All Semrush Reviews

Reviewed February 2021

Working with SEM Rush

Marco Genaro

Reviewed January 2024

One of the best SEO tool. Unfortunately, a bit expensive.

It's a classic SEO tool and a must-have for every SEO consultant. It's perfect for quickly analyzing competitor websites as well as your own. It's a very powerful tool if you know how to use it and what to look for. In my opinion, it's only worthwhile in the hands of SEO and marketing experts. I would love it to be a bit cheaper, but it's worth the price.

PROS

As an SEO consultant, what I like the most about SEMRush is that it includes almost all the features I need on a daily basis: it allows me to analyze my website and my competitors' websites at a glance, it helps me keep track of the backlinks I have, and it enables me to conduct quick SEO audits. Additionally, it's very user-friendly.

CONS

In my opinion, there are two cons of SemRush: First of all, sometimes there are more-specific tools for some taks. For example: I prefer to use SERPROBOT for Keyword Tracking, Ahrefs for Backlinking/Outreach campaigns and Keyword Planner from Google Ads for keyword research. Lastly, the problem with SemRush is that it's quite pricy. The Guru plan is around 250USD.

Reason for choosing Semrush

For a similar price, SemRush is easier to use and more complete.

Reasons for switching to Semrush

I tested both. While SemRush is better for SEO On Page and analyzing competitors, Ahrefs is better for backlinking and outreach campaigns. I finally took both of them .

Emily

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great SEO tool that gives you the right insights!

PROS

- great for keyword and competitors analysis - easy to implement - great customer service! - easy integration with google tooling

CONS

- accidental purchases are easily made - look and feel of the dashboards

Reasons for switching to Semrush

Did not meet the needs of the company anymore

Miguel

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Great App but not Cheap

PROS

Semrush is a great app for SEO, and is one of the leaders in the market, I've been using it for a while now, and it is very complete.

CONS

The price. It is not the cheapest option available in the market.

Jeff

Not just another SEO platform

I'm happy with it. It's one of many tools - it could be the only one, but lacks in certain areas. Needs more AI and more automated, time saving tools.

PROS

Broad range of SEO/SEM products that integrate to help newbies and seasoned veterans navigate the SEO/SEM world

CONS

It costs too much over the lang haul - it is not automated (or give you the option to automate) enough. While it helps identify issues, it's not great at helping you to resolve them.

Tom

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

After 4 years being a customer this company rips me off

I feel ripped off by Semrush. We are customers already for 4 years. We always have enough with one user. Now, we have been loggin in, by accident, from a few different locations. This is because of remote working due to corona and it was unclear in the team who was responsible for Semrush. Now is our account suspended, which I can understand. But the only 'solution' is that I have to buy a €540 extra user. But wo do not need that! I told them this was an accident and that one user is enough for us. Which it always has been for 4 years. But we can only get our account back with paying 540€. And a refund of the unused service is also not possible. This feels like bribery. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was 'helping' me, but only offering me this upsell that I do not need. It is a shame to be treated like this after being a loyal customer for 4 years. I will recommend other potential customers SeRanking. It is much cheaper, has almost the same features and they will not rip you off with unwanted upsells. Shame!

PROS

It has a lot of features, in dept analysis.

CONS

It is expensive and there are quiet a few other, much cheaper alternatives where the customer service doesn't rip you off!

They don't bribe me.

Hi Tom, thank you for your review. We have investigated the situation - it seems like multiple users logged in from different locations under your account for 3 times, which triggered our security system, and we sent several warnings before your account was blocked. We kindly remind you that by default, the account only includes 1 user, adding extra seats is a paid option. As far as we know, you account was unblocked by the team after finding out that your team logged in accidentally from different locations. If you still have any questions, please email us at mail@semrush.com and we will be happy to answer them!

Replied November 2020

Christopher

Reviewed February 2024

The most comprehensive tool on the market

SEMrush is the ideal one stop shop for running an SEO campaign, if you only get one tool, make it this one

PROS

I love how easy it is to use, the layout is simple and every function has little hints to show you what it does.

CONS

It is quite a but more expensive when compared to a lot of tools, its worth it but some companies cant afford that budget.

Reasons for switching to Semrush

Looking for something new, Moz was also expensive so we wanted to try out other options

wissal

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Honest opinion about semrush

the best platform for you depends on your specific needs, budget, and technical expertise. If you're considering Semrush, I recommend weighing the pros and cons against your requirements to see if it's the right fit

PROS

Semrush is a comprehensive and powerful SEO suite that can help you improve your website's visibility and organic traffic. It's user-friendly, data-driven, and constantly evolving, making it a valuable tool for businesses of all sizes.

CONS

It's important to note that these are potential drawbacks based on user feedback and shouldn't necessarily deter you from exploring Semrush

Hi there! Thank you for your positive review of Semrush! We're glad you find it user-friendly and powerful. Your feedback is appreciated.

Replied December 2023

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Semrush- a great component to your complete marketing plan

PROS

I like how robust the Semrush system is good at identifying and tracking SEO opportunities for your website and to help it rank better.

CONS

It can be quite a bit pricey, and while there is a free version, it is very limited. Also, if they offered more automation that would be quite a feat for website owners!

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Ok, but so many options

Ok, probably more on me, just SEO is so dull for some people, I get that it's necessary, but it seems like make work stuff for people who like computers. I'm old school face to face...

PROS

Helps with reports of SEO Reports help me somewhat understand what to do next, some are like Chinese arithmetic.

CONS

Sometimes I wish SEO was easier to understand

Ram

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Semrush has useful features for SEOs and others

PROS

I love the easy-to-use interface and like the keyword research. Semrush helps anyone who wants to bring more traffic to their site and reach customers. It helps anyone with little SEO knowledge to get the most out of marketing and blogging improvements

CONS

Cost is not affordable and competitive for individual start-ups. The trial period can be extended to 2 or 4 weeks. THey can also bring pay per use like daily fees instead of monthly fees

Saviour

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Semrush Review

PROS

The site audit feature which is one of the best features on semrush. it really helped my website alot by boosting my website search engine ranking so positively .

CONS

So far i have not faced any challenge on semrush.

Zouhair

Retail, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Brilliant tool for SEO & content creation

Brilliant I don’t even look for alternatives as it has everything I need for SEO / keywords / PPC

PROS

Keywords research tool is very helpful Content creation assistant is brilliant for SEO

CONS

While it offers many great tools, the pricing is sometimes challenging for me so I can’t renew my membership regularly

robert

Newspapers, 2-10 employees

Must ue tool

I used the free version and the paid version. It has a lot of features and really helped me even on the free veriosn.

PROS

A lot of features at one click away. Every site owner must use it, even the free version.

CONS

The cost is a little high for a startup business, you have all the tools you need but it can be challenging for the budget.

Caroline

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Really easy for beginners to use.

PROS

SEO can seem really daunting for those without a marketing background – this helped clarify and simplify my understanding without too many features.

CONS

Perhaps more onboarding would be helpful.

1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Best comprehensive SEO tools for your digital marketing needs

We have learned a lot about our client's website traffic and how to better understand customer engagement using proper keywords to target for each respective industry. With the help of some of the SEMRush keyword tools, we were able to find and write about various related keywords to place within our client websites which in turn generated more traffic conversions. Google Ads analysis and keyword competition provides insight on how to create a niche for our clients. Not to mention, spying on competing businesses and their estimated Google Ad spend. We've managed to address ad optimization for stronger performance. SEMRush seems to be continuing to improve the product. For example, the On Page SEO Checker provides detailed analysis on additional keyword word usage and phrase usage to help improve pages. Although it is not perfect, it is definitely being improved and helps provide guidance.

PROS

- In depth backlink analysis reports and tracking on domains - Top notch keyword selection tools (keyword magic tool) for keyword analysis, volume and suggested or related words - Daily & weekly domain and search position monitoring - Provides enhanced traffic metrics which provides insight on spikes of traffic during specific timeframes

CONS

Starting off, the tools and analytics can be very cumbersome to understand. The tools take some getting used to and testing with to grasp a good understand of how to analyze website traffic, data and keywords.

Reason for choosing Semrush

Our business was set out to find the best tools for our match our digital marketing service offerings. Through multiple trial periods across various softwares, we narrowed down to SEMRush providing the best tools for our services being offered. From website audits, keyword rank and tracking and SEO performance metrics we wanted to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions to help with their business website needs.

Robin

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

A must have for digital marketers

It is a great product that really helps you become proficient at SEO. If there is one thing your small business needs to have it is SEMrush. There are trainings and learning modules are helpful alongside though provoking webinars to make sure you stay up to date with trends. Learning the ui takes time as is not the most intuitive; however, most things you need are there.

PROS

The dashboard. All from one location I can see my projects performance across a multitude of aspects from social media, back links, position rankings and technical SEO just to name a few.

CONS

Righ now I have an issue with my Facebook always disconnecting with their publishing tool within an hour. contacting support guides you to an email where I would much rather have instant chat or phone support.

Reason for choosing Semrush

The bundled aspect of all features. SEMrush might not be the best at some features but if offers them all.

Hali

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Perfect for global SEO research and analysis

I have been able to prove how our content refresh and new blog content has boosted our visibility prior to our new website launch that included a content overhaul. I've shown the correlation between our position and visibility to our increase in search traffic and search purchases. I never would have been able to justify our efforts or my role without the help of SEMrush.

PROS

I love being able to build out dashboards for our keyword categories. It helps me see which product groups are performing well vs. which ones we need to focus on. We are a global company so being able to have keywords in different languages was one of the main selling points for me. It's been fantastic!

CONS

Since we are global, it would be nice if we didn't have to choose just one country for each dashboard. I really need to see performance on a global scale.

Reason for choosing Semrush

The ease of use, dashboards, and keywords in languages other than English - including Chinese and Japanese.

Hi Hali! Thanks a lot for giving us this review, we appreciate it!

Replied June 2020