• Pros

• "Ease of use and customer service was excellent"

• "I love the simplicity of the UI on both the website and the app. It makes it really easy and pleasant to use."

• "I like how it's intuitive and easy to use! I love how you can add multiple profiles and use the Buffer for most of the pages that you run! "

• Cons

• "The only issue is that to unlock most of the cool features you need to have a premium pass. Apart from that, it is awesome software!"

• "The extension needs more features like groups or other ways to pick where to publish faster. The interface in general is a little clunky, but it works."

• "The only thing I can complain about is every once in a while my LinkedIn account gets disconnected and I need to reauthorize it. Other than that, this software has everything!"

Browse Buffer Reviews

Amber from Leap Clixx

Stay Ahead on Social Media Easily with Buffer

Buffer helps our clients manage their social media profiles and schedule out their social media messages according to our strategy ahead of time. This tool makes it easy to work ahead and streamline your scheduling process. The free plan is quite nice as well, as you can connect 3 accounts and schedule out 10 messages ahead of time. This is nice for clients that are just starting to utilize social media management tools! While the pricing structure seems a bit odd, the frustrations I have with Instagram and social media scheduling apps will exist no matter which app you use!

Pros

Buffer makes it easy to schedule out your social media posts ahead of time and you can also manage multiple different accounts from one place. At our marketing company, it's also easy for clients to understand and use on their own time whether they're on their phone or computer.

Cons

Using Instagram with any social media scheduling app can be a pain and Buffer is no exception to this rule. Some IG posts have to be scheduled manually which defeats the purpose if you're just using Buffer to control IG accounts. Their pricing structure is also confusing with different prices for publishing, analyzing and replying. It can make it difficult for potential clients to understand exactly what they're paying for.

Reasons for Choosing Buffer

We typically recommend either Buffer or Hootsuite to our clients that need help with social media scheduling! Most of our smaller clients normally choose the Buffer Pro Publish package, simply based on price, since 100 messages scheduled ahead of time is more than enough!

Nathaniel from BTC Bros

Buffer-Social Media Management and Automation

The best thing about Buffer is the number of accounts and posts that can be added. Next up the ability to see the overall potential of posts in the analytics gives a good insight as to who your fans are, who they're fans are and what they like sharing. Overall, Buffer is a must have for Social Media users who can't spend every waking hour posting.

Pros

I have been using Buffer for around two years and still think it is a must-have for any social media users who are needing to automate their posts. Top pros for this software are: Relatively low cost. Run multiple profiles. Ability to schedule damn near unlimited posts. Scheduling options and queue are presented well and easy to use. The way the analytics are presented. The content feed is also a brilliant feature, although it can also do with some significant improvements. This is by far one of the best low cost/free software's for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn posting.

Cons

As above, the content feed needs some improvement, as it does not always pull the most recent links. Addition of a filter for the content feed would be an A* feature. Sometimes hashtag lists do not display correctly and errors can be shown when tagging someone's profile. Need to be able to create a permanent, possibly arranged list of regularly used hashtags. Instagram posts need to be monitored as direct posting is not available, instead, you are notified to 'ok' the post first. This wouldn't be a problem IF the notifications actually were pushed on time, plus it does kind of defeat the purpose of the automation.

Response from Buffer

Replied January 2019

Hi, Nathaniel, thank you so much for the kind feedback and suggestions. Your suggestions are really helpful in helping us improve the product. I personally really like the idea of filtering the content feed. I'm glad to share that you can now schedule and automatically publish your Instagram posts to your Instagram Business profiles without needing the notifications. Here's more information: https://buffer.com/instagram. -Alfred

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

One of the best social media management platforms with a high price for teams

Overall, Buffer is an excellent platform that offers incredible features - but due to the high price for simple features like team management & multiple users, it is not for me. While our social media team was just me, I found it to be the very best platform for social media management - offering a simple UI & high quality features for the free & low-tier accounts - as our team grew, we rapidly outgrew Buffer simply due to pricing, and found that there were similar products at a lower price point that would fit our needs.

Pros

Buffer is perhaps one of the simplest & easiest social media platforms on the market today; offering comprehensive and crucial features for managing your social media streams. This platform allows for the easy management of multiple social media accounts, allowing you to customize post-times & days, and then schedule posts quickly via the Queue only for those days. It offers built in analytics, direct posting to Instagram & Instagram stories, team management features & more - assuming you are willing to pay for those features. Overall, Buffer was probably my favorite social media management platform due to its simplicity & base features, yet it suffers in a few key areas.

Cons

I loved using Buffer for the period of time that I actually used it, but quickly discovered that the platform could not suite my needs because of one insurmountable obstacle - price. As a non-profit youth organization, having a low overhead cost for platforms such as this is extremely important, and I quickly found myself unable to continue using Buffer as my social media team grew simply because I could not afford their $65 CAD/month just to be able to have a second user (without admin privileges). The added features like direct Instagram Story & first comment seem interesting for me, but not at the cost $663/annually when there are alternatives (be it, with less features) out there that offer a lower overhead cost AND non-profit discounts. Furthermore, while the platform itself is extremely simple to use, I found their pricing structure & different brand building products to be quite confusing - with products such as "Reply", "Publish" and "Analyze" featuring little to no immediately accessible descriptions, and each one carrying a different pricing structure & subscription requirement. Lastly, one feature I've found on other social media platforms (but not on buffer) that I wish were available is the ability to draft a single post that can be queued in multiple social media channels, and customized for each channel. With buffer, you would need to recreate each post - which can take added time dependent on your social media channels.

Alexa from Freelance

Simple solution for keeping social active

It's great for clients just starting out with social or who need an idiot-proof solution to schedule content across a bunch of social sites without much effort. I've suggested it to a ton of my clients when I was doing social media management, it makes it easy to keep the feeds full without too much of a headache. It's still got it's downsides, but so do most of the other ones out there.

Pros

I often recommend Buffer to clients as a simple way to keep social accounts active. I like the queue, and the chrome extension is a convenient way to easily add new articles and shares to your social feed without having to do much extra work. The feature where it adds hashtags on insta to a comment is really slick too. The free version gets a lot done and even the paid is a pretty good value for just posting to social.

Cons

I get a bit annoyed when it unpairs from my social accounts. I try to avoid notifications so this means my accounts can go dark for a few days until I notice that it hasn't been posting content to that site. The chrome extension can also be glitchy, where you have to reload the page to use it. It's also a bit lame that for any additional features it's a new paid thing, like analytics etc. It adds up fast for truly agile functionality.

Duane from Bonfire Photography

Industry: Photography

Buffer is ok

Pros

Does what they say which is allows one to schedule posts to social media.

Cons

Raised their price for individual accounts from 10 to 15 a month. Went to the free plan because of it then you lose posting abilities. Software has always had issues with it as each "upgrade" can result in loss of features. I hesitate to upgrade because of this. Sometimes it is best to leave things along. Some of the responses the software give can seem sophomoric, "Oops" comments, how about programming in not allowing times that have gone by instead of the comments? Every third post the app hangs for at least 3 minutes which is very annoying. They had better versions than the current ones as of late.

Cassandra from Gracefully Fed

Very easy to use platform that allows you to spend your valuable time elsewhere!

I love buffer! It truly helps small business owners, brand managers, and social media professionals to keep everything organized and in one place.

Pros

Let's me schedule posts ahead of time so I don't have to worry about getting on my phone or settings alarms at certain times I can schedule posts for multiple accounts across multiple platforms Interface is easy to use and has different types of views so you can pick which you prefer Has a system that helps you to find content without having to go all over the internet

Cons

Sometimes scheduling posts during specific times on the drag and drop interface wouldn't work and it would move my posts all over. I don't suggest using this view for scheduling posts - just choose one of the others!

Tony from Speakeasy Digital Marketing - now Belo + Company

Buffer is the Best of the Bunch.

Overall, Buffer is the best of the bunch. They are continuously improving the software and they are very transparent about how their company works.

Pros

The team at Buffer listens to their users and makes continuous improvements to the software. I love how the calendar feature has evolved over the years.

Cons

I'm not so fond of the Big Brother element of the software that tells me that I've recently posted the same post and that it won't allow me to post again. This has made me consider dropping Buffer.

Natalie from GCL Media LLC

Best scheduler out there, in my opinion!

Pros

Buffer has been the easiest scheduler to use and implement, especially with a small team! You can schedule stories (a notification is sent to your phone), Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and the price is worth it!

Cons

The only complaint I have is when there are issues between Facebook and Instagram in linking pages... this may be an issue within Facebook though and has nothing to do with Buffer!

Christiana from CPJ Global

Every digital marketing needs this

Awesome software especially if you are just starting in digital marketing

Pros

The schedule posting and its UX design, it is simple to use and works great with social media platforms

Cons

One have to pay to get their extra extra feature

Buffer is affordable

Charity from On My Kindle BR

Free plan isn't anything special

Overall, I'm unimpressed with the free. While the "suggested media" feature is helpful and I enjoy the uncomplicated user interface, the lack of analytics and random default posting schedule doesn't differentiate it from other social media management software. I'm unwilling to spend money to upgrade to the next level because I already have access to limited analytics and I can use IFTTT and Google Calendar to schedule my Pinterest posts for free.

Pros

I think that Buffer's "suggested media" feature is incredibly intuitive. Rather than having to upload an image for a social media post, Buffer pulls images from the post and prompts me to attach one of the images. Buffer's user interface is uncomplicated and easy to navigate, and I've never had a problem with Instagram posts that I've scheduled not being posted because my Buffer account disconnected from my Instagram account.

Cons

The default posting schedule that Buffer comes up with is random, even for premium users, it has nothing to do with engagement or views of past social media posts. With the free version, there aren't any analytics. To counter that, I ended up using other analytics software and a different link shortener.

Reasons for Choosing Buffer

I didn't choose Buffer over Hootsuite. I used Buffer in conjunction with Hootsuite to determine which software was better. In the end, I chose Hootsuite because its default posting schedule and analytics were better than what Buffer had to offer.

Jordan from Jordan Ring

Industry: Publishing

Buffer, the Only Way to Manage Social Media

If not for Buffer I would not be able to post regularly to social media. I don't get on the various platforms enough to post everyday, and Buffer makes it possible to bring a message to my audience on a consistent basis.

Pros

I love using Buffer to plan out my social media strategy. Here is what I love most about it: 1) It easily integrates with Twitter and Facebook. It works with Pinterest and Instagram, but I only use it for Facebook and Twitter. 2) You get to use it for free for up to 10 scheduled posts at a time (as of this writing) and this allows you to be sure that it works for you and for your needs. 3) The team at behind Buffer is fantastic. The few times I needed to contact support I was helped right away and my issue taken care of just like that. Their emails are funny and you can tell that they love what they do.

Cons

Honestly there isn't a lot I dislike about Buffer. If I had major problems with it I would have switched over to Hootsuite or a similar app. In the end, here are three things I could Buffer could improve upon. 1) The UI can be a bit clunky at times. I think it could use a makeover. It's not terrible by any means but it can be confusing to figure out. 2) Sometimes the extension doesn't connect right, and it gets stuck in a loading pattern. 3) I often have to go and reauthorize twitter or Facebook to work again. It can get annoying to do this over and over. Overall, these downsides are only slight and don't stop me from loving Buffer.

Response from Buffer

Replied November 2018

Hi, Jordan, thank you so much for the review and feedback. Our engineers and designers have been working hard to rebuild the infrastructure and look of Buffer. I hope that will improve the user interface and minimize those issues. -Alfred

Affordable, Super Simple, Nice Feature Set, Amazing Support

Pros

I started using buffer around 5 years ago and they had a great idea right from the start: how can I schedule social media tasks well in advance so I can set it and forget it? This has been the core feature ever since: you create your posts, define your posting schedule and let the app do it's magic automatically. Most social media marketers I know care more about the quality of their posts than scheduling each post with an exact date and time and that's where buffer excels. You can also add different social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter and now even Instagram. The latter is really something most social media apps can't do, so it's great to have. Buffer is a great tool to "collect" posts from everywhere you go and just put it into your queue with the click of a button. For this they created a browser extension that you can just press when you're reading an article you like and it will be immediately added to your buffer. Also buffer is the only app I know of that has integrations with lots of blogs and the like that allow you to just add to your buffer with a simple click. Watch out for the "Add to Buffer" button when you browse the web. The free version allows you not just to thoroughly test the software, but also to use it for your small social media projects where you can schedule up to 10 posts at once. Oh, and the support is amazing! I once asked for a refund because auto renewal was activated for a customer and they happily refunded it,

Cons

The pricing was way more compelling before with the Awesome plan. Additional team members are a must when you're collaborating, but they start at 99$ a month which is too much in my opinion. The buffer is missing some crucial collaboration features of other software that makes it hard to use for working as a team. The current approach is more like "everybody adds their posts and they'll be scheduled automatically" and less "everybody suggests posts and let's discuss them in the team". Thus it's not ideal for agencies that would like to discuss posts internally and send them to the client for approval.

Santiago from El Brunch Show

One of the best market options to manage your work in social networks.

Working in the levels of Community Manager, and Social Media Manager, it is important to try many options for the automation of the accounts of all the clients that trust my marketing vision to manage their presence in the network. With Buffer I have saved a lot of money, activities that several people did in the past, now it is enough to use their platform from cell phones, even in a computer, it is that multiplatform feature that makes me stay loyal to your commercial options. Another element that very few speak is time, for me it is vital, that is why thanks to buffer, I only dedicate the essential to plan all the content and I count on its technology for the fulfillment of the assignments that I seek to generate per day. That is why if you are looking for an effective and very capable option, with buuffer you arrived at the indicated place.

Pros

One of the headaches of every community manager, is the fact of managing all the networks of one or several clients, thanks to Buffer that is a thing of the past. I really like the possibility that it offers me to have everything I need in one place to make my work better and better. Another thing I look for in a platform for the management of social networks, is to be able to measure the scope of each of the issues that are published, thanks to buffer it is possible to obtain it without any problem. Also, I can take the time and the effectiveness of my work, I have received several days to get other customers since I started using this wonderful platform, which translates into higher income for my services supported by Buffer, I daresay that, at present, is the best alternative for the management of social networks.

Cons

I have been using Buffer for several years for the automation of my work and I am very happy with everything that it offers, I can not negatively affect it because I have seen how they constantly correct all the inconveniences that arise, so I do not accompany my criticism with any negative comments the platform. I am sure that soon they will improve the web interface and include many more surprises to increase the number of users.

Jason from Becton Dickinson

Still one of the best social media schedulers

Pros

Quick to schedule social media posts to multiple accounts in a few clicks. Extremely versatile and easy to use. I have used many social media scheduling tools over the years but keep coming back to Buffer. I actually used the free version for many years but as a business grows and your social media presence grows it is better to pay for a solution that allows you to manage them all under one roof. When it comes to scheduling posts, the interface is clean and simple and easy to use. There is link shortening too if required. The limit for queued posts is 100 per social media account which is easily enough for at least a month's worth of posts so should be sufficient for most users. Automatic Instagram posting is a relatively new and welcome addition to Buffer. Support are pretty responsive when required but I haven't needed much from them in all honesty. All in all I really like Buffer. It is considerably cheaper than many of its competitors and does what it does really well and if someone is looking to buy into a paid social media scheduling tool I would recommend they start here.

Cons

RSS feed can be a bit clunky. Is 8 accounts generous enough? You are "limited" to 8 social media accounts on the Pro plan which sounds a lot but can be filled up quickly. They reduced this in March 2018 from 10 to 8 which was disappointing. Another disappointment is the lack of a native way to enable bulk scheduling by uploading a csv file. This is available in other schedulers (although they are considerably more expensive than Buffer). Fortunately there is a solution in the form of a 3rd party application called "bulk buffer" (just do a Google search for it).

Response from Buffer

Replied October 2018

Hi, Jason, thank you for the kind review and honest feedback about our tool. If you are up for sharing, I would love to hear more about the RSS feed. I also hear you regarding the account limits and bulk scheduling. We have heard similar feedback about the account limits and have been thinking about how we could improve that. Thanks again for the feedback.

Abigail from E.D.G. & Atelier

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple and easy social media manager

I'm a huge fan of Buffer (And Hootsuite), Buffer was the first social media manager I've ever used. It was easy to use and the UI was great. I use the free plan which came with 7 days (I think) to use the Pinterest feature free. I wish the free plan wasn't restricted to 10 posts per profile but I can understand the reason. There was also an image quality loss when I used buffer on my Kindle fire tablet, but their support was quick to help and while Buffer isn't natively functional on Fire, it was god to know that the customer care did all that they could to help. Buffer analytics is kind of lame, maybe it's because I'm on the free plan but I laughed when I clicked on analytics and the metrics were: Retweets, Likes, Mention, Comments, Shares, Potential' Instagram Analytics gives better stats than that One area where Buffer trumps Hootsuite is that it the free plan supports 5 social media profiles (Once again you can only use Pinterest for 7 days free but meh). I like the fact that I can set up my preferred schedule times and then when I 'Add to Queue' the posts go out at the specified time. It's like MavSocial's 'Campaign' feature. I also liked being able to Rebuffer my old posts. It kept my social media profile continually active. I mostly use Buffer connected to getcrate.co to keep my social media profiles active.

Pros

Buffer integrates nicely with softwares such as start a fire, feedly and Crate. Which are all softwares i use. This makes it easy for me to share content to my followers. It is easy to use and the freeplan supports 5 social medis networks.

Cons

The image quality loss I experienced when i used Buffer on my fire tablet. Granted Buffer on my android tablet is perfect but I wished it worked just as well as Hootsuite did.

Buffer is the Best!!

As a single person managing the marketing across all fields for a company, including their traditional advertising, website maintenance and content, with HR on the side, buffer has enabled me to keep up with the social media without a worry. I can take a day out every few weeks and put a plan into action which will run in the background while I am consumed by other tasks. It is a real life saver.

Pros

I love using this product, after trying to get along with other platforms which enable you to pre program posts across different social media platforms this is by far the best on I have found! It is extremely user friendly, you can clearly look at your monthly schedule on a separate window to see what you have planned it. The reminders for posts which have not successfully posted (e.g. multiple images to instagram) are a brilliant help! And Buffer is constantly being updated and improved.

Cons

Not being able to post multiple images to instagram. Sometimes images take a long time to buffer and stick on '99% finishing up' and you have to delete the post/ reopen the page to try again.

Reasons for Choosing Buffer

Buffer was much easier to use, had clearer areas and I clicked with it right away

Good for basic scheduling, but doesn't always work!

Overall, Buffer has been a time-saver for scheduling social media messages, and keeping accounts up to date. It's not the most robust social media software I've used, but it does the basics well.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of the product - connect your accounts, draft your messages, and set a publishing schedule. The tools are all there to manage social media messages across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and (sometimes) Instagram. I also appreciate the custom link shortening/tagging and message approval workflow for collaborating with others.

Cons

Connection problems happen fairly often with LinkedIn - this may be more on the platform side than with Buffer itself, but it's frustrating nonetheless. Also, the features for Instagram can be limiting - for example, not being able to schedule a video post (or pick an appropriate cover image for the video).

Reasons for Choosing Buffer

We chose Buffer over Sprout Social for cost reasons, and over Hootsuite because we preferred its UI.

Gregory from Pinnacle Mortgage Corporation

If you post to social media for your business, you need to be using this service.

I'm not a social media professional, and have no interest in spending time each day on multiple pages of multiple sites to share information for business marketing. Buffer let's me do exactly that work with a few clicks, and schedule posts out for days at a time.

Pros

Buffer takes so much effort out of frequent social media posting. It allows with a click and a few words of caption to post to one site or many, one page or many, on a pre-set or "next up" schedule so that you never have to stop what you're doing to share a web site to your profiles. It takes care of the post times, the queue, the placement, even the analyitics of how your posts perform across all of your social sites. Their blog alone is worth subscribing to - jammed with useful and entertaining tips for maximizing your results, and the free version can be very helpful for startup pages or social enthusiasts. But when you're serious about posting for your business, the paid plans make the transition to "professional social media marketer" very seamless.

Cons

Recently, Facebook and Buffer aren't as tightly integrated as they used to be. That's a change with FB, and Buffer is very up front about why things are different. It's a small step backward, and not the developer's fault at all. It's still the very best value in managed social media posting, and a sanity saver for anyone who posts to multiple sites/profiles/pages on a regular basis.

Liz from Liz Wade Photography

Industry: Photography

Buffer for Small Business

Overall, Buffer is a helpful tool for scheduling posts across many platforms. As a small business owner, I have very little time leftover at the end of the day, and the last thing I want to worry about is my social media posting. Buffer helps me streamline my workday and check one more thing off the list with little effort.

Pros

As a photographer, I rely heavily on social media, so social media assistants/schedulers are great for streamlining work. Some pros of Buffer are: - There are varying levels of accounts, including a free option, so you're sure to find a plan that works for you - Buffer has a strong analytics tool. The big plus here for me is that it will show you in plain english which posts perform better or worse (and you can filter them by engagement type). - Scheduling posts across platforms is literally as easy as one click. - The interface is simple and very user friendly.

Cons

Cons: -The biggest con is not a fault of Buffer, and that is its integration with Instagram. Instagram does not allow third party apps to post on its behalf, so Buffer cannot do this. It instead will send a notification to your phone to let you know that it loaded a photo into your Instagram account, and from there you take the lead. - With the free version, you can only keep 10 scheduled posts at a time. - The analytics lacks a key thing: the ability to monitor mentions, searches or hashtags.

Response from Buffer

Replied December 2018

Hi, Liz, thank you for your amazing review! You might be glad to know that you can now schedule single-image posts to your Instagram business profiles (https://buffer.com/instagram). As for monitoring mentions, searches, and hashtags, you might like Buffer Reply, our social media engagement tool (https://buffer.com/reply/). Hope this helps! -Alfred

Erik from Willow Narrative

Buffer is a Great Social Scheduler for Small Business Owners

Pros

I've done social media marketing consulting for 3-4 years now and I will always suggest Buffer to my small business clients. The platform is so straightforward it would take the most non-technology savvy person to get lost on it. The free platform works flawlessly and lets you connect quite a few of your social accounts, and I have never had a problem with the mobile app - and come to think of it I'm pretty sure I only use the mobile app for scheduling when I create my own content. If you're not sure which social scheduler to use when you're just first starting out, please consider Buffer. Their team is on top of its game when creating content for its users and keeping their community up to date on the latest Instagram API changes and Facebook algorithms. This platform is the real deal.

Cons

This platform is great if you're the sole owner of your social platforms, but when you need to move to a bigger team I would consider upgrading to something more robust like Sprout Social. I really don't have many bad things to say about Buffer besides that its fairly simplistic, but honestly that simplicity is what attracts so many small business owners to the platform. If you have 3-4 social accounts and post fairly regularly on a weekly basis, Buffer is a great product for you.

Bethany from Beachside Vacation Rentals

Great simple tool

Pros

I have used Buffer for two different businesses and might start using it for myself personally soon. It's a very intuitive, user-friendly way to schedule social media posts, and even the free version of Buffer is a useful tool. Compared to Hootsuite I find Buffer to be easier to use, and easier to learn to use, as well as far more pleasant to look at. Buffer easily allows you to schedule social media posts for various media channels, and having the browser add on makes this even easier.

Cons

I've been sad to hear about the features that Buffer is removing from their free plan (previously called the Individual plan) in March of 2018. The Re-buffer option (which allowed you to easily reschedule high-performing posts that you previously posted) will no longer be available on the free plan. They've also changed their link shortening options, no longer offering bitly link shortening. This isn't a huge deal, and if you're planning to pay for Buffer anyway then it's fine. Buffer is really most useful if you pay for it anyway, since the free plan only allows you to schedule 10 posts in advance per social account. I have used both the free and paid version of Buffer, and probably will use both in the future, though I also plan to revisit Hootsuite and consider switching back.

Stephen from TEN56 Brand Development

Great product

Pros

My team uses Buffer every day for posting and scheduling social media posts, we love it!

Cons

Ideally there would be less limits to the free accounts, but can respect their need to push users to the paid options. Even the free account is a great solution.

Reasons for Choosing Buffer

Buffer was more intuitive.

Ron Elius from Creative Digital Cookies

Social Media Management that's not overwhelming

Super awesome easiest navigation of Social Media automation tool.

Pros

Buffer is a great tool for Social Media Marketing and Management. The thing that I liked the most about Buffer is their simple User Interface. You can navigate easily, you won't need a Digital Compass, unlike other Social Media Management tools where you will be lost in a sea of buttons. Connecting your Social Media Profiles will be an easy breeze, click a button and voila! You're already connected and ready to roll-out. Buffer has a Free plan! Yep, you will never have to worry if you're cramming the software. Buffer Free Plan has a built-in Analytics tool that does work intelligently. Every now and then, the Free Plan also receives the Upgrades for the Paid Versions. The Paid Plans are not that Pricey, it's worth your money.

Cons

As much as I love to see if someone mentions my Social Media Account, Buffer cannot show this, if you're a freak about mentions, searches or relevant and rich hashtags, Buffer has little to no feature like this. Just remember, Buffer's purpose is to automate your Social Media Planning, scheduling your posts and publishing your work in a most efficient way possible.

Response from Buffer

Replied August 2018

Thanks so much for the kind review, Ron! We currently have a separate product for social media monitoring and listening, Reply, which we aim to integrate into the Buffer platform in the future. Feel free to check it out here: https://buffer.com/reply/

Gordon from Those Conspiracy Guys

Save time and post better content with Buffer

Ive been a Buffer paid customer for a few years now. Ive dabbled with other software of the same genre but Buffer integrations, the interface, the value for money with the amount of accounts available, and now the new functionality of CRM and better publishing features makes it a no brainier choice over something way more expensive. Buffer get it done at a basic and expert level.

Pros

The integrations with every page and app I use. The iOS functionality makes it so easy to share brilliant content and keep an eye on the interactions that post gets. Its also brilliant if there are more than a couple of posts shared per day.

Cons

Sometimes its difficult to pull the image from the website or post Im sharing and if I share in Safari it means I cant go back and open up another Safari window to look up info to better help me write the post copy. Im sure its a browser issue or something but on mobile its a tiny bit harder to manage.

Theresa from Coastal Waters Creative

Social Media posting with ease

What a blessing! A big time safer - especially for Instagram!!

Pros

I must say the number one thing I like about Buffer is scheduling posts to Instagram without having to trigger them on my phone! The beautiful posts appear on Instagram (and my other social media accounts) when scheduled - even if I'm busy doing something else. I also like the ability to RE-post things from years ago. Because of this, Buffer is a huge time saver for social media (and my sanity!!)

Cons

Re-posting isn't easy. and somewhat frowned upon - even though re-posts are from past years. And posting a video is a little cumbersome, but it still works!

Mukul from Buzo Media

The tool to make your social media posting hassle-free!

Pros

1. I have been using buffer since years now and me being traveling many times and busy with work schedule, it becomes tedious and a headache task to maintain all my social media posting, buffer makes my work easy when i can schedule my weeklong social plan easily in one day. 2. Buffer app is too good but their team is more awesome, whenever i get stuck somewhere there's almost quick support from these guys. 3. Once getting used to, very convenient and pretty quick to use app.

Cons

1. Recurrent "Unknown Error" issues where posts are not scheduled properly which becomes a hastle in itself. 2. Tagging is nearly imppossible which i think is crucial element in our today's social media posting. 3. Posting to instagram is limited to once per day.

Response from Buffer

Replied March 2019

Hi, Mukul, thank you for your review and feedback. 1. I'm so sorry about inconvenience caused by the "Unknown Error" issues. If they are still occurring, may I trouble you to reach out to our support team? Keen to resolve them for you. 2. I agree with you that tagging is crucial in today's social media posting. It's possible to @-mention on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram now, and I believe we are keen to expand on that when the social media platforms allow. Thanks for your patience. 3. To post more than once per day to Instagram, would you be up for adjusting your posting schedule? Here's a quick guide for that: https://faq.buffer.com/article/281-publish-posting-schedule Thanks for your help, Mukul. -Alfred

Top of The Line SMM Service

I have used a multitude of platforms for social media in the past and buffer had proven itself to be more effective for social media marketing and has better value.

Pros

Buffer has everything you need to run an effective social media marketing company/campaign. Unlike other companies there are very little to no bugs, the cost is very affordable, and there is a wide array of social media platforms to use. Scheduled posting makes it easy to post in advance. One unique feature that other companies don't have is the "buffer this" feature. This allows you to share, schedule, and copy any image you see while browsing the internet. Makes for great immediate posting if you see an interesting article or image.

Cons

It would be great to see more social media platforms added like Pinterest. Also hashtag recommendations would be a great addition and very useful to speed up the process.

Response from Buffer

Replied February 2019

Hi, there, thank you for your kind review. You might be pleased to know that you can connect your Pinterest account to Buffer! Here's a bit more information: https://buffer.com/pinterest. And great suggestion about hashtag recommendations. I can see how that'll be helpful and would personally love to be able to use that, too. Thank you for the suggestion. -Alfred

My preferred social media management tool.

Pros

This is the social media mgmt software I use and recommend to clients. It makes managing multiple social media accounts and sharing with audiences super easy, without being complicated to operate. Compared to similar tools, it has an easier user interface - so, it's easy to connect your preferred social platforms, easy to schedule/publish posts for specific times and attach images or links, and easy to manage or re-arrange your queue of schedule posts. Then, when you login to your social accounts, you can focus more on interacting with followers. If you do come across something you'd like to share, it's easy to click the Buffer icon and add it to your queue. It works with pretty much all the social media platforms you'll need - Twitter, Facebook (pages and groups), Insta, Linkedin, Google+, and Pinterest. They've been improving their integration with Instagram, which was much needed. The analytics can be as simple or as detailed as you like, letting you keep track of how your content is doing and how followers are interacting with it. There's a free plan that lets you do quite a lot, but if you're going to get serious about managing your social content and tracking its success, go ahead and upgrade; it's worth it.

Cons

There's not much I don't like. As I mentioned, they've been making regular improvements to Instagram. I can't comment on the quality of their customer service as I've never needed to use it.

Crysti from Barracuda Public Relations

Great Social Media Scheduler, Needs UI Improvements

I am able to schedule our client's social media posts quickly, and add 'filler content', retweets and tweet responses to pre-determined queues. It keeps all of our client's social media active and also engaging.

Pros

What I love most about Buffer is that they're constantly improving. They find ways to update their software and are always seeking ways to be more compliant yet at the same time, cutting edge.

Cons

I really dislike the UI very much. As part of my job, I need to test different software suites to see what makes sense. We manage 50 different social media channels, and having them all populate at the same time when I'm getting ready to schedule a single post is visually cluttered. However, Buffer recently introduced the ability to create groups of networks, so that a group can be selected instead of having to scroll through them all.

Flavio from Avenue

Great way to schedule and manage social accounts

Buffer allows me and my team members to manage and collaborate on social media content management and scheduling. Highly recommended for any teams, big or small.

Pros

Buffer is extremely easy to use and allows me to post content to multiple accounts at the same time. Each individual account can have its own schedule as well, so you can stagger posts on different channels. Just set and forget. Once I've added posts to my accounts, the list view allows me to drag and drop to easily shift the position of specific posts in the schedule, while the calendar view gives me an overarching look at all the planned content. I'd like recommend Buffer as a social content management tool.

Cons

Not a big deal, but it would be great to get a preview on the most basic types of posts (link only for example) on channels like Twitter to be able visualize how the Open Graph components are going to be displayed before posting. This type of preview is automatically generated on channels like Facebook.

Response from Buffer

Replied March 2019

Hi, Flavio, thank you for your review and suggestion! I love the idea of getting a preview, and I believe it's something the team has been thinking about, too. Thanks for the validation. -Alfred

Ron from MadLife Stage & Studios

Daily Buffer User. Main place to send out All Social Media Posts

Overall I've used it for many years and use their paid service for many years as well. I've recommended the product to many other people in my field.

Pros

This software has been my go to social media queue for many years. I have my whole staff using it and am using it across multiple companies. It offers me the ability to easily add content and posts from my desktop or phone. It helps me schedule and stay current on all my social media pages.

Cons

It would be great if Instagram had a little better integration. I also wish the Video editing capabilities of Facebook could be integrated on the Video Editing side of things.

Price and ease of use.

Michele from PositiveHire

Social Media Automated

I've had a great experience with Buffer. Even if Buffer has tech issues they let their customers and community know about it. Their content marketing is great too. The rep and team being transparent makes doing business with Buffer a better option than competitors.

Pros

I've been using Buffer for almost 4 years. I've tried several other scheduling options but always return to Buffer. There are several reasons: 1) ease of use 2) the ability to post to 10 social media accounts 3) integration with Quuu and 4) integration with BulkBuffer. All of this has made Buffer a win win for me.

Cons

I'd like to automate posting into Facebook groups again and LinkedIn Company Pages.

Easy to use social media scheduler

I use Buffer to both schedule our regular posts (website pages, blogs, YouTube videos, etc.) and add off-the-cuff posts. This means that I can create my schedule for months in advance when I have time and just leave it running without having to break into the time I need for my other work responsibilities every few hours to get something posted to our social accounts.

Pros

Buffer is so easy to use, I just set up my schedule and started adding things to it. The posts went out and looked perfect. I use it to schedule posts for three of our business accounts and am able to easily set up our regular posts for months in advance. It makes my work life so much less stressful. The browser extension also makes it really easy to add a new post from our blog or news sites with just a couple clicks. Being able to schedule my retweets as well means that I can easily keep track and when and who I am retweeting.

Cons

I do wish that I could schedule posts with gifs in them...I do love using gifs and am hoping that Buffer will be adding this soon.

Response from Buffer

Replied March 2019

Hi, there, thanks for the kind review. I wish we could schedule GIFs too! It's currently possible to schedule GIFs to Twitter and Pinterest and not for Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn (as we are quite limited by what they allow us to do). Hopefully that'll change soon. -Alfred

Huong from Spotlight Media LLC

Best social media calendar at an affordable price

It was a great experience when we have less than 10 brands to manage. We definitely recommend small businesses and small teams to consider Buffer as it's simple and very affordable with basic use.

Pros

It's super easy and simple to use and to train in your team member. The drag-n-drop function is at ease to use, and the ability to send the same message over multiple platforms has saved us tons of times. The whole calendar is very straightforward (mentions, hashtags, word limits, time,..), exactly like posting on your own social media, but 4 at once within one click. The UX/UI design is also really great, we love seeing the empty spots on our calendar so we could fill in with best contents!

Cons

We have more than one brand to manage and each brand have about 4,5 social media accounts, so that really adds up on the bill! Also, for the price (that we have so many accounts), buffer doesn't go in-depth enough. Their analytic is a bit too simple, maybe suggesting us which post to recycles and best time to schedule?

Response from Buffer

Replied October 2018

Thanks so much for the kind review, Huong! I appreciate your feedback about our analytics, too. We are currently working on a social media analytics tool with more analytics features (in case you're curious): https://buffer.com/analyze. -Alfred

Kevin from DOERS.coffee

Buffer is great for Social Media Posting

We've been using Buffer for years, and it's helped us manage social listening where we can pick up on negative comments/reviews quickly. There's a lot of tools out there already that do scheduling and that do social listening, but what's great about Buffer is that it does both. It's a handy tool and great for any company.

Pros

Buffer's an excellent tool for startups when it comes to managing social media profiles. The scheduling feature is perfect for Instagram, and that's the tool that we use the most. Buffer schedules for all major social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, but still looking for Linkedin Integration, which I believe is on the roadmap for 2019. Buffer's UX/UI is dead simple, which makes navigating and posting a breeze. The engagement feature of replying and social listening makes Buffer a tool that's versatile for a brand that has multiple accounts and a lot of activity -- especially a use case like a restaurant or clothing brand where customers are prone to write negative reviews. Social listening on Buffer helps brands manage negative comments and reply to customers to win them back. Would highly recommend Buffer to any startup/company that is looking for a 360 view on their social media.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Buffer. It's a great tool for social media management.

Response from Buffer

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the awesome review, Kevin! In case it's helpful to know, we do have a LinkedIn integration now. Here's how to connect your LinkedIn Company Page: https://faq.buffer.com/article/447-publish-connect-linkedin-page (Let me know if I might have misunderstood your comment!) Thanks. -Alfred

Simple and Easy to Use

I use Buffer to schedule and plan all of my social media content. I have a business account and I like being able to create drafts and work on posts together with teammates.

Pros

I love buffer! I have been using for several years now - and have taken it from one job to another. I think it is so simple, easy to use and really offers anything that a small business needs for social media management at an affordable price. It works perfectly for my needs and I love that you are now about to use with instagram.

Cons

This software definitely would not be sufficient for someone who gets a lot of engagement on social media because replies are not really managed through this platform. But our engagement is relatively low and is easily manageable without needing it in this tool.

Response from Buffer

Replied August 2018

Hi, there! Thank you for the kind review! I hear you about the management of engagement on social media. We now have a social media engagement tool. Buffer Reply, which we aim to integrate into the Buffer platform in the future. When you need a tool to manage your engagement, feel free to check it out here: https://buffer.com/reply/. Thanks!

Jake from Jake Nichols

Industry: Online Media

Buffer Makes Social Media Simple

I've saved plenty of time by using Buffer to create different variations for social media platforms.

Pros

I use Buffer on a daily basis and love everything about it. I can quickly whip up a post using Adobe Photoshop and then upload it into Buffer. Then, with Buffer, I can create some long-form copy for Facebook and Instagram. I'm easily able to add my hashtags to my Instagram post and keep them out of my Facebook post. I'm also able to put together some short-form copy suitable for Twitter and then upload this post to all three social media networks. It's quite simple, really, but Buffer does everything I need and makes my life a lot easier.

Cons

Buffer has recently added the ability to tag other Facebook pages while making your post in Buffer, which is great. However, this isn't a perfect solution just yet. I've found that it is a little buggy and slow, but I'm sure with updates it will be fixed going forward!

Response from Buffer

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the awesome review and confidence in us, Jake! It's also helpful to hear how you use Buffer. -Alfred

No better way to manage multiple social media profiles individually or as a team

Allows our team to reliably scale social media engagement, grow our social audience, and monitor the conversation easily -- better than ANY other platform we have used, and we've used them ALL.

Pros

* Supports the most popular social media marketing platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, more) all in one place * Seamlessly integrated into the social platforms * Makes scheduling and automating social media publishing extremely easy and effective * Flexible options for publishing and scheduling * Integrated link shortening (including Bit.ly integration) * Integrated analytics * Team support with TFA * Desktop (web) and mobile apps * Responsive tech support * Optional listening (Reply) and advanced analytics (Analyze) * Very competitively priced

Cons

* Optional Analyze tool is weak (built-in analytics are sufficient as well) * Developing a schedule could benefit from a better UI and more options (i.e., automation) * UI for setting dates & times for posts needs work, too many steps, needs some automation

Alex from Haymarket

Best Social Media Tool

Amazing. Best tool for analytics across multiple social accounts.

Pros

Fantastic tool - much easier to use and full of functions when compared to its well known competitors. Their broswer plugin makes post content simple - and their additional graphic tools make Buffer the must have for any social media junkey.

Cons

Was bad slightly less of an awesome program when they made it that you cant post to multiple social account the same article a few years back, but this was no fault of theirs - Twitter changed it stance.

Buffer: top-notch Social Media Management tool - totally good value for money!

Buffer is the top Social Media Management tool for everyone: from junior digital marketers, to experience Social Media Managers willing to maximize their efforts with a time & cost-effective solution. If you plan to work intensely on social media platforms (like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc), by using Buffer you will be able to reach targets / results otherwise impossible.

Pros

Buffer is a software app for social media marketing management (scheduling posts, tracking historical data, planning social media editorial calendar etc) super-easy to setup and extremely efficient. The premium, so-called "Awesome plan", now "Pro Plan" comes at a very convenient rate and you can schedule up to 100 posts/tweets across 10 different social media profiles.

Cons

They've removed an extraordinary tool that was part of Buffer in the past: The Best Time to Post. This feature was able to track the best timings to schedule and post your social content posts, based on your audience and recent history. Buffer indicated that they had to give up on this function, in order to focus on other core-business areas more important for their software app; however, they've indicated some other apps/software able to do this.

Response from Buffer

Replied July 2018

Hi, there! Thank you for the awesome review! We have still being thinking about the optimal timing tool since many people have mentioned it to us. It's something I'm personally very excited about, too. Hope we'll be able to bring back a version of it someday.

A great way to manage your social presence!

It makes it easier to manage your social media profiles, but it still takes work... it's not automatic!

Pros

I like how Buffer is nearly automatic. You simply share an article or a post, etc., and Buffer gets it all ready to go live. You get the option to fine tune each post before submitting (fine tune the message for each social media platform).

Cons

It needs to be easier to customize your social message (share) according to the platform (LinkedIn vs. Facebook vs. Twitter vs. etc.) And if you are managing multiple accounts (if you're an agency, or your company has multiple accounts per platform), the default is to simply share the article/post/photo/video with basic text. I can't say HOW it would work, but some sort of predictive text/AI/canned responses would be nice to help get your social sharing going in a customized fashion. As it is, when you click the "Buffer" share link, the only thing that pre-populates is the article's title, and usually the main photo. So that DOES save time, but if you are using it right, you're probably going to be customizing each message on a per-platform basis anyways (so how much time does that really save?) The company to take it to the next level and semi-fully automate it will be the winner!

Response from Buffer

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the review and suggestion! Suggesting text using AI to make posts more customized is a great idea for us to think on.

chandrika from Conduent

Manage your social media!!!

overall I am loving this app till now, it's easy to use.

Pros

It's easy to manage social media life with the help of buffer. It's an app which manages all your social media accounts, you can schedule your posts and upload them on various social media channel at the same time from just this app, so you don't need to login in separate accounts every time you want to post something. it's analytics also helps you to know when you should post on your social media channel, and how effective it will be to post something. Free version - will allow 3 social accounts,10 scheduled posts per account. If you want to add more social accounts then you have to try their different chargeable versions available.

Cons

I use buffer a quite as I am a part-time blogger, so it helps me a lot, but I wish it's free version allows us to upload more posts, I faced issue while posting pictures on Instagram, it stucks in between. rest I find it a very helpful app.

David H. from IBM

Automatically post concurrently to Twitter, LinkedIn and G+ with ease

Pros

I've tried other social media auto posting tools, but I find the 'freemium' version of Buffer to meet all my basic needs. Buffer extension integrates well with Chrome, my preferred browser, and enables quick and effective scheduling of social posts. The built-in analytics are a standard feature that enable insights into post performance across your social accounts. Another useful companion app from the same developer is the 'Pablo' that enables to quick and easy creation of custom image tiles for social media use. Recommended if you are graphically-challenged, like me.

Cons

Periodically, Buffer will report (via email alerts) that it's unable to post to a social site. Typically, this is due to changes on the social sites, but Buffer will fix any compatibility issues promptly. Support for the free version is adequate for my needs, but other users may prefer the 'paid' version if they require more help and/or guidance.

Susanna from tronc (formerly Tribune Publishing)

Industry: Publishing

A FREE user's good, but limited, social media management tool

I have individually used a FREE Buffer account for nearly 5 years to manage my Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts. As a free user, I'm limited to 10 updates in my buffer (Scheduler).

Pros

Free account: - Social networks include: Twitter, Facebook (profile, page, or group), Google+ (profile or page), LinkedIn (profile or page), and Instagram - User-friendly interface - Simple analytics dashboard - Offers to optimize your update schedule (Optimal Timing Tool) - Offers an easy image creation tool (Pablo) - Offers a browser extension & a mobile app for easier sharing (Power Scheduler)

Cons

Free account: - Social networks lack: Pinterest, LinkedIn group - Not a social monitoring tool - Limited to 10 updates in your Scheduler - Does not include RSS Feed, calendar

Shannon & from Stress Made Simple

Excellent Tool to Maximize Time Management

I love the ease of Buffer and plan on staying a client for years to come.

Pros

Very easy to use from the start and easy to share across different social media platforms and groups. Definite time saver from posting directly on the Social Media Account.

Cons

The only bug, I wish when you re-buffered it would also transfer the write up and not just the media attached.

Rob from Broadsign

Almost everything I want

As someone who schedules social media posts daily, both for my day job and for side projects, I need to be able to get posts written and scheduled quickly, and preferably in an app that I can enjoy using. Buffer fits the bill. It's the app I suggest the most to users who need something that works well for posting, thanks largely to its ease of use and pleasant UI and UX. I hesitate to recommend it for corporate functions (and indeed don't get to use it as often as I would like in my day job), however, because of the lack of analytics capability built in. Hoping this is something that gets changed soon.

Pros

Buffer is beautiful and it works really well for what it does. For those reasons alone, I'm a big fan. UI and UX are big deals for me when it comes to choosing software; I really believe that the best tools are the ones that you enjoy using, and I really do enjoy using Buffer. The process of making social posts is, in my opinion, simpler than with competing apps, and you just get the sense that you're using something that the development team actually thought through from a user's perspective. That's great.

Cons

Minor gripe, in a sense, but the continued lack of social analytics features makes Buffer a tough sell for some companies. Hootsuite is, frankly, less enjoyable to use, but its additional functionality gives it the edge in some data-driven capacities. Buffer has been working on analytics features to make up for this gap, but it's been a long while and nothing has come.

Aimee from Strategic Content Marketing Consultant

Great Social Media Management Tool!

Buffer makes my life easier. I go in on Monday mornings and schedule my clients' posts for the week. In one hour, I've got enough content scheduled to make my clients look smart and active. Buffer also gives you great guidelines by keeping you top of changes in policy and by showing you which posts have been most sucsessful in the past. It's a great *BASIC* social media management tool.

Pros

Buffer is so easy to use, and it has great features like post analytics, the ability to add images, and post scheduling. I've used competitor products in the past, and Buffer is the hands-down winner when it comes to easy of use. It's "sister" product, Pablo, allows me to create images with text that I can post via Buffer, which is a nice addition. Overall Buffer is a great way to manage multiple social accounts on behalf of my clients at a very affordable price point.

Cons

The only downside of Buffer is that it doesn't have the ability to respond to social - so if you want to really build your following, you do have actually go into the social channels to retweet, repost or reply.

Social media marketing gets a whole lot easier with Buffer

Love using Buffer. A great tool that will save your time, money, and more.

Pros

I mainly use Buffer (free version) to schedule tweets and it works great. I switched to Buffer from HootSuite and it immediately impressed me. HootSuite is a bit difficult to use, but Buffer is spot on. It is easy as hell. I use Buffer on my phone to schedule posts and it works like a charm. Its Chrome extension is indeed a life-saver. With Chrome extension, you can select any text on any web page and add it to your Buffer queue. I just love this feature.

Cons

With free version, you can queue 10 tweets and when you are using Buffer on your mobile, it doesn't give you any alert when your queued is all filled. So when I have created a nice tweet and my queue is all filled up and I will add the 11th tweet to my queue, I will then get a message that my queue is filled (after all the hard work on my part has been done). This is kind of irritating. This alert should be sent when the queue is filled instead of when the 11th tweet is prepared and added to queue.

Response from Buffer

Replied October 2018

Hi, there! Thank you for the kind review and suggestion. Your feedback makes a lot of sense, and I have passed your suggestion along to our mobile app team. -Alfred

Christos from JNBC

The number 1 must have social media tool

I've been using buffer since day one. I've never switched to any other platform even though I've tried a lot. All of my companies and their clients use buffer to setup their social presense.

Pros

+ Ease of use + Integration with many platforms + Analytics + Scheduling + Unbelievable customer support

Cons

- A bit hard on the Instagram scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Buffer

Ease of use. Team ethics (Buffer offers unprecedented transparency)

Avalaura from Avalaura's Healing Center

Makes Social Media Easy!

I've had a great experience, its very user-friendly.

Pros

I use buffer almost every day to schedule my social media. Its very easy to use and I also get the analytics. There's a free and paid version.

Cons

I would like to be able to schedule more content on all of my social media accounts with the free version. Right now there are only 3 accounts that you can use with the free version.