All The Mortgage Office Reviews

Sandra

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Complete & Powerful Software Program with add on Modules giving you options to expand your services.

PROS

The software handles all aspects of Loan Servicing within the program. The integration of the different modules makes using the program seamless. I have used several Forms Design programs in the past and the Custom Letters & Reports program is well designed and extremely east to use.

CONS

I have been involved in writing a custom Collection Program, integrating an Accounting Program with other Loan Servicing Software as well as using other Loan Servicing Software for 27+ years and by farm The Mortgage Office is the BEST. To answer your question what I like least about the program is that it is a Massive and covers every aspect of Loan Servicing; which makes it the BEST of programs.

Kevin

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

The Mortgage Office for Servicing

No more guess work on interests that are owed especially, on Construction loans, where the interest is always increasing as the balance is increasing. The Mortgage Office helps easily keep track of everything so you do not miss out on any interest owed.

PROS

It is really easy to set up and start servicing loans right out of the box. If you do not understand a feature or option, the Support team is always ready and willing to help you out and explain them so you can better use the software.

CONS

At first, it is a lot to take in on how to use the software, but once you learn the workflow, (or attend the seminar) it puts everything in order and it is easier to understand why things are done the way they are.

Robert

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Owned for over three years. Very complex, Updates routinely have major bugs. Understaffed Support.

We service a private loan portfolio and prepare 1098 forms for borrowers. This has worked well in the past, but current bugs are causing concern that the 1098 forms will need to be double checked during the very busy month of January.

PROS

The concept and theoretical flexibility of the software is really cool. The reports are generally well formatted. Borrower communication options are varied and allow easy email, but the calculations need to be correct.

CONS

Very complex, takes months to learn to use. Easily allows problem entries. Support is pleasant, but lacks everyday use knowledge. 4 to 6 steps required for tasks like simply advancing interest on a construction loan. Tracking of % complete and % disbursed on construction takes longer in The Mortgage Office than in a simple Excel spreadsheet. Over the last year the whiz bang modules that they are adding look great, but as updates occur with the main, modules of servicing, the lack of testing is clear as each update precipitates major bugs which cost my staff scores of hours. Customer service is helpless as they are not prepped for the updates and typically don't have the operating expertise to comprehend the full scope of the problem. , but they are nice people. Support calls are seldom answered within an hour. Typically it's about a 24 hour turnaround, with a call to us (Mountain Time) just about the time my staff is walking out the door.

Banking

Reviewed April 2018

Huge help for me to streamline my business

PROS

The ability it has given me to focus on making deals and not updating 100 different spreadsheets. I was working between spreadsheets daily, updating new loans, draws , and investor payments. Having this all in one place has been a game changer!

CONS

Not much to complain about, really like it a lot. We have found a few kinks in the system as far as reporting and payment but we generally have found a work around and most of it was probably user error and just getting to know the system!

Eric

Reviewed June 2018

The Mortgage Office is very capable software.

PROS

I most value The Mortgage Office's versatility and capabilities. I service many thousands of loans very easily from the software.

CONS

I would say the most troublesome area of this software is related to certain custom reports, you must be familiar with SQL or Crystal Reports to accomplish certain things.

Reviewed July 2023

What a great service! Useful and compatible with my requirements

PROS

Very easy to use and What a great service! Useful and compatible with my requirements

Emiliano

Reviewed December 2017

Let's keep things simple: TMO is the best, period.

PROS

The TMO team has a comprehensive understanding of our business, the expertise and extensive knowledge of real estate investments, and the mortgage industry which is highly necessary in this industry. What makes this company to be the best its their people. They are the greatest asset of this firm. They are a team of professionals who work hard, strive for professional growth and find innovative solutions for their customers.

Jill

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

TMO Review

The Mortgage Office support staff have been great. Questions asked are answered. Support is quick to respond and will walk you through until you have complete understanding. All staff have been helpful, courteous, knowledgeable.

PROS

Ease of setting up new accounts/loan files in system. There is a good flow to setting up new files.

CONS

So far, no "least" likes - all experiences have been positive.

Reasons for switching to The Mortgage Office

To enhance customer service. Allow for better online access for both buyers and lenders.

Reviewed September 2019

Very Easy to Use

Overall, I am impressed, especially by the ability to customize fields and save in formats that are ready for presentations to the board, or management.

PROS

The software helps with integrating a number of functions. These include loan tracking, loan payment processing, document storage, workflow automation, and reporting functionalities. You can also customize fields in the software, and save spreadsheets for future use. Its availability on both cloud and site-based adds more convenience.

CONS

The software comes with so many functions that will require users to go through regular tips and tutorials. Such features are not included, either on the software or by the use of regular emails.

Jessica

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Very detailed software, plenty of add on features as your company grows.

Better loan tracking, up to date web publishing for our clients. Notifications for direct deposit transfers, amortization and history reports with ease.

PROS

The ease of use, the software can be used for big and small companies and is not limited to a specific type of loan service. Fast response to questions and patient tech service help.

CONS

Limitations to tasks on one account at a time. If you are working on an account and need to stop and address another account you must exit your current project to start the new task and then reopen to go back. This is a double edged sword though, if you did not close out the current task to open a new one there is a greater chance of mistakes.

Christie

Reviewed September 2022

Daily user of TMO here

The Mortgage Office has made my job efficient in ways other programs could not.

PROS

I could not do my job without The Mortgage Office. I work with TMO as a Lender Service Provider to service approximately 30-40 credit unions. Our customers rely on a software that is reliable, accurate, and can handle many different loan types. TMO provides my company with all the tools we need to service a variety of needs. TMO also provides a number of different reports that help us work with accounting teams. Our company services participation loans and TMO makes the process simple. The software is easy to use and the help file is there for any questions you may have. They also have a great support team and always have a quick response time.

CONS

No complaints here with The Mortgage Office

Colette

Reviewed July 2022

Mortgage office review

PROS

OVERALL EASE OF USE. So many features.

CONS

unfortunately, we were sold the origination module and were not aware that it won't work for us. we tried to get a refund but were told we signed a contract. was a very expensive mistake.

Reasons for switching to The Mortgage Office

not user friendly

Michelle

Reviewed January 2020

PROS

The software can be tricky at moments, but having [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to help was extremely convenient. He went above and beyond to get our insurance certificates implemented in the software, and we are extremely greatful for his determination! Other than just this task, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has shown he is very determined and works diligently to help us with all our questions, since we have just hired new employees and switched locations. We appreciate his time and consideration for our company very much.

CONS

The thing we like least about the software is the common glitching, and having to close out and re open for it to show the correct information

Maria

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Director Of Community Development Liaison

I love tmo the portal its easy to use with making payment with ach. debit or credit, Everything is needed in the portal with history, messages, servicing, tax forms if needed if not you can email the servicer you're with if needed help. Its very easy to use and a great software.

PROS

Its very easy to use, If help is needed there's videos if you need to learn about anything, Its easy to make a payment or view clients information, If you need to reach out there's an email contact them and will help you fast.

CONS

i wish the portal has a way to show the exact payoff amount because clients always payoff what ever number they see in the portal and expect its that.

Brett

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2016

Should've bought it years earlier!

I've used different loan servicing products over the years, and The Mortgage Office is hands down light years ahead of other systems I would know because I purchased and used 3 other products! Each one I bought was mainly based on cost (they were cheaper). I really wish I had bought The Mortgage Office the first time around. It's very easy to use, the tech people are fantastic, and it's a robust system that has bulletproof calculations and does everything a private lender could ever dream of. Whether running statements or filtering loans by type, everything is just a click or two away. I am very happy with this software great product, great company, great time in place. I highly recommend it for anyone servicing loans it's a great value.

PROS

It's a powerful product that I love using every day. Very, very happy.

Carol

Reviewed August 2017

We love TMO, we use it all day, every day

Ability to service more loans, this program helps track everything we do as a team, lates, payments, interest rate changes, multiple lenders, multiple vendors, fractionalized notes, credti reporting, IRS reporting, online access for borrowers and lenders, and on and on and on.

PROS

This program makes servicing thousands of loans possible. So many reports available to our lenders and borrowers. It tracks everything and allows us to report to credit. We love it and so do our clients and customers.

CONS

It's expensive, initial costs and monthly fees but it does so much of what we need. The only feature I have trouble with is the customized reports.

Genevie

Reviewed December 2019

The Mortgage Office is AMAZING!

The Mortgage Office handles all aspects of our loans, from origination to issuing checks and performing monthly reconciliations.

PROS

I have been using this software for 10+ years and I love it. This software makes servicing easy. Anyone can use it! And if you ever have any questions, you can always call customer support and they get back to you fast with how to resolve anything. I love that this software is easy to customize to your preference. I highly recommend this software!

CONS

No cons to using this program. Everything is easy to fix.