• Pros

• "We get a lot of brute force attempts and AlertLogic Threat Manager is on top of them all. The shunning works great and is very configurable to our desired thresholds."

• "The personal in depth investigations performed by real people on all incidents. The alerts received give all the information required up front leading to quick decisions on any impact."

• "The ease of onboarding, customer service, and the ability to leverage their resources for reviewing a large amount of data and logs."

• Cons

• "At this point I do not have any cons that I can speak of."

• "The UI is not very well made and at times makes things very difficult to use and assess potential issues. "

• "For us it took a while to deploy but the support was very helpful. "

Browse Alert Logic MDR Reviews

Hacking BLOCKED!

Pros

Cons

At this point I do not have any cons that I can speak of.

Jamal from PayTabs

AlertLogic is one of the best cloud security solution in the market

The good thing in the software is it gives the full cloud security protection you need.

Pros

The good thing in AlertLogic is it gives you a simple interface and easy to use with very good features such as : Vulnerability scanning, ASV Scans, Log Management, and Threat Management where you can see the the threats that your organization faces as well as review your systems logs of your environment, AlertLogic acts as well as and IDS/IPS for your web servers that faces the public and prevents you from the attacks.

Cons

1- The Log management is little bit slow when it comes to review the logs,. 2- In Threat management when you review the threat you can't export the details instead you can only export the headlines of threats.

Michael from FAST

A Deep, Capable Log/Threat Tool That is Bogged Down by a Clunky Interface and Complicated Config.

Pros

It definitely does what is supposed to do - capture and provide traffic and threats/intrusions as they occur. Any risk that I've had to deal with in the past couple of years has been caught by Alert Logic, not the other secondary tools I have in place as an additional means of security. The agent that we have to deploy in our AWS environment to capture all of our traffic on our AWS instances is small and unobtrusive. The reporting functionality is great - there is the automated report capability, and we can fine-tune the reports to have only certain information go to certain people - much better than having our security team dig through countless pages of data that certain people don't care about.

Cons

The UI is generally a mess. It is difficult to find what you need at times, and after 2+ years of using the tool, I still find myself lost very frequently. There is no option for Multi-Factor Authentication (to my knowledge, for all I know it may be hidden deep in the UI somewhere). This is an odd exclusion for a security tool. Instead, passwords expire very very quickly, so I feel like I'm changing my password more often for Alert Logic than any other tool that I use. It has crossed the line of secure, and become a pain. The instances that I've had to deal with support have not been all that great - some engineers are way more skilled and experienced than others, as I've wasted hours with some engineers to solve an issue that another engineer was able to solve in minutes. The documentation that I've seen is often outdated - I'd like to see that frequently updated, especially with such a clunky UI.

Stuart from Sage (UK ) Limited

Alertlogic in AWS

We have used Alertlogic, especially the threat manager for a good few years now and have confidence that the service is providing us with a high level of security and protection.

Pros

Cons

Feel the dashboard is a little hard to get around sometimes to find what you are looking for. It has improved with recent updates but still could do with being more intuitive.

Brian from Beacon Credit Union

Great for our needs

Pros

Really gives us peace of mind knowing that we have another layer of security. Helped us meet our audit requirement for log correlation and SIEM. Since this is a hosted solution we were able to free up our internal resources. We are contacted very quickly with any issues and the customization that can be done is also great. Support is knowledgeable and vast.

Cons

Log review is hard to understand unless you know much about the software or have a lot of time to dedicate to it. Normally I just open a ticket to have support do the legwork for me as I am not versed / do not have the time do work on it. I do wish that assistance with customization was something that was done during implementation / random reachouts from support or little how-to's once a month for custom reports or alerts that would be beneficial or help increase security posture would be great.

Joshua from Gateway Ticketing Systems Inc.

A great tool for security professionals

We are a small shop with only six team members, and we need to support a rapidly growing environment of over 250 VMs in Azure. ALertLogic has enabled us to meet PCI requirements for auditing and log review without dedicating multiple staff members to doing nothing but log review and other security related tasks. It's a godsend.

Pros

Cons

The UI, especially the search function, is rather clunky.

Nick from Amino, Inc

AlertLogic is pretty solid, with some UX issues

General compliance through technical controls.

Pros

Comprehensive tool set. Solid coverage of technical security controls.

Cons

Multiple user interfaces, some pretty poor legacy UI still required to be used.

Overall a good product, but still lacking in some areas

Pros

The reason we chose Alert Logic over other vendors was for the managed services offering. This has been good for us most of the time, but with some challenges. The UI was well explained upon installation and was laid out in a logical fashion.

Cons

The UI has changed since we deployed this solution, and with no warning. It lacks the intuitive function that you would expect in a product at an enterprise level. This has been the biggest hurdle for us.

Alert Logic ahead of the curve

Our overall experience is good. We set it up fairly easily, and it works. It's also cost effective for what it delivers on a daily basis.

Pros

We like that there is multiple levels of support built into Alert Logic. Not only do we get threat monitoring, but we also get an analysis including threat risk index, remediation, and email and phone support.

Tom from Deloitte

Excellent Capabilities and Insights Provided

Pros

Great platform for monitoring a wealth of cloud-based resources. Very in depth alerts and a reasonably intuitive and easy to navigate dashboard. Provides information which is easy to digest and action. Support are always very reachable and provide sound advice.

Cons

As Alert Logic provides such a wealth of information, it can be quite overwhelming to manage and digest the sheer volume it provides. Additionally deployments can be a little tricky and provided documentation is not always accurate or up to date.

Crismely from ERC

Alert Logic's Review

Pros

It is very user friendly and the technical support is very good

Cons

For us it took a while to deploy but the support was very helpful.

Ali from IES-Holdings, Inc

Alertlogic SaaS

Pros

It gives an insight to my environment in-terms of overall security, and I have a peace of mind that I have a team of experts looking at the events in real-time.

Cons

The support can be improved, it seems like the initial call is sometimes sent to a person who is not familiar with the request, and then handed to another analyst.