What are EngageBay users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using EngageBay software through verified user reviews

• icon"EngageBay's customer support has been very responsive and helped me resolve an implementation issue almost immediately."
  • icon"This is basically like hubspot but without the expensive price tag. You'll probably get everything you need and more."
  • icon"The best part of the software that I liked personally is, the way it helps us in creating the landing pages effortlessly and efficiently."
  • icon"It’s hard to edit email Templates and landing pages."
  • icon"Since I started using it recently so not very sure about dislikes. So far, I am enjoying it."
  • icon"Webinar features, landing pages does not support reusable headers and footers, no option to build own templates. Missing Social Software Analytics."

Browse all EngageBay Reviews

• Have you used EngageBay and would like to share your experience with others?

Ian

Great Product and Service

A pleasure to work with, really want to do anything thy can to help you out.

Pros

Really proactive when we ask for any update. Very responsive. Really friendly team. Easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing to add here but the form has to have 40 characters!

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

EngageBay has better functionality, a fraction of the investment, much more responsive and customer service is great. Hubspot service and product was very poor and overpriced. Also not very ethical in the way they up-sold and the costs were beginning to spiral.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review Ian.

Angus

A great priced and featured all in one CRM. We moved from Hupspot to EngageBay and love it.

Overall experience is fantastic. We have not even started the marketing side yet so we are looking forward to that. If you want an affordable CRM that does just about everything you need at a price that is actually affordable then EngageBay is a great choice.

Pros

It is fast and simple to use. We live in deals and task most of the time and it gives you all you need. Support is amazing. I have even made product change suggestions and some were implemented in a few days. That is amazing.

Cons

We wish we could easily change the sort order of the deals when in tablet mode to the order we want (custom order). Sometime we want to just call a selected few clients in a day and it would be nice to just show them or put them at the top of the list. A small con but still a con.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

We wanted extra features but the upgrade costs were just too high. EngageBay was so much more affordable .

Elías

Affordable and feature rich

Pros

The interface works very fast and it has a lot of features. The free plan is great and the paid plans are on low prices.

Cons

It has so many features that some of them are not complete enough. Also, the user interface is not at the level of other competitors.

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

It has a lot of features I need and a good price.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

Yes, I switched from MailChimp because I wanted an integrated platform.

Absolutely horrible!!

I've setup a "Sequence" with 3 emails to be sent before holding my Webinar and thought everything was ok and went on. Just to come back on the day of the Webinar to see that nothing was sent and every contact was hard bounced. Yes every single one of them. Furthermore I couldn't send any email broadcasts to the contacts either. So mainly I was left with leads for my Webinar which I couldn't even use, were it up to Engagebay. The support team's solution? Purchase credits to "verify the contacts" to be able to use them. So besides making me lose my time, not delivering the emails and rendering all my contacts useless they want me to purchase something for it to actually work?? Absolutely disgusting and shameful business practices! They then tell me that the problem is not on their end and insist that every contact has an invalid email address. With another similar service I sent the emails with ease. Out of all the contacts, only 4 bounced. Engagebay has set me back a lot with this. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

At first I liked what it offered for the free plan (things that other similar services didn't offer for free).

Cons

It doesn't work at all and the support team asks you to purchase credits for it to work.

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

Engagebay offered email sequences in the free plan, besides the usual things that each of these services offered for free.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

Engagebay offered email sequences in the free plan which turned out to not work at all.

Response from EngageBay

Hi there, sorry to know about your experience with EngageBay. Just to bring to your notice, a hard bounce happens only when the email address is invalid. It looks like that is the case here. If the email address is invalid, there is nothing we can do from our end to avoid a hard bounce. To prevent such cases, we recommend all our users to verify all the emails they have on the list. Please note that we do not provide email verifier service ourselves and hence recommend other 3rd party solutions. Seems like the other service you used has a built in validation service and hence the bounces were limited. I would recommend you to send an email to support@engagebay.com including the registered email address for your account and we can check what may have caused the bounces, though we are certain that it was due to the emails being invalid, we could always cross check.

Replied September 2021

Bernadette

Excellent Customer Service, Mostly Easy to Use

Pros

It offers lots of features that a small but growing business can access. The support team are incredibly helpful (and quick to respond) if you ever have trouble figuring something out. There are also plenty of free resources such as articles and videos.

Cons

Yes, there are some features such as the ability to view what list(s) a contact belongs to from their profile in the marketing hub, and the ability to forward tickets to other emails in the service hub. Some tasks require work-arounds to accomplish. The support team gladly take suggestions for improvements though, and the program is always improving.

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

More affordable for small business

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

Salesforce wasn't offering enough with their basic membership. EngageBay offers service, marketing and sales capabilities at a fraction of the cost. EngageBay is much more user-friendly and intuitive.

Niall

Incredible value or money CRM

Pros

Features rich with ease of use at it's core for a fraction of the price of it's big competitors. After a long frustrating search for a suitable CRM I couldn't be happier with Engage Bay and it's wealth of features.

Cons

A few weeks into the free trial, No cons that I can see yet.

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

Initially price and email automation but have been thoroughly impressed with all it has to offer.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

Complicated, overpriced, lack of features, and too steep a learning curve to get going.

Mariano

Glad I found and chose Engagebay

We were using Mailchimp for a few years and paying quite a lot for the very simple use of sending mailings. We then discovered Engagebay and can now benefit of all these amazing features for a much cheaper price.

Pros

All in one solution. We can handle our email marketing, our sales and our support in the same tool, thus keeping all information fully centralized and attached to the client.

Cons

Misses a few improvements that will make navigation more comfortable, but so far experience has been great.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

Too expensive and not reactive enough when facing problems

Fabian

Why I switched to EngageBay

I am so happy that I found engagebay!

Pros

I really signed up for so many softwares. I needed GetResponse, HubSpot, funnel.io & automate.io to build my Funnel. It cost me 1,2k a month. EngageBay has all that functions in one. And its so sheep. The support is so good and fast.

Cons

The dashboard reporting. Its not bad at all. But for my situation, I could need more customizability to create a KPI Dashboard.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

Engagebay cost less and give you everything you need.

samad

Perfect.

Amazing tool to help you track,promote and manage your leads.

Pros

Simple and smooth. Easy to use and effective.

Cons

None right now. But the limit of 100emails per day was a bit difficult to adjust to. Now that it's sorted I don't have any issues.

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

I am getting hubspot like features at an affordable price.

it is a competitive system

some of the features are still no user family, have space to enhance, but overall good and compatible

Pros

the features is simular to hubspot, easy to use.

Cons

Dashboard is not enough comprehensive. can only see the number of the task belong to which user. hope to enhance for detail, for example, double click can see the contents of e.g. which contacts we have called, the remarks can be showed, what company belong to, or the deals detail we have created etc.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

Hubspot is too expensive that cannot be afforded

Sian

Industry: Online Media

Sophisticated Software

We run a number of businesses and use Engagebay for some of our clients. If you need to sort contacts, pick them out based on certain factors and send individual or broadcast emails and/or put them through a pipeline, this is for you. You know you need Engagebay when you're trying to organise your contacts by tags and have so many you're going mad.

Pros

How you can really drill down into sorting contacts. It's almost like have a spreadsheet to organise different contacts. We use it for sending individual booking emails alongside broadcast emails. We searched for ages for software that could combine a sophisticated CRM/contact management system alongside email and newsletters - this is the best on the market. The other thing we love is the customer response - there's a chat service and usually someone is on there within minutes of a request and they stick with you until it's fixed. Best on the market - and certainly at this price.

Cons

The training manuals could be improved - that said, they are always happy and prompt to help - but some of my queries could are general and could have been covered in a manual/video.

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

Features mainly and then support - they answered questions promptly. I also tried other products before I arrived at Engagebay but although they initially said they could do what I needed, after weeks of frustrating try outs - they didn't - and the support hadn't really listened to what I'd said I needed - Engagebay listened to what I actually needed before I got started and it did what they said.

Lack of features

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review Sian.

Cameron

Feature-rich without breaking the bank

We love EngageBay and highly recommend it to our clients who want/need a full featured platform that will work across multiple departments, automate regular tasks, and that don't want to pay the high-price and add-on that you have to with many other tools. EngageBay's support team is AMAZING!! Anytime I have a question about something, they are quick to respond, very helpful and knowlegable, just a breath of fresh air to know that I can get a hold of someone when we have issues (which isn't that often, but when we do they are there!).

Pros

It is amazing to me how feature-rich the platform is at the cost. More features and functionality than some of the 'big guys' for a fraction of the cost. It is easy to use and train clients on the system, so that is ALWAYS a huge plus for us.

Cons

Learning curve at first just to understand how it works differently from other systems, but that is not necessarily a con of EngageBay because that is the same for every new platform as each has their own little intricacies.

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

EngageBay is feature-rich, budget-friendly, easy of use and easy to train clients on.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

We used many different systems before EngageBay (HubSpot, Zoho, Camapign Monitor, and more). I was tired of overly complicated (and for some, so basic you couldn't do much with them) systems and high-prices or constant "you must upgrade to use this feature" messages - it was ridiculous!

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the great review Cameron. Your words are super encouraging. We will continue to build great features to help small businesses grow their businesses without breaking the bank on expensive bloated software.

Pierpaolo

I've tried it, but now it's our official automation platform...

I have tried other platforms, also spending a lot of money on assestment (hubspot, sharpspring, active campaign, etc...). Some of them have too high prices, others don't seem to listen to the request for new features, still others the support is slow to respond. In all the cases I tried something was missing: for EngageBay nothing is missing and the costs are very affordable (it also includes a free version to let my customers try the product).

Pros

Quick and easy to use. All very easy. It has everything we need (integration, mail automation, sales automation, lead generation, Android and Ios apps, support ticket e chat for visitors, etc...).

Cons

It is not possible to program post social (at the moment you can only monitor your profiles, although technical support has assured me that it is in their roadmap). Maybe the pricing model needs to be improved by including web analytics per user in the basic version and offering a monthly block of "no branded" emails.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and ActiveCampaign

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review and feedback Pierpaolo Villano.

Replied February 2020

Marcello

A Magic wand

I am very satisfied with EngageBay, I see my company as advanced user of EB, when we got stuck with something, they are always ready to listen and enhance the tool to achieve the desided feature and make the tool even better!

Pros

Easy of use, easy of implement, easy of integrate!

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

Flexibility, pricing model, all in one, Sales, Marketing and Support... no need to have lots of tools.

Features, dashboards.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review Marcello. Our landing pages can now support reusable headers and footers. We have developed this feature and it is currently in QA and should go live in a couple of days. We already have the feature to build new landing templates from scratch. You can also code your own ones too. Please check it out and we would glad to help if needed.

Replied November 2020

Kamran

Its really an alternative to HubSpot and Agile CR<

It has been a great experience and i onboarding is super easy.

Pros

Well I tried several CRMs which include ZOHO CRM PLUS, AGILE ENTERPRISE, and Hubspot for a while. Most CRMs have same functionalities but when it comes to pricing its way different. Engagebay has everything which Agile, ZOHO, Hubspot has but at a fraction of the cost. When you are running a digital business you probably have thousand of leads or contacts who you want to nurture and with limited contacts you cant do miracles. Engagebay has give me unlimited storage of contacts and i can send 50,000 emails a month without connecting any other email app like sendgrid or mailchimp. Other thing is support, their 24 hours support is awesome and team is also cooperative as well. Therefore, you should try this since it has everything which a high end CRM has but at fraction of the cost. I would highly recommend EngageBay to use.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

Due to many functionalities were not working and they didnt have any solution to resolve those issues

Matthew

8 Month use Review

Software is overall nice some features are missing and some on the current ones are limited but overall its very easy to use and hope to see where the software goes to into the future

Pros

The software is nice to use some features are pretty self-explanatory, but there are some features that are missing maybe adding like a module based system where you are able to create and customize modules to your liking, which our previous CRM system was able to do wish there was a function like so.

Cons

Some features are missing, or are under development but the current ones available are fine for now but as the industry grows your CRM should be able to adapt otherwise it's not good

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

we only have a couple of users for the system sugar was suppose to handle more users but we never got to that point so we switched to an easier software to use because of minimal users and functionality they need

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review Matthew. We look forward to receiving all the customer feedback and making EngageBay the best marketing and sales software for growing companies.

Hafizah

Everything under one roof

Pros

EngageBay cover all of any business needs, from task managing to customer support platform. I mainly use it to collaborate on task and project. It comes with good communication hub that let us to have a quick and swift connection between us to discuss on the task and project.

Cons

As this software is packed full with features, it can be quite confusing to use it for the first time, and to choose the correct tool that i need to running the project objective that i has planned. The manual guide is not too detail and not very helpful for me.

Leonie

Great Features for a Great Price Point

As a solopreneur, I am able to run a mid size business very cost effectively and efficiently while being able to keep up the contact and communication with clients and prospects.

Pros

I like that I can streamline and automate repetitive tasks and processes which saves time and effort. Love the integration with WordPress and the other apps that can be integrated. I use the CRM, Marketing Automation, Workflow Automation, Appointment/Calendar Management.

Cons

I believe the Landing Page builder is not of the quality that is required and needs some work, particularly around ease of use and responsive design. It works - but could be a lot better I also think the same about the Newsletter design. Would love to have a Quiz feature or more complex form capability.

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

When looking at the features vs price, EngageBay was a clear winner when compared to other alternatives.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

I wasn't getting much support or follow up from Agile.

Joel

Meet the amazing Marketing Solution

Whether you're a start-up business or a small business that is already on the go, this tool is just efficient for marketing as it saves you time in marketing. It's automation and landing page feature are excellent!

Pros

First, its platform is simple and easy to use. With the landing page builder, you can perform tasks such as URL importation. Also, you can make any landing page depending on your needs. Secondly, the platform has both automation and landing page on the same place. So, if your business involves a lot of emailing, then you are definitely going to find this useful. It will save you an incredible amount of time when marketing. There's also the option of having EngageBay Marketing customized to best fit your needs. So if you need changes of any sort, you don't have to worry about the tool's flexibility. Also, the customer service is excellent. If you encounter any problem, you will be assisted accordingly. For a small business, this tool does pretty much everything required by teams.

Cons

They need to make some improvements to the email templates.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review. We are adding more email templates and should be available in few weeks.

Replied May 2019

Sayali

Engagebay is the way to go!

Pros

1. Easy to use, even for newbies 2. Excellent support and walkthroughs.[SENSITIVE CONTENT] answers all questions even via email. 3. Smooth functioning once you get the hang of things. 4. Easy to implement no matter what website you use. I used it both on my custom designed Laravel site as well as on Wordpress.

Cons

1. Templates for landing pages and emails are poor. You're almost always better off starting from scratch and creating one or cloning a URL. 2. For beginners, the system and workflow is hard to master, especially because their Youtube training videos are amateur and boring.

Tommy

Highly recommend

Everything and more than I need. I did EXTENSIVE research before picking Engagebay and they havent disappointed me. This is a tool for what I need but also that can grow with me.

Pros

Cons

The social suite isnt really a tool I can use yet. I personally dont see the point of being able to view some of my social networks without being able to post. BUT on the other hand, they are fairly new and I understand that developing new features take time.

Reasons for choosing EngageBay

I looked at the most common ones and many more! I was down to either Hubspot or Engagebay. Both great products, but Engagebay had a reasonable price.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the great review Tommy.

Chad

Industry: Mental Health Care

EngageBay Review

Overall EngageBay has been easy to setup within our business and we are getting on track with becoming more efficient in using EngageBay. The Automation have been really great to have our clients journey more streamlined to free up more time for other tasks.

Pros

The email broadcast feature has been really great to schedule our messaging to clients. Having pre created email templates with all branding makes it easier to quickly prepare messaging for out going communication. Tasks has been great to track where we are at with clients and makes it easy for the team to see what's going on and if someone needs to fill in, its easy to tell where clients have been left off.

Cons

There has been some small bugs needed to be fixed and the Engage Bay team has been great about jumping on these and getting them sorted out for us. The integration into our business hasn't been as smooth as it could be with transitioning from other programs into Engage Bay, we have had to keep running both systems for the early stages so nothing gets missed.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

We were using multiple products and wanted an all in one product.

Anna

A great tool for marketing automation for small companies

Pros

EngageBay is a great tool for marketing automation for small companies (finally!) and for a reasonable price. You can customize all views and see the data you want to. You can take a bulk action on multiple contacts - this makes work easier and faster (and if you work on another platform, you can easily transfer your contact list). It enables creating contact lists so you can send tailor-made content. Its fully customized forms are a great way to gather leads from your website. You can also create a custom domain for landing pages built in EngageBay - it's very important to build credibility, cause people don't want to click on unknown links. PS: I'm referring to the Marketing Platform mostly.

Cons

I don't find anything to dislike, this tool seems to be pretty helpful.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review Anna

Replied July 2020

Muhammad

One of the best CRMs with support that understands you

Email marketing and sales activities have never been easier and EngageBay has done it easier. This application not only gives me the lead magnet that can make it easier for me to get new customers but also gives me the ability to engage them with marketing activities to make them loyal customers with all the features in this CRM.

Pros

To be honest, I just met CRM who can understand what I need to make my small business will promising to grow in the future and I can get it when using EngageBay. EngageBay gives me the best experience to run Email Marketing and Sales activities on one platform. Reps help me to achieve what I need with the best support that can't I imagine before.

Cons

What I dislike is, that I always get the best answers I need and make them use them as one of my favourite CRM applications. Automation on Email Marketing need more improvement.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for your feedback Ilham. We are pleased to have patrons like you who like our product. We are constantly working towards making EngageBay the best marketing and sales automation platform for growing businesses.

Replied December 2018

Elisa

Industry: Market Research

Easy to use, reliable and great customer service

Overall ewe have had a very pleasant experience with Engagebay and would recommend to others.

Pros

The system is easy to use and customer service is always on hand to talk you through any queries you may have. Having looked into other system, Engagebay is great value for money.

Cons

There were a few features e required for our business that the system couldn't accommodate, but we have found that no other CRM system can offer those features too.

Reasons for switching to EngageBay

We needed something more sophisticated that could offer more than just a very basic CRM

EngageBay