• Pros

• "After the onboarding process is over with, you still have instant access to their help staff. The best: The help they give you."

• "I just migrated to Active Campaign about a month ago. It came highly recommended to me, and it's clear that A.C. has a lot of amazing features that can grow with me over the years."

• "An affordable and powerful solution ranging from simple email marketing to professional Marketing Solution."

• Cons

• "It can't stop spam machines created by bad actors. Spam contacts can get in."

Browse ActiveCampaign Reviews

David J. from The Bradley Business Group, Inc.

If you had to recommend one marketing automation tool for small business, here it is

I refuse to ever tell a client there's a single software in any category that they should use without proper investigation further, but I have yet to run into a time where ActiveCampaign wasn't a massive improvement to upgrade to from other tools of similar price but lesser capabilities, like MailChimp and ConstantContact. AC has been my own email marketing and marketing automation system for approximately five years now and I don't see myself moving away from it at any point. It's important for me to be aware of the tools on the market, and there are other great ones, but none that have been a worthwhile transition off AC for.

Pros

You have a massive amount of features available to you to handle basic email marketing, advanced marketing automation, behavioral automations, tagging and audience segmentation, and so on. That's just the basic package, too. More advanced packages introduce a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) aspect that is particularly helpful for sales teams, Lead scoring to help prioritize accounts for your sales teams to be more efficient, and dynamic content (among many other features).

Cons

There is little to see on the Cons. If I had to select something, I suppose the limit of three users on the Lite plan can be frustrating. However, it's typically safe enough for a small business, easy to share logins if needed, and the price and added features of upgrading to the Plus plan is quite affordable as well.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Best pricing for the features provided. It also integrates with everything I needed it to and they clearly are moving in a positive direction, always improving the product and introducing new and upgraded features.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

MailChimp did not provide adequate automations and was very limited in segmentation.

Matt from Nxtbook Media

Prettayyy... Prettayyy.. Good

Choosing Active Campaign has been a great move for us to save some money but I would caution folks who are looking for hands-on account management and support or who are not technically proficient. We have a pretty technically sound team so we did all of the set up ourselves - given my experience with our account manager - I'd be worried if he was responsible for helping a less technical team set up their account/integrations etc.

Pros

We came to Active Campaign from Pardot and what we like MOST is the price difference. AC is much cheaper and has all the core functionality (and more) that you need to set up a pretty robust marketing automation and customer support system.

Cons

I gotta say the one detractor from giving them an all-around 5 star review has been the unresponsive nature of our contacts there. I have had a few billing questions and was trying to move to an annual contract and my dedicated account rep just flat out hasn't responded in weeks. I had to go back to the guy who originally sold us the software to get the invoice and forms I needed. I also tried to follow up with both of them to make sure we were good on the annual plan and haven't heard anything from either of them. So I have to say the customer support (from a billing/account management perspective) has been sub-optimal.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign has all the features and integrations we needed at a fraction of the cost.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Pardot costs a lot of money for small companies and their support is non-existent.

Strong Automation System & Ecomm DataLayer, Weak Support and Long Standing Bugs

Pros

Activecampaign sets the bar for building automations, with great sorting and filtering features including customer records, tags, lists, conditional rules/routing, e-commerce data such as purchases, crm pipelines and even a custom event layer. We have created very complex integrations for dozens of businesses ranging from E-Commerce stores, to Gyms to local businesses. It's really simple to learn and use, and powerful enough to tackle even the most complex business processes. This includes in-store purchases on a POS to sending out emails or automation's based on purchases or LTV. It also supports multiple E-Commerce platforms natively, but be aware those features are nearly 4x the price to unlock after the trial.

Cons

After months of issues that resulted in one of our clients losing an excess of $40,000 in revenue, we can no longer recommend activecampaign. Poor support was to blame for this issue, with it being impossible to get someone on a call even though we pay 6 figures a year for service. Activecampaign is growing really really fast. Because of this, They have pretty terrible support and there are also long-standing bugs that they seem to have no intention to fix. For instance, the system is supposed to generate previews for each automation's email steps and in various other places, but instance shows a broken image. We have inquired about this to the support to be told they are aware it's been broken for over a year and have no ETA or intention on repairing it. We have this problem on all our client's accounts(dozens), and it's a serious issue with UI/UX but they don't seem to care. There are also some major logic issues, such as if you filter an automation to show anyone with 0 purchases, it doesn't work. We also inquired about this but got another non-response... So basically, where it works, it works well but there are a few major issues and they don't seem intent on repairing them, even though they are steady releasing more features to add to their pricing tiers. Overall, it's hard to find another system that provides the ease of use, features, and value of activecampaign but the support and existing bugs are a nasty/necessary compromise.

Michelle from BodyWise Coaching, LLC

Had to switch from MailChimp

Pros

I like how straightforward and intuitive the software is. -- I can actually see a visual flow map of the customer journey, I can create automated series and then schedule them easily, I can create a standard template for my weekly video campaign and then customize it without revisiting old or pre-designed templates; I wasn't able to do any of those things intuitively with MailChimp. I have fewer than 400 subscribers right now, and I'm really glad to be making the switch now instead of later down the road. ActiveCampaign is where I want to build the foundation for my email marketing from here on out. Also, I had to buy a whole separate online course to learn how to use MailChimp and ActiveCampaign includes a startup course, "Getting Started," in their platform. Much appreciated! This is turning into a MailChimp critique, but the other thing I didn't like was how I couldn't just type directly into the body of the email like how a NORMAL email works; I had to write in a separate box to the side and it made it hard to see what the actual email would end up looking like sometimes.

Cons

Honestly I don't have any feedback about what to improve yet; I've been using ActiveCampaign for just a couple weeks.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Some big online entrepreneurs that I highly respect [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Thrive Themes, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Consulting Accelerator) use ActiveCampaign, and I figure they're using the best of the best for online course/consulting business marketing.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

See response to first question... (everything I enjoy so far about ActiveCampaign has to do with how much more intuitive and easy it is compared to MailChimp).

Pedro from Happy Code Portugal

A convenient All-in-One CRM and Automation

In my company, Active Campaign is used on a daily basis. We are a franchising network, needing one full-service CRM and Marketing Automation to be shared within the network (similar automations for the whole network), while leaving space and autonomy for each franchisee to develop its own (Sales management, marketing management). Active Campaign allows not only this structure to work seamlessly, but the way the service is organized allows a whole range of possibilities for my company, most of which we haven't yet scratched the surface.

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to deploy and being all-in-1 solution for marketing and sales management, automation, it's very convenient and comparatively affordable.

Cons

A few areas are still under development and not quite up to the task, namely features such as landing page development, or conditional forms.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

The trigger to switch was initially the structure of the accounts in both services - my company needed a service to be used by many users, Agile CRM pricing is structured on a per-user basis, while Active Campaign is structured by packages including multiple users. Then as the analysis of the features in Active Campaign began, it was clear it is far more developed and allows more business possibilities and automations to bring customer experience to life. In the end, after using Active Campaign, it's clear it's much easier and convenient.

Susan from Lassiter Publishing Group

Finally.

The overall experience has been phenomenal. I imported my database and had everything set up and running in a day. The customer support team is knowledgeable and super friendly.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is the CRM I wish I would have chosen back in 2012 when I went with Infusionsoft. I love the automations. They are intuitive to build, easy to manage, and they flat out work. I love two way SMS via the deep integration with SalesMsg and that the convos get added to the contact record. And finally, I love the Deals feature which is the best and easily customizable sales pipeline software I've ever used.

Cons

One tiny thing I'd change is the contact merge feature. I prefer the ability to choose what fields to merge in a contact record instead of being forced to delete one.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I did the HighLevel trial but couldn't get things to work properly after 2-weeks.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I used Infusionsoft for years and then switched to Keap because of the baked in phone number and appointment scheduler. You can't add an automated 2-way text to a campaign sequence. If someone responds it says the number doesn't accept incoming messages. This creates a super poor customer experience. The appointment scheduler was useless because it won't allow you to redirect the customer to a custom URL after they book so it messed up my funnel tracking.

Ben Marcoux from BMX Marketing LLC

Why I ONLY Use ActiveCampaign

I've used ActiveCampaign every day for the last three-plus years to send broadcast emails and segmented, automated emails for my own business and for clients. Other than the occasional frustration dealing with a slow loading page, I've loved using it. It's super user friendly so it's easy for anybody to get up and running quickly so they can start making money for their business with email. But it's also got a ton of bells and whistles that even the most experienced email marketers will be impressed by.

Pros

Before settling on ActiveCampaign, I used a half dozen other email service providers. The expensive ones were too clunky and loaded with features I was paying for but would never use. They also took forever to set up and learn how to use. Literally WEEKS. The cheap ones didn't have enough "oomph" under the hood to build the powerful automation I needed and wanted to. ActiveCampaign is perfect because whether you're a newb or a seasoned email marketing vet, you can do what you want to do. It's SUPER easy to go in and set up a basic broadcast email or automation. But it's also loaded with tons of features that allow you to really "geek out" and "supercharge" your email marketing.

Cons

When working on automation, sometimes the interface is a little laggy. This is super frustrating because nothing is worse that being "in the zone" and getting work done setting up campaigns, then having to stop because the interface froze or decided to load super slow. Also, I've heard some complaints about the actual email builder being clunky and not the friendliest for designers, but I only send predominantly text emails so that's not an issue for me.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

These "enterprise" level solutions are really clunky and aren't user-friendly in the slightest. They take forever to learn, and some even require expensive training to get "certified" before you're proficient enough to get any value from them. Or if you don't want to do that, I've seen companies hire consultants just to manage or train people on how to use Keap. Also, I've had really bad experiences with Infusionsoft (now Keap) deliverability. They're also loaded with features in an attempt to make them a "one stop shop", which is good in theory, but instead they just end up with gobs of features that are all okay and aren't the best at anything.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I switched to ActiveCampaign because the "cheap" email marketing solutions don't do what I need them to do. They're great for getting started because something is better than nothing. But it's almost inevitable if you're serious about doing email marketing for your business you'll come up against a wall of functionality, where you CAN'T do something that you WANT or NEED to do. And that keeps you from making email marketing as profitable as it can and should be.

My favorite email marketing automation I have ever used

The are not "monkeying" around and have created a product I look forward to using. Some email systems chimp on features but they have included things like text messaging into the system for a long time. While the paid tier is smaller it is easy to make money with ActiveCampaign.

Pros

My favorite thing is the ability to set up automation and start creating it, but not finish it. As users progress through, you can add steps to the end and keep it going. This is critical for marketing that needs to be flexible and is still in the testing phase.

Cons

While it is very minor, sometimes contact changes that you make manually require a few more clicks than needed but overall the process is clear.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Integrations. There are so many more integrations with the other products I use. ActiveCampaign is so popular the other software companies make sure to integrate directly with them.

Mark from BrainSquall Inc

The product is great, but the real game changer is the people!!

Phenomenal customer service. Great training, support, sales, and customer success people. The training, the consulting sessions, and follow ups have all been very well managed and super professional, but also fun.

Pros

I like that it covers all the bases: email, web chat, landing pages, forms, campaigns, deal management. The interface is nice and clean. Not cluttered like some other applications. The setup and administration is fairly straightforward. The VERY best thing is that EVERY person I've talked to or chatted with has been A+. Super helpful, above and beyond the call of duty. I'm super impressed with the people.

Cons

The deals management functionality needs some work, but I love the simplicity. I want to configure it more than I can today.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign was so much easier to manage. The administrative interfaces in Salesforce are seriously dated. Saleforce was way too complicated for users and admin.

Leandro from LAVA Liquid Learning Method

A great all in one solution

I found Active Campaign to be just as feature rich as Hubspot, at a much better price and with an open user mangament service. It really helped my team to cut down lead follow up with their automation tools. The campaign mail feature is top notch. In all, a great budget minded option that punches above its weight.

Pros

Very good price to quality ratio. Flexible plans. Much simpler price plans in comparison to Hubspot. Great email client. Excellent automation abilities. Robust and hassle free user management. Great form integrations with Wordpress.

Cons

Would love to have a scheduler like Hootsuite. Whatsapp integration would be great. More customization options in the forms would be a great addition.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Good pricing, recommendation from peers.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Pricing, too complex (Hubspot) Too few options (Sendiblue)

Zakaria from Durban South Toyota

Affordable option to get into marketing automation

Overall, they have a leg up over other email marketing apps with their class-leading automation system. Newbies will probably complain about the template composing feature. It's nowhere near as easy as Mailchimp or Aweber. But I have a designer compose my newsletters in Stripo, which is inexpensive. And they have a one-click export into Activecampaign. This works for me. I average 28% open rates on newsletter blasts. I'm happy with that kinda performance.

Pros

Activecampaign is more than just an email marketing app... done right it can free you from manually keeping track of leads and contacts interacting with your business. We use it to nurture all new leads coming in through our website. I recently implemented lead scoring of my contacts, which will hopefully allow me to filter those leads ready for sales. Another great feature is the site tracking. I've set an alert to notify me when a contact is on our site. I've yet to take advantage of this, but my plan is to automate an email to the relevant sales consultant, telling them their lead is on a high-intent page, so we can reach out at just the right time. There is more under the hood, I know. For larger setups one could use it as a full CRM, bringing your sales team on board with incredible amount of data about your contacts.

Cons

It can be overwhelming. They have pre-built recipes for most functions, which is a great start. But still, you'll have to play with the automations and see which work for you. Otherwise, it's like driving a Ferrari and not going faster than 120 kmh.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Basically, for the automation options available in ActiveCampaign.

Luke from trackwire.io

ActiveCampaign is great!

After nearly two years, I'm very pleased with ActiveCampaign. It's a well thought out feature rich platform. In my opinion there isn't another service on the market that can beat them for what they provide.

Pros

1. The automations. It makes complex automations easy to understand and seemlessly blends the users interactions in my app with emails in their inbox. 2. The email designer Easy to use and great templates to get you started 3. Reliability & Peace of mind Once you set up your automations it's a great feeling to know that it will run like clockwork. 4. API I was quickly able to interact with ActiveCampaigns API and it runs so perfect! It gives me such power over how users interact with my application. Literally any interaction a user makes with my application, I can capture and add to their contact profile and send them through automations in regards to their actions / inactions. Super Powerful!

Cons

1. No Sandbox mode There's only one mode to use the software and that's live. This means you have to be mindful when generating software tests as you can end up sending emails to dummy accounts as ActiveCampaign doesn't differentiate between a Live and Sandbox version. I would be super greatful if there was a sandbox mode that could be used for testing my applications and not worry about passing dummy contacts through automations etc. 2. Subscription model can be a little bit pricey if not utilized When I began using ActiveCampaign I was starting a fresh business, so my mail list was 0 at the time. It took me sometime to get accustomed to it & test integrations etc. This setup time and any other non-marketing time still costs money with the current subscription model. I would personally prefer a usage based fee based on features and emails sent. 3. No built-in suggestions to get more emails in the Primary folder. It may be wishful thinking as the goalposts are often moved by what is deemed as falling under "Promotions", nevertheless there could be more done to get emails in the Primary Inbox at the time of creating emails. I would really appreciate a "likelihood of reaching the primary inbox" meter before creating campaigns. This could be difficult to implement but I feel it would help alot of new users and people new to email marketing.

Craig from Viazio Group, Inc.

Great Features, Good Reliability

I needed something simple enough to train staff to use, but with the ability to do crazy, advanced things. Over the last decade+ I had been using numerous competitors, but think I might have found a permanent home with ActiveCampaign after using it for two years.

Pros

The automations are where ActiveCampaign really wins. You can do almost anything you'd want to do, and it really helps with the ability to track and move leads through a funnel.

Cons

There is no way to group together TAGs. This makes it difficult to keep track of them all when you use external software that might be creating tags based on prospect activity. However, because of the ways Automations works, you rarely have to use TAGs. You can keep leads spinning around inside Automations, following unique paths, for the entire sales cycle.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Our demo showed it to be much easier to use for complex projects.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I was finding Infusionsoft to be much more complicated than I had time for. TAGs and triggers just didn't fit with my way of thinking.

Mike from OnlinePMCourses.com

Best of its kind but getting complacent on the basics

I was a huge advocate for AC early on. Now, I temper that because of my frustrations. If they listen to their users more and get down to fixing the basics that are way outdated, they can soon get back to a full 5* experience. But for now, I would say try it out carefully. If you don't need the capabilities that distinguish it from the likes of MailChimp, it probably is not worth the annoying hassles.

Pros

This is high-end marketing automation at mid-market pricing. If you want to automate marketing to a high-degree and with great sophistication, AC allows you to do nearly anything - yet at a price point similar to email marketing tools with little or no automation. That's why I chose Active Campaign and why I stick with it.

Cons

For all of its technical sophistication, there are a few weak points around basics. Its email creation interface feels dated and the handling of image assets is clunky and horrid. Creating restore points and undo is flaky and unreliable. And what makes all this so bad is that users have logged these points for several years as top requests and AC has not addressed them. Instead they add fancy functionality. The basics of everyday use matter and the experience spoils the software for me.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I chose AC over ConvertKit for better functionality and marginally better price (2017) and over InfusuionSoft (now Keap) because that was WAY too expensive for my business.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I switched from MailChimp because I needed the automation functionality. Now, MailChimp are building that capability. I hope AC can continue to stay ahead on that and catch up with MC's usability and UX.

Allen from Premier spine And Sport Rehabilitation & Wellness

Critical software for small business/startups

Pros

The most critical thing a small business has is their customer list. Being able to communicate with your clients in a timely manner, whether it's regarding safety protocols to build confidence or a promotion/offer to increase revenue. An email marketing system that can properly segment your clients and make it through email filters can make the difference between success and failure in a small business. Activecampaign allows solopreneurs and small companies to compete with big companies when it comes to email marketing, lead tracking and relationship management at a very affordable price. Also, their premade 'recioes' (marketing automations) are such a help so you don't start from scratch.

Cons

There is a learning curve an best practices when starting up. Learning how to create a campaign or even the terminology that Activecampaign uses. However, they make it easier with a wealth of articles, how-to's, webinars, and live support (which is crazy good and fast!).

Purely because of price.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

MailChimp didn't allow for segmentation and automation the way I needed it to be.

David from Bbg, Inc.

If I had to recommend a single email marketing and automation tool, it's AC

AC has helped my business and clients alike in being able to seamlessly create email marketing campaigns regularly. In addition, the automation features are helpful to be able to tag specific contacts, start/end automated email series, and so on. There are limitless possibilities, without a *need* to use every feature to make it worthwhile.

Pros

AC provides the best combination of possibilities (features), user experience (ease of use), and pricing (it's affordable!).

Cons

There are situations when you may want a tool that is at the "enterprise" level (e.g., Salesforce) that may provide more options and span more actual product lines. I think it's very situational. But for specifically email marketing and marketing automation for small to mid-sized businesses, AC almost always is a more desirable fit than other platforms considered (e.g., more opportunity provided than MailChimp, all-around better than the terrible system that is ConstantContact, etc).

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

AC has the right balance of price (starts very low), features, and reputation/reliability. It's simply an excellent product at a very fair price.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I needed more automation options that provided flexibility and advanced features. Mailchimp didn't offer this - at least not well. If I upgraded my Mailchimp membership, it may have had more automation features, but they wouldn't be as quality as Active Campaign's, and it would have been just as much or more per month.

Jill from Let's Travel Family

Industry: Online Media

My top pick for an email marketing platform.

Overall, choosing Active Campaign as my email marketing service was a terrific decision. I've been happy with it so far and cannot wait to see where it takes my business.

Pros

I love how robust Active Campaign is and at a great price. It integrates well with the many online services and I haven't needed to reach out to customer support for help. I look forward to learning more ways that I can use Active Campaign to grow my online business.

Cons

As I progress through all of the available options and features Active Campaign has for me, I do struggle with knowing which features will help my blogging and email marketing business the most. There are many digital marketers providing courses on email marketing. Yet, I feel held back because I need to learn more about Active Campaign's platform and how it will best help me as a blogger before I can implement many of the techniques recommended to me.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

My blogging mentor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], recommended Active Campaign over Convert Kit and I trusted her. So far I'm very happy with my decision.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I needed a more robust service that allowed me to create better automations, tag my email subscribers, create multiple lists, and provide me with more options.

Millie from Showcase Workshop

A good all-rounder

Active Campaign is our one stop hub for our sales and marketing activity so we have an almost global view of how our customers and and prospects are interacting with us - the exception is our help desk but I'm sure we could integrate that too if we really wanted to. We use Active Campaign to track our: - Sales team interactions - emails, including emails we send from our own inboxes, tasks and follow up tasks, and call records - as long as we enter them! - We use it to send and tracks all the newsletter/marketing interactions and all our automated emails for customers on free trials. - We also track key interactions with our own product (though an integration we built ourselves) so the sales team have a quick reference to important behaviours.

Pros

Moved to Active Campaign from Infusionsoft (2 years ago now, before they changed their name) and we were very satisfied at that particular time that Active Campaign was the superior product. Good marketing and automation tools - which have also had a lot of investment and attention in the two years we've been using Active Campaign - as well as a solid CRM and lead/opportunity management dashboard. We have the Enterprise Grade subscription which gives us access to a dedicated account manager. This was really useful in the first year and we had an excellent account manager at that time.

Cons

Active Campaign have really focused in recent years on the live / real time behaviour tools and giving users the ability to build extremely complex automations. For us though, we would prefer a bit more focus on improving the CRM and things that make contact and lead management easier - such as the ability to add follow up tasks from the (otherwise excellent) Gmail widget.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Mostly because Infusionsoft weren't making any investment or upgrades to their CRM tools though that might have changed now.

Scott from Law Office of Scott D. DeSalvo

Industry: Law Practice

A Powerful, Affordable Package

Active Campaign is at the center of my online marketing, and I am very happy with it.

Pros

I came from a different autoresponder which had many, many limitations. A marketing guy suggested ActiveCampaign, so it was one of many I explored when the limitations of the old autoresponder company foprced me to move. I am glad I moved, and I am very happy with ActiveCampaign. It allows you to set up marketing funnels, forms, capture lead data, tag your visitors and put them into marketing funnels for follow up. I do not use all of the features, but. I have been able to build pretty elaborate follow up processes for my marketing sytem using ActiveCampaign. There are a slew of new competitors which CLAIM to do what ActiveCampaign does for less money, and several services which offer website hosting, autoresponder, everything, for more money. I am glad I am with ActiveCampaign because they are established and their have a mature, stable product. Not the cheapest, but it has features of more expensive platforms. I'd recommend it.

Cons

As with all autoresponders, the user interface and names and locations for things presents a learning curve. Especially for newer people, they could improve their intro and training videos to be more clear.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign is a mature, stable platform with lots of functionality for the price. It is not the cheapest, but it is an excellent balance between affordable, reliable, and advance functions for which other platforms charge more.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Aweber's email delivery system defaults everyone to double opt in and requires to you call the company to turn it off. Aweber's email automation was very limited as far as applying logic to email deliver and repeating a email series.

Keleigh from Anchor Design Co.

Consolidated so many tools into one

Their customer support is beyond great. I’ve sent instant chats to ask questions many times and I’m always impressed by how out of the way their reps go to help me. I even had one rep who built out an entire custom automation for me based on my needs.

Pros

I held back from investing in ActiveCampaign for over a year because of the overall cost. What I didn’t realize then was that I would be able to cancel FOUR other software subscriptions thanks to the robust suite of features that AC has. This software has played a critical role in my ability to grow my business by over 150% this year and I would recommend it to anyone!

Cons

I would give my left leg for AC to have mobile functionality. They don’t have an app and the mobile version of their site is non-functional. It quite literally can only be used on a computer. This is the one place where AC is severely behind their competitors.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

AC seemed like a longer term solution, based on features.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Because AC has so many more features.

Candice from Hey Candice Marie

I recommend it to everyone!

Pros

I recommend ActiveCampaign to all of my clients for two specific reasons. Easy of use and features. My clients hire me because they are not tech-savvy but ActiveCampaign gives them the freedom to use a robust email marketing platform with ease after getting over a very short and small learning curve. ActiveCampaign has an AMAZING and thorough online help database as well.

Cons

The only thing that I personally find missing from ActiveCampaign is Dubsado integration (although ActiveCampaign has a TON of integrations options so that might be a fault on Dubsado's end). I also think it would be nice to add landing pages. I host my landing pages on my Showit site but it would be a great option for some of my clients who haven't launched their site yet and want to start building their email list.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I ended up choosing ActiveCampaign because it ultimately gave me all the features and automation capabilities that I want and need for my business at a great price.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign is significantly cheaper with a very sturdy platform. Building automation is not only very easy in ActiveCampaign but you can do a lot with their automation system.

Noa from Charney Forum for New Diplomacy

ActibeCampaign is a professional game changer!

Overall, an excellent experience, that has transformed my organization's digital marketing and engagement.

Pros

I love the flow of the automations and segmentation. It's opened a whole new world of opportunities for my organisation.

Cons

I'm not sure whether I have yet to find it, but from the exploration that I've done on the mobile app, I couldn't find tracking for automations, nor for forms. That would come in handy. As for the software in general, it would have been helpful to be able to see an overview of all campaigns and automations in one place, rather than having automations on one tab and campaigns on another. Also, it would be helpful if I could go into a sent campaign and resend it to myself (not a specific contact), and access the original message and list of people who received the campaign more easily. Currently feels like I need to go through 2-3 steps each time in order to do so.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Same answer as previous question - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Day by Day Business Management - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She has referred several new customers your way and deserves a BIG shoutout! :))

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

100% due to a recommendation and assistance of a committed and extremely professional user - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (aka "automations queen" :) [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Andrew from Andrew Trachtman

ActiveCampaign - Powerful drag and drop automation + Easy to send Emails

My experience has been a very pleasant one. Simple to use and fairly intuitive.

Pros

The deliverability of emails is crucial to me (and to most businesses). A simple user interface comes in a close second. ActiveCampaign delivers on both (and gives you a comprehensive tutorial series). I don't make full use of the automations. However, they're drag-and-drop which makes them dead simple to use. You can also create opt in forms using ActiveCampaign to collect emails. You can embed these forms into pages, or direct users to a link.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like ActiveCampaign goes down which is a problem. I've had people ask me why I sent them a broken link - but the real issue was that ActiveCampaign was down. I don't have any other big complaints. A small complaint is not being able to change an email's subject line without clicking a few times. It would be great if you could change the subject line inside of the email creator.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I read that ActiveCampaign is ok with most kinds of emails. I also read they have a high deliverability rate. Both of these seemed true when I tested ActiveCampaign. I liked the User Interface and their pricing tiers. Plus their automation impressed me.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I hate Mailchimp with a passion. The UI confused me, the limited features on the free plan frustrated me (how can I test what I can't use?) and their pricing was way too high. Their strategy is to get you hooked on the free plan. Then you pay out the nose for sub par deliverability. I decided to try ActiveCampaign because one of my clients in the past had used it.

Morgan from Marketing Your Science LLC

It was wonderful until we needed support

Initially we were thrilled with AC due to it’s ease of use and speed. However, recently we ran into a major issue that suddenly started showing up, and is preventing us from moving forward on a vital project. We used the chat, and initially the guy on the chat told us it was the fault of another vendor we had integrated with. After going back and forth, he agreed to look into it, and asked for a bit more information. I went to collect that, and when I came back, the chat had ended. Furthermore, when I tried starting a new chat, it said “chat is offline, you will have to send an email.” I noticed that the chat was disconnected and chat went offline at exactly 12 pm Pacific time, corresponding with lunchtime. This is crazy! Who goes offline in the middle of a chat with customers who pay over $200/month for software just so they can take their lunch break exactly on time? Now I’m really wondering, can I trust AC when it counts? Because this kind of software is expensive enough and complex enough that it absolutely requires good support. So far, I’m not impressed. (Previous less critical support inquiries were eventually answered, but not particularly quickly).

Pros

AC is very easy to use and to set up. It’s more intuitive than most similar products we’ve tried. When it works right, it’s great.

Cons

Software like this is complex, and things inevitably break or have bugs. We have used most of the major platforms out there, and they all have periods of bugs and issues. Once you run into it, the only question is this: will support be there to help? Not AC support, not if it’s lunchtime.

Ease of use

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Ease of use and more CRM features in ActiveCampaign.

Aidan from FitRoots

Thorough Email & CRM Software

Pros

AC is easily deployable and compatible with the rest of our tech stack, and this makes it easier for us to justify our continued use of it. The automations are easy to build, but complex enough to go further should you wish to. The email marketing system is thorough, and does what it says on the tin, The reporting capabilities are strong, and it is useful to have this all tied in with a clear CRM and Deal flow management system. The support team at AC are generally great, and depending on what tier you are on, they also provide generous support to their customers to make sure they succeed.

Cons

Sometimes the software bugs out, and doesn't do what you are asking it to do, although this is usually resolved quickly. The entry price for the higher tiers could be slightly lower.

Gabby from A Cup of Zen LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

Satisfied with Active Campaign

I've used several different email marketing software providers but when I switched to Active Campaign, I was finally satisfied with one. It was easy for me to get started using it and that was a big factor for me. I like how the automations are similar to advanced email software and are easy to use. All the commands that I need are in the automations so I don't have to do a work-around. Customer service has been helpful each time I contact them. When needed, they send me the exact link to the documentation I need, or answer my question. Overall, I enjoy using Active Campaign and find it easy to use. The pricing is fair and I believe I get more value compared to other companies with similar pricing.

Pros

More features than other software at similar pricing Pricing is fair Easy to use Easy to set up Fast start to using the software Good documentation Good customer service that points to documents when needed

Cons

I don't know all of the features or how they could help my business - more explaining how things work would be helpful so I can decide if I want to implement it or not

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I tried a trial of Convert Kit and could not even figure out how to send an email or set up an automation. I've used companies like Infusionsoft (Keap), MailChimp, and others that were way harder to figure out. But I could not figure out Convert Kit. I looked at their documentation and I just didn't get it. So I went with Active Campaign and it was easy to set up my lists, campaigns for sending emails, and automations. I think the difference in the platform user interface, navigation, and documentation makes the difference between these two products.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I was frustrated by the user interface of Get Response and Aweber and the limits to what I could do inside those platforms. I couldn't understand how to do things or where exactly they were located, especially in Get Response. If I recall correctly, even the documentation was not clear. In Aweber, they were putting limits on what I could send as a newer account. It became a frustrating experience, even after I sent them the information they needed to verify my list.

Nick from Winning Funnel

Amazing

I have used AC with an ecommerce store selling $3-4m per year, as well as several consulting firms and info product companies. It works amazing for all these use cases.

Pros

It's very rare to find so much functionality while retaining ease of use. I've been a consultant implementing and managing marketing automation and CRMs for 10 years, and AC has become my go to solution for all my clients. The CRM has come a long way in the past few years and now beats just about all of them that do both CRM and Automation. The integration with Ecom platforms like Shopify are also a huge benefit.

Cons

For years I would tell clients if they needed a CRM and they were doing personal sales that they should use Infusionsoft, but I can't say that anymore. Infusionsoft's CRM has become worse over time while AC's CRM has become much more powerful. One thing I wish AC would add is more functionality in the math actions for changing fields. If we could use different fields and formulas in the math to make calculations for custom fields, rather than just simple +-X/ then that would be amazing. I currently have to use Zapier to do that and it's not even that great with Zapier.

Antonio from VUCA

My first marketing automation platform, its about to pay for itself

As a startup founder, It is really difficult to choose the right platform to commit with. You have free options and very expensive ones. So Active campaign was a great option for me, right on the sweet spot. Their customer success team is the best. I have had three on boarding one-on-one calls where they have understood my business and helped me with all the setup, resources and best practices to start using it the best way possible. It is a very robust system, I only use the email automation, segmentation and I am starting to use their CRM, but the posibilites are endless. So far I love it

Pros

It is super easy to setup and use The best customer support I have ever had on any kind of service/product A thorough on boarding process, with personal coaching You can automate every single part of your marketing funnel and still have a nice personal touch with your best leads Endless possibilities to interact with your customers and prospects and track every behavior with you

Cons

It is so wide that I find myself a little overwhelmend on how to take as much as possible from the system without burning out. I am in the 2,500 contacts bracket, and I think its price is fair. But when I have to sacle it up, it will seem pricy

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Better price (against Hubspot) So many more functions (Against convertkit and others)

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I made research and wanted a more robust solution. I compared Active campaign against hubspot and convertkit and I preferred Active Campaign

Ray from Inspire Marketing Services

Easy to Use, some bugginess

Overall, everything is very nice. The pricing is reasonable, and the additional features were unexpected as I was sort of grandfathered in to them.

Pros

This is a very legitimate mailchimp competitor, well-priced. The CRM functionality surprising, and there are really nice web insights (WordPress user here) that I could glean at-a-glance & give to my sales team via their plugin/javascript. They just recently added conversations (chatbot) automations, which were great to see. The chatbot was slick & never glitched out on me. It's not quite an Intercom replacement, but if you're not familiar with Intercom you'd be over the moon with this. The email automations are hands-down the best aspect of ActiveCampaign. The automations & workflows are visual-based & made it incredibly easy & user friendly for a once-newly-christened marketer unfamiliar with sequences. There's even a set of 'cookbooks' that are pre-built templates in case you were like me & didn't know where to start.

Cons

The email builder is a tad clunky. My biggest gripe was when I would create a new link from a template, it would change the color to blue & the font to Arial. Sounds like it's not a big deal, but when you're constantly changing the colors & fonts, it adds to the amount of time you're making an email. It would be nice to be able to add an HTML element in the WYSIWYG editor, instead of bouncing in/out between that & the HTML editor. The CRM is nice, but the deals functionality is fairly light. Not the end of the world unless there's a lot of nuance from deal to deal (like in our industry).

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Better features, more functionality, better customer service.

Deanna from Deanna Ford

Very happy with ActiveCampaign!

My business is still small but growing and I know that there is a lot more to tap into for what ActiveCampaign can do but I have been very happy with it so far. When I was deciding who to go with, I researched many of the options that were popular and this one just seemed like the best one. Now a couple years later, I'm seeing more and more people praising it and what it can do. That's got me thinking I made the right choice. I mean, I figured at the time that it was the right choice but I'm seeing that validated by other's comments, too.

Pros

I like how powerful this software is and for a great price! When I started with it, I had quite a bit of a learning curve to learn it but had excellent help from support staff. It integrated well with my other online sites. Now I'm all set up and it runs like a charm. I look forward to using more of its capability as my business grows.

Cons

I have found it a little complicated for setting up with new lead magnets but I have attributed that to its ability to do so much so that you have to navigate around to set up what you need. And, I am still learning it. But what's great is that you can duplicate an automation. So once you have created what you want, you don't have to necessarily go back to square one. That I like very much!

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Price was a big factor and this one seemed perfect for where I was at which was at the beginning of starting to grow a list. But it also just seemed more robust for what you paid for it compared to the others. It was going to let me start off not paying a lot but have so many awesome features. And, I considered that as my business would grow, the increased price still seemed reasonable. So, I went with it.

Mikael from Scientific Triathlon

Highly recommended email service provider (and so much more)

Outstanding. In addition to how great the software is, the few times I've been in contact with customer support, that experience has also been very, very good. And the pricing is very reasonable for what the product gives you.

Pros

I am only using the Email Service Provider side of the software, not the CRM, so I will comment from the ESP perspective. What I like the most is the unlimited flexibility and features. In the "old days", marketers needed super expensive and complicated software like Infusionsoft to achieve what ActiveCampaign can do, in terms of automation, rules, segmentation and so on. This unlimited flexibility means you can make your email marketing as simple or as sophisticated as you like, the choice is yours. Generally speaking, the features of the software are outstanding!

Cons

In some ways the user interface can be a bit clumsy, e.g. when creating an email campaign. It's not bad, but there's room for improvement.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The best combination of features and functionality and price, by a large margin.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I needed more functionalities and flexibility in automation and segmentation.

Brian from Aespire Marketing

The right combination of power, flexibility, and price

I migrated to Active Campaign after being certified on a top-rated automation platform, and from a direct competitor that did not have an easy-to-use and elegant email editor.

Pros

The two features that make ActiveCampaign powerful for me are the ease and elegance of creating email templates and campaigns, and the robust automation features. I've been able to accomplish everything I need. The email build is superb. I've been able to integrate Active Campaign via Zapier to every other platform we use.

Cons

The recent activity panel could be more compact and robust. The overall dashboard could be more informative for at-a-glance assessment of activity. I do wish it included landing page features. I do wish the saved elements could be edited in the email builder and that there was more of a true "style" system with reusable and editable master elements.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Price, email builder, automation builder

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Needed better email builder and easier to manage automation builder

Peggy from The Habitat Group

Industry: Publishing

Extremely User Friendly and Subscription Comes with Great Support

When my big company split up and sold off all of its individual brands, I went from having an email staff to me taking on that responsibility all myself. My staff had been using Hubspot and I did try to learn that platform but it was not intuitive, rather clumsy...and VERY expensive. And since we no longer had the deep corporate pockets we once had, I had to move to something that was lower priced and easy enough for me to be up and running quickly. I investigated about 4 difference platforms and settled on AC and have not been disappointed. I think I made a great choice that a non-tech person like me can use and won't break our small company bank.

Pros

I like the fact that someone like me, who has only ever written campaigns for others to create but now has to do everything myself, can get up to speed pretty quickly and now I feel very comfortable with the platform. Although there are some odd, small nuances in the drag and drop, that functionality is really good and let's me create my campaigns quickly and easily.

Cons

For the most part, this is a great tool, but there are a few things I would like to see addressed. The first one was just addressed recently and you can now "undo." Not having an undo and instead looking at a bunch of dropdown times was not efficient, so kudos to AC for fixing that! I would also like to be able to search my images by keyword...that would save me a ton of time. Also, and this one would really be helpful...I find that creating a suppression file is an awkward process. I would like to be able to choose and list to send to and a list to suppress against that send list. Creating the segment for the suppression is not intuitive and I get confused with that.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I am not a millennial. I am not a technical person. And, I had never had to create email campaigns in the past...I've only ever had to write copy for them. AC enabled someone like me to create and blast my own campaigns easily and the ramp-up learning time was pretty short. I also like their customer care...although my rep recently left and his replacement is not quite as attentive, it's great to have an actual person to help me when I need it.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

HubSpot if a great tool if you have a week to attend their training in Boston and are an inherently technical person, but I didn't have a week to take out of my workflow and no longer had the budget to pay the HubSpot high price tag. I found AC to be way more user friendly at a reasonable price which is exactly what I needed.

Kevin from MrWork

The automations work like a charm

We are using Mailblue, which is a certified partner of ActiveCampaign and makes their software available in my native language and with Dutch support. This makes it quite easy to get support when you need it. We were looking for a tool with e-mail, automation and lead scoring features. As we didn't have any in-house knowledge about these (especially the tools), I've done some research. ActiveCampaign came out as the tool with the best functionalities for the best price (through Mailblue). This made me decide to start a demo, and eventually get the software. So far, it does exactly what I need and at this time it doesn't cost me a lot of time to figure out how to use it. The only thing is we currently don't really use the lead scoring mechanism as it needs a lot of tweaking (on our side). But as all other features are working really well for me, we're still happy users of the software.

Pros

The flexibility of the tool is something I really like. It's quite easy to use your own email templates, which are (as long as you keep it simple) completely adjustable as well as responsive. Besides that, the automation part is working like a charm. By using your own tags and fields you can practically do anything you want.

Cons

I am still trying to figure out how to set up a link with our current CRM. As ActiveCampaign has their own CRM built in, this is not one of the key futures. For our business however, we only use ActiveCampaign for the e-mail marketing and automations (so only the marketing department is using this tool). The entire company is built on the use of our CRM, so we'd like to see all of the ActiveCampaign data on there for a complete report.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The main reason was pricing, but I've also had some good referrals of other users. In the end the Dutch support (through Mailblue) made me decide to go for ActiveCampaign.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

The previous software has been stopped before I was working in this department, but as far as I know the main reasons were pricing and complexity/features.

John from The Anti Marketer

The best software for your online business and online shop

I am not an affiliate yet I love Active Campaign, so easy to use. The times I have contacted support, they are responsive and helpful.

Pros

I absolutely love ActiveCampaign. I have 2 accounts for my 2 businesses and have approx 10+ customers using it also for their online marketing endeavours. It is my go to software that I recommend to all customers. I love how the software is cheap for a startup but also offers really high level of integration for advanced customers. It is solid, easy to use and I cannot honestly recall having an issue with it. It has strong reporting and I love the integration features for Woo Commerce and Shopify also.

Cons

The only thing that is missing from ActiveCampaign is a simple checkout / payment type offering. So connecting to Paypal / Stripe is doable but not seamless. Apart from that I love it.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Quite simply it was better!

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I have switch others across from all sorts of mail responders. Like I mention above it is easy to use, great as a start up but also has great higher level options. So easy to build a customer journey.

Geir from Havsule Digital

This blew my mind

Fantastic!! And extraordinary follow up by their team! Tons of free personal 1:1 help, which I never expected.

Pros

Switched to ActiveCampaign from Pipedrive via ConvertKit and Keap - this is something else. I am so impressed. Very easy to use and well laid out, it is easy to create some of the most robust automated customer follow ups I have seen. AC blows the other softwares out of the water. It works, it is easy to understand and it is the most powerful peace of software I have seen in years. I am so pleased my grin goes all the way around my head.

Cons

Customer service gave 8-10 min waiting time on their chat support these days, and that is just not good enough.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Tried Keap, but their software are very cumbersome to use compared with ActiveCampaign. Used two weeks with help from a keap consultant and was still not near to be up and running. Used two days in AC on my own, as comparison. Further on Keap does not support country soesific characters in customers names, so I could not import my list, a ton of stuff does not work outside US, so it turned out there was not much left we could actually use. The rock at marketing, but the software - not for us!!

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Pipedrive is a very good service, but they change things all the time and breaks our aotomations. This created a ton of trouble for us, and when addressing the issue with them, they did not care. So after three years with this we left.

Best Marketing Automation platform for small and medium enterprises

I have used different marketing automation platforms and ActiveCampaign is now the best one I can recommend for begginers and SME.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has all the features that other "premium" platforms also have, but the price and the fast set up are totally a game changer. In a few steps you can provision a marketing automation platform with all the capabilities.

Cons

For high database and high sending volumes, maybe it's not the best option. Large campaigns could take time in sending.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

More plans and options available. More flexibility and options in automations. Great community and integrations with most popular platforms.

Carmelo from Jweb Modica

Complete and flexible with a great API

My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

Pros

Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp. But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

Cons

The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

API system is very flexible and simple for use. We where able to connect with wordpress Gravity forms, with a Vanilla PHP script and with Opencart.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I switched by chance. A client was suggesting to switch to getresponse because it got a trial offer and I get to love this software after that

Néstor from Néstor Marquínez

This guys know how to do things the right way

Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Pros

Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of: - Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesn´t get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, I´me really happy the way they´re handling things on this department - Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and I´m a choosy guy, you know). - It´s scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, you´ll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you don´t have to switch companies never again.

Cons

I´m a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I´ve already covered a lot of the reasons up earlier. But let me tell you about something that made the difference. Their customer support service. They don´t have such a thing. They have somehting waaaay better: a customer success service that really helps and care about their users

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign is a first-class service. MailRelay wasn´t. And as I told you before: I´m a choosy guy

A great platform for email automation

Overall, I’m an advocate for ActiveCampaign because I’ve had many more positive experiences than negative.

Pros

The software is comparable with other tools which make it nice & more stress-free when integrating.

Cons

The email builder tool (specifically the text block) has some serious problems. Sometimes you can paste something or select text and the entire text is deleted or shown in a different font/size. I’ve used this tool since 2016 and have always had trouble with this. Even when pasting plain text or using their own native personalization fields. A large percentage of the community has mentioned this in Facebook groups and it seems like it’s a low priority considering they continue to release new features in other categories. The basics need some work in my opinion. The campaign analyzing tools could use some major upgrades as well as they seem to also have been neglected.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Initially, we decided to use it because another tool we used relied on it. After using it for a year or so, we had the opportunity to switch and decided to stick with it.

Barry from Neon Wedding

Simple, affordable, effective

Pros

For my size company (startup <10), it's easier to manage, affordable and does what's required better than Infusionsoft/keap, Hubspot and others we've attempted to move to - but keep coming back. There's necessarily a degree of complexity that a non-dedicated resource needs to handle and AC does this really well. It's a tool of my business, not the main event.

Cons

It may exist, though I've never stumbled across it, but an opportunity to learn from the benefit of others - we shouldn't have to discover, learn and trial everything if others with similar needs have done so in the past. Remove inefficiency from my adoption of the platform.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

We'll likely move to Ontraport when our needs become more complex but for now, AC delivers what we need and may yet grow such that we don't need to transition.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Hubspot is great if you have the resources - time, money & people - to make it work for you. We didn't

Active Campaign has been a Game Changer for Our Business

It's been a wonderful experience all in all using AC for our businesses

Pros

Incredibly powerful marketing automation. We've been able to set and forget so much in terms of marketing emails thanks to this powerful system so we can focus more on our customers.

Cons

Lacks a useful mobile app for Android. The email editor is rather clunky and can be frustrating at times, especially with regard to the "undo" function. The image selector/inserter is also terrible.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The features for the price was a wonderful combination for us.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

We needed more powerful features.

B.A. from Ingram & Associates, LLC

Best tool I have purchased to manage my customer/client relations and workflow

All I can say is I wish I had known about ActiveCampaign at the beginning of the year because I could have saved a lot of money experimenting with other products that had less capability and functionality than ActiveCampaign.

Pros

ActiveCampaign ease if use is one of the best and the customer service is awesome. I have gotten nothing but great support and assistance in creating automatons that have help me immensely in setting up my new workflows. There is not a day that goes by that I a am not using ActiveCampaign to create more effective and efficient ways to communicate with my customers.

Cons

Although the software in a bit expensive, compared to some others the features outweigh the cost it would require to have several tools do the tasks of ActiveCampaign.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

After installing the trial and using it for a few weeks I begin to see the power of the software and what it could do for my business. Then during several training calls, one-on-one help sessions and friendly emails the customer service made my decision to upgrade and use the product easy. I am so glad I did.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Did not have the functionality I needed to manage my customer relations and integrations were also lacking.

Skye from Free The Wage Slave

Over 100+ Projects Built Using ActiveCampaign

Overall highly positive and I continue to recommend it.

Pros

The marketing automation is the most powerful at its price point and the system continues to develop beyond this into new and interesting areas (e.g. landing pages)

Cons

Segmentation struggles to use combined queries - if you ask for query A and Query B together, you think you'd get ONLY the contacts who appear in BOTH lists. In reality you get all of the contacts on query A and B together - this needs improvement.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Better features at a lower price.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Better features at a lower price.

Nikki from Green Okie LLC

Great Alternative to Hubspot

The implementation process and Hubspot migration could have been better. I had a negative customer service experience when migrating using the ActiveCampaign migration services. There was almost no clear communication from the lead on the project. I had to ask repeatedly in multiple different ways to get updates on the progress of the migration and it was late. Granted we have been dealing with a life changing global pandemic but I don't think that working from home should impact your communication with customers - especially when you are running late.

Pros

I moved my company over to Active Campaign because we needed a more inexpensive alternative to Hubspot. We are a small company that needed the tools provided by software like Hubspot & Active Campaign without the huge pill. we were able to save over $6000/year by switching with minimal functionality differences.

Cons

So far the software is great. I have had no major problems and the customer service team is super helpful.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Pricing. Again we were able to save over $6000 per year by moving to active campaign from Hubspot.

Lisa from Lisa Bollow

More features + excellent training resources

I love ActiveCampaign and recommend it to all of my clients. I've been a user for over 7 years and have never looked for a new solution because I trust that ActiveCampaign will continue to add the features that will keep our email marketing on the cutting edge.

Pros

Excellent integration with lead tracking and tagging and easy to set up automation and triggers to help you stay on top of your analytics.

Cons

Sometimes the text editor is a little wonky but that's a small issue that only arises occasionally.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

More features and better analytics.

Price and ease of use.

Monika from The Wayfinding Entrepreneur

Blown away by what's possible, the easy of use, and the support

I used both Mailchimp and AWeber before but I'm absolutely blown away by the ease of use and the many options that ActiveCampaign provides, making it a complete system.

Pros

I love the combination of email marketing, segmentation, dynamic content, lead scoring and integrated sales process management. It's easy to learn and set up. The induction process and the library are very helpful to get started quickly. ActiveCampaign is for me the tool that goes far beyond email marketing. The support and on-boarding call are amazing.

Cons

There are many options that I'm not using right now, simply because I don't have time to learn more about them at the moment.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign provides all options I need and even more at an affordable price.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I was looking for options that only ActiveCampaign provides at an affordable price level.

Tanja from Tanja Baumann

Best Tool so far

Pros

I use it for myself and for clients, so I got to know most systems, and AC ist by far the best. Intuitiv, with a lot of great features. Easy to handle and to learn. Their webinars are great and if they do events in your area you should go there.

Cons

When you have a feature in your plan and the exclude it from the plan you don´t get a message and realize some time later, that it is not working anymore.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I already knew it from my clients

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Needed more features to automate my business

Rebecca from Purify Your Body

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Way better than InfusionSoft

As the sole owner of a growing small business, I finally decided I needed "help" in the way of marketing automation. So that is why I turned to ActiveCampaign. It has been less than 6 months since I have signed up and so far it is going good and is helpful. The transition over from Constant Contact was a struggle for me since I don't like change. However I knew this change was a good one.

Pros

It is easy to maneuver through the dashboard and create campaigns. It is affordable and for a small business (only me) with over 6,000 customers the price point is WAY better than InfusionSoft.

Cons

It took a long time for onboarding. I wish they were able to complete it within one single week vs over the span of a month.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

InfusionSoft does not have a price point that is reasonable for the small business with lots of customers. It seems like they would prefer to have you keep your contacts in the hundreds vs growing to the thousands. Their pricing structure shows that.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I made the switch because Constant Contact was getting to be extremely expensive (basically when my database went from 4998 to 5001 contacts, just 3 contacts increase, my monthly fee doubled!

Paul from Outerloop Coaching

I keep recommending AC to everyone but my competitors...

Pros

AC was easy to set up and, even better, has retained everything I built it to do. It is sometimes months between times I build new funnels for my email list and it gets easier and easier to do each time - I don't have to re-learn the system and it's intuitive enough I don't forget enough to make it hard for myself. There are plenty of great YouTube videos from other users on successful funnels to build so there is a strong community to lean on for ideas and assistance, but AC's customer service has always been very responsive and helpful as well. AC has become the engine of my side-hustle. For my tech stack, some pieces are optional. AC is most definitely not.

Cons

Reports are AC's weakest link. I am a data nerd, so I would love to see much more perspectives on my users' activity so I can better target and segment some users over others. I want to see my open rate over time, not just from one email campaign to the next. And I want to be able to easily drill down in to what inspires opens over others (subject line analysis!). Alas, this is the area AC falls down. But again, as long as the functionality is great (which it is) I'll cope on the reporting until it improves.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Mautic was shutting down its terrible free version so I needed to make a switch anyway - my as well go with a highly recommended product. Great switch I wish I'd done much sooner.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,267 reviews