Browse Ahrefs Reviews

Tayyab from TheJournalPost

Industry: Writing and Editing

All Resources to Grow Search Traffic

I found it useful and beneficial in Keyword Research and Analyze Competitor Details.

Pros

Ahrefs is a complete SEO tool that holds multiple tools like Link building Keyword research Competitor analysis Rank tracking Site audits I usually use Ahref for keyword Research which is important to grab the traffic to your site as well as analyze the top rank keywords.

Cons

Little bit Complex Interface Many filters on referring domains Not 100% accurate Stats less Internal link opportunities

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

I was in doubt that all are the same in some way. But After research and use, I found Ahref more useful than others in most of the terms like backlink research for my website [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Md. from productinfo

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great tool for SEO and Ranking

It is one of the best tools for SEO analysis and backlinks. I am impressed with its performance. For search volume, backlinks, rankings and social share Ahrefs plays an outstanding role. It always uses effective data that is very helpful. By using this tool we can get organic traffic research result. In this way, we know keywords that are ranked by competitors. For bringing more traffics it shows excellent performance. Overall it is the best SEO tool in the market now.

Pros

It is very nice software for backlinks and SEO analysis. It has a site audit tool that monitors SEO issues of our sites regularly. It shows a complete backlink profile. We get a proper backlink report. Ahrefs link analysis tool index is huge. It is also updated regularly. It is also a great SEO competitor research tool. Ahrefs has an exclusive backlink analysis feature. It is a keyword explorer that gives valuable information on search volume, competition, CPC, CTR, SERP position history, and more. Keyword explorer does not limit to one search engine. It is a rank tracker tool that shows the ranking position in google.

Cons

It is a great tool that shows quality performance. Rank trackers should be updated regularly. New keyword ideas should be improved

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

We can get accurate data from it. It can find technical SEO problems more accurately than any other tools. It is very affordable for us. We can use it easily to do our job. It has great filtering and sorting features. I highly recommend buying this because it is a great performer

Kenny from Springfield Computer Rep

Industry: Computer Hardware

Are these reviews for real??

The hits all come from 54.x.x.x and apparently have a fetish for using the bible in repetitive succession that just swamps our logs. Sometimes we just use iptables to get rid of the rogue site but aside from being a pest I see no other damage. The hits look like this: 54.x.x.x "Get /bible/18_028.HTM http/1.1" 404 However our associate that also gets hit by the rogue ahrefs site is being hit with non-biblical hits (go figure). Don't bother getting messed up with ahrefs, it's just another bad affiliation that will come back to bite you sooner or later in my opinion.

Pros

I like how ahrefs disregards a cease and desist notice.

Cons

This is just another hacker site. They've been hitting our server for over 2 years now (and not just us).

Yoyo from YoYoFuMedia

Ahrefs is an expensive product that does its job.

Overall, I had a great experience with it, however, it costs too much for the value it provides. It needs to lower it's price to remain competitive as more niche tools come up.

Pros

Backlink tracking, competitor analysis, and SEO auditing is great with Ahrefs. Ahrefs is, besides SEMRush one of the most comprehensive software for SEO.

Cons

It is way too expensive as a SaaS software. There are competitors and even free versions of tools that does all of what Ahref does separately/individually. Ahref just combines it all together.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

I have also tried SEMRush. I like Ahrefs user interface better but SEMRush is still real good too. Ahrefs is more focused on backlinks and SEMrush on google ads. And they are both around the same pricing.

Lois from Loma Digital

Valuable SEO Tool

Overall I use Ahrefs frequently and it has a major impact on my daily activities, especially for backlinking, an essential part of my work. I am pleased with it and have no plans to change.

Pros

The thing I like most about Ahrefs is the backlink feature where I can check the link profile of my competitors and copycat their strategies.

Cons

Unfortunately, Ahrefs is fairly costly, so when starting out and building my marketing agency, it would have been nicer to have more entry-level-friendly pricing. Sometimes there are also slow loading issues.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

From my understanding, Ahrefs uses larger data sets than some of its competitors so this was a major appeal.

Needed more features

Olivia from https://ukbeautyroom.com

Industry: Cosmetics

One of the Best Tools for Keywords

Overall I think it's a great tool which is actually quite addictive! If it wasn't for the high cost I would probably have kept my subscription. I had great results with my keyword research and also for finding articles that would rank well on Pinterest.

Pros

This is a good tool for finding keywords and monitoring your backlinks. I mainly used it to look at my competitor's keywords and domain rating and also monitor my backlinks. Overall it is excellent if you want to monitor how your website is doing over time and receive alerts when you have new keywords ranking. I also found it helpful to find low competition keywords to help my posts rank better. I also like that you are able to cancel your subscription easily if you want to unlike some of Ahref's competitors who make cancelling complicated!

Cons

It's really very expensive and I've found other tools that are less expensive that do what I need them to do with finding keywords. I think Ahrefs is the best but it's so expensive that I can't justify paying the cost. Also if you are new to keyword research it's quite complicated. Ahrefs have a youtube channel and lots of help so that you can learn how to use it but there are still other tools which are much easier for beginners.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

I didn't like that this company made it so difficult to cancel your subscription. Also the reports it generated had errors in them and the customer service didn't seem able to help. Ahrefs was much better in my experience.

Joseph from New Leaf Marketing

Ahrefs has a lot of depth!

Ahrefs makes short work of diagnosing ranking issues on page and off page. Definitely a powerful tool.

Pros

As a lead generator, I spend a TON of time doing keyword research. Ahrefs does a fantastic job with finding keywords and keyword phrases that have a lot of search volume with lower keyword ranking difficulty.

Cons

Other than it being a bit pricey, there is very little I don't like about this software. If anything, the first day or two was a challenge learning how to generate and export custom CSV's.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

I felt more confident with Ahrefs interface.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

Too many redundant features, and each module was a separate tab or app.

Jamie from Wedgwood Insurance Limited

Give it time - it gets better

So far so good and it only gets better with more usage. It's an indispensable part of my marketing plan now.

Pros

Ahrefs is almost overwhelming with the number of features and tools it has and in a way this is almost a negative until you take the time to get familiar with them all. It's the first tool I fire up each morning along with Google Analytics to track and monitor so I can see what's working, what's not, and what to tackle next. It's excellent for both short-term and long-term planning with actionable items to help you drive your site growth.

Cons

As mentioned above the dashboard and all the tools can seem overwhelming to first-time users. Occasionally I've discovered issues in a site audit that don't seem right but their customer service team via chat was quick to assist.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

I test drove all three and Ahrefs seemed to have the most intuitive dashboard and a pricepoint that worked for my budget.

Megan from Vibe n Thrive

Awesome for backlink analysis

Ahrefs allows me to track my backlinks and see what backlinks my competitors have and what keywords they are ranking for. Ahrefs has provided me with much needed info in order to outrank the competition. Although it’s pricey it is well worth it for what you get out of it! It was a great investment for me.

Pros

I found Ahrefs pretty simple to use. There are a lot of features and components but the interface is easy to navigate. It didn’t take me long to get the hang of it. When doing competitor research, Ahrefs is hands down the best tool for backlink analysis. It provides so much info on your competitors’ backlinks and on your own. I also like that you can check what keywords you’re ranking for as well as the keywords your competitors are ranking for. It provides so much valuable insight.

Cons

Ahrefs can be pretty pricey. The good thing is you can test out your plan of choice with a $7 week long trial period before committing to full price. But I do wish the pricing wasn’t so expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

I like SEMRush and still use it for SEO research but I prefer Ahrefs specifically for backlink analysis.

Nick from GR0

My favorite SEO tool

I love it

Pros

I like everything about this software from it's functionality to it's UX/UI and the resources available (blogs + videos)

Cons

The only con is the fact that the software is expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

I technically didn't switch because I have both, but I almost never use SEMrush anymore and I use Ahrefs almost daily.

Jason from smartboost

Ahrefs is a great tool but I eventually switched to scale up

Great tool, I would recommend it especially if you have only a small number of projects to manage, or if you have the resources to pay for it & other tools.

Pros

I love the technical site auditing tools in Ahrefs. It made it very easy to score, audit, and check fixes to my project websites.

Cons

Ahrefs also has some of the best backlink profile evaluation tools in the industry, although SEMRush makes disavowing & scoring toxic links somewhat easier. We ran into limitations when trying to add more projects that led to us switching to SEMRush.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

In the switch from Moz to Ahrefs, Ahrefs was chosen by my company due to reputation and features.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

Ahrefs at the time of the switch was better for professionals than Moz Pro

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

Ahrefs is a quality SEO toolset that offers numerous free premium quality SEO features

Ahrefs has helped me address SEO issues with my website, helping provide a simple tool to oversee the continued growth of my sites SEO.

Pros

Being an individual who runs a couple websites for my company, I am not someone who is interested in paying the hundreds of $$/month for access to the unlimited access agency-level tools that many SEO companies offer; however Ahrefs provides numerous tools and services for free - making it the best option for someone like myself who wants to boost their SEO without paying ridiculous amounts of money. Ahrefs offers a quality overview of your websites SEO & ranking factors, helping you find & address issues - such as 404 errors (due to old bad links), giving a list of external backlinks & referring domains and their domain authority/page authority, and showing lists of top pages & organic keywords - all for free. To top it off, they also send me a free monthly report listing new/lost backlinks and important SEO notices about my account - again, all for free, when competing products lock all these features behind a paywall. Obviously, the free tier has limits to what you can access, but overall Ahrefs helps me manage my companies SEO without spending thousands of dollars a year on unneeded tools & features.

Cons

Ahrefs can be confusing to learn & use if you are not used to SEO terminology, and they do little to help address this. However this is not a huge issue, as Ahrefs is a professional platform made for SEO experts; so a learning curve for people new to this world is not a huge issue as they are addressing their target audience.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

Their free tier offered actual useful tools, unlike other companies

This may be the only tool you would need for SEO

I really enjoyed using the tool, it has all the features one can ever ask for.

Pros

This platform is so feature-rich, offers the top of line features and functionality in the field of SEO. This is the go-to tool for most of seasoned SEO experts. They have definitely been improving over the years. They do also offer FREE online courses for SEO and to get you started with the platform which is great.

Cons

Their pricing is on the higher end of the spectrum which is not bad always but if you are looking for an affordable option to get started, this might not be for you.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

They offered better functionality and features.

Colette from ESP Water Products

Pretty Amazing SEO Tool

This software has helped us to better understand what questions people have so we know what to write about and helps us then bring people to our site.

Pros

Ahrefs provides us with so much useful SEO information that really informs our writing and is helping us to improve traffic to our site.

Cons

There is so much to this product that I feel like we're just scratching the surface. There's a learning curve because there's A LOT to learn--but we do appreciate the help videos.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

We used Serpstat and Semrush but felt like Ahrefs provided more information that was easier to digest.

Mohammed from Graphic Designer Bristol

Industry: Graphic Design

The best complete SEO tool I have seen ever

As an SEO expert, I have to work with several types of tools. I have found ahrefs is a very helpful tool for SEO experts. I can do everything that requires to rank my website. I can do the overall competitor analysis with that tool. I can find out the referring domain, quality of referring domain, number of internal linking to a specific page, top-performing pages, outgoing link, etc. I didn’t use their rank tracker so can’t make any comment on it. It is an awesome SEO tool in my opinion.

Pros

The main thing I love about ahrefs I can optimize the website with a single tool. I can do keyword research (Info, money, comparison, keyword), backlink analysis, Internal linking analysis, domain strength analysis, traffic analysis, anchor text analysis, dofollow - nofollow link ratio, etc. Actually, there are so many features on ahrefs that can’t be described in a few lines. For example, I can find out many low competitive keywords from my competitors' URL, using the organic keywords feature. I think it creates an extra advantage. They have added a new feature recently, which is organic keywords 2.0. It helped me to find a fresh new keyword to work. It also helped me to find out the recent ranking keywords of my website. Their other interesting feature is the content gap, I have analyzed my competitors and found many content ideas that were not covered by them. So it is amazing.

Cons

I have found a problem with organic keywords that is they repeat the same keyword again and again on multiple pages. It creates a problem at the time of keyword researching. And it shows less search volume than any other keyword research tool. Last thing I dislike their pricing and trial version price. The Trial version should be given for free.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

Ahref is more helpful in the competitors’ analysis than any other tool available in the SEO industry. I have used ahrefs, Semrush, Moz pro, Ubersuggest. I have found ahrefs is the most powerful tool among them.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

I have found that the Semrush is very slow to track the backlink compared to ahrefs which creates a hinder in backlink analysis. And I am not using Moz Pro any more as I get DR - UR from ahrefs which is more updated than Moz Pro

Ahrefs - better than the rest?

My overall experience has been very good with AHREFS. I would recommend it for anyone wanting to not only learn more about SEO, but how to be more effective with their SEO strategies. The more you use something like this software, the better at SEO you become because you have more tools under your belt and better processes for a good strategy. You really need data for a good SEO strategy and something like this software is going to get you there. If you don't have the funds, try ubersuggest (and you can sign up with a blank gmail account if you don't want to share your GSC or analytics data)

Pros

When you're looking at SEO Software, one of the main things you want to look for is accurate data. There are many different choices out there with many different features. Lots of these software products have many of the same features. So what separates all these different SEO suits, for me, it would be the accuracy of data. And AHREFS seems to have pretty accurate data, compared to the competition. For one, it seems to have a great backlink database. This allows you to uncover more backlinks per website, compared to the competition. Also, another area where it's a little bit more accurate would be their domain rating (the strength of a websites authority), and therefore their Keyword Difficulty score. Now obviously you can't rely completely on an autmatically calculated Keyword Difficulty score, since there are too many unknown variables. But it is great to have for bulk data analysis. Other than that, I would say, they also have almost everything you need out of an SEO software suite. Their user experience is also pretty good. The closest alternative I would say is semrush. And I would say both are about equal in my recommendation, with Ahrefs being slighly better, but semrush being better for most due to the lower cost.

Cons

The biggest con to AHREFS is the price. It seems overly expensive, especially considering now that you can pay for Ubersuggest for a fraction of the cost. Or you can even use some of the Ubersuggest features for free (however keep in mind, you are really paying them with your data if you sign up with your GSC or analytics account). However, it's not going to be as comprehensive as something like this software. So in my mind, if AHREFS lowered the price, it would be a no-brainer. But if you rely on this data for your business, or an agency. Then you consider the cost a necessary expense for one of the best software programs out there for SEO.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

I wanted to try something new, and broaden my awareness of what is available. I am glad I've extensively used both programs.

Nathan from Letterzaken

Industry: Online Media

My go-to toolset for SEO

I can do pretty much anything I need to do in Ahrefs when it comes to SEO. And if you miss something, the team will be eager to see if it can be implemented. Also, the support is great, usually quite quick in responding and very friendly too.

Pros

Call me crazy, but I kind of LIVE in Ahrefs. If there's anything I want to know about a website and its SEO, I will put it in Ahrefs and find all the data I need. Whether it's keyword research, competitor research of backlink research, Ahrefs has got you covered. And they keep adding functionality and options. You can even suggest changes to the tool when you're a paying user.

Cons

There's nothing not to like really. I haven't found anything that I didn't like myself anyway. Oh well, sometimes you don't have access to a tool like Keywords Explorer when they're updating it, that's usually not nice when you're actaully working on a project. But I'm sure this will happen with other tools as well.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

To me, Ahrefs stands out when it comes to data, the variety of tools and the user interface. It works very intuitively and has not let me down yet.

Madan from Bhusal Digital Marketing

Is Ahrefs the best tool for SEO?

Talking about the overall experience with Ahrefs I love the tool. It has helped me to rank my article on google as well as to find the best and working keywords for my ads.

Pros

I have used a few SEO tools like Mangool, Moz, SEMRush, and others, yet nothing works like Ahrefs. It is one of the most powerful and featured tools out there. The addition of new features on this tool continuously makes it more special. Perhaps the best thing about Ahrefs is that it crawls and records new backlinks super quickly. I mainly use this tool for keyword research and monitoring backlinks. This tool has helped me to rank my website on the first page of google. I consider it the best tool for organic keyword research and to find the SEO difficulty for each keyword.

Cons

I am using Ahrefs for more than 2 years. I haven't noticed any technical difficulty out there. Some of the people consider the pricing as a little bit high but I think the pricing is not much high according to the service they are providing.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

Because I find Ahrefs as all in one tool that helps in SEO.

Richard from The Social Eagle

100% Recommended to SEO Experts

Overall, our experience with Ahrefs was positive. While the team's customer service could be better - the actual tool is powerful. It's truly an SEO expert's perfect tool. It has some of the best insights available - and the company is constantly expanding their efforts. Recently, they updated their content explorer system, making it more comprehensive. For our agency, we were able to really fine-tune our keywords and find great linking opportunities. If you are looking for a program to capitalize and do the same, Ahrefs is a great place to start.

Pros

- Amazing backlinking tool - Easy to understand keyword search system - Ability to track keyword rankings by the minute - Quality reporting tool - 7-day trial for first timers - Company sends valuable training information - Daily support if needed

Cons

- Can be complicated for first-time SEO users - Its design is simple and a bit mundane. - Customer service is not the friendliest.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

I firmly believe that, as an SEO expert, we should be knowledgable of all tools that are available on the market. I took a chance with Ahrefs to see what the hype as about. Truthfully, it's a beneficial tool - providing some of the best insight, specifically regarding backlinking - helping to highlight linking opportunities against the competition.

Vikram Singh from Blurbpoint Media Privet Limited

Industry: Online Media

Great competitors analysis tool

I am working as SEO manager in one of the top-rated Digitial Marketing agency in India and I am using Ahrefs since last 2 years now, this is one of the tools that I am using on a daily basis and I really can't leave a day without this tool. It makes my competitor's analysis work so easy, Ahrefs helps me find the best links from my competitors and I have explored what content Gap and some basic distance my client's website is having and can set the campaign accordingly. This is the must have tool before starting SEO or content marketing campaign.

Pros

The best thing about Ahfers is you will get everything related to competitors & backlink analysis. It includes few most amazing features like comprehensive backlink data, Overall organic keywords your website is ranking for, Overall organic traffic with history, Keywords explorer for detailed keywords research, Linkintersect to see which links your competitors are having and you don't, and many more. Ahfers is also one of the most user friendly tool I have ever used, it has got everything which every digital marketers need. You can find hundreds of links opportunities by using content explorer which shows you which content is shared the most in your niche. You can reverse engineer your competitors backlink by the cocomprehensiveis of competitors backlink and acquire them.

Cons

The only thing I like the least about Ahrefs as they didn't provide any Free search trial, while few of the other similar tools will give you few serachs in a day but in Ahrefs you won't get anything for free NOT even a single search.

Franklin from Amplify Marketing Services

Industry: Market Research

Ahrefs is my go-to tool for keyword research

Ahrefs has been a great tool for our marketing team. It helps us deliver clarity & confidence to our clients about customer behavior in multiple channels. It is helpful for Customer Journey Mapping, Market Research, and Marketing Plan development.

Pros

Ahrefs is the best tool for keyword research because it includes data from a variety of sources like Amazon and YouTube. The ability to quickly toggle between platforms to see the search volume is fantastic. I also like how easy it is to export, save, and share the data.

Cons

Ahrefs estimates for keyword CPC is not accurate for Amazon. The data is taken from Google keyword CPC which is an entirely different cost and can mislead a marketer into creating an ill-informed marketing plan. If the website research tool was as powerful as other software providers, I would use it almost exclusively.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

The powerful keyword data.

Malte from Marketing & Advertising

Best backlink software

A cheap toolbox with some really great tools. It does what it is supposed to do. Nothing fancy but reliable.

Pros

ahrefs is an inexpensive all-in-one SEO platform with a strong focus on backlinks. While the other features are OK, I mainly use it for backlinks, where it absolutely excels.

Cons

The UI has not changed in many years and I feel the usability could be improved upon. Click stream data has not been updates since December 2019. The rank tracker is really just that - a rank tracker. Some competitors have a much stronger focus and the SEO project management aspect.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

ahrefs has more backlink data and updates it more often.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

ahrefs has more backlink data and updates it more often.

My favorite SEO tool

I'm satisfied. I get what I want and need.

Pros

All in one - for SEO's. Ahrefs is best for everything regarding links. But there's more in the package: You get site audits, keyword trackers, content and keyword research + more. Of these, I do love the site audit. It made my life easier - compared to Screaming Frog. Now I don't have to sit around and wait while my computer crawls. I can just close the Ahrefs tab - and the whole thing will be done within the hour (or overnight). Theres even scheduled crawls, so I can get an overview of our technical and on-page SEO performance every week or month. It even comes with a lot of descriptions and guide on what to do about the bugs and errors found on your website. Great for beginners and specialists.

Cons

It can cost a lot if you have a lot of users. There's no option for individual logins for a team. So we do log each other out all the time - even though we have bought the package with up to 10 users using the login. The same goes for the Chrome Toolbar. A cool tool, but we log each other out - so we have to log in each day. It feels like a waste of time. They are not made for PPC stats. Theres some numbers and Ad examples, but they don't seem correct.

Julien from Samsung Ads

Ahrefs is a powerful all-in-one SEO tool

In my opinion, Ahrefs is the best SEO tool available. I mainly use Ahrefs to do competitor analysis, achieve my keyword research, and find new backlinking opportunities. Ahrefs also offers a content explorer, which shows the most shared content on a topic. This helps me find popular content to share on social media. For me, it's an essential tool for achieving my SEO goals.

Pros

It provides detailed keyword and backlinks analysis, which is why I like Ahrefs. The overall UI is clean and easy to understand data visualization. Additionally, I find it useful that I can get a full audit of my site to know how my site performs and where I need to improve or fix technical issues (broken link, 4xx errors, internal links recommendations, and so on).

Cons

Ahrefs is not a cheap tool, but it can replace many others in the field of SEO. It might not be suitable for those looking to get started on a budget. On every plan, Ahrefs offers a keywords rank tracker (multiple locations, devices), which is very useful when you are working on your On-Page SEO. This feature only has one flaw, its low frequency of updates (every 7 days for the lite plan), so I still need to use another paid rank tracking tool that offers 24-hours updates.

One of the best SEO tools

Ahrefs is one heck of a tool which is evolving. When I started using it, it had limited features and in last 2-3 years, it has evolved into a massive all-in-one SEO toolkit, which is great. If you are an agency or SEO pro and not using Ahrefs, you are not in the league.

Pros

I have used several SEO tools like Majestic, SEMRush, and others, but nothing works like Ahrefs. It is one of the most feature-rich tools out there. It is constantly updated and the team keeps on adding new features which keeps users hooked. One of the best things about Ahrefs is that it crawls and indexes new backlinks really fast. And this speed is still improving. Compared to SEMRush, Ahrefs does a great job overall. I mainly use it to monitor backlinks, referring domains, and rankings. In terms of rankings, it is spot on. I never had any issues with Ahrefs whatsoever. Another amazing thing about Ahrefs is their tutorials that show users how they can use and benefit from Ahrefs different features. Besides, Ahrefs blog is one of my favorites.

Cons

1. It is expensive and when I say expensive, I really mean it - especially if you want to get access to all the features. It is a perfect tool for SEO agencies and marketers. 2. The features and different tools aren't easily accessible or understandable to the users. They should do something about making users realize what they are missing and how they can fully use different Ahrefs tools. Training material and videos are doing a good job but they surely need to do more.

The "A" in Ahrefs stands for "Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime" - yep, it's that good

For both On-site and Off-site SEO, Ahrefs is a must-have tool. Immensely useful.

Pros

Unlike other high-level SEO tools, the full range of ahref's functions is focused on providing you top value. You're provided with a wide range of useful functions, some of them unique to ahrefs (e.g. broken link finder). The value for money here is ridiculously good. Apart from that, I come to the conclusion that ahref's accuracy is just top-notch.

Cons

It's just one of these tools where you're having a damn hard time with finding anything you can dislike. If I'm forced to pick a con, I'll go with price. Yes, ahrefs offers you immense value. But 180 dollars per month for a lower-level plan is still quite a sum.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

(I got both SEMrush and ahrefs)

Albert from IRL-LIVE

Powerful All-in-one SEO solution

I use it everyday to keep track on my sites and my competitors.

Pros

Ahrefs is one of the greatest SEO tool ever made. It can do a lot of things from keyword research up to content promotion. This all-in-one tool is my main weapon and it helped me gain higher rankings. Here are some of its advantages. 1. Doing keyword research is fast and accurate. Their keyword explorer tool has a lot of data to determine if the keywords are good. It shows the search volume, trend and the reliable keyword difficulty feature. 2. Accurate rank tracker. It also shows the estimated traffic that I am getting. 3. The site explorer tool. I'm using this extensively. This is what makes Ahrefs a powerful tool. I can input any URLs and it will provide me with some useful data like the keywords I am ranking, my site's backlinks and referring domains and the estimated traffic.

Cons

The pricing is somewhat expensive for beginners and to those who have limited budget. But believe me, the higher price tag is all worth it.

Gianfranco from Catena Media

Ahrefs is the most useful tool for your SEO and Content Marketing campaigns

Ahrefs is my favorite tool nowadays for everything related to SEO. I cannot live (or at least work) without it.

Pros

I've found Ahrefs to be tremendously convenient and efficient, to run SEO analyses, on your websites, on specific keywords and domains, and also to analyze all competitors.

Cons

There's nothing really that I don't like about Ahrefs. Maybe they could expand their courses in the "Ahrefs Academy", since last time that I've checked they only had 2 courses: 1) Marketing with Ahrefs 2)Blogging for Business. Having something more advanced like Competitive intelligence, SEO on-page / off-page, and PPC tutorials, would be really an asset.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

I still use both Ahrefs and SEMrush, but to analyze sites, domain ratings, competitors and trends, I prefer using Ahrefs. SEMrush is more ideal to be combined with Keywordtool.io for keywords/topic focus researches.

Iqra from Butt IT Solutions

Professional SEO Tools to Increase Search Traffic

My overall experience with Ahrefs is really awesome. Because I use Ahrefs for my own websites and I also recommend to my clients. I have improved the search engine ranking of my all websites using Ahrefs. I am really happy and satisfied with Ahrefs.

Pros

Using Ahrefs you can look at the organic traffic and the number of the backlinks of any website. You can also watch referring domains and organic keywords. You can also analyze the traffic value of your website. You can get ideas regarding lots of great keywords. You can use Site audit for your website and analyze how many webpages have been crawled and how many total issues you have on your website. You can also track and monitor your website rankings. Also, find the top-performing content in your niche.

Cons

I am using Ahrefs for the last few years, and I have grow my search appearance plus organic traffic. I never faced any kind of problem using the Ahrefs tools. So according to my experience, there are no cons. Everything is incredible and awesome of Ahrefs.

Chad from eREACH

Ahrefs: A Link Builder's Best Friend

Overall, I couldn't complete my job without some of the features that Ahrefs provides. Its mastery of all things backlinks is essential in my line of work and its various features allow me to excel at my job and help my clients improve their web presence.

Pros

My favorite Ahrefes features are it's "Best by Links" section because it really helps me, as a link builder, identify competitor Linkable Assets so that I can instruct my clients to create similar, but unique, versions on their own site. It goes without saying that their backlink database is what really makes Ahrefs essential in my line of work. Lastly, their Alerts feature is a great and easy way for me to keep an eye on all of my clients' campaigns.

Cons

I feel like Ahrefs could improve its training features. I really would love some quick classes to learn more about what I can do with Ahrefs as I feel like I'm missing out on some great features. The "Alerts" feature has also been glitchy lately.

Giorgi from Philip Morris International

Industry: Tobacco

Must have tool for SEO geeks

One of the best SEO tools I ever worked with

Pros

Using Ahrefs with SEMRush is what it all takes to get the overall deep understanding of the SEO for the project you are working for. Ahrefs is invaluable tool when it comes to the backlinks and their tracking. Apart from having the extensive SEO capabilities (tools, features, functions, etc - which all of them works very well) this tool is my number one go when I need anything - literally anything backlink related. I cannot even imagine analyzing the competitors backlinks or certain amount of them without using Ahrefs. It's the valuable and reliable source taking its permanent place in my SEO toolbox.

Cons

Nothing really. For the things I am using this platform for - it's irreplaceable. The only thing which I have experienced to see is the search volume for the keywords that seemed quite off the real ones. Though, overall, I am very happy with what this platform can provide.

Daniel from Utzy Naturals

The BEST Backlink Tracking Software

Really love this tool. Ahrefs has knocked it out the park.

Pros

Ahrefs has an amazing amount of features. I love how it allows me to keep track of everything that's happening to my website. Who's linking to me? Who unlinked? What keywords are driving traffic? etc... If you're pursuing an SEO-focused marketing approach for your company, you need to be using Ahrefs.

Cons

Ahrefs has a LOT of tools. I think that can lead to overwhelm. I used the software daily and I found myself finding new tricks and hacks. While this is a good thing, it does get a little overwhelming when you're just starting out. Once you dive in and learn the tool, the world is your oyster.

Mark from Mailshake

Hands-down the best SEO/digital marketing tool on the market

I'm a 10x better SEO with Ahrefs

Pros

Where to start? If I could only use one tool for the rest of my marketing career, it would be Ahrefs. It can do everything, and it does everything better than all its competitors. I've built my whole SEO strategy on the back of Ahrefs. They really seem to understand what it takes to succeed with SEO today, too. Rest of their content team create some of the best content on the web, and really show you through their videos exactly how to get the most out of Ahrefs.

Cons

I wish it didn't quickly jump to a prohibitively expensive price. It would work for most individual businesses, but agencies need at least a standard account and if you really want to get the most out of it, an advanced subscription gives you some material benefits, but I've never been able to justify the cost. Hardly a con, though and am more than happy with what I get at that price.

Alexandra from effective GmbH

Game changer

Pros

The data is obviously top-notch. But wow, is it intuitive. I get frustrated within 30 seconds of trying to navigate other SEO tools. Ahrefs understands has SEOs work, and has built tools with our workflow in mind.

Cons

Quality of data for countries outside of the US isn't quite the same. Would be nice to be able to change CPC currency.

Reasons for Switching to Ahrefs

Searchmetrics is prohibitively expensive and requires that you create a paid project for every client you want to research. Ahrefs is 100x more flexible in this regard.

Dale from Bimota Usa

Powerful SEO tool with lots of functionalities!

A must have SEO tool! It helped us to improve our organic traffic and rankings.

Pros

Ahrefs is a very powerful tool that helped us to improve our organic rankings. It has lots of features and functionalities. All of them are useful and can help users and website owners to rank higher. I'm extremely impressed with the amount of data they provide. With a single click, I can see any website's data like traffic, amount of referring domains and organic keywords. I love using their amazing SEO tools like Keyword Explorer, Site Explorer and Rank tracker. Speaking of their Rank tracker, it is accurate and updated regularly. It also shows our average position, visibility and SERP features. In my opinion, Ahrefs is a must have SEO tool for any serious SEOs and companies out there.

Cons

Their pricing is expensive and not flexible. That is their only weakness so far.

Mario from Prime Web

My favourite SEO Tool

I rely on Ahrefs for all my SEO tasks.

Pros

It has a learning curve, but once you undertand the basics it´s easy to use. The tutorials and blog posts are also really helpful. I get to analyze my industry, spy my competitors and apply reverse-engineering to their strategies.

Cons

Nothing really. It might seem pricey but in the long-term is well worth the investment.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

Most SEO experts seem to prefer Ahrefs over similar tools. Also its blog and FB group is a great guide for new and seasoned SEOs alike.

Chamath from AdSpark.IO

The ultimate SEO report and backlink checker

It is quite simple. Ahref is a rich-featured instrument kit. Always updated, and the unit keeps on increasing new peculiarities. New backlinks are indexed fast. Furthermore, the rate keeps on growing. The tutorials held to increase customer knowledge. When surmising its benefits and maximum use, Ahrefs is rather expansive. But, still, you regain benefits which worth it.

Pros

You can do everything in Ahref when it happens to be in the SEO. Let's discuss the Pros of Ahrefs. If someone wants to know something, then it should be SEO. And the superiority of comprehending something should also be given to SEO. You type it in Ahrefs. And get everything you need to know. Regardless, whether either it is keyword research or backlink research or competitor research, Ahrefs will give you everything.

Cons

There is nothing explicit that we despise. But, infrequently, you do not have access to tools like keyword research, especially when updating. It is not good to appear when you are at some serious work. But, we foresee this to happen with some other tools as well. Also, you are not provided with a period of free trial. Though some other tools give free explorations, you will not get any from Ahrefs. Not one. Still, we have to admit that when Ahrefs was first propelled, there were only a few limited features. But now, there are various cool new features. It has evolved in a very insufficient time on a large scale.

Marielle from All Is Everlasting Floral Arrangements

Ahrefs is a great SEO tool for every online marketers!

Pros

I've been using Ahrefs for about two years and it keeps getting better. It helped me and my team achieved higher rankings and as a result, more clients and the ROI is pretty good. Ahrefs is a very powerful SEO tool and here are the advantages of using it. 1. Easy to use. 2. Feature-packed software. 3. It allows me to track my keywords. 4. Accurate rank tracker and backlinks analysis 5. Doing keyword research with it is amazing. It has an amazing feature that helps me to measure the competition. 6. I can see the stats of any websites quickly. 7. They have an amazing blog which can help me and my team to become better. 8. Amazing support. 9. The developers keeps on improving the software.

Cons

I do not see any disadvantages of using it. It has all the tools that we need and we love using it. It is powerful yet easy to learn.

Amber from Leap Clixx

The Ultimate SEO Tool

Allows us to perform basic and complex online marketing tasks from in-depth keyword analysis, keyword tracking, backlink analysis, site audits and more. We can also do content marketing planning using the content explorer. It's an agency's best friend.

Pros

Our business wouldn't thrive without Ahrefs. We use it for content marketing planning, SEO optimization, PR link outreach, competitive analysis, in-depth keyword analysis, keyword monitoring and more. Ahrefs can give you a great overview on where your business stands in the online marketplace and has countless complex tools to help you dig into backlinks, keywords, content and more.

Cons

I wouldn't say it's great for an SEO beginner as you need a fundamental understanding of SEO and online marketing to be able to get the most out of Ahrefs. Also, Ahrefs isn't cheap, but for an agency who uses it every day, it's worth the money for us.

Erwin from Enjoy The Enjoyment

A must-have SEO tool!

Quick and easy to use software. It has lots of useful features that will help you rank higher in any search engines.

Pros

Ahrefs is an excellent SEO tool that is quick and has a lot of features. In my own opinion, it has the complete package when it comes to SEO and marketing. Doing keyword research is so easy. If I want to spy on my competitors, I just plug in their URLs and Ahrefs will quickly show their stats like backlink profiles and the keywords that they ranked. It also helps me to create a masterpiece content thru their keyword suggestions. Ahrefs is a web-based application so it is easy and light. I do not have to install or download anything.

Cons

The only downside that I can think of is its price. It is certainly not cheap, especially for individuals or beginners that do not have a big budget for SEO or marketing.

Muddassar from Levi Strauss & Co.

Increase Search Traffic and Grow your Business

I always track my ranking progress through Ahrefs. I analyze the competitors keywords with my content and then I improve the content of my website. So in this way, I get more users and more sales of the products. My overall experience with Ahrefs is really incredible and I am happy with Ahrefs.

Pros

Ahrefs allows you to be an Search Engine Optimization pro and you can increase the rank of your website in the search engines. You can also get more traffic according to the search keywords of the users. Site audit options are really awesome and you can also analyze your competitors at Ahrefs.

Cons

All tools, features and options of Ahrefs are really professional and easy to use. You can increase your SEO in such a professional way. I am honestly speaking, I never found any issue or problem in any option of Ahrefs. So there are no cons in Ahrefs.

Matthew from Alador and Smith

An extremely powerful online marketing tool!

Ahrefs is my main tool for any serious SEO work.

Pros

In my opinion, Ahrefs is the most complete tool for every online businesses. It is a must-have tool if you are serious about your SEO and online business. I am using it for more than five years and it just keeps on getting better. Their keyword database is huge! It gives me tons of related keywords that I can use as topics for my articles. It also shows the search volume and the keyword competition. It is reliable and it helped me achieved high rankings on Google search engine. Analyzing my competition is a breeze. It shows relevant data to help me plan my strategy. Additionally, they have an awesome blog and video series to further enhance my SEO and marketing skills.

Cons

Ahrefs is so powerful but it comes with a high price tag.

Ahrefs review

I have had a very wonderful experience with this software and it is my second after Google analytics and this is because I use Google analytics to get a full insight into my website when it concerns Google search engine and believe it or not, Google analytics offers more indepth analysis of website when you are trying to optimize for Google search engine.

Pros

I like the fact that I can do my keyword research and get the keywords that my competitors who are using Google Keyword planner do not get while doing their keyword research. I also like the fact that I can get a full audit of my website in full and also know what next steps to take to make my business above my competitors.

Cons

The 7 days free trial is a limited time to ascertain how effective this software can work for you. Your website need to be indexed for more than a long time to be able to know if the software will work for you or not and as such all your website details will be taken by the software so as to get you a robust analysis of your website.

Meredith from FatCat Strategies

Very Powerful - Also Very Complex

Overall, Ahrefs has been an extremely useful tool for our agency to use that helps us keep a pulse on our clients' SEO performance and helps guide our tactics as we work to increase their online search presence.

Pros

Ahrefs has the ability to give you data on almost anything you could think of when it comes to SEO or website performance. It allows us to create dashboards for our clients that we look at to keep a pulse on our efforts and help us find places we can focus our tactics to deliver better results. The depth that we're able to achieve with reporting is a huge benefit and the helpful tips found by hovering over the "i"s next to each part of the tool makes it easier to understand confusing metrics or tools without having to search a support forum.

Cons

It's definitely an intimidating tool when you first log in. Because of the vast array of capabilities, reports, and tools Ahrefs has, it can be confusing to know where to start. The interface is also a bit confusing and takes some learning to remember where certain features live within the tool and how to navigate there from memory.

Dmytro from Kanbanize

My one stop for SEO research

Pros

You have all you need from rankings to linkbuilding analysis and keyword research. This can easily be your only tool for all of your SEO needs and even SEM research. In 2017, the team seems to have started dedicating more energy to making the tool not only functional but usable, bringing in lots of UX improvements and more visual controls and charts throughout the tool.

Cons

The connection between different parts of the tool and location of all the controls and dials is still something that could be improved. Compared to competition (like SEMrush), ahrefs is definitely superior but it could be even easier and even cleaner in some of the tools. Also, even on the first two paid plans you won't have the full list of all keywords you rank for in top 100 - first plan shows only up to the third page, second plan adds 2 more pages, which is odd, considering the abovementioned competitor lets you see all of your keywords on the standard plan.

Max from Edvomark

Ahrefs - The king of seo tools

while it's an essential tool when developing a content plan that is seo focused it comes in at a hefty price, I myself cancel it whenever i dont use it to limit expenses

Pros

when doing keyword research for a new website/new articles you want to use ahrefs. the data is the most precise in the industry (not as accurate as google's obviously but the best you have access to without search console).ahrefs really allows you to see how hard it is to rank for a keyword and how much trafiic there is

Cons

the software is reallly expensive, the basic price comes in at 99/month and this plan only offers you a limited amount of refreshs, if you want to implement ahrefs in a smaller (10 employees) webdesign agency you wuickly find yourself spending $500+ per month.

Reasons for Choosing Ahrefs

more accurate data by ahrefs

Roman from digital marketing

Must have tool for SEO specialist

This tool can do everything you need to checkout your situation with SEO and PPC for your project and also give an analysis for competitor's projects. We use this in our agency on a daily basis.

Pros

- Backlinks tools. You can gather thousands of backlinks to your project or other projects. Ahrefs has a huge database with it - PPC data. You can get all data about PPC campaigns of your competitor: keywords, ads, target pages - Keywords planner. You can gather a lot of keywords for your niche - Organic rankings. You checkout your keywords and rankings for them - Top pages. You can understand which page drives most traffic to the website

Cons

- Price. You can't simply select which functions you need and pay for it accordingly. Packages can simply more then you need

Alex from Kingston Creative

A critical tool for SEO

It's helped me track improvements on long-term work for clients and it's helped deepen my functional understanding of how SEO works.

Pros

It's plug and play and helps the user gain a fundamental understanding of the factors that go into SEO; site structure, links, virality, domain strength, etc.

Cons

It's a little pricey at times, although they did kick in a free month during the pandemic. It can miss a lot of backlinks.

Luke from Sportystation

Featured packed tool!

Ahrefs if my go to all-in-one SEO tool. It is powerful and easy to use.

Pros

Ahrefs is my main tool when it comes to SEO. It can do almost anything quickly and accurately. It has lots of useful features that can help me grow my online presence. They even updated their Ahrefs Toolbar to quickly view the metrics of any web page and it is free to use. You can track your keywords, analyze your competitors and the software can help you improve your content big time. It is easy to come out with a plan on how to stay on top after seeing the data Ahrefs produces. It is a powerful tool and it can be your all-in-one SEO solution

Cons

Their pricing is a little higher than the competitors but you can definitely get what you pay for.

Soumitra from Growth Rangers

Best tool for SEOs but expensive for generic users

Ahrefs is an amazing tool for any online marketer, content strategist or SEO. I use this for all my keyword research and competitor analysis. It is the only tool that gives me the accurate search volume of keywords and their corresponding competition. It is often compared to SEMRush (another SEO tool), but Ahrefs has the edge in terms of high-quality data, accuracy, and advanced capabilities.

Pros

Super fast results, the Dashboard is kick-ass when it comes to getting an SEO overview of any website. And most accurate SEO data compared to competitors.

Cons

Pricing is on the higher side if you only need it for keyword research.