• Pros

• "Once I got it setup, it has worked perfectly without any continual maintenance. Emails are delivered quickly and don't end up in spam boxes at the recipient end."

• "Its very reliable and stable, Ive used ir for many apps along with the Amazon suite and I highly recommend it. Ive never had issues with sending emails."

• "- It's easy to configure and implement - It makes sending transactional emails very easy - Costs can be easily forwarded to clients"

• Cons

• "Amazon SES is a great email service but you need to make sure you don't exceed your bounce rate beyond 10% otherwise you will loose your ability to use this service. "

• "The implementation is not very fast, it did take a bit of time. But once you are up and running, it does not require a lot of maintenance."

• "setup is complicated especially for newbie, but there are tons of guide on the internet to setting amazon ses. "

Browse Amazon SES Reviews

Alejandro from Hospital Herrera Llerandi

The cheapest but the hardest to configure

I have some knowledge and I read a lot to be able to configure it as I wanted, which sometimes it was frustrating, but I finally made it as I wanted and need it, that plus the price, the results... Awesome!

Pros

What I love the most is "The pricing", it is extremely cheap compared with other massive mailing systems like mail chimp or others.

Cons

The ease of configuration... You need a little bit of knowledge to configure, and even more knowledge if you want more specific features.

Price and configuration.

Rahel from Rahel the Consultant

I only pay for what I use, how much better can it get!

I use it in tangent with another program that allows me to send thousands of emails through my Gmail account. It makes it easy, simple, effective and an overall no-brainer to get those emails out daily. I don't have to worry about delivery or bounce either, which is something I can't say for plenty other similar services.

Pros

One of the biggest things about this program that I absolutely love is the fact that you are only charged for what you used. That alone makes Amazon SES great in my book because I know that I am only paying for the features that I have used over the period of time. It's also very flexible in connecting to various other software/programs etc.

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to figure out how to use the backend for those who are not tech-savvy. As a result, I think that might be something that they can try to improve a little bit. But other than that I'd say it's pretty impressive.

Reasons for Choosing Amazon SES

I chose Amazon SES because after testing it against the other software, Amazon SES was the most reliable when it came to bounce rate, etc.

Perry from Panda Technology Group, Inc.

No Support for Amazon Simple Email Service

It was good to start, but frustrating once we wanted to go further and when we had any issues whatsoever. It was at the owners decision that we pulled the plug on this project once he listened in on our support call, once we did get someone to talk to us.

Pros

this is a very simple but capable email system that we tried to use and i have worked with others who have used it. the feature set is good, the speed is excellent and the ability to lease an IP and to have tiered levels is very good. It also has a good reputation dashboard so we know what is going on and how to make sure we get lots of emails through spam filters

Cons

Spam filters eventually catch up to you. Also they provide no support via phone that is worthwhile. The support techs are condescending and not very helpful. They close cases very fast, they send pre-canned responses that do not answer the questions you ask, and it is useless to talk to them. We moved away from them after we could not get what we needed done.

Perfect for transactional emails

I used SES to send notifications from a web platform when certain events occurred. We had a 100% success rate and were never disappointed y the product.

Pros

Cons

SES requires technical skills, so only developers can actually access it features, but that's reasonable given the features the product offers.

Reasons for Choosing Amazon SES

We're already using the Amazon Web Services platform and it's easier to keep everything in one place, also the quality is very high, as expected from Amazon.

Ari Eko from SME-Institute.ID

robust and cheapest email delivery on the world

i am avid user of amazon ses and this i very good software

Pros

Amozen ses is cheapest and very good for deliverity in email space. their free tier is also generous and their pricing is very pocket friendly.

Cons

Cost effective and extremely reliable

It has provided us the base of our email delivery. Pocket friendly and worth every penny you put into.

Pros

We have been using Amazon SES service right from the initial stages of our product journey. It is extremely reliable and has never failed us. I like the fact that we can track the emails sent, I use it for a lot of purposes. It has always been fast and robust, a must use. The best part of it being very cheap.

Nicholas from Gain Theory

Easy scalable email service

We have regular internal systems notifications successfully setup with AWS SES. It has integrated well into our code base, and is recommended as a service.

Pros

It's an easy to use email service that integrates well with any code base that you have setup, it is easy to use for systems notifications. It's also pretty easy for users to enable their email address to receive emails, which is a good feature to also avoid spam. The CLI and SDKs are also pretty easy to use and implement.

Cons

The email limits can be pretty small at first, which can be a nuisance when trying to setup internal notification systems.

Reasons for Choosing Amazon SES

Much easier to manage, maintain, scale and deploy.

Darshan from IBM

Serverless way to maintain Mail server on cloud

We have migrated all our on-prem solutions from local mail server to AWS SES which also helps us to keep a track on who is doing what and stop any unwanted activities

Pros

One of the best revolution in the history of cloud solution is Simple email service, It removes overhead of maintaining mail server on your datacenter

Cons

AWS SES has a limitation of sending 200 emails in 24 hours which is pretty low when iam running a campaign Though you can call support and increase it by giving justification

Jose from CSW Solutions

Easy Transactional Emails

If you don't need to track anything with the emails but just have the need to send emails out, this is by far your best choice.

Pros

The ability to send emails via SMTP protocol and an API. With the API they can achieve millisecond speeds to send emails. It's very affordable.

Cons

Some of the configuration options are a bit complicated and require purchasing other products from AWS.

Irerinsola from Iredoyin Imports and Consults

Industry: Import and Export

Very easy for beginners

Pros

One doesn't need any deep knowledge to use it.

Cons

I really do not see anything bad in the product

Ramindu from Virtusa Corporation

Programmatically generate massive amounts of emails for a low price point

Amazon SES is a great solution to use as an automated email sending service for applications hosted in the cloud, if you can overcome the complicated set up process.

Pros

Amazon Simple Email Service is a great way to set up and send out automated emails associated with an application you have deployed on the cloud. It provides a comprehensive API that lets you design and send your email out in any way, and works very fast to send out large amounts of emails. The price associated with sending out emails is very reasonable as well.

Cons

Amazon SES can be quite complicated to set up and integrate in to an existing application for someone who is not familiar with its concepts. Any email address that you plan to send emails from must go through a verification process which could take a while.

Ashish from Metacube Software Pvt Ltd

Cheapest Email Service I have ever used

We use Amazon SES to send email notifications and verification links of our website. Amazon SES is reliable and fast delivery email service.

Pros

Amazon SES is a fast and very cheap transnational Email service. Amazon SES can send upto 14 email per second. Amazon SES allows you to send email in which from address can be your domain. It is so simple to set up and use. Amazon SES also provided detailed stats of your daily email. You get 62,000 free mail each month if you send mails using EC2 servers.

Beecher from Shenandoah Websites

Industry: Information Services

Slightly steep learning curve but reliable email delivery

I'm very pleased with SES so far. The free tier is enough for many to get by with, and it's very inexpensive with use beyond that.

Pros

Cons

It's not entirely straightforward to configure and the instructions aren't very intuitive for beginners. You'll need to set it up a few times for a couple domains to get the hang of it.

does a wonderful job , and reliably at the given price point especially when you have limited base

Overall it is one of the most reliable email services out there. it can save you money and help you for both internal dev and marketing.

Pros

this is probably the most inexpensive yet reliable bulk email tool out there in the market and competes head to head with mailchimp and others. aws ses is the classic case of set and forget, where once you are configured then you are good to go, no need for maintenance.

Cons

very limited service regions would be the biggest con. there is an initial limitation on how many emails you can send before you get approved

Reasons for Choosing Amazon SES

for the pricing aws ses was the most affordable and reliable.

Simple Email Service is Actually Simple

We use SES to provide a single point of e-mail delivery for out application servers, that allows us to have a stable delivery platform for all of our application needs.

Pros

Simple Email Service (SES) is a great solution that takes a lot of the hard work out of mail delivery.

Cons

There are silent limits to SES that need to be lifted by reaching out to support. This is both a reasonable step to combat spam, and a frustrating discovery for those with legitimate intentions.

World class Email communication tool for Marketing email or any

Overall best and cheap email campaign service for Marketing/organizations.

Pros

Amazon SES is world class service from Amazon that provides mass email campaigns. very cheap to use cost. It is cloud based we no need to worry about infrastructure.Well documented. robust service.

Cons

I don't think this is a negative but we need to learn configuration to setup it, which needs little effort to learn.i think they can simplify configuration settings.

Angelica from Netmundo

Worth it but be careful

I have used this for a long time, but I kept being asked why and how I was using my account. I understand its policies, but it comes a point where this is just not usable at all.

Pros

The price is just the best feature along with its deliverability. You can authenticate your domains and email in a simple way.

Cons

The support is as slow as it can be. It's really annoying to have to ask permission for everything and be under investigation for every email blast you send.

Simplest way to send and work with email in the cloud

Excellent solution with great scalability and priceing model.

Pros

SES revolutionized way of sending and programatically working with incomming email in the same way that AWS S3 revolutionized storage few years ago. It not only allows you to send all your commercial email but gives you tools to work with incoming email using all of AWS managed services. It's super easy and extremely scalable solution.

Cons

Before starting using it you need to prepare some kind of monitoring system to carry about your emails reputation.

Sanjay from Senorita Creations

Affordable and reliable simple email service

Pros

We have been using Amazon SES for our marketing campaigns for a very long time and I must say the platform is very affordable, reliable and simple. Before using the Amazon SES we were paying very high to some other vendors for our marketing campaigns and bulk email campaigns whereas after switching to SES the cost for email campaigns reduced drastically and now we are allocating that excess funds to some ad campaigns. Also the delivery rate is phenomenally good. Apart from that after removing the sending limit cap we now can send to huge number of our customers at a time without raising any eye.

Cons

The integration part to third party vendors can be little bit less complicated.

Stuart from IT@Stu

The best Email Service from AWS, it's cheap and easy to send emails

It's definitely a great business email solution and I would recommend this to others. This is well suited for marketing emails and is simple to use after just setting it up once and off you go.

Pros

I have found it's very effective and being able to monitor your mailing activities. I enjoy that it sends out email notifications and you only pay for what you use. Amazon SES is much cheaper than other solutions. It has an easy setup and only costs a few dollars per month.

Cons

I found that it's not so easy to navigate around the menus, I wish they were more intuitive. There are initial sandbox limits are too low for a production application

Diego from Lacuna Solutions

Reliable & simple email sending service

I set up SMTP servers/services a few times starting many years ago when it was easy, so I know exactly how it works, but nowadays I'd go straight with SES to avoid the pain of keeping my infrastructure out of blacklists and hackers hands.

Pros

If you are on AWS, forget about setting up your email relay service and just go with SES. It's a really simple service (it's just like using a common SMTP service) but nowadays sending email has become tricky cause of SPAM, and AWS makes sure their infrastructure and set up reduce the chance of your email becoming SPAM itself.

Cons

Nothing really, but maybe having a bit more control and insight could have helped a couple times.

Mike from Drund

SES is YOUR answer for sending emails in your application!

Pros

SES help cut expenses of Postmark by offering a fraction of the cost per emails going out. Customer support is very responsive and it's easy to request quota increases.

Cons

Postmark offered nice insights to individual emails, which SES does not.

Thiago from Banco Santander Brasil SA

A simple and efficient cloud-based email service.

A simple cloud-based email service without many customization tools, but that is attractive for its price, support and integrity provided by Amazon.

Pros

Simple interface for the purpose of sending and receiving emails.

Cons

Lack of incoming email security control tools.

Agustin from Blue Trail Software

My review for Amazon SES

Positive.

Pros

Cons

The only issue Ive had is that you need to create a support ticket to disable sandbox and enable production and increase the sending quote. It would be easier to do so without creating tickets.

Reliable SMTP server

Pros

Reliable Email sending service A very low-cost SMTP server

Cons

Need to write our own custom code to track bounces, unsubscribes and spam complaints.

Jorge from Carrilho Engineering

Flexible and reliable transactional and mass email platform

Compared to other similar solutions Amazon SES has proven to be very reliable while keeping the costs under control.

Pros

Very reliable and highly available Handles both transactional and mass email with great delivery rates Easy to maintain a high reputation value Monitoring dashboard Very low pricing, first 62k emails/month are free of charge

Cons

In order to maintain a high reputation, Amazon SES enforces a strict verification policy, which can get tricky for non-technical users, of for customer's domains.

Jamie from Praekelt.org

A simple, essential service for most applications

Pros

If you're running a web service that uses a popular web framework you'll probably need an SMTP server for sending certain emails. This is that and it's cheap and easy.

Cons

It's simple like it says. Won't help you run amazing campaigns or track lists of customers.

Inexpensive email service, with security concerns

Pros

SES is very affordable for teams of all sizes

Cons

Once, the SES service was hijacked by external intruders and used to send spam. Amazon currently has no way to rotate keys / passwords, and so this creates an extra burden for users

Bryan from Ansira

The only right way to run databased on AWS

SES is vital to our cloud operations and won't be going anywhere as long as we're running databases.

Pros

A managed environment for data is, in my opinion, a must. Turn-key log-based backups and recovery with all necessary features. A good number of database options.

Cons

Lacks direct access to the machine so this is limiting as to what can be set on each database. While most things are possible, there's a learning curve to accomplish some more advanced configuration.

BEST EMAIL SERVICE ON THE MARKET

I have had an extremely positive experience using Amazon SES. I know all of my emails are reaching my senders.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that is a pay-as-you-go plan I only pay for what I use. No financial commitment. Also I can trust that emails are being delivered to the sender when I use Amazon SES.

Cons

There is nothing I like least about this software.

Joe from Innovah

Highly Reliable and Robust

If you need reliable programmatic emailing this is the best. Costs pennies for my use cases.

Pros

I've used SES since it was first launched. Several websites have been using it for years and I've never had a problem. Extremely reliable.

Cons

Like most AWS services, make sure you set it up right in the beginning. I once had to make a change for security reasons and it was a pain updating my live apps that use SES.

Really Usefull for any kind of projects

Pros

I have used it for 2 different projects and they work a lot better now. It's worth it if the company decides to pay for it.

Cons

A little bit too complex and lack of documentation

Scott from SearchMaster Software

Game Changing Email Manamagent Platform

Before discover SES I was paying over $100 per month to send out a single bulk email to my newsletter clients each month. So it wasn't because I was MAILING so much, but rather my list itself was larger. I had the money to spend, but it just seemed so pointless, and then I ran across SES and an app called SENDY which, combined, is saving me TONS of money to the point that I am spending about $5 per month now to send the same exact volume of mail. Incredible!

Pros

Amazon SES is absolutely incredible when it comes to saving you money compared to ANY bulk email sending and marketing platform out there. I love the fact that I am spending pennies on the dollar, literally, compared to what I was previously on sending emails to my clients. I've also seen a huge increase in deliverability since switching over as well!

Cons

Much like many cloud systems, setting up and configuring Amazon SES is not the easiest thing in the world, which i guess is to be expected. I don't really like that I have to involve a third party for certain management functions, but given how much I am saving, I'm OK with it!

Steve from Integral Divorce Documents Inc.

Perfect high-volume email solution

We have a newsletter that is sent out to our clients on a regular basis. Managing that email system ourselves was more work than we wanted to deal with. SES is very affordable and relatively easy to use. As mentioned in Cons, my only complaint is with incoming email being either expensive (WorkMail isn't worth the money IMO), complicated (setting up your own income email solution), or messy (mail forwarded with SNS is unformatted and JSON encoded).

Pros

Setting up an email server is relatively complicated. It's made even worse when dealing with a high volume of outgoing emails. AWS SES makes it much easier than any DIY option out there, giving you the exact DNS records to enter.

Cons

As with most AWS services, it will take a little learning. Compared to some of their other services though, SES is quite straight forward. I really don't like that there is no simple incoming email forwarding option. It can use SNS to forward a JSON encoded mess, but unless you are using their WorkMail service, receiving mail is still something you'll have to figure out.

Srinivas from Proofpoint

Amazon SES

Overall Amazon SES is simple an amazing solution to automate email sending service is cloud applications.

Pros

Amazon SES is highly reliable, is quite cheap when compared to other solutions, integration with other AWS solutions is extremely easy.

Cons

If one does not have enough background information about this software, initially it might take sometime to figure out the configuration for the service. And email verification involves a manual step so it is an obvious bottleneck.

Great email service for any type of emails (cold outreach, automations, simple emailing)

Pros

Dirt-cheap email service from Amazon. It's super-reliable and easy to set up. Integrates nicely with the rest of the Amazon stack.

Cons

Sender domains must be whitelisted and verification is done through DNS records, which can be inconvenient at times.

Amazon SES - Pros and Cons

We SES for our applications and services as well as for several client accounts. We have found delivery to be much reliable and faster than standard PHP mailer. So far its perfect for us.

Pros

The pay as you go feature is great. Also the first 62000 mails are free ,which is great. It is very reliable. very good deliver ability. Once set up it pretty much easy. no work needed later.

Cons

There aren't that many email templates. And unless you pay you're pretty much on your own.

Reasons for Choosing Amazon SES

Because much of our infrastructure has been shifted to AWS.

Andrew from Fenix International

Amazon SES is the most affordable email service I know.

Its amazing that we can send up to 50,000 emails per month for free when other services like Sendgrid would only offer about 100 for free per day

Pros

SES offers so many emails on a free plan that we've never gone beyond the Free tier. Once the verification have been done, everything else is so easy to use.

Cons

Configuration is a pain for domains. It takes long for domains to be verified after adding the required TXT records in the DNS and even after the domain has been verified, you have to apply for the usage limits to be removed which also takes time.

My experience with SES

Our product notifications and delivered using SES and our overall experience was good

Pros

I have been involved with the process of setting up Amazon SES in the organisation. Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS, hence we decided to go with SES. The delivery rates are great. I think the best part about this is how cost effective it is. You get a robust tool for a low cost budget.

Cons

Implementing SES was not as easy as it seems. However, once it is configured, it is quite easy to operate

Ashish from Tapmint

Cheapest email service provider

Pros

Amazon SES provides 62000 free emails per month. This is enough for a small scale company to get started with a new product.

Cons

In the free tier, we have to whitelist each email address that we need to send mail. This is cumbersome and tedious task.

chandrika from Conduent

The great way to send massive mail

overall it's good.

Pros

If you have a business and want to reach your massive customer via mail then AMAZON SES is the best choice.It's very cost effective, they have a feature called-pay as you go, and pay only what you are using, that's is the best thing. You can configure it according to your use ,it means you can set rules when sending mails. as per me it's quite beneficial.

Cons

They have put some limitation on sending mails when you first start using it.

Easy integration and robustness.

Pros

Amazon SES is easy to setup and use. It has Python and other libraries to integrate it to your project. Sending email in HTML or text is possible and MIME can be used as well. For MIME, it supports different email encodings as well, which is great if you are trying to write something non-latin in mail subject.

Cons

Authorization of your domain might take some time, it's not that instant.

SES Review

I only started using SES 7 months ago, but it has made my life a lot easier for bulk e-mail sending and automatic replies.

Pros

SES is incredible easy to set up and extremely cheap. Within 30 minutes most tech-savvy people will be able to have it configured to send e-mails to anyone, with a very low overhead.

Cons

As SES is an Amazon Web Services Service, it comes with comprehensive support only if you choose to pay for it.

Rahul from Chronosphere Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

No hassle and cheap transactional email sending/receiving service

I'm using SES to deliver emails for my web application.

Pros

Very easy to set up. Probably the cheapest transactional email service in the market. Has a high deliverability rate.

Cons

Creating email templates for your transactional emails is a pain. You'll have to write HTML/CSS by yourself, make an API to create a template. Not at all intuitive.

Amazon SES is Fast and Safe Email Service Provider

My team member really happy for this Email Service, It's safe. It's really work as a mail server. Thanks Amazon SES for my service faster and safer.

Pros

I am using a e-commerce website. Per day 800 I mailing through AMAZON SES. You believe it or not , I am really success for Amazon SES.

Cons

This email service make my product email easier.

Best SMTP service

Amazon SES is a very effective SMTP relay, probably the best as it offers the quality at a very good cost. But it can be confusing for a new user and if proper customer support is given then it can be very helpful for the users.

Pros

Amazon SES is the best SMTP service available at a very affordable pricing, as compared to other services. All the emails reached to inbox, so no difficulty with it's delivery.

Cons

It can be very difficult for a newbie to setup it's SMTP with the email application. It lacks a lot at customer support, as the communication only depends on email that to when they reply otherwise you can't contact to any support email address as well.

Satish from Marketing Software Deals

Very affordable

Pros

I like that Amazon SES is very cheap for what it offers.

Cons

I do not like that SES has some limited features and available functions for users.

Ajmal from The Barkat Foundation

Best Cloud Emailing Service

Good service and the best thing is everything under one umbrella of Amazon Web Services, no need for external third parties.

Pros

Amazon Simple Email Service is the best match to send marketing emails from the AWS cloud environment. Best facility to send marketing, transaction emails to your client and employees.

Cons

While configuration you must have skills of SMPT etc to configure the Simple Mail Services, which a cloud practitioner can do.

Christopher from Webfactory LTD

Great option for email services

Pros

I really love the fact it has an extensive, very well documented API and as with most Amazon services, is very reasonably priced.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head! Meets all my needs perfectly.

Leila from Le Ma

Industry: Market Research

Required

Return from what I haven't had in years.

Pros

Everything I need in one software: emails, ads, sms, and all the marketing tools.

Cons

As it was new, unknown in a way, few test it. They have to know.