What are Hootsuite users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Hootsuite software through verified user reviews

3,073 Reviews

1,551
1,116

• icon"I absolutely love this program and I personally use it to maintain my social media presence. It is awesome to set a schedule of posting and you can share with a team if you need to."
  • icon"The UI is good, Seeing all your social media status and replying to the comments you received on one platform is an amazing feature this is the reason I still use this."
  • icon"I appreciate Hootsuite's commitment to supporting nonprofits in offering discounts that make it affordable for us to use with our team."
  • icon"It doesn't have many features that aren't included in a given social media platform's native scheduling app, and in many cases it's actively worse due to a lack of proper licensure."
  • icon"I don't like when you are switching back and forth from planner to content you loose your spot in the planner and have to search for the day you were on."

Browse all Hootsuite Reviews

• Have you used Hootsuite and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 3,047 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,047 reviews

Good centralized tool for managing social media

Ernesto Alfonso

May 2022

Herramienta imprescindible para ComunityManager

No puedes concebir tu trabajo de Comunity Manager sin esta herramienta, es necesaria.

Pros

La capacidad de integrar todas las redes sociales y administrarlas es impactante, su fácil organización, feeds y menciones es única. Por medio de ella puedes visualizar todas tus redes y administrarlas con rapidez y eficacia.

Cons

La versión gratuita es limitada pero la de paga vale cada centavo que puedas invertir. Fuera de ello no tiene contras.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Por la gran calidad de este software. Su potencia y capacidad de integrar todas las redes sociales es sin igual

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Por que es más amigable, fácil y potente para integrar y administrar columnas para su fácil uso.

Arzu

April 2022

Useful for beginners but high priced

Especially for the free version, I can say that since we have switched to a maker-checker structure in our social media marketing process, checking the planned posts much earlier prevents problems that may occur in the instant posting. Making improvements on the features I explained in the cons section will make the product much more effective, but if you are just a beginner, it will be easier for you to try the free plan.

Pros

It's useful to connect more than one social platform and manage all of them from one channel.

Cons

Unfortunately I think the pricing is expensive. Also, the lack of a scheduling option for stories complicates the process. The most important shortcoming for me is the lack of a PDF scheduling option for LinkedIn. I think this is a very necessary feature especially for B2B marketers. I also think it is necessary to integrate more social media accounts, especially for the free plan. I understand the scheduling limits, but I think every marketer, even if it is a free plan, needs to be able to use all social media accounts on the free plan to test the effectiveness of the product.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

To manage multiple social media accounts from a single platform

Vignesh

Hootsuite's multi platform integration is the best one

I have been able to save time as the content gets posted across multiple channels at once instead of manually uploading it at each place.

Pros

Access to integrate many platforms together and save time.

Cons

Few bugs which I have reported (like a buggy UI). The next thing was its limitations on the number of accounts.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Because of the brand and its reputation.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Much better functionalities. The prices were also better with this one. Better product.

Kelly

Industry: Sporting Goods

May 2022

Value for the cost has dropped

I used Hootsuite for about 10 years. In that time I saw them going from a leader in social media management for anyone to being an enterprise only option. The monthly costs finally caused me to stop using them for all but scheduled Tweets through their free accounts.

Pros

The app is easy to use and navigate. Scheduling social media posts to go out when you need them too. Being able to manage more than one account. View and respond to multiple posts on multiple platforms on one screen/app.

Cons

As different social media platforms changed Hootsuite had to change with it making them lose quite a few features. Costs for an individual or small business is outrageous. They only offer very limited free or over the top expensive options.

Alberto

A Great Tool For Social Scheduling - But Others Offer More For Less

Overall the product has served us well; we're still using it daily and are able to plan campaigns around our scheduling abilities, we're able to connect directly with our customers and assigned potential customer service issues within our team with a few clicks. Over time however, social platforms are getting savvy to the needs of businesses are starting to build out their own business tools and scheduling/performance analytics hubs (Facebook Business and Twitter for Business for one). It remains to be seen how Hootsuite will compete with free as the platforms begin to grow this part of their businesses.

Pros

Social Post Scheduling is the raison d'etre for Hootsuite and it does it effectively and with lots of options including custom tagging for your analytics platform. If you're only interested in being able to schedule and post to multiple social media channels, this is the first place to look.

Cons

The pricing and tiers no longer make sense as many of their competitors are offering similar/better scheduling and posting options at a lower price (or free with limitations). In 2022, Instagram post scheduling shouldn't be an exclusive feature.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

At the time, Hootsuite provided better analytics tools than were available to any of their direct competitors.

Mehak

April 2022

Best-in-class Social Media Management Platform!

The overall experience with hootsuite has been amazing. I have been using this platform for multiple clients now. It makes managing social media channels easy and you can schedule your posts in advance which leads to a faster turnaround time. Hootsuite also allows to customize the url's in the post which is an extra advantage!

Pros

The integration of the platform was easy and it is quite easy to use. The best part about using Hootsuite is that it helps save a lot of time as it helps in scheduling and managing your posts from a single dashboard.

Cons

The free trial should allow connecting more than 3 channels. And sometimes the posts go live without the featured image which can be improved.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Hootsuite is user friendly and very easy to use.

Joanmarie

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Almost Perfect!

Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

I went with their free version to save money while I showed my potential to the school district and laid out plans for their social media management.

Dominic

Hootsuite Review

Overall it's been great to use. Big time saver being able to schedule a bunch of posts to go out and to different platforms.

Pros

Time saver scheduling and posting information to social media Allows our small business to be efficient with our social media management Can post to stories on IG Free basic version to try it out Paid version allows to make one post and blast it to several platforms Great tracking of engagements

Cons

Can be overwhelming at first learning the system and how to post. Honestly though, there's not much to dislike. It's relatively easy once you get the hang of it and so worth it.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

there was a free version with it and a few colleagues were recommending it.

Jillian

A Necessity for Any Social Media Professional

Terrific experience and will continue using Hootsuite on a regular basis for work. Would highly recommend!

Pros

The best part of Hootsuite is the affordable price for the features that you get. I like how easy it is to use and you can publish to many social sites with the click of a button. It automatically connects to all your social media platforms and you can monitor post performance and engagement.

Cons

I did not like how pricey the custom URL shorteners are. In addition, sometimes the previews do not show up when trying to post on Facebook - some trial and error is necessary.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

TweetDeck has fewer options as Hootsuite and other people from my team recommended it.

Görkem

Useful Functions

Pros

Saves time. Easy to control and work as a team. Customazing the dashboard is very useful. Competitor monitoring is a great function. Analysing and reports are customazible hence very useful. Publishing simultaneously is a big plus.

Cons

Social inbox can be more robust. I would love to see a social CRM option.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

I find the functions more flexible and use as team more easier than sprout.

Great app, keeps evolving, leaving their “free tier” in the dust.

Great experience, but my old account was much better than the newer accounts.

Pros

Great to be able to post to multiple social media channels from one place. They have a good newsfeed, and analytics.

Cons

They used to have a good free tier but as they’ve become larger and more enterprise they’ve left them with a neutered plan. They still allow for 2 social channels which is better than zero.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

I didn’t switch, I still use the other apps. Hootsuite is integrated with more products though, so it comes in handy as a tool when needing to auto post from some tools.

It's been surpassed

It does what's advertised and has some good features. The price is far too high now. They also need to do more to include recurring posts, make recommended times better and easier, and improve the calendar for scheduling.

Pros

I find Hootsuite to be easy to use. It has a very small learning curve to be up and running.

Cons

The price is ridiculous. Since they updated their pricing, they absolutely priced themselves out of the small business market.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

initially, i chose hootsuite because it had more options.

Great for social media!

It's easy to use and adapt, and it has great features for small business social media posting. It's not very expensive, and it's a great basic tool.

Pros

I liked the calendar function so I could see what was coming up to post about. I also liked how it would emphasize hashtags, and do spell check for me. It was also easy to get other users on to check the posts before publishing.

Cons

The big one was not being able to post directly to Instagram. As we posted on IG about 15 times a week, that made it a bit annoying to have to do separately.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

It was cheaper and we didn't need all the Sprout Social features.

Amit

March 2022

Best social media marketing tools for brands

Very easy to use and budget friendly tool for small businesses, brand and even large businesses too.

Pros

The best feature of Hootsuite is its sentiment analysis tools. It helps me to understand what my audience feels about my content and brand.

Cons

I didn't find anything or any feature to dislike.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

It has more useful and powerful features than later.

Merylin

April 2022

A great tool to control social networks

My experience has been good, it allows me to reduce the time it took to make several publications a day and be able to measure the scope of the campaigns in less time, without a doubt it is a good tool

Pros

Something that I like about this tool is that it allows you to do all the network management functions in one place, this tool allows you to select the content in a simpler way as well as manage the content in less time, or even monitor it with efficiency acceptable for professionals in the area of social networks

Cons

I do not consider that the tool is not functional, on the contrary, in its type, it is one of the best

maria

Hootsuite for dance

I've used it a few times but then decided to go with Buffer and Later as for me they were easier to navigate and you could do more before they start charging

Pros

We needed an app to post social media posts and Hootsuite came recommended. I downloaded the app but have only used it once or twice as it doesn't seem very intuitive

Cons

Its tricky to add account plus it only allows you to add 2 social networks before it starts charging you. I found an alternative which works much better for me.

I tried Hootsuite but have now gone back to Buffer

Raquel

Cheap and easy to use but not comprehensive

Pros

They had great pricing for nonprofit use, it is intuitive, and it has good customer support.

Cons

Was unable to integrate all social media platforms into a single scheduled post, which is what we were looking for. We found this ability to be most efficient, and without this, we didn’t move past the free trial. We also were not satisfied with the engagement analytics provided.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Free trial and good customer service, though we ultimately went with Sprout.

Ben

Getting Better with Time

Overall, Hootsuite provides a single place to monitor multiple social media platforms, create branded and consistent marketing campaigns, schedule content in advance with easy oversight, and get insights into content performance.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great way to set up a multi channel dashboard to have greater oversight of your social media channels. I appreciate that it covers all the major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Cons

At this point in time, users can't directly publish content to the Facebook and Instagram stories, which are major marketing tools. Where as you can pre schedule traditional posts, it's not an option for stories.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Hootsuite seemed to combine all our organizational needs as it pertains to platform management, content scheduling, and analytics in a way that was easier to use than the alternatives.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

As a professional, I liked the look and interface of Hootsuite better than CoSchedule. I thought it was easier to use and had better control over multiple tools.

Thomas

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.

Randi

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Pros

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

I've been using Hootsuite since your birth so it's more like a comfort level with you versus others.

Meisha

Sufficient Free Tool for Social Media Scheduling

Hootsuite is a great free tool for beginners and small social media teams! It's easy to use and has just about all of the basics you could need to start scheduling and managing social.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great free solution for basic social media management. I enjoy the dashboard customizations, where you can pull in different channels and features (ex: posts, timelines, mentions, etc.) all in one easy-to-manage interface. It also makes social listening easy versus having to log in and manage notifications manually on each individual platform. In general, Hootsuite is easy to learn given some experience with other SaaS platforms. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. And, they offer a ton of free resources to help you get up to speed with the platform and social media management in general, which is nice. With the free version, you can manage three social profiles. This is great for personal use or for managing in-house social, but not ideal for agencies or managing multiple clients/accounts. Surprisingly, however, you can schedule as many posts as you want within those three profiles, which is great for advanced planning.

Cons

The integrations and features/functionality could be better. I personally prefer to use HootSuite to schedule tweets and prefer to schedule other content for Facebook and LinkedIn within the actual platforms. It's fine to use HootSuite in a pinch, but you are able to do a lot more customizations within the individual platforms. Kind of a pain to do it separate/manually, but you get a better post/product in return. For example, you often can't add multiple images to a post or do a carousel-style post as you could directly within Facebook. Like most SaaS products that have a free version, there are limitations. For anything more than managing in-house or personal social, you'd likely need to invest in one of the paid plans and really compare what's offered in HootSuite vs some of the other more enterprise solutions. The reporting is also fairly limited and you'll likely have to work within the platforms directly or use other tools to get a full picture of social media performance.

Love this social tool!

I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Cons

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Harry

Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more LinkedIn features

It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics. There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it. We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Pros

Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful. As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most. Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Cons

It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway). It would be good to see similar monitoring streams for Hashtag conversations because this feature is applicable in LinkedIn as well as Twitter. The Publisher also feels like it's just missing something and I think it's the ability to 'plot' in posts rather than drafting out complete posts. For example when we're planning what activity we want to launch, we might not know what the full post is going to look like, but we might just want to plot in ideas which at the moment we have to do on a spreadsheet and then translate over to the Hootsuite publisher. It would be good to see this feature in the planner where we can plot ideas, and then fully draft them out later.

Virginia

Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results

Pros

As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting (i.e. picture, video, content). Overall, what many believe will only take them 10 minutes, in reality it can take up 2-5 (or more) hours of your work week; even more when you include the content creation for the actual posting. Hootsuite is the best tool for compiling all your social media efforts into one dashboard you can work from and will definitely knock hours off your work week. PROS The best feature of Hootsuite is the time you will gain. Most social media platforms have a scheduling aspect to them but having to manually log in and out of each one, to do so, is not feasible or conducive for speed. Hootsuite provides you with analytics on each of your chosen platforms, located in its dashboard, to help you identify the most optimal time(s) to schedule each post to be sent out; this especially comes in handy for days you know you will be on the go and/or do not have access to technology. You can also scroll through past social media posts, save unfinished drafts, and boost posts for content promos; which will provide you with more insight and/or a better understanding of which of your efforts and/or CTA’s are working best. Hootsuite’s platform has various analytics and reports you can export so your team(s) can measure things like conversion rates, marketing and sales initiatives, and improvements in monthly social capital. One of the neat things about this platform is the option to purchase additional social media management applications for things like YouTube Analytics and video posting, Wordpress blog analytics and posting, Google Analytics, etc. Hootsuite also provides the option to export reports (including customized reports) on any of the platforms connected to your account, to measure competition, areas of improvement, click stats, and which platform is bringing in the largest amount of traffic to your website/content, etc. Because the company I work for uses another third-party application (Lead Liaison) to track visitors and traffic sources to our website, we use the free version of Hootsuite.

Cons

One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison). You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,047 reviews