• Pros

• "Easy to use, produces attractive publications. Allows you to demonstrate creative flair, whilst not having to undergo a steep learning curve."

• "After a short time, it became easy to create engaging content quickly. "

• "Drag and drop is the most effectief way to compose the pages, with maximum creativity how to compose "

• Cons

• "There are a lot of options, I could do with less options, it makes it sometimes more difficult then necessary. And sometimes I would like a picture in an other place but that's not possible."

• "Once you understand the (few) limitations of the platform you can work within the provided templates. Occasionally you need to force content into a template which is not 100% your vsion for the page."

• "I will tell you when the new Drag & Drop Editor is totally ready to go. Integrating and monitoring Google Analytics on GA is hard to do."

Browse Foleon Reviews

Marco from Deloitte

A great tool to share rich media device independant

Being able to publish rich media device independent and work with more that one person on a publication and having everything in the cloud.

Pros

Not having to deal with the code stuff and being able to work with more than one person on a publication makes it a team sport. This way you can develop faster and consentrate on the things your good at.

Cons

Having to wait lang for release of the drag and drop editor. Background video does not play on mobile devices. Somtime's interaction between the platform and de browser is slow but this is more a connection to internet problem.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our product Marco. It's great to hear how you like how our platform has helped speed up your content creation time. We have now released the drag & drop editor so we hope you are enjoying it and if you have any more feedback then let us know for we are always looking to improve our platform!

Easy to use, lots of possibilities

Lots of new followers!

Pros

Love the user experience, all the possible ways of using creativity to create something unique, and the possibility to deliver awesome products to our clients and their clients. The bounce rate is truly something, for we have an average of 3-4% bounces... Which is amazingly good.

Cons

It takes some time to create truly good background images in some templates. For example, when I'm posting a page about a motorcycle, I need an intro text and a background image. The introtext takes up about half the screen on mobile, and since I'm depending on the brands' images, I need to add a lot of scenery around the target in the image. But... Since I have to choose between these text and image on such a small screen, it's the best critic I can think of. Instant Magazine is amazing and editing capabilities are extremely user friendly.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thank you for your review, We are happy to hear that you have created unique and awesome publications for your clients and that the bounce rate is so low! We appreciate your feedback regarding the background images and will pass it on to our product team since we are constantly looking for ways to improve. Thanks again for sharing your experience and keep on doing great work!

Jun from Proxyclick S.A.

Foleon's product and customer support team is stellar

I was very short on time when I was researching Foleon and it was impressive how quickly I was able to move from the first call to the demo, and signing the contract + a smooth onboarding and first meeting to design our digital ebook templates. Such a great team to work with!

Pros

Foleon's been great to work with, product and customer support team, and their knowledge base is incredibly robust. I appreciate how easy and intuitive the drag and drop functions are, and if I ever have a question then one of their help articles can guide me to the right answer (not to mention their very responsive customer success team). Foleon is exactly what our organization needed to take our content to the next level. Very sharp and polished and interactive!

Cons

Would looooove to have/see an "Undo" function implemented so I can feel more free to experiment inside the platform. At this time, I have to be much more careful in changes I make because I can't simply "undo" an action, therefore I feel like I'm working much slower than I'd like to.

Response from Foleon

Replied April 2021

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jun! We're thrilled to hear our platform is helping you take your content to the next level and that our team is serving you well. We can assure you that undo/redo is at the very top of our roadmap; we hope to take our first steps this year - empowering you to more freely experiment with your content and design!

Ralph from Lucas Publications Ltd

Industry: Publishing

We made a mistake in buying this

We have parted brass rags, and paying for a year that we have no use for because we failed to cancel in time. Not people I would deal with again.

Pros

It seemed to work well - looked nice, easy to use, good final product

Cons

We could not get it to work well with our SEO, and nor could we get it to report ads well. A lot of our customers did not like the experience of the magazine that we produced

Response from Instant Magazine

Replied November 2018

Hi Ralph, our customer success managers have tried to reach you unsuccessfully for several weeks, I am sorry to hear that you feel we have let you down. We would still love to work with you to find a solution and show you the SEO features you may not yet have seen. We are eager to hear from you.

Pamela from Northgate Public Services

Great platform for internal communication

The system is easy to use and very intuitive. I use the platform to publish a weekly update which I share with internal colleagues and I rarely have any issues in doing so.

Pros

- platform is easy and intuitive to use - new features are introduced quite regularly making it easier to work with - you can hide from search engines (good for my publications as they are confidential and for internal use only) - easy to convert to ZIP if files need to be downloaded - customer support is always easy and clear

Cons

- the margin function is not the easiest to control. At the moment I have to drag the margin up or down to increase or decrease the space between paragraphs. It would be great to pre-set the margin size on a paragraph element so I don't have to edit. - you are unable to delete publications as a publisher, you have to be an admin which was frustrating when I was only a publisher before

Response from Foleon

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Pamela! Great to hear you find our platform easy to use, that you appreciate how often we launch new product functionality and that our support team is serving you well. We've taken note of your feedback regarding working with margins and the user rights that are connected to our collection of roles!

Maquiro from Tentoo HR | PAYROLL | ZZP

Great tool. Easy to use and an excellent way to produce content suitable for desktop and mobile.

Pros

Easy to use, looks stunning, fantastic way of making content connected with Google Analytics. For example; producing whitepapers in PDF did not have this option. You don't have to know all the ins and outs of the software tool to make wonderful looking content. The software helps you, even software simpletons.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts Maquiro! It's great to hear how you're loving the Google Analytics feature on our platform and are using it to measure the success of your whitepapers. We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

Foleon is an innovative, modern tool that produces great results

With the changes in the marketplace due to COVID and the shift to all virtual events I have been able to quickly and efficiently create custom sites for event audiences and more.

Pros

Versatile, easy to use, beautiful results with the ease of "drag and drop" and no coding required. The platform is constantly evolving with new features and integrations being added on a regular basis.

Cons

There are minor things missing ie. anchor links, side-by-side text and images etc. but the Foleon team has a terrific Roadmap for new features so it won't be long.

Response from Foleon

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review! We're thrilled to hear we're helping you create better content, how excited you are about the continuous development of our platform, and that Foleon has helped you adapt to the challenges of COVID. Also, we appreciate you pointing out that there's always room for improvement and can assure you that our roadmap is definitely ever-evolving based on customer demand.

Mutta from THOMS Aviation

Glad to work with Instant Magazine

Digitalizing

Pros

What I like most is especially how the software is designed to work so smooth and easy. The latest version Drag & Drop makes for me the difference to work very creative and fast.

Cons

There are some bugs, sometimes the page gives error and doesn't save your content. I like to have more options for the Drag & Drop update.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Hi Mutta, Thank you for your review. It's great to hear how the Drag & Drop editor has sped up your work but also made your content more creative! We are constantly working on improving our platform so will forward your feedback to our product team. Thanks again for sharing your experience and keep on doing great work!

Mary from Cognizant

Foleon is a true, streaming, online design platform.

Pros

Once I mastered Foleon’s learning curve, the pages started to come together. Foleon’s "drag and drop" platform uses branded blocks to build pages in real time. You can change typography, colors, and create a brand platform on the fly. The tutorials are very helpful. I followed through with them side-by-side as I prepared my first project. The FAQ backup pages filled in many of the blanks when I got stuck. We are moving away from pdfs and this has great potential.

Cons

Wish list. In an age of universal streaming, with occasional connectivity issues, Foleon should add a “save draft” button or some way to save in real time. An undo button. I’m also unsure how to move certain files around. If I save something as a template, is it a universal template, a project template, or a publication template? Especially when there are levels of brand distinctions or publication hierarchies. Dividers should be able to go to max width. They have a variable width.

Response from Foleon

Replied April 2021

Thanks for your review, Mary! We're excited to hear our platform is empowering you to create branded content easily and move away from legacy formats like PDFs. Our platform saves all edits you make in real-time and we can assure you that "undo" is at the very top of our priority list; we hope to launch the first functionality this year!

Alain from WSP in Canada

Industry: Civil Engineering

Instant Magazine allowed me to quickly and easily create an engaging web experience.

I managed to turn around an engaging user experience quickly and effectively, creating a consistent product in multiple languages. It worked with very little headache, and I loved how free I was to design at my own discretion, with very few limitations, save for time and my own imagination. Thumbs way up on this product.

Pros

The drag and drop functionality worked well, removing much of the headache around designing a mobile experience that looks/works well in a desktop viewport. I found myself free to design whatever I wanted without much constraint or limitation. Everything just works.

Cons

There were a few things I wanted to do with the tool that I was unable to at the time of publication, such as creating an anchored link. But Instant Magazine shared their feature rollout calendar and I was pleased to get insight into what would be included down the road. It didn't help me out at the time, but having the knowledge that in the future I might be able to accomplish that task was nice.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Hi there Alain, Thanks for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear how you're loving the Drag & Drop editor and how it can help you create responsive publications. We also appreciate your feedback and will send it over to our product development team since we are always looking to improve our product. We're always happy to help and keep on doing great work!

Fantastic, frustrating, functional, fair, flippant, friendly

Pros

Cons

The drag and drop, honestly does not work properly. I honestly don't understand why this was introduced, it is clunky and unuseable for the most part. I have tried and then had to abandon projects using drap and drop. When you are going through completed magazines, it also shows traces of the underlying template that you have been using. I think its a nice idea, but in reality does not work. Needs urgent attention. Thumbnail previews don't always work, which is frustating particulary when you are posting online.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Wow, so many words to describe our platform! We are so happy to hear that it has allowed you to show off your creative flair in your content. We are also constantly working on improving our platform and so you can follow our product road map to see what improvements we intend to make: https://roadmap.foleon.com/the-foleon-roadmap/cover/ Thanks again for sharing your experience and let us know how we can continue to be of service.

Corrie from Stories we Tell

An amazing product to make a fabulous magazine!

Pros

Every week I make a small online magazine. That's a big task for me. But with the tools of Instant Magazine I can make a magazine that looks really professional with not a lot of knowledge.

Cons

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks Corrie for your review, Its great to hear that our platform has helped you create professional-looking magazines with ease. We are also constantly improving our platform so you can take a look at our product roadmap to see what improvements are on the way: https://roadmap.foleon.com/the-foleon-roadmap/cover/ We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

Easy and fast creating beautiful online magazines

Subscribers. Advertisers. Bloggers for free. Authority.

Pros

Integrating text, url's, pics and videos. I can build and adjust pages fast en easy for my customers. Magazines made by the software are a proven opportunity to collect subscribers in my case.

Cons

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience with Foleon, It's amazing to hear how magazines created from our platform have helped you increase subscribers! We are constantly working on improving our platform so will take forward your feedback to our product team. We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and keep on producing stunning magazines!

Fred from Open Universiteit Nederland

At last: digital publishing became easy

State of the art digital publishing

Pros

Instantmagazine empowers content manageners to publish their content without necessary assistance of other staff specialist like IT. Content can be designed and distributed with the look and feel that is consistent with the brand. And even more important - we worked with pdf's - data are available to see what is read, what not thus enabling us to improve the readers experience.

Cons

Software is more than the url we work with. May be a better integration between the available roadmap and the log-in.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks, Fred for reviewing us, It's great to hear how our platform has made digital publishing easy! We also appreciate feedback from customers as it's the only way we can truly grow. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community!

Joey from Hogeschool Inholland

Beautiful designs, easy to use, and great customer support

Pros

The ease of use and customer support are both really good. A few months ago I started using IM, having no clue how to design everything I had in mind. Now, a few months later, I feel like I've learned so much and really understand how their design-tool works.

Cons

Sometimes while creating an article, I receive new content that I actually also want to add to that article then. That's only not always possible (or not possible in a nice and convenient way) when I've already chosen for a certain format. I then have to create a new page and that's a waste of time and energy.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback Joey. We are happy to hear how you find the platform easy to use and that our support team has been able to help you along the way! We are constantly working on improving our platform so you can take a look at our product roadmap page to stay up to date with all the latest features we are working on: https://roadmap.foleon.com/the-foleon-roadmap/cover/ Thanks again for sharing your experience and let us know how we can continue to be of service.

Marco from Open Universiteit

A great tool to easy create and publish our magazines for our students en prospects

fast, easy sett-up and publication of our magazines. Transition from print to digital.

Pros

Easy of use, powerful interface, drag and drop editor capabilities... and a fast and easy learning curve.

Cons

there are no cons about instantmagazine. Be aware that you have to explain the benefits to your organisation. The average mindset is based on websites.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thank you Marco for your positive feedback on our platform! We love hearing how you find the platform easy to use and that it has helped you create magazines for students and prospects. We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

Lindsay from Chaucer Group

Set the standard for new internal comms

Pros

I was able to create professional looking newsletters for our company that are engaging (the built in stats are their to confirm), easy to view on mobile as well, and the customer service was great. Lot of fun to play with

Cons

It's come a long way over the last 2-3 years. There were a number of time-sucking glitches in the first year, some really fiddly things. The customer focus meant I had my account manager on Skype for urgent stuff (support team- you rock star!), but I did need to watch the time difference with UK / Europe. These funny countries that have socially responsible work hours... :)

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Hi Lindsay, Great to hear how you have been able to create professional-looking newsletters that are also responsive with our platform! Our support team is also very happy that you mentioned them and that they were able to help you. Thanks so much for sharing your experience and let us know how we can continue to be of service.

Alex from ownR Magazine

A great idea and easy product to use. Instant magazine is intuitive and creates a wonderful product

Pros

I like that I can edit and create on the fly with my team. If something needs to be fixed and I cannot access the internet immediately, one of our team members can log in and correct something if needed.

Cons

I guess I would have to say that my least favorite part is how limited it is. But it isn't very limited. They development team is scheduling new features all the time and even if they left the application how it is we could continue to use it to make a great product.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks, Alex for your feedback on our platform, It's great to hear how your whole team can work together on one publication and edit it whenever! We are also constantly working on improving our platform so you can take a look at our product roadmap to see what's in store for you: https://roadmap.foleon.com/the-foleon-roadmap/cover/ Thanks again for sharing your experience and let us know how we can continue to be of service.

A platform that could transform your ability to communicate

The people and the platform are amongdt the ebst business tools I have ever used.

Pros

After a short time, it became easy to create engaging content quickly.

Cons

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your review, We are glad to hear that our platform has helped you create engaging content quickly. We are constantly working on improving our platform so here is our product roadmap so you can stay up to date on all our upcoming features: https://roadmap.foleon.com/the-foleon-roadmap/cover/ We're always happy to help and keep on doing great work!

Michel from Sabel Communicatie

Instant keeps the software up to date so as a user I always have the latest version/possibilities

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the expert knowledge how to put it on the web and how subdomains has to be implemented in the system

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Hi Michel, Thanks for taking the time to review us and great to hear you are loving the Drag & Drop editor and how creative it is. We appreciate your feedback and our support team is always here to help when implementing your subdomains so feel free to contact them. Thanks again for sharing your experience and let us know how we can continue to be of service.

Jane from OptimaForma

Foleon

Pros

The ease of use, the affordable price, the great people from support & sales

Cons

The constant changes in pricing and licenses

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

We appreciate your feedback Jane and are happy that you find the platform easy to use. Our support and sales team are also very grateful to be mentioned and please let us know how we can continue to be of service! We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and keep up the great work!

Elle from Advance Partners

Easy to use and beautiful results

Pros

Foleon is easy to use even as a non-designer. You can make very professional looking projects just with drag and drop. I am impressed by the platform. Foleon helps us cut down the time to publish because instead of relying on a designer to create a PDF, we can do it ourselves. And it looks better at the end.

Cons

Sometimes the platform can be slow and clunky. But it seems to be getting better.

Response from Foleon

Replied March 2021

Hi Elle, thanks for submitting a review! We're happy to hear that Foleon is helping you improve quality while also speeding up your content creation process. Platform performance or speed is always at the top of our priority list and will definitely keep improving over time to come.

Easy to use with excellent templates avaliable

This software helps us to design and publish our magazine.

Pros

What I like most about this software is actually their support team. They answered and helped us with every design questions when we just started to use this software.

Cons

Google Tag Manager is only available if you pay, while everybody knows the advertising revenue is the one and only source of revenue to most publishers.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks so much for your time and for sharing your experience with Foleon! Our support team is so happy and proud to hear that you mentioned them as the best aspect of our platform. We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

Connie from Erasmus MC

Foleon magazines

Our solution for a fast special, where a printed version is not an option because of the turnaround time. And a more modern look via this digital option

Pros

Easy to use, nice options. Quickly a professional-looking product

Cons

It is sometimes too complicated to align things.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Hi there Connie, Thank you for the review and happy to hear the platform has allowed you to create content faster. We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

Tim from Coöperatie VGZ

Great software to create magazines, brochures etc in a fun and personalized way. Highly recommended.

Pros

Instant magazine offers extensive options for personalisation, is easy to use, and has beautiful templates.

Cons

I can't really think of something negative about Instant Magazine. It's simply a great tool to create beautiful content. Some of my clients would like the options to fully download it as a pdf, but I think that's more a transition of mindset about ONLINE magazines vs offline ugly pdf's ;)

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks Tim for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you have been able to create personalized magazines and brochures through our templates offered on the platform. It is now possible to download publications into a PDF so your clients will now be able to do so. We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and keep on doing great work!

Toine from Admix

Easy to use platform that deleivers a high quality user experience

A very goodlooking magazine and longreeds that are fun to produce

Pros

Instant Magazine has a wide choice of professional tempates and the willingness of the support team to really support

Cons

Instant Magazine might not be the cheapest platform available but certainly one of the best. It takes some time before you have all the various functionalities and possibilities mastered

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks, Toine for your review, It's great to hear that you're loving the ease of use of our platform and its high-quality user experience. We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

Vince from OB

Dynamic digital publishing tool designed to enrich user experiences

We no longer need to commission web development work on our existing website when creating dynamic web experiences.

Pros

Robust onboarding team got us going very quickly with the tool. In just over a week we were able to get trained up and publish our first annual report. The tool is intuative to digital marketers and designers alike. Foleon is flexible but not too flexible, so we never felt like we could push things too far and break any code or functionality.

Cons

Not a dislike, but it would be great if they expanded the data visualisation capability so you didn't have to rely on 3rd party plugins.

Response from Foleon

Replied April 2021

Thanks for submitting a review, Vince! We're glad to hear the onboarding team got you up to speed quickly and that the platform's intuitiveness and flexibility are helping you create content experiences faster. Regarding data visualization, you'll be happy to hear we recently launched new functionalities for this. See an example here: https://guide.foleon.com/data-elements/one-pager/ and check out our Help Center to learn more: https://learn.foleon.com/en/articles/4818332-new-data-elements. If you have feedback/suggestions about this, be sure to connect with our Customer Success Team so they can forward it internally!

Amarins from ROC Friese Poort

We are very satisfied about Instant Magazine. It feels like you're reading a real magazine.

Pros

All the possibilities in Instant Magazine are really usefull. Especially all the tracking information (analytics) helps a lot by developing the magazine.

Cons

If you want a perfect magazine, it cost time. More time than we expected. Thats something we didn't realised.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Wow Amarins thanks for the amazing review! We are so happy to hear that you're loving the analytic capabilities within the platform and how it feels like your reading a real magazine. We look forward to continuing to have you as part of our community and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

Instant Magazine!

Pros

It's a great tool for creating interactive pieces that are hosted online. With the limited features in the cons section, they are doing a great job of improving what add ons they do have and adding new add ons. They have great customer service reps that are always offering help explaing what IM can be used for and just any general questions we have.

Cons

Some of the features are still limited in what they can do, also have a little trouble compensating for screen size.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you are loving the new add ons and that our customer support has been a great help in getting to know the platform. We are constantly working on improving our platform so here is our product roadmap so you can stay up to date on all our upcoming features: https://roadmap.foleon.com/the-foleon-roadmap/cover/ Thanks again for sharing your experience and let us know how we can continue to be of service.

Miel from TieBie Marketing

Good potential

Quite good. Despite the fact that it has to speed up, the posibilities and usage beats the need for speed.

Pros

Easy to use, responsiveness and posibillities

Cons

I needs to speed up. At some points the proces to load or change elements is too slow.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Hi there Miel, Thank you for your review and good to hear you like the responsiveness of our platform. We're restructuring our codebase to make working in the editor a lot faster. Additionally, we're launching improvements for the UI of the editor. We're always happy to help and keep on doing great work!

Danja from Restaurant Hotel Merlet

Love the quality

We are sending our monthly Merlet Magazine with foleon and we love the possibility to add direct links and extra information to the magazine. It really increases the bookings and reservations.

Pros

I love the quality of the outcome and how easy it is to start a newsletter or event page.

Cons

The software is not cheap but it is worth the quality. The only thing I am missing is a tool to send the newsletter. I hope this will be an extra option in the future.

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us Danja, Very happy to hear that you like the feature of adding links into your online magazine and that it has brought you more bookings and reservations too! We're always happy to help and if you ever have any suggestions on our platform then let us know!

neil from Travelport

Easy to use and looks good

easy to make something that looks good

Pros

easy to work collaboratively while developing content. great helpdesk team who so far have been abel to resolve any issue straight away

Cons

we have come across a couple of bugs but the helpdesk help sort them out quickly. cant think of anything else

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thanks Neil for your feedback, It's great to hear how the platform has allowed your team to work collaboratively on content! We are constantly working on improving our platform so happy to hear that the bug issues have been sorted and if you run into any more then feel free to contact our support team. We're always happy to help and keep on doing great work!

Tiffany from Hamilton Anderson Associates

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Amazing. Beyond what we imagined

Pros

The end result. We have received so many compliments on our newly redesigned and launched newsletter.

Cons

Learning all the capabilities of the software. It's seems like the possibilities are endless. Could be over whemling

Response from Foleon

Replied October 2019

Thank you, Tiffany, for your review, It's great to hear how many compliments you received when you launched your newsletter in Foleon! We also have a dedicated support team to help with learning the capabilities of the software so if you ever feel overwhelmed feel free to contact them on the chat settings within the dashboard. We're always happy to help and keep on doing great work!