All Higher Logic Thrive Reviews

Stephanie

Banking, 11-50 employees

Engagement Made Easy!

PROS

The ability to easily allow your members to engage with eachother, securely!

CONS

Admin portal is hard to navigate, lots of options, but not easy to find where you need to go to find what you need.

Reviewed November 2018

Easy platform to adapt to for staff and members

It has been a really great experience and the Higher Logic team is awesome!

PROS

I prefer this software because members need something that is convenient and enables them to talk to each other without the hassle. This gives them a place to talk, share documents, have private conversations, etc. As a community manager, I can maintain the back-end without interruption to their natural dialogue.

CONS

I customized the design because I needed it to be "pretty." I think if it were easier to make it a bit more natural to websites within the tool, that would be the only change I would make at the moment.

Meghann

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Go with a different service

My overall experience with Higher Logic hasn't been great. For the last 8 months, we've been *trying* to work with their customer support specialists and even had to meet with their CTO for the lack of communication, no alternatives provided, etc. For how much we pay and how long we've gone without having full accessibility to this service is ridiculous. I'd much rather pay for a platform that gets our job done without working longer hours due to Higher Logic's issues on the backend (that's effected all companies, apparently). I just feel that this experience ruined it for me with ALL Higher Logic products and services.

PROS

The only thing I liked is how ease it was to use pre-built templates.

CONS

There has been an on-going issue where you're unable to save your work since February 2022 and there were IQA issues in November 2021 - February 2022. It just seems that there's been constant problems on the backend (admitted by the CTO himself). Additionally, the lack of updates and support from their customer support team has ruined the experience. I would suggest paying more for a more reliable service. My department has been under fire by our executive team due to issues from Higher Logic that they don't seem to care about. If you're using this platform for email automation, I give this software a zero. Emails have failed to go out to our contact list, doesn't save, etc. which causes a lot of frustration on the customer/users end. We've missed several deadlines because of their 504 errors and don't hear back from customer service reps for days on end.

Reviewed May 2018

Amazing tool for member engagement

PROS

Our organization uses higher logic for many things. The fact that you can manage an online forum and see so many members engage with each other is amazing. We also use higher logic to manage our volunteer application process. It keeps it very organized with all the deadlines and applications and sending out emails approving/declining members. There are so many different functions you can utilize with Higher Logic and there is still so much more for us to learn. Their customer service is great and the ticket process is very simple and you typically hear back within an hour or so from customer service.

CONS

You really have to learn the back end of higher logic to make changes which can be very confusing. That is really my only complaint which I can't even complain about- you just have to adjust and learn how the system works because their are so many options.

Best Support in the Software World

We came to Higher Logic 8 years ago and have been a loyal customer ever since. We have recently added the Informz product to our services for our members and the integration with our community site and AMS was seamless mostly due to Higher Logic's support team.

PROS

Set up and ease of use are amazing. Higher Logic Support stays with you from integration through your entire life cycle of the software. You never feel like you have been left on your own.

CONS

Need a few more levels on the admin side. there are community admins but they should have the ability to impersonate members in order to assist them.

Reviewed November 2018

Higher Logic is a great tool for reaching out to our members

My overall experience with higher logic online community has been fantastic and I'm looking forward to the new "face-lift" that is coming for admins of the community.

PROS

I like the ease of being able to use the community as both an admin and user. It is very user-friendly and integrates well with our customer management software.

CONS

Although it integrates well with our CMS, I'll give this product 5 stars once the document features integrate.

Reviewed November 2018

Everything we need in one place

We moved to Higher Logic to host our website as well as our online community for an education association. The transition to the new website and community was seamless from our members' perspective! They found using Higher Logic's community functionality to be very user friendly and we have a very active online community. Integrating the community tools into the CMS also gives us some great ways to highlight the community on our website.

PROS

The ability to integrate the CMS, email automation and online community.

CONS

Resource library tool has an outdated look and feel and has limited functionality.

More Learning

Overall, I learn more daily. i am still trying to get buy-in from my association, but I am fighting for HL because I believe it is capable of so much more.

PROS

I like how easy it is to learn how to use the product. I love how information is easy to find.

CONS

I think training for community managers should be longer. After 2.5 years of being on the platform, I am just learning things I need to know. However, since being CM, there is so much I need to know and I wish i would have gotten all of this information prior to be becoming the CM.

Constantly Improving - So much more coming

After I attending conference, I will make sure to be more involved in the HUG communities. I realized that I am missing out on so much content.

PROS

I love the ability the system gives us to connect members, provide them with resources and actually reach all of the members using the system all at once.

CONS

It is difficult to make changes and its not very intuitive. I am excited for the changes being made to the admin section, I hope these updates make it easier to changes and access different features.

Reviewed November 2018

Would appreciate more features without add on costs.

LOVE HUG!!!! Great members who always help each other out.

PROS

Love the ease for the end user (or members) If the pages/platform are designed correctly by admin/staff they love this connection to their peers.

CONS

admin interface...its clunky and somewhat confusing. The reports are hard to come out with a final combined report

Molly

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Higher Logic Community Management

I enjoy HUG quite a lot. I think it leads by example and is easy to use.

PROS

The Higher Logic platform allows for members to communicate with each other in a safe place, removing the middle man. My company, prior, had been tasked with being the middle man. Our members would contact us with queries, we would have to make the appropriate questions. HL helps to remove us as an extra step in THAT process, allowing us to focus on other matters.

CONS

There are times when I wish HL had some more plug/play style technology. The ability to drag and drop entries, personalize a homepage, etc. I have been in my current position for only 6 months so a lack of familiarity with the product is part of the issue; but is seems that some of these features arein the works as we speak (per the opening sessions).

Reason for choosing Higher Logic Thrive

I was not with the company when the decision was made.

Cassandra

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Online Communities Was A Win

PROS

Launching online communities through Higher Logic has been a great decision for our organization. It has allowed our members big and small to engage with their peers. It has been well received.

CONS

Our least favorite thing about Higher Logic is the customer support process. When we signed on it was a very personal experience. It has since become a bit sterile.

Reason for choosing Higher Logic Thrive

iMIS Communities was not as user friendly.

Michelle

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Lots of features and great support

PROS

There are a lot of great features available with the online community depending on what package you have. You are able to use it for forum style discussions as well as share and save documents. Communities can be private or public to all members of an association.

CONS

The library is not totally intuitive and can be a little tricky to rearrange and organize, however this is minor compared to the benefits HL offers.

Lindsey

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Good product, great support, outstanding future

We needed something to replace our old listservs. We are so far so happy with Higher Logic. The system is so searchable, so our users can find and use the amazing content they have helped to create.

PROS

This software is excellent for accomplishing goals of engaging community members. I appreciate the ability to automate activities and engagements. I also love the report functionality. The New Admin Experience has really enhanced my ability to support our community. It's MUCH easier to find what I need.

CONS

I did find that there was quite a learning curve for the community site and the admin side.

jackie

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Online Community Success

PROS

Our community has been a success from day one and has been a great addition to the benefits we offer our customers and to our marketing program.

CONS

Some of the user features and interfaces are a little clunky.

Wanda

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

My higher logic experience

Lets us provide our members with a secure platform for networking

PROS

being able to engage our members in the open forum

CONS

Would like to be able to use HTML code and have more opportunity for designing email blasts

Heather

Chemicals, 2-10 employees

Easy to Use and Implement

I truly enjoy it and hope that our users expound upon it and that it becomes a huge part of our member value and communication strategy.

PROS

The Higher Logic team were so hands-on and helpful during our training, implementation and execution. They went above and beyond to understand our needs and help us develop the platform that worked for us. I would highly recommend Higher Logic an their team.

CONS

It used to be the admin side - but now I love the new Admin!

Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees