All MailerLite Reviews

1-25 of 2,035 Reviews

Erin

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

MailerLite Review: Doesn't Work For Everyone!

Maurice

Reviewed January 2023

With MailerLite, your email marketing will

The overall experience with MailerLite is very, very smooth. Especially after using a variety of other mailing platforms, who sometimes have a difficult setup process.

PROS

The ease of use and quick implementation of all needed features. Starting with MailerLite is very easy. Import your subscriber list, create an email and send it out, in just a few clicks.Also, creating landing pages and sign-up forms is a few clicks away.

CONS

If there is one feature I would like to see in the free plan would be Auto Resend, where emails will be resent after they are not delivered.Still, this being more of a premium feature anyways, there are no other cons that I have found.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

I found that MailerLite is a bit cheaper than Convertkit, and the free version offers more features than the free Convertkit version.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I wanted to have a platform that would offer my specific needs. Mailchimp had some of them, but they are also not very intuitive to set up.Designing an email and setting up your subscriber lists is a lot easier in MailerLite than in other platforms I have used (Mailchimp and Aweber)

Tydie

E-Learning, 1 employee

Easy to Use - Switched from MailChimp

PROS

Love how easy it is to set up email campaigns, track engaged users, and create landing pages. I was really able to customize everything to my business branding.

CONS

Very few cons. One is the pricing. I think it is very akin to other email management providers, just wish it was cheaper. I wish you could track the origin of clicks to a landing page - that would be fabulous. Instead, I used Milkshake for that.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I switched because MailChimp was a bit finicky when it came to creating email sequences, which I found was not an issue with Mailerlite, it was much easier to create email sequences to grow my list.

Sílvia Isabel

Simple, practical and intuitive

Simple, easy, with fantastic technical support. Very positive experience.

PROS

It's super intuitive, perfect for anyone starting a business. It allows you to enjoy several features even in its free version.

CONS

The reports could be more complete, especially for subscriber management. And automation, in advanced plans, should be more complex, allowing for more flows.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

The cost-benefit ratio. More features at a lower cost.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

The free version was more limited and the paid version was too expensive for the features it provided.

Darien

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

The new version is not worth it

PROS

The old version was okay, it got the job done with a good price in comparison to a bloated MailChimp. Just simple email marketing and automation. I was excited for the new version to be released as it looked to be a step in the right direction for the user interface (as the old version was, very dated). However, after they released the new pricing structure, almost double just for a fresh coat of paint and a promise for 'new features' with none actually available on the launch, it seemed rushed with a lack of thought for their community. They asked before the release for feedback from the community who mainly focused on not heading in a MailChimp direction, price increases, continued live support, paywalls for simple features. Unfortunetly they didn't listen, the price increased, live support vanished unless you pay 3x more for a plan with only one new feature 'Facebook Audiences' which I can't comment on as I'm not forking out the money to test for it possibly not to work. The biggest downfall of all which really cemented that fact that they aren't listening or care for their original community base was zero migration tools being available at the launch of the new version. Your main customer, who are already supporting you and the most excited to test out your new platform, and they completly left them in the dark until an unspecified date stating the tools were going to be available within weeks, when they were later silently put up after month.

CONS

Cont. Which only moved subscribers and groups, something that could easily be done with a CSV file. They didn’t move your automations, pop-ups, embeds or previous campaigns and reports. Even though they had MailChimp migrations ready from the get-go! Which didn’t work mind you, the free trial only allows for 1,000 subscribers to be added (a new ‘feature’ compared the old version, which allowed more in the trial phase). So when migrating from Mail Chimp to the new MailerLite you were just hit with a stuck loading bar not knowing what is happening at all. As someone in development, the new platform was rushed to release. When creating a new account, you can no longer tether multiple accounts to one email unless you pay, which creates a massive barrier when creating accounts for clients, you have to do the whole ‘forward me the confirmation emails etc’ which just comes across as unprofessional. To dodge this you need to pay, which also means you have to ask them for payment details before you even have the account ready. The migration tools were a pinnacle in the whole new/old version fiasco because it really showed they didn’t care about the old customers. They even remove your affiliate link when migrating to the new version. When using their migration tools for the first time, after disappointment they didn’t really migrate more than a CSV file on information I started to create my automations from scratch, for the simple duplicating feature to fail getting prompted ‘A copy i

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Go back to Mail Chimp, or stick with your platform.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

With the old MailerLite it was quite easy, with the new version you're stuck with progress bars that stop loading because it doesn't state that you cannot go over 1,000 subscribers in the trial - meaning you cannot trial the platform at all.

Reviewed March 2024

Well priced email automation for beginner email marketing

I'm happy with MailerLite experience. I had good support and they reply fast. I had some misunderstandings with them, but the communication about it was done with care.

PROS

At the moment of signing up the offer was better than competition, pricing is good too. There are all the basic to medium features someone would need to set up automated email campaigns with low cost entrance, that includes hosting and editor for landing pages.

CONS

Pricing has increased during my time of using it, and new competition appeared with better cost to features ratio, where you don't really pay monthly, but it depends on number of emails sent. So it depends on what type of pricing you need and how many emails you send.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

MailerLite has good pricing, but at this moment I'm not sure if I would build campaigns with them, there are alternatives at similar pricing point and some are cheaper.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

ConvertKit was too expensive, the differences in features were minor at that time.

Ryan

Publishing, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Great value for the cost

I manage a lot of client accounts over a variety of email marketing providers, and MailerLite is by far my favorite. It has the features I need at a reasonable price. Whenever I have issues or need help, customer service is only a few minutes away via live chat.

PROS

It's loaded with features, but it's easy to use. Other providers may be jam packed with similar features but the user interface is not intuitive.

CONS

I have two-factor authentication on my account, but a good amount of time the code I receive in the email doesn't work and I have to resend a second code before I can log in.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Way too expensive, way too complicated, and/or a terrible user interface.

Amandine

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Best email tool to start!

I’m very happy with Mailerlite and would definitely recommend it to anyone who starts a business and wishes to grow their mailing list. It’s super easy and quick to set up, you can do many things like any other software but this one is free up to 1000 subscribers, which is awesome!

PROS

Mailerlite is very easy to set up and doesn’t cost anything up to 1,000 subscribers. It’s a great option when you start your business and you want to use email marketing but you don’t want to spend money on it.

CONS

Personalization can be a bit of a struggle.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

I chose Mailerlite because of the price (free).

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp is ugly and Omnisend is nice but too pricey compared to Mailerlite.

Debra

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2024

Mailerlite is perfect for my small business

Easy to use, reliable and very cost-effective for my small business of one person.

PROS

Allows a large number of subscribers in the free category.

CONS

None that are an issue to my business at this point.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Brevo would only allow so many emails per day which didn't work for me. Mailchimp restricted the number of subscribers. With Mailerlite I can send all my emails in one day to the number of subscribers I have.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp limited my number of subscribers and was too expensive for me to continue with it.

zuberi

Reviewed April 2024

Great for sending emails to my list

Overall experience has been great and I would recommend to other businesses partners.

PROS

I like the ease of use it's easy to use for a beginner the email templates are great too. Emails are always sent on time.

CONS

Only thing I dislike is the price but I guess you get what you pay for so no cons.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I didn't like awebers customer support and I wanted an alternative.

charree

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

The BEST provider for new start up companies wanting to grow!

Overall it brings value to our business and family life. Thank you.

PROS

They offer inclusive free plans, which have tons of options, and mailer lite is HELPING US GROW! As a busy family the option to complete my campaigns and send them at a later time allows me to conveniently work on growing our business without compromising time away from my little ones. Plus, they have kind customer service. Thank you MailerLite for giving small businesses like us a chance!

CONS

I would like more features, but that will come as we grow and can pay for a paid plan.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Because of their free plan options and support - Hands down because of that MailerLite has a life long customer with our business, and we have and will continue to promote / refer others.

Chasity

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Easy once you get it

Overall, I recommend MailerLite, I've not had any issues and it doesn't take forever to set up. It has all the things you need in an email marketing platform.

PROS

I like that Mailerlite is not expensive. I also like that it allows you to customize fonts in the email. It's easy to build a campaign. It's easy to import contacts and manage. My landing page was easy to build if you want it simple or if you are a template and go type of person.

CONS

It's not as customizable as I'd like it to be. You can't change text on the actual email, you have to edit in the box to the side. It's confusing until you get used to it.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp was changing and charging more and more when it was to not be slow on the curve.

Jaime

Sports, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Mailer Lite Review 5/14/24

It has been a very positive experience and increased my visibility with college coaches.

PROS

What I like most about MailerList is the ease of use and Campaign results. I can see exactly how many times a user is opening my campaign.

CONS

Coaches not opening the campaign due to a potential spam blocker or going to junk

Andy

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Better value than similar offerings like Mailchimp

I like the idea behind the software, keep it simple and offer good value for money plans

PROS

The Ui is great very clean and minimal, its much better value than things like Aweber and Mailchimp.

CONS

I would have liked more control over the layout of the landing pages.

Hi Andy, what a kind review to leave us! We are happy to read this. We're also very curious to know what other control you would like to have over the layout of the landing pages. We're always keen to improve and ease the use for our users. Feel free to let us know1

Replied May 2024

Maggie

Higher Education, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

Easy to use Email Campaign Builder

MailerLite is easy to use and their team has been very responsive. For example. when we had to upgrade our license as we had hit our subscriber count, last minute, on a Friday, I was stressing! They got our license updated quickly so I could get my time sensitive email out on time.

PROS

This software was easy to implement and use! We have a period of high traffic where we have to reach out to multiple segments with customized information. MailerLite takes the stress out of it. It is easy to manage our subscriber list and I appreciate the intuitive advanced recipient settings that allow me to build in logic based on subscriber segments for sending email campaigns. The simple and easy to use stats let me see what is working. We compare this to a response/action in another system, as our emails are targeting groups with a call to action. I also like how easy it is to copy existing campaigns and easily modify them for different segments. I can build up all my campaigns and have them scheduled to help manage our 'traffic' in our office and systems. I also found that we can set up templates once we have customized the content to help maintain brand consistency, which saves us time and ensures the necessary details are included. I like that I can easily preview and test campaigns - mostly that I can view the desktop and mobile in the browser.

CONS

I've used other software that let us to custom html email design. The built in content builder can be a bit challenging if you really want to customize for a specific look. That being said, the content builder is made to let anyone easily and quickly create emails.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

MailerLite's free version restricted unique users, not the number of emails sent. We often need to email large segments on the same day. The free version made the most sense at the time. We continued with MailerLite because their licensing was affordable and we could pay monthly, and weren't committed to a year long contract.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

We had used a free version of a MailChimp with issues and received poor customer services. Literally, they never replied to us after multiple attempts. We had used this product for a few years on the free version, so were invested, but ultimately couldn't use it due to poor customer service, especially knowing our future growth would require purchasing/subscribing to the premium version.

Reviewed August 2021

Clean and Easy to Use UI, FREE tier options and features the **BEST** in the industry.

Excellent....no complaints whatsoever. Customer service was prompt and helpful

PROS

How easy it is to use. I logged in and setup a campaign with a subscription form on the landing page I had built in less than 10 minutes. Was able to verify my sending email domain quickly, and test everything with no deliverability options. None of the emails wen to spam, like other platforms I've tested, from my same domain I was using, emails went to spam, or took ages to arrive in the inbox in my test runds.

CONS

No library of images, for example other platforms are connected to pixabay or unsplash, but this is a small price to pay, as their basic pro plan starts at a low fee of $10 per month (or $84 per year) - for 5 landing pages and one website, THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE price.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Custom service from Wishpond is slow, but the number one issue, their system to setup a campaign is so *complicated**, they havent updated the platforms ui or templates for landing pages and forms in a over two years. The company is stagnant when it comes to doing any improvements. All other platforms in this space, continually are improving their website, landing pages, Ui, customer support, features. Wishpond is just dead it seems. What is disappointing, IT HAS GREAT POTENTIAL to be a market leader, because of all the features it has...but users can work on potential.

You review titles is making us blush, Michael! What a treat to read this. Thank you so much on behalf of our team to write this. Glad you became part of our community. Edit: Just realized I didn't add this little part in - we do have Unsplash integrated, so a little odd that you cannot see this from your end. Here's a link that might help: https://www.mailerlite.com/video-tutorials/file-manager-store-and-organize-your-images If this doesn't work, please get in touch with our support team as they will help you out with this.

Replied August 2021

Mojca

Reviewed February 2022

I use it for myself, for my clients and I teach others how to use it. I really like this tool for campagnes, landing pages, and forms. At this moment I have no need to search for any other tool because I am fully satisfied with Mailerlite.

PROS

I love how easy is MailerLite to use. You can find everything on Youtube and their academy. The most I like are the analytics and click map. If I consider the results I can improve my work every time.

CONS

Sometimes it takes too long to save the work. It is a bit slow. I can not think of any other minuses about Mailerlite.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Price, simplicity, help desk, videos on You tube

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

To complicated, to many functions that are necessary in that kind of tool (Facebook adds - for example)

Kisilda

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

This is a review from an unheard MailerLite Classic User

Honestly I was happy until MailerLite released a new version out of nowhere. Old user and partners were never heard. I am sorry but now I don’t have anything good to say as the new release was done just to have a shiny product with no new functions for the free users for the basic plan. It turned out that MailerLite double the price for something that clients have paid for years to have.

PROS

I liked the classic MailerLite even if it is not where it should be. MailerLite classic is easy to navigate and use.

CONS

I don’t find anything new on New Version of MailerLite. It is confusing and expensive.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Because of the price and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Classic Mailer lite had a reasonable price and it was easy to use.

Hi Kisilda, thank you for your review and your feedback. We really value understanding our users. Should you wish, feel free to email me back with your concerns about the new MailerLite.

Replied April 2022