All Mailbird Reviews

Masturah

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2021

All my email in one place

I tried this software after having a problem to synchronized my email with the Outlook and have use it since then.

PROS

Best thing managing email with MailBird is, it can combine all of my email boxes in this single place and i can monitor and track all my email in here. I can search and filter the email that i want to find by the email address, or from all of the address easily. MailBird really is the best email manager software.

CONS

Some of the email server is not working well with this software. I tried to adding my Yandex email account, but the software keep showing error and can not complete the process. All other email server work perfectly with this software, but not Yandex Mail.

Stacy

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Inbox zero!

Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

PROS

The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

CONS

The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

Reason for choosing Mailbird

Honestly, the unified inbox was a huge selling point, but the customization options also helped me decide. Mailbird also has several useful integrations available, which allows us to not only stay on top of our emails, but also our social media accounts and more!

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

Outlook has been around a long time, and it's not a bad email program, if you are only using it for one email address, but if you have multiple email addresses, like myself and my team, then it quickly became a hassle.

Elias

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Not a Mailbird Lifetime Deal - Be Aware!

PROS

As a user of Mailbird 2, I was genuinely excited when I purchased the lifetime deal. The promise of a one-time payment for continuous access to their excellent app was a deal I couldn't pass up. Mailbird 2 has been my reliable companion, streamlining my email management with its intuitive interface and robust features. However, my enthusiasm has been dampened by the latest development. The introduction of Mailbird 3, undeniably a more advanced and promising version, has come with an unexpected twist. The lifetime deal that I had happily invested in for Mailbird 2 no longer applies to this new upgrade.

CONS

Having to pay again for Mailbird 3 feels like a betrayal of the trust I put in the "lifetime" deal for Mailbird 2. The term "lifetime" implies a long-term commitment, which I assumed would include subsequent versions of the software. However, it appears this is not the case. While I understand that the development and maintenance of new software require resources and hence, costs, it's disappointing to face another payment request after purchasing what was marketed as a lifetime deal. In conclusion, although I appreciate the improvements in Mailbird 3, the unanticipated additional cost has left me feeling disappointed and disillusioned with the brand. I hope Mailbird addresses this issue and considers its loyal customers who invested in the previous lifetime deal.

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Very happy I made the switch from Hey

I haven't been using it for too long but I like it way more than Outlook and think paying once for a lifetime license to the client is a great model that's not too common nowadays.

PROS

The ability to consolidate all of my email addresses AND calendars in a single email client with both, powerful integrations AND the ability to make it barebones enough so that it can be a tool for focusing is fabulous.

CONS

I honestly cannot think of anything bad to say about it for disciplined people. If you're not disciplined, you might have some problems because you can integrate basically any messaging platform with the client and that could end up causing an unlimited amount of distractions.

Reason for choosing Mailbird

I've used Thunderbird in the past and find that the interface is very outdated.

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

I only used Outlook for my Exchange accounts and Hey for my Hey account but they didn't quite satisfy me. Searching for alternatives online I found that Mailbird was focused on productivity and had several features that the other two didn't so I have it a try and found it much, much better.

Jeremy

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Mailbird Is A Fantastic Software for Managing Multiple Email Accounts

I have more emails than any human being should have. Mailbird has helped me to tame this monster and saved me a TON OF TIME doing it. Thank you Mailbird!

PROS

I love the unified account that allows me to view an inbox for all of my email accounts. The emails are then color coded so I know who it's being sent to. My other favorite feature is being able to click an email and have all emails from the same sender provided immediately in list format. This allows me to quickly empty my emails and overcome inbox overwhelm =)

CONS

There are no cons on this software that I have found personally. If I could request one feature, it would be to match the categorization of emails like you see in Gmail. At least provide the option to have your categories match how Gmail sorts them and/or provide a filtering option to either view or not view those emails in those categories such as newsletters, financial, etc.

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

I just liked the layout better and it paid off huge!

Juanita

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Lifetime Licence, lasted less than 10 months

Shocking, bad, not good, got ripped off big time, help non existent

PROS

Easy to read and set up, able to display emails in the order that is best suited to you.

CONS

Search function totally useless, settings function useless, unable to transfer any of the email data away from mailbird, you have to pay for a third party app to fulfill this when you want to leave. Getting hold of anyone for help on anything impossible, unless you wish to purchase, they are very quick to jump on that one.

Sounded like it was the best, I was 100% wrong

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

Because I thought it was going to be far better for multiple email accounts

Hi Juanita, We're naturally sorry for the disappointment caused - however I can see that we have replied to each and every one of the support requests which you created: - Ticket #496706 (created yesterday). - Ticket #489238 (created Jan. 6th 2024). - Ticket 462518 (created Apr. 11th 2023). - Ticket #462013 (created Apr. 6th 2023, which you rated positively). You stated that our customers must pay for a third-party app - this is incorrect, since we have built a tool to export data for free. More information can be found here: https://support.getmailbird.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013591887-How-to-Use-Mailbird-Export-Tools While we are sorry that we could not implement the search functions that you requested, we did acknowledge your feature request and provided you with prompt replies. We receive countless feature requests for all sorts of improvements and functionalities, and we do our very best to prioritise new features or improvements based on the level of interest they receive.

Replied March 2024

Azizur

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

The email client MailBird is very simple to use.

It's easy to customize MailBird. I have the ability to alter both the client's appearance and how it functions.

PROS

I can handle several email accounts from one location using MailBird, a desktop email client. It works with both Windows and macOS.I can complete tasks quickly because to the clear and simple UI and the abundance of keyboard shortcuts.

CONS

Only Mac OS X and Windows support MailBird. No mobile app exists.Occasionally, MailBird can be sluggish, especially if I have a large number of accounts and messages.

Reason for choosing Mailbird

Users who want an economical, feature-rich, and user-friendly email client might choose MailBird.

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

Outdated functions and an antiquated user interface.

Roman

Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Bailbird for manage multiple accounts

Good app, and good value for money. Still has some features to be improved

PROS

It does a great job of managing multiple accounts. I use it for my work and my private account and it is very helpful to see both of them in one app. Especially it works well in calendar add-on. Another important thing to note is the variety of add-ons like messengers or task-managing apps

CONS

The functionality of filters is a bit low. When switching accounts in add-on apps, it doesn't permit opening two or more accounts simultaneously. Sometimes the calendar app doesn't refresh automatically and customer support didn't help with it

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

The Mailbird's calendar is able to manage multiple account

Reviewed September 2022

Amazing Software for Email Sending

It's very good experience.

PROS

I found this software very interesting and helpful for email marketing and management. I send my daily office mails by mailbird to my all clients.

CONS

There's none of the existing features which i dislike.

Reason for choosing Mailbird

Because it has more features. It works properly for my daily routine work.

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

Because I'm looking for new features. And this software has lack of new and extra ordinary features.

Wendy

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2018

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my email

This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

PROS

The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

CONS

There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Bells and whistles. Pay them for an app then help them with R&D for free. Waste of time and money

horrible, frustrating, waste of time, waste of money. Big on promises, poor on delivery.

PROS

nothing at all. Oh, hang on, there was one thing... uninstalling.

CONS

unstable, support enquiry leads to end user fault - not cool.

Reason for choosing Mailbird

basically got sucked into clever marketing

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

Free, stable, painless, reliable... basically everything that Mailbird is not

Hi John, We're naturally very sorry indeed that you have had a bad experience. It pains us to learn of any scenario where a customer feels let down. I am unable to find your support tickets by using the information provided in this review, but if you would like a second pair of eyes to take a look at your case, please don't hesitate to email the Mailbird Customer Happiness Manager at the following email address: oliver.jackson@getmailbird.com He will be more than happy to look at everything once again if you're still interested in giving Mailbird another go. Thanks for trying us out all the same. The Mailbird Team

Replied November 2022

Gerald

Industrial Automation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Ongoing problem connecting to our ISP's imap server when trying to send emails. DOVECOT issue.....

Bad, we own 6 or more seats of the business version and this is happening on all the seats. We are experts at removing email account from Mailbird and re installing them to the point that I have memorized at least 4 of our emails passwords which are 12+ characters in length with many strange characters.

PROS

Easy to use and when it works it is great sad thing is that there is a problem sending emails and we are told it is our ISP who uses DOVECOT. This does not make sense as we then subscribed to smtp2go which is a totally different systema and we have the same ongoing issue. We have sent 20 or more .log files as this is what support require and each and every response has stated that we must change the connections to 1 and set the download to manual not auomatic. I have 10+ copies of the exact same canned response which ofcourse does nothing to resolve the problem. Compose email, click send and a day later it is still sitting in the drafts folder. GRRRR

CONS

The fact that there appears to be an inherent problem with the SMTP portion of this program, been like this since day one and the company is doing absolutely nothing to resolve this problem. The only way to get these stuck emails to send is to press Ctrl+Shift, click on hamburger menu, then click on debug, the program restarts and then when it reloads the email sends, of course the .log file most probably shows nothing is awry because now the email is sending..

Features and Cost

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

Wanted something more modern did not want an unreliable platform.....

Natesh

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Natesh Feedback on mailbird

Simply wonderful

PROS

Integration with other applications like WhatsApp, google docs and google sheets

CONS

You can have tables to compose emails and also you cannot select multiple emails to forward to people and export all emails to archive. They should have pst export or archive feature.

I have purchased both

Outlook is useless

brad

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

Support VERY BAD

I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer. I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention. I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!) I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful. Regards, Brad

PROS

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

CONS

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

support was too slow and not correct..can wait days for a reply

Ridwan

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Most beautiful email client with popular software integration

Overall I am a Fan of Mailbird. It delivers what it is supposed to deliver beautifully. I would recommend anyone to get Mailbird. You will love it when you will be able to handle multiple tools from a single place.

PROS

Mailbird is my favorite mail client from the time they were just starting up. They show all your emails from a nice and clean layout. I also like their skins so much. Mailbird gave me no trouble when I connected it with my office mail whereas Outlook 16 needed a lot of troubleshooting with the app password. Moreover, I could access my Whatsapp, Google Drive, Trello board all from the same place.

CONS

Sometimes I miss a note-taking feature in Mailbird. Another thing I miss is a web panel to check my emails. I need to check mail from my office but as I have a single license and don't want to install Mailbird on my office computer (It has my sensitive login info) A web panel could have helped.

Reasons for switching to Mailbird

Outlook is clumsy and cluttered. Mailbird is simple and beautiful with integration with other popular apps

Kimary

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Dissatisfied. Took a few weeks to experience many program deficiencies & they refused to refund me

Very disappointing. Did much work to set up folders and bring over saved e-mails and get all my contacts transferred just to find Mailbird lacking basic features that have been around for over a decade in other FREE emails.

PROS

Now that I've switched I've found more deficiencies in their design than good. I guess the best so far was customer service helped my husband figure out how to import my 900 contacts from my former Live Mail. And their service reps are pleasant and easy to understand but they can't help you much because the program is so limited. But they are very pleasant when they tell you "Mailbird can't do that" to most the service requests I've made.

CONS

If you do a search of your e-mails you cannot erase in search mode. Meaning once the temporary need to retain emails on a certain topic expires you can search and SEE the dozens of emails you are now ready to erase but you can't erase them. One must write down all the dates or just manually scroll through to erase ONE AT A TIME. Major program flaw. Also you can't decrease the amount of space between returns, & there is no condensed font so if you compose things people will need to print out it will annoyingly take extra paper and ink to print. The bottom line is that my former FREE email was capable of so many basic things mail bird is not capable of and took more than a little over 14 days to experience each limitation as I had need to use the feature. So now I have to waste the money I paid for Mailbird and go to a more progressed e-mail design and I'm not even done moving everything to Mailbird yet.

Ninos

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

After trying different email clients, MailBird is our choice

Overall i'm happy with MailBird.. It's easy to manage multiple email accounts (Google, Hotmail, and SMTP..) It has all the right features, and it's clean UI.. Coming from Outlook.. it's a fresh experience.

PROS

I like that it's light-weight, compared to Outlook which I've been using for years. Mailbird makes connecting accounts easy, has integrations with different apps, (whatsapp, messenger, Slack..) and recently native Grammarly integration. When conducting a search, the search view remains saved as a "folder tab" to easily access it . Unlike Outlook, once you navigate away, the search result disappears. Deleting an open conversation will delete the email from the inbox.. Outlook doesn't do that. I find this useful when quickly going through several emails.

CONS

* I wish they would develop a mobile app version of MailBird! * Not able to customise the display font-size.. (not Email typography)

Reason for choosing Mailbird

It was on sale at the time, and the pricing was right.. so i gave it a try and liked it.

Deb