Foleon Software Reviews

Foleon Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"New features are introduced quite regularly making it easier to work with. You can hide from search engines (good for my publications as they are confidential and for internal use only)."
  • icon"The ease of use, the affordable price, the great people from support & sales."
  • icon"Easy to work collaboratively while developing content. Great helpdesk team who so far have been abel to resolve any issue straight away."
  • icon"What I liked least about this software was that there was absolutely no way to UNDO my actions, and I say it's a really serious issues, I almost lost what I did because of accidental clicks."
  • icon"I will tell you when the new Drag & Drop Editor is totally ready to go. Integrating and monitoring Google Analytics on GA is hard to do."
  • icon"The only thing I am missing is a tool to send the newsletter."

Browse all Foleon Reviews

• Have you used Foleon and would like to share your experience with others?

Marco

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

A great tool to share rich media device independant

Being able to publish rich media device independent and work with more that one person on a publication and having everything in the cloud.

Pros

Not having to deal with the code stuff and being able to work with more than one person on a publication makes it a team sport. This way you can develop faster and consentrate on the things your good at.

Cons

Having to wait lang for release of the drag and drop editor. Background video does not play on mobile devices. Somtime's interaction between the platform and de browser is slow but this is more a connection to internet problem.

Response from Foleon

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our product Marco. It's great to hear how you like how our platform has helped speed up your content creation time. We have now released the drag & drop editor so we hope you are enjoying it and if you have any more feedback then let us know for we are always looking to improve our platform!

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Easy to use, lots of possibilities

Lots of new followers!

Pros

Love the user experience, all the possible ways of using creativity to create something unique, and the possibility to deliver awesome products to our clients and their clients. The bounce rate is truly something, for we have an average of 3-4% bounces... Which is amazingly good.

Cons

It takes some time to create truly good background images in some templates. For example, when I'm posting a page about a motorcycle, I need an intro text and a background image. The introtext takes up about half the screen on mobile, and since I'm depending on the brands' images, I need to add a lot of scenery around the target in the image. But... Since I have to choose between these text and image on such a small screen, it's the best critic I can think of. Instant Magazine is amazing and editing capabilities are extremely user friendly.

Response from Foleon

Thank you for your review, We are happy to hear that you have created unique and awesome publications for your clients and that the bounce rate is so low! We appreciate your feedback regarding the background images and will pass it on to our product team since we are constantly looking for ways to improve. Thanks again for sharing your experience and keep on doing great work!

Ralph

Industry: Publishing

We made a mistake in buying this

We have parted brass rags, and paying for a year that we have no use for because we failed to cancel in time. Not people I would deal with again.

Pros

It seemed to work well - looked nice, easy to use, good final product

Cons

We could not get it to work well with our SEO, and nor could we get it to report ads well. A lot of our customers did not like the experience of the magazine that we produced

Response from Instant Magazine

Hi Ralph, our customer success managers have tried to reach you unsuccessfully for several weeks, I am sorry to hear that you feel we have let you down. We would still love to work with you to find a solution and show you the SEO features you may not yet have seen. We are eager to hear from you.

Replied November 2018

bruna

Foleon is a great digital publisher

My overall experience was indeed positive, except for the "ctrl z"/undo issue.

Pros

What I liked most about this app was that I can create digital publications directly on it, without having to pass through many steps, in example: create the document on adobe indesign, then export the PDF, then convert it, then publish it. Foleon is amazing because I can work and share the publications online, without any further problems!

Cons

What I liked least about this software was that there was absolutely no way to UNDO my actions, and I say it's a really serious issues, I almost lost what I did because of accidental clicks. I used to work with WIX and RD station and they already have this solution developed. I do like Foleon but I need to point this out to developers or UX designers because it breaks a fundamental law in user experience/interface: the user must have a way to undo or go back on his actions.

Response from Foleon

Thanks for reviewing us, Bruna! Great to hear our platform is saving you time through increased productivity and that you're publishing content faster than before. We can assure you that undo/redo is at the very top of our priority list - we hope to take our first steps this year! Update: Undo/redo functionality is now available! Check out this video for more info: https://video.foleon.com/undoredo-is-here-and-thats-not-all.

Replied June 2022

Pamela

Great platform for internal communication

The system is easy to use and very intuitive. I use the platform to publish a weekly update which I share with internal colleagues and I rarely have any issues in doing so.

Pros

- platform is easy and intuitive to use - new features are introduced quite regularly making it easier to work with - you can hide from search engines (good for my publications as they are confidential and for internal use only) - easy to convert to ZIP if files need to be downloaded - customer support is always easy and clear

Cons

- the margin function is not the easiest to control. At the moment I have to drag the margin up or down to increase or decrease the space between paragraphs. It would be great to pre-set the margin size on a paragraph element so I don't have to edit. - you are unable to delete publications as a publisher, you have to be an admin which was frustrating when I was only a publisher before

Response from Foleon

Thanks for your review, Pamela! Great to hear you find our platform easy to use, that you appreciate how often we launch new product functionality and that our support team is serving you well. We've taken note of your feedback regarding working with margins and the user rights that are connected to our collection of roles!

Replied March 2021

Elaine

Foleon Review

We love the dynamic abilities of Foleon - it's been a great benefit to the company. Our marketing team now has the ability to create beautiful pitches and presentations, that are far more engaging than PPT.

Pros

I like the ability to make dynamic content and collaborate with others on the platform. Our customer rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome, and always there to help us along the way. It's been a great add for us and helped with user engagement. Also love the analytics aspect.

Cons

The platform can be extremely slow at times, especially when publishing. I also wish we could lock down content and media files - think google drive approach. I would like the have the ability to share when needed, but keep locked when needed too.

Response from Foleon

Thanks for your review, Elaine! We're excited to hear you're benefiting from our platform when it comes to content creation, engagement, and analytics. Thanks for your feedback regarding publishing time and sharing/locking access to content and media, we've forwarded that to our product team!

Replied April 2021

Maquiro

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great tool. Easy to use and an excellent way to produce content suitable for desktop and mobile.

Pros

Easy to use, looks stunning, fantastic way of making content connected with Google Analytics. For example; producing whitepapers in PDF did not have this option. You don't have to know all the ins and outs of the software tool to make wonderful looking content. The software helps you, even software simpletons.

Response from Foleon

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts Maquiro! It's great to hear how you're loving the Google Analytics feature on our platform and are using it to measure the success of your whitepapers. We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

A new and slick looking way to show off your content

New website for customers - local newspaper style - has been achieved much more easily and rapidly than we'd have managed with Foleon. It's a big investment but offers a lot of potential.

Pros

Visually attractive and offers a fresh and dynamic way to create different kinds of microsites, content hubs etc. Very flexible, works for a range of different types of content, such as e-books, brochures. This software helped me deliver a big project in a speedy fashion that was very well received by key stakeholders at the company. Helped make the kernel of an idea quickly into reality. The key people at Foleon - in our case [SENSITIVE CONTENT] - have been absolutely top notch in helping us to achieve the goals we wanted to by taking on Foleon.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting of text or dragging and dropping elements can be niggly and frustrating. Embedding social media has proved to be an issue. These are not reasons to be put off though and I know improvements are being worked on regularly. The response from customer success/support team is very quick and friendly.

Foleon is an innovative, modern tool that produces great results

With the changes in the marketplace due to COVID and the shift to all virtual events I have been able to quickly and efficiently create custom sites for event audiences and more.

Pros

Versatile, easy to use, beautiful results with the ease of "drag and drop" and no coding required. The platform is constantly evolving with new features and integrations being added on a regular basis.

Cons

There are minor things missing ie. anchor links, side-by-side text and images etc. but the Foleon team has a terrific Roadmap for new features so it won't be long.

Response from Foleon

Thanks for your review! We're thrilled to hear we're helping you create better content, how excited you are about the continuous development of our platform, and that Foleon has helped you adapt to the challenges of COVID. Also, we appreciate you pointing out that there's always room for improvement and can assure you that our roadmap is definitely ever-evolving based on customer demand.

Replied March 2021

Mutta

Glad to work with Instant Magazine

Digitalizing

Pros

What I like most is especially how the software is designed to work so smooth and easy. The latest version Drag & Drop makes for me the difference to work very creative and fast.

Cons

There are some bugs, sometimes the page gives error and doesn't save your content. I like to have more options for the Drag & Drop update.

Response from Foleon

Hi Mutta, Thank you for your review. It's great to hear how the Drag & Drop editor has sped up your work but also made your content more creative! We are constantly working on improving our platform so will forward your feedback to our product team. Thanks again for sharing your experience and keep on doing great work!

Fred

At last: digital publishing became easy

State of the art digital publishing

Pros

Instantmagazine empowers content manageners to publish their content without necessary assistance of other staff specialist like IT. Content can be designed and distributed with the look and feel that is consistent with the brand. And even more important - we worked with pdf's - data are available to see what is read, what not thus enabling us to improve the readers experience.

Cons

Software is more than the url we work with. May be a better integration between the available roadmap and the log-in.

Response from Foleon

Thanks, Fred for reviewing us, It's great to hear how our platform has made digital publishing easy! We also appreciate feedback from customers as it's the only way we can truly grow. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community!

Elle

June 2022

Easy-to-use; makes compelling professional-looking content

Overall, great experience with Foleon. The customer service is responsive and the software is easy-to-use and makes publishing great looking content easy.

Pros

It is intuitive and the templates are really good. It makes your pages look professional and good.

Cons

Sometimes the editor is finnicky and hard to use.

Alain

Industry: Civil Engineering

Instant Magazine allowed me to quickly and easily create an engaging web experience.

I managed to turn around an engaging user experience quickly and effectively, creating a consistent product in multiple languages. It worked with very little headache, and I loved how free I was to design at my own discretion, with very few limitations, save for time and my own imagination. Thumbs way up on this product.

Pros

The drag and drop functionality worked well, removing much of the headache around designing a mobile experience that looks/works well in a desktop viewport. I found myself free to design whatever I wanted without much constraint or limitation. Everything just works.

Cons

There were a few things I wanted to do with the tool that I was unable to at the time of publication, such as creating an anchored link. But Instant Magazine shared their feature rollout calendar and I was pleased to get insight into what would be included down the road. It didn't help me out at the time, but having the knowledge that in the future I might be able to accomplish that task was nice.

Response from Foleon

Hi there Alain, Thanks for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear how you're loving the Drag & Drop editor and how it can help you create responsive publications. We also appreciate your feedback and will send it over to our product development team since we are always looking to improve our product. We're always happy to help and keep on doing great work!

Jun

Foleon's product and customer support team is stellar

I was very short on time when I was researching Foleon and it was impressive how quickly I was able to move from the first call to the demo, and signing the contract + a smooth onboarding and first meeting to design our digital ebook templates. Such a great team to work with!

Pros

Foleon's been great to work with, product and customer support team, and their knowledge base is incredibly robust. I appreciate how easy and intuitive the drag and drop functions are, and if I ever have a question then one of their help articles can guide me to the right answer (not to mention their very responsive customer success team). Foleon is exactly what our organization needed to take our content to the next level. Very sharp and polished and interactive!

Cons

Would looooove to have/see an "Undo" function implemented so I can feel more free to experiment inside the platform. At this time, I have to be much more careful in changes I make because I can't simply "undo" an action, therefore I feel like I'm working much slower than I'd like to.

Response from Foleon

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jun! We're thrilled to hear our platform is helping you take your content to the next level and that our team is serving you well. We can assure you that undo/redo is at the very top of our roadmap; we hope to take our first steps this year - empowering you to more freely experiment with your content and design! Update: Undo/redo functionality is now available! Check out this video for more info: https://video.foleon.com/undoredo-is-here-and-thats-not-all.

Replied June 2022

Fantastic, frustrating, functional, fair, flippant, friendly

Pros

Easy to use, produces attractive publications. Allows you to demonstrate creative flair, whilst not having to undergo a steep learning curve.

Cons

The drag and drop, honestly does not work properly. I honestly don't understand why this was introduced, it is clunky and unuseable for the most part. I have tried and then had to abandon projects using drap and drop. When you are going through completed magazines, it also shows traces of the underlying template that you have been using. I think its a nice idea, but in reality does not work. Needs urgent attention. Thumbnail previews don't always work, which is frustating particulary when you are posting online.

Response from Foleon

Wow, so many words to describe our platform! We are so happy to hear that it has allowed you to show off your creative flair in your content. We are also constantly working on improving our platform and so you can follow our product road map to see what improvements we intend to make: https://roadmap.foleon.com/the-foleon-roadmap/cover/ Thanks again for sharing your experience and let us know how we can continue to be of service.

Corrie

An amazing product to make a fabulous magazine!

Pros

Every week I make a small online magazine. That's a big task for me. But with the tools of Instant Magazine I can make a magazine that looks really professional with not a lot of knowledge.

Cons

There are a lot of options, I could do with less options, it makes it sometimes more difficult then necessary. And sometimes I would like a picture in an other place but that's not possible.

Response from Foleon

Thanks Corrie for your review, Its great to hear that our platform has helped you create professional-looking magazines with ease. We are also constantly improving our platform so you can take a look at our product roadmap to see what improvements are on the way: https://roadmap.foleon.com/the-foleon-roadmap/cover/ We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

Mary

Foleon is a true, streaming, online design platform.

Pros

Once I mastered Foleon’s learning curve, the pages started to come together. Foleon’s "drag and drop" platform uses branded blocks to build pages in real time. You can change typography, colors, and create a brand platform on the fly. The tutorials are very helpful. I followed through with them side-by-side as I prepared my first project. The FAQ backup pages filled in many of the blanks when I got stuck. We are moving away from pdfs and this has great potential.

Cons

Wish list. In an age of universal streaming, with occasional connectivity issues, Foleon should add a “save draft” button or some way to save in real time. An undo button. I’m also unsure how to move certain files around. If I save something as a template, is it a universal template, a project template, or a publication template? Especially when there are levels of brand distinctions or publication hierarchies. Dividers should be able to go to max width. They have a variable width.

Response from Foleon

Thanks for your review, Mary! We're excited to hear our platform is empowering you to create branded content easily and move away from legacy formats like PDFs. Our platform saves all edits you make in real-time and we can assure you that "undo" is at the very top of our priority list; we hope to launch the first functionality this year! Update: Undo/redo functionality is now available! Check out this video for more info: https://video.foleon.com/undoredo-is-here-and-thats-not-all.