• Pros

• "Everything about having this software has been awesome. We like the Customer Service the most. "

• "Excellent customer service. Prior to his departure, Rep was our CSM and he was great to work with. "

• "Flexibility allows for adapting to organizational shifts and pivots. Easy filtered searches make finding assets quick and easy."

• Cons

• "It isn't COMPLETELY customizable yet, but it is on the roadmap so that isn't even really a valid "con" - I had to search for one, because I love this platform and this vendor."

• "There are a few things/features that we wish it could do but it just doesn't do it...yet."

• "Although the onboarding is smooth, there are always problems. It's not cheap enough and does have some UI problems."

Browse Bynder Reviews

Ernest from Ruffwear

Unlimited Features and Customization, Great Support

We came from manually coding our seasonal assets to a landing page for our dealers and distributors. It was a great experience for them but far too much time and effort to maintain. We Then migrated to an FTP solution that saved us a ton of time each season to upload assets but was an awful experience for our dealers. Upon researching DAM systems we came upon Bynder. We were drawn to them based on the branded experience and the ability to make it feel Ruffwear and not another generic file sharing platform. In the first 6 months the number of process improvements and ideas that have come about based on Bynder's abilities is amazing.

Pros

The amount of customization and branding combined with the features available are incredible. The on-boarding was organized and efficient. Post support, success manager is great to work with. The continuous improvements every month to the platform show the commitment to evolving the platform.

Cons

Due to the amount of features and customizations it can be a bit overwhelming unless you are in the system using it daily.

Ron from Alpinestars

Industry: Sporting Goods

Functionality vs Speed

We are using Bynder as a digital assets manager to share images, campaign tools, and videos to our internal teams, dealers, distributors, and media associates. So far our outside visitors who use Bynder have found very few issues with the tool. However, others have found the interface daunting and difficult. We have had made huge concessions to our homepage to funnel visitors to our Bynder site forgoing many of the features.

Pros

I have grown to like Bynder's filter system and understand its power in finding assets quickly.

Cons

1. There are always issues with load time and responsiveness. 2. Setting up permission levels and functionality is a real chore. Maybe it is our needs, but the initial setup was not well-explained.

Brionne from Clover Collective

It Does the Job

We use Bynder to store all of our completed work, but that doesn't happen as much as we'd like because it takes a long time to upload each asset.

Pros

I like that Bynder is our one-stop-shop for all our digital assets. I also like how easy it is to log in to Bynder and instantly see what fellow coworkers are designing. It's a great place for inspiration that's on-brand because it was created by other designers in our company.

Cons

The interface is very clunky and it can be difficult to find what I'm looking for. It also takes so long to upload even a single asset that many designers forgo uploading their finished work to Bynder.

Kathryn from Vitamix

Good Overall Product - Needs Continuous Improvement

The help-team is generally really responsive at the onset. But once the ticket has to go to engineering or product, I don't get any follow up on where my ticket stands or projected timelines for solving said problem.

Pros

Overall I like this product, I think it's generally user friendly for me as the admin. I find it easy to organize my assets and my users. Some of the reasons I find it cumbersome are because users within my organization are asking the system to do things that it's not capable of. (ie, using it more as a shareable dropbox as opposed to a directory of assets)

Cons

...that said... I find myself having to put in tickets to fix or implement things that feel like they should already be a part of the integration. For example, I asked the system to kick out a report. Within webdam, the report pulled up 4,000 assets that fit the criteria I searched for. However, when I kicked out the excel file, it only showed the first 1,000. What's the point of reporting if I can't see the whole report? Also, my department established a process in webdam for Regular users and it worked for a year or so and then suddenly stopped working due to changes made in the system. It's currently being sorted out now, but it was a frustrating discovery.

Dennis from The University of Texas at Dallas

Webdam is an image and asset repository online.

Great image asset manager that allows teams to share assets and control access to those assets company-wide.

Pros

It let's you share assets with a team or company. I was the admin (in my previous position) for a Webdam install for about 300 users at a university. The assets can be available to all or you can share them with granular permissions. You can store images, videos, documents and other types of files.

Cons

The permissions were tricky to setup and sometimes had to be setup numerous times to actually work. The search was also a bit tricky to get good results.

Caroline from MC2

Bynder was the best thing that happened to our department in 2018

It's when the division president drops by -- in person -- asking for photos of a project and you are able to pull them up almost instantly and email the proper size to him inside of 5 minutes. Makes you look like a hero and an organized one to boot.

Pros

At last, the photos, proposals, documents, style guides, presentations...(you get the pciture) are all in one place and searchable down to the last period and exclamation point.

Cons

The database works hard to deliver our search results, but we always expect more and faster results would be heaven. And one other thing, the wait to see new assets after posting can be agonizing. Particularly if you have additional files to upload with it.

Jason from IHS

Industry: Information Services

I love WebDAM and so do all of my users

brings all of our assets together under one system and allow access to all users across the company

Pros

Sharing directly from the system is amazing, along with folder permissions this makes the system extremely powerful

Cons

sometimes the functionality does not always work reporting and uploading tends to go in and out and when a new version is added to the system any previous sharing links contain the old asset

George from NUS Consulting Group

Easy and capable Digital Asset Management tool

Continuous improvement. it's replaced Evernote and Dropbox for my digital asset management.

Pros

For years I've struggle with a huge Evernote trove of assets or multiple Dropbox folders. Bynder has replaced all that. Very clean database. Just the right amount of categories and tags to provide organization without requiring an extensive dictionary. And Thumbnails that are big enough to see and take action against. Also, you can share files with colleagues and customers very easily.

Cons

There's nothing I actually dislike... perhaps I'd like better frontpage control over which categories are displayed by default. No bigee.

Heather from John Zink Hamworthy Combustion

Industry: Environmental Services

Bynder / WebDAM

From the beginning they have went above and beyond to make sure we have been happy and that we get the system working for us.

May 2016

Bram from Label A

May 2016

Bynder became the primary step in workflow around marketing

We started using Bynder over 3 years ago and we've grown with them. From DAM to Marketing Automation we've always been one of the first users and the super intuitive interface makes it that we still use it. We are now with over 70 people in our team and the system still can handle all our assets and workflows.

Pros

The interface definitely. It's so easy that we never have to explain how it works. We're OS X users and everything seems really familiair which helps.

Cons

The roadmap can always be faster. New features are announced and most of the time released on time but we always want them as soon as we see them.

Gayla from SunPower

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Built For Sucess

Bynder is a great tool - since it is built to your specific needs, there is a lot of thought that goes into the up front to ensure it's success and user-friendly. Bynder's DAM module empowers our marketers to be able to find things on their own, see the brand guidelines, and know what is already "brand approved" in one place. By having featured collections, we can present new and interesting materials that others may not know about in an easy to find way that gets the new assets in our stakeholders hands more quickly than ever before. Bynder's Workflow module is intuitive and easy it is for our stakeholders and legal teams to review, annotate and provide feedback in a timely manner to our creative team. It has greatly improved our communication and efficiency working on projects.

Pros

With one central location for people to find files, guidelines, images and inquire about projects, we are much more efficient in providing people what they need, and ensuring brand compliance. Having Collections and the file send feature is extremely helpful. We also use workflfow, so Bynder collectively allows us to be nimble in our creative development and asset management.

Cons

I wish the workflow tool integrated better with the DAM.

Bryan from Miami University

December 2011

Great product, excellent people!

This is a DAM excellent product and is supported by a fantastic, responsive DAM staff. I highly recommend working with the folks at WebDAM for anyone interested in sustainably managing, or wanting to improve access to, their collection of digital materials! P.S. a small note about (webdam)/admin/keywords.php: "A keyword list enforces consistently throughout your asset library. By using a keyword list, your administrators will be presented with the list to choice from when adding keywords from the Edit Captions page. If you had previously uploaded a keyword list, you will have the option to append your new keywords or replace the previous list.(Seperate keywords and phrases by comma and/or a newline)" *consistently = consistency *choice = choose *Seperate = Separate *newline = new line

Pros

WebDAM is an excellent product with a lot of potential. It is powerful, robust and configurable for most any set of circumstances in which it is used. Your support and customer service staff are absolutely wonderful! The webinars I've attended have been excellent and pertinent. Managing user access to specific folders/assets based on group membership is a fantastic custom option. This system has everything we were looking for in a Digital Asset Management system.

Cons

Parts of the interface are cumbersome. Sometimes it's too many clicks from here to there, sometimes it's just not easy to find the function: in training I've conducted thus far, I have had 3 people ask "How do I move files around? Can I drag and drop?" Managing users (folders maybe?), editing metadata on assets, viewing folder and asset data could all stand some improvement, but the functionality remains. We've been experiencing some odd locking up issues as well. This seems to be related to the auto-logout function (it would be nice if the local administrator could set that auto-logout length of time). When it locks up, only restarting the browser returns functionality. **Have experienced this in Safari & Firefox on Mac OS

Jenn from GuideWell Connect

Highly versatile interface and GREAT product!

We have pushed BrandConnect "to the limit" a few times, and have experienced nothing but positive customer service and a "what can we do to make this happen?" attitude from the WebDAM team. They continue to evolve the interface so that it is becoming a fully-customizable portal, which is adaptable for different client needs. Dynamic Templates are the perfect way to allow users to customize marketing collateral, while still maintaining the approved messaging and Brand attributes we need, as well as Legal and regulatory requirements. Users have easy, organized access to all approved materials, and can customize and download from anywhere at any time - on their schedules! This has been a game-changer for us as a marketing tool and I look forward to leveraging all the enhancements they have on this year's roadmap. I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars for features only because these have not yet been released but the fact that they are working on the updates and that this product will soon surpass all our expectations is AWESOME!

Pros

Versatility, all the main features we need

Cons

Response from Webdam

Replied April 2017

Thanks for your detailed review Jenn. Great to hear weve been a game-changer for your team! We definitely have some awesome features and products launching this year, we hope they exceed your expectations.

Lesley from MAF International

Good product that is helping us make the most of our digital assets globally

Enhanced collaboration and sharing of digital assets across our global organisation. Ability to keep all our digital assets in one place and organised and tagged to improve searchability and usage. It also allows us to run reports to see how material is being used and who is using it.

Pros

Simple to use, intuitive, helpful customer support and Bynder continue to provide enhancements and new functionality to improve our experience. It has been a big benefit to our organisation and enabled us to combine two separate digital asset libraries into one effective global system allowing all our teams across the globe to share and collaborate.

Cons

When we reviewed the market we found no one DAM product was an exact match for our needs by Bynder definitely came the closest. We would like more push notification functionality and also stop/start uploads for times where internet connection is patchy in some of the areas where we operate but we know Bynder is continuing to assess and develop new things on their roadmap

Intuitive system -works great.

It's much easier for sales reps to find the content they need, rather than asking me for files multiple times per day. I love that you don't have to slog through folders - you can mix and match tags/filters to find exactly what you want in very little time. It's also been great to have public links to the files (if desired) to send them out to people outside of the company, like prospects. Way, way better than Dropbox... there's also rudimentary tracking features which could be improved but already have come a long way in the 2 years we've had the system.

Pros

It is very easy to find what you need, and it's really easy to train new employees on it - I basically tell them it's like searching on Amazon. It's a huge upgrade from the folder-based system we were using before (Dropbox). I really like that if an asset needs to be updated, you only have to upload the new version to one place. Our client service rep is also wonderful.

Cons

It was a slog to get the system fully implemented. I suppose that's the case with any digital asset management system, though. It is also pretty expensive for what seems like relatively simple software.

Kristin from Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development

Making the most of Webdam

I've been working with Webdam for the past 6 months and have received great customer service from Chris Marshall. In those 6 months, our organization activated our Brand Connect site and Chris was very helpful in making that happen. The ease of editing at the parent folder level is great. The only issue that I've experienced has been when I submit tickets that are never answered.

Pros

Brand Connect, Ease of editing

Cons

Search function - seems very old school

Response from Webdam

Replied April 2017

Thanks for recognizing our CSM, Chris! Glad youre enjoying working with him as well as Brand Connect. Apologies for the unanswered tickets, we try to get to all tickets in a timely manner. If this happens in the future, please dont hesitate to escalate your issue to your CSM so we can get it resolved quickly. Additionally our help site, www.damsuccess.com, may be useful also.

Excellent Asset Manager

Pros

The browser intergration is smooth and easy to use, allowing drag and drop and other useful features. The custom API abilities are very nice too.

Cons

Lacks a few key features you would expect to present in any DAM like cut and paste of assets, searchability of folder names, a trash can. The biggest downside to me is that if a feature is not working properly, like default sort order not saving for half our users, the solution has to be voted on to be determined important enough to be worked on. This can leave major functionality missing and features not working while you wait for months if not years for a possible fix that's not even guaranteed.

Brigitte from Just Born

Easy place-it, easy find-it.

WebDam is very friendly user. We have a multitude of users from various groups with different needs and capabilities. WebDam allows us to put security in place so we do not share our intellectual properties with just everyone.

Pros

Drag and drop to upload assets

Cons

The light box is cumbersome. The assets needs to stay in there until they are downloaded from the people we share with but WebDam wont alert us when the files are actually downloaded by the end user.

Response from Webdam

Replied April 2017

Thanks Brigitte! Glad to see Webdam is helping you keep your content secure. Regarding your feedback on lightboxes, have you tried watching those particular assets or checking the download reports? If neither accommodate to your workflows, contact your CSM for additional help.

Caitlin from OneGoal

Great product that grows with your company

Overall we've had a great experience with Bynder. We've been able to steadily grow and the new features they have added and improved have also improved our work streams.

Pros

The people at Bynder are great. The process of building our product was seamless and our contact always get back to us quickly with answers to our miscellaneous questions. They were also willing to customize the product to fit our needs and willing to grow with us, given we are a small organization but growing rapidly.

Cons

There are some features that I wish were robust. For example, the Guidelines feature is quite limited in formatting and is not as user friendly as the portal. Another example - we'd love to be able to check multiple filters at once. The photo cropping tool was also quite limited but Bynder recently made improvements to this. Another cool feature about Bynder; they listen to feedback and are constantly improving the product.

Travis from Young Living

Learning and loving this DAM software

Our teams save time, energy, and frustration on a daily basis.

Pros

We love WebDAM's ability to organize and display our marketing team's assets. They are searchable and there are so many flexible options for downloading, sharing, and collaborating. WebDAM is more flexible to our needs than I ever expected it would be.

Cons

There is a lot to learn to make this software work for your needs, but anyone who has served as an admin for this should expect that. The Brand Portal is awesome but more difficult to implement. I wish there was a bit more support around that.

Jade from Edwards Lifesciences

Industry: Medical Devices

A day in life of WebDam

My overall experience with WebDam/Bynder has been great. The customer service is outstanding ... I mean they go above and beyond what I could ask for. So professional and helpful.

Pros

What initially attracted me to WebDam was the low cost and functionality.

Cons

The one thing that I like least about WebDam is that folders cannot be dragged and dropped into the upload window and that they don't appear in searches.

Arjun from Root Capital

WebDAM for Root Capital

WebDAM has been extremely effective in cataloging our vast library of images and even more effective in terms of the ease with which we can extract those images and the data associated with them such as names, dates, locations, industries etc which we use a lot in our storytelling function. The customer service has been nothing less than fantastic. So thank you for this highly recommendable product!

Pros

WebDAM has greatly increased the ease with which we catalog and use images associated with our work in many ways - Vast storage space which reduces the need for filtration of images - Well organized folder system with activation options - Metadata allows us to catalog information along with every image for story development purposes - Different download sizes for web or print purposes - Lightbox system allows us to share images easily for internal and external purposes. - WebDAM's versatility also allows us to store design files and collateral files for downloading by staff members. - AMAZING customer service! Prompt responses on service calls and high quality and regularly scheduled webinars.

Cons

The only con I think of with the current version of the software (that we purchased) is that it does not have an inbuilt media player to play video files. I have been informed that this is something that can be incorporated into the package.

Review for Bynder

Pros

Ease of use to manage digital assets Integrations with Drupal and other third party software Ability to manage users and permissions Keyword searching Load time and speeds Customer service

Cons

Sometimes glitchy features Lack of full customization on front-facing brand guidelines page New features are slow to employ

Bynder

Overall, working as a contributor to a large Bynder database has been a mixed bag. Some of the upload processes and interface choices are a bit frustrating. But in general, it's a stable platform that gets the job done in helping large organizations share assets.

Pros

At its best, Bynder makes it easy to find and share resources within a large team. The interface is generally friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish there were better upload options for assigning photo metadata to fields within Bynder or auto-tagging assets based on metadata. The 'related assets' feature is often confusing and file versions could be displayed in a much more friendly way. Pricing seems a bit high compared to other solutions.

Alex from Rain Bird

Excellent DAM system

Been using WebDAM for a couple of years now and love it. Helped us consolidate our product and beauty photography and other marketing assets into a single place and saved a ton of money and time. Previously, we had multiple agencies and marketing staff across multiple global business units continually looking for photos. Agency requests were expensive and time consuming, often for the same images. Now everyone can get to the same repository for the latest product and beauty shots. No more need for multiple copies all over the organization and we can see at a glance all the latest photos. Great search engine too. Pros: Very cost effective and scalable. Easy to use interface on both front end and back end, powerful meta tagging and search. Like the ability to set up permissions and give discrete access to certain assets for different groups and users. Also ability to download smaller size JPGs from high res source images. Company is actively improving their system and recent changes are making it easier to use and more powerful. Cons: Began as an image management tool so the workflow is still geared toward images. Not using it for managing all our digital source files (i.e. InDesign source with links). We are beginning to put video files in our WebDAM system, but there's still some work to be done on video management. Not really a pro or con, but setting up all the proper meta data is a major task if you haven't already done so. But once you do get all your tagging and taxonomy in place, the system gets even more powerful.

WebDAM - A Bynder Product

Having been a WebDAM user for the past 5+ years, we have really relied on the software for all of our digital asset needs for our marketing department and for the entire organization.

Pros

We were early adopters to onboard WebDAM and the solution has met our need. It allows us to organize, tag, download, save lightboxes for projects, search, expire old photos with ease. The pricing is aligned with their competitors so it's a competitive software solution for anyone to explore!

Cons

For us, they are only minor - being able to embed metadata within the photo through WebDAM and integrated plug-ins for Adobe CC. Not a deal breaker but certainly would help!

Mark from Groupon

Bynder is very easy to use!

Pros

What I love most about Bynder is just user friendly the interface is. Everything is in the right place, which makes it super simple to figure out on your own, with little to no guidance. Their API is also really easy to use with plenty of options to integrate your third party tools.

Cons

I would love more built in integration possibilities, like auto import from Adobe stock or similar.

Webdam / Workstream

Pros

We have been able to significantly reduce the amount of time project managing our creative requests since rolling out Webdam to our organization.

Cons

There are a few minor annoying things - for example, when showing a list of tasks it shows 20 on a page. Instead of being able to "show all" - you only have the option to "show more". When you have 800 tasks, that is a lot of clicking@

Jade from Edwards Lifesciences

Industry: Medical Devices

Webdam Life

Webdam was chosen to be our DAM system because of the ease of use and affordable pricing. The task of migration was a bit tricky. We hired an outside company to transfer assets from MediaBin to Webdam. Transferring metadata and some of file types were a bit challenging. We just about have all of those issues solved. We rolled out our training of Webdam to employees and vendors. The system has been well received and folks are using it and love how smooth it is. Uploading assets is a breeze, drag and drop...voila! Very easy to add metadata and organize the folder structure. Overall, Webdam is an amazing DAM system!!

Pros

Ease of use. It works well. Company is open to suggestions for improvement.

Cons

Lack of folder functionality...not being able to email, download, upload or have folders populate a search.

Response from Webdam

Replied April 2017

Glad to hear your team was able to easily adopt Webdam! Increased folder functionality is a feature thats high on our radar. In the meantime, while lightboxes arent the same as folders, they are great for batch actions like emailing, downloading, etc.

Aaron from social media

I utilize WebDam to manage the organization of my company's image collection for multiple teams.

Pros

I greatly appreciate the ability to maintain group permissions, as it allows me to ensure that proper controls are in place to prevent improper use of imagery.

Cons

There are occasions in which the connection between Shutterstock and WebDam takes more time than I would like. There is often a delay between the purchasing of the image and the appearance of the image in WebDam

S. from H&W

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Very versatile DAM solution

Bynder offers a very versatile DAM so a lot of rather specific features we wanted to get implemented were often already available or at least familiar to our project managers. Bynder has a strong focus on customer experience and communication and really making sure you are getting the product that works best for your needs with project managers really taking their time to understand your company and being able to offer solutions (or at least tweak off-the-shelf solutions) to fit your needs.

Pros

Versatility

Cons

Graphic design adjustments do take some time and templates should be a little more customisable and tweakable.

Sanjana from David Evans and Associates, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

What's new

Pros

I love this site but would like to know what's new.

Cons

I thought you had an app for this but not sure what happened since Bynder took over.

Will from Loot Crate

Highly flexible, and a great image-based DAMm system.

Pros

Cons

Communications can sometimes be lacking. Some features were simply dropped with no notification, features that were a main reason for choosing Bynder in the first place.

September 2013

Maribel from American Media Inc.

Review of Web DAM Service

My name is Maribel Dato and I work with American Media, Inc. We recently signed up with Web DAM to create a full e-commerce website solution to our syndication and licensing needs, so in other words, this site helps other clients that are typically business media to license or purchase rights to our content through the site that Web DAM solutions has created for us. Overall the experience has been very good. We had the website up and running within 7 weeks which is what we expected as a development time. Our customer success rep has done a stellar job in assisting us with setting the account properly. One of the pros to having our website developed by the web DAM team is that we not only got the training from our account success manager but we also got videos and other interactive tools to learn the site systems. The only issues I've experienced are that when specific functionality questions or issues have come up, I don't always get an answer within the same day and sometimes I need to wait for the next upgrade of the Web DAM system or rollover in order for it to be fixed, which is not as practical as we'd wish when it comes to doing business with our own clients with the website. I hope to see many improvements from your services and in general we are very satisfied as customers with our new DAM site.

Alex from Brother International Corporation

Much Potential but a Little Ways To Go

I am a big fan of the User Interface and the familiarity of the platform since it is much like shutterstock in terms of dashboard. However certain features have been wonky and other features that feel like should be their out of the box may lack at times. Given time though I know the company will improve the platform dramatically.

Pros

Clean modern and present day looking interface. Very similar to stock websites creating a familiar environment in which to browse. Company works with many other large companies leading to new integration and features often.

Cons

The process to import large quantity of data and tagging them is a Herculean effort. Search has been a little weird as well.

Brent from LearningRx

December 2011

Our use is unconventional but WebDAM delivers!

I highly recommend WebDAM. We have been told that we use the system unlike any other customer which is a huge testament to how flexible their system is. They are certainly reliable in many aspects. Their systems are dependable, their customer service is knowledgeable and there is NOT another digital asset manager out there like this!

Pros

There are many rich features such as sending files directly to a printer, emailing source files and other things that save us so much time. The levels available for user control is un-matched. Also, our account representative could teach a few others a thing or two about great customer service! If there is an issue (which is rare) or we're not sure how to do something we simply ask and always get an extremely fast response which is great for how quick this move in our corporate environment.

Cons

It certainly takes time to learn how to use the Admin section of the site. The user controls are very extensive and can be confusing. This is the only "con" if that's what you can call it. All new systems require a level of learning & WebDAM is always there to help.

Ewan from RHS

DAM made easy

Pros

Really simple to use which has supported quick user adoption and helped us ensure our digital transformation could occur.

Cons

Bynder has very few flaws but the rights management side could be stronger but this is due to the complexity of our digital assets.

Denise from Talking Rain Beverage Co.

Great tool to get assets to our internal and external customers.

Organized and easily distributed assets.

Pros

Ease of use to organize and manage assets. Like the admin tools are reports and metrics that can be produced.

Cons

The occasional lag time. There is not a lot from an administrator's stand point that has been difficult.

Great Software But Too Expensive

Pros

Easy to use. The permission sets are what got us to purchase the software and it was pretty simple. The folder structure was nice and uploading was easy.

Cons

The "Brand Connect" feature wasn't so great. Half the features are in BETA so they don't work. The cost is simply too high for what is offered. We went with another software that was cheaper and had more features.

July 2014

Lee from Boori

July 2014

Intuitive interface

Our requirement was to find a Digital Asset Management platform to house all of our creative assets, including images, videos, logos, communication templates etc, on a single web based Brand Portal which would easily deploy these assets to a host of users with varying technological experience. After extensive research, we decided on Bynder due to it's user friendly, intuitive interface which has proved very easy to use and requires minimal explanation to users. During the initial setup process, when we required a more in-depth explanation and demonstration of the extensive features the Bynder platform offers, I found the team clearly (and patiently) explained everything in a passionate manner that was tailored to our specific needs. Our Brand Portal has been a hugely useful tool in helping us launch our recent rebrand to a global audience - we have complete and instant control of all of our creative assets ensuring our regional marketeers and retail partners can access approved material, specific to their user access level, on demand. Having now worked with Bynder for nearly a year, I would recommend their DIgital Asset Management platform and their hugely responsive support team very highly and without hesitation.

Caitlin from Humanscale

Industry: Furniture

Great Resource for Asset Management

Pros

We love having all of our marketing collateral in one place that is easily accessible. Our sales reps can access photos and videos on their laptops, cell phones and easily share materials through Bynder.

Cons

We had issues during the implementation process. Our teams required a lot of training and resources weren't readily available.

Dennis from The University of Texas at Dallas

December 2011

WebDAM fits our needs as a university

This product is great for organizations that have been struggling for a professional grade system to handle digital assets. We mostly use it for image files, but it can handle more file types we have not even explored. The support staff is always very responsive to our needs and friendly.

Pros

The WebDAM Digital Asset Management system really fills our needs at The University of Texas at Dallas. We have over 300 users in the system and 90,000+ images in over 1,400 folders in our WebDAM. It allows us to tightly control who has access to which assets, who can download, who can add assets to the system and documentation when someone downloads assets. There are even controls that let you password protect certain areas for access control even better. The search is great for finding assets and the input controls when adding assets lets you build a better search into the system.

Cons

The only thing I would change is to make the folder/album names themselves searchable. This would make the search perfect.

Good product that met our needs for a while

It solved a lot of problems and was a great first step. Eventually we moved to a more sales-enablement focused platform that accomplished digital asset management plus sales enablement all integrated with Salesforce. But the marketing team was very happy with Bynder.

Pros

Easy to manage and tag assets; version control of all assets; easy to share assets out with internal stakeholders, clients and prospects using collections.

Cons

Until the end, we heard complaints from sales that it was too hard to find things. Too many results would come up and in no particular priority order.

February 2016

Michael from Southbank Centre

February 2016

Bynder - the easiest and most liked system

We use Bynder for Digital Asset Management purposes. Reliability and ease of use are key in on-boarding a medium-large organisation onto the system. Having a central asset bank like Bynder is a great help. It is really easy to use and most new personnel just 'get it' instantly. The most often received piece of feedback from new users is how much of an improvement the system is, as compared to network storage or cloud-based document storage (like Google Drive or Dropbox). Make no mistake, it is endlessly customisable and can be made as verbose as your company needs, while maintaining a solid interface to help guide users through the required processes. Today we are able to centralise images and display them internally for staff to see how much content we produce. We are also able to use Bynder's dropbox functionality to work with external asset suppliers, without the need for maintaining accounts for non-staff users, while maintaining reliability and security of the system. What I dislike is that the minor interface glitches occasionally. But those are promptly remedied by ongoing release cycles or support intervention.

Haley from NOV

Great Experience, Start to Finish

We evaluated many DAM solutions and are so glad we chose WebDAM. They're incredibly responsive and down to earth people, which makes it so much easier to partner with them. The software is pretty user-friendly, and they're always adding new features. Even after we were all set up and on our way, they continued to check in and are always available to us. It wasn't a "take your money and run" scenario like you see all too often.

Response from Webdam

Replied April 2017

Appreciate the review Haley! The feelings mutual. Were happy to be partners with you!

Thom from University of Washington / Marketing

December 2011

Good product, could be even better

We are generally happy with the product solution and feel it is better than the other ones we evaluated during the review phase. When customers make feature suggestions you should try to find out what scenario is taking place that makes these ideas so needed. Understanding your customers' workflows can be quite revealing.

Pros

It's very important for us for our end-users to find the database easy to use, as our potential audience is around 80,000. For the most part, users seem to find WebDAM easy to use. Administering, uploading photos and making simple changes are fairly easy to handle, although there are some situations where we do need help from WebDAM to figure out. The emails and blog are helpful for users to get to know the product better.

Cons

- The single biggest feature problem that affects users, is that we aren't able to custom edit the email that goes out to users after they register. We aren't able to tell them their account will be not activated immediately -- and when you're in the business of providing assets, customers are generally in a panicked state of needing them. - We had a lot of trouble setting up permissions for different groups to view or not view folders that required extended tech support with WebDAM. Because the process of doing this is not intuitive, it is hard to share this information with other administrators here. - I would say that none of the feature suggestions we've send along have yet been implemented. So I do wonder what better, more important features other users of your product are sending that catch your eye.

Tara from EagleRider Motorcycle Rentals & Tours

DAMit they're good!

Overall, this system has been a god send for me and I'm eternally grateful.

Pros

WebDAM has really improved my overall work life. I work in the marketing department for the largest motorcycle travel company in the world, we are CONSTANTLY sending photos and large scale graphic files to designers, tour operators, travel agents and other affiliates. It used to be a massive struggle to send high resolution images and graphic files. Thanks to WebDAM, I no longer struggle to send multiple large scale files to multiple senders. In addition, WebDAM's search and tagging capabilities allow other people to search for photos they're looking for, so I save time searching and trying to read the mind of other people. Amazing system.

Cons

When emailing a download invite, the email sometimes takes several minutes to arrive and I'd like the download invite link to be available for longer than 48 hours.

Shawna from Compassion International

Great product, great on innovation.

Pros

Intuitive software, great user feedback. A great UX is like a joke - if you have to explain it, it's not a good one.

Cons

Implementation was a little bumpy, particularly with the media import. Took longer than expected & project plan wasn't very clear.

Amazing Solution

Bynder is was the right solution for us because it streamlined so many of our current processes and very easy to use!

Pros

So easy to use and extremely customizable

Cons

It is a great platform haven't run into anything yet, but more integrations are always welcomed!

Robert from California Department of Water Resources

Solutions Architect

WebDAM has some great new features that they have begun to offer and it appears the product is going in the right direction. Here are some suggests for improvement: The user interface should be more dynamic and have more options for branding. Perhaps offering different branding options and templates, or page layouts. It would be nice to see some integration with WebDAM with other portal environments. I would love to embed the webdam library inside of our SharePoint Intranet environment. This should appear seamless to the end user. Also, providing integration with 3rd party security authorities, directory services like LDAP and AD should be on the road map as well. Also an ability to verify a registered user is human i.e. captcha would alleviate some the burden on us to verify the legitimacy of a user request. While the Admin interface is getting better, there are still bugs with different browsers. Overall WebDAM is on the right track we are intrigued to see where the company goes in the next year.

Response from Webdam

Replied September 2013

Hi Robert, Thanks for the feedback, many of the features you mentioned are available for our users. The last release has a built in CMS editor that you can use to create and customize new pages in your WebDAM. We have a REST API that will allow you to integrate with any other business applications your organization uses. Many other WebDAM customers currently utilize our LDAP integration. You can contact your customer success manager for more information about these features. We are also releasing a new branded login experience in the upcoming release, along with more features and enhancements. Be sure to join us during the new release webinar on Oct 3rd. Register here: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/647071071 Looking forward to seeing you there!