• Pros

• "It has a lot of good features and can handle complex workflows very well"

• "It has all the tools to organise business day and I unlike other programs it’s got archive in it. "

• "Easy to use, and vendors are professional. They maintain, update, and service the entire outfit of our company. No more hassles since we used this software by Oracle."

• Cons

• "The set up of a software like this is obviously challenging, but in order to get the results you want you have to put in the work up front. This is also a higher priced marketing solution. "

• "- the sheer amount of functionality is overwhelming; if you could customise to limit what you see that would help - the UI is not the best"

• "Interface can be a bit confusing, as can be the process for setting up segments. Having so many options can also lead to confusion."

Browse Oracle Marketing Cloud Reviews

Expensive and Complex, if you're into that kinda thing

Very good. I like it because I'm very tecchy. Other might find it confusing and difficult to learn.

Pros

If you can imagine it, Eloqua in the OMC can build it. Great integration options. The most developed Custom Data Objects in Marketing Automation. Form fields don't have to be mapped to lead fields.

Cons

In regard to Eloqua... It's expensive and for anyone who isn't trained in it it's complex. Not super approachable. The email and landing page builders could use some major work.

September 2016

Amy from Drees Homes

September 2016

Marketing Campaign Workhorse

Eloqua is on the one side being used as a database tool for our big pool of suspects. On the other hand, we use Eloqua as a full fledge automation tool for email, print and telemarketing campaigns. We are using the full package: emails, landing pages, forms, program builder, data tools and reporting function. Eloqua is the hub of our entire marketing program. Our marketing team is small, but every person we add is added as a user and trained to think about our customer's journey through the buying process. The sales team relies on our outbound programs driven by Eloqua. The integration with Oracle Sales Cloud creates automatic data enrichment. Even though we are fairly simple in our use of the platform, we've created efficiencies and value that we wouldn't have without Eloqua.

Pros

The campaign management in Eloqua is a very easy and intuitive tool to send out simple, as well as sophisticated email campaigns. All assets (emails, forms, landing pages, etc.) can be integrated into the campaign, which makes the reporting easy and thorough. It has all necessary tools for a proper database management, including a good tool for scoring. The tools available within Eloqua allow us to target our messages to right market segments, and ensures that we can suppress email addresses that have already received a marketing message from us on a given day and unsubscribed through subscription management. We use Eloqua as a full fledge automation tool for all email campaigns and event RSVPs. Additionally, we have it synced with our CRM so that new contacts are added into the system automatically. I also think Eloqua University is a great resource.

Cons

Sometimes take a while until you can solve together with support your problem. They usually do not go the extra mile.We contracted a 3rd party to help implement some features and support training to maintain since Oracle does not provide those offerings. I also think lead scoring still needs work. I think they need to increase the amount of documents they allow you to store in their progressive profiling component. Sometimes it takes a while until you can solve a problem with support. They usually do not go the extra mile. We contracted a 3rd party to help implement some features and training documentation to maintain since Oracle does very little in those areas.

Mark from Stretchline Holdings Ltd.

Industry: Textiles

Oracle Marketing Cloud

Oracle Marketing has eased our Departments working conventions due to the many functionalities it offers such as data tracking, automated report generation, reminder, hierarchy etc..

Pros

My company had purchased a 2 year contract with Oracle package which includes the Marketing Cloud of which was used by me. Changing from an old system to Oracle was done with ease and the functionality Oracle offers along with its UI and troubleshoot is great for its users. Overall i am pleased with this software.

Cons

The price for the package was quite high in its 2 year contract, also the customer support was not easy to get a hold of, at least for me.

Harutyun from Ritz london

Heavy to use.

Having all the reports for day and past days. Clients list and everything.

Pros

It has all the tools to organise business day and I unlike other programs its got archive in it.

Cons

The program is too haeavy to work only in internet explorer. I think that would be great to be able to use it in other browsers as well.

Chee from UNB Student Recruitment

Workhorse, but not UI friendly.

Running big and multi-step email campaigns with over 10000 contacts is what I have been using Eloqua for.

Pros

Setting up email campaigns and landing pages are quick and easy. The A/B testing on email campaigns is a nice feature and that you can set a time range and once that's up, the winning email will be sent to the rest of your contacts.

Cons

There's a lot that Eloqua can do, but not many resources you can find to really put Eloqua in good use. The UI changes frequently, so you need to take a moment to familiarize yourself with the dashboard. The text editor provided is atrocious to use - its very glitchy. So if you're familiar with better text editors like Atom, Sublime Text or Dreamweaver - you don't get any options, nothing populates when writing tags etc.

Raghu from Trelleborg Sealing Solutions

Oracle Marketing Cloud: A Full fledge marketing automation solution

We use it for our marketing automation needs, mainly lead scoring and email marketing.

Pros

Seamless integration with third party tools like Dynamics, sales force. Social integration such as twitter and Facebook give you insight of social media campaigns, this has helped us a lot. Also, hyper cloud feature is cool which is used to create personalized micro sites using dynamic user content.

Cons

Reporting feature can be improvised. Customer support can be improved.

K from Commonwealth FX

Staying on top with Oracle Marketing Cloud

I have worked with Eloqua and Oracle Marketing Cloud for over 5 years. After assessing multiple competitors, we always come back to Oracle. Their ability to understand our business needs and provide solutions that fit is impeccable. In addition, their support and community groups provide expertise and insight that cannot be matched.

Arpine from Multiple

July 2012

I have been following Eloqua since 2007, so when 3 years ago there was time for my company to switch to a marketing automation solution, Eloqua was the first company on the list of potential vendors. After thorough evaluation, we moved forward with Eloqua not only because of the great features, but also because of their ability to customize the product to our multi-brand, multi-website environment. Since then, Eloqua developed greatly, among its greatest new features are the cloud connectors, connecting Eloqua with multiple third party tools we use, and allowing all data be stored in one place. I've used Eloqua at two companies now, one install with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and the other one - with salesforce.com. The Microsoft Dynamics integration was a custom one built using Eloqua API - it took a while to implement, but once complete, worked well. The salesforce.com integration I am working with has custom elements to it, and also works well. Multiple security groups allow to control user permissions, only giving users access to what they need, eliminating risks of data corruption and minimizing human error. The capabilities of Program Builder automation are nearly endless, programs and emails can be customized to target prospects and impact the bottom line.

Orangel from Comercial Li S.A.

Automate marketing content

We have used it to plan large-scale projects that require the dissemination of information in all possible communication channels, that optimizes the use of the platform and the effective work of our team. Discipline, organization, order and a great impact on our customers is what we have achieved with the use of this great platform

Pros

It is a support tool to automate the marketing of your company by email, works from the point of view of the seller and to meet the needs of the buyer. It integrates perfectly with social networks known to all, this will allow your management to go a little further. It is the ideal platform to carry marketing campaigns

Cons

It is a complete tool, it has details like any platform but nothing that has not been solved with time and updates of it

Vivek from Rebel Foods

Oracle Marketing Cloud Review

I use it for email marketing & SMS pushes. Overall my job gets satisfactorily done using this software. The customer service are very helpful in case i face any problem using the software.

Pros

I use it for email marketing, so i find it easy to make newsletter. I get the option of directly pasting my HTML code and the template is ready. If someone is not a coder then he/she has the option of making the template by drag & drop options.

Cons

I personally find the software little complicated. There are lots of steps to be taken to get a thing done which i think is unnecessary. Also the user-interface is old.

John from IT

My Favorite Marketing Automation Platform

I have used Marketo, Hubspot, Pardot, etc. This is by far, my favorite of all of them. In the others, I have had many situations where I had a business problem that I couldn't solve in it. Not with Oracle Marketing.

Pros

Very, very powerful. I am very rarely limited by what it can do. I make up for shortfalls in other platforms (ETL, lead routing, data cleansing and standardization) along with all of the good things that a marketing automation platform can and should do. Their WYSIWYG improvements continue to get better as well.

Cons

Some of the back end is still the old E-9 platfrom, which is clunky. There isn't much thought in how to keep it clean and maintained - it is difficult or impossible to archive objects like landing pages, emails, forms, programs and campaigns. This leads to a cluttered UI after you have used it for a while.

Olivia from Net Health

Great marketing automation software once you figure out its quirks

Switching from Eloqua to Hubspot, there are definitely things I miss about Eloqua and in my role Eloqua seemed to fit my needs better. A benefit our company liked about Hubspot over Eloqua was the ability to track social media and get a full picture of campaign performance (versus just reporting on individual emails or landing pages in Eloqua).

Pros

Tons of flexibility with segmenting and contacts, easy to create emails and landing pages, visual layouts of campaign workflows, a lot of email statistic reports.

Cons

A few things seemed more cumbersome than they should be (like not being able to create a picklist on the fly within a form, or needed to create a separate header each time if you wanted to use it for preview text). Once in a while it seemed to glitch and I'd need to "Save As" and try again to get it to work. However, we've now switched to Hubspot and I've had to do the same thing.

A robust marketing automation tool for streamlining digital marketing and contact management

Streamlines email marketing, contact management and our Marketing to Sales processes. We have been able to clean up our database, create new processes that provide Sales with the information they need about our new leads, and report on the metrics that help us making ongoing decisions.

Pros

OMC (Or Eloqua as I still call it), it extremely deep in its functionality, features and integrations. If what you want to do isn't out of the box, or a plugin available, you can create just about any program or process within the system.

Cons

The reporting is horrible. It is not intuitive, even the customizable reports are clunky to build and take forever to load. There are even instances where there is "too much" data to load a report! How is that possible for an enterprise-level software?

Great for complex and unique campaigns and programs.

Pros

We use Oracle Marketing Cloud/Eloqua for all of our marketing automation and email marketing communication needs throughout the company, both internally and externally. There's a lot of features and functionalities here and so many choices when building out segments, emails, and landing pages.

Cons

The reports sometimes can be a little off and not match with other reports in the same system. When we have large canvases and campaigns, it can be slow to run our segments and thus, can delay our launches.

Matthew from ObservePoint

November 2014

Deliver the right message at the right time.

Pros

Eloqua empowers us to deliver marketing to our prospects as if we're having real conversations with them. Using a combination of assets, such as landing pages, forms, and emails, it's easy to create integrated marketing experiences that have a clear, unified voice, to progressively gather information about those you're marketing to, and to provide value exchange. And Eloqua (now a part of the Oracle Marketing Cloud) offers first-class training and ongoing support to help you and your team along your way. So, no matter if you're a shop of one or a large team, Eloqua can scale to fit your business needs.

Cons

Since the acquisition by Oracle, access to support has changed. It used to be that you could call in and talk to a rep, who would talk you through any problem on the spot. Now it's necessary to submit a ticket through the ticketing system, and most of the interaction is done over the web. They have been able to resolve all problems still, so the process is different, but it's not necessarily better or worse.

David from Goebel Group

Best if used by HTML developers.

Pros

Not great for casual users. UI is getting better but needs work. Data can be exported easily to xml or xcel formats. Lead scoring is ok but needs more intergration with CMS to be useful.

Cons

UI, support ...top liners has old info. Program builder is difficult. It is not intergrated into Compendium very well. Eloqua was purchased by Oracle not all of integration works.

February 2013

Francesca from Code Mitte

February 2013

I worked with Eloqua in 2 different companies, and in the first one, I used both 2 versions E9 and E10. My current company Code Mitte, combines experience and expertise in CRM, marketing automation and knowledge management. We are specialized on technical customization of CRM systems like Salesforce and integration with Eloqua based on company's individual business needs and processes. In 2011 we decided to adopt Eloqua 10 to implement sales and marketing processes and to achieve and sustain organizational growth. Eloqua is a complete tool, something more than sending emails or automating emails. I can easily get the ROI in the Eloqua reports and dashboards, and I can see the entire lead cycle, from the marketing source to the revenue, and the performance of each single assets in each step of our sales cycle. Thanks to the Eloqua sales enablement tools our sales team is now aware of all leads, online activities, and can prioritize them. Eloqua has many functionalities (marketing automation, analysis, sales tools, lead nurturing, tracking, integrations, app & widgets, ......) so it is important to take advantage of them, especially if you want to see the return of the investment! At the beginning of the integration, Eloqua provided us with a Success Plan tailored to our company and assist us in the strategy. I have been able to apply the strategy and get excellent results thanks to the Topliners Community, the online trainings and the support team, which are still giving us an extremely important help.

Lauren from Ariba

July 2012

I am reviewing Eloqua from the perspective of Marketing Data. My position opened up in Ariba Inc. post Eloqua implementation. Therefore I had to jump into training to get caught up with the rest of my team's Eloqua building skills. The first thing I have to say about Eloqua training is that it's second to none. I have never worked in a system that had such a thorough training university in place as well as an amazing user support community like Topliners. These two areas alone have made a world of difference in how I can use this amazing tool to better our data health. A particular highlight, as a data analyst, is utilizing the dashboards for normalizing data cleanliness. Without this easy interface so much useful data could fall through the cracks and in turn sales would not be receiving honest MQL's. The dashboards also allow for proper data monitoring for all scoring purposes and to help troubleshoot data sources if data is entering the system with the wrong values. The last area in which Eloqua really stepped up was assisting in mapping out a data governance for utilizing Eloqua for our company. With guidance from several Eloqua Reps. we were able to compile a hefty governance policy for our uses and users of Eloqua as well as documenting the data flow process to our CRM. I am a true Eloqua fan and encourage everyone to check out their Topliners community to see all the capabilities of this system.

John from Kareo

Most powerful MAP on the market

Have used many different marketing automation platforms, and Eloqua is still king of them all

Pros

Can be used for simple applications through complex ones.

Cons

Pricing can be high if not negotiated down.

Alister from eureQa, LLC

full features marketing automation

Full of features needs more new age team to rejig the product to beat the competition. A good option for enterprises planning to use market automation.

Pros

Campaign manager is great. it allows for custom workflows. Allows us to manage campaigns across multiple channels within the single system supports close to 7 channels Extensive integrations with 3rd party apps for data enrichment. Used data.com for contact syndication and maroon.ai for predictive applications layer.

Cons

Expensive in comparison with the competition Lots of features but the support is bad and also the layout and UI looks dated. Needs an upgrade. Makes the product look unnecessarily complicated.

Fraser from Ideagen PLC

Extremely fully functional marketing application

Pros

- it is scalable and integrates fully with several key areas of our business - very few problems in terms of application performance

Deb from Bluffton university

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Data all in one place

Pros

This product is very popular. Its latest version really tries to bring data from several sources into one giant piece of information. It includes social information which is more and more important.

Krista from SurePayroll

July 2012

I have been using Eloqua for over a year now to manage my B2B email marketing and nurture campaigns. I can't imagine a more useful or easy-to-use tool. From the day we implemented Eloqua, we had full support from their team of experts who walked us through everything from implementation to best practices. Eloqua has their own University and certifications that help you advance your knowledge of both the product and marketing. We have integrated Eloqua with our Salesforce install, which helps us to seamlessly pass information back and forth about leads. I am able to segment out leads based on their stage in the sales cycle and target marketing messages based on their stage. The lead's activity then passes back into Salesforce to give the sales rep more insight into the lead's digital body language. The support of the Eloqua community is tremendous! Their Topliners community is full of Eloqua employees and users who are there to give you advice and share success stories. You are never on your own when you are part of the Eloqua community.

Use it to create emails and to launch email drip campaigns

Pros

I am very easily able to set up a canvas with html emails to create email drip campaigns to send out to prospects, clients, and partners alike. Also easy to create a short form for events. It does a good job of pushing reports to our emails whenever somebody fills out the form, so we have all the contact data on hand.

Cons

With the html emails that are created using this software, the code itself is unnecessarily complex. The CSS is inline with the HTML and it would be more clear/easier to edit if there was a CSS style sheet instead.

Chris from Sage

Best of breed marketing automation solution

Pros

Versatile set of functionality which enables you to provide co-ordinated targeting marketing across multiple channels

Cons

Cost of the solution is quite high, as a best of breed solution - but worth every penny in terms of providing effective targeted marketing

Full featured but clunky

Pros

Many features are available and email templates, seed lists, contacts, campaigns, etc can all be configured as desired. Good options for message tracking as well.

James from HW.com

November 2014

A Newbie's Impression of Eloqua 10!

Pros

The Eloqua suite is very powerful and has brilliant support resources like Topliners and the Eloqua University. With the reward and badge system in Topliners, it really encourages you to learn as much as possible. As a novice user always looking for information, the training and support areas are solid as are the community resources.

Cons

There are some glitches here and there when campaign building. Updates can cause outage periods. There are small bugs within fields, which means additional clicks.

Liel from prooV

Good for email marketing, not much more

Pros

Robust, nice program/campaign scheduler

Cons

You need to have a dedicated expert to program everything, UI is very bad and counter-intuitive. Very limited reporting, drag and drop and design capabilities are lacking. Customer support is very bad, every team in the company has no idea what the other is doing, extremely disorganized and frustrating.

Brande from Advanced Micro Devices

August 2012

I've had the fortune of using Eloqua at the last two organizations that I've worked for. Both organizations had unique data storage programs and therefore integration was of great importance. I've been very pleased with the ease of the integration and the incredible support that we received in both cases from the Eloqua team. One of the biggest benefits to using Eloqua is the network of users. You can always find someone that has experienced your challenges or who has ideas for addressing marketing programs in an innovative way. I am very excited about the applications that are available through the cloud and how they allow ease of expanding your capability. Eloqua seems to be on top of the newest ideas and helps to make sure we as marketers have the tools we need to keep up.

July 2012

Kristin from MINDBODY, Inc.

July 2012

We are a SAAS company and experienced quick growth over the last 2 years. In January of 2011 we decided to implement a marketing automation platform to automate our email campaigns, expand our flexibility with forms, and track our leads from creation to close with marketing touch points and sales cycle analysis. We chose Eloqua for its ease of use, integration with Salesforce and overall product. It was a little rough at the beginning but the product has improved tremendously in the last year and their tech support is amazing. Great tech support is so necessary and really can't be replaced. I love working with a company that is always looking to improve and build on their current product. Eloqua is definitely a leader in the industry.

Carmi from Military Sealift Command

Fabulous Software

Pros

Cons

None so far. We have never encountered problem since using this, unlike before, when we couldn't be productive because the system we were using always gave us headaches. We're happy at present.

Kevin from DHL Supply Chain

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

August 2016

Mika from Go Capital USA

August 2016

Kelly from Rosetta Stone

Eloqua Review

We love how simple it is to build email prospecting campaigns. The tool provides great analytics which is extremely useful for my team to determine if our campaigns were effective or if we need to make adjustments. A bit of training is required to get the hang of utilizing and it does require a strong knowledge/background in HTML.

Great marketing automation platform

Pros

Eloqua is well synced with Salesforce.com and with its visual interface it is easy to create multi-level drip campaigns

Cons

It lacks the enterprise functionality that the market leading marketing automation platform, Marketo, has.

Andrew from Pegasystems

Good Product With Tons Of features

Eloqua does a lot of things well but isn't the most user friendly product on the market. It handles complex processes quite well but is sometimes confusing

Pros

It has a lot of good features and can handle complex workflows very well

Cons

Not super intuitive compared to other marketing software

Zubair from Ross University

Great tool with Amazing power

Oracle Marketing Cloud is our newest integration at Ross University. We previously used SalesForce but honestly, Oracle's Cloud is much more comprehensive. Our use of this software has revolutionized our way of reaching out to future students for recruitment into our school. The biggest plus of this product is how Oracle removes the guesswork associated with other software and uses hard, forensic evidence in making marketing decisions. Perhaps the one downfall is the price, but when you are a large corporation with big goals, that particular aspect does not seem to be a limiting factor

Roger from Thermo Scientific

August 2012

I am an Eloqua Power user and find that the tool and the support system is excellent. Support is key for me. Eloqua to me is like PhotoShop - lots of tools and ways of doing things, so it is hard to be an expert in everything the application is capable of. The support desk team at Eloqua have always be prompt, knowledgeable, and supportive. I do not have experience with the other tools, but I strongly suggest that Eloqua be in the mix for any marketing automation tool under consideration.

March 2015

Kelly from CPA Global

March 2015

Helpful Insight into Client/Prospect Activity

Eloqua allows our sales team to instantly and accurately know what material our prospects have reviewed and are interested in learning about. It allows the team to quickly engage with a potential customer which increases the chances of moving forward in the sales cycle. The information is easy to read, and allows you to see what webpages prospects/clients have viewed, and also send a notification once there is activity on our site.

June 2016

Scott from Email Industries

June 2016

Email Deployment

A/B testing of what emails are more likely to be opened based on audience customization and copy/subject header customization.

Pros

Easy to upload, schedule, and customize who emails are going out to. Ability to customize link tables to receive own personal reporting/track records of the emails.

Cons

Some customizations are hard to make after something is automatically scheduled. Design creates a process of a little bit of extra work to add linking to emails.

Brandon from Wayne State University

Industry: Computer Networking

Review oracle

Good experience but high cost. Universal program used in every business that can be customized but takes time

Vivian from Blinkx

Oracle Eloqua Review

This is a very good marketing tool, it can help create landing pages, emails, and submit forms via the editor. It is using drag and drop placement, so don't need programmer to help at all. It also has the email subscription manager features that help manage the email recipients list, and setup email campaigns. So I will say it is a very well done marketing tool.

July 2014

Ben from DENTSPLY Tulsa Dental Specialties

July 2014

Average email tool; terrific lead-generation tool

Pros

It brought us into a new era of one-on-one marketing. The ability to track a customer by name and deliver knowledge of what he or she is interested in is new and exciting to us. We are converting all of our submission forms (including a Facebook form) to Eloqua-enabled.

Cons

We vastly underestimated the difficulty in integrating with our CRM. We have a home-baked CRM, not SFDC or Dynamics. So, we have been stymied in delivering our marketing knowledge to Sales.

Edward from Bart

great marketing resource management

Oracle Eloqua is a MRM software. It helps me as a marketing manager to keep track of all the necessary campaign information. One of the weaknesses is it is a bit costly than other marketing software out there, but their support is one of the best out there I think.

Gabe from ADP

Oracle Eloqua Review

Pros

It allows for tracking and reporting very easily.

Cons

It looks a little outdated with the buttons, look and feel, etc.

December 2012

Marilyn from Cincom Systems

December 2012

I could not effectively do my job without Eloqua. Eloqua allows me to make smart marketing decisions based on proven outcomes. I can better enable both my sales and marketing organizations with tools provided. We are an aligned strong global organization because of Eloqua.

Jennifer from Technomedia

Oracle On Demand

Not a stable product, constantly going down. No integration with InsideView.

Pros

The color scheme is nice.

Cons

Reporting is way too complicated.

Powerful enterprise software for medium to larger-sized businesses.

Pros

A marketing service that works extremely well for enterprises and has integrations with many services (which is obviously a good thing and offers many opportunities). OMC also has a reputation for being the most powerful automation tool for said enterprises.

Cons

Incredibly expensive for smaller businesses (due to the base service cost and the cost of getting supplementary software since this isn't an all-in-one solution) and isn't necessary at all for said small businesses. Additionally, implementing the automation can take longer than most other solutions.

October 2015