• Pros

• "I love the level of insight you can get on topics and influencers and the ability to monitor your brand, etc. It's an extremely powerful tool that I use on a daily basis. "

• "This platform is a great all in one software when it comes to understanding the digital presence of your target audience. The questions monitoring feature is amazing. "

• "I like and love the way I can search for any topic to see if its Popular on Social Media or Not before posting on blog. Also, I can search on by content type which is very handy for me."

• Cons

• "The pricing: A great tool but not readily available to anyone. "

• "I am trying to think of any cons, but I struggle to find them. Pricing may be a bit offputting, but Buzzsumo is totally worth it. Also, if it only had a mobile app, then my life would be complete. ;)"

• "Some of the best features seem to require ever increasing price points. It’s a fair ask, but sometimes frustrating "

Browse BuzzSumo Reviews

Volodymyr from The APP Solutions

Essential Content Research Tool

Developing good content means you need to do a lot of research and sometimes that can be a dubious process even if you have all the tools. Hopefuly, BuzzSumo is one of those tools that makes the process of content research much easier and much more insightful in just a couple of clicks.

Pros

BuzzSumo is tailor-made for content reseach, competition analysis, backlinking and outreach research. It was instrumental in developing my long-term content strategy and adjusting it on the go. BuzzSumo is relatively easy to use and you don't need to tackle with lots of toggles in order to get a semblance of a result. Saves a lot of time and provides you with a good protection from a content-related headache. All you need to do is insert the words of interests - look through the stats and check out what is up in the list.

Cons

It takes so time to get used to it and it can be really rough in some places. That might be a serious put off. Pricing also may scare some but it is totally worth it.

Alyssa from The Bridgespan Group

Great for measuring backlinks and level of social sharing

Generally good. Could certainly be improved, and be an even better product, but overall couldn't do without it.

Pros

I find BuzzSumo to be the best solution out there to gauge how much an article has been shared across the web. It is generally more comprehensive than other applications we pay for. I use it in concert with CrowdTangle as well, and I find that it is better for finding Twitter shares. I like that the brand/keyword monitoring is very easy to set up and use. Support has always been responsive and good.

Cons

I think BuzzSumo does an interesting range of things it can be hard to use to their fullest capacity. I always felt that the "influencer" section wasn't fully finished, it's changed a few times since I was a customer. I found it to be useful to a degree (checking at a glance if a Twitter sharer was someone I had added to a VIP list, for example) but not much beyond that. Also - the alerts sometimes scrape up old content, which can be confusing. Especially if you have alerts sent to multiple people.

Chris from Sage

Powerful content insights tool

BuzzSumo is my first port of call for laying the foundations of a content strategy. The breadth of features available help paint a picture of what our audiences want, what our competitors are publishing, as well as influencers we can source to help promote our content.

Pros

Extremely powerful tool for gathering insights on publication volumes and social engagement of content. The team recently launched a keyword tool which, by my accounts, is the only tool available to map content publication vs search popularity.

Cons

Insight into social engagement is limited to Facebook, Twitter and Reddit. Insights into LinkedIn engagement would be particularly helpful from a B2B perspective.

Steven from Boom

Their Purpose is Cloudy

Pros

Originally, it was a good tool for us to get some data on social sharing for our content and help us identify any influencers. We originally got it to help us monitor our brand, but it proved difficult with the tool, hence the shift in its use.

Cons

Nowadays, the product is spotty in what it delivers and what its purpose is. It's monitoring tools for influencers, content, and social doesn't seem accurate from our standpoint. And there's no one helping us understand how to best use it (no support).

Response from BuzzSumo

Replied February 2019

Hi Steven, Sorry to hear that your experience with BuzzSumo didn't fulfil your needs. Our team are always on standby to help assist you and we even offer 121 live support sessions where we can assist you to get the best out of the tool. Best thing to do is to contact us directly using the in-app chat and we can offer you the assistance to unlock the full potential of BuzzSumo. If you do choose to come back please do make sure you drop us a note and we can see how best to help. Thanks for your feedback and being a valued customer!

Alina from ClickBrainiacs

Great Marketing Tool

BuzzSumo is one of the most well-thought marketing products I worked with. It is great for keeping up with industry trends in general and utilize it on multiple smaller uses cases.

Pros

It is a highly versatile software. It feels like a Swiss Army Knife. I use it mostly to find backlinks to the site and to find questions people ask about keywords. BuzzSumo is really to keep up to date on certain topics. The alerts are a great feature. Very easy to customize and offer greats insights into customer behavior.

Cons

The value is undisputed but the price of 99$ per month is very high. I think they are just focusing on big companies. As a small company, you have to make sure you make the most out of it if you buy it.

Jason

Incredibly Powerful Tools for keyword discovery, tracking competitors and who key influencers are

Pros

Amazing insights into the most shared content on your topic or keyword. Social impact and going viral is a huge part of modern digital marketing and Buzzsumo proves industry best tools for discovering trending topics. You can also easily find out who the "Influencers" are for your keywords making the process much easier on who to establish networking relationships with that could turn into valuable "mentions" which brings up another great aspect of BuzSumo: Content Alerts, the software will scour the internet and alert you anytime your keyword is mentioned on a website, blog, social media, etc. If you are an Agency this is a no-brainer tool for your digital marketing toolbox.

Cons

A little bit pricey for small businesses and solo site entrepreneurs but great value for Agencies & larger businesses (Hows that for a mixed con ;-) ) One of the problems with having an in depth tool with a very complete feature set is that it can be a bit overwhelming when you are new to the buzzsumo service or keyword research in general. So in some respects having a very robust, in-depth research tool which is certainly a positive aspect can also be a bit of a con to first time users and those new to Keyword Research in General. I'd love to see a "Getting Started" interface with the most important features, then be able to toggle on all the features or an "Advanced View". In all fairness, they have a very good tutorial and help section.

Nicolas Frichot from Nicolas Frichot- Conférencier Professionnel

BuzzSumo: The Best Tools For Anaytics On Facebook & Search Alerts

Overall, I have yet to meet a tools as powerful and comprehensive as BuzzSumo. They are unique. Use this tool. You will not regret. Worth every single penny.

Pros

I can't contain my enthusiasm on this great tools of BuzzSumo: The ability to search for meaningful and top scoring Facebook content with just a keyword. I was also impressed with the keyword mention tools, that i if someone mention your brand on the web, you get an instant notification via email.

Cons

The pricing: A great tool but not readily available to anyone.

Lairs from Church Community Builder

So good if you're using it

I think it's a great tool if you're in content marketing!

Pros

It tracks the top content and sends it right to slack if you're using it. Follows the right pages and sites as well!

Cons

It almost does too much. I wish it was free but who doesn't, we all want good stuff for free. I also wish it wrote content for you ha

Paolo from Beth Bender Beauty

Creating content with Buzzsumo is a breeze

It is the best software to write engaging articles with ease.

Pros

Creating content with Buzzsumo is a breeze, it makes the process of choosing your article a effortless process.

Cons

I wish there was more future trends reported on Buzzsumo so you could write articles before they started trending.

Tal from XpoLog

It's a great tool for content marketing and SEO

Good. Even for some ideas and directions... It's free

Pros

It have al kind of options to search for the most engaging content, than it directs you to the article itself, shows you backlinks.

Cons

Not usfull for all industries. IT and very tech savy fields can't really find useful answers there

Andrew from EBay Inc.

BuzzSumo - Not Perfect But Easiest To Use!

Overall I would recommend the tool. I haven’t found a tool that does what BuzzSumo does better. For a social and content team it has been a valuable tool for our global team.

Pros

BuzzSumo is a very easy to learn and use tool. I was able to train teams on being self efficient with the tool very quickly. There is a lot of information that you can from the tool if you pay enough for it. It is a great tool to get a better understanding of what is trending and also to see what competitors are up to with content.

Cons

The price is high for the data you receive. It was hard to justify the price at times. To unlock certain features that should be standard, you’d have to buy an upgrade subscription.

Ujjwal from DroidExtra.net

Amazing Content Research tool!

Having BuzzSumo means having an advantage over your competitors since it makes a lot of tricky things easy to track and research about.

Pros

BuzzSumo is definitely one of the best content research and analysis tools that I have used. I've used it for the mentioned reason and apart from that it also has useful features that let you scan backlinks and perform research related to your competition. As a digital marketer, tools like BuzzSumo are definitely great to have. Not only is it simple but it packs a lot of power and functionalities. The time you spend using BuzzSumo will be the time that will get you the highest ROI when you are planning your campaign. All you need to do is enter the relevant keywords you are working with and there it is, all the stuff you need and with all the filters, toggles and other stuff, BuzzSumo proves to be a great tool overall.

Cons

BuzzSumo does have a bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it and learn how to use it correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of it. Also, I wish they work on the pricing and bring it down a notch to make things even sweeter.

Antoinette from Enterprise Ireland

Industry: Government Relations

Best content marketing tool on the market

Excellent. It took me a while to procure due to internal issues but the team was very helpful and patient, giving me access when needed. I feel very valued and listened to even though I'm on one of the lower paid tiers.

Pros

BuzzSumo was the first tool of its kind I came across. It was almost magical to be able to explore a list of most effective pieces for specific audiences and sectors. The newer visualisation features are really easy to use. It's great for keeping on top of the most effective pieces on your own domain. The evergreen score is helpful for considering what works past an initial first burst on social. And they're constantly experimenting, so I've no doubt they'll continue to find clever ways to remain an essential resource for content marketers.

Cons

The current features give the best sense of content that performs well on social generally. LinkedIn has reduced access - greater insight into what works on that platform would be a big help.

Amy from SSPR

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Extremely useful tool

BuzzSumo has greatly helped with client reporting, and I frequently train employees on how to analyze the impact of a particular published item, and the first stop is BuzzsSumo.

Pros

BuzzSumo's alert and media monitoring are excellent. It picks up a considerable amount of media that other services miss. The tool is also intuitive and easily adjusted to cater to changing client needs. The ability to assess the social impact of published media is also extremely useful.

Cons

In future iteration, I would like the ability to look at more historic data. Retroactive media monitoring can be a real pain point.

Charles from Charles Araujo International, LLC

Great Research Tool

Because I publish across a wide range of topics and on several properties that I do not control, this is one of the few ways for me to monitor the effectiveness of my writing and identify emerging trends that should guide my future writing efforts.

Pros

Cons

Its power is also it's greatest challenge. It can be difficult to understand how it all works and how to best use it. They have an extensive training library, which is very helpful, but you'll still need to be prepared to put in the time to learn how to use it effectively. I've been using it for months and still consider myself a novice.

CHELSEA from SSPR

Great product!

I'm making it easier for my clients by providing them with recommendations for influencers that are much simpler to find thanks to using this tool!

Pros

I love BuzzSumo's ease of use with finding influencers. Especially when you're trying to find individuals who are in very niche industries and in specific locations, the target within Buzzsumo is extremely helpful and easy to use. I have found so many niche influencers who have YouTube channels and large social presences thanks to Buzzsumo.

Cons

It's hard for me to think about a "least" :) but I do wish BuzzSumo made influencer searching clearer with multiple social media platforms, and also aggregated individuals email addresses. That would be extremely useful!

Tom from Grizzle Marketing

Must-have for content research & distribution

Pros

I use BuzzSumo for researching content topics, analyzing the competition and identifying outreach and backlinking opportunities. It's an integral part of the content marketing process here at Grizzle, both for internal use as well as clients.

Cons

Awesome influencer tools, but would love for it to go more in-depth. An influencer map that identifies networks of thought leaders, and who "influences" them for example. There are other tools for this, but having more granular insight via BuzzSumo would be awesome.

Kinga from Sotrender

It simply has to be in your toolbox.

Pros

Buzzsumo is a brilliant tool that can save you a lot of time, marketing efforts, stress and hassle. It is not even a tool, it is a machine that can get your content strategy back on track and inspire you on a daily basis. I hit the content jackpot not once and not twice thanks to Buzzsumo. Identifying what content works wonders has never been easier, and I can't imagine my everyday work without Buzzsumo.

Cons

Great for finding influencers and popular content

Pros

I like the influencer search feature the most. When looking for target influencers to add to media lists, searching on Instagram or Twitter alone is very difficult. BuzzSumo's search functionality allows you to narrow your search by city and specific words used in the influencers' bio.

Cons

It not longer counts social shares on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is one of the largest social platforms and a lot of informative articles are shared on this platform. It's odd to me that it counts social shares on all other platforms, but not LinkedIn. People actively have conversations on this platform and share content to validate their points.

Adam from Navigator Ltd.

Awesome Product

Couldn't be happier. Recommend to colleagues all the time and have no instituted at several companies.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, especially for people new to or inexperienced with digital marketing.

Cons

They recently changed the order columns export to excel, which is kind of annoying.

April 2016

Ben from JNJ Mobile (www.MocoSpace.com)

April 2016

So good it's like cheating

I've used BuzzSumo for almost a year as a way to find good content to post on social channels and also to find good ideas for articles to write. It's really so useful that it's like cheating when used to re-post articles on social. It tells you exactly what is trending today so you can be on point with your posts and get better engagement.

Pros

The app is super simple to use and fairly flexible. It's also priced decently for what you get.

Cons

The categories you choose from to see what's going on in a given industry sector are limited, so if they don't fit your niche then it may be hard to use that and it's one of the most useful features. There's a free form search but that's less useful for social posting, or more work anyway. The other thing is that I have a paid subscription and can't access some super useful features like what's trending in the past 8 hours vs. 24 hours because I don't have an "agency" level subscription. Usually apps provide collaboration features for that as opposed to de-featuring key components of the main app, but you can't have it all I guess.

Megan from Revenue Spark Digital Marketing

I'm obsessed with BuzzSumo!

BuzzSumo is a must-have for anyone who works in content development or social media. I highly recommend it. It's easy to use and delivers invaluable information. It's one of my favorite tools.

Pros

I write for a living (and do a little social media), and BuzzSumo is my go-to tool to see what's relevant and trending. It's amazing for finding high-traffic topics and makes it SO easy to generate new content. Plus, you can organize findings by a specific social media platform, seeing where each article performs best.

Cons

NONE! My experience has been nothing but positive. I only wish I'd discovered it sooner.

Maria Rosario from Simply Earth

Very helpful for finding influencers.

Overall this software has helped us save time in finding influencers. Anyone who has worked in influencer marketing will understand how difficult it is to match with influencers close to their niche but BuzzSumo will help you focus on where to look and give you in-depth social details of the influencers and their content.

Pros

BuzzSumo is one of the many softwares I have tried which helped me a lot when it comes to finding influencers related to our niche. Its simple easy to use just enter a keyword and it will provide with a list of leads that matches the keyword. It even has a feature which allow you to search for the most shared online content.

Cons

Since the search feature is keyword based, sometimes the suggested site / content is totally not related to what I'm looking for.

Curate article for blogging easy and free

I loved buzzsumo as a beginner in blogging. I found Free high quality articles to curate and could use them to start my blogging.

Pros

It is very easy to use,very much beneficial for beginners in blogging who are not expert in content writing. You can easily curate content with which are social media famous from buzzsumo. Lot functionalities like social media stats, filters are also available.

Cons

With free account you can only get very limited no of articles to curate. You need pro membership to access all articles.

Alex from Identity

Good Software, But Could Be Great

Overall, BuzzSumo has helped a lot in my work as a digital editorial content creator, and I will continue to use it and hope it gets better and better. The addition of influencers was awesome, and I'm confident the team can continue to keep their product cutting-edge.

Pros

The tool is a great aggregator of content, and I like how the software ranks each link based on popularity. I also enjoy seeing what's trending overall, and find it very useful to identify influencers in a certain topic area. The design of the site is also very intuitive, good looking and easy to use.

Cons

You have to be very specific about the keywords you type to find the content you're looking for. I also don't think it pulls in everything, since I've found other popular content through simple Google searches > News. Wish the platform didn't have to be so precise in finding content, and also wish it would recommend topics based on what I was searching.

Ben from CoSchedule

Excellent social and content research tool

BuzzSumo helps us know what content is trending, find influencers, and uncover unlinked mentions. It can do much more than this, but these use cases alone are enough to make it worthwhile.

Pros

I feel that the obvious benefits of a tool like BuzzSumo (finding relevant influencers and trending content) are well-known and well-documented. One perhaps overlooked feature though is the ability to automate uncovering unlinked brand mentions around the web. This has helped us secure some powerful links in the past. Overall, BuzzSumo does what it says it will, and does it well.

Cons

There aren't many cons with BuzzSumo that I can think of. There hasn't been a time where I needed to use it for something and couldn't get it done easily enough.

Great product for discovering what's trending in social

Pros

I like the custom filters which I can set up for keywords and create RSS feeds out of it. They then go into our writer's RSS readers to ensure the most important stories are on the top.

Cons

Not much. I hope they improve their core purpose instead of trying to tackle every other problem.

Adam from AbilitySEO Inc.

Amazing insights on social data

Exceptional customer support and a product that offers immense value to anyone working professionally in content marketing or social media marketing.

Pros

I compulsively check what’s trending on social, but the real value comes in researching high value topics for content projects and influencers for networking and social outreach.

Charlotte from Media Measurement

Industry: Market Research

Great Analysis Tool

As previously mentioned - the Facebook capabilities is a major pro for this tool! All whilst keeping in GDPR guidelines :-)

Pros

The tool itself allows for a quick insight into the performance of articles on social media - including Facebook which not many social listening tools can provide. It also allows you to deep dive into the drivers of Facebook engagement if published on a public page - super handy!

Cons

It’s chinese and kanji Japanese detecting capabilities are sometimes not accurate unfortunately. You also can’t filter by US accurately as it uses the (.us) filter domain - so manual filtering has to sometimes be done.

Andrew from UCAS

Great for shareable content discovery

It helps us understand what content our customers need and who they associate with the information. Also, it is great for brand mentions into your inbox so these can be monitored.

Pros

This really helps us understand what people engage with and what they are actually looking for to solve their problems. Also, this tool helps us monitor brand mentions and understand who is saying what about us.

Cons

You need to learn the nav as it sometimes feels you go round in circles

sathish from Intellectyx

Buzzsumo is an awesome tool to find new content ideas and get to know the influencers

This tool has helped us to come up with great content ideas and also connect with influencers in our industry.

Pros

We are using buzzsumo to discover the most popular topics in our niche and start writing on them to get more traffic. Buzzsumo gives us the exact number like how many people have shared a content on social networks. Also, we can easily find influencers with the help of this tool and get connected with them. Using this tool we have made some good connections in the industry and increased our web traffic by writing high quality content

Cons

It does what it promise and we are using this tool for connecting with influencers and finding new content ideas and this tool does the same

Must have for researchers

Pros

I like the fact that lets you explore any topic in a certain amount of time. It lets you check the most popular articles which include a chosen keyword, so it makes it easy for you to for example check the marketing trends in 2016. What's more you can use it as a news service, cause it can give you a daily sum up of most popular articles connected with some topic. We also use it to find interesting influencers and journalists to follow on Twitter.

Cons

Actually I don't see here any cons. Maybe the only thing I'd add is some better quality of Twitter influencers connected with some topics. Sometimes there're people with a lot of followers, who only retweet others not creating their own thoughts.

Bingyi from Texas A&M International University

Super neat UI and features

Pros

I loved it when I was working as a digital marketing analyst. The pro features are really worthy of trying. They have pretty nice graphs and most importantly, the quality of data collected is pretty authenticated. They offer 7-day free trial for the BuzzSumo pro now. It was 14 days if I am correct.

Cons

Again, I don't like the price for the pro feature. But if you are a business, it is totally affordable and it is one of the few app I would recommend to purchase.

Chip from Rogue Marketing

BuzzSumo keeps us smart

As a business that assists its clients by keeping a pulse on what's happening, BuzzSumo has been our best solution for aggregating information smartly.

Pros

I enjoy that this service integrates articles, blogs, social posts, infographs and more. The search functionality lets you then discover a multitude of insights that pertains to the topic you're seeking information on.

Cons

There are times when I want to search for topics and I'm limited to pre-established configurations, but the pros outweigh this sporadic con.

Ron Elius from Ron Elius Santos Copywriting

Find the right Keyword for your Content

Great!

Pros

What I like about Buzzsumo is Keyword relevancy, usage, and engagement. Whenever I deal with content writing for my clients, I use Buzzsumo to make sure I have the right Keywords so that my content will be relevant as much as possible.

Cons

Maybe it’s the learning curve, even though I’m using it always whenever I write content, sometimes it takes time to know the total power of this tool. Also, the pricing is a little bit high for SMBs and Solopreneurs.

Keep Adding New Features!!!

Pros

I put out a ton of content and often getting inspiration can be tricky when it comes to niche websites. My experience with finding influencers and the best content for inspiration has often come from BuzzSumo. The tool doesn't require a heavy amount of training for even the least experienced marketer to get good using it. I'm constantly finding new uses for it and would love to find a better way to do outreach tying into BuzzSumo.

Cons

The pricing can be rough but you get a good deal for what you pay for. Sometimes I wish I could filter out news sites and focus strictly on content that evergreen.

Dani from Reflektive

Great tool

Pros

I use BuzzSumo for content research. We've created some top-performing articles based on reviewing what other articles have a high volume of shares. This translates into SEO and real revenue for the company!

Cons

The navigation can be confusing at times, especially the sections I don't use.

Great for finding influencers

Pros

I love using BuzzSumo to find influencers that are great in my target market. You can use different hashtags and ways to find people who are posting about what your brand represents. This is a great way to find and communicate with new influencers and track a posts progress throughout its lifespan.

Cons

I don't like how the different tiered pricing works because you need to purchase the highest one to get the full benefits of this software

Rodrigo Iván from Altacent Marketing

Great for Content Research and SEO

Pros

Great for research and SEO purposes, I really like it, its simple and easy to use, with a really straight forward interface.

Cons

Trial offers very limited capabilities, only for the trial I wouldn't get convinced until a friend show to me how it works

Andy from Brandpoint

Easy to Use and Access to Thorough Data

Pros

Buzzsumo is really straightforward and easy to navigate and use. Also, as a content marketer, access to Buzzsumo's social data is really valuable for topic research and editorial planning.

Cons

I would love to have access to social data from even more platforms.

Chris from Quba

Indispensible for Content Marketing idea generation

Were using Buzzsumo to identify content that has resonated with people in order to spot topics to create content around. It's an indispensible tool for this.

Pros

Makes identifying popular content a doddle.

Cons

Not as easy to hone in on content that is popular in terms of links rather than social engagement.

Bruce from Amica Senior Lifestyles

The absolute best tool for content research

I really enjoy using this tool. I have a big backlinking project coming that will be running until the end of the year. I can't wait to use Buzzsumo for this project.

Pros

I was always a fan of the Content Analyzer but the new Topic Explorer is awesome! It's great for content ideas based on what people are actually looking for online.

Cons

I don't use influencers much so I don't get to use this feature. Who knows? Maybe in the future.

Likhwa from Likhwa's Launchpad

Buzzsumo review

I have been able to get content ideas through Buzzsumo and redirect the focus of my blog to effectively compete with other blogs online. Using Buzzsumo, I have also been able to identify influencers for my marketing campaigns.

Pros

I like how Buzzsumo gives me insights about my competition as well as what content is working for them and the engagement of each post. This gives me content ideas and helps me redirect the strategic direction of my blog. I also like how I am able to use Buzzsumo to search for influencers on various topics and ascertain their influence and reach. Metrics such as their number of followers helps me identify the right people to partner with for my ad campaigns.

Cons

Despite being helpful, some of the stats on Buzzsumo do seem rather shallow or outdated. For example, I did a search for someone I know and the content that showed up seemed rather inaccurate. Their followers were lower than the actual.

Ferdi from Made My Day

Pros

- It is realy easy to use - Very usefull overview of articles/content - usefull diffrent filters and search

Cons

- missing reactions for Facebook (only likes, sahres, comments)

Aala from Un Gaijin au Japon

Great tool

Pros

Really great and powerful tool that help anybody who wants to get a better marketing strategy on Internet

Cons

Some aspects are not perfect yet and need improvment.

Allison from USGLC

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

It does what we need it to!

Pros

Great for social tracking, determining potential new influencers in our space

Cons

Can be a little heavy, has a lot of features we dont use or need, which can make it not worth the effort sometimes.

Neha from RankMeUP Services

Industry: Information Services

This tool is great for listening across the web

This tool helps me to find what content is relevant related to my products and services. Moreover using this tool helps me to amplify my efforts to find influencers. Using this tool helped me to increase organic traffic for my website

Pros

This tool is excellent to find out all important conversations around the web. Using this tool, I can discover important topics and conversations around the web and connect with the influencers. Moreover, this tool is not quite expensive.

Cons

This tool has nothing to hate. I really like this tool

Daniel from Freelancer

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for media companies to track trends

Pros

As an editorial staff writer, Buzzsumo is an awesome tool for discovering what sort of content is trending in any given category while it's still relevant in the news cycle.

Cons

Buzzsumo can be a little hard to navigate and there's definitely a learning curve to using it effectively.

Alexander from Chronogolf

Great for researching content ideas, researching backlink reach out lists

Buzzsumo helps our backlink and content generation strategy.

Pros

Lately, I've been really interested in the ability the software provides to look at who backlinks to a specific article. Great for identifying possible candidates for backlink reach out, if you have an article similar to the highly backlinked article. Also, the question analyzer tools are really cool.

Cons

I wish they could integrate with Linked for question analyzer. Not sure if that's their fault but would be cool!

Becky from Ripe Thinking Ltd.

Great tool for cotnent marketers

We are using it to aid our ideation for content campaigns and to inform our overall content strategy

Pros

- the ability to see who's shared your content on Faceboook and Twitter - you can see links you wouldn't have been aware of otherwise - the influencers search feature is a handy tool for outreach - you can see other pieces of content about a topic that have done well and use that to inform your own content plan

Cons

- sometimes backlinks take a while to be shown on BuzzSumo.