Browse SurveyMonkey Audience Reviews

Expensive, but totally worth it for professional purposes

Its great features and simple design make Survey Monkey the best option to build customized surveys with a professional look and feel. Ideal for consultancy business who need to customize studies for its clients.

Pros

Survey Monkey allows high levels of customization offering a really professional look and feel with great features. Also, its blog has very detailed information, very helpful for beginners and advanced users.

Cons

Could have facilities to pay the product by surveys, it would be useful for businesses which make studies less frequently.

Norman from Genentech

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Straightforward Feedback Application that has become the Default Standard in my Work

Pros

- Easy to create feedback forms and questionnaires - Easy to send distribute forms to clients for feedback. - Commonly used across different sectors of my company which make compatibility/retraining easier for cross-functional projects.

Cons

- Once a person submits their feedback form they cannot change their answers after the facts. It would be nice if users have a unique access code to allow them to update their feedback. - Better tabulation functionality to allow aggregating and analyzing the data gathered from the feedback forms.

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey Audience

SurveyMonkey was more commonly used by sister organizations so we switched for commonality.

Daren from SimplePractice

We got the data super fast but most of it is unusable

It was easy to use, fast to get results, we ended up getting more respondents than we paid for, but in the end, based on inadequate reliability scores and hard to believe data, it was unusable.

Pros

We tried Audience recently and were eager to see the reliability of the data. Unfortunately the panel appears to be comprised of people who have become professional survey takers. Perhaps we should have increased our sample (we only requested 250), but if I did and the data was still unusable, it would be a costly mistake, I tried to add weights, exclude outliers, etc. it didn’t help. I have experience working with panels & have never been so disappointed. I would recommend trying a lower cost alternative like amazon Turk.

Cons

The data, the fact that I asked age, and some of these didn’t align with the age variable supplied by SM.

Valerie from University of Nebraska

Great for Simple Surveys

Pros

I enjoy using Survey Monkey when I need to create and distribute a quick, simple survey. This product is easy to use for basic projects and I have found that, due to name recognition, people are apt to complete the survey.

Cons

While the basic functionality is great, it is very pricey to upgrade for enhanced features. There are comparable products that are much less expensive.

Reasons for Choosing SurveyMonkey Audience

Ease of access, ease of use, and name recognition.

Chris from Endor Learn & Develop

Professional Market Research Tool

Excellent. DIY market research for when you have to make more informed decisions but can't afford to wait around ages for the results

Pros

As a small business, we’ve used Survey Monkey Audience a number of times to undertake fast and effective market research in a relatively short period of time. The pay as you go service especially is useful for gaining feedback on new inventories and surveys before introducing them to our clients – kind of like beta testing our latest ideas, without the need for any long term commitment with a big market research agency.

Cons

We work mainly in corporate environments - particularly with HR professionals and quickly discovered that you have to make sure that the audience panel created is really representative of your target audience – both in terms of geography, demographics and sector – otherwise any results gathered become quite meaningless. We've also found that there are a few situations when using something like Google Forms would work just as well (small sample sizes)and wouldn't cost anything.

Sara from TIV branding

Great but Pricey

SurveyMonkey Audience has allowed my organization to reach a wider spread of survey participants. Instead of merely sending out a survey to people you already know (and if you are in a niche organization where there is a small group of core supporters this can lead to repetitive answers you already know), you can send the survey out to a wide audience, fenced in by gender, geography, income, or a variety of other more specific categories like time spent watching television or number of credit cards they have. That's pretty great! Be aware though, that with great data comes cost. If you are used to sending out a Google Form for free, be prepared that SurveyMonkey Audience will likely cost a few hundred bucks. Also, the longer the survey or the more specific your demographics, the more expensive it's going to be. Happy surveying!

Pros

I love the ability to survey a wide spread of respondents and the capability to choose a variety of demographics, such as education, job industry, marital status, etc. If you are creating a free survey (say, with Google Forms) and then advertising (say, on Facebook) there are less options to really distinguish your audience. The more data on the audience, the better the results!

Cons

The price. I know that sounds terrible, but with so many free options for software and applications online today, it does hurt to pay!

Wonderful resource that can be used independently

I have had a very positive experience with Survey Monkey Audience and expect to continue to use it and to tell others about it.

Pros

This software offers the fantastic ability to reach customers and learn without the expensive of an outside firm. Reaching our audiences has been relatively easy with the help of customer service.

Cons

I would like more education on how the audience works so that I can better design my audience. This might mean engaging more with customer service, which I haven't tried much. I would envision some additional explanations on the audience design page as well.

Tina from University of Puget Sound

Very user friendly

This is a great tool to gauge the thoughts and responses of your target audience.

Pros

The software is nicely designed and has a clean interface. It's very user friendly. I enjoy taking surveys with it.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software itself, but when you go to the website, it is a little misleading that the first page offers you all the paid plans, and only if you scroll down do you see that there is a tiny link to create a free account. It leads people to think that they must purchase a plan. I generally don't like misleading advertising.

Dawn from C D

Industry: Furniture

Effective and free - great combo!

We use is so share and print our daily tasks as well as gain customer feedback and even get employee goals.

Pros

Love the simplicity and ease of use. It’s also for great brand recognition so others are used to and comfortable using it. I like how easy it is to go back and change answers. You don’t have to scroll to and from pages where some people end up getting lost.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind! Overall, I enjoyed the switch from Google and wish I’d done it sooner.

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey Audience

Google was glitching, frustrating.

Erik from Tucows

Very useful for quick surveys

We needed to send out after-learning surveys asking how the course was, and asking for feedback. Others in the company were using Survey Monkey, so we used it as well. Eventually we moved to another product that was more integrated with some other software we were already using. That said, Survey Monkey did fit our needs when we used it.

Pros

Survey Monkey was super easy to build feedback surveys in. It had a fairly robust set of question types and features. Giving people a link for the survey was very easy.

Cons

Getting the results of surveys was less easy than creating the survey in the first place.

Eric from Reizwerk GmbH

SurveyMonkey - the smart way to gather information

Very, very pleasent!

Pros

The flexibility in what even the basic account is able to do is amazing. Additionally the Support isn't afraid to go out of their way of earning money and will tell you, if theres a solution for free (for example to duplicate an Survey instead of needing to upgrade the account to a more expensive version).

Cons

From the head of my mind I honestly can't tell. I guess sometimes its a bit laggy/slow, but maybe thats up to our bad connection.