What are ContentCal users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ContentCal software through verified user reviews

• icon"Simple and clean social media scheduler. Great to quickly share posts across multiple accounts and easily set up the accounts."
  • icon"It was great that my whole team could use it to interact with. The web clipper was definitely the best feature."
  • icon"Working across multiple social media clients content calendars all in one place but in clearly separated and integrated views."
  • icon"I don't like that I can't schedule videos. I have to post it myself."
  • icon"You're able to accidently post retrospectively, which is a bit annoying."
  • icon"Sometimes they accidentally email our clients and aim to sell them the tool that they are already part of, but I believe that is more a CRM issue than a specific software issue."

Browse all ContentCal Reviews

• Have you used ContentCal and would like to share your experience with others?

Matthew

Contetcal helped us get back control and made us more efficient

Fantastic! Every time I have any question, the online chat provides fast replies. Recently had an odd issue (which turned out to be a 3rd party issue). A screen share session was offered and the lead developer did a health check on our set-up and zapier integration, and also made some great suggestions which we'll implement.

Pros

Contentcal is very simple to use, but very powerful. We started using it for Facebook and Twitter social media management, but we've now added instagram, LinkedIn and Google my business. The zapier integration is revolutionary - we're now pulling in data from news aggregator sites and posting the links for our page visitors to view. We're also exporting from the ContentCal planner to our wordpress blogs to help google see the site as active. We're doing a few tricks to the content for SEO purposes too!

Cons

I also wish it didn't do as much - I keep find myself building new tricks, when I should probably be doing other stuff! Would like to see the ability to directly upload GMB photos and and also be able to edit the exif geodata on the images. Some spintax functionality would be great!

Reasons for choosing ContentCal

Contentcal offered much greater range of integrations.

Caroline

Outstanding support from the team behind this great scheduling tool

OUtstanding - my posting to platforms is much more planned and organised. My ability to view the rest of my team's posting for their clients is seamless. All of which gives me more time to work on my business not in my business.

Pros

It is very easy to use, the layout is simple and intuitive and visually it is easy to see what the status is of each post.

Cons

There is very little I don't like, due to the age of the tool some aspects of it are not as advanced as its competitors BUT the outstanding customer service, flexibility of the team, and constant upgrades far outweigh any cons. I moved away from ContentCal, once, as I was wooed by another glitzy product however I soon returned!!

Reasons for switching to ContentCal

Customer Service was very slow and the cost was very high in comparison.

Good Social Media Tool but Lacks Reporting

The tool was okay. It would be great for an entry level social media manager or for internal social media reporting, but for an agency, it lacked the functionality and features we needed.

Pros

We liked the ability to easily schedule social media posts for our clients, save content/links/articles in a content library and add notes and campaigns for internal purposes.

Cons

We like the tool for scheduling purposes but the reporting really lacked the details we needed to send to our clients, which resulted in more work - so we weren't saving any significant amounts of time.

Price

Wes

ContentCal Is A MUST Have For Social Media Engagement!

EVERYONE I've interacted with at ContentCal have been awesome!

Pros

The ability to have all my Social Media Platforms in one place!

Cons

I would like to see LinkedIn and Pinterest added.

Reasons for choosing ContentCal

The Customer Service, Sales, and overall willingness to work with me was over the top with ContentCal!

Reasons for switching to ContentCal

I wanted more profiles and more abilities within them.

Kirsty

Content Cal Review

It's a great planning tool; if you are looking for a scheduler with some nice touches this is certainly one to consider

Pros

Love the hashtag set up, the colour codes, the duplication across different platforms. Realise there are lots of features I'm not using; will find time to look at Zap link ups.

Cons

Image pull through is glitchy. Analytics are not detailed, but I use platform data for this so not a problem for me

Reasons for switching to ContentCal

I wanted a more visible overview of my posting schedule

Jeremy

HIGHLY RECOMMEND: Perfect for managing and collaborating on multiple social media project

SETUP What can I say, other than, "it couldn't be simpler." The hierarchies and metamophors in the software are intuitive and completely fluid. First, you create an account and create a calendar. Next you add social media accounts to the calendar. Then invite your participants and everyone adds content which is published. Voilà! ADDING AND MANAGING CONTENT This is what makes ContentCal so amazing: you can use the "planning channel" and their other tools for ingesting and collaborating on content prior to publishing. When ready, just move it to the channel(s) you want to publish to, set the day and time, and then it goes! I love software that just works like you want it to. *BAM*! GOVERNANCE This is special to ContentCal. I had worked for years in HigherEd marketing and this is something that we always wanted and now I've found: you can set up a routing and approval process. To get this done is also quite easy: 1. Once your users are added to your calendar, you can assign roles (or do this during the invitation process) 2. You'll use these roles/permissions for workflow: contributors, approvers, etc. For us, we have contributors add content to their calendars right on the days/times when they want it published and then they route it for approval. Our approvers (managers) review the content for accuracy and brand, and then approve. We can also reject and route it back with comments for tweaking making it a great tool for training in brand-voice, too.

Pros

This platform is perfect for agencies, distributed organizations, or anyone who needs to manage and participate on multiple social media accounts. It could not be any easier, which is perfect for teams with varying degrees of ability. And, the ability to create custom workflows and approvals that reflect your unique governance plan is unmatched. Non-profits, government entities, higher-ed, agencies, and anyone who manages more than one business or online personality where more than one person needs to contribute content will love this!

Cons

This is not a con, per se, but just something to be aware of: if you want automated publishing for your Instagram accounts, you'll have to set it up once using their Zapier integration. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. are all native. It's only Insta that requires this extra step. It was easy enough, thought, and you really only do this once and then you'll publish everything from within ContentCal. Once done, you and your collaborators have a seamless experience. Easy!

Kate

Review of ContentCal

ContentCal has enabled my virtual team to work together seamlessly across a number of clients and the agency has grown because of it.

Pros

- Very intuitive. I had my account up and running within 5 minutes. I was then quickly able to add team members and clients. We advise anyone we train to use ContentCal, many have been using other scheduling tools and they comment they find it an easy switch to make and enjoy the simplicity of it. - You can see your content across all your social channels on one screen. Want to change a post? No problem - just drag and drop it to another day. - The customer services team are super responsive and any issue is quickly resolved. - Great for planning. Each calendar has a planning channel where you can save content ideas ready for when you want to use them and also add categories for content. - Option to save your favourite hashtags to each calendar so you don't have to start from scratch every time. - The approval workflow allows multiple people to schedule to a calendar and provides the client /account owner ultimate sign off. It makes collaboration across a virtual team really easy. - No need for unsightly long links as there is a link shortener integrated into the tool.

Cons

The occaisional glitch with the new release but nothing that hasn't been sorted quickly by the customer service team.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

ContentCal really is a great product

Pros

It's so easy to use, it is a massive help in my daily routine and takes out a lot of hassle I could do without. It just make my working day far more efficient. It's a great tool, great product, and everyone at ContentCal are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

If you have any concerns or experience any drawbacks, then ContentCal are only too happy to discuss them with you to help iron them out, to take your feedback on board, point you in the right direction, and even surprise you that they're already working on an area that you've pointed out could be changed or improved. They're right on the ball!

Content Calendar has increased our productivity by scheduling our social media publishing

Improved productivity and efficiency from pre-planning and scheduling your social media posts.

Pros

Cons

It can have some issues connecting with Facebook's API at times and not properly tag other pages but the support is fantastic so always look into this.

Response from Content Calendr

Thanks very much for the review!

Replied June 2018

Jessica

ContentCal saves agencies considerable time

As the director of a creative communications agency I work with numerous social media retainer clients. Since introducing ContentCal, we've managed to streamline our social media process to produce professional looking online calendars that we can present to our clients. Gone are the days of annoying PDFs! When we were looking for a tool to use, we found that ContentCal offered the most features at an affordable option. A lot of the other tools available a geared towards very large companies who have budgets we simply can't compete with. ContentCal enabled us to have access to some of the very same features at a fraction of the cost. Aside from streamlining our process, I'd say that Content Cal has significantly reduced our time and time is one of the most valuable assets that we have in our day to day work.

Pros

- Saves time - Provides an effective and professional way of presenting social content to clients - Great features

Cons

- There are a few desirable features missing, but I believe ContentCal will continue to develop and evolve this

Alex

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

A kick ass platform that solved a lot of Agency needs

ContentCal has provided the following benefits to us and our Clients: - Transparency - Seamless organisation - Accountability - Responsibility - A centralised social media tool - Easy campaign planner - Integration with multiple social channels All the above has made social media team more effective and efficient, communication is simple and everyone feels in control of their own domain.

Pros

The number 1 thing we love is that fact that it is always developing. New features are added by the team, based on clients input and feedback. The company gives you a real feeling that this a tool that is built with the client and their customers first. The simple UI is fantastic, the drag and drop features, the clear calendar, the NO MESS (we've had some messy calendar before). As odd as it is, there is literally no learning curve, it's just simple and it works. Clients adapt quickly and all roles are set up immediately and work straight away. The feeling of professionalism that is transferred between agency and client is a HUGE bonus, and one that should be marketed by the team! Everyone is happy and organised, whether its our clients, our team, or our tech provider. Its a tripple win.

Cons

Sometimes they accidentally email our clients and aim to sell them the tool that they are already part of, but I believe that is more a CRM issue than a specific software issue. More focus on campaigns that the social media posts will be part of. There is a huge emphasis on the micro details, but not enough (yet) on the macro details of the campaign at large.

Nina

Industry: Computer Hardware

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

The best value scheduler out there -- makes my content planning a breeze

Our content and social media has never been so organized and full. I can plan and execute content on a regular basis, and with the analytics, I can quickly see what is performing well and re-share it. We have seen a major increase in social media impressions and engagements since we started using ContentCal because we now know what works and what speaks to our audience so we can create more content like it.

Pros

This scheduler makes my content and social media work a breeze. The best part about ContentCal is that they listen to feedback from people who work in the industry and build out new features based on this feedback. I love that I can preview the post while drafting. I love that I can schedule a single post on multiple days. I LOVE the calendar view updates. I can quickly see what I have scheduled for each channel for that month and preview the post from the monthly calendar view. Brilliant. Thanks so much to the entire ContentCal team. I am so happy with the entire experience.

Cons

There's really not much I don't like. It would be nice to be able to post multiple photos to Instagram but I have a simple workaround for now. Everything else is smooth, intuitive, and improves my workflow greatly.

Ruth

Why I love ContentCal

I don't like scheduling! ContentCal makes it a more pleasurable experience it's really satisfying seeing everything and it's great for planning and really have a good visual view of what you have planned for your channels.

Pros

✅ It helps you visually plan your content so it doubles up as a content calendar AND a scheduling tool. ✅ You can post to multiple platforms in one go, so if I create a post I can click a button and it will go out on Twitter, LI and Facebook (obviously you need to amend these to fit the channels and you can move them around after). ✅ You can work as a team or use it for client approvals (NB extra users do incur a charge) ✅You can repeat posts easily - even on Twitter where some 3rd party tools won't let you.

Cons

Sometimes link previews don't come across and I've had a few posts go out by mistake multiple times. Also, the changeover from one version to another was tricky but then it was a busy time when I was making the move.

Cathy

Take the pressure off your social media scheduling

ContentCal solves the problem of a very hands-on VIP client and was a game changer for me.

Pros

The team approval flow process is excellent. I can share all the content with clients who need this process and they can give approval without any extra work on my part. I also love the visual layout and easy drag and drop movement across days.

Cons

I wish it could post natively to Instagram and @mention properly.

For the approval flow

Nicole

Pro Level Just Enough

This first level is perfect for our company. There's only one user and they continue to add on little additions/tweaks to the app.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is that I can add in notes for my other campaigns that I'm running. I can schedule things ahead of time, add in my other marketing initiatives and see everything in one place.

Cons

I don't like that I can't schedule videos... I have to post it myself. I also wish I could apply IG filters as well as do multiple images/videos in one post.

Jacinta

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

We would be lost without ContentCal

As a team, we would be lost without it. It has helped communication, ​productivity and efficiency.

Pros

I love the layout. You can see your content across all your social channel. You can change this to view by week or month. For us this helps us check that we have our right hooks in the right place, if not we simply drag and drop to another day. You can also view what it will look like on each platform before it goes out. Each calendar​ has its own planning area where you can add categories, hashtags and campaign ideas. This makes planning with the team and clients much easier. The approval workflow allows multiple people to schedule to a calendar leaving the option for the client or owner to have to overall approval for content that goes out. The team are amazing! They are always responsive and helpful.

Cons

Scheduling directly to Instagram! I know it is coming soon so it's not really​ that big of a con.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

This software has changed my business!

The team at ContentCal are a dream to work with. They listen to feedback and help me move my business forward. I am grateful to them for the support they give me and my team.

Pros

The UI is great - it gives me an overview of where each of our content schedules is. We managed multiple clients so having all this in one place is great. We have used the Pause All Content feature a few times, when terrorist incidents have occurred. This was helpful for us to reevaluate the mood and change content accordingly. We use the system as a portal to give clients access to what we're doing and they love it.

Cons

I'd love to be able to post directly to Instagram, but I know this is coming.

Charlie

So glad to have found it!

I love it! It has made life so much easier and freed up time!

Pros

ContentCal makes content planning an absolute breeze compared to other similar platforms. The best thing the ability to get things approved before anything goes live making sure everyone is happy.

Cons

The creating of boards can be a little frustrating if you are a small company but I would imagine ideal when you have multiple departments or campaigns.

Recommendation and the trail

Kerry

ContentCal - content planning and scheduling in one

I have always struggled to find a visually appealing content calendar that also schedules and auto posts and can be shared with clients for sign-off. ContentCal solved this issue for me as I can now plan out content which can be approved and scheduled with one click.

Pros

I love the visual layout of the software, works as a great content planner as well as scheduling tool. Easy to add content and share a single piece across all platforms. The built-in approvals system is a huge bonus, makes getting client sign-off on content so easy.

Cons

I would love an app through which to save content directly rather than having to do everything on desktop.

Susie

ContentCal: the easiest scheduler for your social

ContentCal have a fantastically responsive customer service team and listen to their customers. I recommend them to all my clients looking to manage their social with a scheduling tool.

Pros

ContentCal is so easy to navigate with a clear layout. It also has a workflow approval system which is a great feature when working with an approver.

Cons

ContentCal are continuously launching new features and improving their product so issues that arise are dealt with fast.

Linzi

An intuitive scheduling tool

Keeping scheduled posts for all platforms on one app, also keeping previous weeks/months work available for use/repost.

Pros

Layout is clean and clear by platform. Having a calendar style layout is intuitive for weekly/monthly planning. Colour coding for draft/pending/approved posts helps sign off process with clients.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches, like the draft post pop up box can crash and close mid draft!

Reasons for choosing ContentCal

Cost and layout of calendar functionality

Nisarg

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Preferred tool for social media marketing

This helps me lot in my planning for marketing & its easy to use tool. many time i was forget to post on social media due to lack of time but now, contentcal doing my job very well without any single mistake.

Pros

I like most In contentcal is it's design & look. In this tool i see my social media platform & what i post indivisual & also see special day & discription on one screen, so its very easy for me. In short i see my planning & it's execution on single screen.

Cons

"You always have to pay more to get the great thing", this is a little costly tool, if company try to give discount, I'll ready to purchase.

Response from Content Calendr

Hi there, we're always happy to chat to find something that works for you. Feel free to get in touch with us at support@contentcal.co

Replied June 2020

Simple & Straightforward

It's made my scheduling life so much easier! The layout, approval flow and clean and simple display help you stay focussed on the job in hand.

Pros

The calendar layout makes scheduling so much easier! You can easily see what's coming up and what holes still need to be filled. It's also great when you're working with an approval flow and you can easily see which posts still need approval/amending.

Cons

You're able to accidently post retrospectively, which is a bit annoying!

Vicky

The Scheduling Tool of Dreams!

The approval flow works really with all my clients who find it’s simple and easy to navigate. The new Zapier integration with Pocket has definitely helped refine my curated content process.

Pros

ContentCal is really visual, it’s easy to see what’s going out and when, what’s approved and what still needs work. It’s super easy to update posts and move them around the calendar by a simple drag & drop.

Cons

More analytics and a GIF library would be marvellous!

What’s not to love!

If I’ve ever had a problem or concern the ContentCal customer service team have been fantastic!

Pros

I love how user friendly ContentCal is. I mainly use it for scheduling on Twitter and it works like a dream. Enables me to plan my content in advance as well as schedule it.

Cons

Would love to be able to tag people and companies on LinkedIn as well as @ mention people on images on Twitter.

ContentCal