All 7shifts Reviews

Allie

Restaurants, 51 - 200 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

7Shifts Review: Best Scheduling Software Out There.

Leandro

7 Shifts for restaurant schedule Management

My managers and employees love it.

PROS

It is easy to use and anybody with a phone can have easy access to their schedule, send messages using it, and letting anybody know about changes. It is a very practical and professional tool for the schedules that we use in our Restaurant. We have the scheduling available on our P/R processor, but we prefer to pay for this service as it is more agile and practical than our P/R company.

CONS

To be honest, I do not have any complaints, but we only use the scheduling module as we have other systems.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Paycom is not practical and is not linked to cellphone numbers.

Thanks for the review Leandro! It's great to hear that even though you have the option, you see so much value in 7shifts that it goes above and beyond what is offered to you in your payroll provide. Know that we will always be looking to increase the value of our services for folks like yourself. Cheers!

Andrea

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

My excellent experience with sevenshifts as a café owner

Overall, completely satisfied like I said, their technology is very easy to use mobile friendly they have every feature you could need small business to big business. I’m sure across industries, especially in the food and beverage business rates. Perfect so having a company like this is great. It’s also apparent by their new features that they’re adding that they’re continuing to innovate investing and grow and they’re going to be around so that’s important.

PROS

What I like most about this software is that it was super easy to use for me and my staff it’s just very easy and it starts off. You can just do the basics and I am as a new business owner. I was just you know priorities come up, so scheduling was just first and foremost, but it has so many features that you can add on them at any time which is great they have help then it’s a wonderful automated system and they’ve just added a ton of new great features. I am excited to use.

CONS

Honestly, I can’t say I didn’t like anything in particular or what I least liked I think with maybe what I least used was something where we would be things that bigger organizations might need to use that or not important or not necessary for my particular business, but there is nothing that was the least liked

Reason for choosing 7shifts

So there’s a ton of different products out there seven shifts is a reasonable price and it had the features I needed for my industry so I looked at several products, but I focus on what they what features they had and what my priorities were at the time and it matched

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Didn’t know anything about homebase it was used by the previous person. I try to get in there and start using it switching over and it was just a headache so I just looked for a new system start fresh and this one was just doing easier and glad I did.

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2019

7Shifts and More?

The team loved 7shifts since it was so user friendly and easy to access from PC or mobile. Unfortunately, forecasting is obviously a big issue when it comes to scheduling so we moved on.

PROS

I liked the messaging platform it had for teams. I enjoyed the ease of seeing team member roles. I liked the ease of seeing the daily line up of teams in different departments. I enjoyed being able to flag attendance within the app and reports generated from that.

CONS

I did not like third party app integrations that users would be automatically opted into. Forecasting was a bit clunky also unfortunately.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

We didnt. We went with HotSchedules.

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback and really appreciate you sharing with us what you liked, and what you did not like about 7shifts. In regards to sales/labor forecasting, this is something we are always looking to improve so we appreciate your candor. We strive to provide all of our customers with at least 95% accuracy in forecasting, so if this was something we have not lived up to we want to make it right and work with you to improve your experience. Please reach out to our team any time and we would be happy to help! On that note, we just released our new Optimal Labor tool which provides hourly sales forecasts which are even more intuitive and transparent. The goal here is to provide managers and operators a visual representation of their labor needs to help them more easily hit their targets with solid forecasts: https://support.7shifts.com/article/310-optimal-labor-tool

Replied November 2019

Ray

Reviewed April 2024

Pizza Ranch Gillette, WY

Decent experience, but I'm starting to waiver if I will continue to use it.

PROS

Easy to use, easy for employees to use. It's mobile and I can access it from anywhere, as can our employees

CONS

Lack of sync with Revel POS which makes me hesitant to continue to use it.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

Thought it would work well with Revel POS.

7 Shifts was recommended by Revel and Pizza Ranch

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to support@7shifts.com and they can help you.

Replied April 2024

Tom

Reviewed August 2021

Game changing app!

Overall it’s great! Customer service is my biggest reason for using 7shifts!!!! Questions get addressed the same day! If there’s a glitch or a feature request, they listen and will try to implement on their next update. This app has come a long way. The app is ever evolving and I see new features being added from time to time. Love the support and love the evolution. Price is also fair. 100% will recommend to any businesses!

PROS

A super all-in-one app that does pretty much everything. Scheduling, to time clocking, to event calendar, to messaging, to task assigning. Price is fair and function is easy to use.

CONS

Messaging within the app is slow and unreliable. Amount of notifications received is too much and not easily customizable. Not having the ability to show a staff’s shift from another department that work multiple departments when printing is kind of a bummer (if I am scheduled to work as a manager in admin department, I will not show up in the restaurant department even though I am assigned and appear on schedule).

Reason for choosing 7shifts

Price was the biggest decision maker. Ease of use. And the fact the dev team listen and evolve to make the end user’s experience better is the key reason for the switch. I’ve already seen over 10 major upgrades over the past 2 years. No other products out there can do what 7shifts can!

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

I started with Microsoft excel. It’s free, but you get what you paid for. Workarounds after workarounds. Then I tried “when I work”. It’s great, but they charge by the employee, which gets pretty expensive after 50+ people. MakeShift was recommended by our payroll company because our time clock is sync’d with MakeShift so we can effectively use labour forecast vs actual labour. But that’s the only thing good about it. Hate the fact I need to use 3 different apps - 1 for manager, 1 for staff scheduling and 1 for messenging… price is also higher too. 7shifts’s pricing is excellent. Flat fee, unlimited employees was huge. Plus the functions available was almost perfect! It hits every check mark and then some. If our time clock data (ADP) can be uploaded to 7shifts or have an integration between the two, that would be a dream come true!

Tom, thank you SO much for such a detailed review with so much thought and consideration - our entire team really appreciates it and looks forward to providing your business with value for years to come.

Replied September 2021

Reviewed August 2021

Best scheduling / timesheet app to date!

Support has been amazingly helpful and all around compassionate. Makes us happy to feel like we're a part of a community where our concerns are heard.

PROS

Responsiveness. Ease of use. Employees not complaining for once!

CONS

With scheduling, we have staff that want to have the same recurring shift week to week. This changes often so having a template for a time period versus just a person is proving difficult. Staff keep saying "but I thought that was my shift every week?" What's happening is, they offered their shift to someone else so when we copy the prior week to a new week, the wrong employee gets assigned the shift. This is getting hard to manage. Need the ability to print out day schedules the same way weekly ones look. We print our schedules out daily and assign breaks from them plus we leave notes about the day. Currently the only option to print a day view is in list mode and that does not show you visually where holes in scheduling are. We did find a way around it by printing the day view from the manager dashboard but that prints out the website not just the schedule. We close out pay periods but they are still just sitting there as open, so that's confusing. I wish we could name our group chats and create multiple versions with the same people. We like having group chats around topics to keep messages separate and easy to reference.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Stability. Mobile-friendly needs. Usability.

Thanks for the super detailed review. Please feel free to share this directly with our team at support@7shifts.com so we can work with you to make these suggested improvements!

Replied September 2021

Jayelynn

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Helpful and Easy to Use

Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

PROS

You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

CONS

Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

7shifts was less expensive and much easier to use plus it integrated with our point of sale system.

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

Replied September 2019

Ashley

Reviewed January 2024

7shifts for the win!

PROS

Getting 7Shifts set up was super easy! The process to integrate with the other platforms that we use was also very simple. This is important because not all companies have an IT department that can blow through tech set up. 7Shifts can be used by anyone.

CONS

The only complaint I have is the that you aren't able to use the tip management feature unless you use 7shifts' payroll processing as well.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

The price was right and they integrate with our tech stack.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

We quit using Compeat all together so we needed to find multiple new solutions for the tech we were replacing.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any concerns or feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to reviews@7shifts.com.

Replied January 2024

Matthew

Music, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Matt C's review

Easy to use and track scheduling, great and fast customer service!

PROS

Ease of scheduling and ability to change and trade shifts on mobile.

CONS

It can be a bit hard to navigate on mobile sometimes.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Expedite schedule making and tracking of shifts.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! We love hearing about how 7shifts has positively impacted your restaurant. If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to reviews@7shifts.com for any extra feedback or questions.

Replied March 2024

Ryan

Reviewed May 2019

7 Shifts Review

From the beginning of the free trial that the support team set us up, to the end of the trial just showed how great of a program 7 shifts is. My employees are already raving about it and how easy the phone app is too. The program is great and so is the customer service from the support team.

PROS

Ease of use, customer service, speed, responsiveness, price, does exactly what we were looking for.

CONS

Can't think of a con...just a great program

Reason for choosing 7shifts

It just seemed like the best product for the price...and again the customer service was great too.

Thanks for the review Ryan! We're excited to hear that 7shifts has been easy to setup and that you and your staff are loving it. Also, thanks for the kind words regarding our customer service. We take the support we provide our clients very seriously so it mean a lot to us to hear that it has been a benefit to you. All the best!

Replied May 2019

Longtime user

Absolutely great! If you have any issues they help you out right away. Plus they are always evolving and take their customers suggestions and implement them.

PROS

Very easy to use. Lots of integration options and they are continually adding more. Easy for staff to use!

CONS

Not everything you need to do is on the mobile app or sometimes hard to find.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

7shifts was very easy to use and they got back to me very quickly with any questions. They features they offered also interested us and it looked ( and is) very easy to use.

Thanks for the kind words Sarah! We are humbled by your feedback, and happy to hear you have found a lot of value in our platform once you made the switch from Hot Schedules. Keep an eye out for even more great functionality being added soon. Also, I'm going to have a member of our mobile team reach out to you in order to hear about your ideas for improving our mobile apps to better suit you.

Shannon

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Great product, and the price is so affordable

The best piece to me was taking scheduling, time off requests, availability, and budgeting and putting them into a single piece of software.

PROS

I loved getting to a digital schedule that I could easily push notifcations to my employees. It really streamlined the schedule process for my business and allowed me to simplify several processes into one.

CONS

I was very happy with the software, however the only thing that made me switch was to get as many things under a single software suite as possible. We now use square for POS, scheduling, time tracking, payroll management, etc.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

I already have excel and used it prior, but I needed something that was much more advanced.

Brandon

Reviewed December 2020

Whole team loves it! Super easy to use

I'm a super fan! They even sent us a sweet box of swag! Even before that we fell in love with the software. The number one thing though is how easy it is to use.

PROS

Incredibly simple to set up and begin using. Team loves the autonomous features that give them control off requesting shifts and time off. Management loves how easy it to publish weekly schedules. My favorite features are the reporting and labor budgeting tools.

CONS

I wished I would have deployed it sooner

7shifts was the easiest to use and had a more friendly UX,UI

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

The old software didn't integrate with our new POS system.

Thanks so much for the review, Brandon! A lot of time and attention goes into designing 7shifts to give our restaurant clients a great experienceso we're glad you're experiencing that at Acorn Grill! Happy scheduling :)

Replied January 2021

Kayla

7Shifts Review - Kayla Cunningham

Overall I have had a good experience with 7shifts. I have used several other employee databases and this application seems to work the quickest without error. I would recommend this to anyone looking for something similar.

PROS

It's simplistic and easy for users to clock in, monitor their earnings, and communicate with other coworkers. I can use the pin pad to clock in right when I get to work or I have the option to manually write in my hours each of the week.

CONS

Entering in my hourly work on a daily basis can be tedious, but I wouldn't say I dislike it.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

I switched employers. I'm glad this employer didn't have what I previously used it was slow, and didn't have the same amenities available.

Thanks so much for the review Kayla!

Melisa

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

I love 7shifts!

PROS

I love 7shifts! It's easy to use, easy to schedule, easy for my staff. I can communicate with the whole team at once, can look at the whole month of requests off, the reports are handy for seeing who has had what time off, etc. The team can trade shifts amongst themselves and everybody can get ahold of each other when needed. I also like that I have quick easy access to things like employee start dates, etc without having to go digging through their file!We do not sync this with our POS or payroll, but I do use it to double check when I have a time clock entry that seems off.It's also nice to be able to easily access the schedule from years prior!All around good product at a fair price!

CONS

I wish that some features of this product were not only available with the more expensive plan. Reminders for important staff dates would be helpful, but isn't worth the extra $$. Same with a manager log book, I'd love to use it with our business, but it's not worth the price difference to unlock these two items.I've only ever had a couple of issues I've run into. While support wasn't always able to correct them or address them head on, they've always done what they're able to &/or have put in feature requests, etc.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

We were a brand new business and had shopped around for scheduling software. I also had previously used several other products, but wasn't necessarily keen on what I'd used before. We opted for a different product, but it didn't have the same usability as 7shifts. Glad we realized this early on! We made the switch and have no intention of changing again!

Ashley

Supermarkets, 11-50 employees

7Shifts Needs Ways to Search for Message Posts that Have Happened in the Past

The scheduling feature, though I do not make the work schedule, seems to work well.

PROS

The way the schedule is laid out on the dashboard is nice and easy to see and understand.

CONS

I need a way to know employee phone numbers when they are not scheduled. On the iPad app, I currently hover over their name (when they are scheduled) and their phone number appears. My coworker is somehow able to see all employee phone numbers regardless of when the person is scheduled, but we could not get access to that on another device. This brings me to another issue: the ability to use all of the features pan-device. It seems like some employees can get some information on some devices, but we cannot find/use every feature on every device, app or website. In the communication/messaging area, we need to be able to bold, underline, and italicize, just like in an email. We need to be able to search for messages, just like in emails.This software is very slow on every device I have used, and in multiple internet connectivity areas. Sometimes a customer is asking for a particular employee. Rather than physically walking around and searching our 4500 sq ft store and office space that's in a separate area, it would be nice to be able to check 7Shifts to see if that person is even working—alas, I can usually walk the entire floor and check three separate office spaces BEFORE the 7shifts Dashboard loads.

Brianna

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great, just needs some tweaks.