What are Constant Contact users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Constant Contact software through verified user reviews

1,981 Reviews

• icon"The modular panels are very helpful and the design is pretty intuitive when you're constructing your email. I don't typically like drag-and-drop functionalities but this one does it pretty well."
  • icon"The functionality of the email campaigns are great and we feel like we're just scratching the surface when it comes to their capability."
  • icon"Constant Contact enabled us to influence our customers and win them over. This product is a great tool to help businesses achieve their goals and grow by increasing their online presence."
  • icon"Our organization is unsure of if this is a problem with the company or Gmail, but that is one obstacle we have come across."
  • icon"The only complaint (and it really isn't a complaint) is that they don't have a local feel to them. We are in a tough market."
  • icon"Dislike with the Marketing program that you can only have 3 users on the product. Lost of times we needed more users."

Browse all Constant Contact Reviews

• Have you used Constant Contact and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,962 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,962 reviews

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Great tool

Philip

May 2022

Great software and getting better

I appreciate how they make me feel as a customer and I would like to continue working with Constant Contact for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The software is approachable and fairly easy to use! I have always felt like Constant Contact is something that I look forward to using during my daily routine.

Cons

I have found that the integrations of new features are not always smooth for me to understand and fully optimize, but it's great to see them growing functionality.

Robin

Industry: Graphic Design

Constant Contact helps me and my clients stay in touch and generate sales

I've attended several Constant Contact classes, and as a result of what I learned, was able to set up a monthly e-magazine for a client that had 6000 recipients and between 5-10 paid advertisers each month. For another client, we set up a monthly email with coupons for returning customers that was very effective at generating repeat business. The data collection features have helped me and my clients grow our client databases. Another corporate client has used Constant Contact to send notifications and newsletters to their employees.

Pros

There are quite a few things to like about Constant Contact, including the number of available, local classes. The vast number of templates available make the process of setting up email campaigns fast and easy, as does having a library of graphics.

Cons

I've been very happy with Constant Content over the years. While there have been a few glitches, they were easily solved with help from customer service. There is always a representative available to help by chat or phone.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

I've found the process of designing and sending emails with Constant Content easier and more streamlined that other products I've tried.

LaToya

Constant Contact for Email Campaign & Social Media

Overall, I have enjoyed using Constant Contact. It saves time with sending out social media posts. You can schedule a month's worth of posts in advance to different sites. You do not have to post to sites individually.

Pros

The features I like most about Constant Contact are (1) the ability to post on at least 3 social media sites at the same time; (2) sending out email campaigns to your target audience; and (3) being able to schedule posts to go out at a certain time. This software is also easy to use.

Cons

At this time, I have not experienced any issues or features that are difficult to use.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

Constant Contact features met my business needs. The cost was reasonable. My assistant had the most experience with Constant Contact.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Hootsuite changed its guidelines. Benchmark and Mailchimp features were not conducive to my needs.

April 2022

Could be better but simple to use

I like this tool but find myself wanting a more sophisticated email tool with more automation.

Pros

I liked how incredibly easy it is to create emails that can be sent out quickly. It truly is fast to create and send them.

Cons

Customization and automation are clunky. Customer service is hit or miss and can be slow to respond. I hate that we can't move the "Unsubscribe" button within our footer.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

Mailchimp was much pricier and too complicated for our email needs.

Katie

March 2022

Constant Contact Helps Our Business Thrive!

Overall Constant Contacts is phenomenal! It has been the hub of our communications with our team, volunteers, and community. We use it for newsletters, drip campaigns, marketing, and more. People are always so impressed with how beautiful our emails are laid out. It is easy to learn and use. And overall has helped our business grow!

Pros

I love the beautiful layout options. The easy to use and design drag and drop. Ability to add your own images and videos. But most of all the analytics are amazing! They are comprehensive and allow me to download spreadsheets which is so helpful!

Cons

I wish there could be more contacts per pricing tier.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Mailchimp has great pricing but is way too complex to learn quickly and use effectively as a novice user.

Lisa

We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!

Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

Cons

The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

I had heard great things about Constant Contact, so I recommended it for our association to try. No regrets ... it was the best decision, and we have no intention of switching to any other e-mail program.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

At the time (about 10 years ago), we had been with cvent for a few years, and their e-mail module was not at all user-friendly. Moving to Contact Contact was the best thing we ever did for our marketing efforts.

Scott

Industry: Wholesale

Staying Productive with Constant Contact

Overall, the experience has been great. Shout out to their Customer Support team. They are responsive and extremely helpful in solving problems and tackling issues.

Pros

The ability to manage large and multiple email lists of customers and internal employees. Also, the rescheduling feature for emails is invaluable.

Cons

The software is bit wonky sometimes in Safari for Mac. Glitches include library graphics not loading, pages slow to load and other incompatibility issues. Switching to Chrome for Mac usually helps.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

Interface seems easier and the email addresses area handled in a way that is more advantageous to how we work.

Kali

Top Notch Email Marketing

I've used Constant Contact to design and automate newsletters monthly for a couple softball leagues I ran over the last 10 years. I've used it to email prospective customers about promotions in the current position I hold in a bathroom remodeling company. It's always simple, efficient, and inexpensive, really.

Pros

I have most often used the email marketing Constant Contact offers. There are pre-designed templates, if you'd prefer to use something already built and just plug in your own information. You can also design your own from scratch. They make it super simple and make branding a part of the process by giving you a color scheme to stick to while designing.

Cons

I was disappointed when the dropped the event portion of their program and integrated with Eventbrite. I personally liked the way it worked through Contact Contact much better then Eventbrite. Also, sometimes the emails go into the spam folder of a recipient and no one wants to end up in the spam folder.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

I chose Constant Contact over Mailchimp because I like the design options better in Constant Contact.

Rohmah

Really Great Marketing Software

Pros

I really like that it is easy to setup and has a lot of templates.

Cons

I don't like the fact that it can be a bit on the expensive side for startups

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Because constant contact offered more features

Yvonne

Working with Constant Contact

Overall, I like the formats and the several different platforms Constant Contact provides. I can do an email, plan an event or do a survey.

Pros

I like most about this software is the integrating with my database. I don't have to type all my contacts.

Cons

I have to go threw each contact and remove the ones who have cancelled their membership with the Chamber, but didn't unsubscribed, and if someone unsubscribes they cannot be added back. Corporations have blocked emails from Constant Contact so those members cannot receive emails from my organization.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

At the time, Constant Contact integrated with the database software we use in the office.

Eddie

April 2022

Slower to innovate than competition - not a bad price point for functionality

We outgrew the platform very quickly. We needed something that looked professional and was easier to use, and then eventually a professional tech-first platform like SendGrid.

Pros

Easy to get started particularly for those that are not tech saavy. The price point is not bad, especially among infrequent users, and does not get overly expensive with large lists like MailChimp can. Delivers basic functionality well and has recently started trying to add new features.

Cons

Constant Contact was one of the first e-mail marketing platforms out there, but they failed to innovate while many new entrants came into the market and had much more sophisticated platforms. They fall in a weird category now, they are not cheap to get started like MailChimp, but they lack the sophistication of SendGrid. I'm not sure if I would purchase them again.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

It was the existing solution put in place but a less tech saavy manager.

Courtney

Great email marketing platform!

My overall experience with this platform has been great. Our email campaign and overall site traffic has increased since implementing. I would definitely reccommend it to anyone looking for an email marketing service.

Pros

I love the constant contact platform. It's very easy to use and allows for seamless email marketing creation and distribution. Managing multiple lists is super simple. Also seeing the diagnostics of who reads the emails and where they click is super helpful when campaign building.

Cons

Sometimes the templates can be a little finicky. However, there are work arounds that are shared via tutorials and forums. Which are very helpful!

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Additional functionality available in constant contact and reccommendations from colleagues.

Rachel

April 2022

Software that has many options, however, email campaigns are always at the forefront

Constant Contact does exactly what it is supposed to do and we need it to do---sending out good email campaigns easily. Afterward, it utilizes reporting to give us a lot of valuable information about our campaign. It is a simple, yet very robust, program that meets all of our organization's needs.

Pros

I really like the simplicity that Constant Contact has in order to use their product for its primary use---sending out email campaigns. You only have to hit the create button and it guides you through what campaign to use and then provides you with free templates (or upload your own) based on the type of campaign you have. There is a large variety of templates to choose from. Once you select one, you can then customize it to fit your branding. Next, it guides you with selecting recipients, when to send the email, sending a test email out, and much more. Simple, yet it gives you everything you need.

Cons

Although the simplicity of Constant Contact is what makes it attractive, it does have so many features now added to it, that it is a bit overwhelming. I know there are a few features I have seen that I would really like to utilize but I am not very good at reading about them. I feel a better reference section would be beneficial to Constant Contact--more video instruction would be ideal.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

We use it with another email program but Constant Contact is by far the simpler, more efficient program.

Joey

May 2022

Ease of use for great communication

As an agency servicing multiple clients - the partner portal is an absolutely amazing feature.

Pros

The drag and drop software. It's easy to build an email blast using their tools.

Cons

Some of the widgets to capture leads can not be branded with our company colors

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Too clunky to use to capture emails

Roxanne

Constant Constant is an easy way to stay in contact with your donors

Constant Contact has made it very easy for us to stay in contact with our donors. We can also segment our emails to different people in our system.

Pros

I like that it was included FREE with DonorPerfect. It also integrates with the database so you can send out emails to ALL your donors or segment them per their giving history.

Cons

That I really can't do all the graphics that I would like to do. There is probably a way to do this but I really don't know how.

Mailchimp

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Constant Contact was included free with our new donor management system.

March 2022

Constant Contact

I personally use it for marketing purpose in which yes it has been a great help.

Pros

I use Constant Contact for couple of time in a week and specially for Mass email, with various individuals conveying explicit substance. Constant Contact handles this pretty well.

Cons

Its interface can be considered as old fashioned but it doesn't effect the job.

Aline

Tried it and was not for me

Good in the beginning. Lots of promises. From a small company point of view, I expected more. Do what you say you are going to do!

Pros

It was an easy process setup with all documentation and videos available. Options were clear for each step.

Cons

I was told and online, it indicates easy syncing with Woocommerce. When trying to do so, my account got stuck at updating. I was told I had to purchase another app to enable the sync. Nowhere was that indicated.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

A sales agent called and sold me on what they can do for me.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

I am trying and testing many apps till I settle on what I want. It is a sound business decision to test out and not settle.

Michele

Industry: Publishing

Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business

Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

Pros

Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

Cons

As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely convenient for the way we do business. There are now other ways (paid) you can connect directly to Constant Contact to have new email addresses input, but we have not been successful at getting them to interface for us, even though they are supposed to work. Constant Contact support was not helpful on this at all -- this happened recently and was really our only disappointment with them EVER!

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

It was free at the time (for a certain low level of users) and the emails it produced looked more sophisticated in design than other products.

Michelle

Ease of use for Small Shop

The team was great in getting us set up as non-profit with reduced pricing. Using their analytic tools for our website and social media has been an added benefit for us.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to learn, use and gather reports. The functionality is great and helps eliminate duplicating work. We love the ability to drop in a you tube video, conduct surveys and gather RSVPs.

Cons

Only frustrating part is being signed out of account, but still being able to make changes. You don't know that your time has expired until you go to save the changes.

Mailchimp

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

We choose Constant Contact based on recommendations from other schools that use it.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

We switched from Finalsite since we did not renew our contract with them. Our new website provider does not provide email integration - Constant Contact was the perfect fit for us.

Neffer

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Pros

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Cons

I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

Selene

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense!

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros

As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons

While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Feyisayo

Bulk Email Marketing At Its Best

I like using Constant Contact and the experience has been good especially with bulk email sending.

Pros

1. Constant Contact makes it easy for me to send bulk email that goes straight to inbox and that what got me entangled with it. 2. I noticed a very rare feature that Constant Contact have that many other doesnt have. Constant Contact, allows me to collect donations from people. Many of the clients i have helped setup Constant Contact like the donation feature part so much too. 3. Constant Contact allows me create absolutely any kind of form that is needed for my list building.

Cons

Constant Contact doesnt have a free forever basic plan. Although they give first month free but I think they should have a plan for small businesses starting out who cannot afford their $20 a month.

Reasons for choosing Constant Contact

Sendinblue plan doesn't fit my budget, its too high compared to Constant Contact. Also, Sendinblue free plan is not encouraging. It says I can only send 300 emails per day.

Hafizah

Constant Contact review

Pros

Constant Contact excels in handling various groups/lists and large numbers of contacts. I've dealt with companies with a vast customer base, and Constant Contact enables you to manually eliminate subscribers and errors from more extensive groups/lists. They're coming out with a new edition of their email builders, but the existing one allows for individual CSS coding per block, which allows for a lot of customization.

Cons

Constant Contact has several oddities that I haven't encounter with Mailchimp, especially when using external connections for photographs and URLs. The email builder's text and link editing is a little strange and has a few flaws. Also, unless you make folders for all of your emails, the new search option for past emails is quite sluggish and takes a very long time to find.

Reasons for switching to Constant Contact

Zoho Mail is slow to loading the email and not many useful feature can be find there.

Curt

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,962 reviews