Browse Accelevents Reviews

Sierra from Community Music School of Springfield

Industry: Performing Arts

Super affordable and effective for silent auctions.

Pros

The price is right! Easy to include images, easy to process payments, easy to edit and update. Overall user-friendly.

Cons

Their sales/customer reps are obnoxious! Originally, they offered me a coupon to join and then wouldn't let me use it. Now I keep getting emails from them even though I've unsubscribed.

Michele from Portage APL

Accelevents Saved our Auction!

Accelevents really did save our spring auction. When COVID hit and we had to cancel our live event, we knew our fundraising efforts were going to take a big hit. Then we found Accelevents and the staff helped us get our event online quickly and easily. Our virtual auction was a big success! Now we are using Accelevents again for our holiday auction. We are very happy with the platform and the fantastic customer support!

Pros

Very easy to use, fast and easy to learn, wonderful customer service, very knowledgeable staff that answered all my questions quickly, and a great price.

Cons

Would love a bit more customization options for how the website looks and feels. It would be nice to be able to add a short paragraph of verbiage at the top of the auction and fund a need pages. In addition, we would like to be able to reorder the "tabs" so the About tab was first, then the bid on auction items tab, and then the fund a need tab. In other words, we wanted to be able to say a little bit about our organization on the first page that people see rather than having the auction items be the first thing they see.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

Accelevents was a more cost-effective choice for our small non-profit and had all the functionality that we needed for our virtual event.

Robyn from Eastgate PTA

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Was at the event but had to use my phone which was weird and asked me to confirm all the information

People bidding from home who selected buy it now pricing

Pros

Ability for non attendees to bid There are no other pros, and even non attendees had trouble. There are no other pros. I would advise our group to use another mobile bid service, or have proxy bidding for those that cant attend

Cons

Didn't close, confusing, redundant info asked for. I was never outbid for any thing because people weren't bidding from home

Response from Accelevents

Replied May 2018

Hi Robyn - Thanks for your constructive feedback. While it is a new format to get used to, we have found that our clients actually love the element of bidding with their phone via text message. Our system allows for anyone to bid, even those who are unable to attend the event. For those who have trouble with the system, we offer a staff feature so that a staff member can bid on behalf of an event guests. I hope this help!

Vanine from Cascade People & Business

Great Interactive online event platform

Overall we had a great event and got a lot of positive feedback from the participants.

Pros

1. The customer service was great: any time we had a question, a problem, or a bug, we got a quick response from the team and an immediate solution. Guys, you rock! Thanks a lot. 2. The pricing is pretty well calculated - the per participant per day payment makes it much easier for us to calculate our cost per participant and makes smaller online events possible and affordable.

Cons

1. The constant updates that are happening in the backstage - some features were coming and going and after some updates the platform was not functioning well. Which was frustrating, but the supportive team was always there to help out. 2. The platform does not have a mobile or PC app.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

Because of the features, pricing, and quick response from the team

Response from Accelevents

Replied September 2020

Hi Vanine, we are happy to hear that you had a great event! We have since added release notes for all updates to the studio and throughout the platform! I hope this helps in the future. We look forward to working with you again.

Emily from Carolina Senior Marketing

GREAT option for a first time virtual event

As a first timer running a totally virtual event, Accelevents was perfect and very affordable for what we needed to do. I loved that you can use either pre-recorded or live videos, and the integrations are very helpful. I would absolutely use this for future events, even if we have a hybrid (in-person and virtual) event in the future.

Pros

The amount of features was perfect for what we needed and the support was extremely responsive and helpful! Our attendees (mostly seniors) had very few issues navigating (with some help from us), and the issues they had were mostly user error with just a couple kinks from the platform itself.

Cons

It seems like the platform is still working out some kinks, as if it is newish. There are a few features I wish worked differently, and there were a few features that I were surprised I couldn't enable, like not allowing one email address to register more than once.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

Their platform had a nicer, sleeker design that seemed easier to use.

Abby from Spread Truth Ministries

Happy User

In my research to find the right tool, this was the best looking and best priced option. After use, I am still very happy! Seems like a little more development could happen to add features, but honestly I'll be using this product again next year for our auction event either way!

Pros

I loved the clean look of the site. Also, the response time for the chat feature & fixing issues was very very good. The ability to load multiple pictures & have a designated sponsor section.

Cons

Reporting features could use some beefing up. Plus a few more glitches than I'd prefer, but those were always fixed quickly - just frustrating in the moment.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

Overall look, ability to have multiple pictures & price mainly.

Response from Accelevents

Replied December 2020

Hi Abby, we are releasing a bunch of new reporting features and deeper analytics over the next two weeks. Stay tuned!!

Tim from ASCE

Go to for Virtual Raffles

Very great experience, if COVID keeps up, we will continue to use this site. We may even use it to supplement other raffles or silent auctions when everything does get back to normal to allow us to reach a greater audience.

Pros

Its very easy to setup and get sponsors listed online. Super easy to use and setup a nice site. It got a lot of people asking me what website I used for their own events, and the pricing was by far the least expensive compared to so many other sites that tried to do half of what this site does.

Cons

They should allow the sponsor photos to not need to be a 2:1 ratio, caused some minor editing of photos by me. It would be nice to add a feature to see if everyone has placed their tickets and if not, remind them to enter them into prizes. It would also be nice to see how the end of the raffle works beforehand, to better answer participants questions about the results.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

Price and once you sign up on their websites, they have complicated fees that really ruin the raffle. Trying to setup payments using tips to the website like some other sites was great for the website to make loads of money, but would give people double tickets for giving tips to the website and throw off our numbers.

Response from Accelevents

Replied November 2020

Hi Tim, thanks for your feedback. I have shared this with the product team to add to their roadmap!

Alicia from Alicia Hansen Creative

Can't Wait to Use Accelevents Again!

While I've been planning events for more than 15 years, this was the first time I planned a virtual event, let alone a day long conference. We chose Accelevents and never looked back. The platform fulfilled all of our needs. The customer service was outstanding - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were top notch every step of the way. Thanks for helping to make our event a huge success!

Pros

We picked Accelevents for the video chat function as our event had a heavy emphasis on networking. It worked wonderfully for what we needed.

Cons

Having to set up Sponsors and Exhibitors separately - all of our Sponsors were Exhibitors as well, tho I understand the reasoning for this.

Cost, Video Chat, Customer Service

Response from Accelevents

Replied November 2020

Hi Alicia, thanks for sharing your feedback! We are happy to hear that we fulfilled everything that you were looking for. I'll share your kind words with the customer service team too!

Alexander from University of Redlands

Accelevents - University of Redlands

Extremely easy to deploy and manage. I don't work in events services/management but the self service model of this software makes it easy for anyone to setup and manage. Customer support has always been quick to respond to all my questions.

Pros

Quick response from Support team, easy of use in deployment and management.

Cons

Not much integration with other apps. Lacking in captioning support, unable to modify the gamification points

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

Cost, ease of use,and self service model

Nick from Management Connection

Auction Platform Is Awesome

The overall experience with Accelevents is phenomenal. Their pricing is straightforward. The platform is clean. The platform is very easy to use.

Pros

The pricing on this software provides incredible value. It is easy to use and understand. The system is very responsive. Bidding is simple for all bidders. Pricing is very straightforward.

Cons

Only negative is that on the backend there is no way to sort items alphabetically, by price, etc. To find an item, you have to search. Also, for the way the items list on the front-end, the drag and drop makes it easy to arrange them, but it takes a long time to manually sort items in this way. There is no simple way to sort the way items appear.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

The other platforms had hidden fees, took a percentage on auction items, were more difficult to setup, were more costly, etc.

Joel from OCAMPR

Great Customer Service and User friendly

One of the biggest selling points for us was that there was no monthly fee or yearly contract. Pricing is based on how much you use it and seems very reasonable. Great to be able to have everything in one place and give participants the opportunity to have out of session connection points.

Pros

Staff was very responsive from beginning to end. They would usually respond within a couple minutes to questions. The have a great banks of help tips and topics. Very adaptable to your conference needs, ease of administrating, great solid video and audio.

Cons

It is an adjustment for participants to shift form a zoom format to an interactive full round platform. Web based can limit zoom functions like breakout rooms (also limited in web based zoom).

Jennifer from The Catherine J. Malatesta Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Another successful online auction with Accelevents!

Pros

I have used the Accelevent platform to host online auctions for the past three years. We just wrapped up our 3rd online auction and the process couldn't be easier. I love how we can cut and paste auction items and descriptions from previous online auctions. This makes the set up of the new auction so smooth. All of the choices and features of settling the credit card payments are robust and straightforward. The bidder interface is intuitive and easy. We couldn't be happier. It is complex enough to solicit auction items, to set a bid price and to write the descriptions. To have the Accelvent platform so efficient to use with all of the necessary bells and whistles makes the overall experience from set up, to live auction to settlement is seamless and awesome! I love that Accelevents is constantly enhancing the site to accommodate all types of events. I love the new feature of accepting online donations. Also, the customer service is excellent. Someone is always available when I have a question! Thanks Accelevents for another successful event!

Cons

The only drawback is that I could not copy the photos from prior auctions.

Response from Accelevents

Replied February 2019

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the feedback! You actually can import the items AND images from a past auction into your new auction. This article will walk you through the process for your next event! https://support.accelevents.com/event-setup/item-import-from-past-event

Mark from Maumee Band Parents

Industry: Fund-Raising

Bringing our silent auctions to the next level

Absolutely fantastic. In the past we have never made over $900 on our silent auction portion of our reverse raffles ... with Accelevents, the past 2 years we have raised $2900 and $1900. So well worth the money.

Pros

I have now used this product for 2 silent auctions at our Band Parents Reverse Raffle. In the past, we would make under $1000 on our silent auctions and would have to deal with the vultures hovering around the tables. With the Accelevents silent auction, people are bidding constantly and I LOVE that my guests get a text message once they are outbid. No longer do they have to run over to the tables constantly to see if they are still the top bidder. They have it all in the palm of their hand. Also, as the primary organizer of the event for 2 years, as "go time" approaches, paranoia sets in and I start to second guess whether everything is set to go. This year I messaged them in the wee hours of the morning the night before the event and got an almost immediate response as well as getting some last minute questions answered just hours before the event started. I haven't had the chance to use the other portions of the product, but if they are anywhere near as good as the silent auction, I'm positive they won't disappoint! Thanks Accelevents!!!

Cons

Really have no cons to speak of. These peeps rock!

Staley from Fishers Island Community Center

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Our Accelevents online auction was great!

Great overall experience. We hit our fundraising goals in our one week auction and our bidders really liked the online and mobile Accelevents experience.

Pros

Our organization just completed an online auction as a fundraiser and we used Accelevents as our platform. Everything went very smoothly and the whole experience was a plus, plus, plus! One real benefit to Accelevents was their 24/7 online support. This was particularly helpful to me because I often worked imputing auction data at night, so any questions or small issues that surfaced after business hours could be easily addressed. The team at Accelevents was very responsive and helpful. Our bidders loved the auction site, the mobile capabilities, and found the checkout and payment process was a breeze. At the end of the auction Accelevents provided downloadable spreadsheets of the entire bidding process as well as the winning bidders and their payment details. Another win-win for us was the affordability of the Accelevents rate structure. A final benefit to using Accelevents is that we can keep our account information online so that we can use the platform over and over for future raffles, bidding or donation opportunities. I would highly recommend this service for any of your auction or online donation needs.

Cons

Sometimes when I was inputting text for an auction item the cursor popped back to the beginning of the paragraph. It was frustrating and slowed me down. However, when I reached out to the Accelevents team, they acknowledged the problem right away and confirmed they were working to fix it. This kind of a proactive response which takes ownership of the problem is very helpful, in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

24/7 support and attractive rates.

Response from Accelevents

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the feedback Staley! We are excited to hear that you had a positive experience! We are continuing to work to improve all aspects of the application and will use your feedback in that process!

Amy from Passages, Inc.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

I used to recommend Accelevents, but...

I started out a fan of this software. I used this in March of 2020 to do a silent auction for our nonprofit. The platform worked pretty well and seemed reasonably priced. One thing during that experience did rub me the wrong way. I was chatting with Accelevents' [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He made a rude scoff about how someone might not have an email address. I explained to him that we serve the elderly and disabled population and that many of them may not have an email address. It didn't feel right. Fast forward now (November, 2020). I started setting up my second auction. When I went to activate it, they had increased their pricing by 35% in just eight months! I can appreciate a rate hike, but this seemed extreme. Therefore, I asked customer service if they would work with me on the pricing since I have been a proponent. They straight out said no. I'm moving on to another platform. I miss the days when customer service mattered.

Pros

The software has a solid auction platform.

Cons

The customer service. No one without an email could participate.

Response from Accelevents

Replied December 2020

Hi Amy, our platform is an online auction platform. We require an email address for validation and tracking of bidders. As for the pricing increase, we had not increased pricing for 5 years and then honored our legacy pricing for 6 months after increasing it.

Joanne from The Country School

User-friendly, low-cost auction software

Overall experience has been great. Unlimited auction items with descriptions and images, easy online and text bidding, low cost, and all items, bidding history, and winners can be downloaded in a spreadsheet. Plus, Customer Service here can’t be beat.

Pros

Accelevents Auction Software is very easy to use and navigate. Our school has been using it for 4 years now. Unlimited number of items can be uploaded and there is an option to include multiple images of the item, indicate its value, number of units available, and whether it’s a Live item. If you have the same items from year to year, you can move them over from your previous events to the new event. Ticketing, Fund-A-Need, Raffle, and Text-To-Give modules are also available. You only pay for what you need. The customer service is here incredible---you ask a question in the chat and within a couple of minutes, you receive a response! No matter what time of day you ask (weekend, too)! The first year we used the software, we had a couple of glitches during the event, but I went on the chat and within minutes, it was all taken care of (and this at 9:30 at night). That’s what sold me to return.

Cons

There aren’t really any cons---except with the automatic save. You need to remember to refresh your page to make sure that changes you made were actually saved. Sometimes, it looks like it’s saved but isn’t. I think this happens more as your list of auction items grow.

Response from Accelevents

Replied May 2020

Hi Joanne, We are so happy to hear that you had a great experience! Looking forward to workign with you again soon! -Jon

Vicky from Cherry Hill High School East Music Boosters

Easy to use platform at an affordable price.

Besides the ease of use for the auction holder and bidders, there are a couple of additional benefits that you may not receive from another auction site. One of them being the CSR addresses any question or concern immediately. No matter what time or what day, any question you have will be instantly addressed. The other benefit is the cost. You will have an amazing auction site with a very affordable price tag. There are no hidden fees. You will know exactly what you will be paying to use the site.

Pros

The site is extremely user friendly without the need to be a technical genius. It is very clear how to set up your main page and then to add items, including names, photos, and descriptions as well as bidding information. The auction is also extremely user friendly for your bidders. People can simply bid from their phone or computer following an easy few step process. Bidders are also alerted immediately if they are outbid adding a competitive edge to the bidding. Because the auction is online, there is no limit on who it reaches. The site can be shared outside of your targeted group.

Cons

This was our second time using AccelEvents for our online auction. After our first auction, we made suggestions for areas that could be improved and all of those changes were implemented.

Response from Accelevents

Replied June 2019

Thanks Vikcy! We look forward to working with you again!

Erin from Welsh Social

Easy to use, easy to recommend

It was great - have used it on multiple projects.

Pros

I offer consulting and marketing to services to small nonprofits and local businesses in the Boone, NC area. With the COVID-19 pandemic forcing many fundraisers to go virtual, I have been hired to help a few organizations navigate through the challenge of transitioning to a digital event in a short amount of time. I recommended & used Accelevents for my first contract and have continued to recommend it to additional organizations. The ease of use on the back end and the absolutely simple and inviting user-interface has made this platform a large part of the success of these events, raising much-needed funds for our local nonprofits. The most recent virtual fundraiser I worked on raised DOUBLE the amount expected, in no small part due to the bidder's quick and easy access to viewing the items up for bid. I've seen other events where you have to jump through hoops to register (or enter a CC#) prior to viewing and the turnout has been poor because of it. Thanks, Accelevents!

Cons

I found the effort needed to reorder items up for bid a little slow and clunky. I also am interested in personalizing/adding to the receipt that is sent to bidders immediately after the auction (maybe I just didn't see it?). I would like to communicate post-auction instructions about item pick up, etc. along with their payment link, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

Although these sites are free, they don't have the perks of accelevent -- namely the SMS bidding feature -- which seemed very much worth the minimal cost of the platform.

Response from Accelevents

Replied November 2020

Hi Erin, thanks for the feedback! One other option when re-ordering items is right clicking to send the item to the top of bottom of the list.

Delia from Kennedy Heights Montessori

A-MA-FREAKING-ZING

the amazing immediate reply with in 30 seconds of asking any question

Pros

This software is so easy to use. JUST WHEN YOU THINK you need to have this software needs a function that doesn't exist you ask CUST SUPPORT in a panic how in the world you will possibly make it work they are 5 million steps ahead of you. Not only that but within 5 seconds they reply with a warm stress free reply that reassures you that your event that you spent countless hours on is going to be the most amazing and successful event that could have possibly existed for your cause. I AM NOT A TECH SAVY PERSON! BORN IN THE MILLENNIAL GENERATION I STUCK AT COMPUTERS! but they have made it beyond easy! My second year happy to plan this even thanks to these guys!

Cons

the only thing i don't like about this software program is that they don't have the outreach that other auction softwares have that they send out technical help for the actual event to make the event smooth as possible. Even though they are there to help at every second through the site i can only imagine the absolute craziness if the top notch service was right in front of you

Kelly from DeltaARTS

Excellent online auction platform!

We have used Accelevents for 3 events, actually encompassing 8 different online auctions. They have been great to work with and very quick to answer questions. We are a small nonprofit in a smaller market, so we appreciate their low cost, but feel their product is top shelf. Our (not tech savvy) patrons have found the platform easy to navigate, and love the addition of mobile bidding to our events. We recommend them to every who asks about our experience, and will continue to use them.

Pros

Cost , ease of use for bidders, ease of use for staff

Cons

I wish you could more easily change the order of items once uploaded (more like a number system, like a Netflix wish list), and I wish that we had the option of sending out blanket notices to our bidders ("Auction closes in 10 minutes, place your best bid now," or a thank you to all bidders after the fact).

Response from Accelevents

Replied September 2018

Hi Kelly! Thanks for the continued support. We love hearing from repeat auction organizers. We've add a feature that let's you right click on an item to send it to the top or bottom of the list. I think that will help you out at your next event. We will check out the netflix wishlist too. As for sending out blasts to your bidders, you can do that from our new Contact module. Send us a message while setting up your next auction and we will walk you through it!

Summer from The Corner Table Soup Kitchen

Great Mobile Silent Auction Platform & Quick Customer Service Responce

Pros

Faster and more efficient with the the mobile bidding app, Easy to showcase and present items with descriptive information allowing bidders to completely understand what exactly they were bidding on. Quick customer service when we had any question that needed answered, along with being understand and truly caring about help us find a solution, and not be over looked VERY AFFORDABLE!!

Cons

When in the Auction Table cannot organize items in alphabetical order, Bidder in the mobile app were getting confused when to put in there names and bid amount.

Response from Accelevents

Replied September 2018

Hi Summer, thanks for the feedback. We pride ourselves on having the fastest customer support and the most affordable solution on the mark so we love hearing that! As for the listing of auction items, you can actually drag and drop to change the order of items very easily! Send us a chat message while setting up your next event so that we can help you out with that!

Margaret from Hope's Promise

Industry: Fund-Raising

Perfect Product for Non Profit

We hosted an event and utilized Accelevents for ticketing and managing our silent auction. Ticketing was easy to set and we could customize per our specific needs. Silent Auction set-up, execution and checkout was the easy, straight forward and user friendly. Customer service and help options were phenomenal….it's old school customer service....hard to find these days. We will use Accelevents for ALL our future needs.

Pros

Super user friendly Excellent Customer Service Many 'a la carte' features for NP various needs (auction, ticketing, etc.) Only pay for what you need Very cost effective for our small NP with little money to spend Phenomenal customer service No app needed for auction bidding

Cons

Wish we could group text all guests at event via software

Response from Accelevents

Replied April 2019

Thanks, Margaret! We are happy to look into the option of offering a group text feature.

September 2016

Marile from Northborough Education Foundation

September 2016

The online/mobile auction solution I've been looking for!

I volunteer with a number of local non-profit organizations and often find myself working on silent auctions. For the past couple of years, I have looked into solutions for moving our auctions online, in order to increase visibility and participation. But most of the solutions would cost us the bulk of our fundraising. For small community organizations like PTOs, the giant platforms are just not a viable solution. Then, I found Accelevents. Exactly the type of solution that I was looking for, at exactly the right price. Set-up was easy and didn't require any huge investment in time or cost. I could build our auction at my own pace, as items became available. The user experience was equally as simple -- without requiring cumbersome account set-up from people who wanted to participate in the bidding. And the text-to-bid option was a huge bonus, making the bidding process simpler and more exciting. When people are busy enjoying themselves at a party, they don't want to be running around checking clipboards. With text notifications and bids, they didn't have to! The bidding came right to them! The integration with Stripe made the check-out process much simpler and faster for everyone involved. Our entire auction was closed out in under 24 hours, even when half the participants were not actually at the event. (That was a huge win too -- people did not have to be at our sold-out event to participate in the auction!) Finally, the support I receive along the way was exceptional. Questions were answered within hours -- and often within minutes. I would HIGHLY recommend Accelevents to anyone looking to bring their auction --of any size--online.

Aric from LifeSciences BC

Industry: Biotechnology

LifeSciences BC Investor Summit with Accelevents

Pros

The user interface, for the most part, was very quick to learn. A lot of the features were very intuitive, such as the way the Agenda works, how transitioning between Main Stage sessions happened, and how easy it was to network with other attendees. The ability to have statistical data on specific sessions with the Analysis tab was also very useful as it allowed us to make some on-the-fly decisions to try to maximize attendee engagement.

Cons

There are some features that are less intuitive than we would have liked, such as the lack of ability for the moderator of a session to mute other speakers, the strict pixel requirements for photos and logos, and how the Zoom integration didn't go as smoothly as we had hoped.

Response from Accelevents

Replied November 2020

Hi Aric, thanks for sharing your feedback! We are constantly working to enhance the platform and make it even more intuitive. As for Zoom, their web SDK is very limited and not fully supported by Zoom. We have shared this with them numerous time and hope that they will enhance it in the future. In the mean time, we suggest using our built in video tools! Thanks again, Jon!

Great prorgam!

The non-profit organization where I work has used AccelEvents for a variety of events and purposes, including silent auctions, drawings, and text-to-give for small and large events. The most absolutely consistent factor has been the customer service - they are awesome! They are always quick to reply and generally are able to help me find an easy solution. In terms of the program, it is easy to use and we have had interns and volunteers trained and using the program within minutes at our events. The look is clean and smooth, and the back-end interface is relatively intuitive and straight-forward. The cost is also perfect, especially for a small non-profit with a limited budget, as the low flat fee allows us to know our costs up-front and keep the majority of what we raise to put toward our mission. We've tried a few other programs but you cannot beat the value for this product.

Pros

Easy to use on both the front- and back-end; Low cost but great value; Fantastic customer service

Cons

Some limited options with customization and graphics

Response from Accelevents

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the feedback! We are working to expand the flexibility of the page designer!

Fran from Topic-Talk Walks

Successful collaborative fundraiser, because of an Excellent 24/7 Support Team!

Our collaborative fundraiser raised moneyfor each of 8 collaborators, with additional funds generated from offline purchases of paintings after the auction was over. In addition, this software helped each of our collaborators to build a better networking relationship with each other.

Pros

This was my first time coordinating an online Mobile Silent Art Auction collaborative fundraiser. Most of our collaborative confidence, in the possibility of a successful fundraiser, in spite of my inexperience, came from the incredible 24/7 excellent AccelEvents support team. The buyers bidding on the art especially liked the efficiency of being able to view and select their choice of paintings online. Even the buyers who took the time to come to the in-person art show on the first or last day of our 7-day online art auction, came with a list of their selections from the paintings they had seen online. We liked having the opportunity in our collaborative fundraiser, to introduce each collaborator, with logos, pictures, videos, and their website, as well as sharing more information about our collaborative theme of "Forests."

Cons

An animated tutorial, walking me through all the steps might have helped to both lower my awkward beginner's fear-level of being so inexperienced, and also more rapidly increased my ability level. This might have helped me to reduce the number of questions I asked the awesome AccelEvents team, even though their team would still be needed.

Joshua from The Brooks Joshua Anderson Foundation

Excellent Resource for you Fundraiser

Accelevent's has allowed our foundation to provide a hands-on experience to our silent auction supporters. Along with this, it enables us the ability to reach supporters who were unable to make the event, which has increased our funds raised exponentially.

Pros

This software is incredibly fool-proof and is accessible via multiple devices which makes adding late arriving items a breeze.

Cons

We have had issues in regards to the ease of operation of our guests and difficulties signing in and staying signed in. This does not fall squarely on the shoulders of Accelevents as I am sure that much of it was operator error. If this service came in the form of an easy to use phone apps, it would be hands down the best product on the market!

Response from Accelevents

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the feedback! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience and look forward to working with you again!

Karlie from Cancer Pucks

Great for non-profits surviving COVID

I cannot thank you enough for saving our event. This charity means everything to me and you made it all possible.

Pros

My non-profit lives off the donations generated by a in-person hockey tournament. When COVID hit, we scrambled to find a program that could centralize virtual activities to raise money instead. With about $2,500 to our organization's name, we were so disheartened to find that most virtual event hosting platforms were thousands and THOUSANDS of dollars UPFRONT. It has been difficult to project our attendance, so it was scary to think of investing almost all of our money with no guarantee of return. Accelevents has a post-event cost structure where your event cost fluctuates on the number of people that came. With no upfront costs, this is perfect for a non-profit that cannot afford to upfront $ with no guaranteed return. This platform had the perfect cost structure with plenty of features that the competitors offered that we were looking for - individual sessions, a main landing page and plenty of opportunities for sponsors.

Cons

Developing the backend was a little confusing BUT the customer service as been so outstanding that whenever I was stuck I would just message the help chat and they immediately reached out and gave me clear directions on what to do

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

See my notes on your cost structure in "Pros" response

Laura from Illinois ASBO

Makes bidding easy!

Very good, easy to chat with an associate for assistance at any given time. I would definitely use this product again!

Pros

It was easy to set up and upload all of our auction items. Once everything is in the system it is easy to make any changes or add things. The look of the website for the end-user is very nice! Everything is pretty customizable to fit your needs and the parameters of your auction. Plus taking care of the items after the auction closes is so easy! It automatically sends a link to individual who had the highest bid to finalize their payment and then that information automatically updates in the log. Then you can add notes if need be or manually alter information. Very quick and easy!

Cons

I wish there was an actual app to download. We had an event where people where having a hard time getting the URL to work, sometimes it would take refreshing the page 4-5 times to actually get to the site. It would have been nice if there was an app they could download and then just search for our event.

Response from Accelevents

Replied October 2019

Hi Laura, thanks for the feedback! We are excited to hear that your event was a success. The reason that we do not currently offer a mobile app is that we feel that people already have too many apps and do not want to download another app for just one night of bidding. We do have some tips on how people can easily access the auction site - http://support.accelevents.com/en/articles/3210709-how-will-my-guests-know-how-to-bid We look forward to working with you again soon!

Jahnavi from University Hill Elementary School (Boulder) PTA

Perfect for Small/Mid Size Auction

We are an elementary school PTA that has a silent auction with 100 items once a year. Accelevents was perfect for us! The 1st time I used it was the 1st time we put the auction online--raising 33% more funds than in previous "bid on paper" years. Thank you for making our auction a big success!

Pros

This software is so easy to use--very intuitive, not too many features, but it has the right ones. Customer support is great--in chat or email with quick simple responses! Low cost--we raised $8000 and were able to keep most of it last year. Integration for payment was awesome!

Cons

We have multiple items in our auction that are the same (parking spots)--would be nice to list it on time and give the 3 spots to the 3 highest bidders. Small feature that's definitely not critical -- but a nice add on.

Response from Accelevents

Replied February 2019

Hi Jahnavi, Thanks for the feedback! We're excited to hear that your event was such a success. We actually have a feature which allows for multiple winners per item! This will be perfect for your next event. Check out this link with instructions on how to use it. https://support.accelevents.com/tips-and-tricks/assigning-multiple-winners-for-your-silent-auction-items Best, Jon

Heather from Wyoming Elementary School PTO

Wonderful platform to make execution of your event easier.

We have used Accelevents for our past two PTO Silent Auctions. Whenever we had a question, customer service responded to us very quickly with answers that solved our problems. It was very affordable and easy to use from the beginning. The information stored from the first year, made planning and executing the event the next year even easier!

Pros

It was very easy for multiple users to input and organize the information. The Dashboard provides a complete snapshot of where you are with planning the event. It has straightforward step by step instructions throughout the planning process and during the event itself.

Cons

I would like to see them add a function where you can send messages to the users during the event to remind them to update their bids, etc.

Janis from Friends of Cambridge Rindge and Latin School

Customer Support Makes Accelevents a Standout

We used Accelevents to create our Spring Bash webpage, which included an online auction. Accelevents is pretty easy to use, but it does have some confusing parts. Customer support makes Accelevents a standout. Whenever I had a question or problem, I could type it to CSR get an answer within a few minutes.

Pros

Whenever I had a question or problem, I could type it to CSR and get an answer within a few minutes. I was able to make a nice looking event webpage. The cost was extremely reasonable. Accelevents is located in the Greater Boston area.

Cons

We had early bird ticket prices and later ticket prices, and I put the dates in, but it didn't switch over automatically; there was something I was supposed to do manually and didn't realize it. There were sample online auction items that never went away; only the users, not the visitors, could see them, but they were confusing and annoying. The limit to the number of contacts was too low.

Response from Accelevents

Replied April 2019

Hi Janis, thanks for the feedback! I just took a look at your account. It looks like you originally set both tiers of tickets to end at the same time which is why it didn't automatically switch over. The sample auction items and bids can be removed by clicking the trash can item on the add items page. As for the limit on the number of contacts, that is a default limit which we can increase for you . Just send us a note and we will increase it! For your next event we would be happy to look everything over to ensure that the settings are the way you want them to be! Thanks again!

Kellie from Lourdes Hospital

Accelevents keeps improving to help your project improve!

Pros

We used this software last year for a car raffle and were very anxious about the project and the software. However, the Accelevent team walked us though all the steps in a timely manner and software was very easy to navigate. This year they added an app that has made offsite sales easy. They also added more staff to assist with questions and an automatic email with the question and answer so it can be referenced again. Just yesterday they updated the tool bar to work better....always improving!

Cons

Graphic manipulations in the website building.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

Accelevents offered a great price and support for the project size.

Response from Accelevents

Replied February 2020

Thanks Kellie! We are continuing to work on enhancing the image manipulation and page building functionality. Stay tuned for some huge new features with the page builder this year!

Rachel from Cho-Yeh Camp and Conference Center, Inc.

Camp Cho-Yeh Online Auction Review

My favorite thing about AccelEvents is their customer service!! If I live chatted I knew I would get a response within 2-3 minutes.

Pros

I particulary liked it being an online platform which allowed me to work from anywhere and any computer.

Cons

There was some weird glitch while entering item descriptions that it would let me type a few letters and then refresh and what I had typed wasn't there anymore. We had the same the glitch the previous year. Customer service told me to hit the refresh button which did seem to work a bit before it would glitch again, in which case I would just hit refresh again. I didn't make entering the infomation difficult it just prolonged the process.

Mallorie from Associate Alumnae of Douglass College

Customer Service Lacking

I called to speak to someone to get more information and he kept pushing me off, telling me to go to the website, and how they are too busy to take on an event of my size. Customer service was totally lacking. As someone who works in a client-facing role, I would probably be out of a job if I told one of my potential clients that we're too busy to help. This was a lost opportunity for a long-term relationship simply because they don't know how to make the client feel like their needs are important. In this day and age, customer service is everything. Accelevents needs to work on their approach if they want to gain and retain business.

Pros

Their features really stood out to me while doing research to find an event platform service to use for our alumnae association's online events.

Cons

I did not get as far as testing the software due to the poor service I received.

Response from Accelevents

Replied June 2020

I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you read our other comments, you can see that customer service is our number one priority. That is why we were so clear with you from the beginning that your event (of 15 people which was really just a zoom call) was not a good fit for our platform. In an effort to provide the highest level of service to all of our clients, we are clear from the beginning on whether or not we are a good fit for your needs.

Jason from Educate Maine

Great software for conference event

We had a positive experience with the platform.

Pros

I really liked how easy it is to add speakers and sessions. The customer service is very strong.

Cons

It is challenging to prep the speakers prior to the event since we have so many of them.

It was very inexpensive.

Response from Accelevents

Replied September 2020

Thanks Jason! We look forward to working with you again. We offer a weekly webinar for speakers on best practices. It may be helpful to share that with your speakers for your next event.

Kelly from Seabreeze Class of 1984 Reunion

Great Software for our Needs

I have had nothing but great experiences with Accelevents. I logged on one night around 10 PM and was having problems changing something. I chatted through the on line help and they continued to try to help me resolve my issue. ( I am sure it was more user error than software). The gentleman I was working with told me he would personally adjust what I was trying to do by the next evening. Sure enough the next day my changes were made.

Pros

I like that it’s easy to use and keeps all of the details for our reunion in one place. In years past, we had to keep a spreadsheet of number of ticket sales, guests names etc. now everything is right there in one place. No checks to cash. Money transferred right to our account. This is saving us hours of work.

Cons

Not so thrilled with the initial look of the main page when our purchasers log on

Response from Accelevents

Replied April 2019

Thanks, Kelly! We would love to hear more about your thoughts on the design of the main page when your buyers log in. If you are up for it, send us an email at info@accelevents.com!

Whitney from St. Joseph Institute for the Deaf

Accelevents Review

Was okay, but will probably not use again

Pros

If you are looking for a simple website to host a small silent auction that doesn't cost very much, I think this is a good website.

Cons

It is very basic. We picked it because it was the cheapest option for our fundraiser. If we had more bidders and auction items, I think this website wouldn't have worked. Basic software.

Response from Accelevents

Replied August 2019

Hi Whitney, thank you for your feedback! We are disappointed to hear that you did not feel like we had all the features that you need. We are constantly working to enhance our offering and add new features while also keeping the platform simple and easy to use. We also work with auctions from 1 item and 5 bidders up to auctions of 1,000+ bidders and 300+ items. We have more features that we keep tucked away so if you ever need a hand finding a feature or have a question just let us know and our 24/7 support will help you out.

October 2015

Pooja from Altera Corporation

October 2015

Awesome Team! Great work!

We used both Auction and Raffle feature of Accelevents for Altera's Annual Fundraiser Golf Tournament. Jonathan and Zach have been very supportive and very prompt in answering our question. We really appreciate extended support during and after the event. Website is very easy to use. Mobile bidding is the way to go in this era of technology. Texting feature was the most helpful and hassle free way of bidding on your favorite item or submitting the raffle ticket. It saved us a lot of trouble of signing up the participant for an account, before they can bid. Accelevents have made this process very easy. However, it would have been nice to be able to bid online too, since few participants accidently gave submitted their office number, instead of mobile number. There were few glitches but the team was very fast in addressing them and finding a workaround very quickly. The team is always thinking ahead of demands from the customers! Which is very impressive! It would be nice to see what they have more to offer in future revisions of their product. I would recommend using Accelevents for your next auction/raffle events.

Response from Accelevents

Replied January 2016

Hey Pooja, Thanks for the review. We now offer silent auction bidding and raffle ticket purchase and submission online in addition to the text message bidding you used. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Best, Accelevents

Kent from Marshall School PTA

Great platform to support our fundraising event

We increased our fundraising by approximately 20% year over year.

Pros

The Accel Events platform was exactly what we needed to support out 2 school fundraiser. We were able to have all of the functionality we wanted and the cost can't be beat. Also, the customer support was outstanding. We work with a number of vendors and haven't had such prompt response from support in terms of time to an answer from any ther vendor.

Cons

The only cons that we experiences were not having all of the reporting bells and whistles available to us online. All of our data was easy to download and get to the info, but it would have been nice to have some more flexible reporting. That said, this was not a huge deal and only a want not as much a need.

Pam from Southwestern Watercolor Society

Incredible Experience

Before this year, our organization has had an annual fundraiser to support our annual membership exhibition, and were unable to have it this year due to the pandemic. Our experience with Accelevents.com was so much easier, provided the opportunity to extend the duration of our fundraiser, exceeded our financial goal, and provided such a fun experience for all of our donors that we have decided to always go forward with Accelevents.com in lieu of the events we used to host.

Pros

Turnkey process Data import Online dashboard and reporting Efficient and effective customer service Intuitive usage of the auction and raffle sites Integration with Stripe for processing credit cards Immediate collection of raffle ticket sales Effective checkout process on auction

Cons

The preliminary promotional online meeting went very quickly, and we missed a few details that were not obvious to us. Fortunately, the team supporting Accelevents.com were very responsive to online questions, and all of our questions were resolved with full satisfaction. We would like to see an enhancement to allow the ability to provide raffle items with a pre-defined number of winners greater than 1. -

Credibility of users Speed of setup Visual appeal of website

Response from Accelevents

Replied June 2020

Thank you Pam! We are excited to hear that you had a greate experience!

Adam from Hope Marietta Foundation

Undisputed: The Best!

Pros

We put on an annual black tie for over 300 guests. About five years ago we decided to go mobile with our silent auction and researched every provider available. Accelevents was hands down the most competitively priced but after our first year, it was clear to us that more importantly, their platform is the best out there! We’ve been using Accelevents loyally since day one, and couldn’t be happier with the service, pricing, and most importantly the product, which our guests also love!

Cons

We are completely satisfied with the product.

Renee from The Geneva School of Manhattan

Surprised by Expert Service

Pros

Accelevents offered our small nonprofit the opportunity to finally convert to an online auction platform without damaging the bottom line. Moreover, their expert customer service was unparalleled! Always available by chat, email, or phone call, the Accelevents team of professionals shepherded our event from beginning to end with their excellent service, constant availability, and accurate explanations. They even went out of their way to have their designers add a feature I requested. Thank you, Accelevents, for bearing with our first attempt at online bidding!

Cons

There were some checkout features that we could have perfected, perhaps, before the event but most certainly could only be resolved through having experienced them firsthand.

Response from Accelevents

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the feedback Renee! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

JENNIFER from Illinois Association of School Business Officials

Fantastic!

This was the first time I had ever set up mobile bidding and I was anxious! Accelevents was everything I could have hoped for. It was easy for staff to use, easy for our bidders, the website created for us looked great, customer service was fast and friendly (and patient - lol), and it was inexpensive. Seriously - very impressive.

Pros

One phrase comes to mind - ease of use. My silent auction was easy to set up, easy to customize, and it was easy for our users to navigate/bid. Seriously - they thought of everything!

Cons

The only difficulty I had was in customizing emails to be sent directly from Accelevents. It was uncharacteristically complicated and difficult compared to everything else within Accelevents. I eventually gave up and sent emails through another platform. I would consider this a tiny problem in an otherwise fantastic platform.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

Low price and ease of use (for staff and bidders) comments from other reviewers. I am busy and don't have time to mess around learning a complicated bidding platform, and I didn't want my bidders getting frustrated.

Response from Accelevents

Replied September 2019

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the feedback! We are excited to hear that you had such as positive experience. Regarding the email sending tool, we are actually in the process of rebuilding that entire tool!

Jackie from The Phoenix Residence, Inc.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Product for First Timers

Pros

As a first-time user of this software, I highly recommend anyone looking to move their auction online. This was the first time our organization moved it online and it could not have been easier!! The set up was simple and easy to comprehend, and customer service was superb! I could message them at any time and they would typically answer within minutes -- even the day of our event! I also liked how you can pick and choose which features you want to use.

Cons

My only suggestions would be: 1.) I had difficulty printing some of your how-to articles. I would suggest making them available in PDF version so they are easier to print. When I reached out for help, I received the response "they're made for online reading only" 2.) I had difficulty uploading a photo for the banner on our event page. I would suggest looking into this.

Response from Accelevents

Replied June 2019

Hi Jackie, thanks for the feedback! We use a company called intercom to host our knowledge base articles. I shared your feedback with them. Hopefully they will make it easier to print the articles. We have also enhanced the image upload capacity and added a built in cropping tool! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Joseph from Wynnum Manly Seagulls

Glad we stumbled across this little gem

It has allowed us to raise funds for our charity dinner each year where as other online bidding platforms were far too expensive. This allows you to run it yourself and avoid those costs.

Pros

Customer service is great. Rep. and his team respond to any quieries immediately.

Cons

Slight lags from time to time. But nothing major.

Response from Accelevents

Replied August 2019

Thanks Joseph! We're happy to hear that you had a great experience. We are currently in a software development phase focused on further increasing performance of the system! We look forward to working with you again soon.

Fred from AzCDL

We use Accelevents for our annual meetings, silent auction and online raffles

I highly recommend Accelevents.

Pros

First and foremost - outstanding customer service. I've been able to reach Jon and Zach at all hours and they've been exceptionally responsive. With the event module we've been able to streamline our ticketing process and are better able to monitor reservations versus attendance and give a more accurate reservation count to the event vendor and save some money. With the silent auction module we've eliminated a lot of manual processing and the texting alerts to bidders have increased our bidding. The raffle module is a big benefit to us. With our manual system involving physical tickets, manual entry and lots of mailing we could only run a few raffles a year. With Accelevents we are totally automated and can run raffles as fast as we can acquire items to raffle. The end result is greater fundraising for a reasonable cost.

Cons

The products are more designed for traditional onsite fund raising events, a mold we don't fit into. However, Jon and Zach have been very helpful in tweak their software to meet our unique needs.

Nicholas from Nonprofit

Great software for fundraising

Still the best software I've seen. Very easy to use to run auction event. And the customer service stands out. The team responded to every question quickly, many times within minutes of asking. The support was especially critical night of the event as we had an issue due to user error and the Accelevents team was able to help us resolve.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive interface with strong features

Cons

Honestly do not have a CON. Perhaps the only thing to improve would to be add a few HOW TO videos to the website for quickly getting users up to speed on all of the features.

Response from Accelevents

Replied November 2018

Thanks, Nicholas! We actually just launched a full how-to video series to get new users up to speed. Feel free to check it out. Looking forward to your next event!

Selena from Friends of CRLS

Very easy to use, great look, best customer service

We were able to raise an additional amount for our annual event, while the cost of the service was less. It was absolutely the most affordable, easiest and most enjoyable way to raise funds for student scholarships, travel fellowships and teacher grants. Our organization supports all students, but especially those with little or no means to access travel opportunities or to pay for college. Accel Events will be our go-to platform for our silent auction in the future.

Pros

Intuitive and user friendly; beautiful, clean design, extremely cost-effective for our small non-profit; and, hands-down, the best, most responsive customer service we've ever experienced.

Cons

We have nothing negative to say about the software or the support. We were so happy with the platform and the people behind it that we will use again, and will recommend to others.

Jay from Covenant Living

Great Virtual Conference Platform

We had a great experience with Accelevents. They were very responsive and helpful in setting up the platform and supporting us during the launch of the event.

Pros

The Accelevents program provided us a great platform to use for our virtual leadership conference that we held due to COVID-19 for about 120 of our employees from 9 different states and time zones. It was very intuitive and was easy for everyone to navigate.

Cons

The program is constantly evolving but I think if the networking function of the software was easier to use, it could create more opportunity for people to connect virtually. I think it would be great if it functioned like facetime, you click on an attendee and it contacted them by instant message and then if accepted you could have a video meeting.

Reasons for Choosing Accelevents

It was a great value and provided us all the capabilities we needed.

Response from Accelevents

Replied December 2020

Hi Jay, thanks for the kind words and the feedback! The facetime style 1:1 video chat functionality is actually available! One two attendees are connected, they can enter into a 1:1 video chat at any time. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to be of assistance in the future.