MatrixCare Life Plan Community Software Reviews

MatrixCare Life Plan Community Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"The ability to progress through the program with ease is do important in a busy medical building. Our nurses are busy caring for patients and appreciate the user friendly product we provide for them."
  • icon"Great Environment and people. Hardworking and dedicated management who always encourage to development."
  • icon"Customer Service and Support is excellent. They are very responsive and help to customize the software to our business needs."
  • icon"Because of the amount of data, the system will frequently not run at a decent pace for the users. This causes some discord with the users."
  • icon"You really have to train and meet regularly in order to use it to its fullest potential. It is very time consuming and costly and is not customizable."
  • icon"No specific program for nurse practitioner or Physician assistant."

All MatrixCare Life Plan Community Reviews

Paula

A good partnership

We have made a great difference in our documentation and our careplans with AOD . I do a lot of teaching with this system and enjoy it

Pros

Once a person is using the software they generally have no problems. It has many areas that are useful in LTC. When I put in a issue the response is fantastic and I have learned a lot from support. I liked the last webinar because it focused on LPC not Matrix care which helps a lot.

Cons

Need more ability to change the system on this end. Makes for faster fixing things. If I get someone on the phone with someone who does not know LPC it makes for misunderstandings as they do not understand that we do not have all the same feature.

Reasons for choosing MatrixCare Life Plan Community

easier to use more options in program

Reasons for switching to MatrixCare Life Plan Community

Kept losing data from that system

Years of Use

In the years we have used the software there have been some great updates, some state/federal updates, but no matter what issues come up support is always willing to listen and re-teach when needed.

Pros

MatrixCare LPC is generally easy to use and implement. Contains most if not all of what a CCRC will need to run their business.

Cons

There are some clunky issues integrating different companies. For example even if a resident has an active admission in one company a discharge in a separate company will cancel all resident appointments. Another example would be even though profiles are shared, some attachments are not like hospital records, which would have to be uploaded in two different areas or downloaded and emailed to another part of the campus/etc.

Reasons for switching to MatrixCare Life Plan Community

We switched from CareTracker and Comet when we first implemented MatrixCare for our Nursing Facility. MatrixCare has and easier way to track census data, billing, Point of Care, MDS and more. We were able to implement a lot more useful things like user defined forms and scheduling.

Review for MatrixCare-LPC

While it would be nice to be able to pick up the phone and call them (sometimes) they are pretty responsive via email. It would be nicer to have more access to them during evenings (I'm on the west coast) and maybe Saturday or Sunday. The one or 2 times I've had to call them after hours for an emergency they have been very qucik to respond, and the person that responded was the person who was able to assist straight away.

Pros

When we had all aspects of our business been run through it (EHR,HR, Payroll, A/R, A.P. GL, POS) it was easy to administer as there is only one spot to setup, now that we have other systems its getting a bit more convoluted!

Cons

More robust POS with a better GUI (we did use Retail tracker for a number of years) The GUI for the Med records could be more user friendly/intuitive! Pricing is on the high side, I do see they have come out with a "tier" system which may benefit us a bit better.

Reasons for choosing MatrixCare Life Plan Community

Well its been 20 years since that decision was made, I don't think the application has weathered well over those 20 years, not when we are using applications that have been developed with the web in mind from the ground up.

Charlene

MatrixCare LPC Review

Overall using MatrixCare has been a good experience. They are working to update the software in many areas to keep up with the market. When you have an issue technical support is quick to respond and try to help resolve the problem. The bad side of that is if technical cannot fix the problem immediately it gets passed on to research and you seldom get updated on the progress from there on.

Pros

I like that it encompasses all of the facets of our businesses. It includes demographics, the medical chart, financial, point of sale and inventory. With Matrix you can have one software package that feeds information into other modules which reduces double entry and possible errors.

Cons

There are areas of the software that need to be upgraded. There are functions that are needed that have not been written into the programming so you have to find other ways of supplying data to your users or it will take them five key clicks when two should be enough.

Reasons for choosing MatrixCare Life Plan Community

Again, the integration of the software between clinical and financial made it the obvious choice for our business.

Kimberly

Matrix Care at The Village

We haven't realized the benefits quite yet. Too early. Poor training. Poor implementation, partially due to Covid. Difficult software to self teach even with the computer resources.

Pros

We are new to using My Chart in AL and MS. We like the ease of documenting for the CNAs. A perfect way to capture all the needed information.

Cons

We don't know what we don't know. Poor training plan and implementation. We are not utilizing the platform to its full potential and paying a lot of money. Difficult to navigate from certain screens to the next. Not a big fan.

Reasons for choosing MatrixCare Life Plan Community

Corporate decision. Already using AOD for financial component.

Donna

Accounting Manager review

My overall experience is positive. The support staff is very knowledgeable and is to contact with issues that arise. They are also helpful when I need reports and at times have had to create reports. Training new employees on the software is relatively easy as well. I also like the ability to review documents prior to updating, to ensure all is done correctly.

Pros

The Matrix system is easy to use. I was not here when it was originally started. I have now been using it for 16 years. The modules work together well. When the Census is updated the billing software is tied together to make the process easy. I like being able to drill down and find details in the General Ledger. I like the updates are usually smooth.

Cons

We don't use all the features, as there are so many. We had thought about utilizing the payroll piece, but decided against it when it came to find out we would be responsible for filing the taxes. The only thing I find frustrating is that 2 people can't be on a record at the same time. I have to wait for someone to close before I can review and discuss issues.

Mesfin

Billing, CIP and Fixed Assets modules

Very helpful and quick support personnel. They make life easy.

Pros

Billing:- I use 1st/3rd party and using it since 2013 and so far don't have major problem using and exploring it. CIP and Fixed Assets:- The CIP is just for recording the data. Other than that anything you want to do with the data you have to save it and do it in Excel. It needs to include some features to get reports by projects and be able to transfer the data to fixed assets instead of doing manual journal entries which is time consuming.

Cons

It freezes frequently but not sure if it is from the server but we use cloud. The support staff can't tell you exactly what happened when you have some problem but they are good in resolving it.

Laurie

Pro's and Con's of MatrixCare Life Plan Community

We enjoy having everything on one platform eliminating the need to import and export all the time.

Pros

One of the things I like most about MatrixCare is the All-In-One software platform. You can go from producing Year-End Financials to scheduling a ballast replacement to adding a Payroll bonus to billing a resident for wound care in seconds all within the same software.

Cons

The item I like least about the software is the ability to find easy answers to "How to..." questions. It is very frustrating when looking for answers on the Community Support or Help sites, they are NOT user friendly. I don't want to read 100 blog entries in order to figure out I should probably watch one these 15 video's to figure out which one I need.

andrew

one stop shop

ive been using the MC LPC system in some form (AIM,AAOD,AOD,MC) for nearly 20 years. ive seen it evolve and conform to the industry unlike any other platform out there. I have been a member of the CAB since it began and seen the work of that team change the software positively many times.

Pros

my favorite thing about the software is that it simply does more, more than any other package, to truly move to a paper free environment MC LPC is the product that gets you there. also the customization and relationship of the vendor and the client.

Cons

because of the amount of data, the system will frequently not run at a decent pace for the users. this causes some discord with the users. better reporting would be the only want/need

LPC Review

We are trying to make it easier for the staff to document all that is needed while spending as much time as they can with the residents.

Pros

The ability to write ID notes from all over the system and the ability to be in something, but use a link to review other information and then go right where you left off.

Cons

The physician order module to remove the time codes and make it easier for staff to remember to add information to an order. We implemented years ago and set up the system with the best practices at that time. Seeing now how some companies are doing things can be frustrating. I wish we would have a best practices for now explained and someone to help keep up with this.

Leah

Overall, a good product

Customer service is exceptional and they have a fantastic number of experts that can assist with your questions and even with brainstorming different setups in the software.

Pros

We operate a life planning community with the need for facility management in both licensed and unlicensed settings. We like the operability across all of our level of care and the ability for the patient chart to stay within one software.

Cons

Integrations with other software products are very expensive. They offer a number of other software solutions for needs such as retail sales, meal tracking, etc. that are not fully integrated.

Grace

After you understand this software inside out, it's such an awesome product.

I was able to do my job very quickly. It's hard to use at first, but I really loved using it after I understood it well. It's very organized as well. I wish I knew how to make software like this.

Pros

- Organized - Flexible in types of reports you want to run - Support team is great - You can use it anywhere as long as you have Internet

Cons

- Some of the calculations were incorrect, so you have to make extra steps to make it work properly - Some features, that made it very easy to use, like for rate increases, you need to buy them, otherwise it would take hours to find the residents that are up for a rate increase.

Chantele

LPC Community

My overall experience with Matrixcare Life Plan Community has been incredible. I really like the how to documents and the webinars. The platform is a great tool for resources needed for training newly onboarding staff members.

Pros

One of the features that is most impactful about the platform is the data analytics. The ability to do a dip dive into the data is awesome.

Cons

The feature that I feel could be improved on would how the system lags sometimes. As the clinical system administrator, I receive calls from end users often complaining about the slowness of the system.

Linda

MatrixCare -LPC

The experience has been very good.

Pros

Matrixcare LPC is user friendly and has a lot of features that are useful across all levels of care -AL,IL,MS etc. It has good reporting as well within the software and the team also has the ability to assist with custom reporting as well. The customer support is also very good.

Cons

Currently with our organization, Matrixcare does not work with Single Sign On, as opposed to other softwares that we are using. It is another extra password to remember.

Kate

MatrixCare has many great features but is not a super intuitive software

Mostly positive. We were with the former AOD that was purchased by MatrixCare. I think they are currently going through some growing pains.

Pros

It is a very robust software that has many features that we are continuing to learn.

Cons

For the accounting portion, the reporting section is lacking. I would also like for them to work on the print function. You have to select a printer before it will build a report....I would prefer to build the report and then get to choose where I would like for it to print.

Debbie