• Pros

• "I like the fact that that menus are easy to navigate - no too technical codes like SAP."

• "What I like the most about this software is the ability to review and dissect information regarding incoming parts, inventory, WIP, finished goods and even product that has already shipped."

• "easy to search for functions, you can just type what you want to use on the search bar and it gives you some options"

• Cons

• "The system is not as flexible as you need to keep changing to accommodate company needs"

• "We are sharing this software package with another site and this prevents us from making any changes to improve efficiency and/or streamline the process."

• "We should have included DRP in our initial implementation. It is needed with our distribution network structure. Also, some of the windows align strangely within my 2 monitor setup."

Browse QAD ERP Enterprise Applications Reviews

Jarosław from John Cotton Europe Sp. z o.o.

If you are manufacturing you can do it even better with QAD!

QAD is the software which needs to be considered seriously when its about manufacturing.

Pros

ERP from QAD (in the past MFG/Pro) is providing great MRP functionality for more than 20 years now. Today this strong MRP is supported, surrounded and integrated with all key modern ERP features and functionalities. It will do its best to support you production processes but will be as well great tool to help you in finance/accounting and logistics.

Cons

If you would like to imagine an ERP software which can support every business in every process, it does not exist (yet?). QAD is for manufacturers and some distribution companies of right size (medium and big). For some processed maybe you will find even better support with external applications (like Advanced Production Planning, Product Life Management, Shop Floor Control). Theirs functionality will be integrated to QAD and you can decide what you really need.

My experience with QAD has been positive. While it is not visually appealing, it gets the job done.

Simple, quick, and easy to train new employees. It has made moving inventory very easy.

Pros

It is a no nonsense software that can be edited to run the exact reports you are looking for. Once trained it is very easy to use. It also runs very fast. We use it to ship our customer orders so if the software stops, the money stops, and it has been very dependable for the last few years.

Cons

It's not pretty, sometimes the screen can look a little busy when you're only using one field. There are no indications when you have reached the end of your flow through so when you are training it can be difficult to know when you've completed your task.

In two words: Stay away!

I am guessing that QAD was developed by 1000 developers with 1 week experience each and no architect whatsoever. What qualifies me to say that? 1. I have been a software architect/developer/integrator since 1983. (!) 2. I have experience with other ERP systems, accounting software, warehouse management, and manufacturing software. 3. I never wrote a review on any product or software but in this case I feel it is my duty to warn people. If you are in the market for ERP, this is not one you should consider. 4. If someone from QAD would bother to ask me, I can back up with evidence and unresolved support tickets, these claims and many other issues users are facing.

Pros

I can't think of anything. Sorry. QAD failed in every criteria: value, technology, User Interface, feature list...

Cons

Nothing is trivial or intuitive. A lot of room for confusion. Lacks basic functions such as consignment RMA (It is handled as a negative quantity sale) Some basic features are considered add-ons and require additional annual licensing fee. The program looks and feels like it came with a time machine from 1985. The screens are based on a 80 character by 20 line display and you will be hitting Next, Next, Next buttons constantly because of that. Sometimes you have to 'Back' a few times as part of the normal operation procedure. Some field sizes are 8 character (username) or 24 character (product description) because, I suspect, the program was developed around the year 1980. Some functions (For example importing a report design), will cause the system to hang forever and require a restart. Error message look like this: "Error: 90101" - And good luck to you figuring it out.

Reasons for Choosing QAD ERP Enterprise Applications

The company had already purchased it when I joined.

Once you are set up in QAD, and you have the correct modules and access, it is easy to use.

The ability to review, analyze, and report on questions regarding inventory, parts availability, and work in process. This information allows me to staff appropriately by making sure I have people in place where they are needed.

Cons

Jennifer from AcuFocus, Inc.

There's a lot of steps to processing items for finance, but it gets easier with time

Pros

I like how it gets easier to use with time. Running a financial takes seconds when you input the desired information in the queries.

Cons

I only use the Finance and Accounting category in the system. I heard it's not the most user-friendly software for finance and I 100% can attest to that. it takes a lot of steps to do a simple thing and if you make a mistake, you have to input twice as much time to fix it. I wish there was a cheat sheet to know the functions.

Benjamin from Superior Essex

Implemented DynaSys in 2018

Forecasters (sales team) like it. Easier than prior system, saving them time.

Pros

DynaSys is working well as a replacement for our forecasting software. We have also implemented production planning functionality and we are refining that now. Our operations require the DRP module to take full advantage. We will implement that as phase 2 soon.

Yuliya from Garland Commercial Ranges

Not intuitive

Pros

I used QAD for more than 6 years, the software is well designed for manufacturers. Beside the core functionality, I like that the user can make a simple customization to make the screens look different (change the font color).

Cons

I would say that QAD is not intuitive or user friendly. User have to search through the multiple screens to find the information that he/she is looking for. It took me some time to understand the way it’s working. Personally, I don’t like the design, it’s sort of old school. We are about to update it for new version, I hope it will have less issues.

Andres from Tecnomanquehue spa

Very good

Pros

What I like most about QAD SOFTWARE is that the complete solution is well. Very easy to use for me!!!

Cons

The cost of this solution is expensive. I hope in the future someone can make it cheaper for new users.

Stevenus from AirXpanders, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

QAD ERP

Pros

Cons

You would have to call them for just adding a simple function and you know when you give them a call it will cost you a lot of money.

Chaim from PC

QAD ERP Enterprise Applications Delivers

QAD ERP Enterprise Applications is a flexible suite of manufacturing solutions including MRP, MES, accounting, QMS, PLM, SCM, Estimating, and much more. The system offers flexible deployment options and is also accessible via iOS and Android devices.

Pros

So many features.

Cons

Weak on some of their features.

Aida from AccuTec Blades

Industry: Machinery

QAD Tiny TERM Plus Edition

Jay from Griffith

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Best Return for your investment

Highly recommended for small to medial manufacturing firms

Pros

Less Implementation cost Local Support Less Support Cost Cloud based Embedded with best Practices Ease of use

Cons

Not compatible with iOS Difficult to integrate with third party products Low phase of new version releases

Tamara from Althea

Industry: Biotechnology

QAD Review

Pros

I know that there are very few options out there that manage supply chain as well as QAD. It is compliant enough for regulatory standards and is able to keep track of thousands of materials and items for your company.

Cons

It is outdated and the support is tough to get through. There are many issues that should have been ironed out years ago. Hopefully there will be updates in the near future.

Jenny from AcuFocus

Finance Associate

I've been using QAD for a few months now for the Finance Department, namely for ap. it's been challenging learning the software, but it definitely has it's perks.