All Drip Reviews

Steve

Reviewed April 2018

Best email marketing automation software I've used...and I've used A LOT!

PROS

I've seriously tried it all over the past 5 years. From Campaign Monitor, to Get Response. Infusionsoft to Mailchimp. Convertkit, Active Campaign, and that's just the well-known ones. Some for small stints (think 1 - 3 months) others for longer stints (6 - 12). Drip is the only one that I've been using for well over 12 months and am feeling very comfortable with. Down to why this software is great - simply put, most of it's core functionalities are well thought out and easy to use. But then advanced things can still be done even if you're a novice to marketing automation. Sending drip campaigns, setting up subscribe forms and linking with other software to create automatons, all super easily done. Overall is a really well thought out piece of software, and the easiest to use considering its power.

CONS

Some things are quite tricky to do. For example, you would expect to be able to set a simple trigger link in an email, except that requires setting up a completely separate automation. You can't set triggers to happen at certain times, and it can be a pain to get your email template looking good (plain templates are awesome but sometimes you just want to be able to adjust things to make it more personal). Adding call-to-action buttons to emails is also insanely difficult, simply getting the colors to match your own brand is impossible. But all these are minor gripes in the grand scheme of things!

Hi Steve, Everyone here at Drip appreciates the time you took to write us a review! Since your review just a couple of months ago, we have actually launched the Visual Builder for all of your emailing needs! No more trouble adding call-to-action buttons or getting the colors to match your brand. The new Visual Builder allows you to easily build big, beautiful emails outfitted with images and brand styling for when you need to do more showing instead of telling¿ All the formatting. Zero coding. Thanks again, Sam from Drip

Replied August 2018

Lucas

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

ok, but looks like it has no UI updates or improvements in the last 2 years

it's been a good two years, the tool is very reliable, but it's just not worth the price compared to the competition. it is slower, difficult to handle and to create automations.

PROS

reliable, good segmentations and data processing possibilities.

CONS

too expensive, UI not so good, constantly slow.

Reasons for switching to Drip

at the time I needed a more reliable tool and it was the right decision

Hi Lucas I'm glad you've had two good years with Drip and find it very reliable. The UI is a focus area for us. Most find it really good. But we are always open to hearing constructive feedback from customers - thank you for that, Lucas. I wish you Happy Holidays. Best regards, Sebastian from Drip.

Replied December 2022

Steve

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Difficult to use - Extremely slow and poor customer service - Dubious pricing model

Very, very disappointing. I've tried several automated email marketing platforms platforms before Drip and had high hopes for Drip when we made the move over with one of our top client sites. I was actually genuinely excited to implement this system. In retrospect I wish I had stayed with my previous platforms. Even after several months of spending hours and hours reading support articles, raising numerous support tickets, waiting for unacceptably long delays for a response each time, we are still trying to get a basic setup implemented. This is the most frustrated or disappointed I think I have ever been with a technology provider, and I've used a lot of them over the years.

PROS

Very powerful system and integrates easily with Shopify.

CONS

Drip's pricing model is and system design is geared around charging you for people who are "active" in their system even if they are unsubscribed from email marketing and you can't legally email market to them. So you end up with an ever growing list in Drip that you are paying for, but not able to market to. You can implement rules/automations to overcome this, however it is extremely complicated to do and their system will reactivate previously deactivated people when a new orders comes back in from Shopify. So you end up with a tangled web of rules and automations just trying to maintain a reasonable list size of customers who you can actually market to. I don't know, but maybe they have designed their system to be unnecessarily complicated to maximise their revenue by charging for people you can't market to? Support is extremely slow and generally only half answers questions. There seems to be absolutely no regard for customer satisfaction or any assistance to actually onboard customer adequately. I won't be referringing any other client sot use Drip.

Reviewed August 2020

A good ecommerce email system, but not without some flaws

Drip was not an easy switch from MailChimp. I will probably go back to MailChimp pretty soon.

PROS

Drip is a good ecommerce email system, particularly for Magento. It's relatively easy to set up automations and manage ecommerce contacts, purchases, and other data. It's similar to other email platforms in terms of set up, templates, and flexibility.

CONS

The demo made it seem like the integration with Magento was the easiest thing in the world, but there were several hiccups at launch. The reporting leaves a lot to be desired, and the automations don't work as seamlessly as I'd like.

Reason for choosing Drip

The demo was really good.

Reasons for switching to Drip

Wanted better ecommerce automation capabilities.

Reviewed December 2017

Drip is the best email/marketing automation software on the planet! I know as I have tested them all

Drip integrates with just about everything and it is pretty easy to use. The future of marketing from your website is "website personalization" which will create a unique experience for each and every person. Your business also needs to track prospect/customer activity across multiple channels and deliver a customized experience. Nothing makes me leave a website faster than when a website asks me to download something i have already downloaded. The days of one size fits all marketing have come and gone. With Drip, and a few 3rd party apps, I believe you can deliver an online experience like no other that will surely get you noticed and help you stand above your competition.

PROS

Drip is the dream marketing software I was dreaming of back in 2012 when I first started with another expensive email/marketing automation platform. Out of the box, Drip doesn't need 3rd party apps to format data like making sure names are capitalized. I am a marketing automation geek, and Drip allows you to add just about any other type of marketing software layer like surveys, onsite retargeting, send text messages, and even integrate Facebook messenger and Facebook ads just to name a few. (Some 3rd party apps required) Using Drip and a few items I mentioned above, you can passively profile and lead score all of your prospects to see: - which ones are hot (Drip can send an email to your sales team so they make contact), - which ones are still in research mode (send these leads more content to help them make a decision via email, SMS or a Facebook message), - and which ones are just tire kickers. No sense running paid ads to tire kickers, right? You can even personalize your website so that people who downloaded your freebie, don't get asked to download it again. That is powerful! (3rd party app needed) I have moved all of my clients over to Drip from 3 other platforms and we are seeing much better results. If you are considering email & marketing automation automation software for your business, take a good look at Drip. They have a certification program, so you might want to check out graduates to lend you a hand if needed.

Joshua

Internet, 2-10 employees

Automates ALL THE THINGS in my e-commerce business

Overall, it has been a game changer for our digital products e-commerce business. Instead of just sending out bi-monthly email blasts to all of our audience, we're now able to put people through specific sequences of emails with relative ease. We can then separate people based on their activities and run specific promotions to those groups only. We have a long way to go and are only scratching the surface of what we can do in Drip, but already it has been a huge improvement in the way we handle our email marketing.

PROS

It's very simple create workflows for automating email flow. This has allowed us to completely transform the way we do our email marketing in our digital product e-commerce business. I also like how simple it is to setup a new campaign. Most other tools put you through complicated settings to setup new sequences. In Drip you just see a list of the emails on the campaign and you can quickly and easily adjust the days/timing of when people receive those emails after subscribing to the campaign. There is no over the top process for editing the actual emails and you have a choice between a simple editor (which I like as it gets great engagement) or for more visual promotions you can use the graphical editor which is really just as simple to use.

CONS

I found it better to utilise a third party software like Optinmonster to handle the actual signup forms because I get more flexibility surrounding the design of the popup. That is one area in which I think Drip could improve by offering more control surrounding that popup editing experience.

Paola

Reviewed February 2018

Great support team -- but too much need for it!

PROS

One of my favourite things about drip is the email segmentation tools and tagging. These let me make sure my audience is always on point. Customer support is great, however due to some delays and workflow issues I found myself having the need for them a bit more than I think I should have. To the customer service that is friendly, competent, quick, receptive, and unfailingly helpful (and I've put them to use numerous times with complicated questions) To my ability to step into specific user accounts to fix things simply and quickly at their request.. Drip is uniformly wonderful. You might not know it yet, but THIS is the email service you've been looking for.

CONS

The refreshing of the automations seems like it is not instant, so whenever I am setting something up, and doing tests, there has been some confusion as to whether it is working or not. So sometimes I have to go live with a special list just to test the automation steps which is not very convenient.

Arika

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2022

Drip: Epitome of excellence

We have tried using Drip for a little less than a year. We have loved the innovation that Drip bring to the marketing world. Allowing to send personalized emails and get in-depth analytics using their dashboards. They also allow you to create free account with limited accessibility to test the tool. We feel this is a good ROI tool.

PROS

1. You can send email sequences and understand who opened, clicked, or subscribed to your campaign. 2. You can also get a list of emails who unsubscribed from your campaign 3. You can always add a delay between two email sequence 4. It is possible to send bulk emails using their broadcast feature

CONS

1. It is not the best when it comes to non-ecommerce category 2. They can help with a cookie to give analytics of people who visited your website 3. Pricing is on a little higher side

Hi Arika Thank you so much for your informative review. I'm very glad that you use and enjoy so many features. We strive to deliver as much value as possible and continuously bring more to the table for advertisers, just like you. Look out for more. ���� Best regards, Sebastian from Drip.

Replied November 2022

Darryl

Religious Institutions, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2018

Solid platform with good features

PROS

Drip offers some great features that surpass regular email, including things like automated resending to people who don't open, lead scoring, automated sequences and much more.

CONS

The color scheme can be a little hard on the eyes, but it is better than when it was first updated earlier this year. I would also like a better way to manage tags, rules and automations as once you have a number it can become tricky to keep track of them. This could be solved by having a "used in" list for tags, or a resources list for automations so you have a quick list of what is used where. This would also make it easy to retire tags and automations without losing customers through gaps.

Shannon

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

So Many Features

Drip has been a great resource for us. From weekly email blasts to tracking what is working to automated workflow, it has been helpful in so many ways. There are also features we haven't even gotten deep into. It is a great product.

PROS

I think one of my favorite parts is the benefits of syncing with our Shopify storefront. We use Drip for many things but most regularly for weekly email blasts. Being able to link directly to our items, with information and pictures is incredible. As well as being able to see our ROI from those emails.

CONS

Some features don't feel extremely intuitive + take some getting used to, but they do have trainings and good support.

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

The best email and marketing automation software EXCEPT….

It really is an outstanding piece of software at a great price with a super power none other (that I know of) offer and that is the ability to run multiple domains as separate entities.

PROS

It is one of the easiest pieces of software to work with. I have always enjoyed setting up automations and it is very clear how to do things. I don’t like getting bogged down with technicalities and this lets you create.

CONS

This ONE con is why I have pivoted to another software. There are less integrations with the program. The big ones are there, ClickFunnels, Google, Microsoft, but too often I found other programs I wanted to integrate and Drip was not a default integration. Really not their fault but it is enough of an issue for me.

Reasons for switching to Drip

More features and marketing automations.

Reviewed April 2019

Drip is the bees knees for Email Marketing

We have had an amazing experience with Drip and Email Automation. It has taken us far beyond what we thought we could do in just a short amount of time. Highly recommend Drip!

PROS

Drip took us to the next level with Email Marketing. We have been able to create funnels, campaigns, email series, and blasts that have boosted our business. We had just barely dipped our toe in Email Marketing 2 years ago when we started with Drip, and now we use it on a daily basis. We have been able to automate an almost entirely manual process. Highly recommend Drip as an easy to learn and awesome tool to grow your business.

CONS

Learning to set up funnels is not the easiest process at first. Especially if you are new to Email Marketing, however, Drips support team and chat is so easy to use and they will walk you through every step. They also offer video training and training webinars.

Reviewed April 2019

Best In Email Automation

Drip helped our company get good cart abandonment and welcome series in place in an easy way. The tracking and integration with Shopify was very easy. And we are already generating sales with drip in the first week. We are ready to start tagging and segmentation and will report back on another review when that is completed.

PROS

Hi I am currently setting up Drip and have had about 1 week with it and can give my initial 2 cents. I really like how many things you can do if you are willing to put in time and some effort. The integration is easy with many shopping carts and other apps, and the segmentation is very advanced. It is how these segmentation work together with the Email workflows helps make it easy to craft automated emails at every step of buying process. From ecommerce cart abandonment to sending one off emails , to sending out win back campaigns everything seems like it is possible with Drip. The email editor is easy to use and the templates give you enough to get going. I imagine more people use regular html emails with Drip.

CONS

Drip is a tool and it is how you utilise that tool is what you will get out if it. Drip does not hold your hand and offers everything you need for a successful email marketing but what is there in terms of the editor is fairly basic. It gets the job done but I wish for a more robust features like bringing in product by name into the emails.

Kirsty

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Drip - Value for money?

I have an auto-campaign set up, so it saves me time screening clients and I also use it to send newsletters. My list isn't huge though, so I find it expensive for my small business. However, I don't change to another free option as there is a lot of work to export existing lists and also, the ease of use and ability to make it 'pretty' keeps me using drip.

PROS

Drip is easy to learn, quick to create broadcasts, can re-use and edit sent broadcasts, and the templates for creating campaigns are excellent.

CONS

As a start-up, I find it expensive (I'm in Australia, so the exchange rate has an impact). It is comparative, but the free options do the same thing. If your list building doesn't happen as quickly as expected or you're unsure how to use your list to generate income (v gathering info from sales), then it is an ongoing monthly expense that doesn't always justify itself - when your list is small. There should be another option available that is cheaper and has smaller list numbers, before the first subscription above free.

Reviewed November 2017

The best email marketing tool that I have used

I am able to automate lead magnet delivery sequences, do drip campaigns, and do broadcast emails in one place.

PROS

The best thing about Drip is the power it gives you. It takes a little bit of technical expertise, but between the tags, custom fields, and their powerful visual workflow builder you can build automated drip campaigns that maintain a personal, relevant touch.

CONS

It is difficult to bring in your own custom HTML responsive email templates without being a programming expert.

Hi there, The Drip team thanks you for taking time to write us a review! I wanted to let you know we have just launched our Visual Builder, which dramatically reduces how much manual labor you need to make your designed email dreams a reality. Simply point and click to add images, buttons, columns, and more so you can create engaging visual content without touching code. No programming expert needed! Thanks again, Sam from Drip

Replied August 2018

1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Used to Love Drip

I haven't ever had a bad experience with the software and it always worked as it should, but the focus from support is directed entirely toward eCommerce.

PROS

I switched to using drip as a small business consultant for the visual automation, ease of use, the free account (up to 100 subscribers), CRM and contact tracking, but over time they shifted their marketing and support entirely to be used as an eCommerce CRM.

CONS

I am not eCommerce so while I could continue to use their software, they clearly aren't marketing or improving their software to support my needs. There are other leading CRMs and email marketing platforms that I'd recommend for someone who will not be working in an eCommerce field.