What are PhotoShelter for Brands users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PhotoShelter for Brands software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like the fast upload speeds when uploading our photos. Also, the integration with Lightroom is a huge benefit."
  • icon"The support has been consistent and responsive. The mobile uploader app is also fantastic for our needs."
  • icon"I love the customer service-- our rep is out of sight."
  • icon"Problems with Libris when using older MACOS version. Obligatory update of MACOS."
  • icon"Sometimes when importing images the system looses the thumbnail."
  • icon"Lack of editors/tagger type seats without paying more."

Browse all PhotoShelter for Brands Reviews

• Have you used PhotoShelter for Brands and would like to share your experience with others?

Justin

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Libris Review

Overall we are very satisfied with Libris.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and manage. It was the perfect solution for our photo archive and has proven to be an efficient method of delivering video and photos to end users.

Cons

At times we have difficulties sharing lightboxes with other people, but I think that is more user error.

Joe

Robust DAM with room for growth

We are in year two of our contract and it has taken us some time to get fully on board using the software. so far, Libris has been a big help as we slowly transition all our files off an old in-house server. We have the opportunity now to review each folder and label it appropriately so we can find our assets quicker in the future.

Pros

Libris has an excellent permissions system. Each collect and gallery can be individually set to be accessible in a few different ways, and then each photo can be set to be expired or rejected.

Cons

There are three different user types: Invited, Contributors, and Library Staff. For our plan you get unlimited Invited users, which only have access to the front end portal and what you decide each user can see, which is fine. Contributors can only upload files--which is a a type we don't really use. Now the last type is called Library Staff and these users are the ones who really hold the power to edit, name, tag files, and set permissions. The problem is that you only get a small number of Library accounts and every additional seat needed is an exorbitant yearly cost on top of the plan cost

Reasons for choosing PhotoShelter for Brands

At the time we felt that our needs for advanced permissions was a critical factor and Libris helped solve that for us.

ned

It Gets the Job Done Quickly

I came to Libris from a legacy DAM that became very expensive. Libris works better in many respects such as ability to deliver photos anywhere in the world without running my own web site. My clients like it but some of us luddites don't notice when a password is provided because it's at the bottom.

Pros

Super easy to upload photos from Lightroom, with keywords extracted automatically. I can control who gets which files by password or grouped user rights. I can instantly send emails to recipients with links and passwords. Even though it's cloud based it's pretty quick. Client can choose the size file they want to download.

Cons

Inability to search by "filename starts with". The search function is not intuitive in that there is only one box to search keywords and operators are required to try to refine searches. I'd like to be able to resize the visibility and access box. Users can strip the metadata when downloading.

Reasons for choosing PhotoShelter for Brands

It's cloud based. We needed to squeeze it in under $10K.

Reasons for switching to PhotoShelter for Brands

Portfolio was too expensive when pair with the need for a server.

Haydemar

Industry: Computer Games

PhotoShelter IS YOUR BRAND

The best thing is that you can download your creative projects in real time with workspaces It is useful in work group performance as it speeds up the flow of projects and you can share them in any digiatal media.

Pros

It is a digital workflow platform that gives us as a company the ease of creating digital content in a single tool. With this platfotm you can maintain the quality of your digital content and it gives you guaranteed security your management rights over your content. Trending the functions of high-speed upload, fast tagging & search, effortless sharing, advanced permissions & sso y performance at scale.

Cons

The flexible file storage is a little slow when searching for labels delays to load.

Jason

The best that's out there right now

Setting up our site was relatively painless and we're just populating our library now so that we can launch our organization image repository int he near future.

Pros

Great ability to connect with Adobe products. Lots of tagging and organization options. The front end is attractive and easy to use for users.

Cons

Setting permissions is a bit cryptic, especially if you're using it as a DAM and not as a storefront for a photography business. Only having 2 included library seats is troublesome when using as an enterprise app.

Reasons for choosing PhotoShelter for Brands

Best features and pricing structure

Reasons for switching to PhotoShelter for Brands

Better interface and our campus counterparts are using Libris as well.DAM

Andrea

Industry: Publishing

Libris Review

Pros

I really like how detailed you can be when doing a search for images. Overall it's a nice streamlined system, but I think there is always an opportunity for improvement.

Cons

If you use this system on a daily bases it works well and fairly easy to navigate, but new users seem to struggle. It also feels like there are too many steps sometimes.

Reasons for choosing PhotoShelter for Brands

The pricing and also working with a US company.

Reasons for switching to PhotoShelter for Brands

The file organization and search capabilities were not effective for our needs.

Jeff

Libris only

Libris has given us all the functionality and answers we wanted in a asset management solution

Pros

cloud based, industry standard, support, functional

Cons

multiple downloads from a search result is cumbersome

Reasons for switching to PhotoShelter for Brands

It seemed to cost about as much once you considered all cost. Libris is cloud based and more accessible from all locations

Christiana

Industry: Broadcast Media

Satisfied User

Pros

Ease of use, for us and various contributors. Like the upload via phone tool

Cons

Lack of editors/tagger type seats without paying more.

Reasons for choosing PhotoShelter for Brands

We chose Libris for the functionality, and the ability to have embedded slideshows. Other Asset Management providers did not have this function which is a must for our many departments.

Brooke

I've had no problems with Libris. It's easy to use and I love having all the photos in one spot.

Ease of access and organization to photos.

Pros

The organization is amazing. I'm very OCD about having things altogether and this allows us to keep everything in an orderly manor. I love the sharing function as well. I've had to put together many albums for people and it's nice to share the link with them and they have access to that specific folder instead of all our pictures.

Cons

The only problems I've had were with the users of the software not the software itself. I have no other cons.

Very versitile

Our organization uses Libris for media photos to include with press releases, and as a repository for high quality images to be used on our website and marketing materials.

Pros

The site is very simple and place your photos front and center.

Cons

Without using the API, there seems to be not simple way to export and embed a collection or gallery on a webpage.

Great product, does what it says on the tin

exceptional

Pros

Really easy to use and very comprehensive, everything is where it should be, in a format that I recognise.

Cons

Never used the customer support so may be missing out on features. The download button seems to move sometimes.

Jay

Libris is a very effective tool to manage thousands of digital files and share easily with others.

Incredibly effective and efficient file management that's so easy to share with others. It is the solution that emerged from hours and hours of research into digital asset management systems. I simply cannot function well without it.

Pros

As a cloud solution, this system is easily accessible to all users. The administrative side of things is well thought and well designed and packed full of the right features to effectively manage countless files. It integrates easily and well with Lightroom and the optional Adobe connector makes managing assets during the production process even easier. This software has saved me countless hours of work and has helped me and my operations to be far more efficient. Administrators and editors have to thoroughly learn the nuances of this system, but after a week... it's automatic. Processing files take only a few minutes from start to finish, complete with keywording either while importing the images into Libris or by adding them to images after they're imported. Too, the sharing mechanism works great with easy to design templates to ensure clients always get the right info to access their files. In short, I cannot imagine doing my work well without Libris. Oh, and their support team is FANTASTIC... responsive and thorough.

Cons

I would like to see a little more flexibility with back-end privileges. You can have taggers, contributors and editors, but the hierarchy is not progressive in that contributors can also be taggers. Too, the Lightbox is a great option, but it's not designed to share all images within a Lightbox to a user for batch download. I would like to see a couple enhancements: 1.) better notification options when adding personnel so that email addresses you share to can be automatically incorporated into the notification. For example, if I share to Betty_smith@blahblah.com but she uses the alias Betty.smith@blahblah.com this causes confusion. So, as an editor and administrator, you MUST make sure you share the exact email address with the user when they first access the system. It seems this could be automated. 2.) notification to an editor and/or administrator when new files are uploaded for approval and placement. The are minor issues.

Susan

Libris has made digital asset management so functional and user friendly for my department

It's an easier access storage solution for our library of images. It's a great system for sharing and collaborating. It has given me the ability to hunt down images fast and deliver them to the client easily. I also love that you can organize it in the way that works best for you.

Pros

I love that the Libris platform is so intuitive, clean and user friendly. The multiple ways to search give flexibility to the user and the sharing controls really allow you to be specific with who can access your images. Invited users can create light boxes within the system to allow for collaboration which is such a handy feature. I love that the images show up large on the screen making image selection easier and I also love that users can select their desired size of download. You don't always need the full size, full resolution version! Downloads are always fast and without error. The customer support is fantastic and fast. I also appreciate all the tutorials, blogs and webinars offered as part of your membership. They do a great job of keeping photographers up to date on equipment, trends and general news in the field of photography. As a member, you feel like a part of a community that's cheering you on and there to help you succeed.

Cons

My only complaint about the system is the lightbox feature feels a bit outdated and cumbersome. You can't "select all" for downloading or even to set permissions for downloading. You have to do it one by one, which is very tedious. I hope they update this soon. I've found it's easier to copy selected images into a new gallery instead and share the gallery link as a way to collaborate, but it's just a half workaround because only the admin can create galleries, whereas invited users can only create light boxes.

Emily

August 2016

Photo Archiving/Organizing Must Have!

We use Libris for city government photo organizing/archiving. My department had over 5,000 photos to organize and Libris helped a daunting task become manageable and achievable. Having a place to organize photos properly makes our department function more efficiently and smoothly; we get many requests for photos on a daily basis. Libris makes photos searchable and easily findable with metadata tagging and keywords, which we love. Libris employees were there for us every step of the way during the initial set-up process and are still there for us currently with any questions we have.

Pros

We most like Libris' functionality regarding photo organizing and sharing. Libris equips its users with a variety of ways to quickly upload photos and create a library structure that makes sense to your organization. We love the ability to tag photos in batch and personally add metadata to photos. This way, our photos are searchable, but also browsable through Libris' collections and galleries structure. Sharing photos is easy and super customizable as well. With the option to add passwords to galleries and set expiration dates for links we send to outside shareholders, we have more control over privacy and access to our photos. Through working with Libris, the customer service has been great. Questions are answered in a timely manner and the Libris staff is readily available through email or phone each day. We enjoyed our multiple training sessions and demos. The staff at Libris is willing to help in whatever way possible.

Cons

At times the software can run slow and I accidentally deleted 2,000 photos one time due to a display glitch on the backend site. After deleting the photos, I looked in the trash bin to find them but I could not, since there is no structure of collections or galleries in the trash bin. Instead, the photos were in the trash can in order according to date, which is not helpful when you already have other photos in the trash bin as well. I had no other choice but to re-upload the photos.

Aaron

Industry: Publishing

Libris and the LR plugin have become an important part of our daily workflow, with a few caveats.

Ease of use and user-friendly access for our Art Teams.

Pros

Extreme ease of use, excellent tagging options, relatively responsive website and LR plugin. Reasonably quick upload speeds. I am a staff photographer at a regional publisher with 6+ magazines in production. I use Libris daily to file 3-4 assignments a day, 5 days a week.

Cons

A few minor issues - Libris' plugin occasionally throws a Javascript framework error (I am running the latest version of Adobe LR CC as of 8'14'17) during uploads. Oddly it happens with only one or two files in random sets of photos, and will function perfectly for everything else. The LR plugin also does not quickly or reliably download and display Gallery/Collection links in the LR plugin while being used in the Export dialog in Lightroom. A customizable "home page" or a way to default Admin accounts to redirect automatically to a collection or gallery would be nice when logging into Libris on the web - I would rather login and start at the top of the root folder of our Library vs the default splash page that I get now, as most of the time I login to Libris to fix a tag or confirm I've uploaded files correctly from LR. I access this page several times a day and any time savings here would pay dividends in the long run given how much I access Libris. Overall, it's a great product that could use a little UI and interface streamlining to minimize the number of clicks that power users need to perform an action. Right click functionality (a la dropbox) would also be better/faster than the current "Actions" dropdown tab. If possible, upload setting "profiles" (image quality, image sizing, watermarking, etc) in the Libris LR plugin would also save people like me some time. Thanks!

Debbie

Libris by Photoshelter was just what we were looking for!

Using Libris as our digital asset management system has been a time saver. We are able to upload and share photos in light boxes to clients. We have control over what can be seen and what is archived. Our "best of" photos can be rated with a star. Photos can be tagged so that they are easy to find. This means that the Widener community can go on and easily find the photos that they need.

Pros

We needed to find a way to keep all of our photos safe so we wouldn't lose them in a hard drive crash, flood, or fire, etc. The software does everything that we need it to do— from rating, tagging, storing, and archiving, to sharing light boxes with clients. It is also very affordable.

Cons

At first there was a glitch in the way we wanted to share our photos, but Libris' support services worked with us to overcome that problem.

Reasons for switching to PhotoShelter for Brands

The product we were using wasn't as easy to use and was much more expensive. At the time, the software we were using was not storing the photos in the cloud. It was storing them on an external hard drive in another part of the building, which still wasn't keeping our photos as safe as we would have liked them to be. We could tag and organize them in this software program.

Mike

Great for the most part but could use some improvement

Visual and tagged searching is great for our department, but often times we have to share a second gallery via Google Drive for off campus/non-users when it would be helpful to send temp links to external consumers once. Our designers cull lightboxes for projects and pull images one at a time, which is a hassle. There should be an option to turn on bulk downloading for registered users.

Pros

Tagging and importing is easy. Setting permissions for groups is helpful and the interface is mostly intuitive and useful. Getting our archive in front of eyeballs is easier now.

Cons

Users are unable to bulk download images. We're a unique case use in which we own all of the images we upload to our account, but still users are unable to download more than one image at a time from a lightbox. Gallery sharing doesn't always work. No option to share outside of our user base without setting up an account for them. Resorting to using a third party service to share files. Price per TB of storage isn't in line with other cloud based providers, nor is there an option to use a third party cloud provider with the interface.

Reasons for choosing PhotoShelter for Brands

Features and price at the time.

Reasons for switching to PhotoShelter for Brands

Lack of metadata and tag searching. Clunky interface.

Aaron

Time used: Free Trial

A great product for managing your digital media, but does have some limitations.

First and foremost I have to say the customer service Photoshelter provides for Libris users is absolutely wonderful. Their team gets back to you quickly with answers to your questions and is always pleasant to work with. Libris truly shines in it's ability to easily organize and then later search for the images you need. You have the ability to set up the folder structure in any way that fits your needs (which is not something I say about the last product we were using) and the backend structure is so user friendly, it's a breeze to move collections, galleries, or even individual photos around after upload. All you need to do is grab them and drag and drop them into a different area. On the search side of things, you have great control over the types of parameters you can give the search. Everything from searching for photos based on a specific orientation, to things photographed on certain dates...it's quite nice and the results are fast and (seemingly) very accurate. Uploading is fast, and has a number of potential ways it can be integrated into your workflow, including a lightroom plugin. As much as we like Libris overall, it is not without it's limitations and there are a couple of big ones we hope are eventually addressed. The biggest one for us at the moment is Libris' inability to allow downloads without either a password or a user login. This is a bummer and is currently a bit clunky. We produce content for a wide range of people and we would like to make that content available for download to everyone, but the best you can do right now is put a password on everything and then try and make that password available to the public, which is just clunky and a bit odd. We really hope they implement a password and login free option soon. Secondly, when you search for images there is no way to sort what we have searched for in the results page. Want to search for something and then sort by "date taken" or "date uploaded"? Not possible. The other slightly frustrating thing is there is no way to change the size of the image thumbnails in the galleries or search results. They are a bit small and it can sometimes be hard to see what the photo looks like until you click on it to make it larger. Really there are so many things to like about Libris that I wouldn't say the above should be deal breakers, but they are things I think could really help improve it.

J. Emilio

Night and day difference from previous DAM

Pros

Libris is helping us build and share our Digital images with dozens of clients through out the university. Its easy to share contact sheets, fast download times and very clean and pleasant display of images. Love the ability to customize and use our Logo and color in the main page and use a copy rights watermark. Before Libris, we used to have a DAM that was painfully slow in all aspects. I've recommended Libris to other universities and they are also very pleased with what it offers.

Cons

One of the recurring issues that I constantly hear with some of our clients in the University is that sometimes, whey they search images in the library, they are asked to create a login info, and after that, they are told to contact the administrator. Seems there is a glitch in the system and I've contact their costumer service dept. but they still have not been able to fix it. We like the ability to easily download images using a password, but we don't want our clients to created "another" login in account. Makes no sense to have a "search" button if you can download the images you find in your search.

Todd

September 2016

Our lives are now getting much easier...!

Two years ago we had images scattered all across various hard drives. Then we "MacGyver-ed" an asset collection based on Lightroom, which works wonderfully for one person but is not sharable in an office environment unless you jump through a bunch of hoops to tuck the catalog on the cloud and put all the images on a shared server, blah blah blah. But since we started using Libris about three months ago we've made tremendous progress in setting up our collections and starting to share them with various departments around campus. We're still barely scraping the surface on the possibilities Libris offers, and still have lots of work to do, to be sure. But finally our images are accessible to whomever we want to have access, with just a few clicks. And the customer support is second to none!

Pros

The different ways of getting images into the system is great. Speed is great. Batch editing image information once in the system is great (as long as you remember to click the APPEND button!! Maybe that should be on by default?)

Cons

There are a few glitches that sometimes generate errors during exporting from LR. For example I can't get the "Export with previous..." to work. And some functionality is still being developed, like the ability to make a lightbox downloadable with minimal effort. Everything I've stumbled with so far is minimal: things like the ability to resize columns and image previews in the browser. Not having various layout options except for the standard template. Minor things to enhance the user experience.

Stanley

Corporate Visual Library Solution

Part of Chick-fil-A's mission statement includes “being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us”. Repurposing photos is a great way to keep your budgets under control.

Pros

The software reads the embedded IPTC information in each photo. This means when I upload image that have already been captioned and keyworded there is nothing else to do but give access to the images for the customers of the system to find what they need.

Cons

The customer side interface assumes a working understanding of using an online visual database. I have talked to the Libris team encouraging them to design a system that their parents or grandparents could use. I think the customer interface assumes at least a 5 level of understanding of the industry on a 10 scale. I want the system to be geared more to a 1, because often those who are assigned to look for images have little or no experience doing so.

Angela

Libris spans number sub-departments and varying needs

We are just over a year into using the software, and it has served our needs incredibly well. Libris offers many options for collaboration and the Wrike editing tool has been a huge support to our workflow. I very much appreciate the efforts Wrike makes to listen to their customers and improve their product through constant updates and add-on features. We've been very satisfied with the software, overall.

Pros

The software offers many options for customization and it integrates well will Google. The Wrike editing tool has had the greatest, positive impact on easing our workflow and process. There are many great options available in Libris that we, unfortunately, have not had time to explore.

Cons

There was a lot of internal work needed for deployment; the build-out of the application to our department's needs was not very intuitive; and for some, there has been a significant learning curve. The customer service we've received hasn't been impeccable. The response-time has been great, but the knowledgeability from our company rep (in our experience so far) has not been very good.

Matthew

Libris by PhotoShelter is your number one source for multimedia management

We've use Libris for over five years and the reliability has been fantastic. Zero issues whatsoever. The help support is very good as well. If you're serious about maintaining an additional back up that is functional to sell or manage images, you're in the right place.

Pros

There's so many things to say regarding Libris. File input, being photos, videos, audio, and other assets, is simple and well structured. It is a for a professional photographer stool.

Cons

To be completely honest there are two features on Libris that I'm not a huge fan of. The first feature is audio audio scrubbing is not available and it makes it very difficult to find the clips that you need for your project. The second item is video scrubbing. It also makes it extremely difficult to find that select clip that you need for your project. If they could correct these two issues, the service would be perfect.

Frank

Great - but with a few caveats

the previous DAM system we used depended on people updating their own copy of a master database file. using Libris, everyone has immediate access to images. this has made life a lot easier in our office. when I've had questions or needed help, the service I received was top-notch: friendly, quick, and very effective

Pros

the ability to send photos directly from the database, ease of keywording, very accessible

Cons

occasionally it will get lost when going from an expanded view of an image back to the original search. the icon will spin for a long time, until I restart the app (impatience). it would be great if there were a way to see a larger grid view for selecting photos with a client. because it is web based, when our server is having trouble the database is inaccessible. of course, this isn't a problem with libris, but it is an issue that comes up once in a while on my end.

Mike

Digital Asset Distribution for Manufacturer

We love being able to store our images and video in one place. Libris is generous with the space allowance so we don't worry about having to buy additional storage. We really like the unlimited user feature. It allows all of our sales, customer service, rep agencies and distribution to have access to the images and video we want them to have.

Pros

The software was relatively easy to set up and maintain.

Cons

It would be nice to have some functionality where we could build a collection of images and send that collection link to someone that does not have a Photoshelter login for us.

Reasons for switching to PhotoShelter for Brands

Libris had far greater functionality and we like the user friendly interface much better. The look and feel is better. More storage space and Photoshelter is constantly being improved. Major Tom had no improvements.

PhotoShelter for Brands