BuzzSumo Software Reviews

BuzzSumo Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"The app is super simple to use and fairly flexible. It's also priced decently for what you get."
  • icon"The alerts are a great feature. Very easy to customize and offer greats insights into customer behavior."
  • icon"This is a great bucket to find relevant content that gets shared. Before I create any piece of content I do research on this site to find out what has been working for other companies."
  • icon"One of the problems with having an in depth tool with a very complete feature set is that it can be a bit overwhelming when you are new to the buzzsumo service or keyword research in general."
  • icon"I sometimes experience problems with the export."
  • icon"We only use it a few times a month so perhaps a change of payment plan based on usage requests but that's it. And that's struggling to find an issue tbh)."

All BuzzSumo Reviews

Megan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

June 2022

I'm obsessed with BuzzSumo!

Volodymyr

Essential Content Research Tool

Developing good content means you need to do a lot of research and sometimes that can be a dubious process even if you have all the tools. Hopefuly, BuzzSumo is one of those tools that makes the process of content research much easier and much more insightful in just a couple of clicks.

Pros

BuzzSumo is tailor-made for content reseach, competition analysis, backlinking and outreach research. It was instrumental in developing my long-term content strategy and adjusting it on the go. BuzzSumo is relatively easy to use and you don't need to tackle with lots of toggles in order to get a semblance of a result. Saves a lot of time and provides you with a good protection from a content-related headache. All you need to do is insert the words of interests - look through the stats and check out what is up in the list.

Cons

It takes so time to get used to it and it can be really rough in some places. That might be a serious put off. Pricing also may scare some but it is totally worth it.

March 2022

One-In-All Content Marketing Tool to improve ROI

Good experience

Pros

We use BuzzSumo to improve our organic & paid marketing campaign results. It helps us across the following: 1. Understand what content works the best to get more engagement, likes, shares, comments and increase the number of followers. 2. Identify Influencers who have a high engagement rate & good fan following for our business domain. 3. Be quick in responding back to our followers when they comment about us or ask questions on social platforms. 4. Improve content success and team enthusiasm through best analytics, reports, and numbers. 5. Ensure a higher ROI on our SEO campaigns 6. Know the trend, search terms, phrases and develop content around that to reach our target audience.

Cons

It's an expensive tool and needs a lot of effort to get the desired results. Ahrefs has more features than BuzzSumo.

Reasons for choosing BuzzSumo

BuzzSumo was more effective for our business as it provided an end-to-end solution and I had used it in my earlier organization as well.

Katya

Social Media Research and Marketing Insights

Monitoring brand mentions, identifying trends, and competitor analysis are some of the great benefits from Buzzsumo.

Pros

This software helps you narrow down on the content with the best engagement and outreach opportunities, so you can avoid a lot of trial and error (which saves time and money in the short and long run!).

Cons

It's a bit pricey and sometimes the mentions you get are from low quality websites that I'm not sure are legit. Navigation seemed a bit dated, or maybe just very bare-bones.

Reasons for switching to BuzzSumo

We read reviews that Buzzsumo had more detailed analytics.

Nima

Dissatisfied user comment.

Pros

To fit my budget. Friendly customer support.

Cons

Social media integrations are not strong. There are not enough tools for the workflow.

Salim

September 2022

Great tool for topic research & competitor analysis

If you're looking to dominate your competition & track who your key influencers are, buzzSumo is an incredible tool. With its powerful keyword discovery, tracking competitor activity, and measurement tools, you can quickly grow your brand and reach new heights

Pros

BuzzSumo is a topic research and analysis tool that I have used for the past two years. It has a great feature that lets me scan backlinks and perform research related to my competition. The tool is also valuable for helping me understand how my competitors are performing. Overall, BuzzSumo is an excellent tool that I would recommend to anyone looking for content research and analysis

Cons

I don't think BuzzSumo is doing anything wrong, but their monthly service pricing is really high. Their focus seems to be on bigger companies, and I think it's not suitable for small companies as they may not be able to afford the high prices

Younes

Industry: Publishing

a gold mine for content creator

I really enjoy using BuzzSumo since it is like a swiss knife for the content strategy planning, SEO and Marketing in general.

Pros

I like the Content Analyzer feature because it is accurate most of time and support a lot of languages.

Cons

Topic Explorer feature can use a more improvement.

Reasons for switching to BuzzSumo

the accuracy of results especially for backlinks audit.

Ujjwal

Amazing Content Research tool!

Having BuzzSumo means having an advantage over your competitors since it makes a lot of tricky things easy to track and research about.

Pros

BuzzSumo is definitely one of the best content research and analysis tools that I have used. I've used it for the mentioned reason and apart from that it also has useful features that let you scan backlinks and perform research related to your competition. As a digital marketer, tools like BuzzSumo are definitely great to have. Not only is it simple but it packs a lot of power and functionalities. The time you spend using BuzzSumo will be the time that will get you the highest ROI when you are planning your campaign. All you need to do is enter the relevant keywords you are working with and there it is, all the stuff you need and with all the filters, toggles and other stuff, BuzzSumo proves to be a great tool overall.

Cons

BuzzSumo does have a bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it and learn how to use it correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of it. Also, I wish they work on the pricing and bring it down a notch to make things even sweeter.

Nicolas Frichot

BuzzSumo: The Best Tools For Anaytics On Facebook & Search Alerts

Overall, I have yet to meet a tools as powerful and comprehensive as BuzzSumo. They are unique. Use this tool. You will not regret. Worth every single penny.

Pros

I can't contain my enthusiasm on this great tools of BuzzSumo: The ability to search for meaningful and top scoring Facebook content with just a keyword. I was also impressed with the keyword mention tools, that i if someone mention your brand on the web, you get an instant notification via email.

Cons

The pricing: A great tool but not readily available to anyone.

Brice un

BuzzSumo

Pros

For contant marketing it is one of the best the customer support is friendly and welcoming and there is an interesting feature that allows me to scan backlinks and perform searches related to my competitors

Cons

The price of monthly service is very high it thought to review that

Enes

June 2022

BuzzSumo Review

Pros

Thanks to reporting and statistics, I can create a strategy for myself by looking at the data. This is my favorite feature. It helps me a lot in charting my own path.

Cons

It seemed like a bit of a mess. There were parts that I couldn't figure out.

Alyssa

Great for measuring backlinks and level of social sharing

Generally good. Could certainly be improved, and be an even better product, but overall couldn't do without it.

Pros

I find BuzzSumo to be the best solution out there to gauge how much an article has been shared across the web. It is generally more comprehensive than other applications we pay for. I use it in concert with CrowdTangle as well, and I find that it is better for finding Twitter shares. I like that the brand/keyword monitoring is very easy to set up and use. Support has always been responsive and good.

Cons

I think BuzzSumo does an interesting range of things it can be hard to use to their fullest capacity. I always felt that the "influencer" section wasn't fully finished, it's changed a few times since I was a customer. I found it to be useful to a degree (checking at a glance if a Twitter sharer was someone I had added to a VIP list, for example) but not much beyond that. Also - the alerts sometimes scrape up old content, which can be confusing. Especially if you have alerts sent to multiple people.

Alina

Great Marketing Tool

BuzzSumo is one of the most well-thought marketing products I worked with. It is great for keeping up with industry trends in general and utilize it on multiple smaller uses cases.

Pros

It is a highly versatile software. It feels like a Swiss Army Knife. I use it mostly to find backlinks to the site and to find questions people ask about keywords. BuzzSumo is really to keep up to date on certain topics. The alerts are a great feature. Very easy to customize and offer greats insights into customer behavior.

Cons

The value is undisputed but the price of 99$ per month is very high. I think they are just focusing on big companies. As a small company, you have to make sure you make the most out of it if you buy it.

BuzzSumo - Not Perfect But Easiest To Use!

Overall I would recommend the tool. I haven’t found a tool that does what BuzzSumo does better. For a social and content team it has been a valuable tool for our global team.

Pros

BuzzSumo is a very easy to learn and use tool. I was able to train teams on being self efficient with the tool very quickly. There is a lot of information that you can from the tool if you pay enough for it. It is a great tool to get a better understanding of what is trending and also to see what competitors are up to with content.

Cons

The price is high for the data you receive. It was hard to justify the price at times. To unlock certain features that should be standard, you’d have to buy an upgrade subscription.

Ade

It is Very Useful for Content analysis and Monitoring

I am using it to monitor, take note and respond to discussions related to our brand online, build quality backlinks, and research content topics/keywords for blogs

Pros

Buzzsumo has helped me a great deal in identifying viral contents across the web and the content analyzer; which I use a lot helps in finding popular topics to write about on my blogs. Another great advantage of BuzzSumo is that you can download and share all the attractive content you find on the platform without any restriction.

Cons

The pricing is the only negative aspect so far. I think they could launch plans with lower fees for individuals and small businesses.

Jason

Incredibly Powerful Tools for keyword discovery, tracking competitors and who key influencers are

Pros

Amazing insights into the most shared content on your topic or keyword. Social impact and going viral is a huge part of modern digital marketing and Buzzsumo proves industry best tools for discovering trending topics. You can also easily find out who the "Influencers" are for your keywords making the process much easier on who to establish networking relationships with that could turn into valuable "mentions" which brings up another great aspect of BuzSumo: Content Alerts, the software will scour the internet and alert you anytime your keyword is mentioned on a website, blog, social media, etc. If you are an Agency this is a no-brainer tool for your digital marketing toolbox.

Cons

A little bit pricey for small businesses and solo site entrepreneurs but great value for Agencies & larger businesses (Hows that for a mixed con ;-) ) One of the problems with having an in depth tool with a very complete feature set is that it can be a bit overwhelming when you are new to the buzzsumo service or keyword research in general. So in some respects having a very robust, in-depth research tool which is certainly a positive aspect can also be a bit of a con to first time users and those new to Keyword Research in General. I'd love to see a "Getting Started" interface with the most important features, then be able to toggle on all the features or an "Advanced View". In all fairness, they have a very good tutorial and help section.

Antoinette

Industry: Government Relations

Best content marketing tool on the market

Excellent. It took me a while to procure due to internal issues but the team was very helpful and patient, giving me access when needed. I feel very valued and listened to even though I'm on one of the lower paid tiers.

Pros

BuzzSumo was the first tool of its kind I came across. It was almost magical to be able to explore a list of most effective pieces for specific audiences and sectors. The newer visualisation features are really easy to use. It's great for keeping on top of the most effective pieces on your own domain. The evergreen score is helpful for considering what works past an initial first burst on social. And they're constantly experimenting, so I've no doubt they'll continue to find clever ways to remain an essential resource for content marketers.

Cons

The current features give the best sense of content that performs well on social generally. LinkedIn has reduced access - greater insight into what works on that platform would be a big help.

Amy