• Pros

• "Alexa has been a staple of website ranking tools for traffic and authority differentiation. Whenever you need to make a list of sites/companies, you can expect to have them ranked in Alexa."

• "Easy to use interface, love the simple step by step process offered. 'A good simple sofware solution for online benchmarking. Alexa does the basics very well. "

• "It does provide you with a few good features but certainly, lack a lot. Hopeful they would make up in the next versions. "

• Cons

• "Subscriptions packages are bit high. Their support takes some times to reply ."

• "I wish Alexa was buying more data from data providers as some stat numbers didn't match what we already knew for some websites we manage."

• "none at all that i have found in using this program. If I find any i will update my review, I give it 5 stars."

Browse Alexa Marketing Stack Reviews

Jamey M. from YouTube

A must have tool to keep up with the competition

Pros

If you're going to keep up with your competitor's it's always good to know what they are doing. This tool is great for tracking your site's performance and optimizing it to keep up with the competition. The analysis and reports give you all the information you need to get ahead of the game.

Cons

There's nothing about this service I don't like. It's an invaluable tool in marketing your website, and you can't beat the price.

Erin from Coldwell Banker Hickok & Boardman Realty

Great Software, Hefty Price for a Small Business

I really like in-depth site audits for tracking progress and it's great for understanding the strength and weaknesses of your competitors.

Pros

Great software for providing competitive analysis data and tracking web performance over time! We use a few months out the year to provide competitive analysis and to look for areas of opportunity.

Cons

While I don't think the cost is unreasonable, I do find it prohibitive having year round. As a small business, many months are just too busy to make use of this software and maintaining the subscription year round just doesn't make any sense for us.

Reasons for Choosing Alexa Marketing Stack

Alexa is a very established online competitive analysis tool and ultimately I trusted their ability to accurately rank against one another.

Convenient Toy, but not much more than that

Pros

Alex is great for every day tasks like telling the time, playing music and radio, setting timers, converting units, etc.

Cons

The "skills" are not intuitive. You have to remember which skill you want to use in order to take advantage of it. The mobile app stings

Younes from Haykal Media

Industry: Publishing

Not the best toolset in the competitor analysis field

I enjoy using Alexa Marketing Stack and a lot of the features that offer but I am in doubt that most of them didn't really give me a solid, authentic data and insights I can really rely on.

Pros

the "On-Page SEO Checker" is the most useful feature I like in this software.

Cons

"the quality of data" that is the software show you, when I compare it to the other solutions/softwares I found a big differences between them, for example Alexa tell me that the visitor stays 10 min in my website meanwhile other X solution tell me that he stays just 2.5 min!

Reasons for Choosing Alexa Marketing Stack

the quality of data

Vishal from Alvarez & Marsal

Improve your website ranking and visibility using Alexa

Pros

The features offered by Alexa are really amazing and can help you significantly improve your Google ranking. Even the free version provides you indicative insights on your website traffic.

Cons

1. For initial users, it becomes very expensive to use Alexa. For large and developed websites, it may not be as big a challenge to subscribe to Alexa but for beginners, the pricing is high. 2. The insights should always be taken as indicative and not as sacrosanct and cent percent true.

Emeka from Boston University College of Engineering

This is an effective tool to understand and improve traffic.

Pros

The software is really good in almost every aspect. It is relatively easy to use, it has a very responsive customer service and is not too expensive in my opinion.

Cons

The only possible issue I have is the slightly low amount of functionality the software provides in terms of analytics and obtaining more information. This may not be a problem for others.

Ciprian from getButterfly

Good reputation tracking tool

Pros

I have used Alexa for years both for myself and for my clients. It's a very good software for reputation tracking, visibility trackingand demographics analytics.

Cons

Pricing plans were not really justified by the premium features.

Ogunyinka from craftmultimedia

Industry: Writing and Editing

Alexa

One of the best features of alexa is their alexa ranking which seo expert use in weeding out low quality blogs with high domain authority.

Pros

Alexa gives me a complete information about my blog. This information help me to outrank my competitor and find long tail keyword easily.

Cons

Alexa is geared towards big business who will not mind spending huge money but the pricing is very expensive.

Jonathan from 60 Minutes of Art

A great growth tool

Pros

I really enjoy that Alexa is plain and simply easy to use, dispute some minor hiccups with setup , I don’t have too many complaints.

Cons

For the simplicities of my everyday use , Alexa gets the job done well however I would not use this software for heavy duty work specifically because it’s doesnt necessarily understand neutral commands and that can be a bit of an issue for larger scaling.

Impressive but short-lived novelty technology

Alexa has not solved any of my business problems, beyond initial enjoyment

Pros

Upon first using Alexa, I loved it and explored all of the features it supported

Cons

After using it for a while, I lost interest and no longer use it

Shyamalee from adelanka (pvt) Ltd

Alexa - website ranking software

I have been using this software for my web site for a long time. I get a daily ranking analysis about my site to know where my site is with other competitors. Their seo reports helped me to improve my site performances. I even had a chance to know performances of my competitors too. Their advises to improve the site helps a lot.

Pros

This software is easy to use, shows the quality of your website with statistics. Uses SEO tools to value your website. It provides you a good analytical report of the performance of your website with other sites. Alexa reports provide you how to improve your site against other competitors.

Cons

Subscriptions packages are bit high. Their support takes some times to reply .

One of the rating to consider

Pros

Cons

Alexa is only one of the services for this job. It's ratings are good and more or less reliable, but don't get surprised when a different service will yield different results. Try others and check which one you trust more. Neither is wrong, it just comes down to your particular experience.

August 2016

August 2016

Chrome App

I like to use the google chrome extension. I get a quick overview of how popular the site is and by which countries. It's free so it's a good value for the buck.

Pros

Cons

Not really. It does exactly what I expect it to.

Sagar from Review with Sagar

Alexa ranking is good or bad

best website to know the ranking of any website and to know the keywords used in other website to rank their own website high price to be paid to use the service of Alexa

Pros

Alexa provide search website ranking it shows website rank in global it helps me to know the the position of my website whether it is highly rank table or not

Cons

This online software is nice for the people who have a blogging website or any other website which provide service but I have a complaint regarding the Alexa ranking that there is a complicated interface and most of the people does not know the all the features present in Alexa and they charge very high for a month to provide their service

Simrat from University of Virginia

Pros and Cons

This software is really helpful in understanding how one ranks against competitors. It definitely is useful to know the ranking of any website.

Pros

The software is very accessible and efficient. It provides a good report about your performance against other websites.

Cons

The help support may take a while but they are really determined to help you out!

It allows to check the background of the domain, but the data can be misleading

Pros

It is a very simple tool for checking the position and potential of the domain, competitors, etc. It works quickly and works fine for very brief and basic use.

Cons

For more advanced use cases this tool is too simple - there are better solutions out there. Data behind it isn't really accurate also, especially when you dig deeper.

Marketing platform that gives you lots of insights

Pros

Gives you both market and audience analysis that can help inform your keyword choices and content style

Cons

The software can be buggy and the mobile app needs some improving, it isn't very good. Better for SEM purposes than SEO

david from Marketing Digital

Alexa is excellent to find your target audience and your interests

thanks to Alexa I got high profits due to its powerful tools to perfect SEO

Pros

thanks to alexa I found a powerful segmentation of my target audience and achieved a lot of conversions in my online marketing campaign

Cons

I do not like the mobile version of Alexa, I think the responsive design can improve, but in general Alexa is very good.

A great tool for understanding online audiences

Simple to use for audience analysis and keyword generation on competitors

Pros

Cons

Limited in what actual analytics you can get out of Alexa. Search terms and SEO capabilities aren't that great.

Katie from Luther Seminary and Augsburg University

Robust Data and Competitor Analysis Tool

Excellent research and analytic tool for competitive research, keyword research, and audience segmentation.

Pros

I turned to Alexa as I was working on a competitive analysis for a new web property our organization is launching. It's a fantastic research tool that provides insights into both your own website and others'. It helped me identify some competitors I wasn't aware of, and is my go-to starting point for keyword research. The audience overlap tool and audience interest tool help me create winning social campaigns. It's just a great overall tool for digital marketers.

Cons

So far I haven't had anything I don't like!

Ginny from Montverde Academy

I use this software to research prospective vendors

Pros

It's super easy to use and provides a lot of valuable information. It's able to break down results by regions and countries.

Cons

I would like there to be a pricing option that is lower, for companies or businesses that only use the site once or twice a month. Pricing is my least favorite option.

Alexa marketing tools great value for money, lack functionality

Pros

Robust tool set with great automated reports, does most of the heavy lifting for you. Good site crawling capabilities.

Cons

Exporting reports into easily digestible pieces to take action on is not as intuitive as it could be. Would be great if crawls could be controlled by filters a la Screamingfrog

Jill from Wrapped Up N U

Hello Alexa

Pros

I use alexa via my kindle fire. I have only used it a few times and "she" tends not to understand me for the most part. Not a fan.

Ayushi from ASU

Well not bad...

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the software is just so annoying.. It acts so weirdly. I dont know why it cant find my amazon account.

Casie from Pikesville Animal Hospital

Love Alexa!

Pros

Easy to use, even my kids can use it regularly . User friendly and good service, never complain about it.

Cons

Needs to integrate with more such as other software and apps. Otherwise there are not too many cons. Occasionally does work

Using the Chrome App

Pros

It seems to work really quickly and easily. It's intuitive for the new user to get up and running quickly.

Cons

There are some limitations in that it sometimes does not seem to understand every command that I share with it.

Alexa is an alright tool for understanding your web domains

Pros

Alexa seemed to be so much more important in the past. Nowadays, other tools and systems seem to surpass Alexas current capabilities.

Cons

Alexa doesn't seem to have much of a place in web marketing anymore. The logo and UI is quite dated.

Neena from Rei Institute of Martial Arts

Had a horrible experience with these guys!

Pros

No pros, since they have looted the money. They must learn to be polite to customers. Such an arrogant customer service.

Cons

Had a horrible experience with these guys! We tried the tool for 7 days. Just that. And they took 30 days cost! The invoice was raised after 6 days and when we asked them, they told they cant refund it as we mailed them late. See, they were waiting for us to push them for refund, otherwise they will loot your money for no reason.

No new features that aren't already offered on other platforms.

Tried it out during the free trial but saw no value in using. As an early user, I expect new features added later to make it better but currently it is useless.

Pros

Relatively easy to use platform. Alexa website rankings integrated with platform--and can be used to measure SEO success.

Cons

No unique features offered for Alexa's SEO platform over other third party SEO research tools. There is literally no point in paying for this service.

Faizan from Lockheed Martin

Industry: Defense & Space

February 2016

February 2016

Good for accurate website analytics

I use Alexa to gauge how popular websites are for business purposes. I work in PR, so we rank different media outlets/websites in a tiered approach, based on the analytics provided by Alexa.

Pros

Extremely easy to use. Seems accurate and consistent. Well-known, credible site.

Cons

I don't have any cons for Alexa. Sometimes I check its accuracy by comparing to Compete.com, but I have never had any issues.

December 2015

Ethan

December 2015

Alexa by Amazon

Pros

Alexa is an intelligent personal assistant developed by Amazon.IT is designed to answer your every question.

Cons

Alexa sound is nothing special about it an same time it give answer that isn't correct. And it use other app and devices to came up with answer.

Andrey from Auslogics Labs Pty Ltd

Great tools to discover opportunities to grow your traffic.

Great data for top visited websites for our industry where we could buy ads.

Pros

Alexa Marketing Stack was great for discovering keywords of our competitors. I also loved the split of the most popular industry websites by countries so we could buy more advertising on such websites for our industry and received a positive ROI.

Alexa