(9,646)

9,646

(5,509)

5,509

• Pros

• "Product is very easy to navigate and extremely efficient. I have and will continue to recommend it! "

• "I love this software, everything about it. It is so easy and efficient to use and it is not complex at all."

• "I love everything about this software! I love how it makes it easy to do almost everything and that even the most inexperienced person can figure it out."

• Cons

• "The interface is often confusing, because of the variety of commands, however several friends use it and share experiences with me."

• "The search engine was changed and now it doesn't work as it used to. Overall is a very good app for the money."

• "It is not intuitive and reviewing old operations is a bit difficult but the system gradually learns and ends up being a great accounting and administrative tool"

Browse QuickBooks Enterprise Reviews

Amber Elizabeth from Titan Analytical

Discount Bookkeeper in your pocket

I've used quickbooks as the administrator for several small businesses. It's a powerful tool that can even be useful for forecasting so long as you keep up to date with it. In my own freelance business, I've started to use Quickbooks Self Employed which is not currently as useful as the Quickbooks I've used for small businesses, but the cost per year reflects the lessened capacity it offers.

Pros

Not only does quickbooks make bookkeeping seem accessible to anyone with the slightest grasp of numbers, the apps make it easy to keep books up to date on the road. It is only as useful as the the effort you put into the software. It's not exactly intuitive, but there are many resources to support you as you learn. It's very easy to find a Quickbooks bookkeeper to work with that can support your business if it's not your speciality while making the transactions easy for both parties. Specialty apps can add to the functionality of Quickbooks increasing the power of this software.

Cons

Because the detail pulled from the bank can sometimes be quite homogeneous, QBO will try to categorize "Wire" transactions or "checks" to the latest transaction payee. Creating rules to ignore the transactions is tedious and can be confusing to new users of the software that may not realize that its matching to previous transactions. The new model of "tiering" users and how many functions they access seems a bit suspect to me, but so far, we have not reached any limits so I don't know how this will impact us, if at all.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Thanks so much for a detailed review, Amber! We're glad to hear you've been able to easily keep track of each aspect of your business, and other businesses you manage, all while on the go. You can count on us to be there for each business endeavor. We recommend this article that provides a detailed explanation of how to set up and use bank rules (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/banking-topics/how-to-set-and-use-banking-rules-for-downloaded-transactions/00/186468). Additionally, this link offers info about adding, deleting, and changing user access within the account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/delete-users/add-delete-or-change-user-access/00/185920). You'll find a hyperlink in the same article that will take you to a list of different types of user roles. Thanks for stopping by to leave a review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Scott from PM2 Strategies

The Default Small Busines bookeeping software

We mostly like it. It dominates the market so much that it has become the default bookkeeping solution. I think the only reason to choose something else would be if your business far outgrows QuickBooks, or if your business type is particularly well-served by a niche product. Some add-on features are useful, such as 1099 reporting. There are many third party add-ons available.

Pros

The main thing to know about Quickbooks is that it is the dominant player in small business bookkeeping. That means that every CPA knows how to use it and can help you to set it up for your business. Nearly any bookkeeper you might hire has used it before, so their learning curve should be short. It is cloud based, so your data is much safer from disasters than if you stored it on your own server. User support, while less than perfect, is at least plentiful through the message boards and other sources you might find in bookstores or on the internet. Although it is not optimized for government contracting, you can set up a chart of accounts that complies with DCAA requirements, and use the "Class" feature to distinguish between government contracts / customers. With such a large user base and development team, it is reasonably bug-free and feature rich.

Cons

About once or twice a year, they seem to make a change to the user interface...notionally to improve the user interface, but for us it vexing that features we used to know where to find get hidden under some other menu. Some cursing ensues in the office, then we find where the feature is hidden, and work continues as normal. Sometimes they seem to push the add-ons we don't want, such as payroll or financing. The subscription price went up a lot after we had been loyal customers for a couple of years...meaning it is a lot easier to stay with them and pay the higher price than it is to go shopping for an alternative.

Miguel from Plant With Purpose

Industry: Environmental Services

Finance & Accounting Assistant

It's been great because of the online aspect. I can work from any computer and even work remotely. I've connected to some great apps like "Business Importer" or "Billpay" where i can import data into the system and have taken full advantage of the bank synching feature.

Pros

We use Quickbooks Online and below are the pro's: 1. It's online and comes with cloud storage for attachments and other 2. Great admin management controls. Not super sophisticated but very useful indeed. 3. GREAT GREAT apps that work and synch with QBO 4. Bank synching that allows you to match expenses and income to the bank to help reconciliations go quicker

Cons

1. Limited reporting formats. It has several custom reports that you can customize but sometimes it does not have the option for specific reports you would like to see. For example P&L by transaction detail. 2. Customer support is limited, hard to get a hold of, and not the most helpful all the time. A lot of times they refer you to a link 3. Would be nice if you could also customize columns in the entry side of things with customs menus or dropdowns. You have the basic and essentials but would be nice if it was more customizable.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hi there, Miguel. Maintaining organization is key to running a successful business. We're thrilled to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! You've got some great suggestions. To keep up with ways we're working to improve the software, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, to receive tailored info about specific questions, the Community is available as an alternate route to reach support (https://community.intuit.com/). Thanks for your review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Andrea from Self Employed

Please don't buy this. It's really, really bad.

Pros

Cons

The multi-store is awful. It uses a third party email client to send the exchanges. Both computers must be using the same email client, or it causes bugs. Then sometimes the store exchange doesn't actually update anything so you have to do it several times. This is super fun when it won't include employee hours from a satellite store and it's payday. In addition to that, if you're setting up a new store, it must be the same version as the other stores, or it won't work. This becomes a problem when they stop supporting the older version after 12-24 months, which means you have to pay to upgrade every single machine in all of your stores. This software has been a complete nightmare for me, and if you try to call for support you better speak Hindi, otherwise, you're screwed. You don't get a native English speaker on the phone until about the third level of support. An average for me has been a half hour of hold time, plus 20 minutes per level of support, with 10 minute hold times between each "support professional". So generally, it takes an hour and a half of dealing with low-level employees with questionable language skills, asking you the dumbest questions you can imagine before you get someone who can understand what your problem is. I have to do this at least once a month. If you watch it like a hawk; and by that I mean you check you do a physical inventory count and check your items weekly, and you double check every store exchange, it can work. This is probably the worst point of sale software on the planet. I've been fighting it for three years, and I'm happy to say I've dumped it for something much better. The inventory management is not good. It deletes items on its own. It changes the quantity of stock for no particular reason. It loses transactions. It generates duplicate items and prices them at $0, so if your employees aren't paying attention they give stuff away for free. It is impossible to keep an accurate inventory unless you do a physical count about once every two weeks. Sometimes it simply loses data. For example, in 2014, it lost all records of the sales, inventory receiving and employee hours for February, March, and April. It was really a true joy to sit down and try to explain that to the IRS. The multi-store is awful. It uses a third party email client to send the exchanges. Both computers must be using the same email client, or it causes bugs. Then sometimes the store exchange doesn't actually update anything so you have to do it several times. This is super fun when it won't include employee hours from a satellite store and it's payday. In addition to that, if you're setting up a new store, it must be the same version as the other stores, or it won't work. This becomes a problem when they stop supporting the older version after 12-24 months, which means you have to pay to upgrade every single machine in all of your stores.

Antonio from Mustard Seed Systems Corp.

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Pros

The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Cons

Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Quickbooks was more user friendly for me and I like its user interface versus MYOB. Well Quicken wasn't for me, it was mainly intended for accountants and basic accounting processes without inventory module.

Jane from Ryder Author Resources

Industry: Publishing

Worth the price tag

I started out learning QuickBooks on the desktop version for a previous job, and the software has come a long, long way since then. The online version is well organized, easy to use, and in the three years I've been using it I've never run into a single glitch.

Pros

QuickBooks online gives me one place to track everything related to money for my small business: income, expenses, taxes, and payroll. It's easy to set up and use, and I like knowing that even when I'm not paying as much attention to some of the bookkeeping as I should, it's still being tracked for when I have time to get to it.

Cons

It's a little pricey and the help/FAQs aren't always that helpful, but those quibbles are greatly outweighed by how easy and useful it is.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

One of the things that makes QB worth the price tag is that it includes *everything* a small business needs. Rather than having to track income, expenses, taxes, and payroll in separate places, everything is linked and organized in one place.

Blake from Midwest Tungsten Service

Industry: Mining & Metals

Value for the money is incredible

Great, would recommend! Any sort of business needs accounting software, and your business should use Quickbooks. If given the choice, we would use this again.

Pros

The seamless integrations, technical (both IT & Accounting) support, and intuitive user interface provides a great experience for automating a small or midsize operation

Cons

It loads slowly -- I feel like Quickbooks constrains the amount of servers it dedicates to this platform. There are businesses that have far more transactions that we, and it still takes a while for reports or pages to render.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

The automation and integrations. Our transactions book seamlessly and we don't have to spend a lot of time on non-value add activities such as month end reconciliations.

Jay from Kyber Digital

Moved from Authorize . net

Extremely easy sign-up process with no BS or hidden fees and months to month contract. However the customer support team tends to not be first in particular areas.

Pros

For 1% with a Of $10 a day you can transfer an ACH payment into your bank account immediately versus having it go in five days like a normal ACH bank to bank transfer would take. The software is extremely user friendly with modern UI.

Cons

I wanted to set up recurring billing for my clients where they were also invoiced every month but billed automatically. For whatever reason the rep that I got on the phone with had no idea what I was talking about no matter how I worded it I hopped on a chat but eventually I live chat with a customer support rep simply asking the difference between a sales receipt and a recurring bill yeah I was pretty much on this chat for an hour before I gave up and told the guy I was going to just call in the morning. The customer support team is not first in every aspect of their own software because I guess theres software is pretty I hopped on a chat but eventually I live chat with a customer support rep simply asking the difference between a sales receipt and a recurring bill and I was pretty much on this chat for an hour before I gave up and told the guy I was going to just call in the morning. The customer support team is not first in every aspect of their own software because I guess their software is pretty immense.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

My accountant uses QuickBooks and Divvy (our expense tracking credit card) Exports right out into QB so it was a no brainer.

Maaya from The Fifty/50 Management Group

The only accounting software you'll need

Overall, Quickbooks has been nothing but a positive experience with me. I was able to figure everything out with very minimal accounting knowledge and was able to get all the answers that I needed through forums or even just Googling!

Pros

What I like about Quickbooks is that it's very user-friendly and it's good for all types of users, ranging from beginners to advanced. Everything is pretty self-explanatory but if you have any questions, you can look it up in their forum but also, because Quickbooks is such a well-known program so many other users provide so many helpful tips out there for you. I love all the add-on's you can purchase, such as payroll, for when you decide to hire employees. I am using Quickbooks for my current company but I will be using Quickbooks from my business as well.

Cons

I do not have anything that I don't like about Quickbooks! Will be recommending to anyone who is looking for an accounting software.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hi, Maaya. Thanks for an awesome review. Your positivity is so encouraging! We'll continue to have your back for every accounting aspect for years to come. For even more info on ways to use your account, we recommend taking a look at our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/ Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Nadia from Doors R Us

Industry: Building Materials

LOVE Quickbooks

I cannot express how grateful I am to have this software. It makes life so easy and my job so much FUN. I absolutely LOVE working int he field of accounting and again, the ease of access is incomparable. There are plenty of options to pre-populate fields & customize invoices, emails, alerts, reports, etc. I just love it. It's a little pricey for small business start up if you need more than one license, but the investment is worth it & I would recommend it to anyone!!!

Pros

I have been using this software for over 10 years, and I absolutely LOVE it. And it has only gotten better over time. The ease of access, for instance, the flow chart on the home page makes it easy for even beginners or students who are new in the industry to understand the flow of the accounting system, and even myself, when I had to take a few years off work ... it literally took me NO TIME AT ALL to get back in the groove. No refresher courses needed! Also, I LOVE the reconciliation process within the program as well as online bill pay! Outstanding software. Couldn't be more happy!!!!

Cons

Again, there isn't much I dont LOVE about it. Maybe customer support ... I only had to use it once, but you have to pay for customer support, so thats sort of a bummer, but there are excellent tutorials & and a great help section should any issues arise.

Andrew from Military

Quickbooks is still the best for small business, despite its shortcomings

Overall, Quickbooks is great for small business, particularly those that have all employees on-site. If you have employees off-site or want a third-party (accountant, for example) to have access, you may want to plan ahead of time and determine if Quickbooks is a great fit. There are third-party apps (QBOX) that can help off-site employees access it, but there are limitations. Otherwise, you need IT to help you set up servers or pay higher prices to Intuit for their customized solutions. That issue aside, Quickbooks is a great product after you get past the learning curve.

Pros

Quickbooks is universally known, compatible with many banks and third-party apps, and can be quite helpful for small businesses. You can customize reports, memorize transactions, and make use of many other time-saving features. Once you get comfortable, you can very quickly manage your accounting and see where your business stands. Also, since it is so popular, there are numerous websites that share helpful tips and tricks.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for most users. You will not feel comfortable with it for the first few months. Since it is so popular, however, you can search for nearly any task and find several websites that explain how to perform a task. As a CPA, sometimes I just wanted to see the transaction behind the curtain and it can be difficult to see that. Also, remote access for an external accountant or off-site employees is cumbersome and can require paid assistance.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Quickbooks online is very limited in capabilities.

Mark from Mamor LLC

Quickbooks review from a long time user.

I would rate my overall experience with QuickBooks as Very Good. It is not the most sophisticated accounting software on the market but interface and general user experience makes it a top choice when looking for non industry specific accounting software.

Pros

I have been using QuickBooks with multiple companies for over 15 years. Have found that once the learning curve has been mastered the interface is intuitive and clean to work with. Over the years many of the ancillary weaknesses or lack of added needs have been addressed. While I used to think QuickBooks wasn't evolving quickly enough with changing needs. They have improved greatly over the last 5-6 years and I feel the software has become flexible enough to handle our growing and changing needs.

Cons

I would say my main concern has been the lack of sophisticated statistical analysis that other accounting software provides. Quickbooks has been addressing these concerns over the last few years and has and is improving in these areas.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

User interface was easiest for my employees to start with and improvements in function has been a key to continued use.

Chris from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Great Comprehensive Software for a Company That is Just Emerging

The first hurdle was getting used to the new software. A person isn't left alone though and there is alot of information online to assist you until it becomes routine . All in all, this is very good software for a smaller business.

Pros

This is a really good all around type software which is anchored in the accounting segment of your business. You can have up to thirty users and the administrator can set up restrictions and controls so the staff can only access segments of your data. This is particularly handy when you have staff that need to be able to enter information on inventory but you don't want them to have the access to your business' accounting information as a whole. The root of of the program is for transparency to your bottom line but it goes much further than that. The software is flexible enough that it would be suitable for pretty much any industry a small business would run in to suffice for all of their software tracking needs. Where the real value is for me in on the Inventory Management workflows. Some of the more exciting features revolve around the rules that can be set up for expediting business processes. Once such rule is around inventory purchasing. If you have your agreements set up with a vendor you can have the software authorize and cut POs directly when your internal rules dictate that the purchase is necessary. This saves a ton of time from having to have someone manually vette and authorized routine low cost consumable type items. There is now mobility integration as well and although I haven't had a chance to dive into the different apps that are available they look promising for any company that has a field operational workforce.

Cons

Some of the features seemed excessive for the level of detail that a smaller business requires. Perhaps this is to hit a more vast market group but it was a bit encumbering to get used to at first.

Response from Intuit

Replied January 2020

Hi Chris, Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It's great to hear how the features of QuickBooks have helped you manage your accounting needs. From inventory management to setting up multiple users, you can count on QuickBooks to back you each step of the way. When designing our products, we want them to be accessible for any business owner from any industry to take charge of their books. With that being said, it takes time to get used to a new software. To help with this, we have multiple resources available online, like our Community site (http://community.intuit.com/), to make it easier to become familiar. We're so glad you're enjoying QuickBooks and look forward to working with you for years to come. All the best, Jen, Intuit Support Specialist

Isaac Tatenda from Ethical Holdings

Industry: Farming

Quickbooks review by Isaac Fungura

I have been able to capture all inventory, sales, receipts and payments data and all journals seamlessly. I have also been able to extract customised reports such as trial balance, income statements, statement of financial position and statement of cashflows. Customer & supplier information management has been made easy by the flexibility offered by Quickbooks

Pros

The user interface is easy to use, flexible and keeps up to date with trends. Inventory Management - Allows seamless management of our multiple warehouses across the country. You can easily check inventory quantities on hand, set up re-order quantity and make orders within Quickbooks. This saves time because you then receive the goods in Quickbooks with their serial numbers and instantly updates the inventory ledger. When issuing out the goods for sale or utilisation, the serial numbers are also tracked and inventory & sales account are updated instantly as well. In terms of flexibility, you can attach receipts of your expenses that you incur on the go or, acquittals submitted by our field team to the finance office - these can easily be scanned and attached to the transaction for easy of audit trail/reference material. The same can also be done for sales - customer KYC information can be attached to the datatbase or the transaction. For instance farmer details including farm location Users can also chat online in QB and discuss transaction matters while working. They can also chat with the Admin to address challenges being faced. Online banking - you can easily link QB with you bank statement feed to avoid manual capturing of transactions into the cashbook. Import/Exports of data - you can easily export reports or import large data sets to avoid manual capturing of transactions such as journals or inventory issues. Invoice & dashboard customisation

Cons

System is sometimes unstable, especially when handling large amount of data with multiple users and multiple work stations/locations Excludes payroll function, which is an add on module at a cost Excludes project management feature, hence you have to get another software to run your project management I was also not able to link external excel sheets to automatically update the ledger and vice versa without importing or exporting data.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Quickbooks was more affordable yet sufficing our needs

Theresa from Rodenstock USA

Industry: Wholesale

Accounting software for beginners to experts

We're a small-medium sized business, and Quickbooks is the best option for us to do our own accounting. Once a year, we'll send the file (it even has "send an accountant's copy" options) to our professional accountants to look over.

Pros

Quickbooks is honestly the easiest, most straight-forward accounting software I've encountered. And if there's something you can't find, they have an awesome how to section online, where you can find professional advice or even advice from other users! Their home screen has little arrows pointing you in the right direction (like Sales Order -goes to-> Invoices -goes to-> Receive Payments). Makes it easy for even computer illiterates to use! It follows a very easy structure, so if you have any common sense but no accounting background, you can still figure out what to do!

Cons

Quickbooks sometimes has little glitches or shuts down when you're trying to do something. It's not that big a deal, doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's usually when you have someone on the phone waiting for you, and you're trying to get QB working again.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Xero was extremely expensive, though it does have more extensive accounting capabilities. We went with Quickbooks because it's affordable and really does have everything we need to run this business day to day.

Antineta from NCA

Quickbooks Online

Overall, I would recommend QuickBooks Online to a client. We are coming into an age where many executives want to review their financials wherever they are and QuickBooks Online does offer that feature.

Pros

Over the last year, I started using QuickBooks Online vs. QuickBooks desktop. I really like the fact that the online version is remote meaning you can access it regardless if you are in the office or not. I like QuickBooks because it is a rather low cost software that can enable a business to see what their income and expenses are without necessarily having an accounting background. I recommend QuickBooks to many of my clients for this reason.

Cons

I have used the QuickBooks desktop version for years and have recently started using QuickBooks Online the last few months. Personally, I feel that their are a few minor things that I am getting use to. For example, I am a shortcuts person and when entering in a journal entry I'm use to the shortcut Ctrl-Delete to delete a row if there are too many. I have not found that to work in the QuickBooks Online version. I also liked how with QuickBooks Desktop if you went to the edit button when doing a transaction, it would list the different shortcuts you could use. I found this to be easier. With the QuickBooks Online version, I was able to find some shortcuts via the Help option which to me can be time consuming to have to search for. I also have found that in the beginning I had to use the Help option quite a bit just to locate some of the reports I am use to using. I'vwe found that the QuickBooks Desktop version to me is a tad bit more user friendly and helps with time management because a lot of things aren't hidden.

Stephanie from Nora Conrad

The only accounting software I'll use

Quickbooks has helped me be able to stay a solo-entrepreneur and not need to hire a bookkeeper, accountant or assistant because I'm able to save time and keep up with it by myself!

Pros

Quickbooks just makes it so dang easy to run my business. When I was starting out, I had NO idea how to manage my money, balance my books or split my business income from personal expenses. Quickbooks makes it simple to categorize, upload, split and balance my money. I have saved so much time on taxes and bookkeeping in the last four years. I truly don't know how I would have figured all this out without software like this.

Cons

I do wish that there was a built-in time tracker of some kind. I want to be able to send clients invoices based on time worked on a project and it would be really nice to have that built into the software itself without paying extra or using a third-party app.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

The price point and the simple design

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hey there, Stephanie. Saving you time and energy so you can devote more attention to your business and customers is what we're here for. Hearing how helpful QuickBooks has been is music to our ears! We're always working toward making the software even better. Your feedback helps us do just that. You can find out more about what's going on behind the scenes by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a 5 star review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Tom from Alkemi Clean Greensboro LLC

Industry: Facilities Services

Best option we've found

Overall, it's the best solution for bookkeeping that we've found. It does what it's supposed to do most of the time. It's frustrating when it doesn't. It's pretty customized and we like that. It works as well as anything else we've seen for invoicing, if not better, which is a major factor for us.

Pros

QuickBooks gets points with me for being basically THE standard for bookkeeping software. You can bring it to any bookkeeper or accountant and expect them to know exactly how to handle it. That's worth a lot when dealing with people who typically charge more than $60/hour for their time. I use the online version (QBO) and I also like that I can open my books on any device anywhere. Moreover, while I've used a handful of different bookkeeping softwares, QuickBooks is the most intuitive (for me).

Cons

QBO has some problems that are causing issues with my books. I've been to 2 different accountants with my problem and neither has been immediately able to tell me what's wrong, but it's most likely something to do with duplicate entries. My books should be relatively straightforward, but I experience discrepancies of anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars, and it fluctuates frequently. This is very distressing and may end up costing me a lot of money to sort out.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hey there, Tom. Thanks so much for your detailed review. We're happy to hear you've been able to do so much with your QuickBooks account. You can continue to rely on us for all of your accounting needs! To locate and resolve any discrepancies in your account, we recommend checking out this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/undo-reconciliation/learn-the-reconcile-workflow-in-quickbooks/00/186429 Wishing you continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Quickbook The old and the online

Still my go to package and it will continue to get better as time goes by with the online version. Offline version is still be most powerful for small business (non-us) countries.

Pros

It has becoming the defecto accounting package for my company and we recommend it due to ease of use, and familiarity. The technology has evolved into the online offerings and this added the value to small business enabling them to interface online with customers, - estimates, quotes and invoices can be easily email. The offline (desktop) version was preferred by small non US based business due to the ability to customize some components to fit non-generic business procedures, the online version is a bit more standardize. However overall the online offer has quite suited for small business. It ease of use and cloud offer takes away from a number of business continuity challenges, allowing a mom or pop shop to operate with the public image as any other large firm. Reporting for the small business user is a great feature, help management to be self sufficient with dashboard reporting, built in.

Cons

COST: The online software for the required feature will a small business at least 35 per month for the current offer. LACK of ability to Custom fields: There is a lack of ability to create your own data fields which is useful for non-us customer due to local standards and regulations.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

QuickBooks is a friendly, easy to use and now highly available tools, mobile, web/desktop. The upfront investment to get started is a fraction of what it will take. More over, the use of tablets and QuickBooks create the " modern business" look and feel for small businesses.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Thanks so much for your detailed review. We strive to provide the necessary tools to meet the needs of every business. It's great to hear you found this to be true of QuickBooks. As the product evolves, we're working to incorporate even more functionality. You can find out more about these kinds of updates by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Kelly from Smart Apartment Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Quickbooks Desktop

I became certified with QB in 1999. I have enjoyed the program and recommend it to most business people I know. I find that their customer service is once again back to where it was in the beginning, great. I used to dread the QB customer service experience, it was so horrific. Since we moved to Enterprise, it has been a huge improvement. And customer service is one of the biggest selling points for me, when you are working with the software every, single day, year in & year out.

Pros

Ease of use is fantastic. Mostly self-explanatory. Because it is so widely used there a lot of available answers for most any question that you may have.

Cons

The 3 things I dislike with QB. One is the cost of integrating all of the parts that you need to run a business. For companies between the small to medium, QuickBooks is one of the few really good options. But their costs to add on payroll & cloud hosting, is frankly too much. My next complaint is the reports. When QB first came out, you could create your reports any way you wanted and it was fantastic. Although the reports are nice, the inability to combine items from balance sheet & income statement without using all of the accounts is a pain. Especially when you are looking for only certain items. I know there are work arounds but they are a pain. Also, I am not a fan of QB online, you lose too much autonomy and flexibility with that system, too much to comfortably switch when you when multi site access.

Response from Intuit

Replied December 2019

Hello, Kelly. Thanks so much for your detailed review. Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day. You can continue to count on us for all of your accounting needs! We're continually working to incorporate great user suggestions like yours. You can find out more about these types of updates by checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for being a loyal member of the QuickBooks Family! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Katlyn from Com-Care Inc.

Switching to Quickbooks has made my life so much easier!

Quickbooks has really been beneficial to us in so many different departments. We were hesitant to go with Quickbooks at first because we had been with Sage accounting for so long, but everyone agrees we are much happier with Quickbooks!

Pros

Quickbooks is so simple and user friendly. It is so easy for me to run reports on anything I need. Quickbooks has cut the time it takes me to do payroll by more than half! All of our employees really like the electronic paystub feature as well! So far it has been an excellent product.

Cons

We use Quickbooks online so from time to time there are some glitches that have to be fixed. Also, it can be difficult to get to the right customer service department.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Thanks for choosing QuickBooks to serve your business needs, Katlyn. Nothing makes us happier than hearing that our software is making your life easier. We want to ensure that you're getting the support you need and are including a guide with steps for reaching a support agent: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767990). Should you ever have a question about the program, we invite you to check out the Community. Here you can access a host of helpful articles and ask a question in a forum of fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: (community.intuit.com). Cheering you to continued success! David, The QuickBooks Team

Gloria from A Greener Clean LLC

Perfect for small business

Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

Pros

I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

Cons

The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436 Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Mudassir from Accounting

My experience.

This software is really recommended for those user who want to maintain books without going into complex software like tally and busy.

Pros

My experience on quick book has been quite good it is easy to use by even those user who are not well aware about accounting and bookkeeping. Most of my clients who are from non commerce background are using ebook without any difficulty. It's easy to generate various reports in quick books. Entering day to day transactions is also not that difficult as is the case with tally and busy. With the only difficulty that mt clients face is when they come across some new ledger they feel helpless and have no option but to contact me.

Cons

As I described above that all my clients who ate using is face difficulty only at the time when they have to create a new ledger they are bit confuse otherwise it is far better than tally and busy.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hi, Mudassir. It makes our day to hear how easy to use and how much you've been able to do in QuickBooks. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping needs! If you ever find that you need a helping hand, the Community is a great resource to visit. Here, you can browse a variety of articles and receive guidance from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Wishing you continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Justin from John Van Dyk Professional Corporation

QuickBooks Online review

As we deal with mostly smaller business our experience is very good with QBO and it works very well and i would say a large majority of our clients are happy with it.

Pros

QuickBooks Online (QBO) is a very useful software for our industry. It gives clients a much easier time when completing their accounting records. The software is fairly easy to use with most clients (even those with little or not accounting experience) can use the software little or no training on our part.

Cons

The software is very good and very geared towards smaller companies and owner-manged businesses. If the company grows it is very evident that QBO is no longer useful for them. It does not handle a large number of transactions easily and the larger you are the more likely that error downloads will occur and duplicates or omitting transactions does occur.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2019

Hi, Justin. Providing you with the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our top priority. It's great to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! We're continually working to provide advanced features and functionality that will meet the needs of every business. To find out about what's going on behind the scenes, we invite you to check out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, you may want to take a look at our available apps that integrate directly with your account to expand it's versatility (https://apps.intuit.com/app/apps/home). Wishing you continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Brenda from Jscom

Quick Book Review

Using QB made my life a lot easier in terms of my work and allow me to do a lot. it tracts our finances well and able to return the mistakes that companies making in tallying the accounts. it practically made me feel as i am really an accounts because the basic accounting is very easy to learn despite if you are a beginner in this software. The details in the board are very well written and understand easily without going in any training. it is perfectly very helpful.

Pros

Aside from Its easier to use even if you doesn't have the accounting background, it keep things in order. It helps you understand the basic book keeping the reports about finances and the invoicing is a lot easier to do on this software. I thank this as i am able to connect with the financial status and bank qualifications without committing any mistake.

Cons

QB is not compatible with all the banks and not able to inform you if there are problems with the connection. They should upgrade some details to be able to catch up with the trends as other establishments are upgrading their accounting software. I have difficulty also in using our cheque printer as its always occurring the network not compatible with the software note.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hi there, Brenda. We believe in simplifying the functions and tools in the software to make your job easier. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed using QuickBooks. We'll continue to help lighten he work load! Our developers are always on the lookout for ways to improve the software. You can keep up with what will be included in new updates by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Kianja from Bookkeepers and Associates LLC

QuickBooks, Not Just For Professional Use

Pros

Both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are very easy to use. They can both be customized to fit your companies business objectives. I love QuickBooks online for the convenience of accessing your accounting information from anywhere. I think that being able to login and download your financial transactions is very convenient for a small business owner. It is as simple as reviewing which category (or account, which it is known as within the software) the transaction is assigned to. If you do not have the transaction assigned to the correct category when it is initially downloaded, you can change this within the software in a few clicks. The best part is that QuickBooks Online will remember which category you assigned to the transaction. So, they next time you download transactions from the same vendor, QuickBooks will recognize the transaction and automatically recall the category you assigned the last time. QuickBooks Desktop does the same as QuickBooks Online. However, the beauty of QuickBooks Desktop is that you can create as many "Company" files as you want. I put the word company in quotation marks because you can also use this software to manage your personal finances. Although this is not what the software was created for, the fact is that if you manage your personal finances like a scaling business, you will have a better handle on living within your means. QuickBooks Desktop makes this very easy to do.

Cons

I am not a huge fan of paying a monthly fee. While I like QuickBooks Online, I am not a fan of possibly paying an increase in monthly cost at any given moment. I also don't like that the mileage tracker is not readily available on the higher versions of QuickBooks Desktop (Starter, Essentials, and Plus).

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hey there, Kianja. Thanks so much for your thorough review. We love hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks and how helpful each version of the software has been for your business. You can count on us to have your back for all of your accounting needs for years to come! To find out more about ways we're working to improve the software and offer even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

More than enough for our small company

We had to upgrade from QB Online because we use it for escrow accounts, and QB isn't designed for that. As a workaround, we created a new cash sub-account and payable sub-account for each escrow transaction. Pretty soon, we had thousands of sub-accounts, which really put a strain on it and made it run slowly. We transferred all of our data to QB Enterprise, which is handling that with ease and providing many more features. Overall, I enjoy using it. It's simple for employees to use, and it does more than enough for us.

Pros

QB Enterprise is more than we need for the small company. It's fast and efficient. It's straightforward in how things work, so training isn't intensive for new users. It's easy to upgrade from another version of QB and transfer all the company data into it.

Cons

It's limited in what can be displayed or used to sort in many of the windows. For example, the vendor screen displays all the invoices and payments, but doesn't display a running balance column. It's difficult to expand columns to display all of the data in a column. It doesn't remember column widths, so I'm continuously having to adjust the column width every time I open a window with data. Data in some windows can't be exported to Excel. For example, I like to export the bank statement reconciliation screen to a spreadsheet with my bank data download where I can sort and subtract to find a discrepancy between two columns instantly. But, there isn't a way to get the data in that window to export or copy. The reconciliation screen also doesn't allow for display of the cash sub-account or the offset account. So, I'm continuously having to open individual transactions to see which is which if they are similar.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Providing the tools you need to get the job done quickly and easily is our number one goal. It's great to hear you found the best version of QuickBooks to suit your business needs! Many of our software updates come from great customer suggestions like yours. You can find out more about ways we're working to improve by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Robin from The Digital Marketing People

Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose

It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Pros

I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Cons

It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

Response from Intuit

Replied October 2019

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156). We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Tim from Pure Word Church

Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances

QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Pros

I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Cons

There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/). We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Sarah from EVB

Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits

From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Pros

Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Cons

The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Great review, Sarah! We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to complete so many tasks for your organization. You can count on us to be there for all of your accounting needs for years to come. We recommend checking out our Blog to find out more about ways we're working to improve (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, this article provides details on setting up wage garnishments (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/setting-up-a-wage-garnishment/01/370809#M7725). Lastly, we invite you to take a look at the following link to find out more about processing payments in your QuickBooks account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/merchant-services/process-payments-in-the-merchant-service-center/00/186106). Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Christian from Haldey Pharma

QuickBooks Review

I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

Pros

It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

Cons

I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

More suitable for clients not familiar with book keeping running small businesses.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Wishing you the best. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Beverly from R&R Legacy Group LLC

QUICKBOOKS IS AWESOME

My overall experience has been great I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Quick books has a very easy to understand app & website to manage all your business needs.I deal with a lot of truck drivers on a daily bases and Ifta tax tracking has always been a hassle,but not with quick books.They allow you to add mileage & fuel cost to better estimate quarterly taxes.You also received discounts on tax preparation software.

Cons

I honestly dont have anything bad to say about quickbooks.The only thing I suggest is that they partner with more companies to offer customers discounts.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

They offered more services at a reasonable price.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Great review, Beverly! Hearing how easy and helpful QuickBooks has been to you and your company is music to our ears. We'll continue to be there to assist with all of your mileage and cost tracking, and tax prep for years to come. For more info on ways we're working to provide even more features and functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Cheers to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Lynn from Buskey Law Offices

Industry: Law Practice

Almost flawless functionality

My experience with Quickbooks has been great overall. Have had a few glitches now and again, but (knock wood) it's been working fine for years now. I like the ability to search by client, to print various reports for clients, taxes, etc., and to easily keep track of client retainers. I have not used this software for billing, so I can't really give an opinion. I tried it out, but didn't have the patience to figure it out with respect to legal billing.

Pros

Quickbooks serves its purpose for me very well as banking software. It keeps track of the checkbook and prints professional-looking checks. I also use it for bookkeeping purposes come tax season by printing out expense reports to see all of my potential tax deductions. It is also pretty good with searching for specific transactions. I do make sure my client name is in the memo field, otherwise I have had trouble searching with other fields (probably "user-error"). It is great for keeping track of client funds, which is essential as an attorney who collects retainers from clients. Reports are also required for client funds/retainers, and they are easy to prepare and print with Quickbooks. Reports are a little complicated because there are so many to choose from, but once you know which ones are actually useful, they are great.

Cons

Intuit has been very clear that they will no longer support my version of Quickbooks. I had no need to update otherwise, so I am working with a version that I can no longer get any assistance with if anything goes wrong. Also, the back-up data files do not sync with my cloud software for some reason, so there is always an error message in that regard on my cloud software (which I cannot get any help with because I have an outdated version). The search engine is workable, but I have learned to put the client's name in the memo field for every transaction so I know how to get an accurate list of transactions for a client.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

I don't remember why I choose Quickbooks over Quicken because it was so long ago (2006). My impression is that these programs are fairly comparable.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Organization is key for any business, so it's great to know you've been able to keep track of your banking, bookkeeping, and tax aspects all in one space, Lynn! We appreciate you being a loyal member of the QuickBooks family and you can count on the software to help lighten your workload for years to come. If you do decide you'd like to update your account, this article is a great place to start (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/update-products/update-to-the-latest-release-of-quickbooks-desktop/01/203221). For additional resources and helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). Thank you for review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Karen from Self employed

Industry: Maritime

Quickbooks: Perfect for small businesses; requires minimal accounting background; cost efficient

QuickBooks is perfect for a small business without extensive accounting knowledge to manage and track financial aspects of their business. With the online payroll tax reports available as well as year end W2's and 1099's, it is very easy to handle monthly, quarterly, and year end tax reporting with an affordable subscription . The con is that it is a "one size fits all" and does not offer enough ability to customize to a specific business.

Pros

QuickBooks is the most popular software on the market due to it's ease of use, and it's cost efficiency. A beginner with computer literacy and basic financial knowledge can set up a company and post transactions with little or no support assistance. Printing needed month end reports such as Profit & Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Job Costs, etc. is simple and requires minimal steps to accomplish. With the online subscription, payroll is quick and easy including payroll tax reports. The ability to send our CPA a year end report for filing taxes is a major plus.

Cons

While QuickBooks is the easiest accounting software to use, I prefer more detailed accounting applications. I have in-depth accounting knowledge and would prefer to have a company specific design rather than a cookie cutter one size fits all. While I like the financial reports with QuickBooks, I really don't like the Payroll report designs. Previous accounting software that I used offered a much better layout for payroll reports which offered a quick view of employee wages and deductions. QB's report has too many wasted columns in the P/R report and it takes a lot of time for me to customize the report to the information that I want. There are also functions that are not available in QB such as easy posting of "cash advances" to employees which is something used frequently by the company I work with.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

We love knowing you've been able to count on us for your reporting, tracking, and payroll needs, Karen! Providing the tools to make your job easier is our number one goal. For additional info on customizing reports, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/run-reports/customize-your-financial-reports/00/186382). To stay in the know on how we're working to improve, we invite you to take a look at our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Great features for the price point

Good experience. Hassle free software. Accounting and invoicing is straight forward.

Pros

Very cheap (they give you more discounts if you wait it out before renewal). Its got most of the accounting functionalities from invoicing to inventory to taxation and cost management. Highly recommended for a small-med organisation.

Cons

The 'Sent from Quick-books as displayed (in big bold) in each mail. Really dislike it. Also, you can't generate invoices which have already been paid for- you need to generate cash receipt--but cash receipts mess with the accounting as revenues are calculated from invoicing. All invoices go with a pay now button. This is the biggest issues we face.

1. Less cumbersome 2. More functionalities

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

We strive to provide easy to use tools to manage each accounting aspect. It's great to know we've been able to share the workload and help out with invoicing, inventory, taxes, and cost management! For additional tips and tricks on ways to use your account, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). You can also find out more about how we're working to offer advanced features and improved functionality by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Anthony from Kvngsman Clothiers

A wonderful accounting tool for startups and growing businesses. Customer support is nothing to writ

It's a great accounting software, but charges and customer service could frustrate you

Pros

I like how QuickBooks has an aesthetic and user friendly interface that makes it relatively easy to navigate. It drastically reduces the amount of work and time I have to expend on basic accounting operations. Its Integrated tools help me draft invoices, keep an eye on financial reports, track my business revenues, costs and expenses very easily. With QuickBooks online, producing financial reports is a matter of just a few clicks as a user finds it easy to create sales receipts and estimates in minutes producing instant accounting reports.

Cons

Adding transactions from bank feeds can be very time-consuming because there's no functional flexible way of entering transactions from bank feeds. Sometimes I have to visit a transaction twice to get all the data and coding in the right order. Another sticking point is that theres no way for me to sync QuickBooks Online with QuickBooks Desktop or vice versa. Intuit's lack or inadequacy of professional support is a big weakness. You often have to be on hold for a really long time before speaking with a support staff, and even after you do, sometimes they're unable to solve your problem.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Saving you time by providing the tools you need to get the job done is our number one goal, Anthony. We're thrilled to know this has been achieved for you! You can continue to rely on us for all of your invoicing, reporting, and revenue tracking needs. For more info on adding downloaded back transactions, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/bank-feeds/download-match-and-categorize-your-bank-transactions-in/00/185637). As an alternative way to find the support you need, we invite you to browse our other Community articles. If you can find exactly what you're looking for, you can post your own unique questions and receive helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Thanks for stopping by to leave a review. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

William from Employment Assistance

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Pros

QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1. We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business. I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Cons

The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Reputation, ease of use, previous experience with the product.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: QBCares@Intuit.com Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Bulinda from Stirrin In Soul Inc

Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar

My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Pros

QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Cons

I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Tracy from Office Solutions

The Small Business Software of Choice

Since using QuickBooks vs. batch processing software, the time I have saved doing my work is exponential.

Pros

What I like most about the software is: 1. The flexibility of it in that there are several different ways to do the same task. 2. The drill down feature in the reporting that allows you to drill down from any report to the source document and also make changes to that document in real time, and update that report in real time without re-running anything. 3. Real time updating of the software vs. batch processing. 4. Ease of use, easy to train employees, super easy and clean to fix mistakes. 5. Value for the money 6. Makes payroll processing very easy.

Cons

Cons: 1. If you are not using the enterprise version, customer service is not good. 2. If you let a person who doesn't know what they are doing use it, they can mess it up really bad, pretty quickly.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Success stories like yours make our day, Tracy! It's wonderful to hear that QuickBooks is helping you save time and making it easier to handle your daily tasks. Whether you're running payroll or updating a report, you can count on our software to get the job done. Our priority is to provide you with a variety of support options so you can get quick answers to any questions you may have. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: QBCares@Intuit.com Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares We also recommend checking out this article for great resources you can use to help train your employees: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767637). Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Polly from Broncoed Estates

Brilliant Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Once you take your time to enter in all product, customer, supplier information etc you have a great tool to undertake your bookkeeping accurately and professionally. It's quick to be able to perform tasks, which in turn allows me more time to do what I do best. I have all the information I need to be able to analyse the performance of my business and instantly can make financial changes and decisions necessary to keep abreast of my competitors.

Pros

Easy step by step guides to setting up the software which is tailored to your company and the type of industry you work in. If you have an understanding of bookkeeping, then QB is very easy to navigate around. Data input is simple and it takes very little time to be able to produce your 1st, professional looking invoice batch and email to your customers. Expense recording is also very easy to understand. Bank reconciliation is very quick and integration with your own bank account is great. There are numerous reports which can be quickly adapted to suit your own requirements. On the whole a great all round accounting software package for a small to medium size business.

Cons

Would prefer to be able to purchase desk top software and not the pay monthly/yearly. Apart from a few tiny niggles, I would buy QB before any other accountancy software packages.

Response from Intuit

Replied July 2019

Success stories like yours make our day, Polly! QuickBooks was designed for business owners like yourself to make it easier to track your finances and focus on doing what you love. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying the numerous features and we'll be sure to continually enhance our software so it grows with your business. To stay up to date on what's being worked on next, we recommend keeping an eye on our blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. Cheers to your continued success! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Great Product for Small Business

overall quickbooks is a fantastic program with minimal learning curve especially if you are coming over from another program. the user interface is friendly and easy to use. the customer service is top notch and is always there to help you immediately and come to a resolution to get you back up and running 100%.

Pros

the best thing about this software is that it is easy for a small business to setup with customers, tax tables, A/P, A/R, inventory, invoicing, payroll and business taxes. it helps take the burden and guesswork out of paying taxes, employees and business expenses while maintaining the books and budgets. There is even utilities that are readily available to use to convert from another program to quickbooks to get you up and running much faster while retaining your previous data with a few tweaks. Customer service is the best there is. not once have i contacted them and not had my issue almost immediately resolved.

Cons

As always, the least liked thing about quickbooks is the updates. it seems that no matter what update it is or how new or old an installation is, there is always an issue with an update. whether it requires you to reset the update history and re-download the update and apply or completely boot all the users out of the system to make repairs and then reboot the system it is hosted on so that you can update the quickbooks system again and get everyone back into it to continue working.

Response from Intuit

Replied July 2019

Nothing makes us happier than hearing QuickBooks is helping you easily maintain your books and that you've been receiving the support you deserve. Whether you're running payroll or handling a budget, you can count on our software to back your business. With updates, there are many factors that go into getting them to install properly and sometimes having the software hosted on its own system can cause hiccups. Should you continue to have issues, please let us know and we'll investigate further. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: QBCares@Intuit.com Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Naomi from Midwest Autopark

Not for entry level

It has definitely helped our business stay in compliance. Most CPAs use this software so its an easy way for them to access our information. It has not been an easy software to learn but its worth it once you do.

Pros

Once you tailor it to your business and get familiar with the features it can be helpful and stress free. Knowing Im staying in compliance puts me at ease as well as having one spot I can go to to access all my info.

Cons

It is not user friendly. You cant just purchase the software and try and figure it out on your own. I had to have training from my CPA and it has taken years to fully feel comfortable with it....and I STILL have questions! I also dont like having to transfer the file back and forth with my cpa which means I have to wait on him to get anymore work done.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

We appreciate you being a part of our QuickBooks family over the years, Naomi! It's wonderful to hear our software has helped you stay at ease by knowing you're in compliance and all your data is in one spot. At first it can be tough to figure out how to use all the features available and like you said, you can still have questions even when you're comfortable. If you ever need to know how to do something, we recommend checking out our Community page for self-help articles and discussions with your peers, as well as access to our support team: (https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop). Also, if you're not already, it may be easier to share your file with your CPA by using our Accountant File Transfer Service (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1760628). This allows you to continue working in your books and apply their changes when they're done. We hope this information helps and wish you continued success! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Evan from Zip Printing and Mailing

Easy accounting software

Pros

It does a lot while you do a little. I am able to send invoices, receive payment in different forms, do payroll, file tax forms and make payments as well as much more. It is very user friendly most of the time. I don't ever have any bugs. It let's me spend more time on other parts of my business.

Cons

They force you to purchase new software every three years. The customer support can be hit and miss.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Hi Evan! Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software, so we're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks is handling your accounting needs. Whether you're running payroll or receiving payments, you can count on our software to get the job one. To keep our software up to date with the latest security measures and implement new/improved features, we periodically discontinue products. It's a balancing act between supporting older versions and creating new ones. It's our priority to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: QBCares@Intuit.com Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family and we wish you all the best! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Donna from Windsor Borough

Quickbooks Desktop Rview

Overall QuickBooks has been easy to use for paying invoices, tracking expenses/income and completing employee payroll. I've been using QuickBooks for over 7 years. Please note that there is a big difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online version. The online version is not user friendly at all. I would not recommend the online version.

Pros

QuickBooks Desktop is relatively easy to use. The payroll feature makes calculating and filing employee payroll and payroll taxes very easy. Paying invoices is also very easy and it records expenses in individual accounts that you set up. You can quickly and easily find invoices that have been paid and track year to date expenses. There are many reports available so you can easily see amounts spent in each category or where income is coming from. This is very useful when working on budgets. The software allows you to modify things according to what works best for you.

Cons

The annual fee is expensive and there is an extra fee for the payroll service. Also, the customer service is not very good. Occasionally I need to call in and get a customer service rep to correct a problem. Service is slow and it's hard to understand the reps as they all have accents. I try to use the self help section of QuickBooks before calling in to get assistance and I know it will take over an hour to get a problem fixed.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

It's great to hear you're using all the features to the fullest, and it sounds like you're a pro, Donna. The Desktop and Online versions have slightly different work flows, but we're glad you found one to meet your unique business needs. For other ways to contact support, we recommend this Community article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Contact-the-QuickBooks-Desktop-Customer-Support-Team/td-p/252601 Thanks for your review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Jonathan from Partner Hero Inc.

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

As a Satff Accountant this a great asset to have

This is great accounting software for all kinds of business, it has done wonders for our company and all the associates that work with it within the finance and accounting team. I would highly recommend it to small to medium-sized businesses.

Pros

Quickbooks is one of the best tools I've used for accounting, this is due to its very light platform and intuitive UI for you to navigate through and execute. Taking into consideration the fact that you need to have an accounting background, that doesn't take away the fact that this is an easy-to-use tool. Among my favorite features the one that I can point out the most, is the Vendo/Bills feature, which allows you to add all bill of the period into every vendor's account for you to generate you AP and Aging reports.

Cons

Among the cons, you could find this software to not be easy to break into, even tho it has a very light UI, you are required to have an accounting background for you to fully exploit this tool's full capabilities. Another thing you could find as a little bit of an issue, it the way it's mobile app works, as for it is not at full development quite yet, meaning you will find yourself capped on the thing you could do with the reporting features and journal entries.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

Hearing an accountant describe QuickBooks as one of the best tools they've used is music to our ears, Jonathan. We strive to provide software that is accessible to users of all backgrounds and have some great resources to help learn the program. Should you or a coworker be interested in learning more about the features in the software, we invite you to check out our video tutorials. Here you can find over one hundred videos on topics from getting started to running reports: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVxBmyedTVhTRQRYeZJfVBpz_12zwHc6Z We appreciate the wonderful review! David, The QuickBooks Team

Anna from Freelance Interpreter

Industry: Translation and Localization

Use QuickBooks to feel Empowered and Efficient while running your business

As an ASL Interpreter, I met many self-employed freelancers in my field. I was very apprehensive about transitioning from staff employment to self-employment. Luckily, I decided to try the Self-Employed option through Quickbooks. It's been a great experience. As a "first generation freelancer", I depend daily on the tracking tools that QuickBooks provides. Before, I faced daily anxieties about whether or not I was documenting my expenses and mileage correctly. Now, I track this information confidently with Quickbooks, and am able to spend more of my cognitive and emotional energy on my actual work and passions.

Pros

I mostly use the "QuickBooks:Self-Employed" features of this software. I love the versatility with the mileage tracker that allows me either to have trips automatically tracked or to add and delete trips on my own. Living in a metropolitan area, the mileage tracker will sometimes count rides on public transportation as a car ride. I'm easily able to delete that trip and also check on my transactions to make sure that the money spent on transportation is documented appropriately as business or personal. One of my VERY favorite features are under the "Reports" section. I love the ability to get a preview of what kind of information I'll be sharing at tax time. I can download an excel spreadsheet that breaks down all of my Schedule C Transactions as a different page for each category (assets, meals, etc.). Before I started using Quickbooks, I didn't even know what most of these terms event meant! Now I'm able to work more freely and confidently as a "first generation freelancer".

Cons

When manually adding a trip to the mileage section, you are able to input the beginning address and the end address. However, QuickBooks does not have a feature that will calculate the miles between those addresses. As of now, I have to go back to my Google Maps app to see what the number of miles were. It makes the experience less fluid.

Tony from Spin Cycle Laundromats

A reliable cloud software with great add-on options

Overall QB Online made my reports easier, got me organized, and freed up a huge amount of time aggregating data when I switched to it from using simple excel spreadsheets.

Pros

I use the QBO online version. It is easy to login. Setup takes some time and with the help of my accountant to establish g/l's it was not too bad. Once setup it is very easy to allocate expenses and the add-on links to banks, credit cards, and my payroll system were very easy to setup. I love the fact that I can login from anywhere to do business. Customer service has been helpful when I got to them. I love the fact that I can fluidly switch between businesses as we have several LLCs and Corps.

Cons

The online version interaction with mobile devices is not as fluid as it should be. It can be quirky for viewing on my iPhone. Customer service wait times can sometimes be long.

Interface and pricing

Response from Intuit

Replied May 2019

Thanks a bunch for the review, and for letting us know about what improvements you've envisioned for the future of QuickBooks, Tony. I'd be more than glad to forward your comments about the mobile app to the Engineering Team, as we default to your suggestions as a means to power our innovations. you can even stay in the loop for what's to come next at our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv), so keep an eye out for the latest enhancements to be passed down the pipeline. You're the best part of QuickBooks, so keep up the fantastic work! Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Miguel from 419 Bookkeeping LLC

Tried & True - Quickbooks remains king!

The ability to track me financials allows me to identify my business's cash flow which is crucial to keeping my doors open. Automatic bank feeds are cutting down the time I need to spend doing manual data entry and gives me more time to focus on my main mission of my company.

Pros

The ease of use allows just about anyone to successfully navigate and work in the software. No matter if you have an accounting or financial background. This is great news for business owners and accounting personnel, alike. With the ease of use, the training resources provide by Inuit, and their extensive list of available Pro-Advisers, you will be up and running and tracking your business's finances in no time. One other aspect I like is the ability customize the software to git your industry or company's needs. Custom reports, customized chart of accounts, etc are just a few examples how QB sets the standard for small/medium size business accounting softwares.

Cons

The least favorable aspect of Quickbooks is the inability to prevent old transactions from back-posting into a closed period. For example, if I void a check or an invoice, I would like to be able to set an effective date of today and not the original date of the source document. Allowing this to happens, will throw off bank reconciliations, it would and could change past period financial statement information and could impact your tax liability as well.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Quickbooks desktop is more powerful, in terms of report features and easier to navigate and learn to use. I couldn't imagine trying to train a non-financial person an accounting software that is too numbers/technical driven. QB is user-friendly and none of the other options even compare.

Response from Intuit

Replied May 2019

Thank you for bring this to my attention, Miguel. You can close your books for a period of time so that transactions aren't allowed to be posted before that time period.Here are the articles for the respective programs: Online: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/How-do-I-close-the-prior-years-books-to-send-to-the-accountant/td-p/182283 Desktop: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Close-your-books-in-QuickBooks-Desktop/m-p/186457 If you ever have any questions about this, please reach out to us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (@QBCares). Grant, The QuickBooks Team

With QB, we know 'where we are heading'

QB has helped not only us but many thousands to know where we are heading in our business, thereby reach our corporate objectives and financial goals and survive in this competitive and challenging business environment by systematically managing resources. Thanks, QB team for the great efforts you have taken and I wouldnt hesitate for a moment to recommend QB to any small to medium scale user.

Pros

The best part in QB is that it doesnt allow others to toy around when it comes to managing the returns for your efforts. You dont need to be an accounting professional to work with QB, but a little playing around with the software gives you a glimpse of the workings and gradually guide you through to become an expert in managing your financial matters yourself or even supervise a basic level staff member in handling your financial matters if its a small to average scale business. The passwords systems at various levels ensure the security and prevent manipulation of data by other fellow users. With long years of improvements and with the feedback of users of various levels and a variety of trades, QB has become the leader in this category. QB has simplified most of the bookkeeping tasks in a diverse array of businesses be it services, trading, manufacturing or your personal accounts. It has gone beyond accounting software to function as an ERP in our manufacturing facility. It has become another machine in our plant with no complaints of overwork, no leave, no annual bonuses, and no work stoppages. If the accounts guy is away, I myself take his place with all other priorities. Its so simple even for those who are not IT savvy.

Cons

whenever there are glitches, there are enough resources available in the community forums or the Intuit support team. Having said that, I wouldnt say that QB is the only and perfect system, as there could be glitches during different applications, but with the help of the users, QB team can update the system for better performance for the benefit of all concerned.

John from George Mason Law Firm

A little clunky, but still the best accounting software on the market

The main benefit of quick books for my business is the ease of use for everyday bookkeeping tasks, and interfacing with our accountant for year and and quarterly filings. Also, it is such a standard software that it is easy to find new hires with quickbooks knowledge. Once your Quickbooks is set up to suit your business, keeping it up is really easy. It also saves on paper waste as documents and receipts and invoices can be scanned right into the software and the physical copies destroyed.

Pros

Quickbooks contains everything you could need for most organizations. The user interface is a bit difficult to navigate, and could use updating, but the funcionality is there. My favorite feature is being able to attached scans of documents or receipts right to a transaction. You can upload saved scans from your computer, or quickbooks will interface with a scanner to scan them directly into quickbooks, which is very handy. This cuts down on lots of paper in the office. Also, the accountant function is great for utilizing a 3rd party bookkeeper. You can send out a portion of the quickbooks file to your accountant to make changes, meanwhile still being able to use the software and update with new changes.

Cons

The interface takes a lot of getting used to. The usual keyboard shortcuts don't work in Quickbooks, and pulling reports is clunky, but functional in the end. There is so much functionality packed in that it is hard to navigate to simple things sometimes. Not all companies need inventory management and purchase order tracking, and complicated payroll features, but some of these functions are always turned on.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 15,978 reviews