PBS Accounting Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2017

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"We switched from pre-printed invoices to laser printed invoices. This results in a huge cost savings, and they look great."
  • icon"I love the fact it is so user friendly. Most of all the customer support is."
  • icon"Bill is easy use O/E or A/R side can be used like we have many customer charge and pay later."
  • icon"There was lack of actual instructions on how to use the program. I had to guess at certain steps such as printing from one form copy to another."
  • icon"The company does not offer tech support so you have no other choice."
  • icon"Right now if you order more then ONE item you cant see the second item etc till you print to correct errors made when ordering."

Have you used PBS Accounting and would like to share your experience with others?

All PBS Accounting Reviews

Jon

Transition from Passport and Counterpoint to Passport Business Solutions

End of month billing is much less stressful. We used to have to set the time back on our server to invoice in the previous month. That became harder to do because of the new virtual server we were forced to change to when our old server crashed. Now we get paid sooner and we have better cash flow. Passport customer support is great. If I have a problem they get back to me right away and stick with it until it is fixed. I always get to speak to the same person, which is a plus.

Pros

I have been using Passport for A/P and General Ledger for more than 15 years. I recently switched from using Counterpoint for A/R to using Passport for A/R. I like the ease of use. Invoices can be edited and reprinted before they are posted. Invoices can be dated in the previous month even if the calendar date is in the next month. Figures from the inventory purchase orders auto fill into the a/p vouchers so I do not have to enter the figures twice. We switched from pre-printed invoices to laser printed invoices. This results in a huge cost savings, and they look great. I have had positive feedback from several customers about the changes to their invoices and statements. I like that I can copy and paste long descriptions from a Word document into a Passport invoice . That has been a huge time saver for me. Who doesn't love saving Time and Money?

Cons

I do not like the order entry module or the point of sale module because they are not as easy to work with as the A/R module. Items that have serial numbers cannot be billed out thru the A/R module. This would be the only thing I would change about this program. Then it would be perfect.

Reasons for choosing PBS Accounting

I already knew how to use 1/2 of the package, and the other 1/2 looked very similar to what i was currently using. The price was reasonable. It wasn't the cheapest and it wasn't the most expensive. The program/company has been around for a very long time and that made me feel comfortable. I had some very specific needs for invoicing that were not available in the test run. The President of the company called me to discuss what those needs were, and assured me that they could design a form to fit our specific requirements. I was impressed by that, and they kept their promise.

Reasons for switching to PBS Accounting

Our server crashed. When our former support people re-installed Counterpoint on our system we went from being able to have 3 people working in Counterpoint simultaneously and with 2 windows open at all times. To only having 1 person in Counterpoint at one time with one window open or it would crash. This was a disaster! We started shopping for other hardware and software support after that happened. In addition, all of our systems were really outdated. We were still using dot matrix printers! We needed to upgrade everything.

Shaheed

USER Friendly

BeSide little issue it works great. Some we need to fix.

Pros

Bill is easy use O/E or A/R side can be used like we have many customer charge and pay later. We can do order in the system back order a product once we ship it out easy to make packing ticket and bill later . As we are manufacturing Overhead Crane we have lot of parts come in do Purchases order in the system .

Cons

Purchases order We don't like was a wreak start in vision 12.06. We need to upgrade to new to see this Purchases order window showing all item in order to know how many we order and price is correct before printing out to send to vendor. Right now if you order more then ONE item you cant see the second item etc till you print to correct errors made when ordering. Big disappointment. I was promised this will get fix in 2016..

Reasons for choosing PBS Accounting

We have inventory for parts many different Vendor product . Passport has a good way to keep track of it. Since we been in business for75 years. As you can see staying with passport after you counterpoint for year. Since passport had done a good job keep our Data intact and converted from bill to AP, OE,AR, IC, SA, GL and CNTRL.

Response from Passport Software

Thank you for your review, Shaheed. At this writing, we are working on our next release, PBS Version 12.8. It includes enhancements which will address the issues you have rightly mentioned that need to be improved in Purchase Order. We appreciate your comments our customers' feedback drives our development efforts.

Replied October 2021

jacquelene

PBS

Pros

What I like most about this software is how much information it stores. It makes invoicing easier.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the cost. When you run into problems you have to contact your independent sales person and their costs to troubleshoot your problems can be astronomical. The company does not offer tech support so you have no other choice.

Response from Passport Software

Hi Jacquelene, Your comment about our software and how it helps invoicing makes us very pleased. Thank you! No one ever tells us they like having to pay for software support. It is an unfortunate reality that software, like most other things, requires maintenance and care. While we can't control what our vendors charge for their services, we know that they seek to stay within their market's pricing standards. However, should the need arise, we offer a variety of software support options that would enable you to contact us directly regarding your software. We appreciate your having taken to time to express your opinions. We look forward to being of service to your company.

Replied December 2019

Stacey

August 2022

Quickbooks No More

I have been an accountant for many years and have used Quickbooks for the last 20 years. The owner of the company I work for is how I was trained on Passport. They offer some online training but I feel they need some training classes that new employees could take to learn the software. I do however get the best support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in that department! There is nothing he hasn't been able to fix for me. I can say that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in customer service has made my job better and easier. All the employees that I have dealt with at PBS have been wonderful!

Pros

The ease of payroll processing. I can also get any kind of information on the payroll reports.

Cons

There is not enough training offered on the software

Response from Passport Software

A HUGE thanks, Stacey! We adore Pat, too! Learning new software can be daunting - we are happy you are doing well with it now. Training videos have been released for most of our applications and more are on the way. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! The Passport Team

Replied September 2022

C HARLES

CHARLES W. WETZEL OWNER OF WETZEL'S MARKETS

I HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT SINCE BUYING MY FIRST COMPUTER , A TANDY RADIO SHACK MODEL 2 OPERATING ON A MULTIUSER OPERATING SYSTEM ZENIX , SINCE 1981. IT WAS CALLED REAL WORLD ACCOUNTING PROGRAM BACK THEN. AROUND 1990 SWITCHED TO IBM TYPE COMPUTERS AND PURCHASED UPGRADE TO THAT OPERATING SYSTEM. OVER THE PAST THIRTY FIVE YEARS USING THIS PROGRAM I HAVE PURCHASED OTHER BUSINESSES THAT WHERE USING OTHER ACCOUNTING PROGRAMS AND AFTER REVIEWING THOSE PROGRAMS AND CONSIDERING CHANGING TO THEM WE STAYED WITH PASSPORT (REAL WORLD) BECAUSE OF ITS VERSITILITY AND TRACKING AND EASE OF OPERATION AND WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY SIZE BUSINESS.

Pros

ITS EASE OF USE , HOW IT CAN ADAPT TO ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS, HOW YOU CAN SETUP FINANCIAL STATEMENTS TO LOOK JUST LIKE YOUR ACCOUNTANTS STATEMENTS BUT ALSO RUN FINANCIALS WITH FAR MORE DETAIL FOR YOUR INTERNAL BUSINESS USE

Cons

NOTHING

Laura

ACA Module and Support

We are thrilled with the decision we made to use the Passport Software for our ACA compliance. The team at Passport was quick to tackle and master the unknown and complex process to comply with the Affordable Care Act. The software itself was easy to use and understand but we were most impressed by the customer support provided by Passport. The staff went above and beyond their role as software developers by providing detailed instructions on filling out forms, IRS registration, electronic filing, trouble-shooting with the IRS and much, much more. We would be lost without them and appreciate the time, effort and support they have provided along the way.

Brian

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great Software in combination with Crystal Reports

Would highly recommend.

Pros

Access to the data base. Use with Crystal reports to create incoming Inspection audit system ,Outside service purchase order system, an automated Inventory Value Analysis system, and Capacity planning. Company is AS9000 certified and the software had a lot to do with this.

Cons

MRP is not strong, we do not use it. We use lean manufacturing with back scheduling from the software.

Response from Passport Software

Thank you for taking the time to review Passport Business Solutions! We would love to review your MRP needs with you to see where we fell short so we can improve.

Replied August 2020

Tim

Industry: Import and Export

July 2016

Long time user since the Realworld days.

It was quite a project learning a new program but it made it easy to do the forms. It would be nice if the program printed the entire forms so I didn't have to purchase forms.

Pros

Overall it is the high quality that I expect from Passport.

Cons

Took too long to get the final updated version. There was lack of actual instructions on how to use the program. I had to guess at certain steps such as printing from one form copy to another. It would be nice if the pr

melissa

Great Product!!!!

Pros

It is super easy of use and a real time saver.

Cons

I don't like that I have to enter ACA info at the end of setting up a new employee since I can't enter this years payroll until I close the year.

Response from Passport Software

Thanks, Melissa B! We really appreciate your comments and we heard you. We've just made it easier to manage details when year-end and new employees arrive at the same time! Thank you for letting us know. The Passport Team

Replied April 2019

Lynda

Passport Software Review

Used both the mfg and accounting sides of this software for over 10 years. My staff is so familiar with the functions that to choose an alternative would be too costly from a purchase to a training standpoint. Their updates continue to provide improvements and efficiencies.

Pros

Cons

Not easily integrated with the internet to email documents.

Dean

Passport upgrade

Always had a good experience with them. Been with them for a long - long time.

Pros

Ease of use, the way it links to gather. Easy to back up.

Cons

Wish it could link to an eCommerce package.

Response from Passport Software

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Passport has provided integrations for a number of ecommerce solutions and we now look forward to working with you on your exciting plans.

Replied June 2019

Patty

Great customer service

I have used this product for many years. I have always received excellent help from customer service and the technical support people.

Pros

The ease of using.

Cons

That in order to post in the general ledger, everyone has to be out of the software, even if they are just viewing.

Kim

Great software and excellent support.

Pros

I love the Payroll module. I love the fact it is so user friendly. Most of all the customer support is amazing.

Wayne

Time used: Free Trial

March 2015

User since 1992 when software was still known as RealWorld.

Very user friendly, only purchase modules you want. Don't have to buy an entire package with stuff you won't use, but simple to add on as desired. As an example, we did the Direct Deposit add-on to Payroll once enough individuals requested it to be worthwhile. Date driven format, great interface with multiple printers, still has DOS view capability if desired in addition to the newest Windows view (very handy now for looking up employees/vendors/customers/etc.). Import modules into General Ledger at your own pace, great reporting capabilities, especially for payroll...all the way thru W-2 info and magnetic file reports for sending to Social Security. Many levels of reporting for accounts payable from original invoice entry to final check registers....in total or by individual vendors. Once you get a handle on one module, the others are even quicker. If you don't feel comfortable with updates, or don't have an IT department to handle it, outside assistance by Passport Certified techs are available for a very reasonable rate. All work is done remotely, so it's quick and avoids any travel charges. They constantly review issues from customers and have patches in a short time as needed.

Janet

Industry: Machinery

Happy Customer

It has been a great experience. Wonderful guidance , easy use, highly recommend.

Pros

This system matched exactly to our old system. No learning curve. Use was immediate.

Cons

Have not found anything as of yet, so far so good.

Reasons for choosing PBS Accounting

Passport was the same software we used for over twenty-five years. What a relief not to have to start with a whole new system. Thank you. Passport was the same software we used for over twenty-five years. What a relief not to have to learn a whole new system. Thank you.

Response from Passport Software

Thanks very much for taking time to post this, Janet. Your success with our products and services is our top priority.

Replied August 2020