• Pros

• "features are easy to use, program. Amazing customer service, campaign test options are easy"

• "Super easy to use. Love how I can add as many images as I need. Great ability to edit the images inside of dotmailer."

• "Great tool for segmenting different email groups and setting up automatic trigger email campaigns so we can really target the exact customer we want to reach. "

• Cons

• "Although the email templates are easy to use, I wish there was a little more customization available."

• "The training videos could be better. Platform enhancements often occur without notification or detailed instruction. Support is good."

• "It's rather expensive. Unfortunately we have a very large catalog so the cost to sync this data to Dotmailer is quite high."

Browse dotdigital Engagement Cloud Reviews

Jennifer from International House of Prayer Kansas City

As a new user of the Dotmailer software, I quickly found that it is user-friendly and robust .

I was quickly able to build my skill in creation of emails, reach a wider audience, and push relevant content to the email list.

Pros

I enjoy the drag-and-drop campaign builder and segmentation that are offered, I find that our organization can go back regularly to templates and rebuild similarly styled emails. I also find that Dotmailer helps us reach our audience in the most sophisticated way through Programs that are uniquely tailored to the email subscriber.

Cons

I would like for there to be a few tweaks to the address book and segment functionality. I feel in some ways the system requires you to choose one or the other, when I'd like to be able to use a segment vs. an address book. I also would like it to be easier to select campaigns in the segment builder-- i.e. pin selected campaigns at the top.

Naomi from First City Monument Bank Limited

Brilliant mailing platform.

Pros

I like the Dotmailer support team , they were very helpful while we first began using this solution and they have been helpful at every step during these past few months.As a sales and marketing specialist ; I was able to reference the Dotmailer support team approach to my team ,as an example of how to provide effective product support to users. I have got very little knowledge of html and I have been able to use this solution to create newsletters still ,all thanks to their easy editor which removes the need to leverage on a programming background to get work done. I must admit though ,that for my marketing colleagues who have got a better programming knowledge ; they create better newsletter templates than I do. It has an high email delivery ratio and we are able to monitor the number of recipients who opened our newsletter emails.

Cons

Dotmailer pricing is on the high side when compared with substitute products.However , with the amount of quality support we have gotten so far ; it does not matter ,as far as it keeps getting the job done for us.

Judson from ODD. New York

A great platform, if this was 2009 and not 2017

A lesson in vetting platforms that claim to be solutions more thoroughly before proceeding. Other than that, I cannot think of another benefit.

Pros

The analytics on each email campaign. It is nice to get a visual report following the performance of the email campaign.

Cons

Other than the campaign reports, I have a problem with just about everything else with this platform, particularly the customer service but I suppose that that is not the question here. The platform itself is wildly outdated, seemingly by intention because they will offer you custom templates but with an extremely high cost and they will request that you fill out so much information that you've already done half of the work for them. The drag-and-drop feature is not unique in 2017, which I see is the most frequent positive thing others have to say about it, but the fact that there is no auto-save is absolutely absurd. The platform is also buggy when trying to adjust background colors and with editing photos post-upload. Raising issues to customer service only led to them pointing fingers at me for supposedly not knowing how to use the product and not even once led to a solution.

Samantha from Vapor4Life, Inc

Best Emailing Software

Pros

The ease of use. Setting up the design of emails is super easy compared to other softwares I've used. When I used Bronto Iwould have to set up the template using code. But on dotmailer I can easily drag and drop photos and text wherever I please and can quickly adjust colors, boarders, and spacing. It also has unique dynamic content options allowing you to pull things from your site and display them on the email. My favorite dynamic content feature is how you are able to have images/text change depending on who is opening the email. I often would send out offers with domestic only shipping and a separate one for international shipping, but using dotmailer I can have these both in the same email but depending on where I customer is located they see the offer relevant to them.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Dotmailer is that when sending an email to a specific group of contacts you are unable to choose another group of contacts to exclude from the send. (So overlapping contacts won't receive an email)

Sean from Lineup Systems

Works great for my marketing team!

This is the end all be all of email campaign management for my medium sized company. We use Dot Digital every single day to track our new leads and put them through our nurture cycle. I can whole heartedly say that without this platform my marketing team would be lost. If you are looking for a way to manage your address books and email campaigns this is where you should stop your search.

Pros

The ability to track your email campaigns Super easy to use overall Ranking leads by email engagement has been critical to our business The ability to export the lists to Excell make marketing meetings a breeze Really great for managing address books and targeting segments

Cons

When you export the data to excel it exports the file to a .csv by default and in this scenario it is possible that you will lose data more often than if the file were exported as .xls file. However, this seems like a very simple fix and may simply be dependent upon user preference and the software your company works with outside of Dot Digital.

Yusra from PricewaterhouseCoopers

A MUST BUY SOFTWARE!

The landing page builder makes it really easy to build nicely designed landing pages that helps our lead generation campaigns. We are utilizing DotMailer to market to the emails we gather at events which we were unable to reach before.

Pros

The interface design is clean and organized making it easy to find what you're looking for. Dotmailer s extremely flexible, it allows creating complex layouts on emails without sacrificing client cross-compatibility too much. The best feature offered by Dotmailer is Email Automation Programs. My organization was able to set up a Welcome email series for different people. The easy editor makes creating emails fun. Great customer service from support. the cost is extremely fair and the account managers are really great.

Cons

Would like to be able to choose a group to send to while at the same time choosing another group to not send to so that any overlapping emails would not get the email. Other than this, NONE. A MUST BUY!

The Best Customer Support

It has been amazing! Their customer support has been bar none! Everytime I have a question someone is a quick chat away and if it's more in depth a ticket is promptly made and taken care of.

Pros

The platform is intuitive and easy to use. The email templates are drag and drop and the possibilities you can do with programs are endless.

Mackenzie from Cardinal Advisors

Have not used to the full extent, but full of capabilities

Pros

The most used function of dotmailer for our organization currently is the automation. Using Facebook primarily for leads, it is nice that we can link up these systems to hit leads in their email right when we get them. We are going to start using dotmailer for newsletters and such, but this requires a little more learning on their site which I have just not had time to do yet. I do like designing emails in dotmailer, and once you have a basic format, it is pretty seamless.

Cons

It does take a little time to learn. We originally got dotmailer because it was recommend by a consultant we were working with. We are no longer working with this consultant, so the system was passed onto me. Since I was not working with it in the beginning, there was a learners curve in adjusting to a new email system. I have not yet set up our website leads to automatically go into the dotmailer system as it seems like this can be a process that might take a little more time. I wish dotmailer paired a little easier with CRMs and other sites, such as word press, just to save a little time.

Mark from In-Shape Health Clubs

My dotdigital Review

It has gotten the job and then some, however, we selected this tool because our CRM developer told us we had to. Otherwise, highly likely we would have gone with another player.

Pros

- Ease of building emails - Ease of managing contacts

Cons

- Some offerings are siloed to certain parts of the system (i.e. countdown clock) - One-off emails & triggered email separation is a bit clunky - The account manager is not incredibly helpful/insightful

Murray from Accelerando Ltd.

Good software spoilt by arrogant company attitude

Dotmailer used to be great software, leading the way with WYSIWYG editors and simple automation and segmentation tools. Over the past 2-3 years, others have caught up and overtaken Dotmailer. Their response is to focus on large companies with big budgets, as a result of which they have priced themselves out of the market for smaller businesses. When dealing with anyone except tech support, the attitude is often extremely arrogant and unhelpful. There's other software available that does the same thing, with better support.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive interface Great features - although many of these are very expensive add-ons Automation Superb technical support

Cons

Unhelpful and incompetent client managers Very expensive compared to similar products Lack of interest in SMEs Unwillingness to write connectors to other software packages

leticia from imperial industrial supply

Easy to navigate and create campaigns. Wish it worked better with magento 2.

We were able to send out more emails due to the easy use of the software. Wish other things were improved.

Pros

easy to use. makes it simple for a person who is not very technical to send emails. support is good but only if the same tech person helps you out, seems like if they are not well informed it takes forever to get the help you need. at first our plan was well structured for our needs at the moment however as you grow it seems to be way more difficult to upgrade without having to more then triple your costs. they do not cap your images, so you can add as many images and files sizes you want. other companies like bronto charge you for extra space to upload images. this can be a problem since one day you will have to go into your image archive and delete old images that were used in past emails. so if a customer has your email in the inbox and you delete your images it will display a broken link. campaign reporting is another cool feature but it seems like the company still doesn't really have a good accurate reporting as google analytics so its kinda pointless to have reporting in their platform if they do not have accurate reporting. if you are looking for a platform like this, I suggest you get a plan that allows room for growth. for promoters that like using emojis in their subject lines, this company does offer a good amount of different icons. AB testing is really easy to implement as well. Switching and managing multiple accounts is also easy to use. their mobile features are cool, but are not always coded to adjust to where things don't break or look odd in the emails.

Cons

the platform does not do a good job notifying you if your emails are failing or if data is failing to be collected from orders or customers. Can go months without knowing if something is not working.

Good email marketing platform for a reasonable price

Dotmailer helped us send much more effective marketing campaign emails. Audience segmentation is easier than before. We're now sending personalized triggered campaigns to customers. Our transactional emails are now templated and much easier to update. Emails view better on mobile devices. Company was overall pleasant to work with through onboarding process.

Pros

Full-featured email platform at a cost lower than most competitors. UI is straightforward and functional, relatively fast. I don't have much trouble finding what I'm looking for. Onboarding, knowledge base, and technical support meant I learned the platform pretty quickly. Technical support has always replied quickly and is usually helpful. Program builder for triggered emails is easy to use, and powerful. Segmentation tool works well. Able to template and send all our transactional emails at no additional cost.

Cons

Reporting could be improved. We can't figure out how to link to our Google Analytics account. Easyeditor for emails is OK. Would prefer something more robust with more even more features. Sometimes pages load slow through the UI.

Rudy from Implant Direct

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent Email Automation for Magento

If you are looking for a simple to use email automation system with Magento, it is probably one of the top choice. However if you are handy and like to create your own logic and unique segmentation from your email interaction, it may not be sophisticated enough.

Pros

It works well if you are using Magento as your e-commerce platform. It is easy to use and the integration logic with Magento is very simple to execute. The package also comes with survey forms, SMS and ability to create landing pages. If you are new to email automation, this system may be a good start to get you familiar with logics and scheduling.

Cons

The integration is nice to setup, however it may slow down the overall system. If you like to run various dynamic values, the system may give up (you will receive email from the admin if "your campaign has been cancelled"). The issue is there is no warning when you setup the logic if it may cause issue. It just happens when you set the schedule and let it runs. Another issue is the survey form only allows you to send the acknowledgment to 1 email address only. Lastly the system integration to other platform is not as fluid as to Magento . It claims if it works with Salesforce, Shopify etc. However they are limited on data integration and capabilities.

James from AIP Publishing

Overall, I personally enjoy Dotmailer's interface and functionalities. I think it is easy to use.

Pros

- Dotmailer's drag and drop functions - Segments are easy to use - Easy Landing Page editing - Easy survey creation - Speed has increased since I started using it nearly 2 years ago - Customer support is fantastic

Cons

- There are many bugs. Many times when editing text from the design interface, the text spacing will be thrown off. - I also strongly dislike the new 18one release. The percentages are not rounded unless you compare them with another campaign. I think that the number of emails delivered should be under the number of emails sent. Soft bounces and hard bounces are not as easy to find. When you click "view more" under any field in the "At a glance" menu, it just takes you to a list of people which I don't think is very useful. - Landing page reporting tab doesn't really show you any report, just number of views - I personally would like to see a functionality where you could see test send history so you can see who has been a sent a test and when they were sent.

Anne from Machine

Create great-looking responsive emails without knowing CSS/HTML

Pros

Don't know CSS? HTML a little rusty? No problem. The email editor in dotmailer will let you create gorgeous, personalized, responsive emails with an easy drag-and-drop interface. I should qualify all of this by saying that we purchased the Silver package for custom email template first, and developed all future emails and templates from that starting point. Favorite feature: the ability to save sections of any email and then drag and drop them into future emails. Other things you will love: robust reporting, highly visual interface for automation workflows and quick and simple personalization. If you primarily need a tool for email (including automation), I don't think you will find a better platform.

Cons

At the time we were using it, you really needed to integrate with your own CRM. The built in CRM features were primarily useful for personalizing user info tokens like name and company. If you wanted to personalize based on the last page the user "liked," you were out of luck. It's possible that's changed. Customer service was a little spotty at times.

Stephanie from ChutingStar

It's only as powerful as your ability to use it

Originally, we thought it was terrible. We wanted to quit and felt it was too expensive. Oddly - and by accident - we found where all of these people were signing up to subscribe to our newsletter and we didn't know it. We are small and reliant on one person to know how to do those things and it was eye opening for us. As soon as we figured out what was going on, both my husband and I began to play with it a little more and enjoyed coming up with campaigns and ideas. The power is really knowing the ins and outs of the application.

Pros

For us (small online retailer), we love the ability to craft targeted emails based on what the customer is buying or is sitting in their cart. We were also able to use it to ask customers for business and product reviews.

Cons

I would like the Segment creation to be a little more intuitive. If I want to send a targeted group of customers an email to remind them to review, the field you use is confusing and you can just say - pick x group who purchased 7 days ago, you have to do something like 7 days but exclude those 6 days or fewer. I was also using last purchase date as suggested by support but when I spoke to our account manager it was a completely different field.

Travis from Sharp Commerce

Comprehensive feature set, great upgrade from Chimp!

Magento integration, segmentation and advanced subscriber targeting.

Pros

The Magento integration is terrific, you can really give your subscribers email offers tailored to their interests. That's such a crucial part of email marketing. The added bonus of the surveys and module/opt-in forms are amazing for a product in this price range. Listrak is charging one of my clients 20k/yr extra for some of the features baked into Dotmailer. I'll be moving them over to DM soon.

Cons

Once in a while I have some integration issues or glitches but support has been very responsive. Most of the common featureset works flawlessly.

Carly from SeaBear Company

Easy to Use Editor, Endless Custom Targeting Options

Pros

I love the Easy Editor. That is where I work the most creating the visual aspects of the campaign so this is really important to me. Moving things around is very intuitive and yet allows for complex designs. I love that I can create personal building blocks, so that I can duplicate a design from one campaign to the next without having to redo everything. It makes your own content reusable.

Cons

The revenue reporting is buried in the reports. In other email software, it's right up there with opens, clicks, etc. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many people opened my email if I can't see how much revenue the campaign made. Other email software shows revenue much better.

Plays well with Magento 2 and is relatively inexpensive but lacks bells & whistles other ESPs have

for basic blast campaigns it works fine and integrates pretty easily with Magento.

Pros

Integrates well with Magento 2, relatively straightforward workflow tool and WYSIWIG email editing. Creating custom segments is fairly straightforward too.

Cons

Needs better personalization options. Lacks machine learning for customer segments & LTV tools which other ESPs like Listrak and Emarsys have. Very poor implementation of time-of-day optimization feature -- you still can't schedule an optimized send in advance which makes the feature essentially useless in practice.

Rustan from SeaBear Wild Salmon

We love Dotmailer. It's easy to use, cost-effective, and has the features that benefit our company.

Pros

List segmentation and data gathering make it easy for us to target the people who are most likely to buy. The development team works hard to continuously improve the platform, so there are lots of new features with each release, so it feels like it's never getting stagnant or underperforming from other platforms on the market.

Cons

My only disappointment was in onboarding we weren't brought up to speed on best practices in "warming up" our list, so we destroyed our sender reputation, had to start over, and still probably didn't do it quite right. Intense training upfront on this subject would be most helpful to new users.

Fielding from PoolZoom.com

Great

Increase in orders

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use. Drag and drop editor makes it easy to get new people up and running with making email content for us. Program builder is pretty sick also.

Cons

Currently? I want the WebInsights record to track the ID of the products viewed, and give me a DM variable to get with an Magento2 EDC link soooo i can send dynamic browser abandonment emails like the big boys. Trying to come with with a hacky way to do this... but keep running into road blocks.

Sean from PBP

Very pleasent

Pros

easy to use email design feature. I can design and personalize my emails without the support of a creative department.

Cons

testing features. I would like to perform a 50/50 split on the entire mailing effort. Dotmailer only has an A/B test split up to a certain percentage, then the winning effort is sent to remainder of list. I know there are ways around this but they are not convenient. Give an option to split 100% of the entire list.

Susan from CLM

I've been a DotMailer user for years, and have found this system to be one of the most reliable.

Pros

Ease of use, and reliability. I like the automation features. Support is readily available. Well priced.

Cons

I'd like an easier way to resubscribe people from the unsubscribed list. We have people forget they unsubscribed, and getting them back into the system is a lot of work. Also, we're having issues on how emails look when we forward them. The formatting gets all wonky.

Dotmailer Success

Coming from an almost zero experience with email marketing, engaging Dotmailer has helped us see our best growth year to date.

Pros

We really enjoyed the ease of setting up campaigns after we learned how to. It's been a very useful tool in expanding our reach.

Cons

Some limitations on quantity of campaigns, and some of the custom complexities are a bit cumbersome to learn.

Excellent Experience!

Pros

Easy to use and made our business move at a lightning pace. We increased conversion beyond what we ever had done in the past.

Cons

Updating contact lists can be cumbersome. It would be much easier if we could just make mass update to contact lists without having to export and re-import them. For example, if you upload a list of Joe's contacts and then want them to all be individually tagged with Jane instead, you would have to export The List, change everyone's rep to Jane, and then import The List again.

Simon from Eight Days a Week Print Solutions

Industry: Printing

Email Marketing Managed.

Pros

I cannot sing the praises of Dotmailer enough, by far the best email marketing tool out there. All our outbound promotional email marketing is managed through the portal along with several of our clients too

Cons

Not being able to create our own bespoke auto responses without contacting Dotmailer themselves to do it.

Chris from Scosche Industries

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Powerful with Some Flaws

dotmailer is a great platform that allows for some powerful means of mass messaging/emailing. It took my company quite some time to get onboarded because of the degree of difficulty in setting up the automated campaigns. It would be highly recommended if the interface was cleaned up a bit and the overall UX was better.

Pros

dotmailer has the ability to do most of what you will need out of a marketing automation platform. It can send automated campaigns via email, SMS message and even Facebook Messenger. Once the programs are up and running it is a powerful tool in a company's marketing mix.

Cons

There are two areas that need some improvement. The first is the overall UX. The interface is clunky and sometimes difficult to navigate. Once a user gets a feel for it things get easier, but anytime there's a new functionality I need to explore it takes some time to get the proper feel for it.

Jeff from Greenworks Tools

A great tool that's simplified my life as a digital marketing professional.

Pros

The user interface is simple to use and offers a great user experience when building email campaigns. The tools provided to build email campaigns make those of us without a design background look like a genius. The drag and drop features make building custom templates a breeze. The simplicity of the interface shouldn't distract from the powerful software that allows for automation email programs. The customer service is second to none. A top notch support team quickly identifies and resolves any issues. Our customer success manager analyzes our campaigns and provides helpful insights to make each one more effective.

Cons

Until the recent upgrade, the reporting feature left room for improvement. The new version of reporting has a better interface and more robust features and better analytics.

Overall Dotmailer is an extremely user friendly platform. It also helps that their team is helpful!

The Marketing Automation program has been amazing in building our email subscriber list over the past year!

Pros

The drag and drop ability. and the analytics dashboard. Those two features make building emails and analyzing data super easy.

Cons

I wish we had the ability to add multiple links to one image. Being that I work for a makeup company, we push images of models wearing makeup. It would be nice if I could have the lips of the model link to lipsticks and the brows to push to our eyebrow products etc.

Claire from Johnson Health Tech NA

Easy to use with great support.

Pros

It's intuitive and powerful. I can build an automated program to do anything I can imagine with my contacts. The only limits are within the quality of my own data or imagination. If I'm ever stuck on what to do I can get a knowledgable rep on chat within seconds to help.

Cons

The integration with Magento 2.0 leaves something to be desired. It does not pull in sale prices (only MSRP) and it's glitchy to modify the product blocks that pull in dynamic content.

Reliable

Pros

This is a great application for building e-mails. It's so easy to drag and drop in codes and attachments. The preview feature is also amazing. I love knowing what my customers will see. That's a huge plus to getting their attention and looking professional also. The e-mail automation programs are a life-saver! I could go on for days!

Cons

There are a couple features that are missing but I'm sure they will catch up and take care of that!

Rushi from Toronto Vaporizers ( Tvape)

Dotmailer is Amazing for your Business and Conversion

Pros

I like the Overall Functionality. The best part is its Now dotmailers is a part of the Magento. As an ecommerce that is always a advantage to use the Inbuilt functions.

Cons

Integration with other Software like Optionmonster and some other makes troubles.

Competitive pricing, flexible API works with our custom CRM, responsive customer support

Much better email personalization.

Pros

Includes most features competitors offer but at a lower cost. GUI is straightforward and easy to learn. Good API support that works with our custom CRM. Customer support replies quickly and always seems knowledgeable. Online knowledgebase is comprehensive. Campaign reporting was recently improved.

Cons

WYSIWYG email editor is sometimes cumbersome to use. Tracking sales results requires linking the account to Google Analytics, would prefer something built-in. Servers based in the UK caused some timestamp issues for our US-based business.

Corey from Northern Commerce Inc.

Great ESP for Mid-Market eCommerce

It is a great platform for mid-market eCommerce companies, or even non-eCommerce companies that are looking for a more advanced feature set, such as automation, integration with platforms like Magento, Shopify, and BigCommerce. It is comparable to a Klaviyo platform.

Pros

- Robust feature set compared to SMB platforms like MailChimp or Campaign Monitor - Easy(ish) to use email template builder - Good support

Cons

- Have had more issues with deliverability than some other platforms, nothing too major though - With a more complex platform it is naturally harder to use, however that is unavoidable - There are some limitations with respect to user behaviour data storage limits

Very good, when we are experiencing issues, it doesn't matter the day or hour, the support team help

Pros

Its drag and drop feature is very helpful, also saving templates is another feature i like about the program.

Cons

reporting are to general, i wish the report could be seen by a specific time frame, this helps check how our users react to our emails in the long run.

mark from Deborah Lippmann

good platform features, good value

Pros

Dotmailer features are very competitive and their pricing model is better than those in the competitive landscape.

Cons

Advanced email software and easy to use

Pros

Amazing features and functionality like split testing, geolocation reports, dynamic content and easy to use templates.

Cons

It is expensive when you start integrating the product with your own CRM system as you have to pay a separate synching fee.

Melissa from Indigo Workplace Communication

Easy to implement, love the triggered campaigns and scheduling features

Pros

The main purpose for looking into dotmailer was the integration with Magento This was the main email marketing platform that seemed to work best with our needs with Magento and Salesforce. The implementation team was excellent in their support and testing between both applications and I had complete confidence in their ability!

Cons

Very little to dislike. Would just like the ability to select a campaign to work on and not always have to choose that campaign everytime I work on emails in that campaign. Seems an easy default to add.

Melanie from Penguin Patch

Best i've used, but does need some updating.

Pros

Cons

Need better feedback on bounces and then a solution on how we can fix those. Spam check should be included in price too.

Jeff from K-Log

Industry: Furniture

Much easier to use than our previous email editor and the Preview options are a great help to view o

It made creating email campaigns much easier.

Pros

Ease of use and Preview functions. The editor's drag and drop function is quick and easy to assemble a campaign from scratch. The in-program image editor allows for quick resizing and tweaking of individual images, without the need to export to an external program and re-import the re-edited image. Customer support has been great!

Cons

Limited font point sizes (without going into the html code). There is no place to add notes or comments about a campaign when sending a test to someone.

Chante from Self-Employed

Dotmailer does a great job!

I use Dotmailer to stay in contact with our clients current and new. I love using the automation feature to get our surveys out with out several steps.

Pros

The ease of use if what I like the most about the software. I can build a campiagn quickly and easily.

Cons

I would like it if the learning curve for the automation was a bit smaller. It took me awhile to get the hang of how the design feature works.

Christen from SuperATV

Easy to use, but wish there was more cross functionality

Pros

It is very easy to use... just drag and drop. The pre-done work flows help out a lot when trying to set up new triggered emails.

Cons

You are not able to add in a background image, the emails sent out look boxy and not modern. The only way to accomplish a modern design it to create images of the whole email that ultimately gets put in the junk bin due to the amount of images.

Great tool for growing businesses

It is great, I have a connector from Magento to Dotmailer, it then allows me to use that data in ways I could not manage if I had to try to do it manually​.

Pros

It is easy to use, customer support is fantastic, I have a meeting every Tuesday morning to make sure I am getting the most out of the platform. Our company can now have the marketing feel of a bigger company​ that is helping us grow.

Cons

I would say time to go live, but that was on us. Support has resolved every issue, even when the roadblock was some custom code on our end. Win win

Stacey from Implant Direct US a Danaher company

Industry: Medical Devices

Dotmailer is EASY PEASY!

Dotmailer has enabled us to connect our CRM system with our webstore (magento) tool. It has made segmenting easy and seemless. Love it!

Pros

The software is easy to use and the drop and drag features make this simple for anyone to learn. I can create a new template in minutes.

Cons

Not much to be honest. I have not had any issues with it so can't really say anything negative.

a breath of fresh air

The main issue was the platform itself. We used to run our emails using an outdated email platform (crowd goes "how outdated is it?") ... So outdated that the only way it could run successfully was on classic Internet Explorer with ActiveX controls enabled. Meaning whenever had to be sent out, you will have to fire up a Windows 7 virtual machine that was solely used, to send out marketing emails. And in days when we were in a pinch, and something had to go out immediately, and there was not time to fire up the VM… We had to code the email on sublime text, then copy/paste onto the editor itself… Which was quite laborious. Let's just say dotmailer solved the usability issue very well

Pros

Mostly it's about customer service. Dotmailer has always met us halfway in being communicative and thorough with us when it comes to providing the solutions to our requests and helping us getting acclimated to the features. It's this kind of tailor-made customer service, that has allowed us to be able to become more acclimated with the system that has allowed us to reach to our constituents and corporate partners with some of the most professional and well-thought marketing campaigns I've seen in years. I also want to give a special tip of the hat to support team from dotmailer.

Cons

That we did not discover the service sooner :)

Taylor from Whole Latte Love

easy, exciting, valuable, and fun!

800% increase in revenue from abandoned carts, compared to our old program Simple and easy segmentation and no need to manually segment people in an excel sheet.

Pros

The level of segmentation you can get down to is amazing and beneficial. Segmentation has proven to be a huge success for us in our emails. The program feature because you can set up many programs and and let them run right away with no hassle. With our past software, we had to manually send a lot of things including abandoned carts and review requests, and it was a long process. The integration of Magento is fantastic. Our dotmailer contact is very responsive and fast when we have questions--sometimes she answers within 3 minutes! That level of customer help is great.

Cons

The logic behind the programs sometimes gets tricky to understand. Luckily our dotmailer rep can normally help with this.

Basiirat from IROKO Partners Limited

Dotmailer drivers our email marketing campaigns.

We use Dotmailer to maintain a close relationship with our customers via emails,even when they are not currently patronizing us. Ensuring they will always have us in mind.

Pros

We migrated to Dotmailer from Bronto late last year and the difference was immediately clear. Dotmailer provides a clean and organized user interface making it very intuitive and thus helpful for users, especially new users. I love the drag and drop email creation feature and this makes it easier for us to create our weekly newsletter as against having to create newsletters from scratch. The option to send sms to our contacts is an added bonus for Dotmailer.

Cons

I sometime experience Lag on the Dotmailer website. Also when working on newsletters,it will be great for work to be autosaved,ensuring if I suddenly get disconnected from the internet ; I do not need to start all over again.

Rony from Souris Mini

Great tool

Pros

Dotmailer is very flexible and you will have a lot of options for your e-mail campaigns.

Cons

The cost of course. Its not for everyone and especially if you have a large e-mail base.

Dotmailer Allows Us To Automate Our Email Marketing Campaigns!

Automated email marketing campaigns.

Pros

We recently switched from another service to Dotmailer because it allowed us to connect it to our shopping cart and build automated programs that send emails out to users depending on certain criteria. We were able to easily build a program that monitors abandoned carts and post-purchase follow ups.

Great Software With Expansive Capabilites

The dotmailer team is exceptional. Really responsive and easy to work with.

Pros

I love the automation features. The more you use it, the more advanced and creative you can get. We have already tripled the amount of emails we send but decreased the work in 1/2.

Cons

It does require a developer to implement into your site, do datafield building, and make sure your email code is clean. Dotmailer does have a creative team that can assist with email design for an added fee.