

We have been using The Mortgage Office for several months and been very pleased with our experience. The software does everything we initially set out to accomplish and then some. The Mortgage Office has best in class reporting features which are a huge selling point for our clients. We have had several clients switch from other servicers primarily for the software's ability to generate adhoc reports online. Their support is second to none. Always responsive and very helpful. Our initial learning curve was made easy just because of the tremendous amount of support we received.

Cons

The software is hosted on a virtual computer and I wish it was web based. This is not really con. More so a personal preference.

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

The software is very robust with more features than other products. Better reporting. Accurate financial calculations.

Brett from Stadia Capital Group, LLC

Step Up Your Game

An exceptional system with an exceptional team backing the product.

Pros

TMO is industry specific software with 40+ years of experience that makes complex tasks and information management streamlined. The online client account portal not only saves us time by providing clients with the information they are seeking, but it also shows our clients we are serious about customer service.

Cons

to be determined.

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

After researching system options, it became clear that the Mortgage Office was in a category by itself. The question became should we take the leap to invest in the system. We did implement The Mortgage Office and we haven't looked back: It was one of our best decisions.

David from B & Z ASSET MANAGEMENT CORP

Mortgage Office software

Pros

Software is easy to use. Great security, and allows multiple lenders in each loan. Worked for us very well

Cons

I dont know any Cons at this time and i have been using it for over 10 years

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

This software did exactly what we needed. Also, they have good sales and support staff

Barry from Superior Loan Servicing

TMO and SLS

Well, it's been there for us from day one 11 years ago. It's safe to say that we would be lost without it

Pros

TMO is quite comprehensive and exhaustively detailed in its file-management capabilities.

Cons

I would prefer less bifurcation of the various modules and features that we find desirable

Faheem from Oppono Lending Company

Satisfied Customer

Pros

It does what it is suppose to. It was built with mortgage investment corporations in mind so it has most of what we require

Cons

The interface and ability to connect with other software providers. It is an area that is improving.

Julie from Community Business Lenders

Just getting started

The biggest problem we've solved is a significant decrease in the amount of time it took to process payments. Our old system would take almost an entire day to move funds and notify participants, and now that can be accomplished in a matter of minutes.

Pros

We've been using this product for about 18 months. It has streamlined our payment processing so much - we're much more efficient now, which is always a good thing with a small company. The system is able to handle participations in an almost seamless manner.

Cons

While quite a bit can be customized, we're having some challenges customizing some reports for our participants based upon the overall portfolio. And I wish there was a better way to handle a mid-cycle interest rate change.

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

We choose The Mortgage Office for its capability in processing payments, in handling participations, the expected ROI, and because of the people that support the product. Is it perfect? No, but with the enhancements that are being made it's getting darn close!

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

We needed something much more robust.

Jason from Cosman Mortgage Capital Corporation

Overall A quality software with minor amendments required

Very good. I would recommend it highly over the other options available on the market.

Pros

The software is the most comprehensive software on the market without going to customization. For a small to medium-size firm, I would highly suggest this to be your best solution.

Cons

There are certain issues with the software which should allow a bit of customization. In the mortgage industry, there are unique cases all the time, the software limits certain items rather than allowing the user to customize the options. There is typically a workaround, however, giving the user a bit more freedom would have been preferred. However, it is still the best non-custom software on the market.

Ease of use

April 2015

Evan from USI Servicing, Inc.

April 2015

Robust loan servicing package with institutional scalability

1: We have found TMO to be highly functional. TMO performs core loan servicing very well. The development team has a deep understanding of the private lending business. The learning curve is steep, so I recommend the 2 day course which is well worth the money you will spend and the time you will save by not doing things incorrectly. The compiled help is a great reference guide for intermediates or advanced users and is well maintained. 2: We have found TMO to be scalable. One of our requirements was deploying the software across multiple physical locations. Although we encountered initial hiccups in set up, these were due to MS Office (MSO) 2010's default security settings (TMO relies upon MSO to create its attachments via mail merge). Once our IT team pinpointed the MSO security settings issue (which was quite intricate and required updating registry keys), we were able to effectively scale to 2 client workstations in 1 physical location pointing back to a SQL server at an off-site data center. The option of upgrading to the SQL version (available as another add-on 'module') gave us the confidence in the beginning when we first purchased the JET (MS Access) version that the software is robust and scalable. Our SQL upgrade and proof of concept across multiple physical locations confirmed the software is robust and scalable, and this area of functionality has performed well for us. The SQL migration tool that ABS provides made the transition fairly seamless. 3: 'Sustainable' means the software should have a long shelf life and be upgraded on a regular basis. In our 3 years there have been numerous upgrades although some were unfortunately forced, and I can't recall much new functionality being added ' most of the updates were patches or new functionality for Loan Origination or other modules we were not using. However, the platform has been around (and augmented) for 30+ years. In summary, I think the software is robust and powerful, and I give the software development team top marks in creating and maintaining an excellent product. Also AJ Poulin their VP of Sales is a pleasure to deal with, is well respected in and has deep roots in the private lending industry, and has a lot of integrity.

Rick from The Suburban Group

Great Loan origination for small private money lender

Wouldn’t be such a long-time customer if we weren’t so happy with the overall product features, benefits and support.

Pros

After nearly 18 years as a user on dedicated local server, we made the switch to the cloud-based AWS version and couldn’t be happier. Timing was excellent as the pandemic followed soon after installation. A key benefit is this platforms now works on most all systems, including iOS. That’s great news for small operators like myself.

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

We did not want to have to toggle between programs or deal with unprofessional vendors. ABS/TMO was the obvious choice.

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

Prior vendor became problematic and declining customer support.

Nick from National Oil & Gas, Inc

Thankful for The Mortgage Office

The people that work there are friendly and honest. Every time I have talked to somebody they have gone out of their way to be open and truthful, even if it is not the answer we wanted to hear. I greatly appreciate it. This is true from our salesman (extremely wonderful), to the help desk and to our trainer. What really impressed me, during our training, If trainer did not know the answer, he did not try to pull the wool over our eyes and make some fictitious answer up to make himself look good. He just simply admitted that he did not know the answer and that he would research it and get back to us later. Which he did within the same day.

Pros

Before we had The Mortgage Office we had 300+ loans all on Excel Spreadsheets. We had to keep them there because of the "originality" of our notes. We could not find a software that could handle all of our quirks. Needless to say, working with our mortgages was extremely time-consuming. Not only is The Mortgage Office saving us massive amounts of time, But It CAN also handle all of our quirks. As a side note, their help desk is friendly and very knowledgeable.

Cons

The biggest con to this software is the setup, it takes time to do it correct. However, I would rather take the time to go through all the steps to set up a note and have all the information I need, compared to doing the minimal amount of setup and regretting it later. To be fair to The Mortgage Office, there is a way to upload all your existing notes via a CSV file, we just opted not to do it.

Annette from Capital for Change, Inc.

The software is so stable, I never experience downtime.

I've been using The Mortgage Office for 5 years. My monthly invoicing process went from being a 2-day challenge to a 2-hour piece of cake. My support needs are rare, but I still run into an occasional problem because I have entered something wrong and can't find it myself. Invariably the support staff is readily available, responsive, competent, and dedicated to getting me back on track. Plus the software is so stable, I never experience downtime. Just a great product.

Pros

Reliability. I trust TMO to keep accurate, consistent records

Cons

The first month billing can't be longer than 30 days. We usually do not invoice our borrower until the end of the first full month following closing, so there is often a 32-60 day gap. If we don't send out an invoice at the end of the month in which the loan closes, the borrower's billing statement reports them as late.

Michelle from Formelry Pride Group, now Pride Funding

Pros

The software can be tricky at moments, but having [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to help was extremely convenient. He went above and beyond to get our insurance certificates implemented in the software, and we are extremely greatful for his determination! Other than just this task, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has shown he is very determined and works diligently to help us with all our questions, since we have just hired new employees and switched locations. We appreciate his time and consideration for our company very much.

Cons

The thing we like least about the software is the common glitching, and having to close out and re open for it to show the correct information

Sandra from Southern Title

Complete & Powerful Software Program with add on Modules giving you options to expand your services.

Pros

The software handles all aspects of Loan Servicing within the program. The integration of the different modules makes using the program seamless. I have used several Forms Design programs in the past and the Custom Letters & Reports program is well designed and extremely east to use.

Cons

I have been involved in writing a custom Collection Program, integrating an Accounting Program with other Loan Servicing Software as well as using other Loan Servicing Software for 27+ years and by farm The Mortgage Office is the BEST. To answer your question what I like least about the program is that it is a Massive and covers every aspect of Loan Servicing; which makes it the BEST of programs.

Megan from SFA Commercial

Almost perfect

After years of searching, I was thrilled to discover a software designed with by business in mind. The ease of purchasing and installing the software was remarkable. The amount of customizable features and the power behind this software sold me almost instantly. I am a heavy user of the construction module, and there are no options for training in this module which seems odd to me. We went to the training in CA. and learned some general tips and tricks, but were not able to gain any further knowledge into the construction module which is why went in the first place. It's very difficult to get a hold of the support line. You never get through to anyone when you call. If you opt for sending an email, you typically get a call back within the same business day. The downside is that now I am in an epic game of phone tag trying to get my software functioning and have no idea when this might be resolved. When I do have the opportunity to speak with someone I am so happy with the customer service. Bottom line I would recommend this software, but make sure you're not in a hurry to implement it.

Pros

Ease of purchase and installation. I can customize everything and anything. The math computations are accurate and also custom to your specific needs.

Cons

It's difficult to get support staff on the phone and sometimes end up in a phone tag scenario.

Richard from R.C. Temme Corporation

ABS-TMO Loan Service Software

My mortgage company invested in the ABS loan service software in 1981. We were lucky to have originally selected ABS because, through the years, they have outperformed the other companies we've examined, that have developed along the way. ABS has continued to frequently upgrade not only their programs but the software and systems that drive their loan service software, TMO. I've been very happy with the customer service; however, some of our employees have on occasion expressed a desire for higher levels; in fairness, I believe the ABS customer service is above the average of most software companies with which we've dealt. Accommodating convenience and ease of use is strong. ABS allows huge volumes of supporting files, loan documents, appraisals, ETC, to be available at a click from within a specific loan file; more important is that the method they've designed does so without noticeably slowing the system. ABS appears to have strived to accommodate requirements of the many new loan servicing regulations as they have developed in recent years. Although, we have worried about ABS meeting some of the required loan service deadlines and on a few occasions began developing work around procedures in case the programming changes were not made in time. In the end, our concerns were unnecessary and ABS delivered by the regulatory deadlines. Note: The software agreement is unusual; potential clients should carefully read and understand the agreement which is easy to inadvertently violate by accessing the program from a home or other remote connection unless a single laptop is used in all locations in conjunction with a single dedicated terminal server. In the end, the negative issues mentioned herein are relatively small in relationship to the overall quality and ease of use of the product and of the company's history of updating the quality and performance of their systems as well as accommodating the required regulatory changes. I have not seen another system I'd rather have; even at a much higher price.

Brett from Bankers Mortgage Lending

Should've bought it years earlier!

I've used different loan servicing products over the years, and The Mortgage Office is hands down light years ahead of other systems I would know because I purchased and used 3 other products! Each one I bought was mainly based on cost (they were cheaper). I really wish I had bought The Mortgage Office the first time around. It's very easy to use, the tech people are fantastic, and it's a robust system that has bulletproof calculations and does everything a private lender could ever dream of. Whether running statements or filtering loans by type, everything is just a click or two away. I am very happy with this software great product, great company, great time in place. I highly recommend it for anyone servicing loans it's a great value.

Pros

It's a powerful product that I love using every day. Very, very happy.

Rohit from Millenium Investment Group LLC

Great working Modules with support at hand.

Having friendly and professional statements for Loans, Investors which can be e-mailed & printed.

Pros

TMO has culminated over decades of work in loan servicing software. Rep has lot of in-depth knowledge that he passes on in the Seminar. Wish we had done this seminar when we purchased the software. We are very keen in trying the easy methods. Also the Support team help is great. We are not utilizing all the modules. But their integration of ACH, emails, Text messages are very helpful. All the staff is eager to help. Sales & Marketing team was awesome. PLEASE ATTEND THE SEMINAR AFTER YOU DIVE INTO THIS SOFTWARE. Earlier the better.

Cons

For odd loans/transactions it may be customized but the cost can be high. For those we are still using Excel spreadsheets

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

Looking for more options.

Dianne from Pensacola Habitat for Humanity

The conversion from our previous software, training and implementation was a breeze.

Efficiencies are key to a great team. This software allows my team to manage the easier aspects of the job quickly and easily leaving them more time to focus on other projects.

Pros

The Escrow Analysis, Payment Application, Conversation Logs, Statements and Past Due Notices. The ability to reformat our communication to customers quickly and easily. The entire software package has made our mortgage management efficient and accurate.

Cons

It's not necessarily a con but would love to have an adhoc reporting tool. Some of the fields have no reporting tools embedded in the software and I would love to be able to pull them out.

Carol from August REI Inc

We love TMO, we use it all day, every day

Ability to service more loans, this program helps track everything we do as a team, lates, payments, interest rate changes, multiple lenders, multiple vendors, fractionalized notes, credti reporting, IRS reporting, online access for borrowers and lenders, and on and on and on.

Pros

This program makes servicing thousands of loans possible. So many reports available to our lenders and borrowers. It tracks everything and allows us to report to credit. We love it and so do our clients and customers.

Loren from The Chickasaw Nation

So functional!

My overall experience has been pleasant. After the training, it was realized that we could use many other parts of this software in other parts of our daily business. We have even seamlessly added another kind of loan service for our citizens.

Pros

The smart views is my favorite place to be in The Mortgage Office. This application makes it simple to group different kinds of loans together and see that total of that type of loan. The attachments in each loan folder has also helped us cut down on the hard files that were being stored.

Cons

I do not have a least favorite function.

Genevie from Pacific Loanworks, Inc.

The Mortgage Office is AMAZING!

The Mortgage Office handles all aspects of our loans, from origination to issuing checks and performing monthly reconciliations.

Pros

I have been using this software for 10+ years and I love it. This software makes servicing easy. Anyone can use it! And if you ever have any questions, you can always call customer support and they get back to you fast with how to resolve anything. I love that this software is easy to customize to your preference. I highly recommend this software!

Cons

No cons to using this program. Everything is easy to fix.

Jason from Texas Tax Solution

Quality Product, Excellent Customer Service, Would Recommend to Others

(Note: Capterra only allows a maximum of 2,500 characters for a review. Thus below is only the bullet points. For full details, I have uploaded the full review to the public folder on my Dropbox at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26145970/TMO%20Review.pdf) Summary: Very good product, I would recommend to anyone looking for a simple to use client/server loan servicing solution. Modules Purchased: * Loan Servicing * ACH Express Users: 10 Architecture: Local Client/Server using JetEngine on MS Access Pros: * Rich Functionality - a lot of functionality, probably more than you will need * Customizable Interface - main search grid can be customized by user * Quick Search - you can lookup an account by almost anything in the account record * Document Generation - easily publish statements, coupons, payoff, ets. * Audit Trail - logs important events and changes in an Event Journal * Categories - quick way to add custom fields by which to filter and sort your accounts * Open Architecture - database tables are exposed allowing you to create customer reports * Exporting - can easily access documents and results into Excel, Adobe, or RTF formats * Custom Letters - quickly send customers a custom letter * Customer Support - excellent customer service Cons: * "Old World" Interface - old client/server style interface * "As Of" Reporting - you need to run reports on the day you want them (i.e. on month-end) * Historical Editing - no simple way to edit your loan history without reversing transactions * Licensing Structure - geared more toward mass employee servicing departments * Online Self-Service - none really to speak of * Manual Payments - payments need to be applied manually for charges and fees * Categories - many fields of information are only exposed if you use categories, which requires you to double enter the information

Robert from Abbey Mortgage & Investments, Inc

Owned for over three years. Very complex, Updates routinely have major bugs. Understaffed Support.

We service a private loan portfolio and prepare 1098 forms for borrowers. This has worked well in the past, but current bugs are causing concern that the 1098 forms will need to be double checked during the very busy month of January.

Pros

The concept and theoretical flexibility of the software is really cool. The reports are generally well formatted. Borrower communication options are varied and allow easy email, but the calculations need to be correct.

Cons

Very complex, takes months to learn to use. Easily allows problem entries. Support is pleasant, but lacks everyday use knowledge. 4 to 6 steps required for tasks like simply advancing interest on a construction loan. Tracking of % complete and % disbursed on construction takes longer in The Mortgage Office than in a simple Excel spreadsheet. Over the last year the whiz bang modules that they are adding look great, but as updates occur with the main, modules of servicing, the lack of testing is clear as each update precipitates major bugs which cost my staff scores of hours. Customer service is helpless as they are not prepped for the updates and typically don't have the operating expertise to comprehend the full scope of the problem. , but they are nice people. Support calls are seldom answered within an hour. Typically it's about a 24 hour turnaround, with a call to us (Mountain Time) just about the time my staff is walking out the door.

Great loan servicing software

Pros

Mortgage Office is a great tool for loan servicing that can be customized and queried in many ways. The audit and reporting functions also work great as well the customer support group. It’s very accurate and updated routinely to ensure compatibility. Overall easy to use loan management software, would highly recommend!

Cons

It can be costly depending on how much of the software is installed. Also the reporting could be more robust in certain areas but does cover most data.

Yvonne from FIDELITY MORTGAGE LENDERS, INC.

MAKE TMO YOUR ANSWER

BEING ABLE TO GENERATE CERTAIN REPORTS, STATEMENTS AND NOTICES AS QUICKLY AS NEEDED FOR CLIENTS AND BORROWERS IS THE GREATEST THING.

Pros

EXPORTING FILES FROM ORIGINATION TO SERVICING IS THE EASIEST PART OF THE SOFTWARE AND THEN CAME ACH DEBIT AND CREDIT. THAT BY FAR IS MY MOST FAVORITE PART OF THE PROGRAMTH AND IT IS SO EASY TO USE.

Cons

THAT THERE ARE NOT MORE FIELDS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. LIKE ON THE NOTIFICATION OF ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT, LENDERS WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEIR YTD INTEREST JUST LIKE ON THE CHECKS.

Denise from TexStar Escrow

Business Partner No 1

Great responsive, prompt and friendly support. The software gives you the ability to accommodate volume as your business grows.

Pros

Streamline company procedures and management of database. The Smart Views and Categories component make the portfolio management much easier.

Cons

Annul Escrow Analysis . Did not work as smoothly and statement to the borrower is confusing . The servicing fee is listed as "insurance" instead of servicing fee.

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

Ability to accommodate growth and streamlined process.

Michael from Budget Mortgage Corp.

Have used this software for 7 years, works very well, we have had very few issues.

Pros

Excellent handling of Trust Accounting. You can sell a loan to multiple investors, assign any percentage you want, and program handles split payments perfectly. have never had a problem with an investor check in 7 years. Customer support is also excellent (although I rarely use it).

Cons

Would like to see a more automated way to print borrower letters and statements by selecting one option (for instance) "Print Today's Letters" rather than printing letters separately.

August 2016

David from First Source Mortgage Corporation

August 2016

Great Experience

The Mortgage Office has done a great job of adapting for the Canadian Market. The software and support provided for an easy transition for us. Thanks to The Mortgage Office we were able to discard our previous software which had dissappointed us and get up and running with The Mortgage Office in surprising time. Our investors are thrilled with the reports they receive generated by the program.

Pros

It is reliable, generally provides a user friendly experience, is quick to get going and/or transition and provides robust customizable reports which our investors really like.

Cons

The software has many templates with built in functionality which for the most part is fantastic. On the downside it is difficult if not impossible to change some of the reports to add explainations such as a discharge statement or the like.

Chris from Hard Money Bankers, LLC

It's the flagship software in our industry and I can say it definitely makes us more money

Pros

It makes our company money in a few ways: 1) ACH payments to investors and accompanying notification by email. Every week when we send out interest payments, investors reply and offer to send us more capital. 2) Timely borrower payments. The paper and email payment coupons plus being able to pay by check or ACH ends up collecting a higher percentage of payments than we would get prior to using TMO. 3) Reporting. We're able to keep a close eye on our portfolio which is very useful for managing defaults but it also allows us to keep good client data in front of our sales people that they turn into more loans.

Cons

A web-based system would be much more convenient as remote access is tricky. We would also add a couple users if the cost were a bit lower.

Michelle from The Boyd Company Realtors

We Passed Our Audit!

We were recently audited by the California Bureau of Real Estate. The auditor came into the office, realized we were using The Mortgage Office for all of our loan servicing, asked for specific reports (because they were so personally familiar with the software) and never asked another question! They trusted our information, knowing fully that the software would report any discrepancies in our business practices. Audits are so stressful but because we used this software, it was a BREEZE! And so nice to know that a state agency fully trusts it as well.

Pros

This software KNOWS the business of loan servicing

Ciarra from Advanced Investment Corp

Private Money for Business Purpose Real Estate Loans

We are very happy, we would however suggest a simple training or on-boarding to help get started. The information like setting up a loan, walking through the payments or construction draws would be very helpful, along with processing letters and payoffs!

Pros

We have really enjoyed the ease of processing payments and the ACH upload compatibility! Doing the construction draws is very convenient too!

Cons

It's set up through a programmers perspective versus a users perspective. It's not very streamlined/user friendly. There is a lot of self-searching and self-learning needed to be done in order to navigate through the ins and outs of the system.

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

We needing something that took our system to the next step, that made things a little more steady and less human error.

Kristina from Arixa Capital

Customer Service Makes A Difference

Pros

The customer service has been top notch, specially the sales team and the Support Team. The software is visually appealing and operates similar to Excel in the list view. It's user friendly from the entry level employee to the controller, who primarily focuses on the trust accounting.

Cons

We primarily use the construction module and the training does not go over this in detail.

Sarah from Boyd Management LLC

Likes and Dislikes

Pros

We like the ability to house all of our loans into one system and keep track of all the necessary information.

Cons

We would like to be able to batch uploaded documents under the attachment section of each loan, rather than having to individually add them. Our files house upwards of 50+ documents and it is extremely time consuming and tedious to have to individually upload them.

Tommy from Tax Loans USA

Tech support from TMO is the gold standard

We had an issue with an update and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made sure that we were back up and running without losing any data.

Pros

Cons

Would like to see more options with hiding paid out accounts on the system.

Brett from Bankers Mortgage Lending

When you tried all the rest and are ready for the BEST !

It has allowed me to continue servicing loans in house properly.

Pros

Easy to configure, easy to use, does everything that a lender servicing loans could ask for and has so many different capabilities allowing you to buy only what you need for your business. Nothing negative to say, it's the best servicing software I have purchased and I have bought 3 before this purchase.

A true revelation for those in the private money lending industry.

It has given our company the tools needed to service our growing portfolio with ease.

Pros

The flexibility of customizing the various features to fix any private lending business model. The Mortgage Office is constantly evolving and fills many needs all in one.

Cons

It can be costly to get going. There are a lot of different add-on modules that may be needed to get the software to perform what you want it to.

Angela from Foremost Financial Corporation

Multiple useful functionalities; increased efficiency of processing significantly.

Pros

It's an integrated program that includes multiple functions, from loan management, to trust accounting, to investor management. The software has excellent accuracy and has been able to increase efficiency of processing at our company significantly. Our company went through several different similar products so far, and this is the best one.

Cons

The software does not easily accommodate different companies' different processes. Anything that differs from a typical business model requires manual workarounds, which can be time-consuming.

Trish from Wood-Mizer LLC

Industry: Machinery

TMO

The response from our Sales person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been fantastic. He is always willing to help. The Help Desk as well has been great.

Pros

The ease in which we can post payments and reconcile accounts. Also the ability to import the Lockbox payments.

Cons

Trying to find reports or create reports for our needs. Mail merge options are not sufficient for our needs. More fields are needed in the Mail Merge (The Mortgage Office Word)

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

The Technology was far superior ….and it's a long story.

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

The technology of Loan Ledger appeared to be from the DOS era. No such thing as reporting from it and the Customer service was the worst I have ever encounterd.

Jeanette from Housing Trust Silicon Valley

The Mortgage Office

The Mortgage Office is a great program.

Pros

I use the software to complete my work. I can now send reports, notices, interest bills, and payoff statements through the system. It is easy to use and easy to learn. It can be confusing and difficult at first then it gets easier the longer you use it.

Cons

We don't get the notices when there is a update.

Garrett from The PNL Companies

Plug and Play; All our loan servicing needs were immediately met with little initial setup or cost

Pros

Plug and Play; Powerful servicing tool that is easy to understand, navigate, and function. Also is great come tax time.

Cons

I wish it had a more thorough way of tracking Real Estate Taxes on borrower's collateral. I know insurance has its own tab. A Real Estate Tab would be helpful with current updated valuations, due dates, links to Assessor, etc.

Karl from PENSACOLA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY

Great Company

I would say that working with The Mortgage Office has been great. Easy company to work with and they go over and above to help you with any issue.

Pros

We love the ease of us and the reporting features.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I would say is a con.

Reasons for Choosing The Mortgage Office

Because of the flexibility and the ease of use of the system.

Reasons for Switching to The Mortgage Office

Very limited in what it could do.

PAUL from JMJ FUNDING GROUP, INC.

ABS aka The Mortgage Office, EASY TO USE

JMJ Funding Group uses both Origination and Servicing. Both are exceptional

Pros

Easy to use and easy to learn. Training is available at all levels and it flows through the process of originating loans and servicing loans

Cons

There is really not many Cons. If you do have an issue there may be a 24 hour delay for technical support

Ben from DPI, Inc.

User friendly, time saving CRM that we couldn't function without.

Pros

From managing our loans to accounting functions all the way down to detailed payment coupons this system really does it all. We've been using it for over 5 years and are very happy with it.

Cons

Technical support when we first started was on the weak side but that has been addressed and is now second to none.

James from Atlanta Private Lending, LLC

Huge help for me to streamline my business

Pros

The ability it has given me to focus on making deals and not updating 100 different spreadsheets. I was working between spreadsheets daily, updating new loans, draws , and investor payments. Having this all in one place has been a game changer!

Cons

Not much to complain about, really like it a lot. We have found a few kinks in the system as far as reporting and payment but we generally have found a work around and most of it was probably user error and just getting to know the system!

Mariska from Precision Capital

This software makes servicing our loans so easy, organized and slick.

The ability to automate and customize so much information and communication with our borrowers and investors.

Pros

The user-friendly interface, custom reports/letters as well as standard ones, amazing customer service and knowledge base makes The Mortgage Office and ideal software in my mind. I wish all mortgage software was this carefully thought out.