• Pros

• "Contains all the necessary modules and features that we need. Simple to set-up and use (even for non-IT professionals."

• "QCBD is an affordable, intuitive, flexible solution for any organization that needs and integrated QMS."

• "User-friendly easy to learn great for multi plants to use. Like the being able to view all sites or just the site you are located. Like the same rights as someone else."

• Cons

• "There are a few bugs in file names if you use special characters in the names."

• "My company is very specialized and there is one module we have found we at this time can't configure for use. But it hasn't stopped or made our current processes less effective. "

• "Various modules within the QCBD database has areas and fields that can not be modified to fit our company's need. Example: Equipment Management with work orders."

Browse QCBD Reviews

Edward from PerkinElmer, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

I am now at my 3rd company using QCBD. Each has benefited greatly for audits and day to day use.

My first experience with QCBD, the company already had it installed. The other two realized the opportunity and instituted the application without reservations. Management, auditors and operators enjoy how simple it is to use and how easy it is to find the QMS information and data.

Pros

What impresses me most; is having external customers and their executives, with expensive and complex eDMS tools, appreciate the amount of information available within a few screens and search clicks.

Cons

The amount of data that can be searched by or with an auditor increases the likelihood of finding; which means we must be diligent in perusing everything.

Marifrances from LGC Biosearch Technologies (Lucigen)

Industry: Biotechnology

Amazing QMS software. Unbelievable price. Unparalleled technical support. A real find!!

We have used QCBD since 2012 when we started to seriously work toward certification to ISO 13485. QCBD facilitated our certification readiness because the QMS forms/records function (customer complaints, change orders, process deviations, corrective actions, etc) ensures that the completeness of documentation is consistent; data fields can be set to "required". Document revision control is further ensured because QCBD automatically prints a release status and print date timestamp along the top edge of each page, by default. User access is managed with a flexible system of use privileges/right as set by a QCBD Administrator. The electronic signature feature is compliant with 21 CFR Part 11. Lots of features. I 100% recommend QCBD to anyone who asks.

Pros

All the QMS document control and record requirements are addressed with a single application, QCBD. Everything is in one place. Records can be linked together which makes the whole story easy to remember and explain to an auditor. Certification auditors and auditors who come on behalf of our customers are always impressed with our documentation and record control. Our certification auditor told us she has suggested QCBD to clients who are still struggling with manual document control and QMS records systems because they think they cannot afford a software-based system. Technical support is responsive, helpful, and gracious. Suggestions for improvement are considered. The technical support is the best I have ever worked with. Ever!

Cons

Customization options are less flexible than I would like; some modules are more flexible than others. I would like to see better supporting documentation. The hotfix software upgrade notes are not always clearly written. The user manuals are not as complete as I would like, however, the on-line videos are helpful and easily accessible.

Michealle from Advanced Cell Diagnostics

Mostly Pleased with this product

I needed a way to electronically route documents and I had a limited budget. As our company grows we many not be able to keep this system, but I hope we can. Our parent company really does not like this software. Other divisions wanted to try it, but they indicated it would not happen.

Pros

It is easy to use, changing modules and customizing them is simple compared to other eQMS systems. I want to implement the full package but resources and time make it difficult for me to begin implement all the modules.

Cons

Some of the updates really cause problems. A recent one for example. Otherwise there is more to like than dislike. The search capabilities are limited, I really want to be able to search by part number, or search by words with the document. I wish it would save the search I was on so I don't have to go back to recreate the search. I do use the filter and that helps but there is some inconvenience with the search capabilities. I also would like an email alert for equipment that can be set up to notify me when a piece of equipment is due for maintenance or calibration.

Response from CAMA Software

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your feedback. The glitch in the recent update has been resolved. Searches that you create can be saved as "Saved Queries". The Report Engine can provide automatic email notifications such as the calibration due that your describe.

Jamie from Resonetics

QCBD User

We are using all modules of QCBD. This is allowing us to go paperless and we can easily monitor trends and trainng.

Pros

The software is highly configurable and it is very easy to match the workflows to our current processes.

Cons

I wish it would communicate with our ERP system without having to write code.

Bob from Quaker Color

Industry: Chemicals

Effective Quality Database software at reasonable cost

Organizes all my ISO requirements in one location

Pros

Excellent customer support & fast responses Easy to set up and use Robust - Doesn't crash, drag, or freeze-up on network Low cost

Cons

In ability to add user defined fields within tabbed records - limited to one tab Cannot create separate asset lists Limited Maintenance module features

Phillip from Tenex Health, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

The QCBD software has been without a doubt, a significant improvement in our QMS system.

Our company benefited greatly by purchasing and installing QCBD as our quality management system. The results were apparent within the first couple months when reporting began that QCBD software really does work. Its a great solution that provides great management tools for any size company. I have used the software at two different companies and has seen major improvements within the quality system.

Pros

QCBD software has made compliance to 21 CFR Part 11 and other standards very easy. The validation package that is received with the software is easy to follow and very detailed and complete. Also, the integration of modules and being able to link between different records has made our control of documents and records much easier, including training. Training was poorly controlled at our company prior to QCBD, within the first month, we had a grip on the entire companies training.

Cons

Overall, the QCBD software has fulfilled our companies requirements for an electronic quality management system. Although at times during customization and setup, there were challenges to overcome, but CAMA software was always helpful, responsive and had always found a solution that worked for our quality system.

J.C. from ADL Embedded Solutions, Inc.

QCBD for Embedded Computing Industry

We just passed our 12 month ISO9001 surveillance audit with zero non-compliances. Our entire QMS audit was conducted in a conference with pretty much nothing by QCBD up on the screen going through various processes and procedures. QCBD is truly the best investment weve made as part of our ISO prep.

Pros

Ease of use, SQL-based, thin client software easy to distribute to the whole company. It allows us to be mostly paperless. We also like that it is locally installed on our servers and not cloud-based...less prone to data loss.

Cons

The initial setup was a time-consuming and little bit onerous but once it is setup, the maintenance is minimal...it just runs.

Jamie from Innovasis

QCBD

We use QCBD for Complaints, Supplier Management, Nonconformances, Corrective Action, Training and have most recently started using it for PM.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and I am continually finding out new capabilities that it has to help streamline procedure to software. QCBD is easy to follow and has appropriate stops in place to mitigate inadvertently closing a record out before appropriate steps are complete. I have already recommended QCBD to suppliers.

Cons

I would like to be able to just go back to my previous screen view by using a back arrow. When filtering data, and then opening one record from the filter, it doesn't allow to go back to the Spreadsheet view for that filter setting.

Briana from C. G. Laboratories, Inc

Industry: Medical Devices

Great functionality, regardless if you are a large or small company

I love this quality system and is a great aid in day to day operations.

Pros

The MasterList, Change Order and Training Matrices/Plan is what I use most and has the most impact, I cannot begin to tell you the time save, tracking, etc that this gives.

Carley from InControl Medical LLC

InControl Medical QCBD Review

As a business, InControl Medical is paper based, QCBD will change that.

Pros

This software is easy to navigate, the manuals and videos are helpful for training, and it is very user friendly.

Cons

A few things i noticed while completing the validation of QCDB for InControl Medical were, some of the wording in the validation instructions was unclear or miss guiding. There are quite a few typographical and grammatical errors within the software itself, the manuals, and the validation test instructions. Another thing i did not like is that the Master List module is the only one that the layout of the screen can be customized. If there is the option to "Hide" fields within tabs it makes the layouts obscure. As the admin user, id like to make each module layout flow nicely and have a nice page appeal if i'm going to be presenting to and training others.

Decent Quality Control Program

We are able to keep track of a number of Quality Audits, Quality Control, as well as Trainings for everyone in the company in a quick to see format. Quick reports give us access to the necessary data without having to delve deeply into semantics.

Pros

We are able to keep track of all our Trainings, and who needs to have their trainings updated or renewed easily.

Cons

It is a little clunky to use to begin with, not as user friendly as I would like.

Eric from Bosch USA

Great software, very affordable!

Pros

The price of this software is unbelievably low. The very first time I came across it, I honestly didn't think it'd be up to the job considering the price. It didn't take long to win me over though. Another thing is that it's easy to use and very user friendly. It's so easy to set up training and save them, thus saving time in the long run.

Cons

This is a great and very capable software, especially considering the price. The only thing I think needs improving is the ability to perform more customizations.