What are ActiveCampaign users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ActiveCampaign software through verified user reviews

1,679 Reviews

1,148

• icon"After the onboarding process is over with, you still have instant access to their help staff. The best: The help they give you."
  • icon"I just migrated to Active Campaign about a month ago. It came highly recommended to me, and it's clear that A.C. has a lot of amazing features that can grow with me over the years."
  • icon"An affordable and powerful solution ranging from simple email marketing to professional Marketing Solution."
  • icon"It can't stop spam machines created by bad actors. Spam contacts can get in."

Browse all ActiveCampaign Reviews

• Have you used ActiveCampaign and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,631 reviews

Rachel

The best ESP out there.

Elizabeth

June 2022

Has all the bells and whistles

Pros

Active Campaign integrates with everything making it super easy to pick up new apps knowing I don't need to use a go-between. It has everything I need, email marketing, campaigns, automation, and great analytics. It's easy to look up my contacts and see their journey. There's lots of detail and I appreciate that. Customer Care is great. I've used a lot of different systems and Active Campaign has a lot of bang for your buck.

Cons

It can be confusing especially when making if/then funnels, the terminology isn't intuitive. And it can be glitchy sometimes. Other than that, it works. It can be expensive, but if you want to scale then you need a good email/contact management app, and this fits the bill.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Convertkit wasn't connecting properly to my Kajabi site.

Susan

Finally.

The overall experience has been phenomenal. I imported my database and had everything set up and running in a day. The customer support team is knowledgeable and super friendly.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is the CRM I wish I would have chosen back in 2012 when I went with Infusionsoft. I love the automations. They are intuitive to build, easy to manage, and they flat out work. I love two way SMS via the deep integration with SalesMsg and that the convos get added to the contact record. And finally, I love the Deals feature which is the best and easily customizable sales pipeline software I've ever used.

Cons

One tiny thing I'd change is the contact merge feature. I prefer the ability to choose what fields to merge in a contact record instead of being forced to delete one.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

I did the HighLevel trial but couldn't get things to work properly after 2-weeks.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

I used Infusionsoft for years and then switched to Keap because of the baked in phone number and appointment scheduler. You can't add an automated 2-way text to a campaign sequence. If someone responds it says the number doesn't accept incoming messages. This creates a super poor customer experience. The appointment scheduler was useless because it won't allow you to redirect the customer to a custom URL after they book so it messed up my funnel tracking.

Alex

June 2022

Our company depend on this software

I have been using ActiveCampaign daily for several years now and it is one of the most important software we use in our company. I am very satisfied and I plan on using it for as long I stay in business.

Pros

Very easy and user-friendly. It doesn't require a huge and steep learning curve

Cons

Customer support used to be better before they grew up as big as they are now. They had a live chat on every page and we could ask for help easily. Now, the customer support page is buried and hidden and not as easy to find.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

It required less training at the beginning

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

The user interface on ActiveCampaign was friendlier and easier to use.

Letha

Best Value For Your Email Marketing Channel

In the 8 years that I've been setting clients up it's been worked great. The first client that I setup, still uses it! The features and options are what make AC our go to platform. Moving to AC often reduces our clients tech stack overhead.

Pros

The combination of the UI and all the features makes this a no-brainer for us. We can easily manage email marketing or set our clients up to do it. In no instance has this been a bad choice. Typically, what makes the difference from the existing platform is the automation features. Our clients get to benefit from automated workflows gaining more engagement without additional costs.

Cons

I only would like for the dashboard to be more customizable and lead data driven. I think the reporting can be presented better.

Features and costs.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp - ease of use, Pardot - ease of use and costs.

Jason

Automation Broken & Engineers Won't Fix

Kind & courteous customer service & onboarding. The chat support is decent & you can get questions answered; however, their achilles heel is that their engineering team is apparently asleep behind the wheel and not only don't fix bugs, but provide zero communication about fixing them.

Pros

Pricing is excellent, features are great, and the company is very innovative. Overall, I really want the relationship to work.

Cons

The automation rules are broken. I have one field update automation that's broken. It's a simple field update automation that says if field a) value = x, then update field b) to be y; however, it's broken and I sent ticket to them ~4 weeks ago. More importantly, I spend all of this time doing the implementation. ,and now their automated emails will not trigger. I submitted tickets to engineering ~4 weeks ago, and I haven't heard a PEEP from the engineers. They are kind enough to give me June service free; however, that's not what i actually want. I want the software to work so that all of the 100+ hours of time I've invested in building landing pages, automations, data imports, etc, can actually be realized.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

Because their sales team was courteous and knowledgeable, and you get a lot of value for your money.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

I moved CRM & support software to salesforce.com, so I saw ActiveCampaign and felt it was great value for the money. But that only applies if the software actually works as advertised.

March 2022

Active Campaign: Very good CRM on a budget

I totally recommend AC. There may be better options there like Hubspot, but AC is at a fraction of the cost and I think it covers most of what you could need as a small-medium company.

Pros

AC is a great solution, full of features that should be enough to cover Basic-To-Medium needs. It's very easy to use and the price is perfect for what you receive. Support is also great.

Cons

The reporting side of things is a bit limited, I miss better tools to report on what's going on in terms of campaign activations or simply status on deals and contacts.

Price and functionality

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

At the time (a few years ago) Mautic was fully of bugs. It may have improved by now.

Everything I wanted in marketing automation & more!

I'm blown away, to be honest. I never expected this much personal support from an ESP, and I keep winding up wonderfully surprised by just how much ActiveCampaign can do. I look forward to having this software grow with me and my business!

Pros

I made the switch to ActiveCampaign after using Mailchimp for years because I wanted the ability to get to know my contacts more intimately and to better communicate with them in personalized, relevant ways. I needed an email service provider, and what I got with ActiveCampaign was more - it's customer experience automation. I love how easy it is to get started, and how in depth this software is. The long I use it, the more I learn and am able to do with it. Also - the support from ActiveCampaign is AMAZING. I got stuck at one point early on, they could see I wasn't using the software, and someone reached out to me to help me get going again!

Cons

There is an intimidation factor, to be honest. ActiveCampaign can do SO MUCH, so when I was making the decision to switch, this caused me to pause. I was thinking - wow, it is going to take me a long time to learn this and it's frustrating to have to learn another software package. On advice from friends and colleagues in the entrepreneurial space, I decided it was worth the risk to try it out and see. And - it's true. There IS a lot. It DOES take time to learn and it is frustrating sometimes to learn how to do something that would have made things much easier if you knew it earlier.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign is best in class for what it does, and I decided on a strategy of choosing the best tool for the job rather than going the all in one route. I heard the best reviews about ActiveCampaign from within my network - that's what sealed the deal when I was making my final decision.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

I started running into the limitations of the Mailchimp platform. I couldn't personalize emails in the way I wanted, and I wasn't able to build complex automations.

Michelle

Had to switch from MailChimp

Pros

I like how straightforward and intuitive the software is. -- I can actually see a visual flow map of the customer journey, I can create automated series and then schedule them easily, I can create a standard template for my weekly video campaign and then customize it without revisiting old or pre-designed templates; I wasn't able to do any of those things intuitively with MailChimp. I have fewer than 400 subscribers right now, and I'm really glad to be making the switch now instead of later down the road. ActiveCampaign is where I want to build the foundation for my email marketing from here on out. Also, I had to buy a whole separate online course to learn how to use MailChimp and ActiveCampaign includes a startup course, "Getting Started," in their platform. Much appreciated! This is turning into a MailChimp critique, but the other thing I didn't like was how I couldn't just type directly into the body of the email like how a NORMAL email works; I had to write in a separate box to the side and it made it hard to see what the actual email would end up looking like sometimes.

Cons

Honestly I don't have any feedback about what to improve yet; I've been using ActiveCampaign for just a couple weeks.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

Some big online entrepreneurs that I highly respect [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Thrive Themes, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Consulting Accelerator) use ActiveCampaign, and I figure they're using the best of the best for online course/consulting business marketing.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

See response to first question... (everything I enjoy so far about ActiveCampaign has to do with how much more intuitive and easy it is compared to MailChimp).

Erin

Active Campaign

I had tried using several other free email services in the past. Getting people to actually sign up was nearly impossible, even offering discounts and more, hardly anyone ever clicked "subscribe"- Active campaign allowed me to create a pop up window integrated with my website design, that will only pop up once on the main page for first time viewers (or until the cache is cleared). I also created a secondary sign up page where people can go to sign up if they missed the pop-up. This has taken me to large numbers of sign-ups, plus allowed me a way to integrate a 10% off coupon for subscribers after their email was confirmed. This has lead to numerous coupon uses of that 10% off in my store, proving the use of the pop up and offer. I send out monthly emails, keeping my subscribers informed and up to date on what is going on, increasing regular visits to my site and bumping regular sales. The email system is very easy to use.

Pros

The sole reason I decided to start a free trial with this software was because of the complete customization allowed for your email sign-ups and pop-up windows. No one likes to click though email sign-ups that look out of place or run by a 3rd party. With this I could create a system that blended seamlessly with my current website, allowing everything to look 100% integrated into the site itself.

Cons

So far the system has more functionalities than I will likely ever use. However, this is not a 'dislike'. While there are many functions I don't currently need (or understand) there may be a day that I use them, and there are several tutorials and documents available to help me understand these other features. Nothing about the system so far could qualify as something I dislike.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

I accidentally clicked the wrong link. I was initially looking for a free service, but after customizing the pop-up and integrating it into my website, I was glad I did and decided the quality of this product was worth the price.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

I do not have the coding ability to create pop-ups or many other interactive options. I built and maintain my own website, but my knowledge is limited. I needed a way to get people to actually SEE that I had a mailing list, and optional links and banners were not doing the trick. I also wanted everything to be integrated on my website, to match colors and themes and look like it belongs there.

Troy

Fantastic Email Marketing Platform

As a digital marketing agency, we use all the major email platforms. Email/marketing creation, design and automation has become vital for our clients. AC provides a great design platform and in our opinion the best automation features for robust drip and funnel campaigns. It is now the only email marketing platform that I recommend to clients.

Pros

Of the major email marketing platforms ActiveCampaign, IMO, provides the best design capabilities, the best email automation functionality (drip funnels), and excellent list management.

Cons

While the platform does allow great and easy resend options, I wish it had the ability to make edits to the email body. You can edit the email campaign name and the subject line. But every once in a while you find the need to edit (or in our case a couple of times) correct some grammar from the original email prior to resending to the whole list or just to unopens.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Was going to switch to something and happy the team switched to ActiveCampaign. Campaigner is an archaic and really pretty horrible email platform to use.

Gustavo

Good Email Marketing Alternative

I found Active Campaign to be a nice alternative. Notwithstanding, I do think they are lacking some essential features I found on MailPoet, like a full integration with WordPress. Additionally, I found them to be a little more pricer than some competition.

Pros

It is multilingual The Interface is pretty nice There are very competitive price plans

Cons

It does not have any free tier alternative. There is no WordPress official integration They do not offer money-back guarantee

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

I found MailPoet to be a better choice than ActiveCampaign for my business needs, anyway, I would like to highlight ActiveCampaign as good alternative for those looking a standalone option. They do have a good interface, very nice email builder and get the job done.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

I was looking for a better alternative, with less known layouts and a better price tier. Anyway, Mailchimp seems to be still the right choice for thirdparty email marketing provider.

Amanda

ActiveCampaign, 4 Months In

Although I'm fairly new to AC, I manage it for multiple others at my organization, so I've been deeply entrenched in it for the last 4 months. The learning curve wasn't too steep, the onboarding/training were all very good, and any time I've had an issue, the Customer Service has been top notch. There are some minor issues that are clunky (as described above) and I'd like an easier way to do reporting/analytics, but no software can do everything. All in all, their service and their respectable feature list make AC a very good value and a good choice for anyone who isn't total Type A :)

Pros

The Customer Service is stellar, especially for being chat-based. As a previous HubSpot user (which is prohibitively expensive), AC comes pretty close to delivering all the essential features and the ease of use between the two platforms is night and day. AC is, for the most part, pretty intuitive. They also have better onboarding/training.

Cons

There are some seemingly very basic features that are missing. That being said, I'm able to create 'workarounds' to get what I need, but the workarounds do cause unnecessary work. Specifically, I can't automate task assignment at the Contact or Account level so I have to create and organize wholly unnecessary Deals and Deal Pipelines to do what I need to do. The other (minor) frustration is not being able to customize/save multiple views. I can add columns to views and that will stay put, but the default ordering of pretty much every page is alphabetical. For instance, when I switch the Contact view to sort by Date Created, if I navigate into a contact record or another page, the list reverts to being sorted alphabetically. Same with the Automations page, etc. I want to set custom sorts that are my own defaults (preferably multiple custom sorts/views). And I want it to remember to show me records by the 100s, not 20 at a time. It's little stuff, I know, but the constant extra clicks does get tedious.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

HubSpot was exceptionally expensive, especially when you wanted to add marketing to your CRM...like, those two things should be mutually exclusive, I'd think. But no. It was also more difficult to use, mostly because the features were exhaustive. I didn't use 80% of the capabilities of HubSpot but still had to pay as if I were.

Palash

Great for Beginners

It was pretty moderate and believe more could be achieved

Pros

It’s pretty easy UI and most of the features could be easily understood while experiencing the platform and dashboard

Cons

Still need much improvement with flow and lead cycles

Find it as ease of UI

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Salesforce had the advanced features and functionality

My favorite email marketing automation I have ever used

The are not "monkeying" around and have created a product I look forward to using. Some email systems chimp on features but they have included things like text messaging into the system for a long time. While the paid tier is smaller it is easy to make money with ActiveCampaign.

Pros

My favorite thing is the ability to set up automation and start creating it, but not finish it. As users progress through, you can add steps to the end and keep it going. This is critical for marketing that needs to be flexible and is still in the testing phase.

Cons

While it is very minor, sometimes contact changes that you make manually require a few more clicks than needed but overall the process is clear.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Integrations. There are so many more integrations with the other products I use. ActiveCampaign is so popular the other software companies make sure to integrate directly with them.

Active Campaign - A Must Have

Active Campaign helps me send segmented communications over a long period of time without any manual work. The tags can be added and removed automatically!

Pros

This product can do so much. Even if you are just looking for an email system, this is the one to get. It can grow as your organization grows. There are so many small, backend things I used to do manually that I can automate. It's incredible.

Cons

The setup takes a LONG time in terms of getting every automation up and going. The great part is that they provide excellent onboarding, and their support team is out of this world good and patient.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Constant Contact can only do a fraction of what ActiveCampaign can do.

A heavyweight automation platform with outstanding support at a reasonable price

Activecampaign does what it says it is going to do. A rarity nowadays. Additionally, they allow us to scale our list up and down and adjust price accordingly (we are in a college area and list size varies according to season. Once students leave, they are no longer interested in receiving emails.)

Pros

I came to Activecampaign from Aweber. We had been using Aweber for years. We switched in 2018 and never looked back

Cons

It has a lot of features. Not necessarily a con, but we found ourselves not exploring the features other than "sending emails" for several months. We came from aweber and were not aware of the additional features that Activecampaign could bring to bear.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

we tried infusionsoft / Keap and just said no.

Ellie

June 2022

Highly recommend - although slightly expensive it is totally worth it

Great.

Pros

You can customise EVERYTHING. The tagging, triggers, automation flows, etc make practically anything possible.

Cons

It's slightly intimidating to use at first. The learning curve was higher than I would have liked but once I got into it it was easy after a few days.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

Best combination of features and price.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Mailerlite didn't have enough features (I especially wanted tagging).

Love the pricing and automation features

Pros

Integrated very easily with Wordpress, the pricing for subscribers is fair (including upgrading and downgrading plans) and automation works great. Seemed to be the best one stop solution for our e-mail subscriber needs.

Cons

Automation could have a bit better of an interface but it gets the job done.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp didn't have good automation features and I really disliked Constant Contact pricing and sales strategy.

April 2022

Elite Features at a Great Price Point

AC gives us everything we need for ~10% the cost of some of the "bigger " options. Cracks show if you look deep, the overall product is as advertised. If you're into automation – in the true sense – you'll love it.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is built around automation, rather than flashy UI. It's a tremendous toolbox – deep hooks into other systems (often via Zapier), simple workflow and journey builders, easy data management. You can run a multi-million dollar marketing program on AC ... and we do.

Cons

AC can be slow at times, and some "killer features" of other products – pre-form user tracking on the website, flashy reporting – lack.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

Cost and easy of implementation

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Deeper feature set and integrated CRM

Waleed

March 2022

An important tool for preparing effective online marketing campaigns and following up on customers.

The current phase and future developments necessitate the presence of an experienced platform that can assist you in competing in extremely turbulent marketplaces, and ActiveCampaign is the appropriate option. It enables the assignment of potential connections and clients, making it easier to communicate with clients via email depending on their interests. Additionally, the graphs and statistics you obtain will assist you in developing plans based on correct advice.

Pros

I enjoy the way ActiveCampaign displays information because it assists you in optimizing your services. The platform eliminates the requirement for users of varying skill levels to use multiple programs by centralizing all records in a single location that can be accessed from anywhere at any time. ActiveCampaign's advanced marketing tools enable you to create and save lists of potential customers for any product or service you offer, then email them offers. You can also customize ActiveCampaign to track the success of your marketing campaigns, which enables you to develop more distinctive campaigns and sustainable marketing strategies. ActiveCampaign's charts, suggestions, and reports will ensure that you always make the best choices. I appreciate how you can improve content viewing and automatically track engagement across many social media platforms, allowing you to have a better understanding of how your consumers and new customers react to it.

Cons

I had no technical issues when using ActiveCampaign, and the user interface is fantastic and simplifies the process of accessing various tools and reports, but the work team need easy exercises to effectively use the platform and get the intended results.

Graham

Powerful, near enterprise grade Marketing Automation system

Extremely high value Marketing Automation system priced at a highly competitive rate to traditional enterprise tier Marketing Automation/CRM solutions while meeting almost 80-90% of the features and functions of traditional enterprise solutions. Many organisations that are currently on enterprise Marketing Automation solutions could easily migrate to ActiveCampaign and see a better Ux for their teams and significant savings of over 70% on their tooling costs.

Pros

A step up from most Email Marketing tools that brings a powerful Marketing CRM and automation system. Highly competitive against the enterprise grade platforms of Hubspot and Marketo. Brings much of the day to day functionality you will typically need and avoids a lot of the excess and bloat of the larger enterprise platforms. Easy to setup and build automations and campaigns. Very cost effective Marketing Automation CRM that integrates well with all other Enterprise tools

Cons

Field management and auto-fill functionality is lack. Email/Templates builder while works well is very rigid and locks in to the system, requiring custom builds to be made inside the platform. Little to no documentation or functionality for importation of external builds.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp doesn't have a true Marketing Automation system or CRM. Marketo has a terrible Ux Hubspot has too many underbuilt features ActiveCampaign has just the right Ux and features mix for 95% of hyper growth software businesses

Joshua

December 2021

Active Campaign is the best email marketing software for startup brands & solopreneurs

The business problem I'm solving with Active Campaign is I needed email marketing software to collect the leads my business attracts, and place them in various different autoresponder sequences so my message can be delivered to my audience. Uplifting my readers until they feel comfortable becoming a buyer. Active Campaign has helped me create numerous buyers by spreading my message in a dependable way.

Pros

What I like most about Active Campaign is for the incredible power it gives you, it is fairly simple to use. Active Campaign allows you to deploy the most complex and profitable email marketing strategies known today such as deploying Soap Opera Sequences. They have a very convenient mobile app that they improve every year. They are also run by passionate people, that care about making an impact. It also doesn't hurt that getting started with Active Campaign is very affordable.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the email editor is still fairly clunky to use. It's not terrible. But recently there have been a few other new contenders with much more fun to use email editors such as Convertkit. However, Active Campaign's power and development roadmap keep me using Active Campaign over Convertkit. Active Campaign integrates with almost everything.

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

Keap had worse deliverability than Active Campaign, at a much higher cost. Keap had a better email editor, and a better dashboard, but in the end deliverability is most important. My open rate was 10% higher on average with Active Campaign.

Cristian

December 2021

Una herramienta potente, simple y de rápida implementacion.

Logré armar un proyecto complejo en tiempo récord gracias a AC pues debía incorporar en un plazo muy breve a un grupo de empresarios/as participantes. Antes era un trabajo enorme llamando y explicando el proyecto uno a uno. Esta vez, el embudo completo lo gestionamos con AC y me sorprendió lo rápido que pudimos avanzar.

Pros

Es una herramienta muy potente. Estoy muy contento con la decisión. El UX es muy agradable y simple. Subir y limpiar mis bases de datos fue simple y muy rápido, así como usar uno de sus muchos formatos tipo para lanzar mi primera campaña. Todo el sistema de reportes es un completo y tienes información en tiempo real sobre el desempeño de las campañas. Las pruebas A/B me fascinaron: pasé de 28% de apertura a +55% ajustando solo el "subject". Por otro lado los webinars son muy potentes: específicos, agiles y muy detallados. También la asistencia, la biblioteca de ayuda y los mailings de seguimiento.

Cons

Me costó un poco entender la diferencia entre "listas" y "contactos" para realizar las segmentaciones. He realizado algunas integraciones básicas que funcionan muy bien, aunque creo que el potencial es enorme, me falta dedicar más tiempo para eso.

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

Porque la automatización de procesos es increiblemente potente y personalizable full por que me permite crecer junto a mi negocio integrando CRM posterior. porque su manera de monetizar es más simple y clara que Hubspot

Reasons for switching to ActiveCampaign

En relacion al tiempo que dediqué para aprender a usar y lanzar una campaña en mailchimp, no logré nunca estar cómodo, sólo lo usé para el mail de fin de año. En cambio, AC es una plataforma completamente superior, más simple, más profunda, completa y que te ayuda a entender cómo ir gestionando a tus prospectos y clientes.

Alejandro

Activecampaign Best email marketing software

My overall experience has been very good. It has excellent customer service when you have problems. In digital marketing we use it every day and it is necessary to have an easier way to do reports / analysis, and ActiveCampaign is difficult to read the reports, also at the beginning it is difficult to use the platform in the first weeks.

Pros

It is an excellent platform, the CRM is very intuitive and the follow-up it gives to customers through automations is excellent, it is capable of sending automated emails or mass emails, since it has some add-ins that are very much in line with the job. . I am dedicated to digital marketing and this system has been very useful for me to be able to organize myself without the need for more paper or old Excel techniques. I highly recommend it for different types of businesses because it is also very adaptive to whatever you want to do. Highlights are CRM and sales automation, marketing reporting and analytics, contact management, and A / B testing

Cons

It is difficult to use at the beginning, I would say that it has a learning curve of medium difficulty

Reasons for choosing ActiveCampaign

I chose ActiveCampaign because it is the most complete of all email marketing software on the market at an affordable price.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,631 reviews