Datacor ERP Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

FrontRunners 2017

Find out more:

• icon"We always have one or two projects cooking with Datacor, to help us get even more benefit from the system than we already get. Next on our docket is Datacor's CRM."
  • icon"What I like best about this product is that it is user friendly with easily accessible menus."
  • icon"What makes chempax really good is their willingness to make adjustments to the software as needed and their availability when there are issues."
  • icon"The sales reports are a bit limited. It's difficult to compare year on year sales statistics."
  • icon"Up till now the primary complaint has been that Datacor has not updated their underlying database for 10 years (not even a patch)."
  • icon"The reporting is a little difficult to manipulate."

Browse all Datacor ERP Reviews

• Have you used Datacor ERP and would like to share your experience with others?

Christopher J.

Industry: Chemicals

Chempax is a great option for any midsized business needing a robust ERP

We have been using Chempax for over 15 years and continue to be very happy with it. The best part of Chempax is that they keep investing in the product. There are new releases coming our on a regular basis as they continue to add new functionality and integrate new technology. Datacor is in the process of a generational transition. They have hired a great new management team to keep the company and the product stable for decades to come. As a customer, we are thrilled to see this stability.

Pros

The support team is very responsive to our needs (we don't really need them for that much, but when we do need them they are always helpful and knowledgeable).

Cons

We need to buy a new server this year, we would like to see an accelerated investment in a cloud/hosted version of the product to reduce support costs.

Gilbert

Datacor ERP Review

We needed and ERP and Datacor was best compromise between the other software provider.

Pros

Accounting module works pretty well, as well as the manufacturing, inventory and order entry module. The implementation was relatively simple and smothly.

Cons

The weaknesses of this software are the production planning which is not developed enough for our application to be useable, the preventive maintenance module which is very very rudimentary and finally the standards reports from the system, are not user friendly and their concision not validated .

Jeremy

New Chempax

We have used Chempax for about 20 years. Overall the company has not been bad, but they have been unfair on licensing enough times that I'm more than tired of it. One time we mistakenly violated our agreement and they locked us out of our system rather than informing us of the issue and giving us an opportunity to fix it.

Pros

The overall software package is good for a small to medium size company. It handles about 80% of our day to day manufacturing processes. Everything from the formulation to the final invoice and even shipping can be done in the software. Not all of it is done well, but it can be done.

Cons

Up till now the primary complaint has been that Datacor has not updated their underlying database for 10 years (not even a patch). However, that in the last year or so they have unilaterally decided that "old" licensing agreements are no longer valid because of all the features they have added over the years and have moved customers to "new" licensing. This includes both cutting user licenses from 400 to 20 "equivalent new licenses" as well as doubling or even tripling the cost of those "new" licenses. This is all to support "new products" that have not come out though they were slated to be released a year ago. Unless you like a company that has no regard for signed agreements, I would strongly recommend you choose another product.

Richard

Chemical Distribution with Datacor ERP

Pros

That it is designed for Chemical Distributors & Manufacturers, this means the software helps us operate the business but also comply with the applicable government regulations.

Cons

It would have been nice for existing customers give feedback / suggestions on the screen layouts in the .NET version. Some are difficult to navigate / scroll and view all the required information at one time.

Ricca Product Management user view

Pros

I think one of the most useful features is the data audit trailing. I also find that the integration with other software is great like Datacor's CRM.

Cons

I feel like the pricing is slightly clunky. Part of it is due to the nature of our company and the way we use the pricing, but it makes it hard to find all pricing in one place no matter what type it is. Having separate price books makes culminating pricing slightly cumbersome. I also find the quoting system to be slightly clunky. Again part of it is because of the way we use the pricing feature, but I think there are ways to improve it.

Danielle

Chempax Review

The implementation was difficult. I wish Datacor would have had a better way to guide us through this. We pretty much tried to move our old system into this one instead of really making some improvements and having Datacor work better for us. Once we got on the system and got all the kinks worked out, it works wonderful and support is quick to respond.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and pretty easy to use. It reminds me of an out of the box software to a certain degree.

Cons

I would organize modules a little differently and allow for quicker editing in areas.

Reasons for choosing Datacor ERP

I was not involved in the research or decision of which ERP to switch.

Reasons for switching to Datacor ERP

Our old software was very outdated. In fact, it crashed an burned shortly after implementing Chempax.

June 2022

Datacor CS ERP continues to grow to meet industry needs!

Very positive and look forward to the what the future holds.

Pros

Technical Support is awesome! Has a lot of industry functionality and continues to expand it's offerings.

Cons

Needs some admin functionality to get it modern and more easily to update/modify.

Allan

August 2015

Very Good ERP software that is easy to work with.

Pros

It is very easy to get modifications done to suit the way you do business. If you have good knowledge about Access Databases then it is very easy to add things to the system without having to use the vendor. There is a yearly conference with open forums and training classes, where Datacor teach how to make changes to the software and also listen to the customers requests for features. Updates and added features are released on almost a weekly basis.

Cons

The licenses are expensive and managing licenses are done per machine and not per user.

Audrey

Top of the line !

Best product I've purchase!

Pros

Chempax customer service have all the patience to solve anything that you may concern and there technical support group are so knowledgeable about there product and all of its features so you can easily install and implement it properly.

Cons

I don't think you might call this a cons , but We are going \to purchase a new server so We are hoping for a lesser cost rather than spending the same price on our last purchase.

Krystalle

Review for Chempax Software

Pros

This software is very user-friendly and able to customize the layout to best fit your work scene. It is very helpful to navigate through the software.

Cons

When choosing between the Main Menu tabs, the windows will minimize automatically. This makes progress difficult when we have to reopen window to use each time. It would be very helpful to choose if we want to add our own comments to keep on the side task bar. (For example, if i wanted to leave a "post it" or "comment" in Chempax to remind me to create sales orders once the allocation is complete.) This will be nice to pin the comments in the background of the main screen, or to pin it to the side with the calendar view,remarks,...etc.

Tommy

Absolutely the Best ERP for Anyone in the Chemical Industry

Functionality built into the system helps us with every part of our business, including Accounting, Invoicing, Inventory, Regulatory Compliance, Sales Reporting and more. Datacor ERP is designed specifically for the chemical manufacturing and distribution industry. The way that the system is designed means that new features are constantly being rolled out to all of Datacor's customers, at no extra charge to other companies.

Pros

The folks at Datacor have been helping TLC run our business for over 16 years. The amount of integration into our business that we have been able to achieve with Datacor ERP is critical to our continuous improvement and sustained growth. We always have one or two projects cooking with Datacor, to help us get even more benefit from the system than we already get! Next on our docket is Datacor's CRM! We're almost ready to move forward on that project!

Cons

Inventory Management tools are in place, but are not completely intuitive and automated.

Lacie

Industry: Chemicals

Best Chemical Software on the Market!

Customer Service is great and the support group are extremely knowledgeable about their software and its functionality. Our implementation was very successful.

Pros

Chempax offers a complete solution to your chemical accounting needs. The software is specific to the Chemical Industry thus requiring less customization. Most of the features we desired in an Accounting software was already available. One of my favorite features is the Batch Manufacturing module with the Quality Control features. We eliminated hand written QC manufacturing logs.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the Chempax software. It was the best software purchase we ever made.

Suzanne

Datacor ERP - great strides

Pros

The latest version of Datacor ERP VB.Net is a great improvement over the years and has made my job so much more effective. Everything is at my fingertips and is very intuitive to the user. The Help Menu and Datacor University are excellent tools and have been very useful for our teams.

Cons

If you are not on SQL - it can get bogged down and error out if you have a lot of historical data.

Reasons for switching to Datacor ERP

Lack of support and they were not keeping up with the technological trends.

Aaron

All in one ERP system

We love the software and the continuous improvements. The support that is given when we have issues has been outstanding.

Pros

It is one system that does everything we need to successfully run our business. We are both a manufacturer and distributor and the system handles both.

Cons

We are not fully utilizing the software but, have every intention of fully implementing all the optional features in the future. The cost of the optional features is the only thing delaying our implementation.

Yolanda

August 2015

Have used this software for awhile now and makes my job alot simpler.

Pros

this software is very forgiving. Mistakes are easy to correct where with our previous software, not easy and very confusing. We have very good response to any questions about the software and help is there when we need it.

Cons

There are some issues being talked about....and I believe these will be discussed at the next conference. I do accounts payable and I don't have any issues, other departments may have some with the work they do.

Chas

Superior Industrial

Pros

As an administrator, the ability to customize reporting and data import/export is crucial to us.

Cons

Slow adoption to provide integration with other systems easily.

Lauren

August 2015

Great Software and easy to learn!

Pros

It's easy to learn and self explanatory. However, I wish there was a manual or classes my staff and I could set up for training.

Cons

When searching lots numbers (batches), I would like to see which lot is located to each order in the "Products" tab (near enterprise).

Laura

August 2015

Datacor Chempax has made my job so much easier.

Pros

Cons

One of my job functions is to create reports in Crystal and I wish Datacor had a training class for doing that. I have taken generic classes for Crystal, but that does not help in the understanding of Chempax's database structure.

MERARIS

User friendly

Pros

What I like most about Chempax is the AP module because it is very user friendly. I never had any issue contacting Datacor if I encounter any difficulty on Chempax.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Chempax is their detail reports on the GL module because there is not too much space on the comments column. The only thing I don't like about Datacor is that their customer service has eastern time hours.

Anne