• Pros

• "It is super easy of use and a real time saver. "

• "I love the Payroll module. I love the fact it is so user friendly. Most of all the customer support is amazing. "

• "What I like most about this software is how much information it stores. It makes invoicing easier."

• Cons

• "Not easily integrated with the internet to email documents."

• "Think I have said enough about your software, the Insurance compaines and the ACA By the way, l have YOU figured it out yet?"

• "MRP is not strong, we do not use it. We use lean manufacturing with back scheduling from the software."

Browse PBS Manufacturing Reviews

Jon from CEJJ, Inc.

Transition from Passport and Counterpoint to Passport Business Solutions

End of month billing is much less stressful. We used to have to set the time back on our server to invoice in the previous month. That became harder to do because of the new virtual server we were forced to change to when our old server crashed. Now we get paid sooner and we have better cash flow. Passport customer support is great. If I have a problem they get back to me right away and stick with it until it is fixed. I always get to speak to the same person, which is a plus.

Pros

I have been using Passport for A/P and General Ledger for more than 15 years. I recently switched from using Counterpoint for A/R to using Passport for A/R. I like the ease of use. Invoices can be edited and reprinted before they are posted. Invoices can be dated in the previous month even if the calendar date is in the next month. Figures from the inventory purchase orders auto fill into the a/p vouchers so I do not have to enter the figures twice. We switched from pre-printed invoices to laser printed invoices. This results in a huge cost savings, and they look great. I have had positive feedback from several customers about the changes to their invoices and statements. I like that I can copy and paste long descriptions from a Word document into a Passport invoice . That has been a huge time saver for me. Who doesn't love saving Time and Money?

Cons

I do not like the order entry module or the point of sale module because they are not as easy to work with as the A/R module. Items that have serial numbers cannot be billed out thru the A/R module. This would be the only thing I would change about this program. Then it would be perfect.

Reasons for Choosing PBS Manufacturing

I already knew how to use 1/2 of the package, and the other 1/2 looked very similar to what i was currently using. The price was reasonable. It wasn't the cheapest and it wasn't the most expensive. The program/company has been around for a very long time and that made me feel comfortable. I had some very specific needs for invoicing that were not available in the test run. The President of the company called me to discuss what those needs were, and assured me that they could design a form to fit our specific requirements. I was impressed by that, and they kept their promise.

C HARLES from WETZEL'S MARKETS

CHARLES W. WETZEL OWNER OF WETZEL'S MARKETS

I HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT SINCE BUYING MY FIRST COMPUTER , A TANDY RADIO SHACK MODEL 2 OPERATING ON A MULTIUSER OPERATING SYSTEM ZENIX , SINCE 1981. IT WAS CALLED REAL WORLD ACCOUNTING PROGRAM BACK THEN. AROUND 1990 SWITCHED TO IBM TYPE COMPUTERS AND PURCHASED UPGRADE TO THAT OPERATING SYSTEM. OVER THE PAST THIRTY FIVE YEARS USING THIS PROGRAM I HAVE PURCHASED OTHER BUSINESSES THAT WHERE USING OTHER ACCOUNTING PROGRAMS AND AFTER REVIEWING THOSE PROGRAMS AND CONSIDERING CHANGING TO THEM WE STAYED WITH PASSPORT (REAL WORLD) BECAUSE OF ITS VERSITILITY AND TRACKING AND EASE OF OPERATION AND WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY SIZE BUSINESS.

Pros

ITS EASE OF USE , HOW IT CAN ADAPT TO ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS, HOW YOU CAN SETUP FINANCIAL STATEMENTS TO LOOK JUST LIKE YOUR ACCOUNTANTS STATEMENTS BUT ALSO RUN FINANCIALS WITH FAR MORE DETAIL FOR YOUR INTERNAL BUSINESS USE

Cons

NOTHING

July 2016

Laura from Schroll Cabinets Inc.

ACA Module and Support

We are thrilled with the decision we made to use the Passport Software for our ACA compliance. The team at Passport was quick to tackle and master the unknown and complex process to comply with the Affordable Care Act. The software itself was easy to use and understand but we were most impressed by the customer support provided by Passport. The staff went above and beyond their role as software developers by providing detailed instructions on filling out forms, IRS registration, electronic filing, trouble-shooting with the IRS and much, much more. We would be lost without them and appreciate the time, effort and support they have provided along the way.

jacquelene from LPC

PBS

Pros

Cons

What I like least about this software is the cost. When you run into problems you have to contact your independent sales person and their costs to troubleshoot your problems can be astronomical. The company does not offer tech support so you have no other choice.

Response from Passport Software

Replied December 2019

Hi Jacquelene, Your comment about our software and how it helps invoicing makes us very pleased. Thank you! No one ever tells us they like having to pay for software support. It is an unfortunate reality that software, like most other things, requires maintenance and care. While we can't control what our vendors charge for their services, we know that they seek to stay within their market's pricing standards. However, should the need arise, we offer a variety of software support options that would enable you to contact us directly regarding your software. We appreciate your having taken to time to express your opinions. We look forward to being of service to your company.

Brian from Carlyle Johnson Machine Co

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great Software in combination with Crystal Reports

Would highly recommend.

Pros

Access to the data base. Use with Crystal reports to create incoming Inspection audit system ,Outside service purchase order system, an automated Inventory Value Analysis system, and Capacity planning. Company is AS9000 certified and the software had a lot to do with this.

July 2016

Tim from Parts Wholesalers, Inc.

Industry: Import and Export

July 2016

Long time user since the Realworld days.

It was quite a project learning a new program but it made it easy to do the forms. It would be nice if the program printed the entire forms so I didn't have to purchase forms.

Pros

Overall it is the high quality that I expect from Passport.

Cons

Took too long to get the final updated version. There was lack of actual instructions on how to use the program. I had to guess at certain steps such as printing from one form copy to another. It would be nice if the pr

melissa from Central Valley Trailer Repair, Inc.

Great Product!!!!

Pros

It is super easy of use and a real time saver.

Cons

I don't like that I have to enter ACA info at the end of setting up a new employee since I can't enter this years payroll until I close the year.

Response from Passport Software

Replied April 2019

Thanks, Melissa B! We really appreciate your comments and we heard you. We've just made it easier to manage details when year-end and new employees arrive at the same time! Thank you for letting us know. The Passport Team

Dean from Ladybug Garden Decor

Passport upgrade

Always had a good experience with them. Been with them for a long - long time.

Pros

Ease of use, the way it links to gather. Easy to back up.

Cons

Wish it could link to an eCommerce package.

Response from Passport Software

Replied June 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Passport has provided integrations for a number of ecommerce solutions and we now look forward to working with you on your exciting plans.

Lynda from PDC Spas

Passport Software Review

Used both the mfg and accounting sides of this software for over 10 years. My staff is so familiar with the functions that to choose an alternative would be too costly from a purchase to a training standpoint. Their updates continue to provide improvements and efficiencies.

Pros

Cons

Not easily integrated with the internet to email documents.

Janet from Youngstown Plastic Tooling & Machinery

Industry: Machinery

Happy Customer

It has been a great experience. Wonderful guidance , easy use, highly recommend.

Pros

This system matched exactly to our old system. No learning curve. Use was immediate.

Cons

Have not found anything as of yet, so far so good.

Reasons for Choosing PBS Manufacturing

Passport was the same software we used for over twenty-five years. What a relief not to have to start with a whole new system. Thank you. Passport was the same software we used for over twenty-five years. What a relief not to have to learn a whole new system. Thank you.

Patty from Saratoga Bridges

Great customer service

I have used this product for many years. I have always received excellent help from customer service and the technical support people.

Pros

The ease of using.

Cons

That in order to post in the general ledger, everyone has to be out of the software, even if they are just viewing.

Kim from Jo-Di's Sound Center Inc

Great software and excellent support.

March 2015

Wayne from Yakama Power

March 2015

User since 1992 when software was still known as RealWorld.

Very user friendly, only purchase modules you want. Don't have to buy an entire package with stuff you won't use, but simple to add on as desired. As an example, we did the Direct Deposit add-on to Payroll once enough individuals requested it to be worthwhile. Date driven format, great interface with multiple printers, still has DOS view capability if desired in addition to the newest Windows view (very handy now for looking up employees/vendors/customers/etc.). Import modules into General Ledger at your own pace, great reporting capabilities, especially for payroll...all the way thru W-2 info and magnetic file reports for sending to Social Security. Many levels of reporting for accounts payable from original invoice entry to final check registers....in total or by individual vendors. Once you get a handle on one module, the others are even quicker. If you don't feel comfortable with updates, or don't have an IT department to handle it, outside assistance by Passport Certified techs are available for a very reasonable rate. All work is done remotely, so it's quick and avoids any travel charges. They constantly review issues from customers and have patches in a short time as needed.

December 2014

Kevin L. from InfoServ, Inc.

Long Term Relationship

We have worked with Passport Software, Inc. since about 1984 as a dealer for their products as well as an end-user. To me, the sticking-with-Passport power has been their commitment to the product, their dealers and their end-users. When we experience problems, and yes there have been problems, they jump on it and get it fixed. I don't hear, "We'll fix that in the next release." It gets fixed right away. They also listen to us. If we have ideas to improve the product they actually listen and take suggestions into consideration. Many of my, and my client's, suggestions over the years have ended up in the product. That makes me feel valued as a dealer and as an end-user. Another wonderful thing about Passport Business Solutions is that when we run into an older version of RealWorld or Passport software we can honestly look the customer in the eye and say, "All of your data will upgrade completely and cleanly to the new version. And the best part? You already know how to use it."

Patrick from Thunderline Z/Div of Emerson

PBS Review

PBS is a good business system for our size company. Relatively easy to use on a day-to-day basis, however, not so easy to use or information worthy canned reports. We find the Purchasing module cumbersome in generating and distributing PO's. Not user friendly when you are generating PO's for MRO products. Overall, I would give PBS a 3.5 to 4 star review

Response from Passport Software

Replied December 2014

Thank you Pat for your candid and honest review. We'll contact you to discuss your areas of concern in the purchasing module to ensure you're getting the most out of your software investment. It's worth noting Thunder Line Z is a longtime user of PBS Manufacturing and where they found reporting needs weren't meeting their specific requirements, they have deployed our ODBC product (AcuXDBC) to enable them to create their own unique reports using industry standard report writing tools. This has helped them "customize" their reporting without actually changing their software.

Mary E. from MARY'S PAYROLL SERVICE LLC

customer service / product

Here are two names of people that work for Passport Business solutions, that if not for them I would have closed my business. Pat Busic: just plan OUTSTANDING when it comes to getting me out of trouble with WINDOWS 8.1. Marti Walt : what can I say about her , if not for her support I would of had a nervous breakdown by now. She has all ways been more than fare with me . These two people keep me in business at that is what your business is all about, keeping people like me coming back! I only use the payroll part of Passport . And there are a few things I would like to see . i would like to be able to do everything from this program, print off 941 forms state and federal ,W2'S , W-3 TRANSMITTALS some how make it so that the forms are filled by a press of a key! I know that I might be dreaming just a little but it would be nice.

Greg from Manufacturering

December 2014

Passport Business Solutions (PBS)

We were originally a long time Real World software user that migrated to PBS when the software rights changed ownership over the years. We are a manufacturer with three separate locations that produce both production parts and job shop products. Thru the years as our company(s) have grown we've seen PBS software grow with us. We're very satisfied with there integrated software and the professional expert support that goes along with the product. We now have all three locations using PBS software to manage and run our operations. The product covers most of our needs but if we need something specific to our operation they can write and adapt there programs to meet our specific requirements. We look forward to a continued partnership with PBS as we continue to adapt and grow in an ever changing market.

Samantha from HealthComp, LLC

Easy Peesy

Exporting to csv and pdf files. Reimbursement detail for later searches. Better look and feel.

Pros

Passport is extremely easy to use. We upgraded from Real World in the middle of year end close and an ownership change. There was zero downtime and we didn't miss a beat.

Cons

My only complaint is that I have trouble finding transactions. The system allows searches on several factors but not always the one I know.

June 2015

Cynthia from Maid to Order for You, LLC

June 2015

I have used this software before at another job and I LOVE IT, easy, flexible, great service

I love the ease of use. The only problem I am having is setting up direct printers. Support attempted to set up a direct printer but it still does not print. I love the flexibility in setting up financial statements. This is real accounting software unlike many others. I used this software with an add on for over 20 years at another job. When I took over this company I couldn't wait to transition to this software again. I can recommend it to anyone who needs more than quickbooks

Response from Passport Software

Replied July 2015

Thank you for your kind and honest review and kind words Cynthia. When we saw your comments regarding the printer issue, we were sure to forward that to our technical support team and I've just received word that they were able to help you resolve this issue.

Michael from Handi-Care, INc

MAKING MONEY OFF OF SMALL BUSINESS

I feel that the insurance companies, brokers and the accounting software companies FOUND a way to make money off of the small business owners when it comes to the ACA. I am just over the 50 employees, but I fell into the mix that I had to offer insurance. Then I had to pay for something (Passport) I didn't understand and I paid for a passport tech to travel 65 miles to get it up and running. He even called Passport a number of times and even your people could not give us the true answer. But don't feel to bad, the IRS could not help either. So what do I think of your software? There is NO GOOD REASON that I should have had to have it, but because the government says I have to do this and that - the same this and that THAT they don't even know the answers too, I guess it is a -ok - piece of work! We will see what it does for us at the end of this year if I can afford to stay in business because of the insurance. Oh, how much do you PLAN on charging for so called updates.

Cons

Response from Passport Software

Replied July 2016

Thank you for your constructive review. We understand your frustration with the Affordable Care Act and the burden on small businesses. And you are absolutely correctthe law is about record keeping, NOT accounting. Please understand that when we provide help, we are not permitted to give legal advice such as which IRS-defined codes to use. As for ACA updates--they are completely free during the entire licensed year and the annual renewal for the ACA software is included in your standard maintenance fee.

Marshall from Fluidaire Company

Passport upgrade and support

In 2012, we had a major upgrade to Passport SQL version 12.01 from a much older version. There was a lot of data conversion to be done and many were reluctant to do this upgrade. We were very happy with the transition and support we have received over the past 2 years. There are many pros and some cons to the transition, but all of our cons are being addressed as they come up. We have a solution within weeks or sooner. I would recommend this process to other distributors that do light manufacturing.

December 2014

Stan from Dazor Manufacturing Corp.

Long-time user; recommend software

We've used Passport for 10+ years. It's a very reliable system that's intuitive for manufacturers. It has capacity beyond what we've utilized, but important to have when we're ready. In 2015 for example, we plan to purchase the MRP module (reasonably priced). Customer service has been 5-star for our company, with prompt and helpful support when we need it. Bottom line, Passport is not something I'm thinking about everyday. It does it's job consistently, so I can concentrate on mine.

December 2015

Robert from Eastern Packaging Inc

December 2015

Comprehensive and professional

This software is for people who need a well developed, commercial , product. It's not some silly "help your small business grow" or "emoticon filled game". If the software was a truck it would be a Mack, all metal, no plastic. I use it in a 60 employee company and never have concerns about features or functionality. No hesitations whatsoever in recommending this product line.

Jan from JMI Inc

Passport Fan

I have used Passport for many years, starting as Real World. It is user friendly. It provides clear reports. I cannot imagine using anything else. I have (unfortunately) been forced to review work that was done on QuickBooks and Peachtree. I hate those programs. Passport is professional and will provide anything you could wish for in an accounting product.

Pablo from ECI

December 2014

Great software suite for manufacturing!

We have been using PBS to run our entire manufacturing facility, soup to nuts, for many years. It is a very low overhead product, that runs reliably and very well, including quite a few custom modules that are now part of the standard suite. PBS has the capability to do quite a bit more then what we currently require, which is great!

Shonna from Automated Gasket Company

February 2015

Finally good manufacturing software paired with accounting!

We looked long and hard before going with Passport and I am very happy with our choice. The transition and training were handled professionally and made as easy as possible. One of my favorites is the manufacturing side which is logical, easy to use and is as massive and multi-leveled as a user is willing to go!

TAMI from Comdec, Inc.

Excellent Support!

I have been using Passport for many years and it generally runs very well for us. However, when I do need help, Pat at Passport is the best!! He understands the software as well as the accounting side so he is able to troubleshoot quickly and effectively.

July 2015

Ken from Davis Waste Removal Co.,Inc.

July 2015

We began as a Realworld user and migrated to Passport.

Passport is a real accounting program with good audit trails. They have excellent customer service and are always willing to assist with any issue we might be having. Additionally, in the context of Passports overall cost compared to other programs they are very cost competitive.

September 2015

John from J. M. Services, Inc.

September 2015

Strong Windows Accounting System

Upgraded to PBS from Real World. We were able to keep all our information intact and PBS continues to refine and improve upon their software.

JANICE from american rental

Janice review

WE TRIED ANOTHER PROGRAM AND WENT BACK TO PASSPORT. PASSPORT WAS MUCH EASIER AND FASTER TO MOVE AROUND IN PROGRAM.

Marlynne from Honey's Air & Solar Inc.

Rep from Tech support made my experience easy and took all the stress off of me.

ACA Formas

Pros

Easy to import the initial data and from there I was able to easily do 1095-C Forms. Rep from Tech Support walked me through the entire program. When I got stuck he was easy to reach and didn't waste time solving my problems.