Klaviyo Software Reviews

Klaviyo Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"It is very intuitive and it's very easy to customize emails. They have a lot of great templates that you can use to make great emails very fast."
  • icon"We recommend Klaviyo to our clients who sell online and are in need of a powerful email solution. Klaviyo is our go to recommendation."
  • icon"It integrates well with Big Commerce allowing me to make a lot of good marketing decisions."
  • icon"Because it is a more in depth platform, it can be a bit intimidating for less experienced users."
  • icon"The pricing model sucks. You need to manually deactivate list members rather than being based on email volumes."
  • icon"Unreasonable and unprofessional customer support/service 0 probably untrained. Absolute rudeness on the phone."

Browse all Klaviyo Reviews

• Have you used Klaviyo and would like to share your experience with others?

Allison

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

June 2022

Klayvio is GREAT for email list management / engagement

Better than mailchimp - no question

It's been great. I had one experience with customer support where I felt the person wasn't going to pass on valid feedback (open rates of the first email cut by half due to < 2 hour wait with FB sync). But other interactions with support were great and I also was able to connect with their product manager who promised to look into it. I felt they're a young and flexible team. Also laser focused on email and what email marketers need.

Pros

If you want flexibility in segmenting your drips (or flows as they call it) then you need to use Klaviyo. We were using Mailchimp and kept finding areas that made it time consuming, confusing, or just not built to have a flexible drip campaign where contacts receive emails based on rules. For example you can easily create a series of emails that are only sent to contacts that meet a specific criteria and do it all within one drip through a "workflow" like drag and drop builder. You can also sync up to your facebook leads and save money on Zapier which is what you need to use if with Mailchimp.

Cons

While Zapier immediately pulls in leads from Facebook, Klaviyo only syncs every 2 hours. A lead getting a welcome email right away is SUPER important, but this means they don't hear from us for some time and it's negatively impacted our first email open rates -- almost cut it in half.

Reasons for choosing Klaviyo

I heard good things about it from others, seemed more versatile and matched to our needs.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

There are annoying bugs in Mailchimp or missing features which Klaviyo does beautifully. Most of those issues are related to emails within a drip (flow in Klaviyo). Rearranging the order of emails, reusing blocks from one email in another one without recreating from scratch, creating multiple branches within a drip based on subscriber criteria, A/B testing your emails in a drip, all those are critical and only in Klaviyo.

Pranjal

October 2022

Expensive but feature rich and easy to use email automation and campaign management application

Except the pricing part, everything else is great about this app. Its easy to use, does the job, has excellent ready to use and responsive email templates, smart campaign flows and standard other features.

Pros

The campaign flow is the best part of this app. You can automate when the emails are sent basis the action taken by your users and even their responses. There are numerous pre existing flows which will definitely fit your use case or even if they don't, there are many thirds party developers who provide flows. You can even build your own flows from scratch.

Cons

Its expensive, considering that they position themselves as the go to email automation app for e commerce sites, you are sure to fall in their highest pricing tier which is again not sufficient with just 15000 emails per month.

Reasons for choosing Klaviyo

Because of their email templates and automation flows.

Steve

October 2022

Not user friendly, poor support

Poor, I wouldn't recommend Klaviyo over others that I have used (Active Campaign, Omnisend, Drip).

Pros

The Klaviyo application is very powerful, no doubt.

Cons

The UI for the automation flow filters are not intuitive and not well designed. Basic requirements for flows are unnecessarily difficult to implement. When you contact Klaviyo support, staff gives information that contradicts their published documentation and often don't actually give the correct advice at all, resulting going around in circles trying to get issues resolved. Klaviyo list management is also poor, and like some other platforms (seems to be a trend), Klaviyo gears the system towards pushing you to pay for more customer profiles than you actually need and then when you try to clean or remove profiles you have to go through manual processes, whereas Klaviyo could easily provide options to automate this, or at least NOT require manual CVS export/imports. I mean really Klaviyo it's 2022 people. The Klaviyo visual builder is buggy, even in their "NEW" builder there were bugs with things as basic as applying link colour styles at a global level. Generally also poor UI for the visual builder. Overall, it's almost like the Klaviyo designers tried to make the UI as clunky as possible, probably went to the same design school as the Mailchimp designers (which is equally terrible).

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Company decision. Minor frustrations/technical issues with Drip. In hindsight it was a poor choice.

Douglas

August 2022

The best email management system

I have no complaints with Klaviyo. It's a great system I use everyday.

Pros

Klaviyo is the best Ecommerce email platform. It's the place for your lifetime value and segmentation strategy. And the customer service is second to none. It has so many features, and can do anything you need.

Cons

It's expensive, so if you're looking for something cheap, look elsewhere. Since it's also tiered, you should have a minimum number of subscribers and revenue per month to make it worth it.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I've used many email marketing softwares, and Klaviyo is by far the best. It has integrations other email softwares don't and great customer service.

William

November 2022

Klaviyo is the best marketing platform!

Awesome! Helped me grow my business.

Pros

Klaviyo is a great base to automate customer contact over email, SMS, in-app notifications, and on the internet.

Cons

Klaviyo's only downfall is when it came to email deliverability. Emails would bounce when sent from Klaviyo which caused some issues. This is not a major issue though.

Reasons for choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo is great (AND FREE) when using Shopify. Can't beat that.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Mailchimp was too expensive and Klaviyo seemed a better value.

Katya

November 2022

Intuitive UI and attractive templates but missing key integrations

Overall, Klaviyo has beautiful templates and is easy automate with customizable flows. Data analytics were also helpful and provided useful insight.

Pros

I did like the templates and user interface. Compared to ActiveCampaign, it was easier to navigate and learn. Automations were intuitive to set up and the actual drag and drop email editor was simple and elegant.

Cons

Integrations and deliverability were where Klaviyo fell short. For example, we needed to integrate google sheets, which is where we store many of our customer emails (fed in through Facebook forms). We had to download a separate integration tool and were still unable to integrate the emails without the automatic double confirmation email (even though we turned it off).

Ade

September 2022

Awesome experience so far

We use Klaviyo basically for Email/ SMS automations, and it has been doing the job perfectly well so far

Pros

It is one of the best Email/ SMS marketing I have used in my career; it is very easy to set up, the user interface is friendly, and everything works well. We started using this program on the free plan so as to know if it was worth it or not, but fortunately everything went well and we upgraded to the paid plan after a couple of months. The knowledgebase articles were very helpful in resolving issues that came up while using it for the first time.

Cons

The only complain I have was concerning the customer service that was not responding when we had an issue to be resolved but thanks to the articles in the Help center section, we were able to resolve it on our own.

Recommendation from people

Eleni

Diverse, flexible and great ROI

Overall, using Klaviyo is a breeze if you've used other email campaign platforms. I like the fact that it's versatile, has a clear UI and doesn't use difficult jargon. You get a lot of support from their education and account management team and if you need more info on anything, you can guarantee they have it. If you want to be specific with targeting audiences then this is a must.

Pros

Being able to edit templates for both mobile and desktop to make really beautiful and accessible emails that people want to read and click through. It's very simple and the templates are dynamic at the same time.

Cons

Uploading lists and amending big tranches of data is very different on Klaviyo versus other email platforms, but once you know how to do it, it's very easy.

Catrina

October 2022

Great tool for e-commerce and personalization

The Klaviyo platform is continuously improving and the only platform I've seen with SMS and email integrated automation.

Pros

Klaviyo is really easy to use, and the customization options are great. Creating custom emails based on user preferences and buying history has been invaluable.

Cons

Setup wasn't quite click and go, but their team helped us get through it without many issues.

Roger

September 2022

El mejor manejador de emails para marketing

En general el software esta bastante bien, bastante intuitivo y facil de usar para alguien que va empezando a enviar su campaña a traves de emails.

Pros

Lo facil que es poder programar los envios de los correos, poder obtener reportes, subir toda la data de los clientes en diferentes segmentos, construccion de emails faciles.

Cons

No existe alguna integraccion para Whatsapp, esto es importante ya que mucha gente prefiere ser contactada por WhatsApp que por correo.

Eszter

Best e-mail marketing solution for Shopify

I have tried many email marketing providers (MailChimp, Sendlane etc) and found that Klaviyo offers the highest customer service, hands-on implementation, very detailed training and on-boarding. They also offer many pre-build email templates and flows that are customizable

Pros

Klaviyo's customer service and implementation team is outstanding! Nate walked us through the platform and shows us the dashboard, which was very helpful. After we signed up, we had 6 (1-hour) onboarding calls with an implementation specialist to make sure we set up everything correctly. They offer MANY pre-built email campaign templates and flows, so creating a full email strategy is very easy! Reporting and the dashboard is very user friendly. Connecting with Shopify only takes a minute.

Cons

We hope that the SMS marketing feature will integrate with Gorgias soon - Klaviyo confirmed that it is coming!

Reasons for choosing Klaviyo

Mailchimp did not have an easy to reach customer service team and they did not offer a dedicated customer success manager like Klaviyo does.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

MailChimp did not provide training and tech support.

Luke

Industry: Graphic Design

Klaviyo Review - Best platform for online marketing

My overall experience with Klaviyo has been extremely positive as it has allowed me to build better relationships with my target audience. I have faced very few issues with the platform and it is very easy to use, meaning that I was able to send campaigns quickly after I first started using it. I would highly recommend Klaviyo to anyone who wants to get started with online marketing and those with online stores on Shopify as you integrate the two, to boost customer loyalty and increase repeat business.

Pros

The best features of this platform include the ability to design and save your own personalised email templates that you can send to your customers in an email campaign, I have access to email templates provided by Klaviyo and the option of designing my own from scratch. This has been very useful as it allows for each email to appear professional in its aesthetics and layout. Furthermore, you can create a list of all your contacts and then create segments to send campaigns to a group of those contacts who meet specific criteria. This means I have been able to send emails to those who only certain campaigns apply to, without having to send it to all of my consumers, which stops people from unsubscribing from my mailing list and prevents emails from entering spam folders. The 'Smart send' option also stops emails from being sent to those who have received them in the last 24 hours, to also stop spam emails from being received by my customers. Perhaps the most useful feature provided is the 'Analytics' feature, which lets you view how each campaign is performing, as it provides accurate information on how many emails have been received and who has opened them. This allows me to measure the success of each campaign and helps me to improve the reach of my future campaigns.

Cons

I would like Klaviyo to let more information to be stored on each contact such as the company they work for, a 'notes' feature would be very useful which could allow you to enter extra details about the customer, as this is currently not an option. Also I would like the option of being able to search for an individual and then add them to another (new) list/segment, so that when I need to email a small number of specific clients, I can do this without having to email them individually. As well as this a more powerful search engine on the website when searching for specific customers would be incredibly helpful. These are the main limitations that the platform currently has in my opinion and if these were amended, it would be even easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I found that Direct Mail consumed too much of my time when it came to online marketing, I also wasn't able to have access to detailed reports and data analytics for email campaigns. Since switching to Klaviyo I have been able to do this and I now take much less time to complete email campaigns, I can now use this extra time for other areas of my business which is very useful.

Dennis

A glowing beacon in a saturated market

Fantastic from beginning to end. I would suggest Klaviyo to anyone.

Pros

There are hundreds of email marketing managers, and they all pale in comparison to Klaviyo. Instead of trying to be a jack of all trades, Klaviyo focused on making the best e-commerce marketing platform, PERIOD. The integration with Shopify is an utter game changer, and makes it possible to actually feel in control of your marketing.

Cons

When it comes to Klaviyo, there is a bit of a learning curve. They do make sure there are plenty of resources, so if you want to learn you will.

Reasons for choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo is more focused on e-commerce which is my primary focus.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

For the focused look into e-commerce and the commitment to make the best e-commerce marketing resource.

Manny

Good ESP That Does What You Need

Besides cost, the biggest team our team wanted to get out of the ESP was email automation which you get built in with Klaviyo. We had some assistance with our agency to get on-boarded and build some additional flows but overall, there wasn't to much of a learning curve with building the emails. Their tables do not render nicely in Outlook though, which didn't have that issue before which is a bummer.

Pros

With our previous ESP, we had to pay extra for the automation that you would expect with your email service provider. With looking at bottom line, that is what lead us to research other ESPs, which lead us to Klaviyo. While there is a learning curve with any new program, this one wasn't to bad to get adjusted. I will say I do miss the dedicated account rep we had with previous ESP and the on-boarding specialist okay...our marketing agency helped with the on-boarding as it was heading into Q4 and they helped steer ship in right direction after first two emails had less then stellar open rates.

Cons

The features are there that you need from an ESP perspective. They even recently announced the introduction of SMS marketing within their platform which helps ROI tracking to be even better instead of having to rely on a 3rd party vendor and who takes credit between a SMS message or email message. While our email send total is actually higher than in Listrak, we do not have a dedicated account manager to meet with and discuss the account, what they see, suggestions on where to optimize, etc. It is much cheaper than Listrak and another ESP we looked at so you get what you pay for.

Reasons for choosing Klaviyo

Ultimately we were able to get everything we were looking for at a lower cost with Klaviyo. Had some hiccups along the way and the Outlook rendering issue is a pain in the rear if you aren't coding all your emails, but to stay with Listrak, it would have been a much higher cost.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

If money wasn't an issue between the two platforms, I would have stayed preferred we stayed with Listrak, but there cost was way to high comparatively and not even for as many "goods."

Meghan

My favorite marketing tool

Klaviyo has helped us build our email marketing and is one of my favorite marketing tools/platforms that I use on a daily basis.

Pros

I love pretty much everything about Klaviyo - from the visual/block email builder to the segmentation and automated flows, Klaviyo has helped us level up our email marketing in the past year from zero to thriving. I find it easy to work with on a team and with outside content creators and have gotten so much out of the Klaviyo Live From Your Laptop and Black Friday Bootcamp live webinar series they've run this year.

Cons

My only complaint thus far would be that saved blocks do not update across emails when you make changes (so if you change something in the block you have to go into every email where it is and manually update it to the newest version of the block) - but I have been told this is something that's being worked on. I will also say that we have gotten much more metrics and ROI out of the platform once we switched our ecommerce over to Shopify (we previously used WooCommerce for which there was integration but not as seamless, and from Webflow for which there were no integrations). Everything about the platform just works so much better with Shopify from the product blocks to the automated flow triggers and we've seen a lot more value in the platform with this integration reaching its fullest potential.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

The visual nature of the platform - primarily the visualization of the automated flows and the drag-and-drop block email builder.

Arthur

Best CRM for ecommerce, Worst for Customer Support

With no phone support and 30 - 40 minute wait times for chat support and 24 hour response times for email support and no support on weekends, this makes Klaviyo's customer support the absolute worst I have ever seen. Maybe it's due to their growing pains. Their support staff are a mixed bag in terms of knowledge and being helpful and while that's not the norm for most SASS companies, I think that's pretty common across most CRM companies.

Pros

Fairly easy to learn for such powerful software Integration with Facebook Their native integrations and Not having to use Zapier for a lot of my integrations.

Cons

There is almost nothing to not like about this software but to learn it, you need to learn Klaviyo speak. If I had to pick one thing it would be some of the finicky ways in which the email builder acts when dragging in a new widget or row and trying to position it.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I was a veteran user of Infusionsoft and the software was easy for me to use. I also had the benefit of grandfathered pricing. I switched because Infusionsoft has no real native integrations, everything costs extra. I also switched because it was really buggy. It did everything just ok and nothing really well. I saw Infusionsoft as being better for info marketers than for true ecommerce stores with physical products.