Dotdigital Software Reviews

Dotdigital Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"I like the recommended templates that come in Dotmailer. We are excited to implement triggered campaigns."
  • icon"The ability to track your email campaigns. Super easy to use overall."
  • icon"The Magento integration is terrific, you can really give your subscribers email offers tailored to their interests. That's such a crucial part of email marketing."
  • icon"Problem re-subscribing customers who unsubscribed in the past due to strict spam control."
  • icon"The only thing I dislike about Dotmailer is that when sending an email to a specific group of contacts you are unable to choose another group of contacts to exclude from the send."
  • icon"There was not much support when it came to automation. I set up an automation that the service rep said looked correct, but it does not work the way it needs to."

Browse all Dotdigital Reviews

• Have you used Dotdigital and would like to share your experience with others?

Sean

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

March 2022

Works great for my marketing team!

As a new user of the Dotmailer software, I quickly found that it is user-friendly and robust .

I was quickly able to build my skill in creation of emails, reach a wider audience, and push relevant content to the email list.

Pros

I enjoy the drag-and-drop campaign builder and segmentation that are offered, I find that our organization can go back regularly to templates and rebuild similarly styled emails. I also find that Dotmailer helps us reach our audience in the most sophisticated way through Programs that are uniquely tailored to the email subscriber.

Cons

I would like for there to be a few tweaks to the address book and segment functionality. I feel in some ways the system requires you to choose one or the other, when I'd like to be able to use a segment vs. an address book. I also would like it to be easier to select campaigns in the segment builder-- i.e. pin selected campaigns at the top.

Katie

Industry: Performing Arts

November 2022

Integration with ticketing software is useful, but overall could use some improvements

Pros

I like the ability to make templates. I like how customizable the software is as well. I also like that Dot Digital integrates with our ticketing software; it makes communicating with our ticket buyers simpler.

Cons

I don't like how difficult the photos section is to navigate within the email editor. It would be nice if you could search your photos in the sidebar instead of having to go to "manage." I also think the software could be more user-friendly. The ability to customize as much as you can is nice, but you have to be very comfortable with the software to get it to do what you want and some of our staff members have some difficulty with it. I also don't like when the system times out, but still allows you to make edits. I only know I've timed out when I go to save and it tells me to log in again, but then I lose all my progress. I also don't like that if I copy a template, I can't get back to the page to edit the subject line and forwarding emails.

Reasons for switching to Dotdigital

We switched because Dot Digital integrates directly with our ticketing software, Spektrix.

Industry: Printing

Careful of the rolling 2yr contract

Not good. Found the software clunky and hard to use. GUI not the best.

Pros

Integration for Magento 2 took nearly 2 weeks to do. Something i did myself in 15 minutes with Klaviyo.

Cons

The fact you are put into a 2yr rolling contract (this was never mentioned during the sale) If your software is good, then why do you feel that you have to tie people into it?

Reasons for choosing Dotdigital

Was sold by presentation and the sales pitch. Not so sold when i started using it. We quickly switched.

Reasons for switching to Dotdigital

Looking for something different with a better Magento 2 integration.

September 2022

Excellent Software for Email Marketing

Overall experience was good. Best software for data testing and sending in email marketing.

Pros

I'm using this software from last 2 years and i found its features very interesting and helpful. It's a brilliant software for customer engagement in digital marketing and email marketing. It's has best feature like messages, data testing, sending to customer, auto replies extra.

Cons

I find the price issue in that software, overall there are some features which should be updated. Hopefully, new version has some new features.

Reasons for choosing Dotdigital

I found this more efficient, diligent and helpful over my previous software.

Reasons for switching to Dotdigital

I can't find the software more efficient over dot digital according to my work.

Ade

February 2022

Great Email Marketing Tool - Not impressed with Support

We used the platform to target audiences with well-tailored content at the right time, and also create automations that truly work.

Pros

It is a very great email marketing platform with drag and drop email builder plus great templates too. The interface is very clean and easy to use. Even a complete newbie can create an impressive email campaign with Dotdigital

Cons

There was a time we needed to speak with a member of the support team to resolve a pressing issue but it took a long time to resolve it. Asides that, I have no dislikes while using the platform for email marketing.

Naomi

Brilliant mailing platform.

Pros

I like the Dotmailer support team , they were very helpful while we first began using this solution and they have been helpful at every step during these past few months.As a sales and marketing specialist ; I was able to reference the Dotmailer support team approach to my team ,as an example of how to provide effective product support to users. I have got very little knowledge of html and I have been able to use this solution to create newsletters still ,all thanks to their easy editor which removes the need to leverage on a programming background to get work done. I must admit though ,that for my marketing colleagues who have got a better programming knowledge ; they create better newsletter templates than I do. It has an high email delivery ratio and we are able to monitor the number of recipients who opened our newsletter emails.

Cons

Dotmailer pricing is on the high side when compared with substitute products.However , with the amount of quality support we have gotten so far ; it does not matter ,as far as it keeps getting the job done for us.

Mohammad

June 2022

Excellent campaign management and engagement platform

Pros

- It is very easy to use with great UX/UI. -Drag and drop builder for landing pages and emails -Support is another great thing about dotdigital -Straightforward marketing automation, nothing too complicated -I like how easy it is to segment the data (audiences) -Great for AB testing campaigns

Cons

-Does require a little of knowledge for CSS for managing custom designs -Very basic forms -It is expensive as compared to other competitors providing high-quality features and competitive pricing than dotdigital -Limitations on customization for the reports

Sean

Works great for my marketing team!

This is the end all be all of email campaign management for my medium sized company. We use Dot Digital every single day to track our new leads and put them through our nurture cycle. I can whole heartedly say that without this platform my marketing team would be lost. If you are looking for a way to manage your address books and email campaigns this is where you should stop your search.

Pros

The ability to track your email campaigns Super easy to use overall Ranking leads by email engagement has been critical to our business The ability to export the lists to Excell make marketing meetings a breeze Really great for managing address books and targeting segments

Cons

When you export the data to excel it exports the file to a .csv by default and in this scenario it is possible that you will lose data more often than if the file were exported as .xls file. However, this seems like a very simple fix and may simply be dependent upon user preference and the software your company works with outside of Dot Digital.

Orrick

Industry: Performing Arts

November 2022

Intimidating at First, But Essential to Email Marketing

Pros

Dotdigital makes it super easy to create and edit email templates. The software also provides previews of different devices, and media integration is seamless. Another feature I find helpful is the test send option. I can send emails to myself for preview, which eliminates the anxiety of hoping everything is formatted correctly.

Cons

If you are building a template, it can get a bit tedious as there as so many options with Dotdigital, and this can be overwhelming. Also, the website will "time out" after a certain period of time, so be aware of that while creating an email. (e.g., You hit save, and the website reloads to the home screen--whatever work you had is gone!)

Rhaisa

September 2022

Necessário

Pros

É fácil de entender e muito intuitivo, o help center realmente ajuda com os passo a passo do processo. Todas as informações que traz das campanha e afins são completas e auxiliam muito nas métricas e ideias para próximas campanhas.

Cons

O suporte "pessoa" deles" deixou a desejar, porém eles tem um help center com tutoriais que ajuda muito. Mas quem não entende inglês vai sofrer um pouco.

leticia

Easy to navigate and create campaigns. Wish it worked better with magento 2.

We were able to send out more emails due to the easy use of the software. Wish other things were improved.

Pros

easy to use. makes it simple for a person who is not very technical to send emails. support is good but only if the same tech person helps you out, seems like if they are not well informed it takes forever to get the help you need. at first our plan was well structured for our needs at the moment however as you grow it seems to be way more difficult to upgrade without having to more then triple your costs. they do not cap your images, so you can add as many images and files sizes you want. other companies like bronto charge you for extra space to upload images. this can be a problem since one day you will have to go into your image archive and delete old images that were used in past emails. so if a customer has your email in the inbox and you delete your images it will display a broken link. campaign reporting is another cool feature but it seems like the company still doesn't really have a good accurate reporting as google analytics so its kinda pointless to have reporting in their platform if they do not have accurate reporting. if you are looking for a platform like this, I suggest you get a plan that allows room for growth. for promoters that like using emojis in their subject lines, this company does offer a good amount of different icons. AB testing is really easy to implement as well. Switching and managing multiple accounts is also easy to use. their mobile features are cool, but are not always coded to adjust to where things don't break or look odd in the emails.

Cons

the platform does not do a good job notifying you if your emails are failing or if data is failing to be collected from orders or customers. Can go months without knowing if something is not working.

Good email marketing platform for a reasonable price

Dotmailer helped us send much more effective marketing campaign emails. Audience segmentation is easier than before. We're now sending personalized triggered campaigns to customers. Our transactional emails are now templated and much easier to update. Emails view better on mobile devices. Company was overall pleasant to work with through onboarding process.

Pros

Full-featured email platform at a cost lower than most competitors. UI is straightforward and functional, relatively fast. I don't have much trouble finding what I'm looking for. Onboarding, knowledge base, and technical support meant I learned the platform pretty quickly. Technical support has always replied quickly and is usually helpful. Program builder for triggered emails is easy to use, and powerful. Segmentation tool works well. Able to template and send all our transactional emails at no additional cost.

Cons

Reporting could be improved. We can't figure out how to link to our Google Analytics account. Easyeditor for emails is OK. Would prefer something more robust with more even more features. Sometimes pages load slow through the UI.

Rudy

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent Email Automation for Magento

If you are looking for a simple to use email automation system with Magento, it is probably one of the top choice. However if you are handy and like to create your own logic and unique segmentation from your email interaction, it may not be sophisticated enough.

Pros

It works well if you are using Magento as your e-commerce platform. It is easy to use and the integration logic with Magento is very simple to execute. The package also comes with survey forms, SMS and ability to create landing pages. If you are new to email automation, this system may be a good start to get you familiar with logics and scheduling.

Cons

The integration is nice to setup, however it may slow down the overall system. If you like to run various dynamic values, the system may give up (you will receive email from the admin if "your campaign has been cancelled"). The issue is there is no warning when you setup the logic if it may cause issue. It just happens when you set the schedule and let it runs. Another issue is the survey form only allows you to send the acknowledgment to 1 email address only. Lastly the system integration to other platform is not as fluid as to Magento . It claims if it works with Salesforce, Shopify etc. However they are limited on data integration and capabilities.

Overall, I personally enjoy Dotmailer's interface and functionalities. I think it is easy to use.

Pros

- Dotmailer's drag and drop functions - Segments are easy to use - Easy Landing Page editing - Easy survey creation - Speed has increased since I started using it nearly 2 years ago - Customer support is fantastic

Cons

- There are many bugs. Many times when editing text from the design interface, the text spacing will be thrown off. - I also strongly dislike the new 18one release. The percentages are not rounded unless you compare them with another campaign. I think that the number of emails delivered should be under the number of emails sent. Soft bounces and hard bounces are not as easy to find. When you click "view more" under any field in the "At a glance" menu, it just takes you to a list of people which I don't think is very useful. - Landing page reporting tab doesn't really show you any report, just number of views - I personally would like to see a functionality where you could see test send history so you can see who has been a sent a test and when they were sent.

Anne

Create great-looking responsive emails without knowing CSS/HTML

Pros

Don't know CSS? HTML a little rusty? No problem. The email editor in dotmailer will let you create gorgeous, personalized, responsive emails with an easy drag-and-drop interface. I should qualify all of this by saying that we purchased the Silver package for custom email template first, and developed all future emails and templates from that starting point. Favorite feature: the ability to save sections of any email and then drag and drop them into future emails. Other things you will love: robust reporting, highly visual interface for automation workflows and quick and simple personalization. If you primarily need a tool for email (including automation), I don't think you will find a better platform.

Cons

At the time we were using it, you really needed to integrate with your own CRM. The built in CRM features were primarily useful for personalizing user info tokens like name and company. If you wanted to personalize based on the last page the user "liked," you were out of luck. It's possible that's changed. Customer service was a little spotty at times.

Stephanie

It's only as powerful as your ability to use it

Originally, we thought it was terrible. We wanted to quit and felt it was too expensive. Oddly - and by accident - we found where all of these people were signing up to subscribe to our newsletter and we didn't know it. We are small and reliant on one person to know how to do those things and it was eye opening for us. As soon as we figured out what was going on, both my husband and I began to play with it a little more and enjoyed coming up with campaigns and ideas. The power is really knowing the ins and outs of the application.

Pros

For us (small online retailer), we love the ability to craft targeted emails based on what the customer is buying or is sitting in their cart. We were also able to use it to ask customers for business and product reviews.

Cons

I would like the Segment creation to be a little more intuitive. If I want to send a targeted group of customers an email to remind them to review, the field you use is confusing and you can just say - pick x group who purchased 7 days ago, you have to do something like 7 days but exclude those 6 days or fewer. I was also using last purchase date as suggested by support but when I spoke to our account manager it was a completely different field.

Samantha

Best Emailing Software

Pros

The ease of use. Setting up the design of emails is super easy compared to other softwares I've used. When I used Bronto Iwould have to set up the template using code. But on dotmailer I can easily drag and drop photos and text wherever I please and can quickly adjust colors, boarders, and spacing. It also has unique dynamic content options allowing you to pull things from your site and display them on the email. My favorite dynamic content feature is how you are able to have images/text change depending on who is opening the email. I often would send out offers with domestic only shipping and a separate one for international shipping, but using dotmailer I can have these both in the same email but depending on where I customer is located they see the offer relevant to them.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Dotmailer is that when sending an email to a specific group of contacts you are unable to choose another group of contacts to exclude from the send. (So overlapping contacts won't receive an email)

Travis