Realtrac Reviews

4.07 / 5 (59) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 5 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "My work made easier when started to use this tool. I can easily track and manage the inventories. Great features and functions."

• "The product is very good in terms of monitoring workflows and job scheduling as well. It helps me to organize more the situation in the operation."

• "I like the combination with Right Board. Visual aide is nice. "

• Cons

• "Some modules are difficult to get in. But other than that, there's none. "

• "It's a little bit of a hassle to setup and changes/updates to certain data have to be made in several locations. Inventory management could also be a little more intuitive and user friendly. "

• "Would really like to see a way to archive old Jobs. Our daily backup is over 50Gb"

Browse Realtrac Reviews

Finally a shop management program that works for a Job Shop

Realtrac has really helped organize our shop without creating extra work for our employees.

Pros

It is extrememly customizeable - You determine how much of each portion of the program really applies to your situation.

Cons

Response from Mindbridge Systems

Replied November 2018

Hello, Thank you for posting your review. We have noticed that you posted as private, but i would like to reach out to you to show you how to archive the old jobs that you speak of as a con. This is a very easy process. Please contact me at 734-793-3816 when you have a moment. Thank You, Jeremy Klosowski

Erik from Jurman Metrics

Industry: Machinery

How Realtrac changed the way we do business

Overall Realtrac has given us a different perspective on how we do business. Jobs now have routers detailing step by step production processes. It has also changed how we manage our inventory by consolidating our warehouse. Realtrac has proven to be an effective tool and everyone in the office enjoys its ease of use.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use and how efficient it is when it comes to tracking job statuses. The inventory management module is also great and it allows us to input inventory locations and statuses. So if we have 20 parts that are partially done in stock we can flag them as partially completed. Realtrac has essentially changed our entire business into a more efficient company.

Cons

The only issue I have is the loading times when it comes to selecting different modules.

Reasons for Choosing Realtrac

We choose Realtrac for two reasons. One, E2 was a clumsy system that didn't cover the needs we had and two, the customer service we were provided when we did first started using Realtrac was phenomenal. If we had an issue an email or phone call was always answered quickly.

JAY from BANYAN GLOBAL TECHNOLOGIES LLC

Industry: Defense & Space

Good at Big Picture, Some Shortcomings and Missing Features

Overall it does what we need it to do by tracking jobs through the shop, but the costing being "broken" for our use makes it a purchase I may not make again if I had to do over.

Pros

It's user friendly for ShopFloor logging in and out of jobs and recording time. Timeclock is easy for HR, and tracking down where a job is in the manufacturing process from a remote location is easy as well.

Cons

My primary beef with RealTrac is that there is no feature (or wasn't a few versions ago) that allows me to SPLIT AN OPERATOR'S TIME when they are logged into two jobs. If an operator is running two machines, or three, or four, all at once there should be an option (if not a REQUIREMENT) that their loaded labor cost and hours are divided amongst the machines they're concurrently logged into. In my company, one operator ALWAYS runs more than one machine in a bank, so not having their time split makes all my costing metrics utterly useless until I manually go into the work sessions to interrogate the data. This is nearly a deal-breaker making me consider another software. (Customer Service / Tech Support informed me this was intentional so that when looking at historical jobs you never under-bid a job). If this is incorrect, someone please call me ASAP! The "Quality" feature is a horribly conceived module, slapped together as an afterthought, and the default reporting within there is awful, has poor formatting, and doesn't integrate well at all with the rest of the system. There hasn't been an update on this module in forever, but new PAID features (RightBoard) are being added and updated all the time.

Reasons for Choosing Realtrac

Time to get the solution in place and functional, and the local sales/tech support.

Realtrac review experience

Using Realtrac is not my first ERP experience. I found moving into Realtrac to NOT be very intuitive.

Pros

The Load Charts are easy to use and helpful. Drag and drop of drawings and other documentation is easy and helpful.

Cons

Materials and inventory management is difficult to manage. It should be possible to assign multiple units of measure to a part. Often we buy in one UOM and then use or sell using a different UOM. MRP should be able to give you a list of what is needed by vendor. One should be able to purchase from MRP. When doing an estimate, we should be able to do a Complex Estimate. Report screen should only show the reports one can print, not a bunch of reports one can't print.

Daniel from Universal Machining & Sheet Metal

First ERP experience

Pros

The software seems very comprehensive and is always improving. RealTrac queries customers and listens to suggestions and incorporates them as demand warrants. It is a statement to their dedication to customer satisfaction. The parts of the software I have used is very well done.

Cons

It seems they "manually" configure the window instead of letting Windows do it. As a result, the minimize/maximize/close buttons have duplicates in the middle of the window and when I maximize the window, I loose a little, because it doesn't recognize the I have my task bar on the right. Also, the report generator could be a little more user friendly. I am pretty computer literate/power user and I have not really been able to figure it out, or get deep enough to find out that its' easy, which is a testament to the difficulty .

Response from Mindbridge Systems

Replied November 2018

Hi Daniel, Thank you very much for your review. We strive to provide excellent customer service and we rely on our customers ideas and suggestions to drive our developments. We are happy that you have experienced our customer-centered approach. In regards to your reference to the configuration of windows, our technical team will be reaching out to you shortly as this has changed in a more recent release. Thank you, Jeremy Klosowski

Shane from Crux Manufacturing

Industry: Semiconductors

Realtrac ERP being used in a CNC machine job shop environment.

Realtrac has been a great resource for quickly estimating upcoming projects and large scale bids on a variety of machines, work types and work stations. We offer many post-production processes at our facility that include a combination of some or all of the following: cleaning equipment, manual equipment, manual labor, ongoing consumable items and a variety of packaging materials and clean room supplies. The ability to affix real known costs to all of these things for any specific job has helped ensure that we are quoting our cost very accurately and not unexpectedly raisin our customer's pricing on subsequent orders.

Pros

Work step customization. Attaching files to jobs or part numbers.

Cons

1) Time card time display is inaccurate and not fixable, therefore not being utilized. 2) For estimating Bill or BOM items, there is no way to uniquely identify per unit cost based on associated quantity discounts from suppliers. 3) Overall look and feel of the software and reporting sheets feel antiquated, like it was developed in the late 90's.

Shane from Crux Manufacturing

Industry: Semiconductors

Realtrac use in a machine shop and fabrication environment.

The main benefit that we have seen from this software is the ability to understand and verify our profit margins on each job, while also holding our shop employees to performance standards throughout each work day.

Pros

Looking up old and current estimates and jobs is very easy. There are numerous search fields that allow you to search by description, part #, drawing #, customer name and customer PO #. You can also look up jobs and estimates within a given date range. I also like the different reporting functions, including labor cost breakdowns per job, as well as being able to lookup and report on individual employee performance within any given date/time range.

Cons

The GUI is somewhat dated aesthetically. Making changes to templates could be made easier to do. When populating and defining router steps on an estimate, the order of operations sometimes get switched around unintentionally, and have to be fixed.

KEVIN from Austin Wallace

Industry: Furniture

Frustraded

Pros

have had program at least 5 years , support is decent. I am not a computer guy, and I find it easy to navigate

Cons

I have called in the past to complain, and I did get up the pole pretty far ,but they say they can't do anything. The program shuts itself down at the end of the day and starts up in the morning - beautiful . However it starts every Saturday and Sunday as well.adding to peoples hours who are not working, which in turn make trying to find the cost of manufacturing useless. the only thing the program is good for is to know where items are in the production process. The reason I originally purchase the program was to try and get the true cost to manufacture the parts - it can not be done on this program. - Also on the main list screen you should be able to see what employees are working on each project, without leaving the screen

Dave from PDC machines

Industry: Oil & Energy

review of Realtrac

Realtrac helped get our shop scheduling more accurate and organized. We can have work line up in our machines even if the job has other operations to be performed prior. With the color coding we know what is available for machining and what is not. Pictures of the parts help quickly find them at a glance.

Pros

I like the combination with Right Board. Visual aide is nice.

Cons

I would like to have more flexibility with the time estimates. More concerned that an operator makes overall time on his operation.(Run plus set up) If they go over on their set up time the screen goes red and I believe it stays red for the rest of the job. If I'm wrong on this please let me know.

Jacob from JD Ellen MFG

JD Ellen Mfg Feedback

We have grown with Realtrac over the last 8 years. We have appreciated the improvements made. We would enjoy it if we could have it programmed to fit our product flow.

Pros

Organized filtering for job tracking. Purchasing and RFQs. Estimates are nice.

Cons

Scheduling can be a challenge for us. I believe that has to do with how training is provided.

None

Kylan from Hastreiter Industries

Great System, Everything We Needed Without the Crazy Complexity

We are very pleased. They've got a great system and fantastic to work with.

Pros

1. Easily track the amount of time spent and cost of individual jobs. People out on the shop floor don't mind clocking in and out of operations because it's so quick and easy. 2. It is everything we needed without the unnecessary complexity. Finding that balance between functionality and complexity is hard and RealTrac nailed it. 3. Developers are very responsive to feature requests or the rare glitch. Great people to work with. They're very active in bringing useful updates. 4. It's a network license, you can put RealTrac on as many computers as you want. Plus logging in past your number of licenses still gives you up to 10 minutes, thus nobody gets automatically booted. Some network licenses (from other companies) won't even let you log on which means you have to go find who left the program up on a random computer. RealTrac's gives you grace, which is great. 5. Training is not pay by the hour, it's basically unlimited, plus we are easily able to do remotely; both of which saves thousands of dollars.

Cons

1. Lacks a central analytics center for mining all the data we create (different sections of the ERP can create reports). However, as I write this I know they are releasing a new reporting platform to hopefully address this.

Sam from Imperium Tool & Instrument, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

REALTRAC for small lot production in a small shop

We have used REALTRAC for several years managing production and inventory of repeat items in our business. The software performs well and for the price, the functionality, support, and responsiveness of the REALTRAC team is unbeatable. There is something of a learning curve to the software, but with disciplined use, we have found it to be very flexible and effective at capturing at and managing the data we need without imposing an unnecessary waste of effort or time.

Pros

Low cost, high functionality, responsive customer support!

Kelsey from Aurora Machine

Realtrac Review

Overall, it provides us with information that we need to run our company successfully.

Pros

I like that this software has easy search functions, is user friendly, stores a variety of information, and has multiple report functions.

Cons

The reports are horrible. Any report you run in excel has these merge functions which doesn't allow you to transfer information to another excel sheet. I always have to copy and paste one line at a time. I have requested for Realtrac to improve these report but I have not seen anything updated.

Mike from Eva-Lution

Money well spent

RealTrac fit our company at the perfect time! We were a smaller company that never had a job shop ERP system and RealTrac made this very easy to implement and allow us to grow. It is the perfect software to get started and grow your company!

Pros

Ease of use is the biggest item but there are many more. I hardly picked up the manual to learn this software!

Cons

I wish it was date sensitive for Inventory Reporting and other "what if" scenarios. But this isn't critical.

bill from advanced designs

realtrac ERP

Pros

We have used this software since 2005. The new owners and all the improvements of the software have made it one of the best investments we have made. It has enabled us to more easily attain our ISO certifications, and improve our performance for our customers.

Cons

We would like a better reports software. One that can access more fields across the different modules. And possibly output different data formats.

Mary from Aquacut, Inc.

RealTrac is on the Real Track

In general a good product.

Pros

Mostly the software is easy to use and gives us all the job costing and production information we need. Its ability to export to QuickBooks is great.

Cons

Designing reports can be cumbersome, especially since this is not an everyday task for us.

Steven from Northern Precision Inc.

Northern Precision - Realtrac for Twenty Years!

We have been using Realtrac for approximately 20 years and it has continuously improved in its applications, efficiency and overall quality. Realtrac is a large factor in our success over the years and has helped make us the company we are today! Look forward to Realtrac for years to come.

Pros

The range of uses, reports and also the fact that it is tracked in "real" time and is current every five seconds.

Cons

The ability to design and generate custom reports. Some data is not available in all reports.

Art from American Aircraft Parts Mfg.

Realtrac Review

Great for the price but feels a little "not ready for prime time" due to some inconsistencies between screens and modules. For example, some time is reported in minutes and seconds and on another screen or report the time is in tenths of a minute.

Pros

Price. Support. Catching data in real time so errors can be corrected while the operator still remembers the job.

Cons

Inflexibility for some items. Reporting for example.

Easy Use Some features no one else has

Excellent quoting and shop floor management. All part documents in one place.

Pros

Ease of Use, Document control. You are able to make prints and any other documents available like packaging instructions to the shop floow without confusion

Cons

Reporting needs to continue to improve. Some reports are clunky. Not easy to customize

Al from Total Concept Tool, Inc.

President

It keeps track where my jobs are and I haven't used it yet in it fullest capacity.

Pros

Its a very powerful program. Realtrac also listens to their users and will update their software all the time for the better

Cons

That you need to purchase extra licenses for additional users.

Carlos from Brandt's Machine LLC

A lot better then using post-it's

Pros

it's easy environmental setup for Users to follow day to day operations and track cost for the product

Cons

starting to become over complex's , New and old customer have idea's for improvement of the software base on how there operations or business are control

I Highly Recommend Realtrac

Pros

- Able to take care of all aspects of the business in one place. Scheduling, ordering, and especially job tracking. - Has good flow from one area to another - Nice user interface - Rightboard is great to be able to show what we have and schedule - Great customer support

Cons

Bouncing between tabs can be cumbersome Would like to be able to delete quotes Forms can be difficult to customize

Marie Kris from SAMC

Ease to manage

Pros

Cons

I highly recommend to upgrade the interface but it can still good. Expensive but worth it in tracking.

Mandy from AURORA MACHINE

Good once you learn it

Pros

Has multiple functions if used correctly Are able to link information well

Cons

Has glitches/issues more frequently than preferred Takes quite a while to learn and understand all of the modules and how they connect

Raymond from Mega Precision LLC

A good value.

Pros

Quick to get up and running. Very good customer support. Exports to Quickbooks. Shop Floor is easy to use.

Cons

Reports are not flexible enough. Not all fields are available on all reports. No user fields.

Misti from Mean Machine

RealTrac = Awesome

Pros

User Friendly, Exports to QuickBooks, Exports to Excel, Can Upload your Logo, Customer Service!!!!!!

Cons

The software updates can be confusing at first sometimes, but customer service is good with helping.

Mike from Alliance Broach

Extremely cost effective

We have been a long time user and it extremely satisfying to make a suggestion and then see it incorporated in the next upgrade.

Pros

the ease of use

Cons

the financial reports do not function well

Jeff from A & B Machine & Welding

It gets the job done

Pros

This software makes it easy to keep track of time spent on jobs

Cons

The inventory feature doesn't integrate smoothly with Quickbooks

CHRISTI from Bluebonnet & Blackburn

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great System

Havent had an issue that I couldnt pick up the phone and call the Realtrac team and them not be able to help right away. Very pleased

Pros

Everything

Cons

No Cons

Lynn from DRI Machine & Fab, LLC

lynn's review

Pros

more features. faster to use.

Cons

had few issues with transferring my into to peachtree software

Mary May from Coca-Cola FEMSA Philippines

Good and Reliable Software to use

Pros

Cons

Some modules are difficult to get in. But other than that, there's none.

Debbie from Steve's Quality Machining Solutions

SQMS

Love the program and all the features.

Pros

Job costing and tracking the hours for each station really helps me keep track of what the employees are doing daily.

Cons

Setting it up all the stations and employees was time consuming but necessary.

Monte from U-Tek CNC Solutions LLC

Realtrac Was the Answer for Us

We are a small growing shop. We had purchased a different ERP software 1 year ago. We struggled to implement it. The estimating part of it was really clunky. We ended up relying on spreadsheets yet. Realtrac has been extremely easy to learn. It just makes sense. We went with the leasing option and like that we always get the most up to date version.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

You have to purchase additional modules for some functions

Good but needs improvements

Great support and friendly service

Pros

Easy to use and get set up for an ERP system

Cons

Reporting is less than desirable, I would like more in reporting and scheduling.

Dee from Precision Metal Manufacturing, LLC

Issue since day one...

Unfortunately, we have attempted to have our issue corrected, but it is still not resolved.

Pros

This system was very easy to set up and begin using.

Cons

To date, (8-1-19) we've had a functionality issue that has yet to be resolved. We installed the software in January, 2019.

Don from Performance Assembly Solutions

A MUST have for any size business!!

Our company after having Realtrac installed and about 3 weeks to get our employees accumulated to the process. we were able to pay for the system in one month! Wish we would have bought this system earlier! Real Time Monitoring Gets Real Time Results!!

Donna from Boman Technologies

Customer Support and Training Unparalleled

The experience has been very positive. As a small business we didn't have the personnel time to implement it as fast as we would have liked. The support and training was there with only 24hour notice which worked well with our busy and dynamic schdules.

Pros

I like the cost to value ratio. I was sold by the training support.

Cons

The interface and graphics are out-dated. It does not integrate with QB on-line. Both of which I can live with for the cost of the software.

Scott from Quantum Machining and Design

Needs improvement

We've been using realtrac for several months. It has helped us keep track of our work load and costs efficiently. I would like to see help buttons when there are issues with purchase order or invoices not posting. It would be nice if the software gave some explanations as to why something may not have posted/exported. It would also be very helpful if there were satellite training classes to address specific issues that customers may be having (instead of only running remote sessions).

Pros

Never used an ERP before. This software has helped us track our work load and cost. It has been a valuable tool.

Cons

Customer support needs improvement and software could use pop up help tips when things won't post/export/enter, to direct the user what needs to be fixed in order to process the function needed.

Autumn from IN-X Machine Inc

Does the job

The Realtrac software does what we need it to do. We can easily quote jobs, monitor the work and watch the costing. Overall very happy.

Pros

Realtrac is user friendly, and easy to set up. The attachments options help keep things clean and organized for easy access. This software makes it simple to correct mistakes.

Cons

The quality group is very basic and doesn't really add valve.

Racquel from AIH Manufacturing

Always looking for User Friendly options

Thomas Newvine is the only reason this program is receiving a positive rating at all. The kinks are being worked out, thank you. Still could use improvements on ease of use. Items from Purchase orders still not always post to the job, The estimate transition to the job, could use some serious time on making this a better feature.

Pros

When items on a purchase order post correctly to a job, that is a great.

Cons

Inventory is a huge pain, hard to always see if it is accurate. Estimate feature needs a lot of work.

Scott from SNX Precision, Inc.

SNX Precision Feedback

Running with minimal staff, machine uptimes are higher.

Pros

Ability to quote materials, and generate PO's from the quote has been a timesaver. the Rightboard is also a tool that helps to get jobs prepared which keeps the uptime on the machines high.

Cons

Inventory, cost accounting has not worked as well as I had hoped. The complex job has not worked for our business which when I purchased the software I thought it would be an advantage for what we were trying to achieve.

John from Dawson Knives, LLC

Industry: Sporting Goods

A great WIP software

We are a small manufacturing company and they have worked with us diligently and helped us get the program up and running. They listen to any suggestions to improve the program, plus the customer service is responsive and knowledgeable. It has been a great experience working with Realtrac and the support team!

Pros

Well thought out, great features and you can adapt it to your needs.

Cons

A couple of sorting features that need adding.

Jordean from Aurora Machine

Great features, but needs additional development

We would not be able to run our complex business without an ERP software package like Realtrac

Pros

Great value for an entry-level package...

Cons

The reporting is very poor. The Realtrac team struggles to respond to customization/improvement requests.

Stephen from Wellons, Inc.

Not so impressed

We bought a company that had this software. After many phone calls we finally got a handle on it. Not the best GUI not the best functionality. Rigid in my opinion. Setup not straight forward. Only good part is the shop screen.

Pros

Shop Screen. Only easy thing to use

Cons

Inventory system lacks a lot. Job set up is confusing. System setup for employees, workcenters, workstations is a nightmare. The worst is the reporting, little to no customization.

Keith from Aluma-Tech Inc.

Forever Software

In my new position I am back using Realtrac software again. But I have used Realtrac since 1992 at just continues to get better and better. The software is so user friendly that anyone can learn very quickly. It has always been great for managing small to large businesses, being able to manage people, work centers, inventory, financials, truly amazing. I moved half way across the country and here I am again with Realtrac, it made my transition into my new job very easy. It is well worth the money spent and the customer service is great. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a manufacturing business solution.

Blake from Saber Industries

Small Company review

The hardest part of choosing a ERP software is adapting your already established nomenclature, planning and processing methods to the software. While no software can completely adapt to the way a company runs, this one comes close. Where you are forced to change to fit the system, the staff is every ready to help guide the stake holders through the process.

Pros

As of yet it has not been able to run properly. I have not had a lot of "Pros".

Cons

I have to change some of my company nomenclature to conform with the software. There are several steps to enter a PO, plan, allocate materials, and release. These are not intuitive and don't necessarily run in a easy flowing order. The spreadsheet columns will not expand to show all the information within.

April 2013

Helen from J & L Turning, Inc

April 2013

J & L Turning, Inc has had Realtrac software in our plant for approximately 20 years. We are a manufacturing company that manufactures custom designed tools, therefore every job is different. Keeping track and researching jobs was a nightmare. We found Realtrac extremely user friendly and adaptable to anything you want to monitor on your plant floor, plus it intergrates with our accounting software. If you run into a problem, help is always there when you need it. I certainly would recommend Realtrac to all businesses that want to monitor their production, inventory, costs, sales all of it. Easy to use, easy to learn - a winner.

March 2013

Jeff from Talsco

March 2013

Talsco has been using Realtrac for the past five years. The software is very easy to use and to learn. We currently utilize all modules available and are more than satisfied with the software. We manufacture 100's of different part numbers and without Realtrac it would be a nightmare tracking all of those jobs. Customer service is excellent! If we have a question regarding the software it is extremely easy and quick to get an answer. I would recommend Realtrac to all shops and businesses looking for a functional and easy to use MRP system.

Alan from Numericraft, Inc.

Great tracking software with plenty of capability.

This software fulfills my needs for tracking and planning jobs. There is little difficulty in either of these processes. Customer support is excellent and willing to do what is necessary for their customers to have a good experience with the software. The software lacks a bit on intuitiveness in regards to the interface, but the training that the company provided was more than adequate to familiarize us with the software.

L. from Lyons Machine Tool Co., Inc.

Wonderful Product!

As an individual that is new to this software, I must tell you how easy it is to use. I am learning something new every day!

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Learning curve.