All Klaviyo Reviews

Klayvio is GREAT for email list management / engagement

Dennis

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

A glowing beacon in a saturated market

Fantastic from beginning to end. I would suggest Klaviyo to anyone.

PROS

There are hundreds of email marketing managers, and they all pale in comparison to Klaviyo. Instead of trying to be a jack of all trades, Klaviyo focused on making the best e-commerce marketing platform, PERIOD. The integration with Shopify is an utter game changer, and makes it possible to actually feel in control of your marketing.

CONS

When it comes to Klaviyo, there is a bit of a learning curve. They do make sure there are plenty of resources, so if you want to learn you will.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo is more focused on e-commerce which is my primary focus.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

For the focused look into e-commerce and the commitment to make the best e-commerce marketing resource.

Adam

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

The best all-in-one marketing tool for scale

Overall, I am a fan and they have earned their place as our go-to marketing tool. We can't operate without Klaviyo.

PROS

Klaviyo does what it promises. It's an all-in-one solution for email, sms, customer data, and automations. Their software works better than the competitors at scale: they grow healthier lists which means more revenue long term.

CONS

The import from mailchimp was a bit of a hassle, and the sync between Klaviyo and Shopify has some unexpected issues that crop up, but that's likely due to our integration and not on the software stack itself. Pricing for SMS in Canada is very high, which may be prohibitive for some.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I wanted more flexibility and control over campaigns and automations. We were having trouble with damaged sending reputation on Mailchimp. I also wanted a platform that would support SMS seamlessly and integrate with our customer profiles.

Steve

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Not user friendly, poor support

Poor, I wouldn't recommend Klaviyo over others that I have used (Active Campaign, Omnisend, Drip).

PROS

The Klaviyo application is very powerful, no doubt.

CONS

The UI for the automation flow filters are not intuitive and not well designed. Basic requirements for flows are unnecessarily difficult to implement. When you contact Klaviyo support, staff gives information that contradicts their published documentation and often don't actually give the correct advice at all, resulting going around in circles trying to get issues resolved. Klaviyo list management is also poor, and like some other platforms (seems to be a trend), Klaviyo gears the system towards pushing you to pay for more customer profiles than you actually need and then when you try to clean or remove profiles you have to go through manual processes, whereas Klaviyo could easily provide options to automate this, or at least NOT require manual CVS export/imports. I mean really Klaviyo it's 2022 people. The Klaviyo visual builder is buggy, even in their "NEW" builder there were bugs with things as basic as applying link colour styles at a global level. Generally also poor UI for the visual builder. Overall, it's almost like the Klaviyo designers tried to make the UI as clunky as possible, probably went to the same design school as the Mailchimp designers (which is equally terrible).

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Company decision. Minor frustrations/technical issues with Drip. In hindsight it was a poor choice.

Karan

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Pretty good software with just one reservation

PROS

Integration abilities with other tools, flows/automation is very easy to setup, the tool is intuitive, other email tools do not offer SMS as well, so it is really good for e-commerce stores.

CONS

Pricing, other ESPs are priced more economically, which is favourable for a startup that is trying to scale. At times it is hard to justify the monthly fixed cost if you've had a hard month.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Automation capabilities weren't good with mailchimp at that point of time

Eszter

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Best e-mail marketing solution for Shopify

I have tried many email marketing providers (MailChimp, Sendlane etc) and found that Klaviyo offers the highest customer service, hands-on implementation, very detailed training and on-boarding. They also offer many pre-build email templates and flows that are customizable

PROS

Klaviyo's customer service and implementation team is outstanding! Nate walked us through the platform and shows us the dashboard, which was very helpful. After we signed up, we had 6 (1-hour) onboarding calls with an implementation specialist to make sure we set up everything correctly. They offer MANY pre-built email campaign templates and flows, so creating a full email strategy is very easy! Reporting and the dashboard is very user friendly. Connecting with Shopify only takes a minute.

CONS

We hope that the SMS marketing feature will integrate with Gorgias soon - Klaviyo confirmed that it is coming!

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Mailchimp did not have an easy to reach customer service team and they did not offer a dedicated customer success manager like Klaviyo does.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

MailChimp did not provide training and tech support.

Hemal

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Good for beginners

PROS

For automation, email sequences, and website pop-ups, Klaviyo is perfect. It is very easy to use and set up all of the things. One more thing, for website widgets, they don't have a watermark

CONS

Before Klaviyo has 1K subscribers but they have recently decreased the maximum limit to just 250.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

MailerLite is giving 1K subscribers in free plan.

Craige Hardel

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Best ecommerce autoresponder out there

My go to solution for ecommerce clients. It has automation ,good templates and everything else

PROS

Robust features that just work. It's a bit getting used to but you can do most of what you want with them Really good templates for those starting out and experienced as well

CONS

Their onboarding process could be easier They have tutorials but they're fuzzy and should be made available with webinars being an option.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Klayvio seemed like a more complete solution and they analytics is quite detailed so you can optimize your campaigns are every stage their integrations with shopify are quite deep as well

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Better features and ease of use

Bo

Banking, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2023

Many features

The ready to use templates of campaigns are very useful and had given us opportunity to test them all before activating campaigns. The usage of targeting correct customers helped us to see the points where we missed before.

PROS

Klaviyo could be the best when it comes to behaviour based automations especially building customer profiles and targets the correct customers when creating and building the sms or e-mail campaigns. Also it can create and simulate campaigns before launching them and gives you a forecast for future months and years.

CONS

Has lots of reporting and analytics features but customizing them are not so practical, high management might not see them appealing.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Reporting function to high management did not go well.

Sherri

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great marketing tool

Customer service has been good and anytime there is a site wide issue we are kept up to date on it being fixed.

PROS

We can get several campaigns built and scheduled while we begin work on others

CONS

It wasn't something we felt comfortable doing ourselves so we did hire and outside firm to handle this for us.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Klaviyo had more features and flexibility for gaining customer data

Rochel

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2024

Automation Email Marketing

I love this i will still use it on my shopify store.

PROS

I would say the best app on email marketing.

CONS

I couldn't think of content to put sometimes. I wish this have articles or trivia through integration of chatgpt.

Manny

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Good ESP That Does What You Need

Besides cost, the biggest team our team wanted to get out of the ESP was email automation which you get built in with Klaviyo. We had some assistance with our agency to get on-boarded and build some additional flows but overall, there wasn't to much of a learning curve with building the emails. Their tables do not render nicely in Outlook though, which didn't have that issue before which is a bummer.

PROS

With our previous ESP, we had to pay extra for the automation that you would expect with your email service provider. With looking at bottom line, that is what lead us to research other ESPs, which lead us to Klaviyo. While there is a learning curve with any new program, this one wasn't to bad to get adjusted. I will say I do miss the dedicated account rep we had with previous ESP and the on-boarding specialist okay...our marketing agency helped with the on-boarding as it was heading into Q4 and they helped steer ship in right direction after first two emails had less then stellar open rates.

CONS

The features are there that you need from an ESP perspective. They even recently announced the introduction of SMS marketing within their platform which helps ROI tracking to be even better instead of having to rely on a 3rd party vendor and who takes credit between a SMS message or email message. While our email send total is actually higher than in Listrak, we do not have a dedicated account manager to meet with and discuss the account, what they see, suggestions on where to optimize, etc. It is much cheaper than Listrak and another ESP we looked at so you get what you pay for.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Ultimately we were able to get everything we were looking for at a lower cost with Klaviyo. Had some hiccups along the way and the Outlook rendering issue is a pain in the rear if you aren't coding all your emails, but to stay with Listrak, it would have been a much higher cost.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

If money wasn't an issue between the two platforms, I would have stayed preferred we stayed with Listrak, but there cost was way to high comparatively and not even for as many "goods."

Kar

Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Has everything an experienced marketer will need and more, but the slow/choppy UX is frustrating

Great! Although I’m very critical of their UX, Klaviyo makes up for it in the number of features it offers. Also a great platform for agencies, as it has a lot of built in reporting features.

PROS

It has all the features that a seasoned marketer needs

CONS

The user experience can often be slow and laggy unless you have a high end computer with lots of RAM. Probably the only bad thing about Klaviyo.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo offers sign up forms out of the box, unlike other ESPs

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

MailerLite was great, but lacked the segmentation and complexity that Klaviyo offers.

Veronica

Reviewed December 2019

Best email app ever!

I have only been using Klaviyo for 3 months and I only wish I had discovered it before. If you sell online through an e-commerce platform give it a try! You will not regret it!

PROS

I have nothing but good things to say about Klaviyo. It is filled with great features like no other email app I have seen before; it has a very friendly interface that makes email creation a breeze; excellent analytics and a very fair price. The other huge plus is their amazing customer service! They are on their toes waiting to help you! Superfast, super-efficient!

CONS

I still have not learned to use this app in all its depth, but their triggers and segmentations are amazing. There is nothing not to like in this app.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Springbot lacks half of the features of Klaviyo (I actually tried it for 3 months) and is triple the price. Springbot is hugely overpriced!

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Mailchimp lacked features, I also had a lot of sync troubles with BigCommerce. The syncing issues made me start looking for other options, and I am glad I did.

Sam

Reviewed May 2022

Well worth the money

Despite the cons I laid out above, if you do have decent traffic and a good list size, you're missing out by not using klaviyo.

PROS

Klaviyo is the gold standard in eCommerce email & SMS marketing for a reason. It serves as a central hub for all your customer data and is the foundational building block for a strong segmentation & CLV strategy. It's extremely powerful with lots of features to tailor your marketing to your specific business case. I've also been very pleased with Klaviyo's customer support and educational resources.

CONS

Let's face it — this isn't the cheapest email software out there. For small eComm companies that are just starting out, it likely isn't the best option. The price isn't justified unless you have a decent-sized list and traffic on your site. It's also complex so there's a little bit of a learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I've used a number of SMS and Email providers over the years. We just outgrew Omnisend and Mailchimp. Emotive, on the other hand, is just bad software. Switching away from them was easy.

Kate

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

Upgrade from Mailchimp

PROS

I had been thinking about switching to Klaviyo for a year, and I am glad I did! I have been using for about 4 months now. I love the multi-step automation email and SMS paths of Klaviyo - I am always in touch with customers in a personalized way. The overall design I prefer Klaviyo to Mailchimp. The interface is clean, easy and full of data. The layouts that come with Klaviyo for campaigns are modern and well-designed. It makes designing emails actually fun again! I am excited to continue to implement all the new features Klaviyo offers in my marketing. The possibilities seem endless and I am already seeing great results!

CONS

Because of all the features offered in Klaviyo, there was a learning curve and it took time to implement and switch but definitely worth it and necessary!

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I enjoy email marketing and design, but I was starting not to with Mailchimp. Klaviyo focuses on what is most important for me: customer data (not just on email! I love the real time activity feed), an interface that helps me be creative when designing emails, and a full library of automation templates to constantly be in touch with customers in a personalized way that is easy to set up.

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Klavyio could be better

It is true that Klaviyo has been the leading email marketing software for some time now. However, there are some signs that this may not be the case for much longer.

PROS

Klavyio's integration with almost any product in the market is one of its best features. This allows users to integrate Klavyio into their existing workflows and systems seamlessly. Klavyio's wide range of integrations makes it a versatile tool that can be used in many different ways.

CONS

Klavyio's interface is in dire need of an upgrade. It is outdated and does not meet the needs of modern users. The interface is clunky and difficult to use, and it does not provide users' needed features. Klavyio needs to modernize its interface and provide a more user-friendly experience.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Mailchimp was dumped by Shopify at the moment.

1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

One of the best options for E-Commerce brands

PROS

Klaviyo is extremely easy to use. For employees that are less tech savvy, it's a great option. The integration with Shopify is pretty much flawless. MMS messaging is extremely easy for both broadcast sends and automated sends. If you have an online store, I don't think you should use another automation platform.

CONS

Segmentation and triggering workflows based on user segments are a bit more limited than tools like Braze or Iterable.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Added functionality including SMS/MMS and Shopify integration.

Connor