• Pros

• "We love Klaviyo and have found it to be easy to use and has all the features and characteristics that we needed for less money than other similar providers. "

• "Robust features that just work. It's a bit getting used to but you can do most of what you want with them Really good templates for those starting out and experienced as well"

• "This software is honestly the BEST when it comes to ecommerce email marketing. They not only allow you to create flows quickly, but it's extremely easy to create campaigns as well!"

• Cons

• "Their onboarding process could be easier They have tutorials but they're fuzzy and should be made available with webinars being an option."

• "Support is excellent however can be a little delayed waiting for email replies. Pricing can also be hard to understand when you first start using with cost per contact."

• "No complaints! Some features are a bit confusing, but that's to be expected with that level of power."

Browse Klaviyo Reviews

Craige Hardel from Hardel Enterprises

Best ecommerce autoresponder out there

My go to solution for ecommerce clients. It has automation ,good templates and everything else

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Klayvio seemed like a more complete solution and they analytics is quite detailed so you can optimize your campaigns are every stage their integrations with shopify are quite deep as well

Arthur from Innovative Journaling

Best CRM for ecommerce, Worst for Customer Support

With no phone support and 30 - 40 minute wait times for chat support and 24 hour response times for email support and no support on weekends, this makes Klaviyo's customer support the absolute worst I have ever seen. Maybe it's due to their growing pains. Their support staff are a mixed bag in terms of knowledge and being helpful and while that's not the norm for most SASS companies, I think that's pretty common across most CRM companies.

Pros

Fairly easy to learn for such powerful software Integration with Facebook Their native integrations and Not having to use Zapier for a lot of my integrations.

Cons

There is almost nothing to not like about this software but to learn it, you need to learn Klaviyo speak. If I had to pick one thing it would be some of the finicky ways in which the email builder acts when dragging in a new widget or row and trying to position it.

Veronica from Vappora

Best email app ever!

I have only been using Klaviyo for 3 months and I only wish I had discovered it before. If you sell online through an e-commerce platform give it a try! You will not regret it!

Pros

I have nothing but good things to say about Klaviyo. It is filled with great features like no other email app I have seen before; it has a very friendly interface that makes email creation a breeze; excellent analytics and a very fair price. The other huge plus is their amazing customer service! They are on their toes waiting to help you! Superfast, super-efficient!

Cons

I still have not learned to use this app in all its depth, but their triggers and segmentations are amazing. There is nothing not to like in this app.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Springbot lacks half of the features of Klaviyo (I actually tried it for 3 months) and is triple the price. Springbot is hugely overpriced!

Dayle from The Pool Masters (Nam Fah Sai Co Ltd)

Great product... with problems.

Being a developer myself, I informed the Klaviyo team of the deprecated code errors their plugin was displaying on peoples websites, and to the fact that their plugin slowed customers websites down drastically. The reply I received a couple of days later was: "Unfortunately we do not update our plugin very often - but our team will get around to it eventually." This was 2 years ago, and the plugin still has not been corrected. So it still produces errors, and still slows peoples websites down.

Pros

Klaviyo is extremely easy to setup, especially compared to its competitors. You have the freedom to link Klaviyo with your Wordpress/WooCommerce website seamlessly. Everything can be automated! Such as emails after order received, emails after payment received, multiple emails after certain time duration's for things like newsletter subscriptions and a lot more options are available to include users website Wishlists, items they left in their shopping carts to remind them, and all emails are fully customisation using the Klaviyo's inbuilt email form designer. You can also arrange customer lists, newsletter subscription user lists, and any other lists you may require. The possibilities are endless!

Cons

Using Klaviyo on your Wordpress website as subscription signup form slows your website down, a lot! Although unnoticeable to customers surfing your site, Klaviyo also throws a few error on your page as it uses deprecated (out-dated) code. If the Klaviyo form builder doesn't produce the look/type of form you require, then you must build the form yourself by coding direct on your website (Which beats the point of having a form builder). The Klaviyo plugin does not update, and never announces that there is a new version. You must remove the plugin from your website, manually download the latest version from their website, and then upload/install/activate the new plugin. There is no option to change languages or string translations of forms, form input boxes, or form buttons. And these translations cannot be picked up in Wordpress plugins such as Lingotek or Polylang. The same applies to the confirmation pages after the user submits the forms.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

I made the switch from MailChimp to Klaviyo after a trial basis of Klaviyo and finding there is more I was able to do and accomplish. However, I later reverted back to using MailChimp as I did not want the errors on my pages that Klaviyo provides, and I did not want to radically decrease the loads speed of pages for my customers. People lose interest quick while waiting for a page to load, page load speeds mean EVERYTHING! So the choice I had was less email features or lose customers. I chose less email features.

Andrew from OTTY Sleep Ltd

Excellent Email Software

Such an impressive email service and compared to a much more expensive previous system was streets ahead. Granted there are better systems but for us the flows are perfect and for the next level of email campaign marketing you would need to spend a lot more

Pros

The ease of set up and the ability to see results against the campaigns. it was up and running within 24hr and their onboarding was outstanding.

Cons

To be honest very little however some of the email creative can be a little constrained. For the price it really is very good for those on a budget and with smaller CRMs. It may become more expensive if you have a lot of addresses as you pay per email user.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Cost and for what we needed was sufficient enough. Cant fault Ometria for what it offers in detail and the sophistication and for those looking for repeat custom its in a class of its own but its over 5x the price.

Erin from The Tie Bar

So Easy To Use!

My experience with Klaviyo has been great overall. We've seen positive changes to our account since implementation and appreciate how easy it is to use.

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly, allowing you to regularly test, create your own CTAs, uploaded photos, drag and drop graphic elements, etc. Perfect for a team with zero coding experience. Side Note: Their customer support is top-notch.

Cons

Aside from being very user-friendly on most fronts, building out email flows is a different story. This tends to be a time consuming process that is not as straightforward as it could be.

The Gold Standard for Shopify

The transition was fantastically simple, the IP warming was easy and everything about Klaviyo has made us happy so far.

Pros

I greatly enjoy using Klaviyo. We've utilized MailChimp, Zaius and more in our quest for a long term ESP that we are happy with and Klaviyo has been it. It's not the cheapest out there but it certainly isn't the most expensive and it feels like you really get a good value for the advanced features. The Shopify integration is easy and seamless and the Live Chat customer service has been responsive and helpful everytime. Very pleased with them.

Cons

Honestly, perhaps the only thing I don't like is that layout isn't as sleek as some of the other options but it's a very minor point.

Ashish from Vegancuts Inc

Excellent choice

Excellent. Their team is also super supportive and quick to respond with guidance. Would recommend Klaviyo.

Pros

Before choosing Klaviyo for our e-commerce business, we had done an extensive search of email marketing providers. Klaviyo seemed to have a differentiated set of features that allows more extensive analytics and data on email performance vs other providers. We've found this performance data to be extremely useful in determining what emails are/aren't working and in performing A/B testing. I would highly recommend Klaviyo for e-commerce companies

Cons

Klaviyo still doesn't have all the features that we'd love to see but they are continuously evolving and launching new tools. For example, their pop-up creation tool is very basic so one typically needs a 3rd party tool to manage pop-ups/forms.

Kathy from Skin Champagne

Overall, Klaviyo is what every business owner needs for their business. Every business owner I know have switched over to this platform because it's that great.

Pros

With Klaviyo it's very easy to use this software. I have tried other platforms in the past and was a little discouraged because I could not figure them out and it was too many steps, but when I found Klaviyo, it all changed. Everything just came together and I think a lot of it had to do with things being automatically set up, you just have to make your edits. For example, the flows, all you have to do is edit the information with yours and a few tweaks as to how you want it delivered and that's it.

Cons

There is nothing not to like about Klaviyo and if there is, I have yet to find it. I am a novice at email marketing and this clicked for me as soon as I logged into the platform.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Mailchimp was very difficult for me to understand and Klaviyo was super easy.

Ourania from AgentRisk

Industry: Investment Management

Nice product if you want to send simple emails

It's a nice product if you somewhere between a beginner and an expert in lifecycle marketing. It is very easy to set up campaigns and flows, however it has its limits. After a certain point, refining your emails and the results becomes too time consuming.

Pros

If you are new to lifecycle marketing or just looking for something to replace Mailchimp with, this is a nice product with useful features to get you started. Its dashboard is quite clear and intuitive.

Cons

Manipulating a template and filtering email results or recipients could definitely be taken up a notch.

Great email marketing software for ecommerce!

Pros

I've been using Klaviyo for about 9 months now, and I absolutely love it. It helped me increase the proportion of monthly store revenue by email from 10% to 50% in under 6 months. It's easy to use, easy to integrate with Shopify, and provides awesome functionalities that any ecommerce store could need. Their automated flows (abandoned carts, thank you emails, welcome series) all work seamlessly. They have many email templates to choose from, but you an also create your own templates easily with their template builder. No need to know how to code. Another reason to love Klaviyo is their ability to segment your audience. It's so easy to segment your audience based on their activity and interaction with your website. For example, creating segments of customers who purchased product X but didn't purchase product Y, or customers who viewed a certain product page but didn't make a purchase. By having these segments you can send very targeted emails to them, upping conversion rates. Their support is also fabulous. They're very responsive via live chat and/or email, and really take their time to help you. I've asked them so many things, and every single time I've been given tremendous support. The final reason why Klaviyo is great, is its price point. Other email marketing software such as Hubspot may have more features, but the price is unbelievably high. For a small business like ours where every penny makes a difference, we are so grateful for Klaviyo's prices.

Cons

I love Klaviyo, but what I wish they had is more features. Although, this makes sense because they offer everything at a lower price point than say, Hubspot. Many things are in the works though - I'm constantly in conversation with the support team, and they tell me that sophisticated features are in the works! Despite not having the most features in the email marketing world, this has never been a problem and has never deterred us from getting a lot of revenue from email marketing.

Carlos from Tuctoc.com

Klaviyo

Email marketing. It is the best platform for email marketing.

Pros

This is probably the best platform for email marketing I have ever tried. Well, I use it for my online store in order to send twice a week week newsletters to my customers' inboxes. Besides the multiple options that Klaviyo has, which makes it easy to give life to any pattern / combination of emails possibly out there, pricing is really fair, and they count with a free plan as well. Designing is also easy. I have fulfilled all my expectations when it was the time to create emails to be sent to customers. Something that I really like is the local time for delivering emails because sometimes customers have different time zones; if email is supposed to arrive at 9AM, then it would arrive at that time (for customers). Also, I have to mention the extense documentation that Klaviyo has. Customer service is through email, but they always answer back to you in as soon as 2 hours or less.

Cons

They could make pricing a little more advantageous for their clients.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo has all the necessary features.

Hjalte from MM Productions

The best email solution for ecommerce

Klaviyo is hands down the BEST solution for any serious ecommerce shop. If you are using shopify, there is no question, that Klavio is the way to go. Want to only send an email to people who bought widget a, but not widget B and haven't made a purchase in 3 months? No problem, with Klaviyo, you can easily do that. What about people who have made a purchase in the last 7 days, and have also spent more than $500 on your site... and not purchased widget c? Not a problem. How about targeting those exact audiences on facebook? Again, it's as easy as clicking a button. Klaviyo can sync all your segments with facebook. The only not-so-great thing about Klaviyo, is that it has a slightly steeper learning curve than your usual just-getting-started email service. But the support is great and they have some awesome templates to help you get started. I could go on and on about how amazing Klaviyo is, but instead I'll just say this: If you have an ecommerce store, you owe it to yourself to test out klaviyo. I am glad I did (and so are my wallet ;)

Pros

Can do pretty much everything, when it comes to email marketing.

Cons

It takes a little longer to get used to. With advanced features come a steeper learning curve.

Daniel from Utzy Naturals

Best E-come Email Software

Pros

Love Klaviyo. I've tried a few different email softwares in the past, including Mailchimp and GetResponse. Both of those softwares were a let down and didn't allow for the customization and integratino that I was looking for. Klaviyo has an AMAZING integration with Shopify. Makes my life so much easier. It also integrates with FB ads, which is a huge plus. Creating flows in Klaviyo is very simple, I have been able to create sophisticated flows with minimal stress and effort.

Cons

The only con I was going to mention was lack of a visual email flow tool, but they added that in the past 6 months, so I'm kind of stumped. It's a great tool. The only bad thing about it may be that it's more expensive, but I find it to be worth the cost.

Stuart from Treat Your Skin Ltd.

Valuable and powerful email automation and marketing

Pros

Fairly easy to use, lots of features and the ability to sync custom audiences to Facebook. The platform is always improving with extra features such as CLV data and creating back in stock emails recently as an example.

Cons

Creating automated campaigns (known as flows) is a bit clunky, especially when editing a campaign there's chances to delete things and mess the entire campaign up and you really need to plan ahead what you are doing because of this. You can duplicate the campaign though before making such edits.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Better price and integration is already built for Bigcommerce.

Jessamin from Bug & Bean Kids

Klaviyo is user friendly for first timers to email marketing & their customer service is outstanding

Well I am building my subscriber list which they say is super important for the growth of my company. I know that I will see the benefits and fruits of that they longer I do it. I am so new at it now. But I feel like I am pro by using this software which gives me confidence that I can do this!

Pros

There are so many things to like about Klaviyo! When first starting out I had no clue what I was doing. I really appreciated that they had all the basic emails already outlined for me. It made it so much easier for me. All I had to do was go in and change words and insert images if I wanted. I like the options that I can either use a template with HTML or just a simple text email and they have so many template options! I like that the whole process is guided and really easy to use. I don't ever have to worry if my emails are going to be sent or not. I love that they keep your customer in mind and they have a system in place to where they are not inundated with emails from you. They have a checklist to make sure that you got all the essentials in there before you send out an email and they will remind you if you didn't do something like use any links! I feel safeguarded from sending out a sub par email. I also love the analytics so I can see who has opened the email, clicked on links, made a purchase. And to top it all of they have amazing customer service. Have loved my experience with Klaviyo!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the fine print at the bottom of emails with all the manage preferences, mailing address, unsubscribe copyright info etc I had to kind of put together myself. Which is not a big deal at all but it would be nice to have that as an included template. Also not sure how to manually send a campaign to someone new to my newsletter. Have to manually do that. It only sends the campaign to those currently on my newsletter but not future subscribers within a certain time frame.

BEST EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE EVER!!

The best email marketing software - ever. It's hands down my favorite- and I've used the whole gammett of email marketing softwares. The ability to customize flows with purchase history, SKU's, behaviors is simple and straightforward. Extremely user friendly software.

Pros

First of all, the customer support is hands down the best customer support ever. They will get down to the nitty gritty and resolve your problems for you, while being patient, helpful and kind. There's also so many softwares this can get integrated into that I love the flexibility of it.

Cons

Honestly, I have absolutely no complaints about this software. The technology is the best for the price point, customer service rocks, and its so user friendly - i have confidence that anyone could learn email marketing automation simply with this platform!

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

Price point, customer service, ability to customize flows

This is great software

We moved from Klaviyo to Mailchimp because of Klaviyo's user interface and ability to create segments to target pretty much any specific audience from our lists that we desire. I also enjoy the customer information Klaviyo collects and makes available in terms of how frequently they order, their churn risk and overall value to the company. It's great!

Pros

It integrates with a lot of CMS services/softwares, it's easy to use, it's versatile, and Klaviyo is a great company

Cons

I guess it could be a little cheaper, but I believe you get what you pay for.

Klaviyo is a great Email platform for E-commerce companies

Changing to Klaviyo was one of the best decisions we did. Our team was able to integrate with it quickly. It is very well documented. Its API allows us to also pass over information from other tools we use. My team is very happy with this platform and has no intention of moving away.

Pros

The platform is built for E-commerce. It offers out of the box integration with Shopify and other marketing platforms. The platform is easy to use and understand, but still had powerful features that can allow any customization. Its customer support team was great when we were migrating from Mailchimp. It has plugins that connect it to other tools such as Facebook, Zapier.

Cons

Some of its features can be buggy at times. I sometimes get random error messages with our Facebook implementation.

Cara from Surplus Building Materials

It's as if I had the budget to hire a person to manage my email marketing strategy + implementation

Before Klaviyo: The newsletters got written eventually but clumsily, and not as often as I'd like. Follow-ups, re-engagement campaigns, customer win backs, cart and browse abandonment were either 1) not a thing or 2) a dry affair automated without the addition of rules to secure the right audience. Klaviyo changed everything, we are now rocking and rolling on a new level. We have been able to attribute our newsletter to several big sales, and customer win-back campaigns are working based on the sales data as well. I had no visibility to who was responding favorably and to what content because I could not get the budget for a large MAP. This platform is affordable for relatively small marketing budgets, yet very powerful, so far. It's as if I had the budget to hire a person to manage my entire non-transactional email marketing strategy and implementation. I do wish they could take over transactional emails from BigCommerce - who butchers the process, but the sales rep said they cannot do that right now.

Pros

I'd say so far I like the rules setup the best, segmenting my flows and campaigns to make sure I'm only hitting up people who 1) are interested in what I have to say right now, 2) Are the right audience for my current message/in-store sale announcement, etc and/or 3) Have not heard a similar message anytime recently. My other favorite is the easy integrations with other apps I'm using to manage my eCommerce and Digital marketing systems.

Cons

No overall CTR metric available (only per-campaign), nor a metric for open-rate stats across all campaigns/flows. Needing more training to intuit the analytics panel and some features but they do not have phone training available, I've been using it for about two months now, and I have a few blind spots that I cannot intuit from the interface, which is now a problem for me. They answered what they could via email.

So user-friendly!

Pros

This product is incredibly user friendly. I can't say enough good things about it and I have gone out of my way to recommend it to people.

Cons

Nothing. Everything from customer service to user experience is absolutely stellar.

Jeremy from Mommy Makeup

Industry: Cosmetics

Marketing Automation with support and deliverability concerns

In August 2015... I was convinced I needed a better email marketing solution with automation. Klaviyo is/was much more expensive than other basic email services (MailChimp, getResponse, AWeber) but the marketing automation was arguably a great investment with good ROI. I integrated K with my site (Americommerce) and discovered that the only way to make K to work was via middleware, "CartSync" which cost about $100/month. It was imperfect. Bare minimum metrics. Marginally useful. I accepted the limitations and launched. Klaviyo support manager's exact words to me were, "Why don't you move to Shopify?" Those words resonated... 10 weeks later when I decided to actually replatform to Shopify, getting Klaviyo support to answer a basic question was a frustrating experience. K support earned a reputation as only slightly better than useless. Then there was the "integration disconnect" bug -- the connector to my Shopify store was shut off by Klaviyo, without notification -- ah, but there was an email -- sent by a spammy server (non-transactional) that never saw the light of day. We learned that K was sending TRANSACTIONAL EMAILS from a marketing server. And this email was getting flagged as spam by many mail servers. In the mean time, I was a presenter at am ecommerce conference and when I asked who used Klaviyo, many raised their hand... then I asked, "is anyone satisfied with Klaviyo support?" -- the room's reaction caused the Klaviyo rep in the room to text his management team - and before the end of the session we were told K was hiring 4 new support reps. SO the consensus was: Klaviyo usually works great Klaviyo has lousy support Klaviyo is relatively expensive as your customer list grows Klaviyo is very powerful. But Klaviyo *had* an issue with their email hitting a spam RBL... When I went to send a preview email for a campaign, it was flagged as spam. When I tried sending Klaviyo subscribe emails from 10 different stores that I knew to use Klaviyo, they all went to SPAM. I was able to get Klaviyo removed from the offending RBL - but until a call from Klaviyo's director of product at T+30 hours, the silence from Klaviyo was deafening. Then Cyber Monday's failure... I'm still a K customer for today, but I will probably not be a customer in 60 days. I still think the product is amazing, but no-confidence in deliverability and the history of limited support forced me to seek an alternative.

Pros

Incredibly powerful rules and automation flows. SUPER TIGHT integration with Shopify.

Cons

Deliverability is a concern. Support is slow to respond.

Dustin from FantasyJocks.com

Email marketing at it's finest

Overall I have been very happy with our transition to Klaviyo. Well worth the investment.

Pros

Interface is well laid out and easy to navigate. There are tons of options to dig into when setting up flows/campaigns.

Cons

The cost is a bit higher than our previous email provider. I do believe the added functionality is worth it.

Quality email marketing

Pros

I liked the template editor and it's ability to truly customize what users could design. Most of the templates were useable with some modifications.

Cons

We found more than one case where our HTML templates did not line up with the plain-text emails that were being sent by Klaviyo. This may have been because we replicated campaigns but it would be useful if Klaviyo re-ran the plain-text generator every time a new campaign is being sent. We use OpenCart 2 which Klaviyo hasn't offered an integration for (they have an integration for OpenCart v1.x).

Klaviyo review

Klaviyo helped me to raise the average lifetime value of my customers by offering a very good email platform.

Pros

It is very intuitive and it's very easy to customize emails. They have a lot of great templates that you can use to make great emails very fast. It's great for ecommerce. The open rates were very high with this software.

Cons

It was quite pricey compared to the competition.

Alex from LL Medico

Great ecommerce marketing email platform

We use Klaviyo for sending our order confirmation, shipping, tracking, and other after purchase emails. For marketing, we've created some great flows including a thank you email 3 days after purchase, abandoned cart emails, customer recovery emails, etc.

Pros

It's full of features and pretty simple to use. Switched from Mailchimp and haven't looked back. It's a little pricier but that's ok. Have created some really great marketing emails and even use it for our after purchase emails (order confirmation, shipping, tracking, etc).

Cons

Sometimes the site is a little slow. I'm sure this has to do with the time of day and the use it is getting from other users.

Sean from Yoga Food Pty Ltd

Freakin Love Klaviyo

I transitioned to klaviyo from another popular email marketing platform for my shopify store and the difference is like night and day. Klaviyo smashes it! Benefits: Klaviyo integrates seamlessly with Shopify. It has a simple "Getting Started" process that's included and doesn't cost a bucket load of extra money to understand how to use the platform. It has amazing tracking and analytics that are easy to understand and help you see where you are converting sales and where you need to improve. The drag and drop editor is awesome and the segmenting rules you can create for email flows is amazing. It integrates seamlessly with SumoMe. It basically does everything I need and has shown me things I didn't even know I could do to improve my business. I Love It! The only negative, it would be awesome if they had easy access to telephone support or live chat. The support is good via email but I like immediate support and the ability to chat live.

Pros

Mentioned in my review comment

Cons

Mentioned in my review comment

Kelly from ZigZev

Good for the startup

Very easy to use, liked it!

Pros

Klaviyo is really simple to use. The interface takes some time to get used to but there's not much to it so you get the hang of it pretty quick. You can drag and drop images within the template so there's no coding required. This makes it simple for the small business that can't afford to hire a programmer.

Cons

As your company grows it becomes a little too basic. Other larger platforms offer many more features and a more professional/knowledgable staff to help with marketing strategy. There are also times when the mobile preview does not render emails properly. For example, it will show two stacked images in the previewer but when you actually send yourself a test of the email the pieces are not stacked on mobile. Other than that, there isn't too much that I dislike. It's just easy to grow out of.

Danielle from King Ice

Integrated from Mailchimp, so far so good

We have gotten our email marketing revenue from just 2% of our business to closer to 11% I am really happy with this, and feel it will really help us realize our goals. It seems really easy to grow and list clean with it as well.

Pros

I love that I can set up these great flows to winback customers, and offer discounts. It links really easily with Shopify, and we were up and running really quickly. I like the layout and UX of the platform a lot.

Cons

Sometimes I have emails that do not get delivered and it is a difficult to know why this happens here and there, but my customer success manager has addressed this with me.

Reasons for Choosing Klaviyo

It was much easier to use and get started and the account executives were really warm and friendly.

Andrea from PSC

Great E-mail Marketing and CRM Software

Klaviyo allows us to better target customers that were big spenders or seasonal purchasers. This helped us create campaigns that catered to them and convert sales.

Pros

Klaviyo combines your store data (like customer information) and lets you build e-mail campaigns that are smart. They have automation tools to make sending easy. The amount of options that you can match on with an individual lets you create very unique campaigns to specific types of customers.

Cons

There is a learning curve. The number of options you have when creating flows and using logic statements can be daunting. However, their customer service is superb and have helped me every time I had a question.

Lucas from ALIVE Boutique - A Little Vegan Boutique

Klaviyo is like Mailchimp for Ecommerce. On steroids.

More, free traffic coming from Email. Social Media is cool, we get it. They have live videos and stuff. But where will Instagram be in 2 years, what about Pinterest/Snapchat etc? You'll never know. Your Email list, however, is here to stay. Klaviyo will help you nurture it and make the most out of it.

Pros

I think their product recommendation of products is very good. We all know the value of retargeting and with Klaviyo you can show either your most popular products in your weekly or daily emails or you can even show personalised product recommendations. This will result in higher open rates and CTRs in the long run. Give it a try and see for yourself, it's a powerful tool. I also love the email flows, once you set them up (I upgraded from the free Mailchimp version) you'll see a lot more (practically free) traffic coming from Email to your shop. All in all a great service, you'll see an uplift very quickly. last but not least: I LOVE it that they're constantly improving it further (latest addition are customised coupons for every user)

Cons

the management of profiles and users can be a bit tricky although you'll quickly grasp what it is all about.

Caitlin from Leg Up Marketing + Communications

This is THE best ESP for e-commerce and beyond

I can't say enough good things about Klaviyo

Pros

If you're looking for a powerful, intuitive, and revenue-driving email service provider, go with Klaviyo. It has tons of features, but is easy to learn, even for a beginner. And, their support team is awesome. From creating flows to segmenting your list, Klaviyo can do it all.

Jodie from Cybercartel International Inc

Simplified ESP with all the necessary integrations! Great segmenting and amazing customer service!

Easy to automate our email campaigns, and very detailed breakdowns of campaign performance as well as contacts. We have been able to narrow down our subscriber list to the most loyal and our least loyal customers, as well as create campaigns to drive traffic back to our website based on analytics within Klaviyo.

Pros

Their basic templates are a no-frills way to make sure you're taking full advantage of your email lists. With automation as well as blast sending capabilities, plus outstanding customer service skills - seriously, I email our rep and get responses within minutes - it's a no brainer, especially if you're working with a smaller email list.

Cons

The ability to design and utilize HTML based templates is a bit shotty. The web-forms feature can be difficult to understand - different forms send to lists vs segments, flows.

Jonathan from I Love Cat Socks

Nice for Emailing Lots of People

I've been using Klaviyo for a little while now, and it's pretty nice for emailing, especially if you have a decent sized list. It's simple to create templates, and they're almost constantly adding new features to improve the platform. Customer Service is great, too. I wish the data reporting had an easier way to see custom info from the dashboard, but other than that it's great!

Pros

It's easy and simple to use, they have tons of resources and helpful tips to improve the efficacy of marketing efforts, and have stellar customer service. They are also constantly adding new features that are pretty sweet.

Cons

the reporting options could be a little more user friendly, like being able to set custom date ranges from the dashboard would be really nice to have.

Aaron from Outside The Box by Cheeky Days

Easier to set up than Mailchimp and insanely more powerful

I started with Mailchimp and l liked it, but I couldn't get the segmentation that I wanted for my Shopify store. We were just launching our new store and I didn't have the time to switch and set up a new email system, but wow...it was so simple. I blocked half a day and I had it mostly set within 2 hours! Abandoned cart sequence, welcome sequence, repeat purchase thank you sequence. All will easy A/B test set up. Plus it automatically set up segmentations based on spending. My favorite part is the activity feed which tracks all of you customers activities and you can quickly sort to see who has opened an email, who has been active on the site, clicked links, etc... I am no marketing expert and this has made it so simple. I cannot recommend them enough. I experimented with Convertkit and Mailchimp and Klaviyo is hands down the best for e-commerce!

Pros

Dead simple to set up. Intuitive Functionality Powerful and dynamic list building and segmentation Love the activity feed! Great usage data

Cons

Email templates have a ton of drag and drop options, but it's not as easy to create good looking emails as mail chimp. if you aren't careful you can junk up your email design. There are a ton of options so it is more customizable than mail chimp and you can add dynamic product feeds based on Shopify info.

Nick from Horse 'O Peace Ranch

Can't rave about this company and product enough!!!

Increased my income/revenue drastically!

Pros

The integration is almost flawless. And where they may lack in an area they are very quick to help out and increase in areas you bring up. They are VERY focused on what the customer needs and wants. The Customer service is top notch and the help files are surprisingly helpful. They have clearly put a lot of effort into this aspect of the company. Great Job Guys!

Cons

Would love to see some of the same integrations that you see with other platforms brought across to the rest. Ex: Generating custom coupon codes like shopify.

Veronica from Marketing Solutions

Industry: Online Media

The Best option since Mailchimp and Shopify broke up

Klaviyo is a perfect solution for Shopify users it basically has everything you need to pamper your customers by the time you increase your sales and loyalty. The best part, they offer a free subscription then you can upgrade according to your needs.

Pros

The most important thing for me is the Shopify integration. Emailing is one of the best tools to increase customer loyalty and re-purchasing at e-commerce and Klaviyo was designed to really help in this matter. All their flows are perfectly set and are very easy to customize.

Cons

It took me time to understand how Klaviyo works as I was really customed to MailChimp interface and if you are too, probably you need to test a lot before sending your first campaign or run your first flow.

Morgan from Gator Waders

Powerful Email Automation Software with Outstanding Customer Care

Easy email automation and really stellar support. They made email automation a breeze for us.

Pros

Klaviyo is highly intuitive without sacrificing the powerful nature of its features. It offers everything we want and not much that we don't or won't in the future. I can't say enough about the on boarding team and process and the account rep we have access to. It's just been a great experience all around.

Cons

The software is definitely pricey at its highest tier, but if you can make it work in the budget, go for it. Especially if you're a Shopify user.

Damon from Damon Paine

Klaviyo is the only email platform I use and recommend.

Revenue!!

Pros

Klaviyo integrates perfectly with my clients and my own Shopify store. It is simply to use whilst having a host of powerful features to assist in generating revenue from both your lists and flows.

Cons

Klaviyo is a great tool to use to manage your company's CRM & email marketing.

Pros

Pros: Great way to see how active & engaged email leads are with its individual profile view Super integration with Shopify which allows setting up customized abandoned cart automated email flows

Cons

Reporting on campaigns & email list performance isn't as good as it could be. It's difficult to easily access performance data on list engagement

Great Email Marketing Tool For Beginners and Ecommerce

Overall, Klaviyo has made setting up email marketing for my ecommerce websites super simple and effective. I would recommend to anyone that has an ecommerce site and wants to easily set up flows and make beautiful emails.

Pros

Klaviyo has easy to customize templates that make your emails look beautiful and creative. You do not need to know how to code in order to customize them. The pre-built automation flows make setting email marketing super easy. I love the drag and drop feature for setting up flows. It makes it easy to visualize and plan any campaign.

Cons

You have to be a paying member for live chat support. Regardless, the customer service is still super helpful. Just be aware that if you are on the free plan, you may have to email your questions. The pro, however, is that klaviyo has a bunch of content online that you can read to answer your own questions.

Jordan from One in Five Clothing

The best autoresponder on the market

I've finally had confidence in my email sequences. Above all I have trust and confidence that the service is integrating correctly and the right emails are being sent out at the right times and look the right way. I'm not constantly worrying that this is being done correctly

Pros

It's pricing and functionality combo. It is designed the best of any email service I've seen, arranged in "flows" for a certain set of emails to automatically happen when an event is triggered. It integrates natively into several platforms including Shopify, making everything completely automated once it is set up. It is also free to use up to 250 contacts, which is quite impressive.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting and editing of the emails aren't quite accurate, it seems like sending tests sometimes yields different results than what is shown in the editor. This is always good practice, but could still be improved in the software. There are a few bugs in the interface that require reloading the page, but I've never lost any work I've done

gabrielle from Living revelations

Industry: Sporting Goods

Klaviyo review

Overall klaviyo does the job well in managing email campaigns and reporting

Pros

Its a great software to manage email subscribers and customers.

Cons

It was hard to sync with zoho and Shopify. We had to go back through and check through customers to make sure their profile would be updated when they updated it on Shopify.

Jake from HOH

LOVE Klaviyo!!!

Pros

Cons

I honestly don't really have many dislikes other than it's very difficult to make changes on mobile.

Mike from Freshly Picked

Easy Yet Powerful

Pros

Klaviyo is extremely intuitive and has a simple interface. I was an interim email manager and had to learn quickly, and I felt that Klaviyo was the perfect tool to easily setup flows/automations.

Cons

Exporting customer segments and reports seem to take longer than expected. Depending on the size of the export, it can take hours to completely export. Comparing campaign performance is limited, so reliance on spreadsheets is still necessary.

Ian from Sentience, LLC.

Powerful data segmentation + beautiful email templates + FB integration = More Revenue

I started using Klaviyo as a solution for a retail client whose customer base is made up of people who exhibit a diverse set of categorical interests. With the need for segmentation and better targeting, we quickly realized his existing email provider was incapable of providing this functionality, so we decided to turn to Klaviyo to fill the need. The platform is brilliant, we were able to segment by user attributes and purchase behaviors, we were able to pull in custom product feeds, we were even able to export segments to Facebook for targeted ad campaigns. Klaviyo wins big points for usability, customization and results and we'll continue to use the platform.

Pros

The list segmentation and automated flows are incredibly powerful.

Cons

The product does not yet have a Google Customer Match integration but I'm sure that will be coming down the road.

Response from Klaviyo

Replied November 2016

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoy using our platform.

Nick from Horse 'O Peace Ranch

Excellent software at a reasonable price for what is offered...

Klaviyo's integration is excellent as a whole. I use it with BigCommerce and while I wish there was something other than just a script integration. Something similar other Apps in BigCommerce I feel like they do pretty good job. I have been able to get very specific with my retargeting of past customers and retain MUCH more regular customers and reorders than when I used mailchimp. Well worth the extra money for the complexity of targeting. Do take your time learning how to create flows. That is where you money comes back to you for sure.

Pros

The extreme customization of flows.

Cons

No APP for integrating directly with BigCommerce. Integration with Amazon is not working right now.

Luiza from Free lance professional

a MUST-HAVE tool

Pros

I absolutely love Klavyio. Its interface it's similar to MailChimp, but I find it so much easier to work with Klaviyo than with MC. I've been using it as our email management tool for a year now and it has every feature our business needs; from list management, to broadcasting messages, to creating email flows. Plus, Klaviyo's support is impeccable. The agents are well prepare to guide you through all your needs and they for sure go the extra mile to help you take the most out of their tool.

Cons

I don't think they have any cons. It's pricey, but it's worth it.

Jason from Oceanside Photo & Telescope, LLC

Very Good Email Software

Higher revenue than using smaller email services. Also was able to set up some email automation.

Pros

Klaviyo is a pretty good email automation software. They have a lot of the same functions and abilities as all of the other guys so for me it came down to price when using them. They have helped my businesses focus more on email marketing and the revenue has exploded for that part of my business ever since.

Cons

No matter how easy they make it seem, all email software is somewhat difficult to use and set up. I unfortunately did not have the time to set this up myself and depended on my team to do that. It did not go so well until I had to jump into that project. If you do not know what you are doing with email then this can be difficult to use. AKA, not a great tool for the first time user.

Alex from Crik Nutrition

Best Fit For Shopify I've Found

I'm really happy after making the switch to Klaviyo for my Shopify site and would definitely recommend for anyone in e-commerce. My motto for the year was to simplify everything, and switching to Klaviyo helped me accomplish this and streamline (un-complicate) my email system. There are a couple others out there that have a few more features like CRM, tagging, click triggers within emails, etc, but that isn't always totally necessary. The deep integration Klaviyo has with Shopify is what ultimately made me switch and I'm glad I did. Their help desk is usually quick to respond, and always very helpful too.

Pros

Simple, deep integration with Shopify, quick and helpful support team, their blog is great, and support docs are very good as well.

Cons

Could use a couple more advanced features like tagging, click triggers in-email that trigger tags/segments, more robust CRM.