• Pros

• "Using this Application / Software is a very great choice that I have made in my career. So much useful for my career."

• "It has excellent controls over our team's access. It is easy to make up templates and have our team modify them to use. I like the way it saves as you build the template. Great features."

• "This software is very easy to handle, you can uplaod the data very easily and manage the e-mail without any difficulties"

• Cons

• "While powerful there is a level of learning as the interface is more difficult than other platforms"

• "I have 0 complaints about this platform. I do however wish there were more pre-made layouts to choose from, even though the ones available are so awesome and easy to customize."

• "- Some features and configurations can be a bit hard to figure out without a fairly technical background - Email builder templates felt a bit restrictive in terms of styling and formatting options"

Browse Campaign Monitor Reviews

Brant from Outback Spirit Tours

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I love Campaign Monitor

Pros

I am a web developer and their API is fantastic to use. It is easy and straightforward.

Cons

Some things within their GUI are hard to find and some extra logging features for developers would be handy.

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor

Ease of use and features

We've tried many, and this seems to lead the pack.

Overall, the best email marketing solution my team has worked with in the last year. Fair value for money i must say too.

Pros

- Great suggestive features such as email-body formatting tips - Nice delivery and send-out time - Extensive scenario handling for segmentations and optional blocks - Great responsiveness of website across multiple form factors on devices(mobile, tablet, etc)

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor

Well, we kind of had to try all of them, and just stuck with Campaign Mon. because it just worked!

Excellent Email Tool for small business

Campaign Monitor allowed us to send our monthly newsletter with ease. This brought in an abundance of new business for the company and helped to grow revenue.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is simple to use and allows any business to run marketing campaigns to their audiences. The drag and drop builder is excellent.

Cons

Campaign Monitor doesn't have a CRM, so you'll need to import your lists for every send or integrate with a something like Zoho, HubSpot or Salesforce.

Price

Do not recommend. Better Platforms for the price.

There are many platforms out there at a much lower cost that offer more robust features and functionality and that can be hooked up to Salesforce in a way that might not be as seamless but would be worth it.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use and integrates with Salesforce, which is why we chose it over Pardot when making an initial selection.

Cons

There are many limitations, from design to ability to customize the registration confirmation message (no modal???). Also, no way to tell the difference between hard bounces, which makes it impossible to automate deactivation of contacts in Salesforce.

Asheton from INE

Nice Email Automation Tool

It was a good platform for email marketing, but wasn't a CRM solution.

Pros

I like how easy it was to set up email automation campaigns. We had a custom template and I thought Campaign Monitor worked pretty well with it. Organizing and segmenting our lists was also a breeze.

Cons

The main reason we left and switched to Hubspot was because Hubspot was an all-in-one CRM tool that connected to many of our other programs that we use.

James from Colewood

Great for agencies

Pros

We used Campaign Monitor for many years with multiple clients and it worked really well. Segmentation of clients was easy and setting new ones up was all self-initiated​, no need to contact support. List management​ was a breeze as well as segmentation. Campaign creation was also easy, we never used the drag and drop editor​ as we crated bespoke HTML emails ourselves.

Cons

The reason why we chose to move away from CM was the segmentation was slightly limiting for us. We basically needed to segment based on relative dates, i.e from now until 3 months ago. This could only be achieved by entering exact dates, which you would need to change on a​ daily basis if using for automation purposes. If that doesn't bother you I would recommend using CM.

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor

The agency aspect was enticing as well as the self-management process meaning we weren't paying overheads for account managers.

Jon from David's Clothing

Campaign Monitor

This like many other Email companies can be as successful​ as you want if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. The great thing with this is the Price is very competitive and it offers a bit more than the others.

Pros

Campaign Monitor recently bought Conversio Emails. The price is very competitive for all the things it offers. Email campaigns, reviews, pop-ups, newsletters​, Abandon Cart functions. I have sent out multiple individual newsletters and abandon carts with success rates.

Cons

The Workflow function on the site was a little hard to set up and its why I do not send more out. When I turned it on it sent an email to every single person on my list.... when I just wanted it to send one to the new subscribers from that time forward.

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor

Pricing and because Campaign Monitor offers more functions than the others.

Ryan from Xpedite Fulfillment

Industry: Warehousing

Selling e-Mail Marketing

Support has been great when needed. Our emails are going out without being blocked and we are getting great information back on tracking for each email campaign we setup.

Pros

Not only is this platform very easy to use to create and build email newsletters and support emails it gives you the ability to white label and brand the software to sell as a service to your current clients. Adding revenue to support your sales and marketing clients through email marketing.

Cons

The template designer which is very easy to use and has quality templates is lacking in the customization aspect the designs are. How ever you can code and upload your own email designs.

Robert from Farmers First Coffee Company

Industry: Wholesale

Gets the Job Done

Overall I'd recommend Campaign Monitor, especially if you're in a rush.

Pros

We enjoyed using Campaign Monitor after switching from MailChimp. We were able to get up and running, fast.

Cons

We disliked that the platform seemed to be split between different names. Sometimes the login would redirect us to another website which was a bit weird.

Allison from Brown University

Campaign Monitor

We purchased Campaign Monitor to send personalized, relevant, and timely emails to our audience. Our contacts at CM worked hard to ensure that this was the right fit for us and our needs.

Pros

Campaign Monitor has a lot of personalization options (conditional text, incorporating multiple data sources) that put you in control of your program.

Cons

Because we were a smaller client for CM, but had a lot of security and legal requirements, our sales process took quite a while (around six months).

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor had the features we needed for the best price.

Jordan from Adtaxi

Quality and evolution in mail marketing.

Campaign Monitor is a tool that works very well, has excellent ideas and very decent templates. It has helped us improve and increase our customers by mail, its user interface is easily customizable. It is easy to navigate without many complications, manages to satisfy and inform customers about the benefits of the company. It has also allowed us to obtain data collection with great ease through reports. It has been very helpful in our organization and is a platform that offers good design tools in the construction of emails based on our projects. I always got a positive response and also increased product sales. It has all the high quality features you need for your business, this is really important for time efficiency, and Campaign Monitor is perfect.

Pros

Campaign Monitor allows me to create, send, manage and track emails with ease. It has a complete and receptive functionality that facilitates automation, is solid and easy to use with space to grow and improve. It also has high delivery capacity and excellent compatibility with mobile devices and computers. It basically holds my hand every step of the way and makes it easy for you to insert images, links, text, calls to action buttons and more into your templates.

Cons

Its price is not so competitive for companies or small organizations that are starting their marketing business.

Abbas from Masterkey

Best email marketing and automation solution i've used so far!

Pros

We've used other email marketing tools for different reasons over the years, but still always came back to read Campaign Monitor's excellent email marketing advice on their blogs and articles about best practices. Finally took the plunge a year ago and moved all our subscribers over. No regrets whatsoever! Just the amazing email editor and template manager is enough to make me leave everything else and use Campaign Monitor. The extensive segmentation tools, super clear and well-formed APIs to connect with our CRM and outstanding customer journey setup is above and beyond what i've seen from other tools in the market. Oh and their brilliant responsive all-platform templates!! Also, when they say 'award-winning' and round the clock support / success teams, they mean it! Definitely and whole-heartedly recommended!

Cons

I'm nit-picking, but how Campaign Monitor counts subscribers (in order to bill us) is different from some of the other tools out there. For e.g. if the same subscriber is in two mailing lists, it counts as two for billing purposes. If you have many lists, it tends to balloon your billing subscription out a bit.

September 2016

Douglas from Norcross-Madagascar (U.S.) L.L.C.

September 2016

Great Product, Great Support, Definitely Better than Others We have Tried

After over twelve hours attempting to log on, pay for, and conduct a REPEAT newsletter/emailout with one of its competitors, GetResponse, I had to look elsewhere, because their system was rejecting our email list, because it "looked" to GetResponse's totalitarian software as "very similar to another list on its server"---OF COURSE IT LOOKED SIMILAR---We had used their service twice in the past year---with admittedly a few "hiccups", but we had got those emails out. Their service refused to let us log in, or pay for, or reactivate our old account, so we had to create a new one---and that's likely one factor that led to the total failure of their organization to provide the slightest bit of genuine service to us yesterday. Shortly before midnight, I tried competitor "RedCappi", but after I edited an outgoing email address, it looked as if they might delay sending the test emails, so while waiting to see how long that delay might be, I set up a "Campaign Monitor" account, and proceeded with the same process (our newsletter html was "ready to go"---having been produced by the IT guru at our factory overseas). Despite a good half-hour lead, the RedCappi test emailouts took over an hour and a half to arrive, versus maybe less than a minute with Campaign Monitor. I was sold---uploaded all 4800 or so email addresses to Campaign Monitor without a hitch, and Campaign Monitor clearly pointed out a few dozen "oops" emails I had mis-formatted, and I was able to fix all and add them back into the emailout effortlessly. When I wanted to send to the total list, instead of to four test email addresses, I found a helpful FAQ on the Campaign Monitor site which clearly walked me through how to resend to new subscribers---a vast difference from having to "Chat" on three separate occasions with the GetResponse team to help me with their less-user-friendly system (EVEN THOUGH I HAD USED GetResponse TWICE PREVIOUSLY)!

Pros

Hard question to answer---Sorry, I have to say "EVERYTHING"! Worked well, priced me in cheaper local currency, fast sendout, very helpful tips on mis-formatted emails, phenomenal customer support, no login or password struggles...the list goes on (a double-entendre).

Cons

Unsubscribe "Tag" added at the bottom of our emails was in a different font from the bottom portion of our emailout/newsletter---a minor point.

Saad from YMCA of Greater Toronto

This is your best option if you don't have a good CRM or Marketing Automation (Premier Plan user)

Non-Profit Discount, Volume Discount, Drip Automation, WYSIWYG editor (removing designer/developer dependency), Web Form Integration

Pros

You get a: > WYSIWYG email editor (making responsive email design & development a piece of cake). > Conditional email blocks based on list segmentation or conditions. > Easy to setup email drips to your list, based on when they joined, segmentation rules or custom conditions > User management to limit access to the lists and control actual email deployment > Ability to run unlimited basic Spam Filter, Firewall and Email Client tests > New reporting tab makes monitoring email performance much easier

Cons

The transnational emails are great for basic requirements. Anything more needs custom development and support. I was disappointed when I found there's no way to limit Transactional Emails to run on specific lists out of the box.

Christopher

It just works !

Pros

Clear, clutter-free interface with the right tools for the job, everything is made to concentrate on your emailmarketing objectives and not how to use the tool :) I've been using CM for close to 10 years and have witnessed their progressive and intelligent implementations : nothing is added that you won't *really* need and once it's added it's especially intuitive. Add to that Campaign Monitor's daily tips, blog posts, ressources and especially their outstanding client support : you just can't go wrong.

Cons

Hard to fin anything really, maybe certain ways of implementing behavioral segments but then again maybe it's my Marketing objectives that aren't clear enough...

Shilpa from Endurance International Group

A product well thought through

I have been using CampaignMonitor for almost 4 years now. I love the tool more than MailChimp and Constant Contact. I

Pros

*Allows to send a test mail and check personalization using real examples from your contact list. *You can also set up email automation with the tool. *The HTML upload and rendering across devices is on point. Very well made product. * Does not force users to use bulky footers that promotes itself unlike Constant Contact

Cons

I was billed extra and forced to use the plan I upgraded to for an entire month without being prompted that my list size had exceeded a certain number. While I understand it makes sense for your revenue it is not a very good customer experience.

Alex from Kinter Media

Campaign Monitor is the best email marketing platform... period!

My over experience has been awesome! Once you go with CM you can't go back to any other platform because it feels and looks like a joke compared to it.

Pros

I like how professional the website layout and features are. I feel that other platforms are too simplified and have a cheap feeling to them. Campaign monitor cares about the look and feel, as well as the performance of their platform. The way contacts/subscribers/lists are managed is one of my favorite features. The whole platform is intuitive in nature.

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor

I chose campaign monitor because it is really flexible when it comes to campaigns. Also, the interface is much more advanced than other platforms. It gives you many more options to customize, interpret data and how you want to send campaigns out.

Gareth from IO

Rock solid

We use Campaign Monitor to keep track of lists on course registrations. We've had the same code running for years and have never run into issues. The API is very stable and after 5 years we haven't had any issues, no breaking changes or anything related to it. I'm very happy with the services provided.

Pros

I liked the documentation, it's nice and easy to read as well as follow. Integrating with their API was also easy, I had no issues with that and works well. The responses are great and errors that you do get are easy to understand and resolve.

Cons

I can't fault Campaign Monitor on anything regarding our use case, it has fulfilled our desired use cases.

November 2015

Jim

November 2015

Campaign Monitor

If you are using emails to communicate with customers you really can do a much better job with a service like Campaign Monitor. You can create and store templates, get instant reports on opens and clicks, and other data. They have very few glitches and when it happens they fix them right away. Customer service is better than excellent.

Pros

As mentioned, I would give their customer service a +++. I am a very small user. I'm sure they have much more important clients. But that's not how they treat me when I have a need. They are right on top of things and and I believe they treat me the same as a major user. They also send periodic "lessons" on how to improve email content and they are worth reading. Embedding photos/images is a breeze and you get quality true to that of the original image.true

Cons

If you are a savvy, tech-smart user you can navigate and use the service with few problems. If you are a 3/5 like me, it is sometimes a challenge to get around. After a while you can learn it, but the initial phases can be daunting. They might consider creating a glossary for some of the technical terms. There are a few options I wish they would incorporate in their text capabilities.

Stacy from Outlook Orange

Campaign Monitor

Campaign monitor is great for small business' who are not much on the technical side, it's easy to use and easy to explain to your clients. It also has high deliverability and excellent compatibility with mobile and computer. The pricing also differs which is great if you have a range of clients from small to medium to large business'.

Pros

Campaign monitor is clean and modern and because of it's designed, it's very easy to use and understand. You also have a range of templates to choose from. This is best if you are not very technical and find it easy to use a drop and drag function. They also give you access to your statistics and you can export your database if you need to upload it to another service. They also continuously grow their services and have now added automation, insights and transactional emails. You can also design your own email using code and upload the code as a template to Campaign Monitor

Cons

You pay for everytime you send out a batch of emails where some email marketing services are free. The customer service takes a while to get back to you. Sometimes the code you upload won't look as good when its embed into Campaign monitor, Sometimes the functionality of the code goes off. The email campiagn you send out can look better on chrome than safari

Nicki from NextWord Communications

August 2016

A great product that keeps evolving

I've been using Campaign Monitor for several years to send email campaigns for my clients, mostly small to medium-sized nonprofits and civic organizations. I love that it's designer-oriented - you can create your own custom templates or use theirs. They've introduced (and then significantly improved) flexible templates that perform very well responsively. They also take their sender reputation very seriously; when one of my clients inadvertently sent an email to an old list and ended up with too high a percentage of spam reports and unsubscribes, the Campaign Monitor support team was very helpful in working with me to address the issues.

Pros

Responsive design; clean, contemporary, flexible templates; handles images well; great reporting; prompt, helpful, friendly customer service; competitive pricing; agency discount

Cons

Honestly can't think of any at the moment.

Clare from Medicash

Email campaigns made simple

Campaign monitor is my favourite email campaign tool and I will continue to use it for its simple, clean designs and service.

Pros

Campaign Monitor makes it really easy to set up and deliver email campaigns and analyse the results of each campaign. The templates are brilliant for creating quality emails which look professional and clean all you need to do is put your content in. Campaign Monitor basically holds your hand every step of the way and make it easy for you to insert pictures, links, text, call to action buttons and more into your templates.

Cons

The biggest problem that I've been having lately is trying to send a preview email to myself...it never seems to work on a Friday! It can be really frustrating if I have something that I need to get done that day and I can preview it in my own inbox first. It seems to work every other day of the week though.

Great mid-level email marketing tool

Pros

Very easy to set up triggers and actions. You can get going in Campaign Monitor very quickly. Setting up email sequences based on complex user activities is a breeze. The live reporting feature...with a globe pinpointing exactly where the recipients of your email are opening your email...is super cool and valuable from a geo-marketing point of view. Basic personalization and transactional capabilities are decent as well.

Cons

The support was not the best. Hit and miss. Sometimes they answered questions/resolved issues in almost real-time...but other times it can take them up to 48 hours to get back to you.

Solid, reliable emailing

We manage multiple clients and their emailing needs from within our account, as well as sending our own emails. We use the template builder and custom html, and find that both work well.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a safe pair of hands when it comes to emailing. I find the list management (and related tasks such as keeping on top of unsubscribes) easier and better than competing softwares. The ability to manage clients' accounts and take a cut of fees also works well for us. Reporting is also clear and simple.

Cons

The template builder, whilst still very good, could do with some extra thought to enhance it further and bring in line with modern email capabilities. I would love to see more responsiveness, more font choices etc. Also, the interface as a whole is beginning to feel a little dated, and I would be interested to see that given a refresh.

Great product for small biz, but limited capabilities

I can quickly build one template and create different versions of it. Or, I can make duplicates of an existing email, and make any edits I want. It's very easy to use for basic email creation and deployment.

Pros

There are a dozens of templates to choose from, or you can build your own campaign. Easy to get started, easy to set up deployments.

Cons

I've never been able to upload prebuilt html into the platform. Supposedly you can, but we had a designer, and two managers all sitting around the computer for nearly an hour trying to figure it out to no avail. And a more robust search feature would be great - like the ability to search by subject line or key word.

Currently the best email service provider in the balance of powerful features and easy of use.

Pros

I love the email builder. That's what did it for me. But I also like Worldview, it's amazing. I also really like the reports, they are so easy to navigate and give deeper insights than I saw with other ESPs.

Cons

It's a little pricey compared to the alternatives, but I think it's worth it. One time I had a very bad issue which they apologized for and gave me a credit for, but it was really bad. Things happen, still a great company.

Brendan from Archer Malmo

Campaign Monitor makes email marketing easy with it's easy to use interface and a ton of features.

The biggest benefit was that I was able to get up to speed and learn the software quickly. It wasn't overwhelming and I felt like I could build great looking emails right away.

Pros

I like that it enables you to create great looking email without any prior experience or knowledge coding or building emails. They have a drag and drop email builder that allows you to quickly create beautiful, responsive, mobile-friendly emails in an easy to use interface. Their marketing automation features are also much easier to learn than some of their competitors.

Cons

For advanced email marketers with coding and development knowledge, Campaign Monitor is a little too simple. It really is geared to marketers who don't have a lot of development knowledge and lacks some of the features of Salesforce's Marketing Cloud.

Easiest Email System I’ve Seen

Pros

So easy to use, it’s not even possiable to access the HTML or SQL. Anyone can pick this tool up easy.

Cons

Usually you compromize ease of use for robust, advanced features. But, there’s not too many issues with this. Sometimes I have to be creative, but I have always made it work. I hope to see more on the automated program features - like being able to exclude if they’re on another list.

Adam from Freelance

Email Campaigns made super easy

Campaign Monitor was great up until the switch. Creating powerful email campaigns for clients has never been easier, not just for admin but also for the clients themsleves.

Pros

Recenetly Campaign Monitor has improved in terms of how easy their software is to use. In the past templates were a hassle to construct. Now there are quick presets which make things quicker and easier.

Cons

No real cons, but I have recently moved to Mailchimp. I have found Mailchimp to be a much nicer tool to use

Anne from FYI Direct

The Smartest Place for Email Marketers to hang out!

I first became aware of Campaign Monitor many years ago when I was getting my start in email marketing. I learned so much from all the important resources on their website, which really helped me to leverage competitive design strategies for my campaigns.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a leader in the industry because they provide a great product and fantastic support - their site is a treasure trove of need to know information on email marketing, all at your fingertips whenever you need it. This combination really gives you the edge when it comes to creating, testing, and launching competitive campaigns that drive engagement with your audience and result in increased conversions.

Cons

What's not to like? Campaign Monitor has so many advantages there's not anything to complain about!

Heidi from E-Learning

Has everything you need, but not for beginners

Pros

Campaign Monitor has every feature you need. If you want automated campaigns, a/b testing, api specific campaigns, it's got it all. It's got so much flexibility to fit whatever your use case is.

Cons

It can be challenging to use. It's not as simple as other drag and drop platforms. To design a really great campaign, you really HAVE to know a little HTML.

Thomas from ERNIT

Good email tool

Pros

The import function is pretty cool. Simply paste a list into a form and it figures it out by itself.

Cons

The workflow is not always intuitive. More choices should be available at any given time.

Jim from Classic Fashion Resources

I have been a user for a number of years. I own a retail store and use to communicate w/customers

IT helps drive customers into the store and to stay in touch with them, in general. We can present images that focus on what we want customers to think about. It gives customers a way to send feedback, if they want to do so. It provides attractive templates that allow us to create a consistent, recognizable look.

Pros

It has a lot of power and flexibility. A user with little computer expertise can make it work, or more complex efforts are possible, too. User support is excellent, regardless how large or small you might be. I don't think it would be possible to find a better communications vehicle for the cost.

Cons

I would like to see more WORD functions included in the email text options. I would include underlining, bullet lists and few other options.

Kris from Welltower Inc.

An expansive email marketing tool.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a full-featured, high-quality email marketing tool. My business has found success using this tool for both internal and external audiences. I find the greatest value in the analytics features of the tool. This helps my marketing team use data to plan directed communications to employees and customers.

Cons

The customer service is non-transparent. Campaign Monitor makes many attempts to defer your help requests through pages of FAQs and making it difficult to find their email contact form. It looks like they have a call-in line for premium pay customers, however I did not have any issues I needed to contact them for while I had the premium account.

Creativity through email; a great way to personalize an email

Pros

I have been using Campaign Monitor to personalize my emails and it is more for my personal use. It provides me with a chance to create a customized email which showcases my creativity and my personality. The product is easy to set-up as well, it is not necessary to have an in-depth computer literacy to be able to learn and use Campaign Monitor. It is simple with an easy interface that can allow anyone to personally use this.

Cons

The fees associated are a little high for its features, especially when a huge batch of emails are sent, also, uploaded code does not look as great as you thought it would be before uploading it.

Bradley from Self-Employed

Super helpful, and easy to use when you are getting started

The price is right. It has less functionality, but the ease of use and lower cost make this an important part of our email marketing strategy.

Pros

Very easy to get started with setting up your initial email lists for targeting. Can easily customize lists based on customer attributes

Cons

Somewhat limited functionality. We still use Campaign monitor, but we split our time between this product and one of their competitors since we like the reporting features of one of their competitors.

Brayan Agostinho from SOAINT

very good email marketing application easy and convenient to use with many essential tools

Pros

If you want to highlight a good email so that your clients do not miss it, Campaign Monitor is ideal. Campaign Monitor provides us with a large number of essential tools for an email marketing job. It provides us with a large number of templates and a good form of easy and comfortable editing to create and develop beautiful web designs. allows us to manage and take control to send emails. perfect for advertising campaigns with a marketing contact organization. It also includes a tool that keeps us informed in real time and details about who opened the emails and who shared it. a copañia very attentive to its users. offers us 24/7 attention

Cons

Campaign Monitor only offers us a free demo. I think you should give a free trial of your service for a limited time to get more customers and see everything that this application offers. I think this application should be developed in more languages to keep growing

Dipali from zakipoint health

Best email marketing campaign out there with its incredible features!

The main advantage of using Campaign Monitor over other email marketing software is ease of use. It's a very well designed software that helps create, schedule and send emails to customers. I have never faced any glitches or downtime sessions with Campaign Monitor. It is easy to add tracking codes to personalize emails and the tracking reports are quite advanced. If you opt for the Premier option, you get access to all the great features along with a dedicated manager.

Pros

- Excellent tracking options - Great user interface - one of the main reasons why I'd choose it over its competitors - Multiple themes to choose from - Flexible pricing options - Great features include A/B testing, inbox previews, opportunity to grow your list and personalized emailing option

Tami from Envision a Better World LLC

Industry: Government Relations

August 2016

New customer hits an obstacle but quickly addressed with outstanding service on a Sunday evening.

As a new customer, who is also in the process of starting a new business, I ran into a bit of a process issue because I hadn't been able to complete setting up my website. I contacted Campaign Monitor about the issue and received a quick, thorough response on a Sunday evening that addressed my issue and also gave me a list of how to do things. I was very pleased and it made starting Monday morning without worrying about resolution so much easier.

Pros

Simple to use templates for any kind of email campaign make starting a business so much easier. I spent tons of time trying to create my own from 'free' templates but once I started messing around with apps with which I wasn't familiar it took time I didn't have. At this point in time all I want is a generic template later on I may customize.

Cons

On the template it wasn't exactly clear how to insert a logo that included a picture with text if the logo wasn't print ready.

Geoffrey from GTSA - Marketing

Easy to use product with excellent options

Easy to use professional product.

Pros

Cons

The cost for small companies with low volumes is high. We have a large data base that is divided into 40 or more lists in different languages. We send out targeted marketing to selected real estate groups so the volume sent out per month is low. We only use lists appropriate for the property to avoid unsubscriptions but because our total number of subscribers is high, the monthly cost is higher than I believe is fair.

Artur from Click Tie Inc

Campaign Monitor is the original mailing list innovator

Want reliable and easy to use (but very powerful) email delivery service - then CampaignMonitor is a safe choice.

Pros

When a company pays attention to design and usability its a clear sign that they care about how well their software works. CampaignMonitor is that kinds of company. I've been using their services for nearly a decade and they never seize to amaze with the quality of their features. CampaignMonitor is very easy to use, both for creation of campaigns and for checking stats.

Cons

The price tag to check how the email design will look in different email clients. It would be nice to have this as a built in feature.

Leading email marketing platform

Pros

The platform is extremely easy to use and manage. The automation features provide a level of sophistication which suits most client needs.

June 2016

Vincent from Eagle Nest Media

June 2016

Blown away

I had a very particular issue, not with the product itself, but getting it to work on my page. Again, the problem was not what they made, but where I was making it live...a hazardous environment, and it was still working well despite not having good reasons to. I am a contractor for a client, and nobody gave me any grief about not being a direct employee. They were so willing and eager to help right out of the gate, and they took time out to walk me through every possibility, as well as how to address those possibilities. This is a day and age where everyone's so impulsive that they literally can't function unless you chop everything into notes and bullets, and here they are (concisely, not wastefully) giving a total breakdown. And it's not curt, and it's not condescending. They just care that the issue gets resolved, instead of 95% of other online support, which is pointing fingers and passing the buck.

Pros

Genuinely care Really quick turnaround time Product fluency Thoroughness Confidence Objectiveness

Cons

I'd have to invent something. I wish every time I picked up the phone to talk to someone in this situation it could go his smoothly.

Stuart from userinput.io

Full featured email solution

Even though it's not the only system I use, Campaign Monitor is really nicely designed, and has everything that you'd need. I like it more than Active Campaign or definitely more than Aweber. You can set up transactional emails that go out based on what your subscribers have done or have not yet done, plus other automation types. The newsletter builder is pretty beautiful, too, so it works well for a newsletter to your subscribers. What originally drew me to Campaign Monitor was the subscriber box designer, which allows you to add the Campaign Monitor code to any website template so that you're able to have an attractive sign-up box on your site that fits the overall look of your site. Not all systems allow that.

Pros

Great interface, easy to integrate subscription box code into any template, can host a bunch of different lists and manage different business campaigns.

Cons

It's a bit expensive.

Jessica from Medical Education Group

Incredibly easy to use and definitely gets the job done!

Pros

Anyone could be up and running within minutes, whether you're a pro or just getting started. Importing, then segmenting records, all the way to designing and sending emails is a cinch.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike about Campaign Monitor. It does everything we need it to and actually more than we expected. Also, the reporting is clear and easy to understand.

Kay from Zingry Email Marketing

After 10 years, still my preferred platform for email marketing

Campaign Monitor allows my clients to easily send email marketing campaigns to their customers or users. The white-listing allows my agency to earn passive income.

Pros

Campaign's outstanding feature is it's ease of use. The interface is friendly and makes sense but does not dumb things down for advanced users.

Cons

My one complaint about Campaign Monitor is that their bespoke/custom template editor has not been updated in a long time, in favor of their drag and drop editor. The drag and drop editor is great, but it's still not enough for some of my clients who need very low level control over their branding.

March 2016

Vitor from Nvision

March 2016

First choice to manage email campaigns

Pros

The UI is neat, simple and straightforward. It works like a charm. The support is great and responsive.

Cons

If we had a free plan for accounts with little usage and small lists, it would be great. Some customers and non-profits pick a competitor just because of this.

Campaign Monitor is by far the most simple, yet powerful, subscriber and campaign manager.

The ability to spin up new accounts for clients makes it a no-brainer.

Pros

Their designer is easy to use, but yet provides great power features like dynamic parameters, draggable sections, and more. The ability to create and manage different templates for different uses is very handy. Their support is top-notch and always responsive within a couple of hours.

Cons

Their pricing is higher than other services, so it can sometimes be a hard sell to clients, especially as they add more subscribers. It can get expensive to do one-off campaigns to lots of subscribers.

Quality Email Marketing Platform

Pros

The email template builder is simply the best. Campaign Monitor makes it easy to build and launch campaigns quickly.

Cons

Advanced segmentation and analytics could be improved.

David from Friends of Kijabe

Paid email marketing is simply better than free.

Good price, great segmentation options, easy to interpret data, easy to design emails.

Pros

I am not scientific about this, but it seems that delivery/open rates are better than when I used mailchimp. Templates are neat and customizable, but I usually just modified my premise designs. WSYWIG design works well and quickly. Personalized segmentation options are very helpful. Worldview is amazing - it is magical watching people open messages around the globe. Last, but not least, price - very affordable for my size list of less than 500. And they offer non-profit rates.

Cons

While segments are very customizable, it is not easy putting clients into these segments, has to be done manually one-by-one (there are shortcuts for adding a new contact). Would like to send test emails to multiple addresses that are clearly labeled as test!