ion Platform Software Reviews

ion Platform Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Its ability to create engaging, high conversion experiences."
  • icon"The platform is user friendly, it has alot of functionalities and we love that we can see where are customers click on our landing pages."
  • icon"Great interface, very customizable, and easily integrates with multiple systems. ION's training and support is excellent."
  • icon"We are kind of spoiled by some of the reports we get from our own tracking system ROIA and other services where it is a dump of ALL data and we pick a choose."
  • icon"One incorrect click-and-drag can mess up a whole page sometimes. The platform itself could use a User Experience refresh."
  • icon"Sometimes the segmentation gets in the way and can confuse the numbers. This all may be in my team's setup, or in Ion, not sure."

All ion Platform Reviews

Joseph

Best Enterprise Site Solution On The Market

I have been using ION Interactive for nearly 2 years now and could not attribute the success I have seen without them. As a marketing and sales manager for the largest news and information company with over 90 newspaper publications, I find the ease of use, integration, support, and robust ability of the platform critical in my day to day operation. ION Interactive has provided intelligent, and accurate support anytime I have a need. They have also led several webinars that I find not only interesting, but leave with several takeaways that I can implement into my marketing plan. One of the greatest things I appreciate about ION's support is when I need a new functionality, it comes in an updated release. Their team truly watches market trends and update their platform to meet the needs any enterprise business might have. I consider myself an advanced user with web development experience and find that this platform makes it quite easy to train employees who have no web development skills. This platform is superb for all levels of web knowledge, from the drag and drop beginner, to the javascript/CSS/HTML expert.

Pros

Ease of use for all levels of knowledge. Support that has your goals in mind. Great no matter the size of your business.

Cons

I would have to say integration to ALL the top email platforms should be standard instead of needing a custom integration package done. My company uses Exact Target, which requires an API integration. There are others that could benefit from this being standard for all major APIs like Exact Target, Mail Chimp, etc...

Response from ion interactive

Thanks for this awesome review! We'll be sure to share your feedback around more out-of-the-box integration options with our team for future updates.

Jesse

Great no-code platform for marketers

Overall, the ion platform has been very helpful for our organization. I highly recommend it for marketers who don't want to wait around for their agency or IT department to help them get an online experience quickly out the door. For developing Interactive content, there is no better platform.

Pros

Love that we can build websites, pages, and applications without the need to get help from I.T. Templates are awesome for saving time and replicating similar user experiences Support is outstanding, and customer success is proactive and always reaching out to lend a hand There is a huge library of templates you can pull from to quickly get a high quality experience built quickly

Cons

I'd like a better Print to PDF function. Deeper out of the box integrations with other Marketing Automation platforms would be nice

Reasons for choosing ion Platform

Pricing model Support Buying experience Templates

October 2022

The best! Outstanding content experiences in minutes

Pros

This is the industry standard for interactive and sales enablement content. A must have weapon for advanced demand gen marketers that need to capture first party, declared data.

Cons

The user interface is a little tricky in the early days, due to the advanced customization possibilities that it offers, but once you get it, you love it.

December 2015

ION is good, but could be a lot better

I use ION everyday at work to build many (sometimes 100s of pages a week) and there's a lot to like about ION, but there's also a lot that could be better. My biggest gripe is that ION can be very tedious and cumbersome.

Pros

Interface when building pages is nice and clean, the page testing features are very helpful, a lot of the built-in functionality makes building pages easy.

Cons

Can be slow and even crash completely often, Can't connect to a database or create dynamic pages that will be used by multiple clients - so each page has to tediously be setup by hand, the grid for dragging and dropping can be a bit buggy at times and there's no way to undo mistakes, setting up multiple traffic sources is very slow and tedious, on the dashboard you can't just click on the name of a recent project, you have to click the small magnifying glass icon, the interface for adding and managing images is ugly and frustrating, writing custom code in the scripts section isn't very easy and you can't save to preview changes quickly, no way to search through campaigns by name or keyword or anything, can't reorder actions within a rule, the interface for adding actions is very slow, if you accidentally click outside of the Edit Rules menu all your edits are lost, when editing styles you have to reopen the menus every time

Response from ion interactive

We truly appreciate this review and your feedback on using ion on regular basis. We've shared your feedback back around scalability and ease of use and will absolutely use this information for future updates.

Jeffrey

October 2022

Best Customer Service Experience that I've ever received from any vendor - I've used ALOT

The BEST experience I've had with the platform is the support team who has saved me more times than I can count. The great thing about ion is that it does so many cool things, that you have to kind of dig around to find. But with the help of the support team, they are able to solve my issues and answer my questions in a very quick way and teach me how to do things going forward. Plus they are SO friendly. Like the platform, love the support team!

Pros

This software gives our organization the sales capabilities that our main CMS is unable to do. We can be nimble and act quickly with it.

Cons

The training literature is not the best. There isn't an easy way to make a link in copy.

Mike

February 2016

After a learning curve, a very powerful tool.

A year ago, I had no experience whatsoever with ion Interactive (or any of it's competitors, for that matter). Today, I use the program/service almost daily to roll out website and landing pages for my clients. It took a while to get a hang of the program and it's capabilities, and I'm still discovering features all the time, but now it feels like second nature. I personally do not use any of the tracking or reporting functions, but I know they are widely used in my organization. For my clients, we use ion Interactive for nearly every site and landing page. The only time we do not need to use ion Interactive is when we are creating a page that for some reason does not need any specific tracking. For example, an internal website for our organization itself could just be created and hosted on our own servers. I cannot speak for my entire organization, but my team uses ion interactive to build websites for our clients. ion interactive makes it easy to update and change content, and track performance once the site is launched. In some ways, we use it as a sort of content management system for our clients' sites, microsites, and landing pages.

Pros

From design to development to deployment, ion interactive is fast and for the most part simple to use. Once trained in the program, many features become second nature to use. Regular updates keep the platform fresh and ensure users like me that the company is constantly moving forward.

Cons

Sometimes, features that I use daily may disappear without notice. Whether they're gone forever or simply moved around to somewhere else is usually unclear. The "Creative Studio" really needs an "Undo" button. One incorrect click-and-drag can mess up a whole page sometimes. The platform itself could use a User Experience refresh. Some icons don't necessarily make sense for their function.

Response from ion interactive

Great to see that you've adopted ion interactive in house and taking to the tools. I've shared your notes about platform notices and features being removed with our team. For future notice you can review our feature release notes to get more insight into feature changes. Here's a link - http://support.liveball.com/hc/en-us/categories/200106499-Feature-Releases

Joshua

Great Experience, Bit Pricey

We have been using Ion LiveBall for well over 2 years, maybe even longer. All in all it is a great tool that automates many processes that used to take countless dev and admin hours. We are an ad agency, I am the creative director for digital. So we use Ion for our clients - it covers everything from simple lead gen pages to land and jump pages with links/ecommerce carts to microsites... We do it all within Ion. Being able to setup creatives and traffic sources where there can be a 1:1 or 1:100 relationship, where you have full control over the A/B/+ split is priceless. In the past, with standalone PHP pages, you would need a link/tracking/analytics platform to do the link splits and then track conversions per split. With Ion, you can do it all! Ion is such a great tool. If you are in the market for a landing page creation, optimization, management or reporting tool, stop looking - you have found it. It is called Ion LiveBall (I wonder if they even call it LiveBall anymore... The only downside is the pricing. But once you use it once, and sell it to a cleint or two, the cost can easily be passed on to clients and you can even start making money on the MSF from clients...

Pros

Ease of use, features, tracking, reporting (somewhat), administration, A/B testing, MVT, etc.

Cons

Price! I think it is a bit over priced, You need to invest first, but you can figure out ways to make that investment back and then some. My other big con is reporting. I think the reporting from the dashboard is limited. Especially for MVT testing. I would like to see it as Combo 1: Stats, Combo 2: Stats, etc. Not really like that.

Response from ion interactive

Lol. Thanks for this great review! The name has actually changed to ion but we know there a lot of Liveball fans out there. Also we appreciate the feedback on reporting and pricing. Thank you

Benjamin

December 2015

ION's Continued Evolution

Our business model relies upon our landing pages to be responsive, continually evolving and easily workable for the general public. ION has continually evolved in such a way that meets these needs. While I was initially intimidated by the applet, I've grown more comfortable with the process (while still longing for an 'undo' button) and ease of application. Our contact points and support staff have always responded quickly to questions and issues, and the reliability of the ION platform has served us well throughout.

Pros

Ease of application, reliability, template-driven, guidance and support, and training tools.

Cons

Not having a 'Copy & Paste' function, nor an 'Undo' button. When I train partners within our organization, this is the biggest initial complaint. As with I, when they ease into the process, the need becomes lesser, but having these available would allow for more creativity and "risk taking", without the risk of wasting time.

Response from ion interactive

Thanks for this awesome review! We completely understand that need for a "Undo" and "Copy & Paste" and this is a feature in ion. Here are a few support posts on the topic. http://support.liveball.com/hc/en-us/articles/200954869-Copy-Paste-Basic- http://support.liveball.com/hc/en-us/articles/200954829-Undo-Basic-

Geovanny

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

August 2016

Daily Job

Let me start off by saying the we have recieved excellent support from ION and after the initial adaptation period the tool was quick and intuitive to use.Training can be done a variety of ways with webinars and videos along with guides and a variety of other material.The platform is a top tier CMS and i will continue to use it in the upcoming marketing campaigns.

Pros

Ease of use, performs fast ,intuitive ,flexible as custom code can be added and WYSIWYG interface.

Cons

Nothing I can think off.Most of it was resolved durting the initail adaptation period that people go through when using a new platform.

Rob

ION Liveball Platform Review

I've been using the ION platform, specifically their Liveball landing page platform, for over a year now. I've worked with a few different landing page platforms for PPC and have found it to be one of the best. It's testing capabilities are among the best I've seen, and the ability to launch new pages quickly and easily is great.

Pros

Platform scales easily. Easily push design/content changes across multiple pages. Testing functionality it among the best. Also, the customer service of the team is AMAZING. Response times to questions are always great!

Cons

Learning curve a bit steeper than some platforms. Interface/User experience could be simplified or improved a bit. Some functionality a bit overly complex (forms, dynamic content, etc)

Response from ion interactive

Thanks for leaving us such an awesome review and for the great feedback. We've shared the notes you have about learning and the interface for future improvements. Thanks again!

Preeti

Excellent Customer Service

I build pages for different partners very frequently. ION is a very easy to use tool which helps in creating pages within minutes. Recently we built a Landing Page request form which all our partners use to send request for new page. It's very convenient to manage all the pages & create exports. Customer service is always well informed, and has always been able to resolve my concerns or provide the needed answers in a very timely manner.

Joe

February 2016

ion use by art director/designer

ion is great for what it's intended for. the usability is fairly straightforward once the naming convenient for projects/pages/sites is understood. this could be made more obvious upfront in intros. designers that use similar software or even design software are used to hierarchy based interactive elements that have to be in place for everything to function correctly. this detail could be more explained up front. still not sure why there needs to be a practice or 'do not delete' detail to every project, this makes it feel like the system doesn't take care of itself...like its vulnerable to users instead of being stealthy and foolproof. i understand the idea of immediate publishing and the intent on having items that can't be deleted, i think just the naming needs to be more sincere and clear, and not come off negative like 'do not delete' does.

Pros

easy to setup initial projects, ease of editing, easy to duplicate and scale.

Cons

photos that have to be put in a database, should be able to pull from existing databases/clouds, not too easy to perfect a file at first attempt, lots of troubleshooting at the beginning (which might be improved by the understanding of the naming convention of 'portfolios/creatives/etc etc' up front.

Response from ion interactive

Thank you for your feedback Joe we truly appreciate your insight as an Art Director and seasoned web graphic professional. We love that you think ion is straightforward, easy to setup, and scale throughout your organization. We also totally understand that there could be some improvements with ion and we love that you have been candid with your feedback. We’ve shared your feedback around usability and function with our team for review and consideration in the future. If you have more feedback always feel free to reach out to your account manager. We always welcome this input to make the product better for you and your team. Thank you!

Eric

January 2016

Workhorse of a tool... Great for what I use it for!

I am a jack of all trades for the various teams at the agency I work at. I work in the digital side of a DRTV ad agency, we have roughly 160 employees I believe. Currently I help out the creative web dev team, services and account managers. I usually help the C/WD team and the account managers when I am in Ion and using it. I am the mule that all the teams use to be honest. I use Ion to help Josh (our creative director) with designs, revisions, setting creatives live, changing/monitoring tests, things like that. For the account managers I use Ion to pull test data, traffic source data, in-page data (who clicked what) and as an overall barometer to tell the AMs how pages are doing. For everything I do, I know know it isn't the level that Josh and Mike use it, it works perfectly!

Pros

I like to think of myself as a pretty literate web and computer user. But with that said, there are various online tools and services we use for agency day to day tasks, that are horrible to work in and not easy to use/figure out. I think this is where Ion really shines. Josh has shown me a bunch of things to do within Ion, once you learn it once, you know it. Ion is easy that way. But it is also easy in the sense that he told me to go into the Sandbox and play around. I got lost in Ion for a couple hours and learned a hell of a lot. Things I know now, that Josh will say "I'll show you in a minute..." by the time he gets to my desk, it is done. Ion is that intuitive, it's easy as hell to use. But I do know that I am only scratching the surface. There are porbably things Josh or someone from Ion could teach me and I could use Ion even more.

Cons

My only real con is the reporting and reports that Ion spits out. We are kind of spoiled by some of the reports we get from our own tracking system ROIA and other services where it is a dump of ALL data and we pick a choose. But there are also some prebuilt reports, built by us or the admins, that have selective fields. I would love to be able to build more selective reports for Ion. What I do now is export all respondents and then use tags, sources, PubID and other URL variables to get what I want out of the data.

Response from ion interactive

Amazing review! We love your involvement in the tools and it sounds like you are an awesome ion super user. We love this <3 :-) We've share your feedback on analytics and will definitely consider this when looking at platform improvements. Thank you!

January 2016

Excellent platform for enhancing an existing company website

I really enjoy using the ion platform for our company's website. We signed up with ion over a year ago because we saw some really interesting things being incorporate on major websites, and on some of our competitors' websites, and we wanted to the same. After researching the various companies that provide custom landing pages, we found ion interactive. We decided to go with ion because they offer a wide variety of landing pages, online surveys, forms and other related website content that we felt would add value to our site, and to the customer experience. In addition, we liked the ion creative designs and layout, particularly the mobile enhancements that can be customized for each device. After a year of using ion interactive, I have seen some positive results. I've created landing pages, online surveys and forms that are fully branded with our company's logo and color scheme, and most of them have produced a nice click-through rate. We have even generated leads from some of our main ion pages that are linked to our website via the ion interactive subdomain.

Pros

- Excellent creative - tons of themes and landing pages that can be customized just about any way you want - Fully responsive pages for all devices (you can customize on-screen content to fit any size tablet or mobile phone - Great customer service! ion interactive does not leave you "in the dark" once you sign up. They have a dedicated team that is always willing to assist you on the phone or via email - New creative - ion interactive introduces new creative on occasion, which is great because website development/trends are changing at such a rapid pace - Marketo Integration on creative - a huge benefit - Detailed one-click reporting features (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) - Full suite of videos for clients

Cons

Because ion interactive is a very robust platform, there is a learning curve for even the most experienced and capable web programmer/designer/content writer. However, once you understand the basics of ion interactive, and start with the intermediate level creative pieces, it is fairly easy. I started with the basic creative themes and worked my way up to the intermediate and expert level (ones).

Response from ion interactive

Thank you for this amazing and comprehensive review! We love the feedback on using ion and your training. For more resources and updates please feel free to check out our support site. http://support.liveball.com/hc/en-us

August 2016

Great Webpage Creator and Manager

We use ion interactive for specific clients' webpages, landing pages, mobile pages, and emails. It is currently only used in the performance content department, which is responsible for creating content for our clients. We are able to put our designs and creations together and onto ion interactive, and have the client help add links, clickTags, TFNs, Promo IDs, etc. This allows for the project to be created, tested, and pushed live very quickly rather than many back-and-forth communications that would be present in basic workplaces.

Pros

- Organizing campaigns, portfolios, and creatives. - Flexible editing within the creative studio. - Testing and pushing creatives live while giving thorough analytics and reports.

Cons

- The layout and design of its main interface looks a little bit dated. - Using frameworks seem difficult to edit and configure to function properly with Ion's creative studio capabilities. - Missing the ability to gather emails for a database.

January 2016

Limited experience, easy to use, great results...

I use Ion at the advertising agency I work at. I assist the creative and web development team, along with our account managers - with regards to Ion. Just some background on what I do: Normally the C/WD team sets up all the clients in Ion, all the landing pages and link. I am the one who goes in, pulls stats, moves traffic around to make winners sole landing pages, etc. For what I do, Ion is perfect. I have had a couple issues in the past, but they aren't really Ion issues. More about where and how to do things within Ion, that I found out from others. So I would say my experience with Ion is stellar!

Pros

I love the interface. It seemed to change a little bit ago, looks more "modern" now if that is how I should put it. I like that someone like myself, no web design or development background, can go in and influence user experiences on the fly, with just a little bit of training. It is so easy to use!I love how setting up tests and traffic allotment is. I am also a huge fan of the ability to make simple graphic changes to the landing pages - it is VERY easy.

Cons

I still haven't found a great way to pull conversion path data with the path fully listed out. I would love to see reports by creative with a path, % of traffic split per link, etc. Sometimes the segmentation gets in the way and can confuse the numbers. This all may be in my team's setup, or in Ion, not sure. The other thing I wish we could do is some sort of preview function for clients, where they don't have to login but we don't have to put creatives on a separate "live" link. I hope I'm saying that clearly. That would be awesome, for client review, etc. Other than these minor things, I have been a huge fan of Ion!

Response from ion interactive

We hear you loud and clear! The feedback around analytics and creative approvals are super helpful and will be shared with our team. Thank you!

Stephen