What are Amazon SES users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Amazon SES software through verified user reviews

4.7

• icon"You get 62000 free emails monthly and after that it's only $0.1/ 1000 emails. No other email provider or mass email manager gives you that luxury."
  • icon"SES help cut expenses of Postmark by offering a fraction of the cost per emails going out. Customer support is very responsive and it's easy to request quota increases."
  • icon"You can configure it according to your use ,it means you can set rules when sending mails. As per me it's quite beneficial."
  • icon"There are silent limits to SES that need to be lifted by reaching out to support. This is both a reasonable step to combat spam, and a frustrating discovery for those with legitimate intentions."
  • icon"There are initial sandbox limits are too low for a production application."
  • icon"Once, the SES service was hijacked by external intruders and used to send spam. Amazon currently has no way to rotate keys / passwords, and so this creates an extra burden for users."

Browse all Amazon SES Reviews

• Have you used Amazon SES and would like to share your experience with others?

Alejandro

The cheapest but the hardest to configure

I have some knowledge and I read a lot to be able to configure it as I wanted, which sometimes it was frustrating, but I finally made it as I wanted and need it, that plus the price, the results... Awesome!

Pros

What I love the most is "The pricing", it is extremely cheap compared with other massive mailing systems like mail chimp or others.

Cons

The ease of configuration... You need a little bit of knowledge to configure, and even more knowledge if you want more specific features.

Price and configuration.

Reasons for switching to Amazon SES

The costs, my databases are about more than 25k email addresses, and I sometimes send more than 100k mails per month.

Amazon Simple Email Service - does what it says on the tin

I have used SES in multiple projects and it has proven itself to be a reliable service time and time again. The pricing is amazing and whilst you don't get all the bells and whistles other more fully featured services offer it does what it says on the tin. I've used it for multiple different projects utilising both API and SMTP connectivity and both have been solid.

Pros

The pricing is amazing for such a great service. The API is well documented and SDKs are available for the most popular languages. If you are integrating with legacy systems where you have no API access and require an MTA to be configured that i also supported. There's a generous free tier available for smaller projects as well (so long as you are using either EC2 or Lambda to integrate).

Cons

There's really not much to dislike about SES. A dashboard like Sendgrid provides would be a nice additional option but it's aimed at doing one thing and doing it well.

Reasons for choosing Amazon SES

Pricing and reliabiity were the main drivers. There is also superb SDK provision which allowed us to easily integrate multiple different projects in different languages.

Hannah

An affordable email service with good features

My overall usage experiences are mainly two points: efficient but not inexpensive.

Pros

1. Amazon SES helps me to integrate my businesses application quickly. I can configure and send emails in a short time. On the other hand, Amazon SES can receive emails from my customers. I need to pay only the volume of my usage depending on the size of my businesses cases. 2. By using Amazon SES, my company can send emails to our customers efficiently. This is because Amazon SES has email sending statistics which includes the statistics of feedback rates, bounces rates, and deliveries rates. So we can analyze the email efficiency to/from our customers. 3. Amazon SES provides a reputation dashboard, which is a function I like a lot. I can use this function to know accounts performances and anti-spam feedback.

Cons

The customer supports by Amazon are not inexpensive. For a small business like I am running now, I have no idea how long can I afford it.

Perry

No Support for Amazon Simple Email Service

It was good to start, but frustrating once we wanted to go further and when we had any issues whatsoever. It was at the owners decision that we pulled the plug on this project once he listened in on our support call, once we did get someone to talk to us.

Pros

this is a very simple but capable email system that we tried to use and i have worked with others who have used it. the feature set is good, the speed is excellent and the ability to lease an IP and to have tiered levels is very good. It also has a good reputation dashboard so we know what is going on and how to make sure we get lots of emails through spam filters

Cons

Spam filters eventually catch up to you. Also they provide no support via phone that is worthwhile. The support techs are condescending and not very helpful. They close cases very fast, they send pre-canned responses that do not answer the questions you ask, and it is useless to talk to them. We moved away from them after we could not get what we needed done.

Nrip

Industry: Biotechnology

By far the best feature within the AWS suite

We have been using SES for transactional as well as marketing(newsletter) email delivery. We love it.

Pros

It works, and is cheap. There is nothing of the sort to compete with SES for what it offers

Cons

Needs skillful setup as well as administration. Reports are not comprehensive and need SNS knowledge to be able to generate

Price and scalability

Reasons for switching to Amazon SES

it was becoming extremely expensive to send emails via Mailchimp, and Zimbra as wellas Bluehost mail delivery was leading to a number of mails landing up in spam. Elastic email, we never really were able to get comfortable with

Rahel

I only pay for what I use, how much better can it get!

I use it in tangent with another program that allows me to send thousands of emails through my Gmail account. It makes it easy, simple, effective and an overall no-brainer to get those emails out daily. I don't have to worry about delivery or bounce either, which is something I can't say for plenty other similar services.

Pros

One of the biggest things about this program that I absolutely love is the fact that you are only charged for what you used. That alone makes Amazon SES great in my book because I know that I am only paying for the features that I have used over the period of time. It's also very flexible in connecting to various other software/programs etc.

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to figure out how to use the backend for those who are not tech-savvy. As a result, I think that might be something that they can try to improve a little bit. But other than that I'd say it's pretty impressive.

Reasons for choosing Amazon SES

I chose Amazon SES because after testing it against the other software, Amazon SES was the most reliable when it came to bounce rate, etc.

Leon

Simple like in the name and really cheap

We have been using SES for a couple of years now and are very happy with it. It's simple, stable and fast. Pretty much all you need..

Pros

Amazon SES is super straightforward and cheap. You can set it up in no time and it just works. At first your sending limits might be limited but once you have built your reputation and they go up you can send big batches of emails easily. We use it for our marketing automation suites and for our operational messages.

Cons

Reporting is a little more difficult to setup. It works with other products from Amazon and just isnt as straightforward.

Reasons for switching to Amazon SES

SES is cheaper and easier to use

Perfect for transactional emails

I used SES to send notifications from a web platform when certain events occurred. We had a 100% success rate and were never disappointed y the product.

Pros

- It's easy to configure and implement - It makes sending transactional emails very easy - Costs can be easily forwarded to clients

Cons

SES requires technical skills, so only developers can actually access it features, but that's reasonable given the features the product offers.

Reasons for choosing Amazon SES

We're already using the Amazon Web Services platform and it's easier to keep everything in one place, also the quality is very high, as expected from Amazon.

Darian

Review for Amazon SES in our workplace

All of our automated email services go through Amazon SES. We send automated emails for billing reasons (invoices, receipts) We send automated emails for claims management We send automated emails to our employees with reports We even use SES to send reports to our departments with all the errors from SES the previous day (like updating email addresses in our system if they bounce)

Pros

We light how easy it is to setup credentials for our email addresses and send them out. For example, we needed a process which bulk emails many of our insureds and needed a way to easily do this through python. We previously had a self hosted email server we were using but wanted to upgrade to something cloud based and secure.

Cons

One issue we have had was that we would like to be able to store a copy of the messages we send. We are required to save copies of outbound communications for some of the messaging and we have to get around this by using an email account as an 'archive email'. Nothing major but just something that has come up.

Reasons for choosing Amazon SES

We were already integrated with Amazon for many other projects so we thought it was a nice logical forward.

Nessma

Industry: Publishing

Best Solution to Mass Email

I saved thousands of dollars by using Amazon SES to send my newsletter to my over 10,000 list. I rarely pay anything every month, and when I do, it's pennies. For me, it was easy to integrate, but for some it could be challenging. Also, the customer support could be a little difficult to use for help.

Pros

The cheapest way to send thousands of emails every month is using Amazon SES. You get 62000 free emails monthly and after that it's only $0.1/ 1000 emails. No other email provider or mass email manager gives you that luxury. Plus the sending is very reliable and spam control is perfect.

Cons

If your emails are heavy on graphics or images or files, you'll consume much bandwidth which will cost you some money even in the free tier of sending. However, it's nothing compared to what you will pay for sending thousands of emails with any other provider. The other problem is integrating the service with your website or provider. It might be challenging for some with no knowledge of software or server installation.

Anant

The go to choice for Email Marketing and Transactional Mailing

SES was our first choice as the word of mouth was very good. We use it for transactional emails only and so far the lightning fast services at extremely economical price has blown our minds.

Pros

SES is basically the best email service out there. We find it the most used service out of all of the Amazon Web Services suite. - Extremely cheap, $0.10 for 1000 emails is the cheapest in the industry. - Reliability is top notch. - Unlike other services, our emails don't end up in spam. SES has a great reputation. - Limit increase has to be applied for by support tickets, though the service is very fast. - Emails can base send from servers across the world . - The free quota for EC2 sent emails is great for startups and testing.

Cons

It can be a little complicated for non-IT professionals to set up. There is a manual support ticket opening process involved to gain production access, this can lengthen the process to start the email services.

Wale

Great value for monet

Amazon SES has helped us cut a lot of costs. As someone who moved from Mailchimp, I can appreciate this pay-as-you-use model. Although you might miss the fancy insights provided by standard email marketing services, integrating Amazon SES into a capable program bridges this gap.

Pros

The best thing about Amazon SES is the price. You only pay for what you use, and even with this, it's possible the cheapest solution for bulk emails. The delivery rate is good, and it integrates with most bulk email platforms and programs.

Cons

Amazon SES is not exactly easy to set up unless you're a bit tech-savvy. Also, the support is a bit slow when responding to limitation issues. However, once you overcome these hurdles and get it running, the rest is just a piece of cake.

Reasons for switching to Amazon SES

Amazon SES is a lot cheaper.

Ari Eko

robust and cheapest email delivery on the world

i am avid user of amazon ses and this i very good software

Pros

Amozen ses is cheapest and very good for deliverity in email space. their free tier is also generous and their pricing is very pocket friendly.

Cons

setup is complicated especially for newbie, but there are tons of guide on the internet to setting amazon ses.

Ramindu

Programmatically generate massive amounts of emails for a low price point

Amazon SES is a great solution to use as an automated email sending service for applications hosted in the cloud, if you can overcome the complicated set up process.

Pros

Amazon Simple Email Service is a great way to set up and send out automated emails associated with an application you have deployed on the cloud. It provides a comprehensive API that lets you design and send your email out in any way, and works very fast to send out large amounts of emails. The price associated with sending out emails is very reasonable as well.

Cons

Amazon SES can be quite complicated to set up and integrate in to an existing application for someone who is not familiar with its concepts. Any email address that you plan to send emails from must go through a verification process which could take a while.

Reasons for switching to Amazon SES

Change in cloud infrastructure provider

Ashish

Cheapest Email Service I have ever used

We use Amazon SES to send email notifications and verification links of our website. Amazon SES is reliable and fast delivery email service.

Pros

Amazon SES is a fast and very cheap transnational Email service. Amazon SES can send upto 14 email per second. Amazon SES allows you to send email in which from address can be your domain. It is so simple to set up and use. Amazon SES also provided detailed stats of your daily email. You get 62,000 free mail each month if you send mails using EC2 servers.

Cons

Amazon SES is a great email service but you need to make sure you don't exceed your bounce rate beyond 10% otherwise you will loose your ability to use this service.

Cost effective and extremely reliable

It has provided us the base of our email delivery. Pocket friendly and worth every penny you put into.

Pros

We have been using Amazon SES service right from the initial stages of our product journey. It is extremely reliable and has never failed us. I like the fact that we can track the emails sent, I use it for a lot of purposes. It has always been fast and robust, a must use. The best part of it being very cheap.

Cons

The implementation is not very fast, it did take a bit of time. But once you are up and running, it does not require a lot of maintenance.

Nicholas

Easy scalable email service

We have regular internal systems notifications successfully setup with AWS SES. It has integrated well into our code base, and is recommended as a service.

Pros

It's an easy to use email service that integrates well with any code base that you have setup, it is easy to use for systems notifications. It's also pretty easy for users to enable their email address to receive emails, which is a good feature to also avoid spam. The CLI and SDKs are also pretty easy to use and implement.

Cons

The email limits can be pretty small at first, which can be a nuisance when trying to setup internal notification systems.

Reasons for choosing Amazon SES

Much easier to manage, maintain, scale and deploy.

Beecher

Industry: Information Services

Slightly steep learning curve but reliable email delivery

I'm very pleased with SES so far. The free tier is enough for many to get by with, and it's very inexpensive with use beyond that.

Pros

Once I got it setup, it has worked perfectly without any continual maintenance. Emails are delivered quickly and don't end up in spam boxes at the recipient end.

Cons

It's not entirely straightforward to configure and the instructions aren't very intuitive for beginners. You'll need to set it up a few times for a couple domains to get the hang of it.

does a wonderful job , and reliably at the given price point especially when you have limited base

Overall it is one of the most reliable email services out there. it can save you money and help you for both internal dev and marketing.

Pros

this is probably the most inexpensive yet reliable bulk email tool out there in the market and competes head to head with mailchimp and others. aws ses is the classic case of set and forget, where once you are configured then you are good to go, no need for maintenance.

Cons

very limited service regions would be the biggest con. there is an initial limitation on how many emails you can send before you get approved

Reasons for choosing Amazon SES

for the pricing aws ses was the most affordable and reliable.

Darshan

Serverless way to maintain Mail server on cloud

We have migrated all our on-prem solutions from local mail server to AWS SES which also helps us to keep a track on who is doing what and stop any unwanted activities

Pros

One of the best revolution in the history of cloud solution is Simple email service, It removes overhead of maintaining mail server on your datacenter

Cons

AWS SES has a limitation of sending 200 emails in 24 hours which is pretty low when iam running a campaign Though you can call support and increase it by giving justification

Simple Email Service is Actually Simple

We use SES to provide a single point of e-mail delivery for out application servers, that allows us to have a stable delivery platform for all of our application needs.

Pros

Simple Email Service (SES) is a great solution that takes a lot of the hard work out of mail delivery.

World class Email communication tool for Marketing email or any

Overall best and cheap email campaign service for Marketing/organizations.

Pros

Amazon SES is world class service from Amazon that provides mass email campaigns. very cheap to use cost. It is cloud based we no need to worry about infrastructure.Well documented. robust service.

Cons

I don't think this is a negative but we need to learn configuration to setup it, which needs little effort to learn.i think they can simplify configuration settings.

Angelica

Worth it but be careful

I have used this for a long time, but I kept being asked why and how I was using my account. I understand its policies, but it comes a point where this is just not usable at all.

Pros

The price is just the best feature along with its deliverability. You can authenticate your domains and email in a simple way.

Cons

The support is as slow as it can be. It's really annoying to have to ask permission for everything and be under investigation for every email blast you send.

Jose

Easy Transactional Emails

If you don't need to track anything with the emails but just have the need to send emails out, this is by far your best choice.

Pros

The ability to send emails via SMTP protocol and an API. With the API they can achieve millisecond speeds to send emails. It's very affordable.

Cons

Some of the configuration options are a bit complicated and require purchasing other products from AWS.

Simplest way to send and work with email in the cloud

Excellent solution with great scalability and priceing model.

Pros

SES revolutionized way of sending and programatically working with incomming email in the same way that AWS S3 revolutionized storage few years ago. It not only allows you to send all your commercial email but gives you tools to work with incoming email using all of AWS managed services. It's super easy and extremely scalable solution.

Cons

Before starting using it you need to prepare some kind of monitoring system to carry about your emails reputation.

Amazon SES