• Pros

• "I love the one on one contact with the customer support! Between the emails with updates in our industry to online chats that are personal and helpful, I would recommend ContentCal to anyone. "

• "The visual nature of it, the approval flow, the ability to plan content across all channels, the pinboard posts - so much, it's a great scheduling tool!"

• "It is very easy to use, the layout is simple and intuitive and visually it is easy to see what the status is of each post."

• Cons

• "I wish it could post natively to Instagram and @mention properly."

• "I would love an app through which to save content directly rather than having to do everything on desktop. "

• "Scheduling directly to Instagram! I know it is coming soon so it's not really​ that big of a con."

Browse ContentCal Reviews

Jeremy from Metamorphosis Agency

HIGHLY RECOMMEND: Perfect for managing and collaborating on multiple social media project

SETUP What can I say, other than, "it couldn't be simpler." The hierarchies and metamophors in the software are intuitive and completely fluid. First, you create an account and create a calendar. Next you add social media accounts to the calendar. Then invite your participants and everyone adds content which is published. Voilà! ADDING AND MANAGING CONTENT This is what makes ContentCal so amazing: you can use the "planning channel" and their other tools for ingesting and collaborating on content prior to publishing. When ready, just move it to the channel(s) you want to publish to, set the day and time, and then it goes! I love software that just works like you want it to. *BAM*! GOVERNANCE This is special to ContentCal. I had worked for years in HigherEd marketing and this is something that we always wanted and now I've found: you can set up a routing and approval process. To get this done is also quite easy: 1. Once your users are added to your calendar, you can assign roles (or do this during the invitation process) 2. You'll use these roles/permissions for workflow: contributors, approvers, etc. For us, we have contributors add content to their calendars right on the days/times when they want it published and then they route it for approval. Our approvers (managers) review the content for accuracy and brand, and then approve. We can also reject and route it back with comments for tweaking making it a great tool for training in brand-voice, too.

Pros

This platform is perfect for agencies, distributed organizations, or anyone who needs to manage and participate on multiple social media accounts. It could not be any easier, which is perfect for teams with varying degrees of ability. And, the ability to create custom workflows and approvals that reflect your unique governance plan is unmatched. Non-profits, government entities, higher-ed, agencies, and anyone who manages more than one business or online personality where more than one person needs to contribute content will love this!

Cons

This is not a con, per se, but just something to be aware of: if you want automated publishing for your Instagram accounts, you'll have to set it up once using their Zapier integration. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. are all native. It's only Insta that requires this extra step. It was easy enough, thought, and you really only do this once and then you'll publish everything from within ContentCal. Once done, you and your collaborators have a seamless experience. Easy!

Caroline from Social Honeycomb

Outstanding support from the team behind this great scheduling tool

OUtstanding - my posting to platforms is much more planned and organised. My ability to view the rest of my team's posting for their clients is seamless. All of which gives me more time to work on my business not in my business.

Pros

Cons

There is very little I don't like, due to the age of the tool some aspects of it are not as advanced as its competitors BUT the outstanding customer service, flexibility of the team, and constant upgrades far outweigh any cons. I moved away from ContentCal, once, as I was wooed by another glitzy product however I soon returned!!

Good Social Media Tool but Lacks Reporting

The tool was okay. It would be great for an entry level social media manager or for internal social media reporting, but for an agency, it lacked the functionality and features we needed.

Pros

We liked the ability to easily schedule social media posts for our clients, save content/links/articles in a content library and add notes and campaigns for internal purposes.

Cons

We like the tool for scheduling purposes but the reporting really lacked the details we needed to send to our clients, which resulted in more work - so we weren't saving any significant amounts of time.

Kirsty from Mann Social Ltd

Content Cal Review

It's a great planning tool; if you are looking for a scheduler with some nice touches this is certainly one to consider

Pros

Love the hashtag set up, the colour codes, the duplication across different platforms. Realise there are lots of features I'm not using; will find time to look at Zap link ups.

Cons

Image pull through is glitchy. Analytics are not detailed, but I use platform data for this so not a problem for me

Kate from Social Sense Media

Review of ContentCal

ContentCal has enabled my virtual team to work together seamlessly across a number of clients and the agency has grown because of it.

Pros

- Very intuitive. I had my account up and running within 5 minutes. I was then quickly able to add team members and clients. We advise anyone we train to use ContentCal, many have been using other scheduling tools and they comment they find it an easy switch to make and enjoy the simplicity of it. - You can see your content across all your social channels on one screen. Want to change a post? No problem - just drag and drop it to another day. - The customer services team are super responsive and any issue is quickly resolved. - Great for planning. Each calendar has a planning channel where you can save content ideas ready for when you want to use them and also add categories for content. - Option to save your favourite hashtags to each calendar so you don't have to start from scratch every time. - The approval workflow allows multiple people to schedule to a calendar and provides the client /account owner ultimate sign off. It makes collaboration across a virtual team really easy. - No need for unsightly long links as there is a link shortener integrated into the tool.

Cons

The occaisional glitch with the new release but nothing that hasn't been sorted quickly by the customer service team.

Alex from Growth Gurus

A kick ass platform that solved a lot of Agency needs

ContentCal has provided the following benefits to us and our Clients: - Transparency - Seamless organisation - Accountability - Responsibility - A centralised social media tool - Easy campaign planner - Integration with multiple social channels All the above has made social media team more effective and efficient, communication is simple and everyone feels in control of their own domain.

Pros

The number 1 thing we love is that fact that it is always developing. New features are added by the team, based on clients input and feedback. The company gives you a real feeling that this a tool that is built with the client and their customers first. The simple UI is fantastic, the drag and drop features, the clear calendar, the NO MESS (we've had some messy calendar before). As odd as it is, there is literally no learning curve, it's just simple and it works. Clients adapt quickly and all roles are set up immediately and work straight away. The feeling of professionalism that is transferred between agency and client is a HUGE bonus, and one that should be marketed by the team! Everyone is happy and organised, whether its our clients, our team, or our tech provider. Its a tripple win.

Cons

Sometimes they accidentally email our clients and aim to sell them the tool that they are already part of, but I believe that is more a CRM issue than a specific software issue. More focus on campaigns that the social media posts will be part of. There is a huge emphasis on the micro details, but not enough (yet) on the macro details of the campaign at large.

Nina from Palette Gear

Industry: Computer Hardware

The best value scheduler out there -- makes my content planning a breeze

Our content and social media has never been so organized and full. I can plan and execute content on a regular basis, and with the analytics, I can quickly see what is performing well and re-share it. We have seen a major increase in social media impressions and engagements since we started using ContentCal because we now know what works and what speaks to our audience so we can create more content like it.

Pros

This scheduler makes my content and social media work a breeze. The best part about ContentCal is that they listen to feedback from people who work in the industry and build out new features based on this feedback. I love that I can preview the post while drafting. I love that I can schedule a single post on multiple days. I LOVE the calendar view updates. I can quickly see what I have scheduled for each channel for that month and preview the post from the monthly calendar view. Brilliant. Thanks so much to the entire ContentCal team. I am so happy with the entire experience.

Cons

There's really not much I don't like. It would be nice to be able to post multiple photos to Instagram but I have a simple workaround for now. Everything else is smooth, intuitive, and improves my workflow greatly.

Ruth from Ruth Gilbey Marketing and Coaching

Why I love ContentCal

I don't like scheduling! ContentCal makes it a more pleasurable experience it's really satisfying seeing everything and it's great for planning and really have a good visual view of what you have planned for your channels.

Pros

✅ It helps you visually plan your content so it doubles up as a content calendar AND a scheduling tool. ✅ You can post to multiple platforms in one go, so if I create a post I can click a button and it will go out on Twitter, LI and Facebook (obviously you need to amend these to fit the channels and you can move them around after). ✅ You can work as a team or use it for client approvals (NB extra users do incur a charge) ✅You can repeat posts easily - even on Twitter where some 3rd party tools won't let you.

Cons

Sometimes link previews don't come across and I've had a few posts go out by mistake multiple times. Also, the changeover from one version to another was tricky but then it was a busy time when I was making the move.

Nicole from Kaka'ako Kasuals

Pro Level Just Enough

This first level is perfect for our company. There's only one user and they continue to add on little additions/tweaks to the app.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is that I can add in notes for my other campaigns that I'm running. I can schedule things ahead of time, add in my other marketing initiatives and see everything in one place.

Cons

I don't like that I can't schedule videos... I have to post it myself. I also wish I could apply IG filters as well as do multiple images/videos in one post.

Jessica from Social Concepts Consulting

ContentCal saves agencies considerable time

As the director of a creative communications agency I work with numerous social media retainer clients. Since introducing ContentCal, we've managed to streamline our social media process to produce professional looking online calendars that we can present to our clients. Gone are the days of annoying PDFs! When we were looking for a tool to use, we found that ContentCal offered the most features at an affordable option. A lot of the other tools available a geared towards very large companies who have budgets we simply can't compete with. ContentCal enabled us to have access to some of the very same features at a fraction of the cost. Aside from streamlining our process, I'd say that Content Cal has significantly reduced our time and time is one of the most valuable assets that we have in our day to day work.

Pros

- Saves time - Provides an effective and professional way of presenting social content to clients - Great features

Cons

- There are a few desirable features missing, but I believe ContentCal will continue to develop and evolve this

Cathy from Socially Contented

Take the pressure off your social media scheduling

ContentCal solves the problem of a very hands-on VIP client and was a game changer for me.

Pros

The team approval flow process is excellent. I can share all the content with clients who need this process and they can give approval without any extra work on my part. I also love the visual layout and easy drag and drop movement across days.

Cons

I wish it could post natively to Instagram and @mention properly.

Jacinta from thesocialnetwork.ie

We would be lost without ContentCal

As a team, we would be lost without it. It has helped communication, ​productivity and efficiency.

Pros

I love the layout. You can see your content across all your social channel. You can change this to view by week or month. For us this helps us check that we have our right hooks in the right place, if not we simply drag and drop to another day. You can also view what it will look like on each platform before it goes out. Each calendar​ has its own planning area where you can add categories, hashtags and campaign ideas. This makes planning with the team and clients much easier. The approval workflow allows multiple people to schedule to a calendar leaving the option for the client or owner to have to overall approval for content that goes out. The team are amazing! They are always responsive and helpful.

Paul from LikeMind Media

This software has changed my business!

The team at ContentCal are a dream to work with. They listen to feedback and help me move my business forward. I am grateful to them for the support they give me and my team.

Pros

The UI is great - it gives me an overview of where each of our content schedules is. We managed multiple clients so having all this in one place is great. We have used the Pause All Content feature a few times, when terrorist incidents have occurred. This was helpful for us to reevaluate the mood and change content accordingly. We use the system as a portal to give clients access to what we're doing and they love it.

Cons

I'd love to be able to post directly to Instagram, but I know this is coming.

ContentCal really is a great product

Pros

It's so easy to use, it is a massive help in my daily routine and takes out a lot of hassle I could do without. It just make my working day far more efficient. It's a great tool, great product, and everyone at ContentCal are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

If you have any concerns or experience any drawbacks, then ContentCal are only too happy to discuss them with you to help iron them out, to take your feedback on board, point you in the right direction, and even surprise you that they're already working on an area that you've pointed out could be changed or improved. They're right on the ball!

Content Calendar has increased our productivity by scheduling our social media publishing

Improved productivity and efficiency from pre-planning and scheduling your social media posts.

Pros

Working across multiple social media clients content calendars all in one place but in clearly separated and integrated views.

Cons

It can have some issues connecting with Facebook's API at times and not properly tag other pages but the support is fantastic so always look into this.

Response from Content Calendr

Replied June 2018

Thanks very much for the review!

Kerry from Aim High Social

ContentCal - content planning and scheduling in one

I have always struggled to find a visually appealing content calendar that also schedules and auto posts and can be shared with clients for sign-off. ContentCal solved this issue for me as I can now plan out content which can be approved and scheduled with one click.

Pros

I love the visual layout of the software, works as a great content planner as well as scheduling tool. Easy to add content and share a single piece across all platforms. The built-in approvals system is a huge bonus, makes getting client sign-off on content so easy.

Susie from socialwize

ContentCal: the easiest scheduler for your social

ContentCal have a fantastically responsive customer service team and listen to their customers. I recommend them to all my clients looking to manage their social with a scheduling tool.

Pros

ContentCal is so easy to navigate with a clear layout. It also has a workflow approval system which is a great feature when working with an approver.

Cons

ContentCal are continuously launching new features and improving their product so issues that arise are dealt with fast.

Simple & Straightforward

It's made my scheduling life so much easier! The layout, approval flow and clean and simple display help you stay focussed on the job in hand.

Pros

The calendar layout makes scheduling so much easier! You can easily see what's coming up and what holes still need to be filled. It's also great when you're working with an approval flow and you can easily see which posts still need approval/amending.

Cons

You're able to accidently post retrospectively, which is a bit annoying!

Vicky from Lemonade Social Ltd

The Scheduling Tool of Dreams!

The approval flow works really with all my clients who find it’s simple and easy to navigate. The new Zapier integration with Pocket has definitely helped refine my curated content process.

Pros

ContentCal is really visual, it’s easy to see what’s going out and when, what’s approved and what still needs work. It’s super easy to update posts and move them around the calendar by a simple drag & drop.

Cons

More analytics and a GIF library would be marvellous!

Sarah from Sixpence Social

What’s not to love!

If I’ve ever had a problem or concern the ContentCal customer service team have been fantastic!

Pros

I love how user friendly ContentCal is. I mainly use it for scheduling on Twitter and it works like a dream. Enables me to plan my content in advance as well as schedule it.

Cons

Would love to be able to tag people and companies on LinkedIn as well as @ mention people on images on Twitter.

Kelly from Kelly Bateson Media

Great product!

Love it!

Pros

I love how easy it is and that my clients have their own login to preview content. It’s a fabulous tool and the team at ContentCal make all the difference. They are there to help at any time!

Cons

It can be a bit slow at times and I do wish there was an option to “un-approve” to stop a post from going out without deleting or cancelling it

Jennifer from Jennifer Gilmour: Author & Advocate

Industry: Writing and Editing

Everyone I have met or spoken with from ContentCal has been able to answer my questions and solve my problems. I love the ease of use of Content Cal and it has saved me hours of time each month in switching over from Hootsuite.

Pros

I love the pinboard and the ability to duplicate posts easily. I run a Twitter chat and have a base of tweets that are the same each week. It’s saved me hours each month to have the pinboard as with other providers I had to copy and paste all the content.

Cons

That there isn’t a mobile app that uses all areas of the desktop site. I currently use a different app for Instagram.

Not a bad platform, but not my favorite.

Pros

I like the ability to see the photos large for each social channel each day. This is a layout I haven't found on other platforms.

Cons

The reporting/analytics lacked a lot of information and details required. We also had issues with content not publishing correctly.

Great scheduler for all!

I'm using it to schedule content in an easy, fast way and I look forward to trying out the approval feature with a new client.

Pros

ContentCal is easy to use and nice to view. It's very intuitive and the drag and drop functionality is life-changing. Customer service is very responsive too and you feel like you're talking to real people all the time.

Cons

There isn't a lot I don't like about it. There are always updates happening improving the overall experience so even features that didn't exist before, do now. I did enjoy being able to add ideas to the pinboard without them being tied to any particular channel as they are now.

Stephanie from First Move Digital

Been searching for this one-stop-shop

Pros

I like that I can post automatically to multiple channels for a plethora of clients and include them in the approval process in one place.

Cons

The look of the interface could do with some modernising design features. Also tagging products/people on instagram would make this platform NEXT LEVEL

Francois from WSI Internet Consulting

ContentCal is the Content Calendar for us

We have been able to consolidate all our calendars into one platform that has built in workflow. we are now saving more than 3 hours in just calendar setup, nevermind the management and publishing of content. I feel that we are now in total control of our calendar services.

Pros

ContentCal fits our needs exactly. We have over 100 calendars to manage and found managing this with Google Sheets – just cumbersome and open to errors. ContentCal’s workflow makes it really simple for my agency to create, approve and publish social content on behalf of our clients.

Cons

There are zero negatives for us. So easy and simple to implement.

Very Good as its Job

Pros

ContentCal is designed for only one thing in the social media space, scheduling content to be posted, and for this task it succeeds with flying colours.

Cons

The up time is simply not what you would expect from premium software, with long periods of downtime occasionally causing significant issues.

Joshua from Citizens Assisting Citizens, Inc,

A blessing for our small 502(c)(3) charity!

Being a visual calendar, even less technical volunteers have been able to help schedule and approve social media content with ease. Fewer people can do the job of many! Whether you team is large or small, you'll love the simplicity and automation of this social scheduling tool.

Pros

ContentCal.io has been a real force multiplier for our small disaster relief nonprofit.

Cons

Interface is best used on PC or Laptop, not yet fully mobile/responsive, but as long as you have a computer, all is well.

Why I'm Loyal

I have used a LOT of different social media scheduling tools over the years. Nothing ever fit the bill. I'm confident that the team at Content Cal will continue to listen to their loyal users and keep making the tweaks and changes we request to make our content goals achievable.

Pros

Its really REALLY easy to use. MY VA loves it. Having a clear month ahead view works so well for my creative mind.

Cons

We can't post to facebook groups. We can't post to Pinterest and have to duplicate work on Tailwind. Migration was a nightmare to the new version. It cost me extra overtime for my Va to re-post work we had already posted.

chandra from Indigo Social Co.

Super helpful customer service

Pros

Cons

I'm not entirely sure how to upgrade to the newest software. I think it could be more streamlined and intuitive.

Jenny from Bondfield Marketing

Easy to share with the client

A bit fiddly to set up, and my call with ContentCal to go through didn’t really cover how to publish posts. But once set up it’s going well. I haven’t used the insights, I’m doing those within Instagram.

Pros

I like the ease of sharing posts with the client and the notes function

Cons

Putting in each insta hashtag individually

Nicole from Nicole Andrew

Too glitchy

I really want to love it, but it makes the job of scheduling so much slower.

Pros

Cons

I found it to be very slow and glitchy. I find myself having to wait to let the app catch up while I'm typing copy. It duplicates posts multiple times, posts disappear, I can't always change the status (the 'send for approval' option just disappears). It also doesn't pull across images from links for Twitter - you can see them, but they won't upload.

Erin from New Jersey Realtors®

Great Product but Not for Me

The customer service from the company was fantastic and the web clipper is an amazing tool.

Pros

It was great that my whole team could use it to interact with. The web clipper was definitely the best feature.

Cons

I needed something to plan our weekly newsletter and this platform was no the right fit for what I needed. The sections are horizontal so it was hard for me to do my job.

Rachel from The Story Cave

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Visually plan your social media content

Pros

Great visual planner. You can see what posts you have scheduled and easily move them around to create a visually appealing feed.

Cons

It would be useful to bring in RSS feeds so it's easy to share content from others.

Mattia from Mattia Musella

Industry: Music

Great Software

Pros

Really intuitive and easy to learn, great customer service.

Cons

It's missing the Facebook tagging and you have to use an iOS app to post on Instagram, but i know they are both getting solved.

Emma from Freelancer

Industry: Publishing

Very user-friendly scheduling tool

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive. The approval structure is great if you need/want to use that sort of thing with clients or your team.

Cons

The extra step required to post to Insta