• Pros

• "Great, nice looking program. Very easy to follow and use. Nice campaign and CRM features"

• "I love the number of features this platform has."

• "Amazing UI. Huge feature List. Amazing deep data connection with woocommerce. Value is amazing and the reason I came to AC and will stay."

• Cons

• "I think the price point is pretty good but it doesn't make it easy to export the customers and data to a different platform to avoid paying a small fortune by inadvertently growing too quickly."

• "The designer for emails can be a bit tedious to do in the first build. But afterward, it can be saved as a template and can be reused easily. "

• "ActiveCampaign is a very useful tool, but it can take a little time to get used to."

Browse ActiveCampaign Reviews

David J. from The Bradley Business Group, Inc.

If you had to recommend one marketing automation tool for small business, here it is

I refuse to ever tell a client there's a single software in any category that they should use without proper investigation further, but I have yet to run into a time where ActiveCampaign wasn't a massive improvement to upgrade to from other tools of similar price but lesser capabilities, like MailChimp and ConstantContact. AC has been my own email marketing and marketing automation system for approximately five years now and I don't see myself moving away from it at any point. It's important for me to be aware of the tools on the market, and there are other great ones, but none that have been a worthwhile transition off AC for.

Pros

You have a massive amount of features available to you to handle basic email marketing, advanced marketing automation, behavioral automations, tagging and audience segmentation, and so on. That's just the basic package, too. More advanced packages introduce a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) aspect that is particularly helpful for sales teams, Lead scoring to help prioritize accounts for your sales teams to be more efficient, and dynamic content (among many other features).

Cons

There is little to see on the Cons. If I had to select something, I suppose the limit of three users on the Lite plan can be frustrating. However, it's typically safe enough for a small business, easy to share logins if needed, and the price and added features of upgrading to the Plus plan is quite affordable as well.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Best pricing for the features provided. It also integrates with everything I needed it to and they clearly are moving in a positive direction, always improving the product and introducing new and upgraded features.

Peggy from The Habitat Group

Industry: Publishing

Extremely User Friendly and Subscription Comes with Great Support

When my big company split up and sold off all of its individual brands, I went from having an email staff to me taking on that responsibility all myself. My staff had been using Hubspot and I did try to learn that platform but it was not intuitive, rather clumsy...and VERY expensive. And since we no longer had the deep corporate pockets we once had, I had to move to something that was lower priced and easy enough for me to be up and running quickly. I investigated about 4 difference platforms and settled on AC and have not been disappointed. I think I made a great choice that a non-tech person like me can use and won't break our small company bank.

Pros

I like the fact that someone like me, who has only ever written campaigns for others to create but now has to do everything myself, can get up to speed pretty quickly and now I feel very comfortable with the platform. Although there are some odd, small nuances in the drag and drop, that functionality is really good and let's me create my campaigns quickly and easily.

Cons

For the most part, this is a great tool, but there are a few things I would like to see addressed. The first one was just addressed recently and you can now "undo." Not having an undo and instead looking at a bunch of dropdown times was not efficient, so kudos to AC for fixing that! I would also like to be able to search my images by keyword...that would save me a ton of time. Also, and this one would really be helpful...I find that creating a suppression file is an awkward process. I would like to be able to choose and list to send to and a list to suppress against that send list. Creating the segment for the suppression is not intuitive and I get confused with that.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I am not a millennial. I am not a technical person. And, I had never had to create email campaigns in the past...I've only ever had to write copy for them. AC enabled someone like me to create and blast my own campaigns easily and the ramp-up learning time was pretty short. I also like their customer care...although my rep recently left and his replacement is not quite as attentive, it's great to have an actual person to help me when I need it.

Charles from AZVR

Disorganized & Frustrating

Our overall experience was pretty negative, one of the more challenging and time wasteful business relationships we have had in quite some time.

Pros

Our account rep was quite helpful initially and our experience getting set up went fairly smoothly. After the inital set up our account rep pretty much disappeared but when we pressed her to become involved she did set up a call and was helpful.

Cons

The company has some fairly significant problems related to intracompany communications between departments. The old adage the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing fits Active Campaign perfectly based on our exeprience. About 6 months in we set up a call with our account rep whose analysis was that our account was doing very well from any analytics perspective with very high relative open rates and fairly low/acceptable spam reports, but the bery next day we received an email from a different person and department indicating that our spam complaints were too high and they suspended our service. It was an exptremely poor experience and given the spam numbers displayed on the Active Campaign admin panel made no sense at all. Qe also had a similar negative experience during the onboarding process with our account rep being totally out of the loop. The initial onboarding problems almost caused me to go in a different direction and looking back on it I wish I had folowed my gut instincts at that time, had I made the correct decision and chosen a different provider it would have saved us a lot of time that ended up being wasted.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I have since migrated to Sendgrid and have had a much better experience.

Kevin from MrWork

The automations work like a charm

We are using Mailblue, which is a certified partner of ActiveCampaign and makes their software available in my native language and with Dutch support. This makes it quite easy to get support when you need it. We were looking for a tool with e-mail, automation and lead scoring features. As we didn't have any in-house knowledge about these (especially the tools), I've done some research. ActiveCampaign came out as the tool with the best functionalities for the best price (through Mailblue). This made me decide to start a demo, and eventually get the software. So far, it does exactly what I need and at this time it doesn't cost me a lot of time to figure out how to use it. The only thing is we currently don't really use the lead scoring mechanism as it needs a lot of tweaking (on our side). But as all other features are working really well for me, we're still happy users of the software.

Pros

The flexibility of the tool is something I really like. It's quite easy to use your own email templates, which are (as long as you keep it simple) completely adjustable as well as responsive. Besides that, the automation part is working like a charm. By using your own tags and fields you can practically do anything you want.

Cons

I am still trying to figure out how to set up a link with our current CRM. As ActiveCampaign has their own CRM built in, this is not one of the key futures. For our business however, we only use ActiveCampaign for the e-mail marketing and automations (so only the marketing department is using this tool). The entire company is built on the use of our CRM, so we'd like to see all of the ActiveCampaign data on there for a complete report.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The main reason was pricing, but I've also had some good referrals of other users. In the end the Dutch support (through Mailblue) made me decide to go for ActiveCampaign.

John from The Anti Marketer

The best software for your online business and online shop

I am not an affiliate yet I love Active Campaign, so easy to use. The times I have contacted support, they are responsive and helpful.

Pros

I absolutely love ActiveCampaign. I have 2 accounts for my 2 businesses and have approx 10+ customers using it also for their online marketing endeavours. It is my go to software that I recommend to all customers. I love how the software is cheap for a startup but also offers really high level of integration for advanced customers. It is solid, easy to use and I cannot honestly recall having an issue with it. It has strong reporting and I love the integration features for Woo Commerce and Shopify also.

Cons

The only thing that is missing from ActiveCampaign is a simple checkout / payment type offering. So connecting to Paypal / Stripe is doable but not seamless. Apart from that I love it.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Quite simply it was better!

Geir from Havsule Digital

This blew my mind

Fantastic!! And extraordinary follow up by their team! Tons of free personal 1:1 help, which I never expected.

Pros

Switched to ActiveCampaign from Pipedrive via ConvertKit and Keap - this is something else. I am so impressed. Very easy to use and well laid out, it is easy to create some of the most robust automated customer follow ups I have seen. AC blows the other softwares out of the water. It works, it is easy to understand and it is the most powerful peace of software I have seen in years. I am so pleased my grin goes all the way around my head.

Cons

Customer service gave 8-10 min waiting time on their chat support these days, and that is just not good enough.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Tried Keap, but their software are very cumbersome to use compared with ActiveCampaign. Used two weeks with help from a keap consultant and was still not near to be up and running. Used two days in AC on my own, as comparison. Further on Keap does not support country soesific characters in customers names, so I could not import my list, a ton of stuff does not work outside US, so it turned out there was not much left we could actually use. The rock at marketing, but the software - not for us!!

Carlos from VoKalo

The best CRM I have worked with

Very smooth. It is all very logical, and I had no problem implementing everything I needed.

Pros

The delivery rate is impressive. I always had problem with another providers, but with ActiveCampaign none of my subscribers complain about not receiving emails. The other thing that I LOVE is the power of the automation system. With this CRM I have finally do what I needed to do.

Cons

The price. It is a VERY good CRM in my opinion, but it is expensive. I feel that I don't need every feature, but I'm still paying for them (I'm a very small business). I pay it happily, but it still hurts :)

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

They were far inferior, in my opinion. Not the same features, and very hard to use (specially MailChimp automations).

Monica from Marketing Strategy Coaches

Solid Tool

As a business, we've had a great experience with AC and recommend it often to our clients who are looking for a reliable solution.

Pros

This is a solid tool that has a ton of capability. Has great functional options however and love that the CRM is included with a lot of growing tools.

Cons

There is much room for improvement in terms of design build and UX - especially for those small businesses who are not seasoned in using these kinds of tools. It is super difficult to edit the emails, just very finicky, and not easy to make it "beautiful". I also think that it needs to have an easy mobile editing option since 75% of users most likely open emails on their phones.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

It has solutions that go beyond just the email. It starts to become the hub for all things communcation.

Brian from TankeStop

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great tool at a reasonable Price

I finally found a preferred email marketing tool

Pros

What I like most is the tagging features, that make it easy and intuitive to segment your customers

Cons

I can seem complex because it has so many features, but the initial overwhelm is more than made up for in power

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Because it had many premium features at a reasonable price

Kat from 56 Vibes Services

The more I use ActiveCampaign, the more I'm liking it

Having experienced three other list management services over the last 10 years, I'm a growing fan of ActiveCampaign. Don't imagine I'll consider migrating to anything else in the foreseeable future.

Pros

There was more of a learning curve than I expected. However, once over the hump it's gotten easier and more intuitive to use. That's helped immensely by the excellent training videos and articles available. Also, truly appreciated being able to talk directly with knowledgeable staff members who helped answer my questions both before I purchased and as I began using the software.

Cons

Still think it's a bit pricey for 500-1000 subscribers.

Brian from Aespire Marketing

The right combination of power, flexibility, and price

I migrated to Active Campaign after being certified on a top-rated automation platform, and from a direct competitor that did not have an easy-to-use and elegant email editor.

Pros

The two features that make ActiveCampaign powerful for me are the ease and elegance of creating email templates and campaigns, and the robust automation features. I've been able to accomplish everything I need. The email build is superb. I've been able to integrate Active Campaign via Zapier to every other platform we use.

Cons

The recent activity panel could be more compact and robust. The overall dashboard could be more informative for at-a-glance assessment of activity. I do wish it included landing page features. I do wish the saved elements could be edited in the email builder and that there was more of a true "style" system with reusable and editable master elements.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Price, email builder, automation builder

Best Marketing Automation platform for small and medium enterprises

I have used different marketing automation platforms and ActiveCampaign is now the best one I can recommend for begginers and SME.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has all the features that other "premium" platforms also have, but the price and the fast set up are totally a game changer. In a few steps you can provision a marketing automation platform with all the capabilities.

Cons

For high database and high sending volumes, maybe it's not the best option. Large campaigns could take time in sending.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

More plans and options available. More flexibility and options in automations. Great community and integrations with most popular platforms.

Carmelo from Jweb Modica

Complete and flexible with a great API

My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

Pros

Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp. But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

Cons

The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

API system is very flexible and simple for use. We where able to connect with wordpress Gravity forms, with a Vanilla PHP script and with Opencart.

Néstor from Néstor Marquínez

This guys know how to do things the right way

Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Pros

Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of: - Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesn´t get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, I´me really happy the way they´re handling things on this department - Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and I´m a choosy guy, you know). - It´s scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, you´ll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you don´t have to switch companies never again.

Cons

I´m a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I´ve already covered a lot of the reasons up earlier. But let me tell you about something that made the difference. Their customer support service. They don´t have such a thing. They have somehting waaaay better: a customer success service that really helps and care about their users

Tanja from Tanja Baumann

Best Tool so far

Pros

I use it for myself and for clients, so I got to know most systems, and AC ist by far the best. Intuitiv, with a lot of great features. Easy to handle and to learn. Their webinars are great and if they do events in your area you should go there.

Cons

When you have a feature in your plan and the exclude it from the plan you don´t get a message and realize some time later, that it is not working anymore.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I already knew it from my clients

Sarah from Content Nitro

Exceptional for email marketing

I love Active Campaign, and I highly recommend them if you wish to have a great email marketing aspect of your business.

Pros

Firstly, the automations for this software are incredible. They are intuitive and can create a customer journey that is dynamic and a positive experience at the same time. Active Campaign integrates with all the tools that I use for marketing from Facebook Ads to my data capture forms and of course my website. The event tracking and dynamic (conditional) content is superb. I've never experienced anything as good from another company.

Cons

I don't like the forms, they're ugly. I'm sure I could make them better but life's too short and they work well for other people.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Cost, and usability. I wanted email marketing software that I could use and not need a degree in quantum engineering to understand.

Abby from United Way of Greater St. Louis

I want to switch us exclusively to ActiveCampaign

Pros

In a perfect world, I would love to convince my org to allow us to switch exclusively to ActiveCampaign. We currently use a very popular, over-built, over-priced platform (which I will not name) that does not fulfill our needs. We don't use a lot of the features our current platform offers, which makes the experience unnecessarily complicated and clunky. I just want to build a simple email, send it easily and track engagement. That's it, and ActiveCampaign fits this bill. That's not to say ActiveCampaign is so simple it's lacking; in my opinion, it's not at all. Using ActiveCampaign is foolproof. You can't mess up. It literally walks you through the email process step by step without jumping through all the unnecessary hoops. You can teach yourself the platform in no time. A few highlights worth mentioning: When building your email, you can simply copy/paste as plain text directly into the email and it will automatically format the text for you. Our current platform requires us to go into the coding screen to do this. Elements are drag and drop. Sure, you can code if you want, but you can make some great designs without. A minor feature I find super helpful: It remembers the last sender profile and list you used and defaults to that. LOVE that. Importing new contacts is super simple. Tracking: so easy. Instead of having to toggle through multiple screens to look at a user's history, you can see it all clearly in one spot.

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints about ActiveCampaign. I will say that they do charge extra if you exceed your plan's contacts limit. Which is understandable; every platform does this. All in all, it's a very affordable option.

Chris from PTAA

Love AC!

Customer service has always been helpful.

Pros

This is one of the easiest to use marketing and CRM software I have used! I switched several years back from another provider and wish I would have done it sooner!

Cons

The only thing I would like to see more of are the templates. There are some but building up the automation templates would be great.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

AC was priced the best for the best software.

Declan from Simply Responsive

Industry: Publishing

Powerful marketing automation tools, CRM, and the power to understand your audience.

Setting Activecampaign for a client with a limited budget and limited technical skills, we were able to set up and automate many of the lead funnels for this B2B SAAS company. The tools are comparable to what you'll pay 10X for, and one of the features I love about Activecampaign are their Marketing Automation Workflows - allowing you to setup, segment, and activate the inactive. By using this tool, we achieved 25% open rates in the HR industry where 10% is often average; by integrating the online tools with our inbound marketing Team - both phone and online support - we were able to increase sales Demos 10X over the previous 6 months because Activecampaign helped us motivate the inactive, as well as those who take action. One of the tools I recommend most to clients is Activecampaign because it's performance marketing at a reasonable price.

Pros

Marketing automation tools and templates Deliverability excellent in our experience CRM was enough for our needs, helping coordinate 5 staff. Can use in Gmail, which helped our non-Tech sales people. Reporting that helps quantify engagement and ROI

Cons

CRM was not the strongest, yet enough for our needs Marketing automation services generally are separate from emails you send to larger lists in my approach. Would like an option for sending mail outside the automation to lists, but that may simply be different skill sets (haven't found a solution we like).

Austin from Marketer as a Service

The Best Kept Secret in Marketing Automation

Pros

ActiveCampaign is one of the best kept secrets in the marketing world. The automation builder is both easy-to-use AND powerful. You can trigger actions and segment by almost any criteria you can imagine. In a lot of ways, the automation builder rivals the (what I consider) best-in-class solutions such as Marketo. The email builder is intuitive and the template library comes with a lot of good looking emails to start from. Zero HTML/CSS needed. The built-in SMS messaging is really cool and somewhat unique in the industry. Building an automation consisting of emails and SMS messages is drag and drop, with no integrations needed. While it's limited (as of today) the CRM is really intuitive and clean. If they continue to add functionality in this area they may have something incredible in a couple years. Importing contacts is simple and goes far beyond the typical CSV file. Google contacts, Google Sheets, other email providers. no problem. Possibly the best import tools I've seen in this industry.

Cons

The most obvious one is the lack of a landing page builder. Having landing pages in the tool would be ideal, but solutions such as LeadPages can be easily integrated. Having to pay for email compatibility testing (for different devices) is a bit annoying, feels like you're being "nickel and dimed." The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really hoping they invest in this area (much more important than having built-in landing pages in my view), as it would really elevate the solution and make it an easy choice vs the Infusionsofts of the world.

Marco from Sinesy

One of the best marketing automation software

Pros

ActiveCampaing is easy to use but its modular approach allows you to do very complex things. I really like the automation features. ActiveCampaign is also integrated with most e-commerce and online services.

Cons

It does not yet have native GDRP management. Numerous configurations are required to comply with the standards.

Great ESP for Mid-Large Size Organizations

Pros

My favorite part about ActiveCampaign is the automation features. Using this Automations, you can set up complex marketing email campaigns. I use this to develop a welcome series and a reactivation series for people on our list who stop engaging.

Cons

The part that I did not like is very simple. There is no "Undo" button in the email editor interface. Control + Z doesn't work either. You would think for a basic email design interface an undo option would be standard.

Kareem from Digital Design Library

Worth the money

I've used ActiveCampaign (with the help of Zapier) to gather all my contacts, tag them, and manage their engagement and send out my weekly newsletters. I'll eventually use it to go after more specific people for opportunities.

Pros

There are two main features that I love about ActiveCampaign, the first one is the support, ActiveCampaign do an amazing job with customer service, onboarding, answering questions, and providing the right training material. The second is that tiered approach to functionality, it can be as simple as a email tool, or as complex as a full blown CRM and that really gives flexibility.

Cons

I think one the user interface is slightly outdated, it seems like if it was modernized it can become a bit easier to digest.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Free trial, slick onboarding, functionality, referrals from everyone have been great.

Nick from Thorium Infolytics

Get Great Bang For Your Buck

Pros

1. Integrates with almost every major platform on the planet either directly or through Zapier. 2. Set up is pretty straightforward. 3. Great product if you are looking for a central automation hub with email marketing 4. Customer Support is pretty good. 5. Pricing is very reasonable for what you get. 6. Less challenging to learn that many competitors 7. Great online learning resources

Cons

--Text Messaging Setup isn't exactly easy to figure out if you are new. --Learning automation with AC as a whole isn't for the faint of heart for newbies --Sometimes support can be a bit slow to respond and it depends on who you get. Some of the support team aren't well trained --Paying a pro to help you can be expensive.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Ease of use, price and simplicity to learn.

Solid Email Marketing/CRM Solution for Small Businesses

ActiveCampaign is a great value for the variety of tools that it provides.

Pros

ActiveCampaign specializes in providing email marketing solutions with an intuitive, visual (albeit a bit slow) interface for creating and sending email campaigns and logical drips (i.e. If Email A opened send Email B or else send Email C). The CRM is a nice add-on if you don't already have a way to manage your client relationships.

Cons

The CRM is quite clunky and doesn't have the power and flexibility of platforms that were designed with that functionality in mind.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Easier to use and more features

Catherine from Speak LLC

Affordable Automation

I needed something more robust than Mailchimp, but I didn't want to invest in an enterprise-level automation tool. ActiveCampaign fits that spot nicely for me. I have what I'd consider enterprise-level features with respect to automation and behavior tracking, but at a much lower price point.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has a very deep feature set for the price. Yes, you can build and send emails, and that part works just fine. But the automation features are the standout, as you can build out rich engagement pathways based on user interactions.

Cons

The email editor can sometimes be buggy. If I copy a sent campaign to create a new one and then make changes, sometimes the changes don't save. I've made it a habit to make the change, save and exit. Then I'll go back in to the editor before sending out a test. Otherwise, I'll send the test and some of my changes revert to the old version for some reason. Also, there's not an easy "undo" in the editor. The application stores revisions and you can revert to prior revisions, but that seems more complicated than a simple undo button.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign allows me to build automations using pageviews on the website as a trigger. Hubspot can do this also, but it costs more and comes with many other features that I probably wouldn't use.

Jaciel from Hemp Mentor

Love this service

Good solid software with great automation tools.

Pros

Easy user interface, automation, support, GDPR requirements included.

Cons

I can’t name much here, they have been really helpful in my user experience.

Automation, GDPR options and support

Larry from G7 Digital Marketing

Easy Choice

AC allows you to get up and running quickly. The visualization makes it simple and quick to setup automations that would take me 5 times longer using other software. Form builder allows fields to be automatically populated in AC when a prospect opts in within one of my funnels without any need for a zap. The forms also include useful built in actions to make it quick and easy for setup.

Pros

Easy setup. Visualized automations. Form builder easily integrates with my funnel

Cons

Had to use a couple workarounds to get one of my Zaps to work. Integration with Google Sheets has not produced the exact result I’m looking for and I was told by support that it would require custom development.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

We chose AC because the we’re flexible with their trial which allowed us to complete evaluate the software. This enabled us to build automations during the trial period which made it clear this was the software for us.

Tea from Weblicious Solutions

The best tool for email marketing, segmentation and contact management

The best on the market, as it has advanced marketing, segmentation and targeting options and it's easy for clients (not tech savvy) to use.

Pros

Easy to use, the best value for money. Advanced features that most softwares don't offer unless you pay $$$$

Cons

Email designer is sometimes clunky. There should be an 'undo'/redo' option when designing. More fonts.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

considering Infusionsoft was the best at the time - and the AC was the only one on the market that had advanced tools, like contact scoring, interest tagging etc...there was no better option. Keep up the good work :)

Mylvio from NUACOM

Very Flexible Product

A very powerful software that helps us save time, automate processes, scale the business.

Pros

The automation system is really powerful. We can do almost everything within it to achieve our primary goals.

Cons

The UI is a bit old, but you get used to it. The filters for the fields in searching functionality can be improved so we can search for terms in a particular column.

The best for value.

Joan from Joan Marco

Solo necesita mejorar el editor

La estoy explotando poco, la verdad. Tengo un autoresponder y monto lanzamientos propios. Envío la newsletter mensual desde ahí y hago crecer la base de datos. No estoy trabajando muy a tope el email marketing, cosa que debería... Pero todo llegará.

Pros

Muuuy bien las opciones de segmentación al enviar campañas y el montaje de embudos. Tiene muchas opciones y no es especialmente complicado. Se basa en etiquetas y listas, lo cual está genial porque da muchas alternativas.

Cons

Sin duda, el editor de emails. Cuando vas a escribir uno no funciona muy allá y parece bastante arcaico. Es muy raro que una herramienta tan completa tenga ese editor tan flojo.

Lynsey from Elite VA Limited

Industry: Executive Office

Incredible System

I help clients build and create funnels hence why I used ActiveCampaign daily.

Pros

The integration with the business is incredible, moving from Mailchimp to Activecampaign was seamless with their migration option. I also recommend Activecampaign to all clients as I feel it has the best offering for list building and growing a community.

Cons

It doesn't have a landing page builder, if you were able to implement that, that would be amazing!

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The automation setup was far more superior.

Stephanie from Ethno Travels

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I always recommend Active Campaign to everyone cause I like it so much!!!

Active Campaign allows me to better know my audience, their needs and push them to directly interact with my emails. It pushed me to reorganise my contact menu and homepage,segmenting between tourism companies and travellers + according to the type of service (guiding/consulting) or place (Basque Country/Asia). The guides and blog articles gave me a lot of new ideas. It also seems my subscribers buy more from my affiliate links.

Pros

I shifted from MailChimp to Active Campaign mainly because I wanted to to segment my audience. It is awesome to be able to send customised content and my audience engagement is awesome, just as the number of new subscribers. It provides me more than expected as it also forced me to make my offer clearer and my marketing better

Cons

It's necessary to take time to understand how the tool works. But it worths it and normal as it's a very powerful tool so the process can be complex. I think adding someone in the middle of an existing automation could be done easier. Adding a if condition takes too much time. I'd like to be able to click on an email and just add the person.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

First, it's the tool recommended by my Australian business coach. Second, the ratio quality/price is perfect for my actual need. I could also do the free trial and see it was exactly what I was in need.

Allen from Premier Spine and Sport

Packs a punch and scales with your company

allows me to keep in touch with leads and current clients when I don't have as much time to follow up since I am a solopreneur

Pros

Easy to use/intuitive, massive facebook group of users you can bounce ideas off of, incredible support system with webinars, and 1:1 trainings, pre built "recipes"

Cons

take a bit to get used to the terminology and how to build something out if you have never used a CRM/automation builder

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

cost and difficulty to use

Stephen from Modern Musician

Industry: Music

Best Email CRM That Exists

Will never use another CRM!

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use, and the automations are insanely advanced & user-friendly. Perfect software for any business.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about ActiveCampaign. I have used many CRMs, and nothing compares.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

My mentor recommended it.

Tom from CONVERTS

Industry: Online Media

Best E-Mail Automation Software at an affordable price

Customer service is very good and fast. Software simply works as described and for such a vital part of your business like e-mail automation it is great to have a stable software.

Pros

The feature set AC comes with is excellent considering its low price point. You have everything you look for in an e-mail automation software and with the recent design overhaul it is a pleasure to use. Very easy to customise the e-mail layouts and building automations is very fast after you got to know how it works.

Cons

The many features you have within the software kind of make it a steep learning curve. Other than that there is nothing I could complain about.

Better price.

Millie from Showcase Workshop

Great value marketing automation platform.

Pros

The marketing automation side of the software is excellent as is the customer support. We are very happy that we upgraded to a package that includes an account manager - she is very responsive and helpful. The outline/map view of automations works great on all screen sizes - I can work with it as easily on my laptop as I can on my desktop and this was a big difference compared to our previous marketing automation software. Campaign / newsletter set up is easy and reporting on campaign performance is detailed and insightful. The iPhone app is really user friendly for quick updates to the CRM - tasks and notes - on the go.

Cons

I find the CRM / Deal reporting a little simplistic. I would really like to be able to get more detailed information such as detail of deals by user and ability to filter deals based on the lead source. The List Clean Up feature doesn't allow you to preview your list before it deletes contacts. eg. if I want to clean up bounced or unsubscribed contacts I only have one choice and that is to delete them all, I can't preview that list and cherry pick. Neither can I seperate the bounced list by bounce type. These would be really good features to have.

Ivan from The Haitian Project

Up and coming email marketing platform that needs to fix minor issues

It's a cheaper alternative to a product like pardot that we considered using. But, it just has minor issues that made it not worth it for us in the end.

Pros

It's very cheap for the services they offer. There is a great amount of customization and especially through the automation that is very extensive. Also, there are pre-made automations for you to use if you don't understand how to make your own, but either way the guides they have everything you need to know on how to make your own. Also, customer service is amazing. They truly went out of their way to make our transition to the product better and even did all the exporting of our email contacts from Emma to them easy to do.

Cons

Minor issues that can be annoying. The builder is wonky. Not like a lot of the other email marketing services we have worked with. Sometimes campaigns we start on go away. Also, very importantly is that emails sent don't come out looking well for those that use outlook! Very bad thing that needs to be fixed.

Sonia from Meekbum

The easy of use is what makes it valuable

Pros

Easy to use, integrate and automate. I can know re-target several times the same costumer with different company and automate promotions to focus on the business side.

Cons

High price for small online stores. You need to have a clear email marketing strategy, after you have it it pays for itself.

Robert from Captify

Amazing for everythine email marketing related

The software is great and allows me to keep everything organized. The integrations for some of the contracts and invoicing can be a pain but for the intended use of email marketing and keeping track of all your lists and Data it is awesome. I know they're working on building out the CRM side more so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before a lot of the features that I am looking forward to are in the platform

Pros

Easy to use Thorough with deep integrations with our payment processor Tracks emails and loggs them internally Task system is great Notes is very easy to use Mobile app is great Employee management of access is easy

Cons

The notes function can be inproved and easier to read Doesn't allow you to upload docs/contracts that are signed to company profiles - no automatic integrations for that either obviously

The best email automation software

The best email software I've used (tried AWeber, Mailchimp) and with the most features.

Pros

Automation. You are able to create complicated sales funnels that run on autopilot to maximise conversions and sales. For example, I integrate my ClickFunnels landing pages with ActiveCampaign. Leads receive automated follow up emails, and then further personalised emails based on whether they open or click on a link in an email.

Cons

It was very complicated at first. It would be good if they had YouTube tutorials to get you started, like with ClickFunnels.

A good option for marketing automation, with a nice CRM

ActiveCampaign is a solid platform. The CRM has nice communication options and the tagging system for contacts and in-the-moment segmentation are nice touches. The automation builder is a little clunky and, while it has lots of options, has fewer than some other platforms. The Salesforce sync is clunky to set up, but the customer service and support are incredible. We’re probably able to do more with ActiveCampaign than some competitors, just because ActiveCampaign really takes the time to support their users.

Pros

ActiveCampaign offers a lot at a reasonable price point. The tagging system is a great innovation in contact-sorting. The built-in CRM and Salesforce integration make it easy to communicate with contacts and keep track of those relationships. The email studio is refreshingly usable. Active campaign’s support and customer service are truly second-to-none.

Cons

The Salesforce sync, while convenient, is bulky and requires finesse to use. The automation options are a little limited compared to some competitors.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

When we were evaluating a new marketing automation platform, we felt that ActiveCampaign gave us the most functionality for our money.

Phil from TribeVM

Simple & Powerful

The experience has been very positive. Top support and very straightforward to operate.

Pros

I'm very visual and truly appreciate how I can set up the automation with ActiveCampaign. Everything about the system is easy to use and extremely powerful. I always recommend ActiveCampaign to clients who are struggling with their CRM.

Cons

It would be very appealing if ActiveCampaign could have the API integration with Facebook like one of its competitors.

Best bang/buck.

Anthony from Media Production

Industry: Government Relations

"Does what is says and says what it does" It Just Works

Switched over from aweber / mailchimp and never looked back. Integrations with other apps is seamless and greatly adds value to the entire app ecosystem.

Pros

it just plain works. Easy to use, intuitive, and filled with features that are useful (no bloat)

Cons

not much. Pricing is attractive, features are what I need & are constantly expanding

cost & ease of use.

Advanced level email automation for SMB prices

Overall, it's a great email tool for startups and small businesses.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is a great step up from something like Mailchimp if you're going to test some automation features. IT's actually cheaper than Mailchimp and has automation features you'd expect in something like Hubspot.

Cons

I'd love to see some better automation templates to help people who are new to automation get started. That's something the more expensive tools do a good job with.

Konrad from All About Parenting

Great software for small business

I have tried different marketing automation platforms, but ActiveCampaign has proven to be the one right for SMEs or beginning marketing professionals that want to implement such solutions in their business.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is easy to set-up and use. It has all the basic features needed for online marketing, including email marketing and advanced marketing automation. The support is quick to respond and guide you through any issue. Easy to integrate with numerous other software services. The software is also initially inexpensive, so perfect solution for small business owners.

Cons

The cost of the monthly plan rises quickly as you build your contact database. Occasional bugs, like contacts lost in an automation after making some changes to it, but customer support was always there to resolve the issue.

One-stop shop for more than just emails

Active Campaign gives you a one-stop email marketing shop offering campaigns, automation, and even a CRM system that allows you to keep everything in one place.

Pros

Active campaign can handle a lot of your customer contact metrics. You can run email campaigns, track engagement, and retargeting campaigns. The software is easy and straightforward to use. With a grasp on how email marketing works, you can easily find your way around the software and get to the campaigns, contacts, lists, and automation you need to access. Also, your payment plan is based on the number of contacts you have, so if your contact is subscribed to multiple lists, you are not charged any extra.

Cons

The email editor is a bit plain. If you don't know coding, your emails will all look similar or you're stuck using the templates they provide, many of which look outdated. Integrations are available, but you have to be careful as some will fire off false tags or contact updates.

Ravi from Biocon

Industry: Biotechnology

Powerful automation system collaborating e-mail marketing and customer relationship management

Pros

If you select trigger, you can send emails to the targeted customers. The application is easy to use and is an affordable solution when compared to other similar applications. Presence of additional features like sort and organize and provision of filters by analyzing customer records based on their purchase lists and event engagements. Integrations to meet all business types. Integrates with Google applications like spreadsheets, docs etc. Sales pipeline component and the campaign automation features are the best for active campaigns. Templates available and you can create your own templates, with which you can work to personalize emails and add-on graphics. Assigning tags to each customer based on their interactions is another unique feature.

Cons

Attachment of an image to the email message is time-consuming. Real-time custom recording of events is absent. Manipulation of data and exporting feature is also absent. An outdated application program interface. It is an affordable solution but lacks a lot of features that similar automation systems have.

Elizabeth from Mindshare

If you want a tool whose objective is more income use ActiveCampaign

We use it to establish marketing and brand automation criteria. In addition, it also performs functions in the company as a trusted CRM that adapts to our general approach to market and customer acquisition. It is also very effective because it helps us to have a record of information on the interactions with customers, not only the data with whom the interaction is made but also during that meeting. It is a powerful tool that can do a lot with less and that will undoubtedly be of great importance after its first use in any project.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has been fundamental for me because I can maintain a relationship of customer data over time, which helps me to have a monitored profile and work based on your data. In addition to this, it has excellent support which has been kind, effective and fully functional. On the other hand, I use it full time because its strong deployment allows it. I also like it because I can have a totally effective marketing automation thanks to the flowchart that it provides.

Cons

The program is totally perfect. I have no complaints at all of any kind, I have done great projects with it and it has certainly been important for marketing purposes.

Alex from Gardner Business Media

Exactly what we needed our email marketing

Pros

ActiveCampaign has great delivery rates. We also love the automation tools and integrations. It makes our lives so much easier and saves a ton of time.

Cons

The software sometimes has some random errors or is slow. We'd also love some more bells and whistles, like being able to schedule exports and reports.