What are Buffer users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Buffer software through verified user reviews

1,201 Reviews

• icon"The ease of implementation and ability for multiple team members to access the account is a huge plus. The scheduling process is very easy and intuitive."
  • icon"The built-in analytics is a nice feature for a quick glance at the reach of multiple posts. They are continually updating with changing APIs and the new Campaign feature looks promising."
  • icon"Easy to use, great customer service, simple, great free option, app and desktop website work great together."
  • icon"Using Instagram with any social media scheduling app can be a pain and Buffer is no exception to this rule."
  • icon"Sometimes errors occur when scheduling a post and it is unpublished, which leads me to redo the work. What a terrible experience."
  • icon"Additionally, there have been connectivity issues where social accounts randomly get disconnected or an error occurs with publishing a post."

Browse all Buffer Reviews

• Have you used Buffer and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,190 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,190 reviews

Elizabeth

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

Easy to use and essential for my business

Devyani

April 2022

One of a kind of multi account social media management tool for startups

Entirely, buffer is best tool to manage multiple client's social media account at one place and taking note of all post metrics without going top each of the social media platforms. Price should be lesser or they should have optional feature section based on price.

Pros

I liked their integration process, they made it easy to link your account at once to multiple social media account. They always update their software integration. Even with post scheduler, I can be able to plan ahead and schedule all posts. They do not have Instagram story scheduling, but they have reminder. All these things are easy for a new person entering into this field.

Cons

I have not liked the way they mask our links on social media post's caption. It completely ruins our reputation over our client base. They should provide at least a shortening option like Bitly or goo.gle. Many of the times scheduled posts misses its time and get scheduled on other time. This also makes things worse if you're promoting a campaign.

Yasser

End-to-End Social Media Management for Ultimate Growth

Buffer is our essential social media management tool for managing over 50+ profile and pages on different social networks like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. We're a Digital Marketing agency and we've achieved a lot of success with our successful clients through Buffer, We fully depend on it for scheduling posts on each network and for generating reports and insights about our performance to enhance it by curating a better content in the future. It's very helpful and essential to all digital marketing agencies.

Pros

Buffer is our favorite platform for measuring and analyzing the performance of our content through the most in-depth insights across different social media channels for a better and deeper understanding about what's working with your audience and what's not, We like the audience demographics for letting us find out if we're reaching the right audience or not, also the boosted post insights to compare the results between organic posts and paid posts, and the best overall is the account analytics to track engagement metrics for every single account in every channel and compare their results in the end for maximizing our growth rate and improving the performance to the max.

Cons

They really need to involve more AI/ML technologies into Buffer for enhancing the tools like for creating a better content recommendation algorithm and also for the insights and reporting, AI would be very helpful in generating artificial intelligence reports based on goals we set as Google Analytics and such tools like it, We're in the age of AI and it's very essential now in every tech product.

Reasons for switching to Buffer

bad interface and worst analytics and reporting tools, Buffer was much better for real.

Jason

Buffer is a bare-bones alternative to it's competitors

Buffer is great for posting directly to social media without having to log into each platform to manage your accounts. IT has a very reasonable price point for the services that it provides.

Pros

Buffer is easy to use for scheduling and posting to social media. It has saved us a lot of time compared to posting directly to each social media platform. The pricing structure for Buffer is great, and they honor legacy pricing while still passing along the upgrades that normally come with price hikes.

Cons

The tracking and analytics are a bit lackluster when compared to Hootsuite. I would like to see the ability to monitor and respond to replies and comments directly from the app, too.

Reasons for choosing Buffer

Price was the determining factor

Reasons for switching to Buffer

The price point was remarkably lower than Hootsuite.

The Perfect Alternative to Hootsuite

When searching for a social media scheduling platform that permits more than 5 scheduled posts at a time, I'm so glad a colleague recommended Buffer. Buffer has been a life saver for me to be able to schedule posts in advance on a variety of platforms for my clients.

Pros

Buffer permits me to schedule up to 10 posts at a time for my clients across up to 3 linked platforms. I can also create a schedule on the site of what days and times each week I prefer to schedule, and those specific dates/times appear when opening the site. I can then just click on that to schedule my post for that time.

Cons

Early on I experienced some connection issues with Buffer as it unlinked the Instagram account. Sometimes uploading a photo goes awry for no particular reason and I have to reupload.

Reasons for switching to Buffer

Hootsuite changed their settings on the free plan to limit only 5 scheduled posts at a time.

Sergio

April 2022

Easy and convenient post scheduler

Easy to collect content, create drafts and schedule complete posts on different social media. I use it as a repository for ideas, collected content, draft, etc. to easily prepare and schedule my posts on different platforms.

Pros

Easy to collect and schedule content; free tier makes it a real plus for freelance like me.

Cons

In my configuration (LinkedIn+Twitter+Facebook) I cannot attach a PDF to a post; that is definitely a must for my posting on LinkedIn and it limits the usefulness of the platform.

Reasons for switching to Buffer

Buffer sports more features for the free tier

Cristopher

April 2022

Management of social networks in a complete way

In my experience, I can say that if what you are looking for is to program advertisements at a certain time, this tool does it without problems, and it also works well if what you are looking for is effective social media campaigns, either through Facebook or Instagram. others

Pros

What I like most about this tool is that despite being one of the best known, it does not lose the ability to update itself and comply with the schedules, this tool in general is efficient for schedules on social networks, facilitating the professional efforts of both those who work directly with marketing and those who require it for other purposes

Cons

There is nothing that i dislike, the tool is efficient and meets expectations

April 2022

Awesome way to optimize social media management

Pros

The interface is beautiful and makes it much more bearable to spend hours every week to set up my SM posting schedule and analyzing data

Cons

The limits of usage on the Pro plan was a bit too little, considering the cost

April 2022

Buffer is a great post scheduler

I will definitely continue to use Buffer, and recommend it to colleagues

Pros

Buffer is very intuitive and quick to use. I schedule social media posts very quickly

Cons

I wish they had more hashtag tools. Suggestions, etc.,

Darren

The best go-to scheduler

It's great to help clients who have never used a scheduling platform before, it's quite easy to use and reliable.

Pros

It's very easy to use if you're new to scheduling. Just connect the platforms and you'll be scheduling in no time.

Cons

The bolt-on features are on different pages and hugely expensive. Prefer to keep everything in one place and make the prices affordable rather than big leaps.

Reasons for choosing Buffer

Hootsuite is column based and not nice to work with. Buffer just gets the job done.

May 2022

A dreamed automation tool for multi-publishing

Pros

As a marketing manager in a small company, Buffer helped me save a lot of time in publishing and monitoring. As I can't allow my whole time on social media management, the ability to have a central place to publish, adapt content to the platform and monitor all social media was very important. Buffer succeeded to fulfill this need with an easy-to-use platform and fair pricing for small businesses so ROI won't be questionable.

Cons

I think Buffer can improve its support service to help users with onboarding. Also, Buffer faces significant competition and started to fall behind.

Amit

May 2022

budget friendly and easy to use tool for social media posting

Overall, I am very happy with this tool because it has all the features to maintain my social media accounts and save time.

Pros

Buffer allows me to schedule out my social media posts so that I can post consistently in a day. The best thing about Buffer is that it has a Google Chrome extension, so I can share stuff directly from my browser. I could also schedule my posts and check my analytics directly from the analytics tab.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about it.

Makes Social Media Easier

After we decided to find an alternative for Later I've tried a lot of softwares for planning content for social media that would include everything we need but still would be affordable. Buffer was basically the only one that fit both of these categories. We use it for 2 years now and we are very satysfied even though there are some things that need improvement. The product is still improving and adding more feature (for example quite recently they added integration with Canva) which makes me happy to see. I had to communicate with the support a few times and they were always very nice and helpfull.

Pros

- User friendly - Reliable auto publishing - Works with Facebook Groups as well as Pages - You can create campaigns to track all posts with some specific topic - Drafts - Includes analytics for published posts - Regular updates, improvements and new functions

Cons

- It is not possible to set campaign in drafts so you have to remember to add it after adding in queue - Does not reccomend best time to post based on the data from published content - Can't trasnfer drafts between profiles - Missing build-in tool for cropping picture - Tagging other Facebook Sites could use some improvements, sometimes it is hard to find the right page since there are not profile pictures

Reasons for switching to Buffer

Later was missing some very important features for us such as tagging Facebook Pages and sharing posts with link preview instead od picture.

Tigran

Great Social Media Management Tool on the Cheaper Side

Buffer helps a lot in saving time and improving the quality of social media content marketing. It's much easier to schedule the same post from Buffer across different social media platforms than doing so separately. It might seem like a small tweak but makes a great difference for digital marketers.

Pros

Buffer is a great package of social media management tools that rocks a great design and is very consistent with its support and improvements over time. It also helps a lot that it's cheaper compared to other competitors in some ways. The price gives it a competitive advantage if you're pitching an acquisition of an SMM platform to companies that aren't willing to spend a lot on their digital marketing activities.

Cons

It lacks some convenient features that the competitors offer. I'm talking about features like integrated tagging for Twitter and LinkedIn. Last time I used this software it still lacked the proper tagging features which require you to make an extra step to open a separate tab to check whether you got the username right or wrong. Another aspect I dislike is that Buffer's middle-range plan is intended for two users only. In my opinion, the mid-range option should be for at least three people. At the time of choosing, we decided to go with Hootsuite because it's the mid-range plan, while more expensive, was intended for three people and also offered more of the above-mentioned features.

Elizabeth

Industry: Online Media

Easy to use and essential for my business

Buffer is one of the more inexpensive social media scheduling and tracking sites. I really like how easy it is to link all my different social media accounts and schedule my posts ahead of time. It also makes it really easy to post to all my social media accounts at once. I like the browser extension that allows me to buffer an image, website, or page on the fly. I also use their app on my smartphone. It gives me all the tools I need for only about $8 per month. I also like that it offers analytics and tracking information on my posts. You can also republish an old post. Another feature I love is the ability to see all your post comments and comment back from Buffer.

Pros

The ability to link to all different social media accounts. The extension for the web browser is amazing and easy to use. The app for the smartphone is also very easy to use. The free version also has a lot of features. If you do not have a lot of social accounts, the free version works perfectly. You can track the engagement and analytics of your posts. You can actually comment and engage on your posts from the website or app! It's very inexpensive.

Cons

Nothing really. Sometimes a post gets blocked because of the link, but that's an issue with the social media site and not Buffer directly.

Reasons for choosing Buffer

I started out with the free version of Buffer and liked it, so I ended up upgrading to the paid version. It's also much cheaper than Hootsuite.

Buffer - A Good Tool for Social

Overall it does what we need it to do. It's a good tool, not fantastic, but I have yet to find one that is... so all in all I think Buffer does a great job for the price of the software. I do like how all analytics are in one place and how you can have multiple users and editors working on your social copy. It has definitely made social media management easier.

Pros

I do like the ease of use and functionality. It has a clean interface and you can select from a couple of different plan options, including one for posting and analyzing your social media accounts.

Cons

There are limitations. I wish I could go in and schedule weeks or even months worth of content, but I can't because Buffer does not allow you to post carousel photos on Instagram or LinkedIn. We often share more than one photo on our posts so I have to go and manually do that for those networks when we have more than one photo. I hope that functionality will integrate soon because it is a huge downfall of the platform. However, all other platforms are facing this issue, it's not unique to Buffer.

Reasons for choosing Buffer

Overall functionality and cost.

Cost and functionality.

Darien

One of the best social media management platforms with a high price for teams

Overall, Buffer is an excellent platform that offers incredible features - but due to the high price for simple features like team management & multiple users, it is not for me. While our social media team was just me, I found it to be the very best platform for social media management - offering a simple UI & high quality features for the free & low-tier accounts - as our team grew, we rapidly outgrew Buffer simply due to pricing, and found that there were similar products at a lower price point that would fit our needs.

Pros

Buffer is perhaps one of the simplest & easiest social media platforms on the market today; offering comprehensive and crucial features for managing your social media streams. This platform allows for the easy management of multiple social media accounts, allowing you to customize post-times & days, and then schedule posts quickly via the Queue only for those days. It offers built in analytics, direct posting to Instagram & Instagram stories, team management features & more - assuming you are willing to pay for those features. Overall, Buffer was probably my favorite social media management platform due to its simplicity & base features, yet it suffers in a few key areas.

Cons

I loved using Buffer for the period of time that I actually used it, but quickly discovered that the platform could not suite my needs because of one insurmountable obstacle - price. As a non-profit youth organization, having a low overhead cost for platforms such as this is extremely important, and I quickly found myself unable to continue using Buffer as my social media team grew simply because I could not afford their $65 CAD/month just to be able to have a second user (without admin privileges). The added features like direct Instagram Story & first comment seem interesting for me, but not at the cost $663/annually when there are alternatives (be it, with less features) out there that offer a lower overhead cost AND non-profit discounts. Furthermore, while the platform itself is extremely simple to use, I found their pricing structure & different brand building products to be quite confusing - with products such as "Reply", "Publish" and "Analyze" featuring little to no immediately accessible descriptions, and each one carrying a different pricing structure & subscription requirement. Lastly, one feature I've found on other social media platforms (but not on buffer) that I wish were available is the ability to draft a single post that can be queued in multiple social media channels, and customized for each channel. With buffer, you would need to recreate each post - which can take added time dependent on your social media channels.

Reasons for switching to Buffer

Later's Instagram auto-post feature started to fail, with scheduled posts failing to post & Later refusing to notify us.

Amber

Stay Ahead on Social Media Easily with Buffer

Buffer helps our clients manage their social media profiles and schedule out their social media messages according to our strategy ahead of time. This tool makes it easy to work ahead and streamline your scheduling process. The free plan is quite nice as well, as you can connect 3 accounts and schedule out 10 messages ahead of time. This is nice for clients that are just starting to utilize social media management tools! While the pricing structure seems a bit odd, the frustrations I have with Instagram and social media scheduling apps will exist no matter which app you use!

Pros

Buffer makes it easy to schedule out your social media posts ahead of time and you can also manage multiple different accounts from one place. At our marketing company, it's also easy for clients to understand and use on their own time whether they're on their phone or computer.

Cons

Using Instagram with any social media scheduling app can be a pain and Buffer is no exception to this rule. Some IG posts have to be scheduled manually which defeats the purpose if you're just using Buffer to control IG accounts. Their pricing structure is also confusing with different prices for publishing, analyzing and replying. It can make it difficult for potential clients to understand exactly what they're paying for.

Reasons for choosing Buffer

We typically recommend either Buffer or Hootsuite to our clients that need help with social media scheduling! Most of our smaller clients normally choose the Buffer Pro Publish package, simply based on price, since 100 messages scheduled ahead of time is more than enough!

Nathaniel

Buffer-Social Media Management and Automation

The best thing about Buffer is the number of accounts and posts that can be added. Next up the ability to see the overall potential of posts in the analytics gives a good insight as to who your fans are, who they're fans are and what they like sharing. Overall, Buffer is a must have for Social Media users who can't spend every waking hour posting.

Pros

I have been using Buffer for around two years and still think it is a must-have for any social media users who are needing to automate their posts. Top pros for this software are: Relatively low cost. Run multiple profiles. Ability to schedule damn near unlimited posts. Scheduling options and queue are presented well and easy to use. The way the analytics are presented. The content feed is also a brilliant feature, although it can also do with some significant improvements. This is by far one of the best low cost/free software's for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn posting.

Cons

As above, the content feed needs some improvement, as it does not always pull the most recent links. Addition of a filter for the content feed would be an A* feature. Sometimes hashtag lists do not display correctly and errors can be shown when tagging someone's profile. Need to be able to create a permanent, possibly arranged list of regularly used hashtags. Instagram posts need to be monitored as direct posting is not available, instead, you are notified to 'ok' the post first. This wouldn't be a problem IF the notifications actually were pushed on time, plus it does kind of defeat the purpose of the automation.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Nathaniel, thank you so much for the kind feedback and suggestions. Your suggestions are really helpful in helping us improve the product. I personally really like the idea of filtering the content feed. I'm glad to share that you can now schedule and automatically publish your Instagram posts to your Instagram Business profiles without needing the notifications. Here's more information: https://buffer.com/instagram. -Alfred

Replied January 2019

Jordan

Industry: Publishing

Buffer, the Only Way to Manage Social Media

If not for Buffer I would not be able to post regularly to social media. I don't get on the various platforms enough to post everyday, and Buffer makes it possible to bring a message to my audience on a consistent basis.

Pros

I love using Buffer to plan out my social media strategy. Here is what I love most about it: 1) It easily integrates with Twitter and Facebook. It works with Pinterest and Instagram, but I only use it for Facebook and Twitter. 2) You get to use it for free for up to 10 scheduled posts at a time (as of this writing) and this allows you to be sure that it works for you and for your needs. 3) The team at behind Buffer is fantastic. The few times I needed to contact support I was helped right away and my issue taken care of just like that. Their emails are funny and you can tell that they love what they do.

Cons

Honestly there isn't a lot I dislike about Buffer. If I had major problems with it I would have switched over to Hootsuite or a similar app. In the end, here are three things I could Buffer could improve upon. 1) The UI can be a bit clunky at times. I think it could use a makeover. It's not terrible by any means but it can be confusing to figure out. 2) Sometimes the extension doesn't connect right, and it gets stuck in a loading pattern. 3) I often have to go and reauthorize twitter or Facebook to work again. It can get annoying to do this over and over. Overall, these downsides are only slight and don't stop me from loving Buffer.

Response from Buffer

Hi, Jordan, thank you so much for the review and feedback. Our engineers and designers have been working hard to rebuild the infrastructure and look of Buffer. I hope that will improve the user interface and minimize those issues. -Alfred

Replied November 2018

Affordable, Super Simple, Nice Feature Set, Amazing Support

Pros

I started using buffer around 5 years ago and they had a great idea right from the start: how can I schedule social media tasks well in advance so I can set it and forget it? This has been the core feature ever since: you create your posts, define your posting schedule and let the app do it's magic automatically. Most social media marketers I know care more about the quality of their posts than scheduling each post with an exact date and time and that's where buffer excels. You can also add different social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter and now even Instagram. The latter is really something most social media apps can't do, so it's great to have. Buffer is a great tool to "collect" posts from everywhere you go and just put it into your queue with the click of a button. For this they created a browser extension that you can just press when you're reading an article you like and it will be immediately added to your buffer. Also buffer is the only app I know of that has integrations with lots of blogs and the like that allow you to just add to your buffer with a simple click. Watch out for the "Add to Buffer" button when you browse the web. The free version allows you not just to thoroughly test the software, but also to use it for your small social media projects where you can schedule up to 10 posts at once. Oh, and the support is amazing! I once asked for a refund because auto renewal was activated for a customer and they happily refunded it,

Cons

The pricing was way more compelling before with the Awesome plan. Additional team members are a must when you're collaborating, but they start at 99$ a month which is too much in my opinion. The buffer is missing some crucial collaboration features of other software that makes it hard to use for working as a team. The current approach is more like "everybody adds their posts and they'll be scheduled automatically" and less "everybody suggests posts and let's discuss them in the team". Thus it's not ideal for agencies that would like to discuss posts internally and send them to the client for approval.

Kevin

Social Media Built for Busy People

Overall experience is really great I found myself using more of a batching method and help retrain my mind and how to use social media for my business I found myself wanting to have more and so trying different software and making it so I can save time for the day is what I wanted to do and the software really helped.

Pros

As a business owner, I find myself wanting to use social media to promote my content. But having the time to do so is very time consuming. So here comes this software with an easy and alternative way to post on social media without having to take so much time and being able to what I like to call batch posting. This is the ability to post when you want and schedule those posts but you can drop all these posts beforehand and schedule them out instead of having to do them at the time you wanted to post. This is a huge game changer and makes it really easy to post on social media and still be active.

Cons

I find myself hitting a barrier once again with these types of software. A lot like hootsuite there's a limitation on what you can do for the free account. I'm finding myself also wanting to post on Instagram for carousels and it doesn't quite work right and it makes it more inconvenient than just posting on my own. And at that point I find myself wanting just to use the original method.

Reasons for choosing Buffer

I wanted to try buffer, because it offered a different type of software limit compared to Hootsuite.

Reasons for switching to Buffer

The software is more specific for posting and scheduling whereas I could schedule what I wanted to post but not actually post it in air table.

Santiago

One of the best market options to manage your work in social networks.

Working in the levels of Community Manager, and Social Media Manager, it is important to try many options for the automation of the accounts of all the clients that trust my marketing vision to manage their presence in the network. With Buffer I have saved a lot of money, activities that several people did in the past, now it is enough to use their platform from cell phones, even in a computer, it is that multiplatform feature that makes me stay loyal to your commercial options. Another element that very few speak is time, for me it is vital, that is why thanks to buffer, I only dedicate the essential to plan all the content and I count on its technology for the fulfillment of the assignments that I seek to generate per day. That is why if you are looking for an effective and very capable option, with buuffer you arrived at the indicated place.

Pros

One of the headaches of every community manager, is the fact of managing all the networks of one or several clients, thanks to Buffer that is a thing of the past. I really like the possibility that it offers me to have everything I need in one place to make my work better and better. Another thing I look for in a platform for the management of social networks, is to be able to measure the scope of each of the issues that are published, thanks to buffer it is possible to obtain it without any problem. Also, I can take the time and the effectiveness of my work, I have received several days to get other customers since I started using this wonderful platform, which translates into higher income for my services supported by Buffer, I daresay that, at present, is the best alternative for the management of social networks.

Cons

I have been using Buffer for several years for the automation of my work and I am very happy with everything that it offers, I can not negatively affect it because I have seen how they constantly correct all the inconveniences that arise, so I do not accompany my criticism with any negative comments the platform. I am sure that soon they will improve the web interface and include many more surprises to increase the number of users.

Jason

Still one of the best social media schedulers

Pros

Quick to schedule social media posts to multiple accounts in a few clicks. Extremely versatile and easy to use. I have used many social media scheduling tools over the years but keep coming back to Buffer. I actually used the free version for many years but as a business grows and your social media presence grows it is better to pay for a solution that allows you to manage them all under one roof. When it comes to scheduling posts, the interface is clean and simple and easy to use. There is link shortening too if required. The limit for queued posts is 100 per social media account which is easily enough for at least a month's worth of posts so should be sufficient for most users. Automatic Instagram posting is a relatively new and welcome addition to Buffer. Support are pretty responsive when required but I haven't needed much from them in all honesty. All in all I really like Buffer. It is considerably cheaper than many of its competitors and does what it does really well and if someone is looking to buy into a paid social media scheduling tool I would recommend they start here.

Cons

RSS feed can be a bit clunky. Is 8 accounts generous enough? You are "limited" to 8 social media accounts on the Pro plan which sounds a lot but can be filled up quickly. They reduced this in March 2018 from 10 to 8 which was disappointing. Another disappointment is the lack of a native way to enable bulk scheduling by uploading a csv file. This is available in other schedulers (although they are considerably more expensive than Buffer). Fortunately there is a solution in the form of a 3rd party application called "bulk buffer" (just do a Google search for it).

Response from Buffer

Hi, Jason, thank you for the kind review and honest feedback about our tool. If you are up for sharing, I would love to hear more about the RSS feed. I also hear you regarding the account limits and bulk scheduling. We have heard similar feedback about the account limits and have been thinking about how we could improve that. Thanks again for the feedback.

Replied October 2018

Buffer is the Best!!

As a single person managing the marketing across all fields for a company, including their traditional advertising, website maintenance and content, with HR on the side, buffer has enabled me to keep up with the social media without a worry. I can take a day out every few weeks and put a plan into action which will run in the background while I am consumed by other tasks. It is a real life saver.

Pros

I love using this product, after trying to get along with other platforms which enable you to pre program posts across different social media platforms this is by far the best on I have found! It is extremely user friendly, you can clearly look at your monthly schedule on a separate window to see what you have planned it. The reminders for posts which have not successfully posted (e.g. multiple images to instagram) are a brilliant help! And Buffer is constantly being updated and improved.

Cons

Not being able to post multiple images to instagram. Sometimes images take a long time to buffer and stick on '99% finishing up' and you have to delete the post/ reopen the page to try again.

Reasons for choosing Buffer

Buffer was much easier to use, had clearer areas and I clicked with it right away

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,190 reviews