Ekos Software Reviews

Ekos Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"It does everything we need, and is cloud based which is fantastic. Integrates with the other systems we need it to as well."
  • icon"The software interface is extremely user friendly, resulting in faster implementation and more employee productivity."
  • icon"I can fulfill sales orders from my mobile device using the EKOS app, or from my laptop, making anywhere in the world my mobile sales office."
  • icon"It is hard to delete stuff on Ekos when you make a mistake."
  • icon"The reporting tool is inflexible. Custom reports often time out with cryptic errors."
  • icon"4th feature requests seem to go into a black hole. Personally, have stopped entering them as no action was taken on them."

All Ekos Reviews

Dan

Always improving, top notch support, and great for the price.

Pros

Cons

Wish it was a bit faster, and a bit more "web 2.0" in that there are a lot of clicks needed to get to certain places. A little unintuitive at times, but it is always getting better.

Response from ekos

Hi Dan, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos and look forward to continuing to provide a positive user experience through our customer support.

Marcus

April 2022

Best Brewery Software for Quickbooks Integration

We are very pleased with the overall Ekos experience, which is light years ahead of our previous software and allows us to unlock greater productivity and organization without paying for a centralized ERP system.

Pros

Cons

I would love to see graphing functions added as we enter alot of data into the software that could readily be converted into visuals for production, sales, and quality control.

Reasons for choosing Ekos

The cost was lower than some of the centralized ERP systems we reviewed, and by allowing us to maintain existing accounting software our onboarding/training process was smoother.

Reasons for switching to Ekos

The older software was failing to accurate track cost of goods, and support was waning.

Response from ekos

Hi Marcus, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos and look forward to continuing to provide a positive user experience for you and your team.

Replied April 2022

Heather

Industry: Restaurants

October 2022

Ekos Review

I like working with Ekos, it is a quality software that has lots of features.

Pros

Software is easy to use, I like the format that tools are presented in.

Cons

Ekos does not integrate fully with the software that we use.

Response from ekos

Hi Heather, Thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos.

Stay away

We are looking for a new platform.

Pros

Pass. I would say the price, but you get what you pay for.

Cons

We have had a very similar experience as executive. Their "customer service" is just a forum with a webinar sprinkled in. We asked for a "bootcamp" style run through to which we got no response. We recently upgraded to their "new" ekos and found that we made a grave mistake. Yes we did ask for them to wipe ekos clean to start fresh. Yes they did tell us what that would get rid of. So we exported the files. We got the email that we were upgraded and ready to go Friday morning. When we went to get things ready for taxes that Sunday, 2 days later, we realized that our invoices didn't export properly. So we called first thing Monday morning to see if they could help. Turns out they only keep back ups for 2 days. When I spoke with "customer service" they just kept saying, we told you what would happen, we said everything would be gone, you shouldn't have relied on us for a back up. I knew everything would be gone. I didn't PLAN on relying on them for a back up. That's why its called a back up. We weren't relying on a back up, we weren't planning to use a back up. Back ups are created for when things go wrong. Something went wrong, and the next business day, we asked for help. Their "customer service" said that it was basically our fault and they aren't responsible for helping us recover that data. That data was all of our info to fill out for state and federal taxes. They deleted it after 2 days on a Sunday. Sign up at your own risk.

Response from ekos

Hi, Thank you for your feedback, we strive to provide the best experience. We will be sure to have your customer success manager reach out to schedule time to learn more.

Tracy

July 2022

Good for Front of house too

Pretty easy to use - sleek new update and I think it's straightforward for the most part!

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use being a small business and utilizing it both in the taproom & brewery. We keep up with inventory this way and moving kegs from production to taproom and it's incredibly easy.

Cons

I wish there were easier ways to cancel orders that were created by mistake from the taproom to the brewery and able to reconcile easier rather than having to remember "ok, I took 3 kegs, but it said I took 4, so next time I need to take 2 when I really need 3 to balance it out"

Response from ekos

Hi Tracy, Thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos.

Highly Recommend

Ekos is a constantly evolving, growing, and improving software that only gets better. I can't recommend them enough.

Pros

Their customer support is quick, friendly, and helpful (despite what others have said on this page). The features are never ending, therefore it may take a person quite some time to learn. Don't fret. I've been using the software daily for over 2 1/2 years and I'm still learning things. Anytime I have an issue, I just reach out to their support staff who returns my email in an hour or less typically. The best way to get a valuable response is to thoroughly describe your question or issue and include screen shots. They will almost always be able to figure out the issue immediately.

Cons

Because the software is constantly evolving and improving there can be some bugs that are challenging to work around. These issues can easily be solved by contacting Ekos Support, however.

Reasons for switching to Ekos

Ekos provides more features and an all encompassing production/warehouse/sales/financial solution.

Response from ekos

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos and look forward to continuing to provide a positive user experience through our customer support.

Esther

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Brewery Review

Inventory levels are viewed easily - beer that's in the tanks.

Pros

Brings everything to one place! Very helpful for all departments

Cons

Would like to customize it a bit more for our needs. We have a taphouse attached which we give product to. Also customizing reports - wish that was a little easier. Customizing a customer tracking report would be nice.

Reasons for choosing Ekos

Price point, functions it had - promise of continuous improvements

Response from ekos

Hi Esther, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos and look forward to continuing to provide a positive user experience through monitoring your inventory levels.

Christina

June 2022

Ekos

This helps keep taproom sales, wholesale sales, and production inventory updated and we are able to move product fairly easy.

Pros

Great at tracking inventory and synced with other software.

Cons

There are several steps for entering items and is sometimes a bit slow.

Response from ekos

Hi, Thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos.

Replied June 2022

Joe

April 2022

Ekos is great for us

The reporting features help us make decisions using past data as a guide.

Pros

We use this to track everything in the brewery. The reporting features are great as well.

Cons

I wish there was more integration with other software like Beersmith

Replied April 2022

Michawl

October 2022

SGBc

Recently onboarded, they’ve been very helpful

Pros

The accounting integration to track COGS with corresponding sales

Cons

Filters on reporting are not very user friendly

Thomas

EKOS - The only software of its kind!

Pros

EKOS is an industry specific software that provides all the features you need while operating a brewing company. It covers everything to monitor and execute backend operations from the production of your product, packaging, sales, distribution. My role as a Sales Rep with the brewery has been streamlined with this software. I can fulfill sales orders from my mobile device using the EKOS app, or from my laptop, making anywhere in the world my mobile sales office. EKOS provides up to date inventory of products, so sales are not made unless the product is available. The software also provides me with a view of our production facility, so I can inform my customers on what we are currently working on and what till be available soon. This software is the heart beat of our brewery, helping us run a smooth operation everyday.

Cons

The software sometimes has a quirks, they are usually minor and can be figured out, but none the less it does have it moments. The EKOS app needs some improvement for smoother operation in the field, desktop version runs much more smooth.

Response from ekos

Hi Thomas, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos and look forward to continuing to provide a positive experience to help in your role as a Sales Rep.

BRENT

Unmatched customer service

Ekos runs our brewery!

Pros

The software is continually being tweaked to match the needs of customers, and the support team is incredibly helpful.

Cons

Regional tax on purchases not available.

Reasons for choosing Ekos

Price, recommendations, ease of use.

Response from ekos

Hi Brent, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos and look forward to continuing to provide a positive user experience through our customer service.

Russell

Ekos The Brew Master

Inventory production, invoicing, production planning

Pros

It helps to keep track of inventory, plan production, invoicing and TTB reports

Cons

It is hard to delete stuff on Ekos when you make a mistake

Price and fiunctonality

Response from ekos

Hi Russell, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos and look forward to continuing to provide a positive product experience during production planning.

Alan

Most intuitive inventory management software for brewers.

Through using Ekos to manage our inventory, we have been able to expand production while ensuring in stock supplies (reducing last-minute scheduling changes). We also are better able to track our cost of goods, and find areas to reduce those costs.

Pros

Ekos is the easiest and most intuitive inventory management software available for brewers. Getting new users trained up is simple and fast, but with a depth of capabilities for advanced users.

Cons

Batch tracing for ingredients is still minimal. We currently run this manually to suit our needs.

Response from ekos

Hi Alan, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Ekos and look forward to continuing to provide a positive experience to help track your cost of goods.

Derek

Overall, I am happy enough with the tool...however it has the potential to be so much more powerful for us. It is fine for now, but as we grow, we may look at other solutions...especially relating to reporting and analysis...

Pros

Like that it is integrated with quickbooks. Is the central nervous system for our company. Easy to use on the browser.

Cons

A couple of issues to comment on. First, the mobile app has gone down in quality over the years. With each release of a new iOS for the iPhone, the app becomes less and less useful. There are scroll bars everywhere...the pages are not displaying correctly, etc. I find myself having to wait to do things in the browser which defeats the purpose of having a mobile app here. Investment is needed here. Second would be performance. Saves are very slow for example. Data syncs stall...and if you are after hours for support, you are out of luck until the next business day. This is especially troublesome for folks that do the books on the weekend. 3rd is reporting. The reporting tool is inflexible. Custom reports often time out with cryptic errors. Would love to get access to the data to be able to built pivot tables or just spreadsheets to review our business. 4th feature requests seem to go into a black hole. I, personally, have stopped entering them as no action was taken on them.

Brandon