• Pros

• "It is easy to use. When we first started implementing it, there was a lot of assistance with set-up and training."

• "Matrixcare is user friendly. Very easy to find what you need quickly."

• "I used this software while working as a discharge planner in a nursing home. It was easy in terms of documentation. "

• Cons

• "Some aspects of reporting, setting up features, or making changes are cumbersome. Security templates are too rigid especially for smaller facilities where staff overlap in functions."

• "Occasionally system glitches as well as needs a comment or additional note section for each resident"

• "Can't think of anything, the functionality of product works for us."

Browse MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility Reviews

Markus from Healthcare Management Services

Thankful we went with MatrixCare

Excellent and very responsive!

Pros

It is very comprehensive and meets all of our clinical, admission, census, and billing needs. The BEST part is MatrixCare is always upgrading and improving as the needs change, changes are not based on what programmers think would be cool, changes and improvements are all based on the input and feedback from users! Implementation process was AMAZING!!! Full road map provided to implement system, ongoing support throughout process, customized to our needs, and full optimization review at the end to determine what needs greater focus to maximize.

Cons

I really have n0 complaints regarding the product or services.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

Point Click Care engaged us frequently as if there were no options and their product was superior, they never fully understood who we were as a customer and we felt that we were to bend to meet their expectations. In the end, the Implementation Plan/Proposal was clearly a differentiator and it ended up being critical for our success.

Reasons for Switching to MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

At the time, we felt our current product and options were not keeping up with where the needs were going.

Chris from Salt River Community Care

Good review

We have had good overall experience with the program. It is easy for one user to teach another user the functions needed for their daily tasks.

Pros

Cons

The price keeps going up. There may be features added that we are unaware of and could be using. Some employees have a need to have multiple log-ins due to not being able to access certain features with their original templates. It is difficult to go back and set-up new forms or change forms. There are very few staff left at our facility that know how to navigate this process.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

We like the set-up better and ease of finding things. Easy to learn to use.

Tina from Eskaton

All computer knowledge ease of use

Easier to use than many others available.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to learn even for those with limited computer knowledge. Wide variety of report options. The ability to set up multiple user profiles.

Cons

Inability to create certain reports. Wish it had additional census line options.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

The ease of use, the observation options, care plan options, ability to create or modify observations

Rachel from Eastern Star Home of Illinois

Some Lost and Some Gained

MatricCare works and meets our needs. The size of our building makes the cumbersome parts of MatrixCare that frustrate me not as big of a deal. If I were a larger building, I would be extremely frustrated if I had any experience with some of the other softwares at just how much back and forth there is with this software.

Pros

Customer Service is where MatricCare shines. Our representative follow up is second to none. if we have any questions, they are answered, and answered timely. Great options for uploading documents and growth capability.

Cons

I feel that compared to other softwares, the 'basics'... maybe even the basics that we took for granted before, are markedly more difficult. For example... want to come in and look at everything charted for the last 24 or 72 hours to make sure you're not missing anything and everything is running well and followed up on? That was a click of a button before. Now that isn't possible. Need to chart the same one sentence on every patient? That was amazingly simple prior... now it is an extra 2-3 clicks per patient, per note... and while that may seem trivial, those add up!

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

I was not a part of the decision, so I can't say. As i love the corporation and our service providers, I would guess these individuals and their responsiveness was a huge part of the decision making process.

Reasons for Switching to MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

I switched softwares when i switched buildings....

Michelle from Church Homes Inc., Congregational

We love MatrixCare

Pros

Post implementation support was simply outstanding.

Cons

When I provide a suggestion, I would like feedback as to when it might be implemented or where they are in the process.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

The nursing department made the final decision. They found the med pass feature to be much easier to use then PCC.

ROSEMARIE from PIGEON FALLS HEALTH CARE CENTER

Matrix reveiw

I am satisfied with Matrix. I find it easy to move around in the system. I have a lot of rights as the administrator of the facility, so I can see what is new and available.

Pros

all discipline's progress notes are in one place. I can get the picture of the resident in one place. It has observations and events. They assist in getting a clear picture for completing the MDS. Our organization is an Institute for Mental Disease, IMD, 2 smaller nursing homes and assisted livings. Our needs are diverse. Matrix can accommodate the different needs within the organization. We can customize observations, etc. I have given feed back to other organizations thinking about changing to Matrix.

Cons

The piecemeal costs. I am a small facility within a larger organization. I run a 37 bed SNF. As a smaller facility, it is hard to sell the cost, if the rest of the organization doesn't need the particular add on.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

the organization started Matrix in my SNF as a trial. It was initially considered for the functionality and ability to obtain the data in such a way that filling out the MDS was done most accurately.

Rae-Ann from Cassia

Skilled Nursing Service Review

Excellent reporting and data abstraction. We are given so many tools to track and monitor our success.

Pros

I have a lot of positive items to point out relating to MatrixCare Software. It is very reliable and is almost never down. Actually, I don't remember the last time the system went down. I would venture to guess it's been more than 18 months for our facilities. The communication of product enhancement is wonderful. The help desk staff is always very friendly and helpful when calling with questions. The CCD for resident transfers to hospital hits all the necessary and important documentation for a safe transfer to the hosptial or home. The ease of printing client records and resident documents is a huge positive. This is just to mention a few items that I enjoy most about the system.

Cons

Sometimes something added to a wish list can take quite a long time before it is added to an upgrade.

Reasons for Switching to MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

Not sure, above my pay grade.

Kaitlin from Cassia

User Friendly (mostly)

Pros

As a user, I feel like I understand how most areas within MaxtrixCare work. The dashboard is my favorite part so I can easily click on different aspects of care. I also like the grid box on the upper left corner where I can find areas/categories of care where I use most often.

Cons

Sometimes when I'm writing a note or observation, other windows with pop over what I'm writing or vice versa, and the window I'm writing on will pop under a different window. It's quite frustrating because it happens often. I also do not like that if you have an observation open, and you go to add a progress note, the observation immediately closes and does not save.

Elizabeth from Homestead Health Center

MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility Software

Homestead has had a very satisfying experience with MatrixCare. As our facility accesses the newer aspects of MatrixCare, we find functionality for options which may not have been available in earlier versions of the software.

Pros

Using MatrixCare for over 15 years, I find it is very user friendly and easy to train. It provides our facility with the access and information needed to care for our residents. Customer support is very professional and promptly addresses issues we may experience.

Allyson from Lakeside Generations

Great Software, easy to use

Pros

From my standpoint in medical records, I feel the software is very user friendly. It's easy to use & easy to customize to my specific needs.

Cons

I don't know of anything off the top of my head, that i don't like about the product.

Teri from Eskaton Properties, Inc.

MatrixCare EHR for Skilled Nursing Facilities

Have worked with this product for 18 yrs in SNF and assisted living

Pros

Easy to use and implement. Can customize many of the forms if you choose without difficulty. Both clinicians and billing like this product. Integrates with Great Plains and several other software products

Cons

Would like it to communicate better with our assisted living communities

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

Ease of use and comprehensive product

Char from OCAHS

Antiquated and out of touch with today's world

SNF was ok. You folks are clueless about Senior Living other than nursing home.

Pros

The nursing home software. The outstanding tech support folks

Cons

What a mess! 1. We were told in 2013 when we bought this for our nursing home, that "they" were putting in a fix for the phone numbers to "jump" from one space to the next. Almost 8 years later, "they" have never done this. 2. You can add physicians from your corporate capabilities but you cannot add a pharmacy. 3. There are SKADS of mandated fields that should be optional. Example - you may or may not need the email of a physician or his/her NPI number but those are mandated - wastes a LOT of time for facilities that will not ever use those. Same with addresses, etc. 4. On billing, the scripts should be editable by us, not Matrix. What a hassle to get the size and language changed - it's an act of god! 5. You cannot sort a report that lists everyone who has X pharmacy! Hello? That's just plan foolish 6. On reports the date does not default to current date and then you change from that if needed - cumbersome and illogical 7. It is soooo out of touch with the world. We have IL and AL but Matrix calls everyone PATIENTS! Seriously? Nursing home people are RESIDENTS and at the very least, IL and AL are residents but for many, TENANTS. 8. There is no package for logical AL - it's all sort of modified nursing home - and the language is ALL nursing home - Care Plans instead of Service Plans for example. And the meds - all completely based on nursing home. 9. I wish we had not already had Matrix for our nursing home, we sure would not have gotten it for AL.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

Would never choose again, now knowing how bad it is for AL. And the salesperson was extremely slow. The folks who helped us set up the AL and our billing were very good but poor them to have to work with inferior products.

Susan from Health Concepts

Best software for SNF LTC

MatrixCare has been one of the best software solutions for our organization.

Pros

The company is forward thinking and works to best tailor the product to the current regulatory needs of the SNF

Cons

Some areas could use an update to help improve communication with other employees/vendors/physicians through their internal message system.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

Overall the product had a much better flow and easy to instruct and learn from all levels of technical ability.

Reasons for Switching to MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

Needed to partner with a solution that was headed in the same technology direction that we were.

Michael from Whitney Oaks Care Center

Serves its purpose for my field

Good, serves its purpose, but would like to see an upgraded version, more user friendly with drop down menus.

Pros

Cons

Some features are not available on the care planning option such as drop down menus. In addition, trying to get specific things narrowed down by category is not easy, or simply not possible on this version. Also, the services would drop more often than should be expected, causing inconvenience while trying to work.

Jennifer from Altercare

Matrix Care Review

The current API that we can add face sheets from our other software is time saving but again other API's are needed to increase efficiency.

Pros

I like Matrix Care. When on boarding new hires, Matrix is almost self explanatory. It doesn't take much time for new hires to use this software error free. Would recommend to new companies searching for a new software.

Cons

Would like more API's to integrate into our other systems.

Laurence from Valley View

One Platform

Fantastic experience and history with MatrixCare

Pros

We will soon be adding Mealtracker and Accounting functionality which will allow us to have medical records and these other functions all on one platform.

Cons

Can't think of anything, the functionality of product works for us.

Erin from Brookside Retirement Community

Brookside Rocks!!

Great!

Pros

I like that it's thorough and simple to use and easy to train a person how to use.

Cons

Dislikes is that nursing aide don't have the option to go back and correct if they mis charged. The other software I used before allows that option and I found it very nice.

Tikeesha from Hillside Rehab and Care Center

AR employee review

Pros

This product is one of the easier to use for long term care billing that I have used in past. Customer support is amazing.

Cons

Some reports could be more easily found/identified. Same with navigating the entry areas for certain demographics.

Lisa from Clearview

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

after the sales pitch, very frustrating

I would not recommend this product to anyone. MatrixCare has taken our facility back 10 years. Normal daily functions are split because very little is able to be accomplished at a corporate level but have to be accomplished facility by facility (we have 7 facilities!!!), so many of our reports that need to be run week by week are taking us 7 times longer.

Pros

Very little...but I do have to say that their staff try really hard to fix problems. Unfortunately, most of whom I've spoken with do not have the rights to correct most of the issues that I call in for.

Cons

We are unable to customize to our needs, and if customization is needed, it will happen ONLY if other facilities request the same "customization". Getting and keeping users in the system is next to impossible with the built in requirements by MatrixCare. We have been working with their customer service for almost a year on 2 different problems we've experienced from the start, beginning this past Feb., still working on it. We were promised, not once but SEVERAL times during the sales pitch that updates would be 10-15 minutes and extremely unnoticeable...in less than a year our NOC shift has had over 50 HOURS of downtime because of all of the (4 HOUR) updates. Sometimes updates are run not once, but several times a month, each at 4 hours downtime.

Marybeth from Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Center

Matrix care of SNF

Overall satisfied, other than issue with meal tracker integration.

Pros

Easy to use, comprehensive. Support team very helpful.

Cons

Integration not the easiest with other software (does not fully integrate with meal tracker)

Fern from Baptist Health Care Center

Nice Product

Pros

User friendly. Easy use of the drop down boxes.

Cons

Not much to complain about, some of the things are the way they are set up at the Corporate level, so not much Matrix could do about that.

Alaina from Columbine Health Systems

Requested Review

Pros

It is user friendly and very straight forward.

Cons

EPCS should have a webinar to review so that companies can make a decision about whether the functionality works for their work flow.

Janice from PruittHealth

Matrix SNF software

Pros

I enjoy the ease of accessing all records and information with the same system.

Cons

I dislike the short time span prior to it automatically logging you out.

Jennifer from Westerly Health Center

Userfriendly!

Pros

Matrixcare is user friendly. Very easy to find what you need quickly.

Cons

There's not current ability to sign documents. I think this is coming, but would be helpful with agreements, ect.

JAYNE from Rosedale Green

Matrixcare

Very easy to navigate.

Pros

User friendly, wonderful customer service

Cons

Not enough lines in A/P under misc vendor to type check info. Need 4 lines instead of 3.

Michelle from Bridgemark

Initial review

Pros

Timeliness of responses when calling customer support

Cons

Scheduler component; inability for system to change scheduled items if payor source changes

Healthcare Documentation Review

In our line of work, which is healthcare, nurses do a lot of documentation, which is the legal way to do it, but due to the stress of trying to finish their documentation, they forget the real essence of nursing, which is patient care. Quality patient care is not provided when nurses have to worry about documentation and whether or not they will finish charting on time.

Pros

What I like most about MatrixCare is that you can just answer specific questions that are relevant to your line of work and you don't have to worry about the irrelevant questions. You just save your answers and your tasks are done!

Cons

What I do not like about this software is that they have to put a lot of questions in there instead of simplifying it --- although we do not have to answer all of them, I think it is a waste of time and effort putting them there in the first place.

Yolanda from PruittHealth Trent

Healthcare

Pros

Easy to log on and navigate through the charting aspect

Cons

Can’t multi task gotta answer each question separately

Daniella from Parkdale Manor

"Allows for less errors in care"

Makes giving report quicker which means more time to take care of residents

Pros

Gives you multiple choice questions and answers for each resident leaving little room for errors in care

Ruth from Gundersen Care Centers

Matrix at a long term care facility

Pros

I am pretty familiar with the software at this point I know it better than other systems. I can use many of the reports to collect data. I don't have a functional data system within matrix so I still have to convert the reports to charts on my own.

Cons

I dislike that the add ons are so expensive and thus we don't have most of them. I dislike care assist but I also disliked the previous MAR setup. I think care assist is better than the previous, some of what I dislike about it could be altered at the facility level.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

cost and functionality, overall professional look of display on screen

Craig from Wear LTC

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

MatrixCare Review

Pros

We deal with if through an interface with our LTC Pharmacy software. It is pretty intuitive and works well with our system.

Cons

We often have interface issues with the VPN not working. We don't have issues with our other software interfaces. This is changing this quarter, so hopefully it will be better.

Natalie from Helia Healthcare

I am still learning.

Pros

I am still learning and I am not for sure what I like.

Cons

Unable to move between residents easily without going back to search for a resident. Also I do not like you have to login to claims management to see UBs for a resident. All information should be accessible per resident.

Megan from Wellsville retirement community

Pros

Setting up different categories- diabetic, emar, etc.

Cons

No new message notification - have to click on messages to check everyday when it could give you a little red 1 for a new message

David from Kings Harbor

Satisfied customer

Pros

Ability to insure regulatory requirements met.

Cons

Report writer could be more powerful. Ability to track accidents and incidents

Matt from Viaquest

Need more features

I like it and would recommend this software for its ease of use

Pros

It is really easy to use and to navigate once you get used to it. Screens are not cluttered and “clean.”

Cons

It would be much more helpful if I could drill down with the searches like “show me all patients belonging to nurse “x”

Tanya from Mercyhealth System

This is an easy to use program.

Pros

The training built into the software is excellent and the application itself is simple to use.

Cons

I would love to see customizable security template builds available within the software.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility

Ability to customize the application to fit our needs.

September 2015

Julie from Augustana Care

September 2015

We transitioned from one EHR to MatrixCare. The best transition I have experience in my career

The MatrixCare clinical software is very end user friendly and fairly simple to maintain. Good solid advice and foundational work in the clinical build was essential. The reporting capability far exceeds what other products offer in my experience. All MatrixCare staff from the Account Manager, to PM staff, Clinical Education staff and development staff are exceptional in customer service and knowledge of their software resulting in best practices and software design. I do hope that given development on the financial software that we can move to a totally integrated system some day in the future.

Elizabeth from Lincoln Tech

I felt ok using this software.

No real benefits

Pros

The ability to upload patient pictures made it easier to identify them when giving medication. Especially fror those nurse who did not know the patients.

Cons

Difficult to locate what you needed to review. No easy way to pull up just the orders though when you did find them, the order sheets were very detailed.

Tammy from Rockdale Healthcare Center

Great System

Provides a great solution for our care setting needs. Very user friendly

Pros

Ease of the product, great clinical support

Cons

None. The software meets all of our expectations.