What are MailerLite users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MailerLite software through verified user reviews

• icon"The design options and templates are very good. Very good analytics and very easy to import mailing lists."
  • icon"Also, the customer service is quick, responsive, kind, and great to work with."
  • icon"Unlimited emails are great for an ecom business like ours, and the automation is essential for us (it's the main reason we switched from HubSpot, which cost literally 10x more to include automation)."
  • icon"There was a recent crash of the entire site which was very frustrating because there was no way to access my account."
  • icon"The open rate on the newsletter is lower than it should be, a problem due to Mailerlite's servers getting blacklisted from time to time. It's rather frustrating when that happens."

Browse all MailerLite Reviews

• Have you used MailerLite and would like to share your experience with others?

Clean and Easy to Use UI, FREE tier options and features the **BEST** in the industry.

Excellent....no complaints whatsoever. Customer service was prompt and helpful

Pros

How easy it is to use. I logged in and setup a campaign with a subscription form on the landing page I had built in less than 10 minutes. Was able to verify my sending email domain quickly, and test everything with no deliverability options. None of the emails wen to spam, like other platforms I've tested, from my same domain I was using, emails went to spam, or took ages to arrive in the inbox in my test runds.

Cons

No library of images, for example other platforms are connected to pixabay or unsplash, but this is a small price to pay, as their basic pro plan starts at a low fee of $10 per month (or $84 per year) - for 5 landing pages and one website, THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE price.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Custom service from Wishpond is slow, but the number one issue, their system to setup a campaign is so *complicated**, they havent updated the platforms ui or templates for landing pages and forms in a over two years. The company is stagnant when it comes to doing any improvements. All other platforms in this space, continually are improving their website, landing pages, Ui, customer support, features. Wishpond is just dead it seems. What is disappointing, IT HAS GREAT POTENTIAL to be a market leader, because of all the features it has...but users can work on potential.

Response from MailerLite

You review titles is making us blush, Michael! What a treat to read this. Thank you so much on behalf of our team to write this. Glad you became part of our community. Edit: Just realized I didn't add this little part in - we do have Unsplash integrated, so a little odd that you cannot see this from your end. Here's a link that might help: https://www.mailerlite.com/video-tutorials/file-manager-store-and-organize-your-images If this doesn't work, please get in touch with our support team as they will help you out with this.

Roland

Great, flexible service, with excellent support

Used them for years now, and recommend them to all my clients

Pros

Easy to use with lots of features usually only available with expensive services.

Cons

Going in and out of the drag and drop editor can sometimes be slow.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Price for what I need. I use the others, too, but as an author I don't need the advanced features that the others provide. Mailerlite is quite advanced enough unless you're selling big ticket items .

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

More flexible, easier to use, and all for less money (a lot less).

Response from MailerLite

Love to hear that you're enjoying being with us enough to recommend us, Roland! Paying it forward is the best way to go.

Robert

Excellent Eblast Platform

We store our member database there. We send concert promotions. We construct newsletters and more.

Pros

Mailerlite is very easy to use. Each section of an email seems to have a ready made drag and drop component. The components can be moved around or deleted with ease. It also integrated seamlessly with our ticketing software and the email signup web setup is straightforward. The support is the best I have ever experienced. I have literally never had to wait more than a minute for someone to jump in and help with any question or setup.

Cons

There are really no cons. There are a couple possible features that I thought MIGHT be useful. 1) Sub group possibilities and 2) Some ability to enter html in the very top header (where it says view in a browser). These are rather minor. They are looking into what might work.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Integration and price. It also had all features I wanted and worked beautifully and easily.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

They were also fine but did not integrate into our web or were pricier.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Robert, we're so happy to hear from you and that everything is running smoothly. We would love to get a testimonial from you! If you would be willing, could you please let me know? We can talk about it further via email.

Amir

August 2016

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

My experience with MailerLite. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. I give them credit, when it is due : Easy to navigate interface and professionally pre-made templates seemed a perfect match for my needs. As a small business owner, my first goal was to find a bulk email software that is easy to use and has a friendly and responsive customer service. For years, I used one of the major bulk email software providers, but they have become really expensive compared to what you get in return for these email campaigns. Finally, I made my decision and enrolled in one of MailerLite plans that seemed very attractive; at least on the paper! 15000 subscribers and unlimited monthly emails for $30!! WOAH !!! what a great bargain. Right? Not that fast ! They were very quick to charge my business card for the $30. I spent few hours to create a perfect email and uploaded my mailing list of 15000. and start creating the first campaign on MailerLite. This is where the nightmare started. When I wanted to send out the email, I received an email from their support team that I am not allowed to use more than 2000. ( i paid for 15000 subscribers with unlimited monthly emails) . I told them that I won't have it that way and they should cancel my account. They reached out to me and assured me that everything would be fine, hey approved me for 5000 and promised to increase my quote after the first few emails to prevent spams. Fair enough! After sending out the emails, they told me that I have breached their spam policy since the hard bounce of my emails were more than a certain number that they allow. I was not very happy with their decision but again, its their policy and I have to follow it. So I accepted their decision and didn't argue with them. But this the same email list that I have used with the other major email provider. I knew this is a small company with few resources and I have made a mistake. Obviously, I didn't want to pay for a service that I am not allowed to use. quite simple. So, I ask them to cancel my subscription and refund me the $30 that they have charged me !!! They kept me waiting for almost 4 days and then they told me that they have decided to keep my money ?!!!!!, and obviously they have access to all the 15000 subscribers on mailing list !! Customer service is the forefront of a business and I am really sorry to say that theirs is NON-EXISTING. Since the goal of this review was to save others some time and un-wanted headache, I have not mentioned any of the other competitors that make a much better option. Since then, I have signed up to another provider for only $5 extra and I could not be happier. I learned my lesson , cheaper choice is not always a better one. It is wiser to pay a bit more and go with a company with a better customer service and more resources. If even you think that you won't have the same issue that I had with them, still think of your need of customer service at some point. I hope this has helped you in your search. Good luck!

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.

One of the best email marketing solutions I've found (and I've tried them ALL!)

So far (for the past six months) I've been working on a free plan, and haven't even begun to dig into what MailerLite can REALLY do for power users, but I've been extremely happy with what I've been able to accomplish with them so far. Remain very impressed with the number/quality of features. As an aside, they send a newsletter that is among the most helpful I've received.

Pros

Having tried other competitors, I've found MailerLite to be among the most intuitive, and DEFINITELY offers the most bang for the buck. So far, I haven't encountered any major issues. The process of uploading and cleaning subscriber lists, configuring lists & groups, managing signup forms, and setting up/sending campaigns + automated series' has been painless compared to the other email marketing solutions I've tried. Everything works as expected, and it doesn't take a long time to accomplish the small weekly email tasks I need to do. They have a number of good integrations and I particularly appreciate how they can work with Woocommerce. It's also been nice to be able to add users with different roles.

Cons

So far my one real complaint is that working in the backend can feel a bit slow at times. It's also a small gripe, but editing forms takes a bit longer than it should, as you have to click through a few screens to finally save your updated form.

Cost

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I was with Mailchimp for years, but it had become extremely expensive and I could no longer justify what my newsletters were costing to send. I tried SendinBlue but onboarding was a mess and the backend was extremely clunky. I switched to Flodesk, but unfortunately, they seem to be working through a lot of issues that are to be expected when a product is still in beta. MailerLite seemed to be the best value, and after having used it for the last six months, I definitely believe it is.

Response from MailerLite

Glad to have you with us. Sharing a little secret with you today, we have heard our users and their feedback and there are some excited things in store in the future that might make all your cons go away for good. Keep an eye out :)

Alma

Why MailerLite is a superior product at an incredible price!

LOVE IT! I will never go back to Mailchimp.

Pros

I love the ease of use. For me, it's like using Active Campaign but WAYYYY more affordable for my small business.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to find answers to some of my technical issues on the how-to pages. But, I'm excited to start using the new university.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Because Mailerlite offered almost the same functions I needed but did not require me to get three more jobs just to pay for it. LOL.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp was too challenging and did not do what I needed it to do for the amount of money they were charging.

Response from MailerLite

So great to hear that you're joining the Academy, Alma - can't wait! And if you still have any other question, do get in touch with our amazing support team. They will always have your back.

Sue

Customer Support Second to None

I am setting up a mailing list from scratch and I have found the functionality to be great. The couple of times I have found the help files to be less than helpful, someone has responded to my feedback and answered my queries and made the functionality very clear. Wonderful to know that someone actually reads (and responds) to feedback, rather than it going into a black hole.

Pros

As a brand new user, I am finding Mailerlite very easy to use, with almost all the functionality I need so far. I have asked a couple of questions where I do not understand the functionality and my questions have been answered very quickly! The automation is very intuitive and easy to set up.

Cons

I wanted to create a dropdown with 12 options (for months), but found the limit was 10 options. Small issue, but a bit of a hindrance.

A product review.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I have always found Mailchimp to be very clunky to use, and wondered if there was something better available (at my beginner price point ie. free).

Response from MailerLite

Hi Sue, amazing to have you with us - was really curious about your Vintage shop, you should pass by the site, so I can have a look. I'm a sucker for a good find. If you have any further questions, you know where to find our amazing support team. - Lay

Replied April 2021

Deborah

Industry: Writing and Editing

Quality Software, Exceptional Customer Service, and Scalable Pricing

Exceptional experience! The time-saving, money-saving and real people support team, has made the transition a lot easier than imagined. Open rates doubled and click rates also improved.

Pros

The best thing about this software is tutorials and triggered automation. The time-saving features like this one make sure the subscribers are organized and receive only what they have agreed to receive (through triggering 'group' additions and removals). The scalable pricing gives smaller startups a place to begin and grow.

Cons

The report feature could be improved. When we want to export a list of subscribers from a specific group, we can do that, but the report is missing the details (if this is a settings issue I'm still not finding it). I would like to have the report include all of the 'fields' that were completed during the opt-in. These answers ARE on each subscriber's profile page, but, not on the download.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Sequences and Series: The MailerLite automation triggers and features were optimal for series delivery (evergreen cycles with various opt-in dates). Easy to follow and implement instructions, video tutorials, and support forum (so far we are on a Facebook group). Scalable pricing.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Did not have the features we needed or did but the tutorial wasn't as clear as the MailerLite videos.

Response from MailerLite

Hi Deborah, great to hear about your experience with us, and it is also very much appreciated that you're taking the time to write this review. I took your feedback about our reports into account and made sure to keep track of this and see how we can improve it.

Claude

MailerLite Should Be Number One!!! (And They Probably Will Be)

Perfect. Everything has just been perfect. With the way that they have treated me, I actually feel like I am part of their team.

Pros

I switched to MailerLite because of the automation sequences that were FAR easier to use, and did NOT require a ridiculous upgrade in order to access them.

Cons

Honesty, there is nothing "bad" that I can say about anything with MailerLite. I am completely satisfied with everything. And it only keeps getting better.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

What sold me was the automated email sequencing. What made me upgrade (twice now) is that they are just awesome at everything they do!

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

MailChimp is just too expensive, and they are trying to be "Everything To Everyone". And ultimately, that means that they are not very good at anything that I tried to do with them. MailPoet was just a horrible experience. Great for the first couple days, but then a total disaster when it comes to their company policies and customer service. Absolutely horrible!

Response from MailerLite

We love that you feel part of the team, Claude! That's probably one of the greatest thing we can hear from our community. Thank you!

Nikki

Industry: Graphic Design

Mailer Lite ~ Great Customer Service and Wonderful Option for Total Beginners

I initially had an in issue with embedding a form that I had created in MailerLite into my WordPress site. I emailed Customer Support and received a quick response! Honestly, I wasn't expecting a personalized response that soon. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was kind enough to inform me that I may have installed the plug-in incorrectly and advised me on the steps of how to embed it properly. Sure enough! User error. I was able to embed and redesign to the form to my liking. Tested it and it works! Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] !⭐️

Pros

As a newbie to email marketing, I wished for an email management software that would be suitable for beginners. The instructor for an email campaign class mentioned that she recommended MailerLite for such folks as me and I am glad that she did! I recall attempting to use MailChimp and found it difficult to navigate through and not as intuitive as I liked. For Constant Contact, I did use that when I consulted for a small company but disliked the limited options. I also am intrigued by the MailerLite Academy and want to enroll in that.

Cons

The *only* thing that I dislike is that I, along with others in my class, didn't care for the background elements in the landing page templates. We all thought that we could modify the red color to a different color to match our background to no avail. It took some ingenuity but I did end up creating a landing page that I really like.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

As this is my first brand website, I wanted a management program that was geared towards beginners. I was already stressed out by designing my website and getting used to the nuances of my particular theme. Mailer Lite made it easy for me. As this was my first campaign and embed form, it did take me some time. I am rather picky about how things look so that does factor into that equation!

Response from MailerLite

Super curious how your landing page ended up, Nikki! And you should definitely enrol into the MailerLite Academy.

Theodor

Industry: Photography

Free version extreme value!

Super friendly and very service minded support. It is really something how much value and functionality the free version includes, I have no need to go to the paid version before reaching 1000 subs, and when I do the price for the paid version is also extremely competitively priced.

Pros

Great features, excellent customer support

Cons

None really. Off cause there could be even more functionality, but really there is already a lot.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

I read reviews of Mailchimp and realized that price for automations would be high. I used MC a while back and it was at the time also quite cumbersome interface.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Squarespace mailservice is ridiculously expensive and very little value. MailerLite free version in MUCH better.

Response from MailerLite

Took a little peak at your photography, and it's beautiful. I especially like the picture of Tjurpannans Naturreservat. Glad you're part of our community now.

Replied May 2021

Beth Champion

So much for so little!

Love it!

Pros

I was hosting my website & CRM in Kajabi, but the price was killing me. When I switched my e-courses over to another platform, I needed a website & email manager. I looked at a bunch of options, but the price got super high super fast. And the ones with a "free web builder!" were SOOOO limited that it would be impossible to build a decent-looking website with it. Then I found MailerLite! GREAT email and contact management & automations. SUPER easy web builder that actually rivals Kajabi and the big guys for like $10 a month (!). And when I got stuck, their support chat has always been super fast, super friendly, and usually just fixes my problem from their end in a couple minutes! I cannot say ENOUGH good things about this software.

Cons

I wish there was native integration with SamCart, but that's not MailerLite's fault. :) I wish a couple more things were customizable in the web designer -- but it's still way more than what I expected for the price.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Price, flexibility, ease of use, modern and good-looking templates for emails & sites/landing pages

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Kajabi was too pricey for where my business is right now. It was like using a chain saw when I really needed a good butter knife.

Response from MailerLite

So lovely you found us, Beth! And very glad to hear that our features have met your expectations. Thank you foo taking the time to write this review.

JAZE

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Get The Word Out With MailerLite

I got to see first hand what the power of a landing page can do for my business and with MailerLite, you get so many neat templates to choose from, it makes the whole process of sending newsletters so much fun and way easier than I thought.

Pros

This software could not be any easier to use, it is totally beginner friendly, has a cool user interface with a great free plan to use if you just want to see what it is capable of. It comes with a great email automation tool, allows up to 1000 subscribers/12000 emails plus if you do choose to make an upgrade to a paid plan, it is super affordable to do so.

Cons

I don't see any cons with this software, it meets my everyday needs, it does not come off as spam to my subscribers, they must just keep it up. So far so good.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

I got word from my sister that MailerLite was worth taking a closer look at because of how much it had to offer just off the free plan and that it was going to be the easiest software to adapt to when it comes to email marketing.

Response from MailerLite

Tell your sister we thank he for steering you our way and for leaving us such a lovely review behind.

Scott

Industry: Publishing

MailerLite is the perfect email marketing solution for me

I think I went two years before having to email MailerLite my first question, and I got a response in a few hours that answered my question right off the bat. It just does what it's supposed to without any hiccups or hassles.

Pros

Intuitive interface, great product for the price, and - on the rare occasions I've contacted support - super-fast, friendly, and helpful replies from the support team.

Cons

I would love to be able to have elements in email templates auto-update without having to manually pull up and edit every single saved email in my campaigns/autoresponders. For example, if I release a new book and want to update a footer image profiling my books (that I use in the template for most of my autoresponders), right now I have to manually update every email in the autoresponders. Mailerlite has some templates elements that are dynamic, but after emailing their support, they confirmed what I want to do isn't currently supported with dynamic elements. Fingers crossed they'll fix this in the future.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Best suite of features I need at this time for a great price. I may outgrow MailerLite down the road - or may not - but right now it's the no-brainer choice for my email marketing needs.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp's change in billing a few years back and my recurring problems with their editor (which their IT department could not solve) eventually drove me away after years of using it.

Response from MailerLite

Thanks so much for the kind words. We appreciate the feedback on auto-updating elements. Feel free to also add this on the request list (you can find this when you log in via your profile button on the top right). This way, other users can upvote and help us get these type of features worked on faster!

Replied December 2021

Monica

Only The Inexperienced User Grumbles About Mailerlite

If you haven't figured out that Mailerlite is one of those hills I die on in loving the app, then you didn't read my review thoroughly

Pros

I work primarily with authors. As a general rule, authors are control freaks (I know, I'm one myself.) Whenever I hear complaints about Mailerlite open rates, click throughs, management etc. as a loyal customer, I counter with my extended use of the app, how long it takes to build an audience, stop expecting immediate magical results that NO mailing list vendor can give you. The app is the tool, the user needs to know how to manipulate it to their advantage by know how to entertain, hone their lists, and maximize their mailings. MOST OF ALL EMAIL REPUTATION is crucial. Few users get that. A smaller tighter list of 5k subscribers is worth more than a list of 15k because most of that 15k sign up then never read or click through. Wastes money, time, and message focusing. I have NEVER had any of the problems I see others complain about. No one can be an expert in everything, and while newsletters are crucial to an author, few of them get that it take a strong understanding of mailing list marketing, and creative thinking to use Mailerlite to it's fullest potential. IMHO Mailerlite can't be beat with their innovative offerings for the budget-mined businesses. BUT you need to know how to use it. Most complainers have unrealistic expectations. They're not looking at the overall picture. The only other vendor I would choose over Mailerlite is AC, but I can manage w/o extra bells and whistles because my expertise is in marketing and the app's abilities to build strong lists.

Cons

The only thing I wish Mailerlite had is some of the detailed tracking that Active Campaign offers, but that requires a lot of programming, and would cost more. I also wish they could transfer over the ability for more custom design that can be applied to everything I create template or email wise. When I have to recreate things, it takes time, and that costs my clients money. Also, lately there seems to be some server delays as certain times of the day the app churns while trying to get from one place to another. But AC has similar problems. I don't know if that's completely their fault though with more and more people working from home, it's bound to impact local traffic on the user's end. However, I'm on 5G and I still have issues with load times . So it's something they need to be aware.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

I get pretty much the same amount of features at a MUCH LOWER price point.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

The switch was made because client thought they'd get better open/click rates without understanding that email reputation (their responsibility) and strong branch workflows are crucial to targeting and strengthening a list.

Response from MailerLite

I think your phrase "one of those hills I die on" genuinely just make me spit the tea out of my mouth. Thank you so much for such an amazing review - I always find it amazingly entertaining to read reviews that have been very creatively crafted and left behind. I would love to ask you for some details and send you a little gift from my end. Feel free to reply to this, and we can get in touch.

Replied November 2021

Eli

Outstanding Product, World Class Customer Service

Five stars. Seriously, this is the best platform I've ever used. Again, I can't rave enough about the customer service. Whenever I have a question, I don't even bother digging through online forums or google searches. I just hit the chat box, and five minutes later I have my answer (usually accompanied by a meme...I told you these guys have a sense of humor). This level of easy access to customer service makes dealing with my mailing lists EASY, and if you've ever dealt with a convoluted platform like MailChimp, you know what a dream that is. The platform itself is also so easy to navigate and understand. Once I know where I feature or tool is located, I almost never have to ask where to find it again, even if I don't use it for a few months. That's because the platform is user-centric, logical, and clean. MailerLite also seems to invest effort into regularly updating and optimizing the platform so that it stays clean and usable. Add to that the incredible value of the product (MailerLite's prices are some of the best in the business) and you have a real winner.

Pros

I've used mailing lists as a core of my marketing strategies for various businesses since 2011, and MailerLite is far and away the best. Many mailing list services are built around impossibly complex and counter-intuitive platforms that leave you searching for functions and features every time you need to use them. Not MailerLite. MailerLite is so simple and easy to use, and if you ever have a question, one of their expert customer service reps is only a quick instant message away. These guys are absolute experts. I've literally never had a question they couldn't answer, or find the answer to. They have a sense of humor, too, and I never have to wait very long to talk to one.

Cons

Early on in my adoption of MailerLite I did have some issues with the software loading slowly, and occasionally not loading at all. I think these were just growing pains, and I've not had any issues for a while now. One feature MailerLite does not have that I really wish they would add is a tagging system. They offer what they call "groups", which are basically buckets to put various subscribers in. I wish there was a way to tag a subscriber with a note like "first time buyer" or whatever, so that I could then segment parts of groups later for more detailed targeting. I use groups more like lists. Most mailing list providers offer lists and tags. MailerLite seems to have merged both of these functions into one, calling them groups. The downside of this is that if you use groups as tags, and you like to use a really detailed tagging system, you end up with an absolute mess of groups, with some subscribers in multiple groups. It's not clean. Other than this, I really have no complaints. I miss tags, but not enough to give up the extreme usability and outstanding value that MailerLite brings over overpriced and convoluted options like MailChimp (yeah, I'm gonna name names).

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Two reasons. First of all, MailChimp's platform is absolutely abysmal. I mean it's just the worst. I can never find anything, the tools and functionality are limited, customer service is limited (and slow), and the interface is anything but intuitive. I've used MailChimp off and on for over a decade, and during that time they haven't improved the interface at all. It's truly terrible. Secondly, pricing. MailChimp is generally about twice as expensive as MailerLite, and that really starts to sting when you gain larger lists. They also regularly increase their pricing, which is business, I understand. But when your product continues to be counter-intuitive, difficult to use, and outdated...AND you increase your prices to unreasonable levels...I'm out.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Eli, you are such a star for giving us such an amazing and thorough review. We love honest feedback and think this is important for users to see. We've been collecting some reviews we love to share on our website, and this just might be one of them! If you are okay to do so, could you reply to my email? We can chat further!

Mohammed

Allows you to automate your way all the way through to your marketing and outreach goals

My first experience with MailerLite for conducting academic research was a huge miss from the very start, and ended up being quite disappointing because the numbers we were getting were abysmal by all accounts. But as I later found out from subsequent projects I worked on, the problem was not from the system, but from us (the research team). Because we hadn't taken much time to explore the full range of features and how to adapt them to our specific needs, we ended up with a highly defective campaign that was doomed to fail. Ever since then, I have collaborated on over 15 different campaigns with MailerLite, and each of them were a huge success, with outcomes far exceeding our modest expectations.

Pros

The list management protocols work excellently to create a really clean database of the most useful contacts. Not only does this reduce the overall cost of running our campaigns, it also affects the outcome of our campaign impact assessment results. We no longer get to factor in dead weights in our computations, which used to come up really short and make us feel like we failing woefully. Until MailerLite cleaned it up and gave us true measures of our actual impact.

Cons

Some of the most advanced embedded tracking features are a bit intrusive and feel like an invasion of the privacy of our clients, even though they do end up providing us with very valuable insights on our campaigns and the market.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

MailerLite had the best promotional ads and online resources.

Response from MailerLite

Hi Mohammed, thank you for sharing such a detailed experience with us. Should you have any other feedback, you can always mail us at feedback@mailerlite.com - we love to hear from our community.

Replied July 2021

The perfect tool for small business owners or just anyone who is about to start

Pretty happy with the product, helps me to do what I want to do without getting in the way all the time

Pros

This SaaS has everything an average user would want. It is perfect for small companies or folks who just want to set up a newsletter easily, without all the additional hustle of getting to use with the 100 of features the other platforms give you. I have tried and used for short periods a lot of them and I have found MailerLite to suit best my needs. It has free version of up to 1000 subscribers, Email builder, automations, site and forms builder in the free version. What more could I ask. It's more than enough to test out my idea, see if it will bring in some profit, and if it does I'll happily go on for the paid version.

Cons

Well I was trying to use some HTML code in one email but I could get it work for the life of me. I'm not a programmer by any means but I know how to deal with code, and HTML in particular. I was really frustrated and somewhat angry. As a last resort I mailed the support (I almost never do it because, they never give me any good advice, not MailerLite, but all support as general). here it wasn't the case, the agent pointed me out what I had to use and it did the job. Other than that I really haven't had any other issues. Gave it 4 starts, because it's my only contact with the support and really don't know more than that.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

The free trial gave me the possibility to get feel of the product and see if it was really what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Too many options, too complicated, too expensive and a lack of adequate free trial

Response from MailerLite

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and giving us some feedback regarding the HTML code issues.

Carmen

Industry: Publishing

Fantastic email platform especially for beginners

I have no complaints with Mailerlite. It integrates well with other platforms I'm using.

Pros

What I like about Mailerlite is that it is easy to use. The help-tutorials are very informative. I know it has the capability to do more than I am utilising at the moment, so I trust that it will serve me in the future as my mailing list grows. I also value the quick response I get from the help team when I can't find my answer in the help menu. They are friendly and willing to answer any question. The value for money is exceptional.

Cons

When I select a group and open the list of subscribers in that group, the Group List name doesn't appear above the list of subscribers. Instead the wording is "this list contains 36 subscribers". It would be helpful if that sentence says "this (name of group) contains 36 subscribers". I can easily forget which group I'm looking at without the name appearing at the top.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

My website is set up using Squarespace but I couldn't get it to integrate consistently with Mailchimp. Mailchimp is complicate compared to Mailerlite. Squarespace on it's own doesn't have all the features that Mailerlite has. So I simply moved everything over to Mailerlite. It works well with Zapier and StoryOrigin, the other platforms I use on a daily basis.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Carmen, great feedback for us! We truly appreciate it - I will make sure that this is passed on.

Replied June 2021

Audrey

Finally, an email service that keeps it simple.

MailerLite makes it easy to send professional emails my customers enjoy opening. Emails look better and it saves me time.

Pros

For me, the thing that separates MailerLite from other email services is its RSS feature. We post blogs almost daily. Then, once a week, we send a summary of our posts to our email list. When we were using Constant Contact, I had to make that summary email manually. With MailerLite, I hook up the RSS feed, and they automatically create the summary email and send it out for me. MailChimp has an RSS feature, but the formatting is a bland list. MailerLite wins here because I can edit how the RSS feed looks (e.g., use featured images, automated columns).

Cons

My biggest gripe is when you preview pending RSS emails in the queue. The test email shows older blog posts. However, when the queued email does officially send, it's the correct blog post.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Audrey, thank you for the feedback regarding the RSS - I will make sure to pass this on to our team for further inspection. - Lay

Replied May 2021

Great landing pages

MailerLite provides beautiful landing pages, an easy to use drag-and-drop email builder, and nice sign-up forms. It is amazing and really helpful that they allow free users access to their email automation feature.

Pros

Over the years, I have tried many email marketing services and I must acknowledge that MailerLite is a great alternative to MailChimp. They have really nice landing page options even if you're using their free plan. Beyond the landing pages, I did not end up choosing MailerLite as my "forever" email marketing provider though. I teach women how to start their own online business and if one of my students did not have a website I could not refer them to this provider. You need a website and a domain email address in order to use this service.

Cons

Some entrepreneurs are just starting out and they do not have a website yet. There are many online business owners who that want to build their email list before building their website. To get access to MailerLite however, you need a website. So, unfortunately, I cannot recommended this platform to my business friends who don't have a website yet.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I was testing out different email marketing platforms. I liked the landing pages and email automation feature that MailerLite provides.

Response from MailerLite

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review for us. Such a lovely business idea you have. We genuinely appreciate you giving us the feedback of some of our users not having a website - this is something I will make sure to add to our feedback data. Have a good one!

Replied April 2021

Really Solid Software and Customer Service

Love it. Will be hard to ever leave.

Pros

Great customizability for emails and very simple to use. It is the most design friendly email service I have used. Also incredible customer service. I accidentally deleted a very important landing page built through mailerlite - I emailed their support and it was restored within an hour. I accidentally deleted ALL of our subscribers - I emailed support again and again they were all restored within a couple hours. Very impressed.

Cons

I wish video was easier to insert into the emails. I also wish it was easier to segment. ConvertKit maybe a better option for segmenting and targeting.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Design capabilities are more intuitive.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailerlite is better and cheaper. That simple.

Response from MailerLite

Hi James, thank you for your lovely and. Fair feedback. I have to say the design on your Bissy Energy page is amazing! - Lay

Replied January 2021

Emily

Begin Email Marketing With Mailerlite

I switched from MailChimp to Mailerlite as the features with Mailerlite were more appealing, more professional and better value for money. I originally started with the free package for around two weeks, until my email list outgrew the free package, where I now continue to pay on a monthly basis. The income that I receive from utilizing my email list pays for the service provided by Mailierlite and I am very happy with the features/ service provided. I received great customer support from Mailerlite in regards to the issues mentioned above, and since then I have required no customer support.

Pros

I like the many features included with the software for a reasonable monthly (or yearly) fee. Such as the ability to create different groups to manage email marketing topics. I particular enjoy using the autoresponder emails feature as this is a great way to utilise email marketing and Mailerlite have a very user friendly interface, making a potentially complex task easier to carry out. I also enjoy the extra features including the landing page templates to capture new email signups.

Cons

The only issue I had with this product, and why I did not give it 5 stars, is the email deliverability rate. Whereby occasionally my automated emails were not being sent to new email signups and they were not able to complete the sign up process, being classed as unconfirmed in my email list. This was inconvenient as sometimes I would receive emails from people saying that they signed up but had not received a certain product I was offering for new sign ups. However, after researching this topic, I learnt that this is actually a common issue with most email network providers and that Mailerlite has one of the best deliverability rates overall. Therefore I have stayed with Mailerlite and I hope that this is something their software will improve on over time.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Because Mailerlite provides everything that I need for my current email marketing campaign, for a reasonable cost that I am happy and willing to pay.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

The features with Mailerlite were more appealing, more professional and better value for money.

Maggie

Easy to use Email Campaign Builder

MailerLite is easy to use and their team has been very responsive. For example. when we had to upgrade our license as we had hit our subscriber count, last minute, on a Friday, I was stressing! They got our license updated quickly so I could get my time sensitive email out on time.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and use! We have a period of high traffic where we have to reach out to multiple segments with customized information. MailerLite takes the stress out of it. It is easy to manage our subscriber list and I appreciate the intuitive advanced recipient settings that allow me to build in logic based on subscriber segments for sending email campaigns. The simple and easy to use stats let me see what is working. We compare this to a response/action in another system, as our emails are targeting groups with a call to action. I also like how easy it is to copy existing campaigns and easily modify them for different segments. I can build up all my campaigns and have them scheduled to help manage our 'traffic' in our office and systems. I also found that we can set up templates once we have customized the content to help maintain brand consistency, which saves us time and ensures the necessary details are included. I like that I can easily preview and test campaigns - mostly that I can view the desktop and mobile in the browser.

Cons

I've used other software that let us to custom html email design. The built in content builder can be a bit challenging if you really want to customize for a specific look. That being said, the content builder is made to let anyone easily and quickly create emails.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

MailerLite's free version restricted unique users, not the number of emails sent. We often need to email large segments on the same day. The free version made the most sense at the time. We continued with MailerLite because their licensing was affordable and we could pay monthly, and weren't committed to a year long contract.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

We had used a free version of a MailChimp with issues and received poor customer services. Literally, they never replied to us after multiple attempts. We had used this product for a few years on the free version, so were invested, but ultimately couldn't use it due to poor customer service, especially knowing our future growth would require purchasing/subscribing to the premium version.

Debbie

Industry: Performing Arts

All very good, once I got going

Overall, I like the company and the platform. It's not as slick as some of the others I've seen, but I believe it's a great value and gets the job done. I like that there are tutorials on just about everything, and customer support is very quick to respond when I have an issue.

Pros

It truly is a "drag and drop" landing page and website builder! I've worked with other website builders that make it so much more complicated than it needs to be. With MailerLite, I just literally drag a text box from the sidebar and plunk it down wherever I want to on my landing page. It's super easy to move sections up or down, too. It's not 100% customizable, and I've had to adjust my design plans a little here and there. But that's probably a good thing for me, who is easily overwhelmed when I have too many choices. I can spend hours and days on things that just don't matter in the long run if I'm given too many options. MailerLite allows me to customize just enough to make the finished product fit my brand without completely overwhelming me with too many options. Overall, once I figured things out, I found MailerLite to be very easy to use and at an excellent price point!

Cons

I wish there were more templates to choose from! Most everything can be tweaked and customized to fit my brand but I wish there was a template that was closer to what I was looking for from the get-go. I mentioned in the "pros" section that it's not 100% customizable, and found myself wishing here and there that I could just change this one little thing or move this/that over here/there. But like I said, being a bit more confined in the design options is probably a blessing for me and helped me get my landing pages, website and sales pages designed much quicker.

Reasons for choosing MailerLite

Price! MailerLite is the most generous with pricing and features than any other products I researched.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I was extremely disappointed that the free version of ConvertKit did not include automation. It seems to me that automation is a very basic feature of this type of software. I like that MailerLite offers automation along with a few other perks with their free plan.

MailerLite