All iContact Reviews

Great email marketing platform

Trevor

Reviewed December 2017

A Solid Email Platform

I get the ability to reach my customers and turn them into return customers week after week and year after year.

PROS

iContact is easy to use in most cases. There are tons of different templates and creating your own email template is a breeze. If you get one of the Pro plans they'll even help you make templates for future use, so that's great, too. There are plenty of ways to upload data and keep track of that data. In fact I tend to use iContact to export my data for use on other platforms because it keeps everything so nicely. My point of sale doesn't even allow the breadth of exports and options that iContact does, so it's more than just an email platform to me. Automation is visually very simple and means that I know I'm reaching my audience at the correct times. I no longer have to manually send each email, and with the automation there are tons of options to segment in addition. This means I'm not sending frivolous emails, so that keeps our open rate high.

CONS

I have three businesses that have to be kept separate and my only big complaint is that I can't copy automation plans or other things back and forth between them. So a lot of time is wasted redoing certain campaigns between the locations. I also think the social connectivity needs to be updated. Twitter for one is outdated and the actual website allows much more text to be posted than in-app. They're several updates behind on Twitter.

Hi Trevor! We are thrilled to hear that iContact¿s design services and automation tools make your job easier and your emails more impactful with your customers. At iContact we value being your one stop shop for your email marketing needs. We also appreciate your feedback about copying your automation plans from one platform to another. We¿ve noted this feature and completely understand how it would be helpful. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Replied March 2018

Meghann

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2022

For Small Businesses ONLY

Overall, I love iContact for small businesses. I would look elsewhere for bigger businesses with more than 10+ on staff. It could be more user friendly, but it gets the job done and works for our law firm.

PROS

It's extremely easy to deploy automated marketing campaigns, newsletters, quick information to your target audience using this platform. I enjoyed the ease of use in terms of sending out an email. It's nice for small business owners who don't have the time, energy, or resources to allocate to figuring out an email marketing platform.

CONS

I love this platform, but it's extremely out-of-date compared to other email platforms. For example, it's impossible to edit a template. For it being 2022, I would assume this would be easier from a user-friendly perspective.

Reason for choosing iContact

Ultimately the price point is what led our small business to choose iContact

Meghann, thank you for your review! It is possible to edit a template. If you need assistance, our support team can help.

Replied July 2022

Reviewed April 2018

iContact is easy enough to use for our mass email needs, but I feel that it could be better.

PROS

The new email templates are nice and easy to use once you get the hang of it. The analytics and insights are helpful in gauging how many people are seeing our messages. I also like the ease with which we can add and remove contacts.

CONS

The new templates are easier to use than the original email layout, but there are an awful lot of steps in the formatting. I feel like that process could be streamlined. Also, I understand that our account doesn't allow for tons of file storage, but it would be nice if the individual file/asset upload size was a bit bigger. I also think that there could be a more user-friendly way to re-verify contacts. We have over 8,000 contacts we email regularly but the process to re-verify contacts to keep our lists healthy is really confusing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We are glad to hear that you have been able to easily add and remove contacts from your account. We understand the importance of being able to manage your contacts with ease, which is why we really appreciate your feedback regarding re-verifying contacts. We respect your desire to maintain a current and healthy list. All of your feedback has been passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

Oyanene

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

iContact for Email Marketing Automation

PROS

Ever since ai started using iContact, it has never been daunting to carry out marketing strategies by creating, customizing and sending high volume outbound marketing emails.

CONS

I can’t complain since iContact accomplishes all my needs everyday I use it.

Adam

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

iContact: Email Marketing Program with an Eye Catching and Intrusive UI/UX

PROS

iContact enables us to reach the targeted audience by creating, customizing and sending outbound marketing emails.

CONS

To create and design websites and landing pages, I mist integrate with external digital experience programs.

Thank you for the review! We offer the ability to build and publish Landing Pages. If you have questions about this, our support team would be happy to help.

Replied February 2024

Jonathan

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Email Marketing Optimization Tool

PROS

Traditional marketing strategies are tedious, expensive and time consuming. iContact makes it easy to create, customize, send and manage email deliverability.

CONS

Unlike alternatives such as Constant Contact, iContact lack website builder tools.

Thank you for your great review. We will pass along your feedback to our product team to help make iContact better!

Replied November 2023

Ewa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

iContact: Email Marketing GURU

PROS

It is way too easy to create and customize marketing emails with iContact.

CONS

I have used iContact for an extended duration now and it barely fail to accomplish my needs.

Samuel

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

iContact for Email Marketing Optimization

iContact enables me to save time by creating marketing emails via drag and drop functionality.

PROS

Through iContact, I am able to automatically create, personalize and send high volume outbound marketing emails.Managing email deliverability is another great thing that I like about iContact.

CONS

It’s been years with iContact and I face zero errors when using it.

Thank you for the awesome review!

Replied August 2023

Chloe

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A lot of options when creating

PROS

I really enjoy being able to make every email it's own through creation. It is also nice to be able to reuse saved work for different emails.

CONS

Sometimes the tracking can be thrown off when it comes to the analytics

Jason

Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

I Contact Customers for 24/7 with iContact

Email marketing optimization has been at breeze with iContact.

PROS

I like that it is easy to create and personalize marketing emails with iContact.

CONS

iContact has a robust backend integration capability but it lack website builder tools.

Marek

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

iContact Review

Overall, my experience with iContact was highly satisfactory. The robust email marketing features and automation capabilities made it a powerful tool for executing effective email campaigns. The intuitive interface and user-friendly design made it easy to navigate and utilize the platform's functionalities. The analytics and reporting features provided valuable insights that helped me optimize my email marketing strategies. While there were some limitations in terms of integration options, it did not significantly impact the overall experience. I found iContact to be a reliable and efficient solution for my email marketing needs, and I would recommend it to others seeking a comprehensive email marketing platform.

PROS

One of the things I liked most about iContact was its robust email marketing features. The platform offered a wide range of tools for designing, creating, and managing email campaigns. I particularly enjoyed the drag-and-drop editor, which made it easy to customize and personalize email templates. The automation capabilities were also impressive, allowing me to set up automated workflows and targeted campaigns based on user behavior. Additionally, the analytics and reporting features provided valuable insights into campaign performance and audience engagement.

CONS

While iContact had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the limited integration options with third-party platforms. Although it had some popular integrations available, there were certain specific applications or systems that I wished I could seamlessly connect with iContact. Having more integration options would have made it easier to synchronize data and streamline processes across different platforms.

Marek, Thank you so much for you awesome review! We will pass along your feedback to our product team.

Replied May 2023

Angela

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

User friendly, Customer service very helpful

I can set up emails to go out before I go on vacation or take a day off and set up the time for them to go out. Linking our website, blog, emails to the email blast

PROS

Images easy to upload, change colors of them. Link to social media accounts. I copy and past from word and it uploads easy. Contacts- i like having different lists so I can email just that list/group

CONS

I would like to Link multiple social media accounts. Facebook linked in twitter. i would also like Pinterest and Instagram on the social sites. Maybe i can do this but i just thought of can I do a timed post to just social media? Also tagging others on social media before I send out the email. Just thoughts. other service could be sales leads

Hi Angela. Thank you for your review! It is excellent to hear that uploading and editing images has been an easy process for you. Including that visual element in your messages can be a key factor in driving higher open rates, and we want to make it as easy as possible. We also appreciate your feedback about adding social media options such as Pinterest and Instagram, and will certainly take this into account as we plan out future releases. You can schedule social media posts using the Social tab in your account. I hope that this helps, but if you have any further questions feel free to reach back out to us! https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us

Alyssa

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2018

Very few features to really make emails stand out. I can't always design it how I want to.

Gets the job done.

PROS

It's easy to use as long as you don't try to get creative. I also like that you can copy a previous email and use it as a template for a new email - much quicker.

CONS

Sometimes it won't send test messages, and, a few months ago the Facebook connection feature stopped working so I haven't been able to use it. Also, it's a pain to include pictures in an email. The text wrapping feature does not work. I get it looking great in the program, but as soon as I send the email or test it, it gets all messed up. Lastly, the links get corrupted if you try to copy and paste them in a lot, so that is frustrating if you have to redo all the links sometimes.

Hi Alyssa. We're happy to hear that you are using iContact to create templates from previous emails! This is one of the fastest ways to get consistent-looking emails out to your contacts. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the issues that you have encountered. We believe that customer feedback is key in creating a better product. This has been passed along to our Product Managers so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release. Thank you so much for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns.

Bill Laurel

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

User Friendly

iContact is an ideal solution for me to organize my contacts and make sure that I'm communicating with them in the most efficient way.

PROS

'm really enjoying using iContact as a full-fledged communication tool. It's simple to send out emails and messages to my contacts promptly, plus I can tailor the content to suit my requirements. Moreover, the customer service is excellent, always responding quickly and being helpful. Additionally, I'm impressed with the range of features that come with iContact - such as contact segmentation, email automation, and the analytics tool. The analytics feature is especially helpful, as I can keep tabs on who opened my emails, and from that data, I can make informed decisions about upcoming campaigns.

CONS

I have no complaints about the product so far.

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share such kind words.

Replied March 2023

Reviewed April 2018

iContact lets businesses manage multiple mailing lists and social media accounts with relative ease.

PROS

I appreciate the ability to maintain a large number of segmented mailing lists. It's easy to view and compare engagement at a glance through open and click through rates. AB testing is easy and efficient.

CONS

Email builder can be a little restrictive, I'd prefer more freedom and flexibility. Support are US based and support for premium users is restricted to relatively limited times for those of us based in Central Europe. Unsure yet whether iContact are GDPR compliant/

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you have been utilizing segments. This is the best way to separate out your contacts for mailings. The feature is so popular that we are working on adding even more segmentation options. We care about our customers throughout Europe, and have worked hard to ensure we will be fully GDPR complaint before the deadline. We have a dedicated team that has made this transition their first priority, and continue to work out all of the details as we speak. We hope that you continue to use iContact for years to come!

Reviewed March 2018

My experience working with iContact has been extremely positive!

PROS

Building workflows is incredibly easy. They take the mystery out of building comprehensive automated workflows that make a marketer's life easier. And the support is amazing. My company's Strategic Advisor is helpful and eager to answer any questions she can. If she doesn't have the answer, she always takes the time to think it through and get back to me with solutions.

CONS

We're having some issues with open/click discrepancies, which is frustrating, but Strategic Advisor assures me the support team is working on a solution. I'd like access to more comprehensive analytics. Strategic Advisor pulls monthly reports for me, but I'd love the ability to pull these reports myself.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that your overall experience has been extremely positive. It's also exciting to hear that your Strategic Advisor has been meeting or exceeding your expectations. Thank you for your reporting feedback and suggestions, as well. We're actively working on a new reporting experience and will keep your comments in mind as we're making enhancements. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

Replied April 2018

Katy

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

Incredible Support, always available via PHONE if needed.

One-on-One support, ability to save templates, monthly projects.

PROS

It's practically point and click - if it's not, a simple phone call and it becomes that! I love having a 'person' connected to our account - so I may frequently utilize their expertise. Many other companies do NOT offer phone help - which is a deterrent.

CONS

I do wish integrating forms into our website is easier - but it seems to be a hassle. Mainly because we've spent over a year creating our own forms to find out it isn't compatible with iContact. We're working on a solution but it is tiresome.

Hi Katy. Thanks for your feedback! We're pleased to hear that our support and services teams have been so helpful for you. Your happiness as a customer is our top concern. We also appreciate your feedback around form creation. We're aware of the issue you're experiencing and are keeping it top of mind as we continue to evolve our platform. Thank you for being such a loyal customer!

Replied April 2018