All Image Relay Reviews

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Great service for sharing collections of pictures and photos

Our properties have about 700 rooms and hundreds of cabins, which is a big task to organize when trying to book a new conference. With Image Relay, I've created the various collections and can update them with new pictures, or take out old or irrelevant pictures, whenever I want, and it will be updated for everyone I've previously sent the link to if they open it again.

PROS

It's easy to create several collections of photos to share with clients, and I like that when I update a collection, it updates it for everyone who has received the link in the past.

CONS

I wish there was a prettier format when sharing the pictures, something more like a proposal that I could customize. I generally put all of the text and rates information in an email, with a hyperlink to the relevant Image Relay Collection.

Amanda

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Outstanding Digital Asset-management Platform

We use Image Relay as the hub for our completed works. From print to video and of course our photo assets. It meets the need for a file-sharing platform, creative repository and public-facing digital asset portal. With thousands of clients, and hundreds of internal stakeholders, it is easy enough to use that little to no training is needed and sharing is as simple as can be. We recently upgraded to have access to "Showcase Collections" and the addition of a public portal - these additions are truly fantastic and have made a huge difference in the professional appearance, and ease of use of our assets for clients.

PROS

Image Relay offers a great looking, easy to use interface that allows us to share our digital assets internally and with their collection feature - externally - in a controlled manner. The showcase collections are fantastic and the ability to create a good looking public interface has improved our relations with clients and has been a great support to our sales organization.

CONS

While Image Relay has great metadata fields, it could be improved if we had the ability to make the completion of those fields mandatory based on a user's profile. This would allow any user to properly upload assets and ensure all rights and permissions are recorded effectively.

Rachael

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

The Asset Manager We Can't Live Without

Very positive, and really can't imagine my job without it. Seamless, helpful, makes me remain very organized. Ease of use - especially sharing assets with partners, other departments - super helpful.

PROS

We've been using Image Relay for as long as I've been with the company (7 years.) I truly can not imagine my life without it. It's a seamless part of my day-to-day activities; whether it's creating content using images from Image Relay, or providing partners with Image Relay Asset Collection links for easy downloadable assets, it's really the hero to keeping our assets organized & searchable.

CONS

I think re-organizing the folders and assets could be better - would like a better drag and drop approach. It's a bit clumsy now to have to go to the folder structure and move from there (especially because we have so many folders within folders, etc.) I also have trouble dragging and dropping assets between collection sections... Not sure if it's user error, but sometimes I'm trying to move something like 10 times and it doesn't let me add it to the section I want to. Would be nice if there was functionality to add assets right to that collection segment.

Lindsay

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501-1,000 employees

Game Changer for Photo Library

It is rare that we come across and issue that requires assistance, however, when needed, Image Relay's prompt response and assistance has been more than appreciated. Our company utilizes Image Relay multiple times on a daily basis and has been essential in our daily operations.

PROS

Sharing our images and documents without sharing our entire library has allowed us to have complete control over who is accessing our images and also for what purpose. In addition, creating permissions for those inside of our company has been a tremendous asset for the same reason. The ability to create keywords associated with each image has allowed us to easily and quickly search for the needed photos and documents. Finally, having one central place for all of these pieces to live has streamlined our processes and access points across the company.

CONS

Image Relay has fulfilled our needs well and I have not run into problems with the software. We are looking forward to using Image Relay for many years to come.

Aimee

Industrial Automation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

An intuitive and useful asset management tool

PROS

ImageRelay has been a really useful tool for our organization for sharing marketing assets, both within the company and for outside partners/vendors. It's easy to manage permissions, it's intuitive enough that it doesn't require much or any explanation for new users, and it's flexible enough to accommodate different file types and uses. It integrated easily with our user database for single sign-on, and support is responsive via an in-window chat screen. There are plenty of useful features like collections.

CONS

No major issues. There's a somewhat confusing overlap between keywords and tags when adding metadata to files. I wish it were possible to change permissions on single files, rather than only at the folder level. The notification email when someone's subscribed to a collection and it gets updated are vague and not very helpful. But these are all minor complaints.

Chelsea

Internet, 11-50 employees

Image Relay is Great!

Overall Image Relay works great for my company and I use it often in my work as a social media specialist.

PROS

I find Image Relay simple to navigate and use. I use it personally just for sourcing images and downloading them but my company also uploads imagery and logos, etc. The images are great quality.

CONS

I don't like that, when viewing an image, if you click 'back' instead of the x at the top right, you're taken back to the homepage and must search again.

Brett

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Excellent asset management software

PROS

You can do a lot with IR, but what I like the most is how easy it is to organize files and share them as needed, even when Im not connected to the work server.

CONS

Very little. I think a few small features could be added, but for the most part I like working with IR compared to all other file management solutions.

Kat

Farming, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

The visuals and easy usage makes it a great software

PROS

It's similar to Dropbox but this is more visual which adds to the ease of usage. Very easy to use - to upload/download, search for files which can be tagged. Files can be mirrored to limit overall size of the cloud. You can organize and structure your folders however you wish. Sharing links to files is also very easy. Very flexible software. I will continue to use Image Relay!

CONS

Wish I could drag files when moving them

Kelly

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Great for remote work, but pricey

If I had unlimited budget, I'd keep ImageRelay forever and change nothing. But with hard budget times approaching for my institution, I might have to look at more inexpensive options, even though I'm really happy with the product.

PROS

I really like how easy it is to share files with my employees and with clients. I have my photographer upload images directly, which is super convenient.

CONS

It's really costly! Uploads are a little clunky, but it's not a big deal.

Jenna

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Great database for graphics!

My marketing team uploads graphics to Image Relay and all the field sales reps are able to access and download them for presentations and meetings. Such an easy way to keep us all up to date with the most recent information!

PROS

Image relay is very user friendly! It's organized and easy to find what you're looking for. And if you can't, the search function actually works!

CONS

It took me a second to figure out how to build collections but once I did it's been an awesome function!

Averill

Used free trial

Reviewed March 2011

Digital asset management made easy

Image Relay has a multitude of uses, and it is always improving in its fuctionality, aesthetics, and ease of navigation. Whether for internal file storage and asset management, or for interfacing with external clients, Image Relay has proved invaluable to the ever evolving Cabot marketing strategies and endeavors. Its personable and attentive staff meets and anticipates our needs, and I can't even imagine how we'd function without Image Relay to manage our digital assets. It has all the elegance and functionality of a big corporation digital asset management system, with the detailed and individualized relationships and accomodations of a local business.

PROS

Image Relay is malleable. It can be changed and personalized to meet a company's individual needs - and that is exactly what it has done for Cabot. Because we are one of IR's oldest customers, we have witnessed the truly long-term benefits of IR. The programming and customer service teams are always tweaking and coming up with new ways to improve IR, to meet the needs and requests of clients - but they also anticipate needs and requests before they even arise.

CONS

While the IR team might be called 'intimate' in its small size, only having one programmer makes request fulfillment a bit slow. That is the only major con that I have ever experienced as a user/administrator. This only indicates to me that IR needs to expand and take on more programing employees!

Sabrina

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great tool for businesses

Image really allows me and my client to easily store and maintain a visual database. Items can easily be uploaded and then taken down when needed. It allows us to maintain a current and accurate image database. I never question when an image is available for use in my clients work, if they don't want me to have access to it, they take it down. Easy and hassle free.

PROS

CONS

I can't really think of any cons for this product at this time.

Drey

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Our company uses Image Relay to store and share all of our photographs

ORGANIZATION!!! Photo assets have a way of getting out of hand very quickly and Image Relay gives our company a centralized place to store everything so that all users can have the access they need.

PROS

This software is intuitive and easy to use. The folder system helps keep everything organized. Assets that are included in multiple locations are linked so that any changes, updates, or edits are populated throughout.

Allie

Dairy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Image Relay: The best DAM system.

Image Relay has been a platform for me to organize assets in my format. I have been using the system for years and while I have tested other systems, none can compare to the ease and simplicity of Image Relay.

PROS

The ease of use that the product provides make my job that much easier. The system is intuitive and made with the user in mind.

CONS

Creating custom keywords and tags could be more streamlined.

Caleigh

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Great image, video, and audio management system

PROS

I like how comprehensive the search feature is, how easy it is to understand hierarchies of image sorting, and the accessibility of the software. It's also easy to put together collections and share them with coworkers.

CONS

Sometimes, the download feature doesn't work.

Kit

Graphic Design, 1 employee

User Friendly Asset Hub

Overall it's a really useful tool for everyday use.

PROS

Image Relay makes it easy to to find photos and other assets. The layout and organization is intuitive and very user friendly.

CONS

Not too much I don't like, but I would say I am not a huge fan of the hover effects when you scroll over the images.

Jan

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2020

The Perfect Way to Manage Your Imagery!

My team has used Image Relay for three years. It's been fantastic to share images, videos, and presentations with our retail partners.

PROS

Image Relay is so easy to use! It's perfect for images, video, catalogs, and presentations.

CONS

For some, it can be confusing on uploading images to share or download. They do not realize you must choose between the two. However, it's extremely helpful to have this option in the event you don't want the recipient to download.

Jeff

Used free trial

Reviewed March 2011

Sign up for Image Relay. The competition doesn't stack up on price, service, and overall features. We would recommend a free demo to anyone.

PROS

Image Relay has provided Driven Studio a necessary and efficient tool for digital asset management. We've been using Image Relay since 2008, and their services have continued to improve and impress. With the ease of sharing and distributing assets to business clients, partners, and vendors it has saved Driven countless hours, dollars, and headaches. We love the asset organization features, sharing, and tracking capabilities that give us peace of mind and help Driven remain a well oiled machine. The professional custom look that ties our branding into our very own Image Relay site is the icing on the cake. Sign up!

CONS

The only hurdle we've encountered, which can be said for anything new, is the learning curve upon updates and the release of new IR versions. However, the topnotch Image Relay customer service quickly helps bridge any problems we've come across.

Courtney