What are MailerLite users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MailerLite software through verified user reviews

4.7

1,000 Reviews

• icon"The design options and templates are very good. Very good analytics and very easy to import mailing lists."
  • icon"Also, the customer service is quick, responsive, kind, and great to work with."
  • icon"Unlimited emails are great for an ecom business like ours, and the automation is essential for us (it's the main reason we switched from HubSpot, which cost literally 10x more to include automation)."
  • icon"There was a recent crash of the entire site which was very frustrating because there was no way to access my account."
  • icon"The open rate on the newsletter is lower than it should be, a problem due to Mailerlite's servers getting blacklisted from time to time. It's rather frustrating when that happens."

Browse all MailerLite Reviews

• Have you used MailerLite and would like to share your experience with others?

Ani

Happy Customer

Heather Jo

No ESP is perfect, but MailerLite comes the closest

Overall, (even when I was accidentally crashing my own automations and blaming it on the support staff!) they have been absolutely stellar. I have shopped around plenty, used several other services, and am, for sure, sticking with MailerLite for the long haul.

Pros

The interface is so easy and intuitive, and I always know how to do what I want to do in MailerLite. As a tech-challenged solopreneur and content creator, I want to spend as little time as possible on the learning curve, so I can focus on what my people want: the content. Custom branding is spot-on, and segmentation works perfectly.

Cons

Deliverability isn't what it could be, but we're ALL working on that one! And this is probably more the fault of user habits and annoying AI filters.

Pricing.

1. the UI is a like a freakin rocket ship, and 2. the pricing is ridiculous

Response from MailerLite

Flores, thank you for the stellar review ;) We're enthusiastic and glad to hear that we're making easier the journey of our customers. I wish you all the best for your solopreneur adventure! Irene

Replied July 2020

Kevin

Great mailing system

A great overall package that's made a real difference to our scope and reach. Particularly helpful are the automation and modal options for signups. Great reporting too!

Pros

This is an easy-to-use, easy to setup, and easy to maintain system, that doesn't cost the earth for smaller businesses. Great set of features with easy mail construction tools, and some great visual features for better email appearances. Also has easy database management and personalisation tools.

Cons

Not much. Pruning and managing subs database is always painful, but not particularly more so in MaileLite. The builder is goog, but could do with some more specialist modules relevant to book publishers, perhaps.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Mostly price-vs-customer database size, but available features was abig part of our decision, with MailerLite offering more features for construction, and ease of use for our less-tech savvy staff.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

YMLP was a bit outdated, and didn't offer the features and visual quality of MailerLite.

Darien

May 2022

The new version is not worth it

Pros

The old version was okay, it got the job done with a good price in comparison to a bloated MailChimp. Just simple email marketing and automation. I was excited for the new version to be released as it looked to be a step in the right direction for the user interface (as the old version was, very dated). However, after they released the new pricing structure, almost double just for a fresh coat of paint and a promise for 'new features' with none actually available on the launch, it seemed rushed with a lack of thought for their community. They asked before the release for feedback from the community who mainly focused on not heading in a MailChimp direction, price increases, continued live support, paywalls for simple features. Unfortunetly they didn't listen, the price increased, live support vanished unless you pay 3x more for a plan with only one new feature 'Facebook Audiences' which I can't comment on as I'm not forking out the money to test for it possibly not to work. The biggest downfall of all which really cemented that fact that they aren't listening or care for their original community base was zero migration tools being available at the launch of the new version. Your main customer, who are already supporting you and the most excited to test out your new platform, and they completly left them in the dark until an unspecified date stating the tools were going to be available within weeks, when they were later silently put up after month.

Cons

Cont. Which only moved subscribers and groups, something that could easily be done with a CSV file. They didn’t move your automations, pop-ups, embeds or previous campaigns and reports. Even though they had MailChimp migrations ready from the get-go! Which didn’t work mind you, the free trial only allows for 1,000 subscribers to be added (a new ‘feature’ compared the old version, which allowed more in the trial phase). So when migrating from Mail Chimp to the new MailerLite you were just hit with a stuck loading bar not knowing what is happening at all. As someone in development, the new platform was rushed to release. When creating a new account, you can no longer tether multiple accounts to one email unless you pay, which creates a massive barrier when creating accounts for clients, you have to do the whole ‘forward me the confirmation emails etc’ which just comes across as unprofessional. To dodge this you need to pay, which also means you have to ask them for payment details before you even have the account ready. The migration tools were a pinnacle in the whole new/old version fiasco because it really showed they didn’t care about the old customers. They even remove your affiliate link when migrating to the new version. When using their migration tools for the first time, after disappointment they didn’t really migrate more than a CSV file on information I started to create my automations from scratch, for the simple duplicating feature to fail getting prompted ‘A copy i

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Go back to Mail Chimp, or stick with your platform.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

With the old MailerLite it was quite easy, with the new version you're stuck with progress bars that stop loading because it doesn't state that you cannot go over 1,000 subscribers in the trial - meaning you cannot trial the platform at all.

Robert

Excellent Eblast Platform

We store our member database there. We send concert promotions. We construct newsletters and more.

Pros

Mailerlite is very easy to use. Each section of an email seems to have a ready made drag and drop component. The components can be moved around or deleted with ease. It also integrated seamlessly with our ticketing software and the email signup web setup is straightforward. The support is the best I have ever experienced. I have literally never had to wait more than a minute for someone to jump in and help with any question or setup.

Cons

There are really no cons. There are a couple possible features that I thought MIGHT be useful. 1) Sub group possibilities and 2) Some ability to enter html in the very top header (where it says view in a browser). These are rather minor. They are looking into what might work.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Integration and price. It also had all features I wanted and worked beautifully and easily.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

They were also fine but did not integrate into our web or were pricier.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Robert, we're so happy to hear from you and that everything is running smoothly. We would love to get a testimonial from you! If you would be willing, could you please let me know? We can talk about it further via email.

Tracey

May 2022

Easy to use and good functionality

Overall MailerLite is my favourite email marketing software. It's easy to use, has many functions and is intuitive to use so you don't have to fumble around trying to find out to do things! Knowledge base is good and if you need help tech support is there. The Free version has everything you need if you're just starting out and all our accounts started on the free version for a few weeks until we reached the maximum number of contacts.

Pros

The drag and drop interface is easy to use and there's also an HTML option if you want to get really specific with your layout. Automation is so simple compared to other mailing platforms I've used. This is key to our marketing strategy and makes life a lot easier than before! The price is good too. If you have more than one account ( we have 6 ) it's easy to switch between them without having to logout and log back in.

Cons

A minor point but when you set up a campaign and use a template you can't go back and change the template. If the template isn't exactly how you want it you have to start the campaign from scratch. Occasionally it's slow to load, especially the drag and drop interface. But these are both minor points.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Sendinblue's marketing automation was a bit complicated. If a contact unsubscribed from an email in the automation they weren't unsubscribed from general campaigns and vice-versa. Mailchimp's automation wasn't that simple and it's a lot more expensive.

Response from MailerLite

We'd love how thorough you've been Tracey! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Replied June 2022

Alison

April 2022

MailerLite is the Chick-fil-a of the online space

Best experience ever. Seriously.

Pros

Moving to MailerLite was one of the best decisions I ever made for my business. Having everything in one space – email, client management, landing pages, website – is SO convenient and saves me so much time and money. The integration between all of those features makes tracking customer engagement incredibly easy. The editor for landing pages, websites, automations, and emails is intuitive and full of great features. But what really impresses me, time and again, is the customer service. No one likes it when stuff glitches or they run into an issue, but I can say with 100% sincerity and honesty that I actually LOOK FORWARD to interacting with the MailerLite customer service team. They are quick to respond, easy to understand (not sure if they're all native English speakers, but they sure come across as such), clear in their instruction, and seemingly always in a good mood. It doesn't matter how frustrated I am with whatever issue I'm experiencing, I always leave a MailerLite customer service exchange with a smile on my face.

Cons

Occasionally the editor function gets a little temperamental and doesn't want to format text correctly.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

ActiveCampaign was WAY more product than I needed at the time. It was difficult to navigate, confusing in all its features, and way expensive.

Christer

Amazing value for money

Great features, easy to integrate with other platforms, amazing customer support.

Pros

MailerLite is extremely flexible and powerful for eCommerce, it has great built-in survey functionality and smart tagging, groups and automations. It has powerful integrations and even features its own landing page builder (as well as a very versatile form builder). Multiple great templates and well defined blocks that are useful in any type of email.

Cons

It is not yet possible to feature some eCommerce KPIs in the campaign dashboard. Top-level eCommerce figures are distorted by the multicurrency set-up in WooCommerce.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Amazing features, ease of use, price and industry suitability.

Response from MailerLite

Hi Christer, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us - we'd love to share this testimonial on our website. Just pop us a message via this email, and we can have a chat!

Replied June 2022

Sue

Customer Support Second to None

I am setting up a mailing list from scratch and I have found the functionality to be great. The couple of times I have found the help files to be less than helpful, someone has responded to my feedback and answered my queries and made the functionality very clear. Wonderful to know that someone actually reads (and responds) to feedback, rather than it going into a black hole.

Pros

As a brand new user, I am finding Mailerlite very easy to use, with almost all the functionality I need so far. I have asked a couple of questions where I do not understand the functionality and my questions have been answered very quickly! The automation is very intuitive and easy to set up.

Cons

I wanted to create a dropdown with 12 options (for months), but found the limit was 10 options. Small issue, but a bit of a hindrance.

A product review.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I have always found Mailchimp to be very clunky to use, and wondered if there was something better available (at my beginner price point ie. free).

Response from MailerLite

Hi Sue, amazing to have you with us - was really curious about your Vintage shop, you should pass by the site, so I can have a look. I'm a sucker for a good find. If you have any further questions, you know where to find our amazing support team. - Lay

Replied April 2021

Great Experience using the software

I had a wonderful customer support chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He was able to help me get my first automation launched within a few messages and guided me to the right steps in process. One of the best chat interactions I've had, and I'm constantly working with different software companies.

Pros

The tool is aesthetically pleasing when you first login. I was able to build an automation without too much back and forth to the knowledge base. Very intuitive.

Cons

Some features are a bit confusing as to how they work. I had trouble with finding triggers at first.

Friend recommendation

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Ease of use, and lower price point that allowed to only get the functionality I needed as opposed to paying for a bunch of things I didn't need.

Deborah

Industry: Writing and Editing

Quality Software, Exceptional Customer Service, and Scalable Pricing

Exceptional experience! The time-saving, money-saving and real people support team, has made the transition a lot easier than imagined. Open rates doubled and click rates also improved.

Pros

The best thing about this software is tutorials and triggered automation. The time-saving features like this one make sure the subscribers are organized and receive only what they have agreed to receive (through triggering 'group' additions and removals). The scalable pricing gives smaller startups a place to begin and grow.

Cons

The report feature could be improved. When we want to export a list of subscribers from a specific group, we can do that, but the report is missing the details (if this is a settings issue I'm still not finding it). I would like to have the report include all of the 'fields' that were completed during the opt-in. These answers ARE on each subscriber's profile page, but, not on the download.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Sequences and Series: The MailerLite automation triggers and features were optimal for series delivery (evergreen cycles with various opt-in dates). Easy to follow and implement instructions, video tutorials, and support forum (so far we are on a Facebook group). Scalable pricing.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Did not have the features we needed or did but the tutorial wasn't as clear as the MailerLite videos.

Response from MailerLite

Hi Deborah, great to hear about your experience with us, and it is also very much appreciated that you're taking the time to write this review. I took your feedback about our reports into account and made sure to keep track of this and see how we can improve it.

Replied August 2021

Tracy

Reliable and Easy to use

The problem I had with email marketing for my clients was they were petrified to go into the system and create a newsletter themselves. Now with MailerLite because it is SO user friendly, they are eager to do their own email marketing. The templates make it to easy to design professional and high converting emails.

Pros

MailerLite is easy to ue even for those who are tech challenged. They have amazing support and ther are tons of helpful tutorials by them on you tube so you can easily figure anything out. It works great for my clients using WooCommerce as we use it to market to their subscribers with high conversion rates.

Cons

I think in the beginning as with most techy software, it is challenging but only for a short while. With all the tutorials they have, everything is very clearly explained and demonstrated.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I found Mailchimp clunky and difficult to use. My clients did not enjoy it either. MailerLite seemed to work better with WooCommerce too.

Theodor

Industry: Photography

Free version extreme value!

Super friendly and very service minded support. It is really something how much value and functionality the free version includes, I have no need to go to the paid version before reaching 1000 subs, and when I do the price for the paid version is also extremely competitively priced.

Pros

Great features, excellent customer support

Cons

None really. Off cause there could be even more functionality, but really there is already a lot.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

I read reviews of Mailchimp and realized that price for automations would be high. I used MC a while back and it was at the time also quite cumbersome interface.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Squarespace mailservice is ridiculously expensive and very little value. MailerLite free version in MUCH better.

Response from MailerLite

Took a little peak at your photography, and it's beautiful. I especially like the picture of Tjurpannans Naturreservat. Glad you're part of our community now.

Replied May 2021

Nebojsa

Best value for money

For us, MailerLite is the basic software for our own marketing.

Pros

Very kind and fast support. The software is easy to use, but if I get stuck there is help

Cons

The campaign resend feature may show total results outside of individual campaigns

easy-to-use and fast software

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

We need easy-to-use and fast software. It doesn’t have to have a lot of features

Cristina

May 2022

Great platform and great customer experience

I'm very happy with MailerLite and I do recommned it.

Pros

Good price, good privacy and anti-spam features, good training and easy to use.

Cons

I would love to be able to personalize more the signature block. And there's something strage when I want to add more spaces between paragraphs, but I guess I can just write in another text block.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp is too expensive and I don't like their automation features.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Cristina, if you get in touch with our support team, they can find the easiest way to help you out with those pesky spaces you are talking about. Thank you for leaving us such a kind review!

Replied May 2022

Eloy Millennia

Industry: Farming

March 2022

An amazing solution to email marketing!

The insights we gained about our email marketing, just by looking at the statistics and analytics of our campaigns, are stunningly beneficial! MailerLite helped us increase our revenue by more than 100%, just by testing and improving our email content.

Pros

The drag-and-drop template builder is very easy to use and the created templates show in every email client I can think of. So far, nobody had to open our email in their browser because of displaying issues.

Cons

Unfortunately there are no integrations available for our webshop platform called OpenCart.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Our marketing agency recommended MailerLite. MailerLite simply stands out because of the clarity and transparency about its paid plans. No limits, other than your number of subscribers and emails sent. It just makes sense! Every alternative I could find has limitations on layouts, templates, or even has elements on templates that you could only use if you upgrade your plan. Nothing feels worse than constantly being confronted with features you cannot use, while paying for a product you expect to be fully functioning.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I try to keep this short but there's a lot wrong with MailChimp. They kept bothering us with their own marketing emails and their very own unsubscribe link didn't work, for several months while I used their platform. I wouldn't trust this giant with our company emails. Maybe it changed by this time, but it was a huge pain to get in touch with their own customer service. I get the feeling that MailChimp has become a bit arrogant about their position on the market. Their paid plans are too limited and expensive, simply because they can.

Response from MailerLite

What an amazing achievement you guys have done with your revenue. We're so proud to hear this! We'd love to share your story and get to know more about it. Feel free to reply to us, so we can have a chat.

Replied March 2022

Kathie

March 2022

Excellent Product

Ease of use and cost too had me from the very beginning. I love the app and can check my metrics quickly all day long.

Pros

I have used everything from Constant Contact to ConvertKit. Most recently I was with Kajabi which is very expensive and very clunky. On all the other platforms I kept hitting glitches. Kajabi was very slow and the analytics were zero!!!! Mailerlite beats everyone hands down. It’s easy to use, quick, and to the point. The cost beats everyone out there. Don’t let the price fool you. It’s worth it’s weight in gold!!

Cons

Once I got to more advanced options like integrations there were a few hitches but customer service stepped up to help quickly and efficiently. Maybe they have this but I’d love to have alerts when someone subscribes or at least 1 alert daily so it’s easy to keep track of.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

It was not easy to set up. I needed a form in my blog posts and couldn’t figure out how to do that.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Kajabi was cost and a slow glitch that sent a segment to my entire list. Zero analytics and just not as aesthetic as it should be for that cost!!!!! All the others: cost and not easy to use.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Kathie, we got you covered. Just have a look at this article that might help you set up some handy notifications. https://www.mailerlite.com/help/how-to-get-a-notification-when-someone-joins-your-email-list-or-group

Replied March 2022

Mojca

February 2022

I use it for myself, for my clients and I teach others how to use it. I really like this tool for campagnes, landing pages, and forms. At this moment I have no need to search for any other tool because I am fully satisfied with Mailerlite.

Pros

I love how easy is MailerLite to use. You can find everything on Youtube and their academy. The most I like are the analytics and click map. If I consider the results I can improve my work every time.

Cons

Sometimes it takes too long to save the work. It is a bit slow. I can not think of any other minuses about Mailerlite.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Price, simplicity, help desk, videos on You tube

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

To complicated, to many functions that are necessary in that kind of tool (Facebook adds - for example)

Claude

February 2022

This is my second review for MailerLite, and I have only grown to love it more!

Of all the services that I use, it is the only one which still maintains a 100% satisfaction rating with me.

Pros

I was originally drawn to MailerLite because of the ability to automate sequences. I would keep it for that one thing alone. But the service just keeps getting better.

Cons

Although I understand the necessity for limitations - I would love to have more than a 100-step sequence (I know that that would not be necessary for most people. But you actually have so many options in the automation sequences, that you can actually go a bit crazy with it. However - it is because of these options that everyone who responds to me, actually thinks that I am physically typing out each email and mailing them directly... Which is, of course, the goal... To mail as many people as possible, but for each of those people to feel like they are getting my direct and personal attention at every step of the way... So a lift on, or at least a raising of, the cap for steps in automation sequences.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

I focused my entire basis on price for the ability to have automations.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I left MailPoet because their customer service was HORRIBLE!!! I stopped using MailKing by CloudHQ because all my mails ended up in spam. And I left MailChimp because it was impossible to comprehend the whole thing as one simple eco-system. They were trying to be WAY too many things. I was paying for a TON of stuff I would never use, but the thing I needed the MOST was WAY too expensive... probably because it came with a ton of other crap that I would never need.

Jade C

Happy Mailerlite Customer!

MailerLite helps me reach my readers with beautiful emails that are simple to design, and their tracking features let me know how successful a particular campaign has been.

Pros

Some of the things I love about Mailerlite are the affordability, the ease of use, the knowledge base, and--when you can't figure out how to do something--STELLAR customer service. Every time I've had to reach out to someone, they've helped me quickly, giving me the information I need and the tools to find what I need next time. And they are consistently improving. Several years ago, I switched from another provider to Mailerlite to save money and expected fewer bells and whistles, but Mailerlite has not disappointed me.

Cons

There are minor automation features I'd love to see deployed in the future, but when I say minor, I mean it. I could live without those tweaks for the rest of my life and still be thrilled.

Affordability.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Cost. Mailchimp's pricing got to be too much for me. I also tried other services and found MailerLite to be more affordable without sacrificing service.

Response from MailerLite

So glad to hear that we've been able to support your business and help you reach your audience. Thanks a lot for the review, Jade.

Replied February 2022

Nicole

Industry: Writing and Editing

Incredible value for the money

In addition to its low price relative to its features, what I appreciate most about MailerLite is its customer service. As I mentioned earlier, I have yet to come across a problem that someone on the MailerLite team wasn't able to help me solve. I love that they use screenshots to show me exactly how I can fix a problem. Also, they are FAST. I think the longest I have ever had to wait for an answer to one of my questions is an hour. More often, they respond in ten minutes or less. They are amazing!

Pros

I use MailerLite for nearly everything related to my small Internet business. I use it to reach my people weekly, to announce new products, to automatically introduce new subscribers to my work, to offer giveaways, to launch new products, and more. I really enjoy that it has so many features--nearly every feature I need, in fact--and is so easy to use. I have yet to have a problem with any aspect of my email marketing that MailerLite has been unable to solve or help me with.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing I wish MailerLite did that they don't already do is have an evergreen countdown timer. They have a fixed-date countdown timer that I use with my launches, but they don't have an evergreen timer that you can use within automations (that go out any time). I know that feature is under review, but I don't know when or if they have plans to implement it.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

MailerLite was the only option I seriously considered, because price-wise no other option could compare. All three of the options I mentioned above were FAR more expensive for my mailing list size. I could not have afforded any of them. MailerLite was the one option that had all the features I wanted without the price tag that would have made me cry.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Aweber had excellent customer service, but they were a) a lot more expensive and b) very difficult to use. They were constantly adding new features, which was great, but it was all put together in a very cumbersome way that made it difficult for me to carry out what I wanted to do. When I compare, for instance, the process of putting together an automation in MailerLite to one in Aweber, there's no contest; it's far easier to do with MailerLite.

Scott

Industry: Publishing

MailerLite is the perfect email marketing solution for me

I think I went two years before having to email MailerLite my first question, and I got a response in a few hours that answered my question right off the bat. It just does what it's supposed to without any hiccups or hassles.

Pros

Intuitive interface, great product for the price, and - on the rare occasions I've contacted support - super-fast, friendly, and helpful replies from the support team.

Cons

I would love to be able to have elements in email templates auto-update without having to manually pull up and edit every single saved email in my campaigns/autoresponders. For example, if I release a new book and want to update a footer image profiling my books (that I use in the template for most of my autoresponders), right now I have to manually update every email in the autoresponders. Mailerlite has some templates elements that are dynamic, but after emailing their support, they confirmed what I want to do isn't currently supported with dynamic elements. Fingers crossed they'll fix this in the future.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Best suite of features I need at this time for a great price. I may outgrow MailerLite down the road - or may not - but right now it's the no-brainer choice for my email marketing needs.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp's change in billing a few years back and my recurring problems with their editor (which their IT department could not solve) eventually drove me away after years of using it.

Response from MailerLite

Thanks so much for the kind words. We appreciate the feedback on auto-updating elements. Feel free to also add this on the request list (you can find this when you log in via your profile button on the top right). This way, other users can upvote and help us get these type of features worked on faster!

Replied December 2021

Monica

Only The Inexperienced User Grumbles About Mailerlite

If you haven't figured out that Mailerlite is one of those hills I die on in loving the app, then you didn't read my review thoroughly

Pros

I work primarily with authors. As a general rule, authors are control freaks (I know, I'm one myself.) Whenever I hear complaints about Mailerlite open rates, click throughs, management etc. as a loyal customer, I counter with my extended use of the app, how long it takes to build an audience, stop expecting immediate magical results that NO mailing list vendor can give you. The app is the tool, the user needs to know how to manipulate it to their advantage by know how to entertain, hone their lists, and maximize their mailings. MOST OF ALL EMAIL REPUTATION is crucial. Few users get that. A smaller tighter list of 5k subscribers is worth more than a list of 15k because most of that 15k sign up then never read or click through. Wastes money, time, and message focusing. I have NEVER had any of the problems I see others complain about. No one can be an expert in everything, and while newsletters are crucial to an author, few of them get that it take a strong understanding of mailing list marketing, and creative thinking to use Mailerlite to it's fullest potential. IMHO Mailerlite can't be beat with their innovative offerings for the budget-mined businesses. BUT you need to know how to use it. Most complainers have unrealistic expectations. They're not looking at the overall picture. The only other vendor I would choose over Mailerlite is AC, but I can manage w/o extra bells and whistles because my expertise is in marketing and the app's abilities to build strong lists.

Cons

The only thing I wish Mailerlite had is some of the detailed tracking that Active Campaign offers, but that requires a lot of programming, and would cost more. I also wish they could transfer over the ability for more custom design that can be applied to everything I create template or email wise. When I have to recreate things, it takes time, and that costs my clients money. Also, lately there seems to be some server delays as certain times of the day the app churns while trying to get from one place to another. But AC has similar problems. I don't know if that's completely their fault though with more and more people working from home, it's bound to impact local traffic on the user's end. However, I'm on 5G and I still have issues with load times . So it's something they need to be aware.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

I get pretty much the same amount of features at a MUCH LOWER price point.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

The switch was made because client thought they'd get better open/click rates without understanding that email reputation (their responsibility) and strong branch workflows are crucial to targeting and strengthening a list.

Response from MailerLite

I think your phrase "one of those hills I die on" genuinely just make me spit the tea out of my mouth. Thank you so much for such an amazing review - I always find it amazingly entertaining to read reviews that have been very creatively crafted and left behind. I would love to ask you for some details and send you a little gift from my end. Feel free to reply to this, and we can get in touch.

Replied November 2021

Eli

Outstanding Product, World Class Customer Service

Five stars. Seriously, this is the best platform I've ever used. Again, I can't rave enough about the customer service. Whenever I have a question, I don't even bother digging through online forums or google searches. I just hit the chat box, and five minutes later I have my answer (usually accompanied by a meme...I told you these guys have a sense of humor). This level of easy access to customer service makes dealing with my mailing lists EASY, and if you've ever dealt with a convoluted platform like MailChimp, you know what a dream that is. The platform itself is also so easy to navigate and understand. Once I know where I feature or tool is located, I almost never have to ask where to find it again, even if I don't use it for a few months. That's because the platform is user-centric, logical, and clean. MailerLite also seems to invest effort into regularly updating and optimizing the platform so that it stays clean and usable. Add to that the incredible value of the product (MailerLite's prices are some of the best in the business) and you have a real winner.

Pros

I've used mailing lists as a core of my marketing strategies for various businesses since 2011, and MailerLite is far and away the best. Many mailing list services are built around impossibly complex and counter-intuitive platforms that leave you searching for functions and features every time you need to use them. Not MailerLite. MailerLite is so simple and easy to use, and if you ever have a question, one of their expert customer service reps is only a quick instant message away. These guys are absolute experts. I've literally never had a question they couldn't answer, or find the answer to. They have a sense of humor, too, and I never have to wait very long to talk to one.

Cons

Early on in my adoption of MailerLite I did have some issues with the software loading slowly, and occasionally not loading at all. I think these were just growing pains, and I've not had any issues for a while now. One feature MailerLite does not have that I really wish they would add is a tagging system. They offer what they call "groups", which are basically buckets to put various subscribers in. I wish there was a way to tag a subscriber with a note like "first time buyer" or whatever, so that I could then segment parts of groups later for more detailed targeting. I use groups more like lists. Most mailing list providers offer lists and tags. MailerLite seems to have merged both of these functions into one, calling them groups. The downside of this is that if you use groups as tags, and you like to use a really detailed tagging system, you end up with an absolute mess of groups, with some subscribers in multiple groups. It's not clean. Other than this, I really have no complaints. I miss tags, but not enough to give up the extreme usability and outstanding value that MailerLite brings over overpriced and convoluted options like MailChimp (yeah, I'm gonna name names).

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Two reasons. First of all, MailChimp's platform is absolutely abysmal. I mean it's just the worst. I can never find anything, the tools and functionality are limited, customer service is limited (and slow), and the interface is anything but intuitive. I've used MailChimp off and on for over a decade, and during that time they haven't improved the interface at all. It's truly terrible. Secondly, pricing. MailChimp is generally about twice as expensive as MailerLite, and that really starts to sting when you gain larger lists. They also regularly increase their pricing, which is business, I understand. But when your product continues to be counter-intuitive, difficult to use, and outdated...AND you increase your prices to unreasonable levels...I'm out.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Eli, you are such a star for giving us such an amazing and thorough review. We love honest feedback and think this is important for users to see. We've been collecting some reviews we love to share on our website, and this just might be one of them! If you are okay to do so, could you reply to my email? We can chat further!

Replied October 2021

One of the best email marketing solutions I've found (and I've tried them ALL!)

So far (for the past six months) I've been working on a free plan, and haven't even begun to dig into what MailerLite can REALLY do for power users, but I've been extremely happy with what I've been able to accomplish with them so far. Remain very impressed with the number/quality of features. As an aside, they send a newsletter that is among the most helpful I've received.

Pros

Having tried other competitors, I've found MailerLite to be among the most intuitive, and DEFINITELY offers the most bang for the buck. So far, I haven't encountered any major issues. The process of uploading and cleaning subscriber lists, configuring lists & groups, managing signup forms, and setting up/sending campaigns + automated series' has been painless compared to the other email marketing solutions I've tried. Everything works as expected, and it doesn't take a long time to accomplish the small weekly email tasks I need to do. They have a number of good integrations and I particularly appreciate how they can work with Woocommerce. It's also been nice to be able to add users with different roles.

Cons

So far my one real complaint is that working in the backend can feel a bit slow at times. It's also a small gripe, but editing forms takes a bit longer than it should, as you have to click through a few screens to finally save your updated form.

Cost

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I was with Mailchimp for years, but it had become extremely expensive and I could no longer justify what my newsletters were costing to send. I tried SendinBlue but onboarding was a mess and the backend was extremely clunky. I switched to Flodesk, but unfortunately, they seem to be working through a lot of issues that are to be expected when a product is still in beta. MailerLite seemed to be the best value, and after having used it for the last six months, I definitely believe it is.

Response from MailerLite

Glad to have you with us. Sharing a little secret with you today, we have heard our users and their feedback and there are some excited things in store in the future that might make all your cons go away for good. Keep an eye out :)

MailerLite