• Pros

• "SUPER easy to use. I love how easy to navigate the site is. The templates they provide are awesome, and yet still easy to change them to your specific needs. "

• "The software is easy to use. They do a great job of updating things to make it easier to use and to display better on various devices. Their tech support is super. "

• "It is extremely easy to use. Training staff in this program has been so quick and easy, even with people who have never used software like this."

• Cons

• "It could have more "free form" editing features. A lot of them are more "dummy proofed" and that makes them easy to use, but takes away some of the functionality."

• "Our package with Constant Contact is limited to two users. This makes it difficult for multiple people to check it out. Other than that, this is a great software and very easy to use. "

• "Without some extended graphics experience, some templates felt locked. I was able to work around that easily because the existing templates were easy to use and well designed."

Browse Constant Contact Reviews

Robin from Ireland Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Constant Contact helps me and my clients stay in touch and generate sales

I've attended several Constant Contact classes, and as a result of what I learned, was able to set up a monthly e-magazine for a client that had 6000 recipients and between 5-10 paid advertisers each month. For another client, we set up a monthly email with coupons for returning customers that was very effective at generating repeat business. The data collection features have helped me and my clients grow our client databases. Another corporate client has used Constant Contact to send notifications and newsletters to their employees.

Pros

There are quite a few things to like about Constant Contact, including the number of available, local classes. The vast number of templates available make the process of setting up email campaigns fast and easy, as does having a library of graphics.

Cons

I've been very happy with Constant Content over the years. While there have been a few glitches, they were easily solved with help from customer service. There is always a representative available to help by chat or phone.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

I've found the process of designing and sending emails with Constant Content easier and more streamlined that other products I've tried.

Jaclyn from Northwest VEG

Easy to use but has limited design functions.

Pros

Constant Contact is intuitive and makes building professional-looking emails straightforward. It also facilitates event registrations and syncs well with our other platforms and accounts. I like the new "check for errors" function that verifies there are no broken links in the email.

Cons

Within the body of the emails, there are limits to how one can arrange text and images; and, oftentimes it requires dragging the item to the same spot repeatedly until it lands in the right place. At least once per each email built, I need to log out of Constant Contact and log back in in order to correctly edit the email layout.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Constant Contact was the superior tool to handle both our email marketing AND our event registrations.

Cydnie from MaryJanesfarm

Industry: Farming

Well-Organized for Massive Customer Outreach

All in all, Constant Contact is really valuable for businesses to interact with their customers. With the variety of services they offer, you have a lot of freedom in how you engage with your audience. The organization of multiple emailing lists, the scheduling feature, analytics, etc. all make using Constant Contact a great experience.

Pros

A lot of the design and pre-built functionality works great. I like having the responsive layout already thought-through for the most part. The Action Blocks are wonderful additions and allow your emails to be a more interactive method of reaching out which I think always feels more valuable. The image upload is pretty easy and simple to use. The reporting and analytic information is really helpful too, especially when you have multiple types of email outreach happening. It's important to know what content your customers respond to and when. The recorded responses for when people participate in a poll displays quickly and updates regularly. The save functionality is really nice especially if you accidentally step away for a bit and your session times out. It's nice to know you won't lose the work you just put in.

Cons

I have noticed that sometimes the preview of an email diplays differently in Constant Contact, than it does when the email is received. Details like rounded edges on clickable buttons, font choice, and line spacing. While it's never drastically impacted our email systems, it would be nice to have universal options available and feel comfortable that all those minor details are going to carry over to the final output.

August 2016

Aaron from Bold Brew Studios LLC

August 2016

Great For Large Contact Base

Pros

Constant Contact does a great job of managing multiple groups/list and lots of contacts. I've worked with clients who have a large customer base and Constant Contact allows managing large amounts of group/lists and allows you to manual remove unsubscribers and errors. They are rolling out a new version of their email builder, but the older version does allow custom css coding per block which really allows customizing their templates.

Cons

There are a lot of quirks within Constant Contact that I haven't seen in Mailchimp, specifically with using external links for photos and links. The actual editing of text and links within the email builder is quirky and has some issues. Also, the new search feature for previous emails is really slow and takes a long time to find previous emails unless you create folders for all your emails.

Akande from Hunter Industries

A simple and robust solution for Email marketing

Constant Contact is a great solution for smaller organizations that have simple email marketing needs. They do what they do very well and offer a solution that is easy to learn and adopt within smaller organizations. I would definitely recommend it to small businesses or non-profits.

Pros

Constant Contact has a very clean interface and a dashboard that makes it easy to navigate and learn. When compared to other solutions like Mailchimp, I found Constant Contact to be more intuitive and simpler. Our client was able to adopt it quickly where they struggled with other solutions.

Cons

Constant Contact's List set up is not very robust and is somewhat limiting. Their email builder is very structured as well, which can be good for some, but can be difficult to navigate for more custom email builds or email builds that leverage dynamic content.

Michael from Blu Creative

Great tool for email marketing and social media

We use Constant Contact to manage several clients' email marketing, and it's proven to be an all around solid tool which lets us built out campaigns in minutes. I highly recommend Constant Contact!

Pros

Constant Contact has come a long way in the past few years, with the addition of new tools and UI, helping it keep up with competitors such as MailChimp. The drag-n-drop email designer is great, with integrations such as social media, Woocommerce, and more. Overall, Constant Contact is easy to use for email marketing, better priced than the competition, and is a great tool to manage all of your email contacts.

Cons

In some sections/features of the site, the interface is a bit clunky and can be a bit difficult to figure out what you're trying to achieve. The social media section in particular is a victim to this, and isn't as intuitive as some other platforms.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Better priced, easy to use, better integrations.

Levi from We Will Go Ministries

Streamlined Connection

Constant Contact continues to be a blessing at the ministry. It’s been a positive tool.

Pros

I like that the software allowed us at the ministry to rapidly add the contacts from our past lists. It helped us to create regular updates and post to all our social media pages. In essence, we were able to get the word out quicker.

Cons

The monthly subscription cost of the software would increase after our email list grew to a certain number. That was a bummer, but necessary I suppose.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We chose Constant Contact because it offered more capacity to grow our ministry communication.

ROXANNE from Grandmas Place Inc

Constant Contact is FREE with DonorPerfect

It enables us to communicate and educate our donors, suspects, and prospects.

Pros

I like that Constant Contact comes FREE with my DonorPerfect. It integrates with all my donors and makes communicating with them easy.

Cons

I don't have any thing that I don't like about Constant Contact. It does what it is meant to do and is easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Because it is included FREE with our donor management system, DonorPerfect.

Brian from The Shakerz

Highest Level Email Campaigns

It does exactly what it says it will with many customized templates..! Enjoy it..!

Pros

Everything works extremely perfectly for Jamie, Father Arnold and the Shakers pertaining to the email software!

Cons

I am pretty sure it costs more than mail chimp. Nevertheless it is extremely professional grade and quality.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Value is greater and most professional I feel.

As an email marketing professional, I am frustrated by clients that insist on using Constant Contact

I sometimes come across clients who are tied into Constant Contact and do not wish to change to a better, more modern platform. Unfortunately for them, that means compromising the potential of their email marketing efforts.

Pros

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any feature that Constant Contact has that is not done better by other platforms.

Cons

Everything about this product screams "old school" - and in email marketing circles, that's not a positive thing. The interface for creating campaigns is confusing, the segmenting options are limited, and the support for custom templates is bad.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

I do not use or recommend Constant Contact. There are many better alternative available.

Neffer from CPS

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Pros

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Cons

I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

Selene from Pink Martini Designs

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense!

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros

As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons

While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Curt from Committee for Justice

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

Erica from JumpBunch

It keeps getting better!

Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.

Pros

Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails. Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails. Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

Cons

It's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand. At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand. Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.

Nathan from CareerSource Florida

Industry: Public Policy

Robust Email Marketing

Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Cons

Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

Sonia Del Valle from Somos Viaje

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact

Constant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly. It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment.

Pros

Constant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company. It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment. You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since the system has a large number of templates that we can customize and adapt to any type of campaign, there are many different designs that we can choose from. Constant Contact will allow us to direct our campaigns to one or more contact lists that we have since we can segment our contacts very easily, simply creating different lists for each group of contacts that we need We can perform an analysis on the campaigns sent through the option of reports, being able to quickly verify the percentages of opening, clicks, rebounds and unsubscriptions and thus we can be improving the effectiveness of our campaigns   Constant Contact allows integration with other systems such as Shopify, Wordpress, BigCommerce, facebook and others.

Cons

I think your support staff are not so good, when we call support it is difficult to find an operator that speaks Spanish and we lose a lot of time on the call, I also think that Constant Contact is a bit expensive system.

Sheri from Arrow Equipment Inc.

An email marketing platform that works!

Pros

We signed up with Constant Contact in somewhat a state of desperation, after having no luck with other platforms to do what we wanted them to. We were looking for an email marketing platform that would effectively take our data and create merge fields that worked, had the ability to segment lists, and also provided detailed reports including who had opened it, who had not unopened it and had the ability to re-send with one-click to everyone who had not opened a specific email. We also wanted a platform where we could create our own customizable template that still had a professional appearance. Constant Contact did all this for us, and our customers have been commenting on how the communication we're sending them "looks professional, has a consistent look, and always has relevant content". We couldn't have achieved this without Constant Contact!

Cons

The one disadvantage with Constant Contact is that anyone that has the same email address is merged into one contact. This has been a small issue for us where we want to keep both contacts names even though they have the same email address. We have been able to work around this by asking all our customers with duplicate email addresses to update their email address.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

It had more capabilities and the price was right.

Jeff from Bicoastal Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

A nimble framework with solid variety

Over all, it satisfies with tons of options and features. It's been around for quite a while so it has maturity. I like that, because it's less likely to drop off the grid and force me to learn a different application. With the savings of a few home-made cappuccinos instead spending at the coffee stand, you can easily afford this!

Pros

Constant Contact has a smooth feel and almost always gives back more than I put into it. It's simple, solid, and scores big with me in mass management of details, as well as private and public listings. From crafting a simple update, to publishing an intricate periodical, it does the trick. The better your skills in composition and design, the better this suite will engage your craft. If you're not really into complex "back end" matters, like analytics, CTA, efficiency, and delivery success, that's ok. You'll still be able to feel the "pulse"; and like many things, the rest will come with time. The best part is that it grows on you over time, instead of impressing you upfront, and then disappointing. This "work-on-it-anywhere" app is chock full of tools for social marketing, surveys and campaigns, monitoring, scheduling, automation and similar workflows, to design, custom templates, storage, libraries, and hosting, etc. However, don't ease up on your final proof, because that's where I make the "best" mistakes! The more polished it is, the more embarrassing that typo will be! Constant Contact is a multi-level mobile tool, with plans that meet well.

Cons

While I don't always anticipate maintenance down-times, a more diverse notification system of maintenance times would be nice. I also believe a "pay-per-use" option for a reasonable time-frame would be great for businesses with less predictable budgets, trying to get off the ground. Also, sometimes design tools aren't as pliable as I'd like sometimes (I'm a so-so perfectionist). But for the price, that's ok!

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

The layout and functional aspects were laid out in a way that was more familiar to me than other products that we looked at. I don't recall all which ones we looked at.

Karen from Elmbrook Church

The industry leader that I WANT to love

Their pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing. Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance — and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand.

Pros

It's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.

Cons

The email template designs are less than sophisticated. Many don't look good when read on a mobile device, which — thank you, Constant Contact analytics! — more than 55% of our recipients use to open their emails. The drag-and-drop interface has more limited functionality than other email providers I've tried. Design customization options are limited without knowing advanced CSS and HTML coding. In addition, automation sequences are limited to basic autoresponders. They are challenging to set up, and there are no "if/then" logic options for sending automated messages.

Daniel from Gann Academy

Super easy to use, less functionality that Mailchimp but not necessarily a bad thing

We use Constant Contact for marketing, admissions and development emails. We recently made the switch from MailChimp to Constant Contact because I, as the primary user, was wanting something that would be less labor-intensive. While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand code anything. Additionally, it seems to provide a similar experience regardless of browser. With Mailchimp we kept having diplay/layout issues with recipients viewing in Outlook 365 on a PC.

Pros

It's simple. Drag and drop editor is dummy proof. Very simple to build emails and automations. Ability to do emails with multiple columns.

Cons

Not able to do edge-to-edge designs and the footer is less customizable than our previous email software (Mailchimp)

Lisa from 3SI Security Systems

Great for emails...limited reporting/info available

Constant Contact was a great tool for us while we were getting started with our email program. It's reasonably priced and easy to use and makes users look very professional. We just outgrew it and needed more in-depth marketing information so we've moved on.

Pros

Constant Contact is very user-friendly. With little to no training, users can easily create professional-looking emails. There are many templates to choose from and they, again, look very professional. It is perfect for businesses without designers on staff. Another major advantage is the pricing...it is SUPER reasonably priced.

Cons

A couple of issues...first, while I understand the need to manage contacts and spam issues, they can be unreasonable with blocking you from sending emails. People unsubscribe and claim you are junk mail even when you aren't...there's nothing you can do about it, yet you still get dinged for it. Second, you are limited in how much info you can see about users. We switched to another program that provides a lot more visibility into what users do, including linking to web pages visited. This isn't a fault of Constant Contact, it's just not a service they offer. Finally, be aware that there are a lot of challenges if you are sending to a lot of users with Outlook. I know that Outlook is difficult to work with, but many if not most business users use Outlook, so templates and emails have to display well there. It's a challenge with our new software as well...I don't know if anyone has really cracked the Outlook solution yet.

Jennifer from Second Wind Ltd.

Have made some nice improvements

Pros

We've been using Constant Contact for a number of years for our email marketing efforts. The interface is easy to use, although a bit glitchy at times, and I have seen a number of platform upgrades as well. I like the ready made templates available which come in handy when needing to put together an email quickly. The analytics provided are good, although I can't comment on how robust they are given this is the only platform I have ever used for email marketing. The addition of some email automation has been nice as well. Also, the recently added inbox previews has been nice to help tighten up subject lines and formatting.

Cons

Sometimes I've noticed the interface can be a bit glitchy when building an email. The buttons used for changing background color and making edits can be elusive at times. I also don't like how there is no search function for finding sent emails by name. I know you can filter emails by date sent and categorize them in folders but it would be nice to be able to search by an exact email title.

Melissa from Faith Presbyterian Church

Has been a lifesaver!

Overall, we really have enjoyed the ConstantContact app. As I mentioned earlier, it has proven invaluable to us on more than one occasion when getting vital information to the congregation was time sensitive.

Pros

I really love the fact that if we have a church announcement that just HAS to go out immediately, ConstantContact can get it out to our entire congregation within 3 minutes of my sending it. They also have wonderful, friendly, customer service.

Cons

There are some minor issues with user-friendliness and ease of navigation. The interface should be a little more "simple" for those of us who are not totally comfortable with using a publisher.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Microsoft Publisher was a nightmare. I'm not sure about MailChimp as it was no longer in use by the time I came onboard in 2012. Rumor has it though that it was becoming less user friendly and the price was not as economically sound as it had been.

Keeping up with Email Data and Contacts

Sending emails out on a daily basis and extracting that data keeps my boss happy and healthy. We are always checking out their new features that might help us even more on our marketing trails. For what you get, you are not paying too much which is cost effective!

Pros

The feature that is most useful in my current job situation is the technology this program has to track opens and clicks for basic to intricate emails that are sent out to customers. This helps us to determine our most interested and time worthy customers/prospects for different products. Another thing is that you can import/export large amounts of data whenever you need it, and they have the tools all over the website that can help you every step of the way how to get the most out of the email campaigns. Continuous updates and features are added to the website monthly, with an article explaining all about it pops up in your notifications.

Cons

Sometimes if there is too much data/campaigns integrated into the website it can slow simple tasks down by large degree. Also there are many late night website touch ups they need to do to make the program better - but also annoys us night owls that like to get projects done late at night.

David from University of Alaska Foundation

A truly great marketing email platform

On the whole, I find Constant Contact to be the best email marketing platform for the money. The feature set is very rich and while it can be a bit more complex than competitors like MailChimp, it is the best-in-class solution for those needing broad control over their email content and easy delivery.

Pros

Constant Contact is an easy to use bulk email online service. You have several templates to choose from and all of them are customizable. Designing everything from an invitation to a complex newsletter can usually be achieved within just a few minutes. Tracking email opens, clicks, and other metrics is equally simple. Getting basic business intelligence about trends in email activity is also easily accomplished. Customer service is fantastic. We have had everyone of our cases resolved quickly and easily.

Cons

Constant Contact can be a little fastidious about unsubscribers and spam reports. The customer has very little control once a recipient has either unsubscribed or reported spam. They can’t be emailed again. Even if you are able to reach the customer and convince them to resume service or the customer made a mistake, it can be very difficult to re-enable their service. Exporting your data is simple, however, Constant Contact itself doesn’t allow much in terms of integration with other software’s. It’s all export/import. There are a number of developers that produce plug-ins for individual programs, but they don’t always work properly. You take your own risks with those.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We chose Constant Contact because of better feature set and Direct Mail is a desktop app only for Macs.

Edward from E*TRADE

Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe

Pros

It is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.

Cons

Most of the templates end up looking sort of outdated. I describe it as "an early 2000s vibe." They could really use a face-lift to make them more attractive. That's honestly the only thing I don't like about it. Everything else is super great! Wish they'd adapted a more Mailchimp-esque look for all of their products. I think they would crush the competition if they changed up the look a bit.

Grace from Touched By Grace

Send out professional looking emails securely and with a good delivery rate.

Constant Contact allows me to easily send professional emails to my clients and readers without worrying about leaking their data out or delivering viruses to their inboxes.

Pros

The email design features are awesome, and adding pictures is pretty easy. You can build your own library of photos to use. Designing and changing email templates is quite straightforward, and fully customizable with colours, fonts and 'blocks' of type such as main feature, coupon, etc. I have only used customer support twice and they were cheerful and helpful. Almost every email brings one or more bookings so I feel using this service is worth the price. It's also easy to manage your email lists and CC helps guard against repeated bounces by sort of quarantining those email addresses to protect you from a poor sender reputation, which is important with ever-tightening SPAM regulations. There are upgrades available, should you want to send out forms or questionnaires to your list too.

Cons

It is an expense for a small business, and the bigger your list the more it costs. Every once in a while the formatting goofs up and can be frustrating, and copy/paste formatting is sometimes a bit challenging. But the folks at CC work at that all the time and it's improved greatly over the years.

mike from Consulting services

With a few small Kinks this software managed to bring in a staggering amount of new business legally

With this software I didn't run into the normal problems of implementing changes in the physical appearance of the content of my mailer and it seemed to not get caught up in spam filters like other programs that offer the same thing this company offers it and actually follows through with it. I would recommend this.

Pros

The automation of this software is beyond intuitive it's closer to artificial intelligence than anything. Providing crucial analytical data back to myself and my team we could reconfigure our approach to different demographics which ultimately LED in huge surges and increases in business.

Cons

For some reason with most of these automated mail programs the same issues tended to plague them. The double opt out feature is what I'm really talking about which is also known as the unsubscriber list. Often clunky and the only part of the whole package that wasn't intuitive as it required individual attention which raised costs in man hours. That was easily negated by the large number of business it brought in due to its strong analytics though. This is a important tool for a smaller business looking to take the next step.

Grace from Craniosacral Therapy Asheville

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Helps me reach my clients easily

Constant Contact has helped me reach a larger group of clients, by helping me to create attractive emails that represent my business well.

Pros

I love the templates and the ease of creating great looking emails. It's easy to update the contact list. And I like that I can see a preview of the email as it will appear on computers and on mobile devices. I also really like the feedback that the data tracking component gives me.

Cons

There are a couple spots in the templates that can be glitchy. Sometimes blocks of text will get gaps or random changes in font size -- I have to do several test-emails to check that it will appear in good order on both computers and on mobile devices. That can be time-consuming. Also, some clients report having an issue finding the emails that come from Constant Contact, because the emails end up in spam folders or with warning messages attached.

I don't remember.

David from The Wish Project

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Use a little or a lot, up to you

Pros

Constant Contact is a very professional, comprehensive and full featured product that small or large businesses to create and manage communications and campaigns, email and others, multiple segments, householding, deciling and many other features/functions to conduct your interactions with perspective customers, existing customers, etc. The templates, as an example can be simple, text based or complex, interactive HTML (web) forms, it's up to you on how easy, simple or complex you want to invest your time and resources towards.

Cons

Prepare to require training. If you or your staff have never conducted communications of this magnitude, make sure you allocate time to learn the system and use it fully, otherwise you will find yourself spending considerable money to use a platform for such simple use cases that other tools might have served you well at a much lower price point.

Kristen from Girls on the Run

Email Contacts

My overall experience with Constant Contact has been wonderful. Constant Contact allows me to reach a lot of individuals in a short period of time and helps ensure that all contacts ar maintained in one database.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ability to reach a lot of client, customers, vendors, donors, etc., quickly as well as the ability to locate contact information on these individuals from any point intime in which we interfaced with them. The software helps us ensure effective and timely communciation which drive donor retention, fundraising, enrollment, etc. Constant Contact is an essential investment for all nonprofits.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it does not recognize duplicate individuals; we have to screen and purge those entries ourselves.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We were only using an EXCEL spreadsheet which was very time consuming as the data entry tool a vey long time!

Great Emails to All of Our Members

I am very satisfied with this product! I have used it at multiple organizations and find it is the best way to stay in touch and engage with my membership.

Pros

The customer support from Constant Contact is stellar. Every time I have a problem they walk me through it clearly and with no charge. There is a slight learning curve but once you understand the software you are able to produce clean and clear emails for all different types of announcements and newsletters. I really love the diagnostics they provide after emails have gone out- this enables my organization to keep our lists up-to-date and clean. It is also interesting to analyze member engagement with various posts. The contact list segmentation is also very useful as we gather various lists from all over the world but occasionally only want to send targeted emails to certain people- Constant Contact makes this very easy!

Cons

There is not much room for creativity outside of the set template. I find the dragging and dropping method to be quite frustrating as it is not as precise as I would like it. It would also be nice to caption photos within the text while making them distinct from the body of your message. The templates can be kind of limiting due to lack to manipulation ability.

Evelyn from Latin Chamber of Commerce

Constant Contact allows me to share our business marketing material in a rapid and professional mann

Pros

Contant Contact makes it easy for us to send a quick e-mail out to our members. They have everything set up for you, so that you can upload a document, image, and/or video. I love that they give you the option to change the background colors and schedule days and times for the e-mails to be sent out. I love how reliable this software is when it comes to importing contacts and making sure our clients receive the emails on time, I love the statistics it provides us. That has definitely helped our organization improve. Constant Contact is the way to go!

Cons

The new update is a little more time consuming. I have been using Constant Contact for 2 years and getting used to the new update has been a bit frustrating. I also wish there were more templates for the buttons. Such as "click here for more", "register here" and etc. I think that would be a great addition.

Jon from College of Prayer International

Getting better and better

Overall we are pleased with Constant Contact in their integration with other systems. The customer support is very good.

Pros

I like the ease-of-use and that they have made upgrades over the years to the system to make it better and more intuitive.

Cons

The events management system has not received an upgrade in quite a while and it is starting to lag behind other systems.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Price, ease of use, list management.

Debbie from Sweet Debbie's, LLC

CRM For The Small Business Owner

I am very satisfied with Constant Contact. I have found their customer support to be top notch whenever I need help. You can just call them up on the phone and they'll spend as long as you need to get your problem solved.

Pros

Constant Contact is a very user friendly platform. From the very beginning I found it very easy to integrate my incoming customer database with their email marketing tools. The software is always being updated and improved so that it is competitive with the latest CRM technology.

Cons

Sometimes there is a big learning curve with the new improvements, especially in the editor. For instance, I find that with the new editor for emails you have to get used to putting photos in separate "blocks" otherwise they automatically go up to the top of your email. It's not a big deal, you just have to get used to taking the extra steps necessary to get your photo in the proper place.

Jason from B'nai B'rith International

I have managed the Constant Contact email/events account for a small not-for-profit in DC for years.

Constant Contact allows us to easily manage our email contacts and lists. It has saved us time by providing email templates that we can customize to our brand. The reporting the tool provides also gives us the intelligence we need to see if our list is growing or shrinking.

Pros

Great tool for a small business or organization to communicate with supporters and customers. Very easy to manage contacts and lists. Countless email templates provided, plus it is easy to create your own templates. Out of the box reporting on opens, click-thrus, opt-outs, and more are highly intuitive.

Cons

Tool does not offer marketing automation functionality, as in -- if an email is opened, but the desired action is not taken, automatically send a follow-up email in two days or if the email is not opened, automatically send a follow-up email with a different subject line and different customized content in a week.

Claire from Highland Park Dance Company

Easy and Reliable

My clients are so appreciative to know that they are on my Constant Contact list. They trust the name, and they appreciate the sleek, professional, informative emails.

Pros

I'm very grateful for the user-friendly interface that makes it easy to build and edit an email campaign that looks professional. I trust that the emails are getting to my clients quickly and securely.

Cons

I wish the software would allow me to build an email and then send the one-time message to a specific set of individuals (as opposed to having to choose from a preexisting list of contacts).

Great Marketing Resource, Templates Could Be Better

I use Constant Contact multiple times per week to market listings for a sales team. This option has allowed us to reach more contacts than other platforms and increase our visibility in the market.

Pros

Constant Contact is EXTREMELY easy to use - it is fairly straight forward and fool proof. The customer service may be the greatest I've ever experienced with any company. Every single person I have spoken to is so nice, so knowledgeable, and quick to help me out.

Cons

The features for creating layouts is really basic - there are no tables and you are limited to the pre-made columns/sections which can be incredibly frustrating. For instance, if I have five people I want to list at the bottom for contact, I have to do a row of 3 and a row of 2 which gets big and cumbersome. There are limitations to how tall certain tools are which again make the email campaign longer than necessary. The reporting section could use some help, its not easy to navigate or understand. The reporting section is prettier than it is informative.

Giridhar from Miracle Software Systems, Inc

Best Email Campaign Marketing Tool

I have been using constant contact tool for nearly 2 years and 5 months and still using the same at present. There's not even a single dispute raised against constant contact till now from overall email campaigns that we had done till now. they provide us with the best support and ease in using responsive design so as to work prior accordingly. We can actually track all the coupons that have been sent through this tool as emails and can generate enormous results within real time.

Pros

The most I like in Constant Contact is the Email Deliverability and Tracking the coupons link that we sent the email campaigns through this tool. It has the ability to send auto responsive emails and can also custom designed templates which are actually involved in it. We can easily evaluate KPI's based on analytics and metrics that the Constant contact tool is providing us.

Cons

There's nothing that I like least about this Tool

Organizers dream

Overall, I do recommend Constant Contact over its competitors. Through this service, I have been able to keep track of thousands of contacts and stay on top of mailings. Because I work for a non-profit, I often have to put multiple links in emails for people to access, and being able to easily resend the same emails without sending them again to all of the contacts that were previously selected is great!

Pros

I love how organized you can be with this service. It is easy to create and edit mailing lists and contacts. I also appreciate how simple it is to create and publish multiple future mailings and how the mailings are then organized by publishing date so you easily keep track of them. This is extremely helpful for when you have to send a series of mailers in a week for multiple weeks in a row.

Cons

I found that it takes a good bit of effort to figure out the usability of this service. There are a lot of options that Constant Contact has to offer for your mailers, but it is quite overwhelming at first learning everything. If you are not naturally organized or have a plan for how to use this service, you may get easily discouraged at its intricacies when first learning. There are a lot of steps you have to make in order to perform each task.

Bonnie from Pacific Oaks College

Constant Contact

I've used CC to create and track event and orientation registrations, send out email blasts, reminders, and/or updated messages and flyers. I've also used CC to gather new and old leads, create and maintain lists of interested applicants, as well as track applicants who move to admitted students. It is also a great tool for marketing new programs and gathering and testing different message and design styles to see which ones gather more interest. I especially use it to email large groups without being blocked as a spammer. I really don't spam targeted leads, but with some email providers all it takes is like 5 users with the same @.... address and you can get blocked, so being able to use CC for larger emails is a big plus!

Pros

What I like most about Constant Contact (CC) is the ability to import and export contact lists so I can save and re-use particular lists as needed. I often have to run update reports to add newer applicants (or new "interested" leads) and/or change the message text to target a specific audience and then send it to those who need to be contacted; not having to create a brand new list or try and merge two different files is so helpful. Being able to preview email messages when you need to tweak something is a real time saver too! And I love the "reminders" feature so I know when it's time to reconnect with certain interested contacts.

Cons

Honestly there isn't much I don't like about CC...? Oh, right now it will not seamlessly import into the CSM tool our front desk team is using (they end up having to do a little work-around), but that will soon be fixed as they are switching another program that easily works with CC.

lynn from TATA on Main

Staying In Contact with those who matter

Great- highly recommend it for any industry that needs to be in contact with a large number of folks. This software makes it so easy and I can see its use across all industries.

Pros

Ease of use- it is a breeze and actually fun. Lots of functional uses and just a breeze to create something quickly and creatively. Time is money and this software saves me HOURS and HOURS and therefore more than pays for itself. My customers love it- particularly when I attach photos. I can send out a post and within minutes of delivery, I am getting phones to put something aside for a client. Great investment

Cons

Nothing really- I like it all. I have never felt like it was missing anything I needed and it is so easy to use. Best of all, I have NEVER had to call customer support and that is a good sign. Never needed to- it is that easy to use

Constant Contact: Email Marketing Made Easy

Constant Contact is a GREAT tool for designing emails quickly and easily. At the retail establishment I worked at that used this tool, we were able to create beautiful emails announcing new products, inviting clients to events, sharing sale info and more. Constant Contact allows you to include video and links to social media, and comes with a plethora of premade templates to make things especially easy for users. The tool definitely saved time and money and was effective for getting people into the store to make sales. Constant Contact also gives you the ability to manage your email list, remove people whose emails may have bounced or who wish to unsubscribe.

Pros

Constant Contact is a convient way to create beautiful emails to send to a host of contacts. I have used the tool personally for email marketing for retail businesses. Constant Contact allows you to easily manage your contact lists as well as design beautiful, professional emails to send.

Cons

Some of the features are a bit hard to understand and take some practice to get used to. Changing colors of pre-set templates is difficult for a beginner. I also found that sometimes my emails would look different once I sent them then they did in the Constant Contact interface. These small changes weren't detremental to the email's message or anything and maybe customers wouldn't even notice them, but I found it frustrating having put thought and time into the placement of each item.

Bre from Office of Government and Community Relations

Easy Way to Send Communications

Overall, I've been very happy with Constant Contact. The system allows me to store sufficient data and create multiple groups to send messages to. The system also sends communications quickly and offers some basic metrics to track efficiency. For my needs, it checks all the boxes.

Pros

I am a writer, not a designer, but I frequently need to send newsletters that appear professional and polished. Constant Contact makes it easy to format content into an aesthetically pleasing format without a ton of effort on the part of the user. I can easily plop in images, text, and the like, and the system will automatically center, figure out spacing, and all the other things that make the message look neat and clean.

Cons

The footer on the end of messages is more noticeable than ones from competitors. It is very clear that messages come from Constant Contact once you scroll to the bottom, despite the sender info and subject line making it appear like the message came directly from an individual. It does seem more spam-y than other messages, but the ease of sending to groups makes up for this in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Constant Contact was more affordable than other products. While competitors offered more bells and whistles, Constant Contact offered exactly what we needed at a price we could afford, without a ton of up-sells.

David from Integrity Resource Solution

Constant Contact Gets Results

We manage online marketing for many companies including their email campaigns. Constant Contact is consistent and provides solid reporting.

Pros

Easy to use, effective email marketing campaigns.

Cons

Has some difficulties with Safari, works seamlessly with Google Chrome.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Primarily reporting and tracking features. These are important to our clients.

Mildred M. from Keller Williams Realty Gold Coast

Email marketing with excellent support

Excellent product that integrates well with overall marketing workflow. The support is prompt and it is solid technically.

Pros

It is easy to use and provides templates to make your emails easy to create and have built in mobile design. There is help with expanded hours that will assist you with creating emails, list management and any other issue you have. I consider this a major plus because there can always be questions and with support, saves you time. The reporting features are outstanding. You can see who is opening what and what links they are clicking on, to name just a few reporting features. Also, you can now personalize subject line and add emojis. New features are always being added.

Cons

More templates are always being added, but could use a few more for holidays.

Constant Contact is easy to use and has top-notch customer service

Overall Constant Contact is a great solution for small to medium size businesses. The analytics and reporting is well done and a great tool to review the success of the campaign. They are built-in survey options are well designed and thought through. One of the best parts is that they have live customer service that you can speak to you on the phone when you run into an issue and they are always very helpful.

Pros

Constant contact is very visual and it is easy to build an email campaign whether you do it from scratch or use one of their templates. The interface is clean and intuitive. One of my favorite things about Constant Contact is the customer service. Unlike some other competitors you can actually speak to a live person on the phone and talk through your question or your problems. I also love their survey feature and they have a lot of options such as sending the survey only to people who have not yet responded.

Cons

It can be time-consuming to create an email campaign because there is a lot of clicking inside sections and saving. It would be nice to be able to edit all of the content within one box rather than having to edit an individual image, click preview, click save.

Mich from Assemblers

What a Breeze

Over all, a great product. I can send a super professional email to my internal publics super simple, which really makes my day.

Pros

I liked that there wasn't a huge downtime to learn the platform. From download to newsletter creation, it took me all of 30 minutes to navigate the platform and produce a great product. My boss even said it looked really good! Major points for the investment. I also like that you can preview your email in different modes, like mobile VS desktop.

Cons

It takes customer service 72 hours to get back to you with an answer to your problem. That's striking in this day and age. We are still in the testing phase of the software and I'm not sure that's going to work for us.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Price, CSR was super easy to work with, free period or discounted period. I ended up just buying the platform because it was so easy to use.

Gayle from Mid day women's alliance

Excellent tool for email marketing.

For the price, this program provides an excellent tool for organizations that focus on email marketing campaigns. If your needs are focused around email marketing, this is certainly the program to consider.

Pros

This software worked well for our email campaigns, but it lacked some features that were specific to the growing needs of our organization. We definitely would have stayed with this software if it would have met all the needs of our organization as we grew in size and function. The templates were easy to customize, and the emails always looked very professional. I also liked how the emails were tied into the registration page and the final reports.

Cons

This is not an easy program to learn how to use. It's easy to make mistakes, especially when learning the program. Thank goodness for the excellent tech support provided. Their skilled and friendly tech support makes up for the difficulty learning the software. Their tech support is the main reason I would encourage others to consider using this software because of the steep learning curve. They fixed many problems for me, and they were always eager to help!

Justin from Hunterdon County YMCA

Marketing Made Easy

Our organization loves Constant Contact. When we log in, we feel accomplished. It allows us to look like our organization, sound like our organization, and be received by clients who support our organization. It's a dream come true and makes all-important marketing simple.

Pros

Constant Contact is limitless. Want to send an eblast, create a platform for registration, or send automated trials or incentives? Constant Contact does just that and so much more. Very simply, without us using Constant Contact daily, we would not know who our prospective clients are and we would not engage the ones that are with us. When we use Constant Contact, we know our members and always see results.

Cons

There is nothing we dislike or like least about Constant Contact. It is marketing made easy.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,624 reviews