All Campaign Monitor by Marigold Reviews

Guy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Great integrations for email marketing

Brant

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

I love Campaign Monitor

PROS

I am a web developer and their API is fantastic to use. It is easy and straightforward.

CONS

Some things within their GUI are hard to find and some extra logging features for developers would be handy.

Reason for choosing Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Ease of use and features

Reasons for switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Watson was far too complicated and buggy

Stephenie

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Best Email Marketing tool available

I enjoy using Campaign Monitor and will continue to use it for years to come. They are constantly adding new features and updating how things function as new technologies arise.

PROS

I have been using Campaign Monitor for almost 10 years now and I love the consistent updates available and that the software is always on the edge of what is trending in email marketing. I also love that it is super user-friendly and anyone can learn how to use it with very little training. My favorite feature is the fact that it takes the guesswork out of wondering whether your email will preview on a phone or tablet. The built-in mobile device/tablet view is fantastic and I use that every time I send an email out to make sure it looks good on desktop and mobile. I also like the reporting feature that lets you see who opened your email and who didn't and other useful stats.

CONS

As a designer, I wish I could customize the emails a little more and that CM provided more formatting options when creating the email, but I understand it has to meet the need of the masses more than my niche market.

Reason for choosing Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Campaign Monitor provides more features and I have always received excellent customer service when I needed help and the cost you can't beat. I would rather pay for something of quilty than use free software with more limited features. Campaign Monitor is very very affordable whether sending to 10 or 10,000 people.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2018

Solid ESP that's like the Toyota of email solid, dependable, but not feature-rich.

It makes it easy for us to send emails to our list of 200,000+ subscribers. While the features are basic, and we want to see more advanced controls and segmentation features added, it's a stable system.

PROS

Extremely solid and reliable ESP. Doesn't go down often, and there are minimal issues with deliverability. The features are basic, but solid and there aren't many bugs.

CONS

There's a strong lack of features. For example, there are no simple ways to send emails to an unopened segment. There's also no way to easily clean/prune inactive email subscribers. And third, there are limitations on automation triggers.

Svend Bertil

Internet, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Great Email Automation Tool: Campaign Monitor

Overall, my experience with Campaign Monitor has been very positive. It is an intuitive and user-friendly platform that allows me to easily create and send emails. The analytics and customer support are also helpful.

PROS

Campaign Monitor is an excellent email automation tool that is user-friendly and easy to use. It has an intuitive interface, great customer support, and comprehensive analytics. I appreciate that I can easily customize my emails and track their performance.

CONS

The only downside of Campaign Monitor is the cost. It is quite expensive compared to other solutions. Additionally, some features are limited, such as the ability to personalize emails based on customer segments.

Reasons for switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

One of the superior aspects of Campaign Monitor over its alternatives is its intuitive email automation capabilities. It makes it easy to create, send, and track emails. Additionally, its comprehensive analytics provide insights into customer engagement.

Reviewed March 2022

Great site for designing custom or template marketing emails

We are able to reach many people sending out our digital campaigns. With the A and B versions available in each campaign, we can learn what to add to our next campaign to get better click through rates.

PROS

Even though Campaign Monitor has email templates to use for designs I design custom emails outside the website and upload the html, which is easy enough to do and enables you to see a preview and edit it real time on the site. We also find the option to have a text only version of the email convenient. The site has its own inbox and spam testing on several clients so we know how our email will look in people's inboxes and this helps avoid email display problems as well as it ending up in a spam folder. The option to send out A and B versions of our email campaigns has been invaluable. We can see what works and what doesn't with each email campaign.

CONS

I have nothing really negative to say about this software for what I use it for. When I first started using it, the location and functionality of things on the page was not intuitive but they have made huge improvements to the website that make it easier to navigate and set things up.

Reasons for switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Constant Contact was removing some of the features we were using like having a text only version of the campaign. They also didn't have A/B options in campaigns.

Tobi

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Campaign Monitor for Email Marketing

Using the system daily, using the analytics and insights reports to make needed changes for better results in the next campaign. The software is great and really an essential tool for any business looking for email marketing

PROS

Easy to use, very intuitive and has everything and more. You learn so much by using the software.

CONS

Compliance and setup can take some time, so planning ahead is vital to avoid delays in campaign sends if you a new to the software or have a large database to send to.

Reason for choosing Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Easy to onboard, with the correct structures in place to ensure my emails land in the inbox and not junk. Great tools that come as standard and not additional such as automation and Transactional.

Reviewed July 2019

We've tried many, and this seems to lead the pack.

Overall, the best email marketing solution my team has worked with in the last year. Fair value for money i must say too.

PROS

- Great suggestive features such as email-body formatting tips - Nice delivery and send-out time - Extensive scenario handling for segmentations and optional blocks - Great responsiveness of website across multiple form factors on devices(mobile, tablet, etc)

CONS

- Some features and configurations can be a bit hard to figure out without a fairly technical background - Email builder templates felt a bit restrictive in terms of styling and formatting options

Reason for choosing Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Well, we kind of had to try all of them, and just stuck with Campaign Mon. because it just worked!

Reviewed June 2022

Best Email Marketing Platform Available

Campaign Monitor allows us to create email marketing templates, manage our subscriber lists, and send out our email communications to our customers and also analyze their interest in our content.

PROS

I have used many email marketing platforms and Campaign Monitor is above all the best and most functional. It is very easy to use and my emails look very professional.

CONS

There isn't anything I dislike about Campaign Monitor. It's truly the most functional email marketing software available.

Reason for choosing Campaign Monitor by Marigold

I have had issues with formatting emails in other email marketing platforms in the past. Campaign Monitor doesn't have those same issues so it speeds up my projects.

Asheton

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Nice Email Automation Tool

It was a good platform for email marketing, but wasn't a CRM solution.

PROS

I like how easy it was to set up email automation campaigns. We had a custom template and I thought Campaign Monitor worked pretty well with it. Organizing and segmenting our lists was also a breeze.

CONS

The main reason we left and switched to Hubspot was because Hubspot was an all-in-one CRM tool that connected to many of our other programs that we use.

We switched to Campaign Monitor because there were more features

Prudencia

Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Campaign Monitor Review

My overall experience with Campaign Monitor has been positive. It is a great platform for creating and managing email campaigns. It is easy to use and user-friendly. It also has a lot of features that make it easy to customize and tailor your campaigns. The customer service is also great, with a helpful and knowledgeable team available to answer any questions I have had. and easy to use. The visual editor is simple and powerful, allowing users to quickly create and customize emails. The automation features make it easy to set up complex campaigns and the analytics tools provide useful insights into the performance of campaigns. The customer service team is also very helpful and responsive.

PROS

I really like the simplicity of Campaign Monitor. It is easy to use and understand. The drag-and-drop editor makes it really easy to create beautiful, responsive emails. I also appreciate the ability to segment and personalize emails to target different user groups. The reporting interface is also very helpful for tracking email performance. The customer service has been excellent. Whenever I have had any questions, the team has been quick to respond and very helpful.

CONS

Their templates were limited and customization of those templates was limited too. The design elements were not user-friendly and navigating the user interface was a hassle. Additionally, their support options were lacking and customer service was not always very helpful or knowledgeable. Furthermore, Campaign Monitor lacked in reporting and analytics capacities, making it difficult to measure the performance of campaigns and to make informed decisions based on the data.

Annie Guo

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Similar to other e-mail marketing platforms but not as pretty

Recently, our subscriber list grew to over 10,000 so we had to increase into the next payment plan. I believe the costs are reasonable as we use Campaing Monitor on more than 10 different projects for the company.

PROS

Campaign Monitor is easy to use to create emails to send to a list of subscribers. What I like the most about the software is the ability to duplicate a previous email campaign so you don't have to recreate all of the content (e.g. you may have a monthly newsletter with the same banner/image or social media buttons). This option makes it easy to send out regular information without completely reformatting the content.

CONS

Campaign Monitor is similar to other platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact, but I think it is not as aesethically pleasing or quirky with the language it uses. Some of its functions are more limited, such as formating boxes or resizing photos. Often you just have to work with the formatting you are given and can't expect it to have the best design.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Email Automation

PROS

Campaign Monitor offers a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users, even those with limited technical expertise, to create and manage email campaigns.

CONS

While Campaign Monitor offers integrations with popular tools, the range of integrations may be more limited compared to other email marketing platforms.

Sunitha

Program Development, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Campaign Monitor

They have a wide range of features and the user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. The reporting features are also very useful and the customer service team is always available to offer assistance. I have also found their prices to be competitive and their customer service to be excellent.

PROS

I'm really impressed with the features and functionality of Campaign Monitor. It's incredibly easy to use and offers a lot of flexibility. The drag-and-drop editor makes it simple to create great-looking emails and its ability to personalize each one with customer data allows me to send targeted messages.

CONS

One of my least favorite aspects of Campaign Monitor is that it does not offer an integrated analytics platform. This means that users have to use third-party tools such as Google Analytics to track the performance of campaigns.

Shilpa

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

A product well thought through

I have been using CampaignMonitor for almost 4 years now. I love the tool more than MailChimp and Constant Contact. I

PROS

*Allows to send a test mail and check personalization using real examples from your contact list. *You can also set up email automation with the tool. *The HTML upload and rendering across devices is on point. Very well made product. * Does not force users to use bulky footers that promotes itself unlike Constant Contact

CONS

I was billed extra and forced to use the plan I upgraded to for an entire month without being prompted that my list size had exceeded a certain number. While I understand it makes sense for your revenue it is not a very good customer experience.

Alex

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Campaign Monitor is the best email marketing platform... period!

My over experience has been awesome! Once you go with CM you can't go back to any other platform because it feels and looks like a joke compared to it.

PROS

I like how professional the website layout and features are. I feel that other platforms are too simplified and have a cheap feeling to them. Campaign monitor cares about the look and feel, as well as the performance of their platform. The way contacts/subscribers/lists are managed is one of my favorite features. The whole platform is intuitive in nature.

CONS

I have 0 complaints about this platform. I do however wish there were more pre-made layouts to choose from, even though the ones available are so awesome and easy to customize.

Reason for choosing Campaign Monitor by Marigold

I chose campaign monitor because it is really flexible when it comes to campaigns. Also, the interface is much more advanced than other platforms. It gives you many more options to customize, interpret data and how you want to send campaigns out.

Jim

Retail

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2015

Campaign Monitor

If you are using emails to communicate with customers you really can do a much better job with a service like Campaign Monitor. You can create and store templates, get instant reports on opens and clicks, and other data. They have very few glitches and when it happens they fix them right away. Customer service is better than excellent.

PROS

As mentioned, I would give their customer service a +++. I am a very small user. I'm sure they have much more important clients. But that's not how they treat me when I have a need. They are right on top of things and and I believe they treat me the same as a major user. They also send periodic "lessons" on how to improve email content and they are worth reading. Embedding photos/images is a breeze and you get quality true to that of the original image.true

CONS

If you are a savvy, tech-smart user you can navigate and use the service with few problems. If you are a 3/5 like me, it is sometimes a challenge to get around. After a while you can learn it, but the initial phases can be daunting. They might consider creating a glossary for some of the technical terms. There are a few options I wish they would incorporate in their text capabilities.

Sheryl

Real Estate, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2021

An excellent email marketing platform that is very easy to manage

It's as good as any other top tier EMS out there with amazing templates and intuitive automation workflows

PROS

Campaign Monitor lets me create, send, manage and track eblasts with great ease. It has a high number of quality templates and automation is very easy.

CONS

The customer service is average and there's no integration with Outlook or Canva

Reasons for switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

pricing and features related to automation

Clare

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Email campaigns made simple

Campaign monitor is my favourite email campaign tool and I will continue to use it for its simple, clean designs and service.

PROS

Campaign Monitor makes it really easy to set up and deliver email campaigns and analyse the results of each campaign. The templates are brilliant for creating quality emails which look professional and clean all you need to do is put your content in. Campaign Monitor basically holds your hand every step of the way and make it easy for you to insert pictures, links, text, call to action buttons and more into your templates.

CONS

The biggest problem that I've been having lately is trying to send a preview email to myself...it never seems to work on a Friday! It can be really frustrating if I have something that I need to get done that day and I can preview it in my own inbox first. It seems to work every other day of the week though.

Reviewed November 2018

Great product for small biz, but limited capabilities

I can quickly build one template and create different versions of it. Or, I can make duplicates of an existing email, and make any edits I want. It's very easy to use for basic email creation and deployment.